Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1436

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

I loved this one!! I like Mismagius as well! Such a beautiful Pokemon... So this was rather good! I love magic and stuff. And the Spinda was so funny! Good job, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

I've got a long request list, but I'm working on it over the next two weeks. They won't all show up over that period of time,though. I'm in NaNoWriMo again this year, so I hope to have the stories already done so I can still update this in November, and I can focus on that project. And maybe this will update a little more often than in the past few months, hah!

The Halloween entry is looking to be creepy.

In Process: Yamask/Sandile
    On Deck: Sawsbuck/Zebstrika, Hydreigon/Stunfisk, Rayquaza, Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Vespiqueen, Serperior/Emboar
    Reserve: ??? (10/31)

Garbodor and Zigzagoon

The woman scrunched up her nose. “Ugh, I don’t see why they let such an ugly Pokémon stink up this beautiful park.”

“And I hear they can shoot poisonous gunk out of their, er, finger things,” the other woman said. “You’d think they’d get rid of it so it doesn’t cause damage.”

The Garbodor heard them, but he was thick skinned to that kind of comment. He picked up a paper cup and ate it; it still had its plastic lid, plastic straw, and bits of orange soda with it. In the end, it would all go to bulking up his body. He waddled on to a plastic bag that was wavering in the breeze.

And waddling was the best way to describe his gait, a constant shifting of junky materials and plastic-like skin as he plunked one foot in front of the other. Sometimes things went squelch, sometimes squish, sometimes clatter, sometimes rattle. His outer skin was tight, so he didn’t drop bits of himself like he used to as a Trubbish. That was good, as otherwise he wouldn’t have the job he had now.

“So disgusting,” the first woman said. “They should stay… eep!”

Although she was rude, the Garbodor turned to see what had startled her (it might have been dangerous, after all). It turned out to only be a Zigzagoon, perking her ears up and standing up on her hind legs. “Ooo, shiny shiny shiny!” she said, excitedly paying attention to the woman’s silver sequin purse.

A double-click sounded, getting the Zigzagoon to drop down. “Hang on girl,” a park ranger said, walking over to them. “You’re only after things on the ground.”

“But it’s soooo shiny…” the Zigzagoon whined, then reluctantly turned back to searching along the ground.

“Sorry about that,” the ranger said, nodding to the two visitors. “I’m still training her.”

Smiling and making a squelchy greeting, the Garbodor raised his left had and waved to the ranger; his right arm was his attack arm, so waving that would be an offensive gesture. “Good afternoon!”

“I don’t mind the Zigzagoon,” one of the visitors said, “but could you get rid of this walking heap of trash?”

The ranger didn’t understand him, like any human, but she still waved back to him. “Oh, he’s fine where he is,” she said. “He’s one of mine too; he helps with park cleanup.”

“There!” the Zigzagoon barked and dashed off towards the plastic bag. “Found something!” She picked it up and brought it over to the Garbodor. “Here!”

“Thanks,” he said, taking it to eat. Plastic bags were kind of like chewing gum, in his opinion. They could last a long time.

“Cleanup?” one of the visitors asked, surprised. “But he’s one of the most unsightly Pokemon I’ve ever seen.”

“Yes, and he smells like, pardon my language, crap,” the other added.

“Oo, shiny!” the Zigzagoon said, and dashed off after what turned out to be a soda can.

The rangers just smiled at the complaint of her Pokemon’s smell. “Oh, someone probably hasn’t been cleaning up after walking their Pokemon here. It’s gotten to be real bad, even after we upped the fees for that offense. But he cleans it all up on our daily walks. Now if people would clean up and not litter, our walks would be a lot shorter.”

In fact, as more and more people learned of the ranger’s walks with her Garbodor, there was less and less trash left behind to pick up.

Zigzagoon HG/SS entry: It gets interested in everything, which is why it zigs and zags. It is good at finding items.

Garbodor White entry: They absorb garbage and make it part of their bodies. They shoot a poisonous liquid from their right-hand fingertips.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Pretty good. I liked the overall theme of it all. Clean up after your pets.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

I liked it, very cute.
    Garbodor is awesome, haha.

liked this one its too bad that woman was sorta afraid of the garbador :/
    and it has a good moral too! DONT LITTER! OR ELSE WE'LL GET CAPTAIN PLANET ON YOU!
    and whoooo! the one i requested is next!
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

Uhh, hey.

I've always wanted to post a review for this, but I never got the time. Well, now I do, but then I saw that there were like hundreds of one-shots already so it would take me quite a while to review them all. XD

So I began with the ones with my favorites, and, well, here:

Mudkip + Diglett

A cute story. The duel between Azure and Little Demon was described well; it was really fun to read. I especially like how Little Demon touched on how urbanization destroys nature, which is a really fun topic to expound on in Pokemon fics IMO.

My only comment is how Azure seemed really monotonous all throughout. I don't know if you meant it to be this way seeing as she's trained, but I guess I wanted a bit more emotion out of her. There was a burst of excitement right at the end, but that was expected seeing as it was the climax of their little duel. Again, if you meant it to be that way, then you did a good job, but it felt really odd seeing as Little Demon was really spunky in contrast.

Jirachi + Ledian

I like the setting here. Dystopias in general are very fun to work with, too, though my problem with them is that they have fairly predictable plots. I saw a bit of "The Giver" here, actually. XD

I like how you used Jirachi's wish-granting powers here, and I'm all for the two-sided ending, too, so yeah. Good piece.

I feel that the scene with the mechanical hunter a bit confusing, though. When compared to the battle scene in the previous one-shot, this one felt like it was harder to follow. Although I got a general idea, it could've presented it clearer.

Whismur

I found the story unfinished. I was waiting for something more, I guess, but I appreciate that what was brought to light about Whismur was its silence rather than its loudness, and I guess that silence paralleled to how relatively silent the one-shot was compared to the two above.

And the thought of a sound-based Pokemon in a library is just amusing. XD [But a Pokemon database in a library is a dream-come-true for me hahaha]

Nidoran M + Nidoran F + Persian

Woohoo, Giovanni! Using the two Nidoran for a sort-of backstory on him was a really clever idea, and I enjoyed it. I like how you setup the future mafia badass that Giovanni was going to be, and how his Pokemon were already spunky from the start. The use of the Silph guy was cool, too, and giving him a Persian was a really nice detail knowing [anime] Giovanni.

Overall a really creative and well thought-out piece - my favorite of this bunch. =)

Misdreavus + Weedle

Funny, quirky story. The Misdreavus was a really interesting character - the most interesting Pokemon out of the five I read - and the story as a whole was pretty tame. I liked the use of the Safari Zone mechanics, though, and it was pretty funny seeing the Misdreavus being scared of HULK SMASH! guy.

I wanted a more powerful ending, though. I guess it's a result of the whole story not really being a stand-out or having that "woah" feeling, so I wanted to get that out of the ending. But, it felt really generic, so it didn't really leave me wanting more.

Overall, though, this is a really nice anthology you got here. Here's to more awesome one-shots! [And hopefully I'll be able to review more of 'em as they come by. Haha.]

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Hi Dramatic Melody! Glad you could stop by. According to FF net, this has 233 stories (234 now...), so yeah, it would take a while to review them all. I think one reviewer has managed fifty or sixty. I do consider these more as writing exercises than fully polished stories, but I give my best effort for the short time I work on them. It is a fun project and it's looking like I can accomplish every single Pokemon now.

November prep is going okay; ClicheStorm distracted me for a while, though, as I hope it will get at least one update next month too.

Next: Halloween special
    On Deck: Sawsbuck/Zebstrika, Hydreigon/Stunfisk, Rayquaza, Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Vespiqueen, Serperior/Emboar

Sandile and Yamask

The Sandile lurked through the desert. He was quite good at it, swimming his way in the looser sands with only his eyes and nostrils emerging into the air. A film coated his eyes, both blending them into the sand and protecting them from the constant sandstorm. With these adaptations, his kind was able to thrive in any desert. This one in particular was great, as the winds shifted the sands often, fooling those who didn’t know how to spot a swimming Sandile’s wake.

Normally, he stuck to his territory to hunt Dwebbles and young Maracti. It was a good spot, with a large area of loose sand and slumbering Darmantian statues watching over him. And being by those statues, humans often came by. The Sandile often challenged them, hoping to impress one enough that he’d be captured. While it hadn’t happened yet, he still kept trying.

Today, there was singing coming from below ground. A human voice.

It was faint, but he heard it through the sand. Closing his eyes and nostrils, he dove into the sand towards the voice. He hadn’t heard humans below yet, but they were capable of many strange things. But while he heard the voice more clearly, the Sandile found a rock layer that prevented him from reaching the person.

Swimming back up, he recalled seeing stairs near the Darmantians. He’d never gone down them, as they were just outside of the grounds he defended. But if there was a human down there, it might be worth checking out. The Sandile emerged fully from the sand and walked up the sand dune. The sleeping Darmantians stayed still, as they always did.

The stairs weren’t hard to get down, and he got a good look over the room he was descending into. In disappointment, he noticed that he couldn’t see the human yet. The singing was still there, though. It seemed to be coming from a black Pokémon that was in the middle of the room, floating above a sinking sandpit. She held a gold mask in her tail, which did look human enough to match the voice.

Now that he was down here, the Sandile decided to check things out. The floor was made of loose sand, but he opted to walk across it instead of swimming in it. On the walls, there were strange markings. Human made? That was possible. The smooth square stones in the wall were definitely human made.

The singing stopped as the black Pokémon noticed him. “Oh, I have an audience,” she said, shifting her mask to partly cover her face. “Welcome, Sandile. I am Liliana the Yamask. Do you have a name?”

The Sandile looked up at her. Was she edible? She didn’t have needles like older Maracti, but the fact that she was floating made it harder to reach her.

Liliana lowered her mask. “Oh right, you won’t have the proper intelligence yet to speak. And humans won’t be able to understand me.” She sighed, sounding for a moment like she was sobbing. “It’s so lonely down here. I thought being reborn as a Pokémon would be wonderful.”

While he heard her sadness, the Sandile was wondering more what she would taste like then why she might be sad. He stepped towards her slowly, watchful. He could spring into attack quickly, but the Yamask needed to be in range.

She kept talking. “I used to sing every day; the festivals were especially wonderful. I met the love of my life at a festival. But, I also met… him.” She tensed at the thought, then came down lower, towards him. But, towards his side, where he couldn’t attack as well. “You should leave this place, Sandile. I cannot do so now, but I plan to. He got turned into a Yamask too, and he’s just as cruel as he was in life. If they had really known him, they would have not buried him properly so that he wouldn’t have this second life.”

From somewhere past the wall, a male voice came to them. “Are you talking about me, little beauty?”

“Oh no,” Liliana said quietly. She looked around, then went up and dropped down into a sand pit.

Another Yamask then emerged from the wall. “You can’t keep running,” he said, flourishing his silver mask. Disappointingly, it was the same voice as before, not a human. He dropped into the sand pit too.

The Sandile looked at the pit. He could go back up to where he knew how to hunt prey, but those Pokémon had him curious. Dropping into the shallow sand, he swam into the pit and dove down when he found a hole.

Moments later, he was falling. The Sandile tensed in panic, but he was soon back on good sand. Looking around, he saw the two Yamasks in the room, floating out of reach again. The female held her gold mask close but shakily. “You already killed me once,” she said. “Just leave me alone.”

“Why should I?” he asked. “It’s quite a coincidence that we were reborn in the same time, right? But still, you are just hatched and I rule over the other ghosts of these ruins. You should come by my side.” He grabbed her hand tight, yanking her closer. “Be one of my pretty slaves and I’ll teach you how things work in this life. You really can’t survive on your own.”

“I c-could find other,” she looked down and saw him, “other Pokémon. I don’t have to stay with you.”

“Can you?” The silver masked Yamask turned around and saw him. He chuckled. “What, so a wild Sandile followed you down? Do you really think he could help you?”

“Um,” Liliana said, not sure how to respond. The Sandile stepped closer to them.

“This one is just a dumb Pokémon,” the male Yamask said, coming closer to him. “He won’t recognize you from day to day, he won’t understand your words, he won’t be able to appreciate you… he certainly won’t be able to teach you. We were once humans, so we are far superior to them. Look, I can chase the dumb beast away just like…” SNAP.

The Sandile dropped back down on the sandy floor, the male Yamask firmly in his jaws. In that attack, he had shattered that silver mask; whether it was that or being crushed, he was dead. But his body didn’t seem too substantial. Before long, it was like he had only eaten the mask and had some water, not a whole Pokémon.

Liliana’s eyes went wide and she floated upwards. “Oh, de-dear…”

“Young lady?” Another female Yamask emerged from the wall. “That one won’t be intelligent until he evolves. Until then, he’s a predator by instinct. Leave him be.”

“I, I see.” She left through the wall with the other Yamask.

Coming down here hadn’t been too fruitful, the Sandile considered in his simple ways. Those Pokémon didn’t make for good meals. He slipped into the sands and began swimming along, searching for the way out.

Sandile White entry: It moves along below the sand’s surface, except for its nose and eyes. A dark membrane shields its eyes from the sun.

Yamask White entry: These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its past life.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

^ Ooh, that's a good one. I love how you portrayed the Sandile's simple mind throughout the chapter. The Garbodor and Zigzagoon one was pretty good too. I can understand how someone who takes so much verbal abuse would eventually become indifferent, though it would have made an interesting story as well if Garbodor reacted to the abuse.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 28th October 2011 at 1:01 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

I'm with Gelatino. I love Sandile's one track mind. It's want I imagined unintelligent Pokemon to think about, just getting food. I suppose that was the point.

And I enjoyed the Yamask. I've always wondered about life after death, it's very interesting. I enjoyed the back story the Yamask had. But the best part was when the mean Yamask died. Just SNAP and it was gone. Classic.

Of the last few I read, the Volcarona one was my favourite; shorter but still contained the same sublime elements as all the others.

I've also been over the other three Halloween stories:

• 2008 - Rotom
    • 2009 - Houndoom
    • 2010 - Misdreavus/Weedle

I don't doubt you'll give something of such good quality this year.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 30th October 2011 at 5:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I liked the Sandile/Yamask story, though I personally don't think Sandile would be so simple-minded. In the anime, for instance, a group of Sandile actually made an effort to evacuate a spa before a bunch of geysers blew and flooded the place with boiling water. I kinda liked how the Shiny Yamask died, though.

Also liked the Garbodor story. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the environmentally friendly potential in Garbodor's preferred diet of garbage.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Just read Meloetta. It was probably my favorite story so far; really gave me insight on a pokemon that we know so little about.

I have a big announcement: POS is now listed on TVTropes! I made a page and put a few tropes for it, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys would help fill it out. Even just little bits at a time or making it nicer looking would work. I put it there mostly to see if the page would get massive, haha.

And happy Halloween! This entry is pushing my ratings limit, though. I'd say that this particular one is likely PG-13.

Next: Sawsbuck/Zebstrika
    On Deck: Hydreigon/Stunfisk, Rayquaza, Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Vespiqueen, Serperior/Emboar

Hypno

“Dude, your Pokémon is dangerous.” The teenaged boy was serious. “You’re gonna end up dead someday because of it.”

The Pokémon in question was sitting on a set of stairs nearby. Her ears flicked, the only sign that she might have been listening. In one hand, she held onto a pendulum, a stone disc with a circle in the center for a thin cord. She was polishing it, rubbing a small cloth around the surface over and over and over again. If left to do as she wanted, she usually went right for polishing.

“I’ve heard that when kidnappers die, the really sick sort, they reincarnate as a Hypno,” the boy went on. “Someday, it’s going to lure you out into the woods and you’ll never be heard from again.”

“You’re just jealous because I caught an evolved Pokémon now and you don’t have any,” the other teen boy said. “Pokémon don’t ever hurt their Trainers; that’s only in those dumb old stories grannies tell to scare little kids into behaving. She’s going to help me build a powerful team.”

“Most Pokémon won’t,” he admitted. “But just look at her! She acts weird, always polishing that rock, and she looks so creepy. That one’s going to be trouble.”

The Hypno twitched her ears again. True, humans often found her kind unsettling. They looked almost like humans: same body shape, same height, same kind of eyes, almost same face. But they had a yellow skin tone and grew white hair on their necks and shoulders, not on top of the head. She heard that she came off as creepier still, since she wore a dark red cloak with long sleeves and a hood. The hood was down now, but when she wore it up, people often approached her thinking she was human until they got a good look at the large nose on her face. That had caused more than one to yelp in shock.

The reaction was nice, though. As was the argument she was eavesdropping on. The Hypno looked over her pendulum, rubbed it on her cloak, then turned it over and began work on the other side.

“She’s probably killed her last Trainer, cause you caught her wearing that cloak,” the other boy said.

The Hypno’s Trainer shook his head. “That’s ridiculous. At worst, she stole it from somebody. I can’t find a name on it, so it’s fine. And before you ask, no, there wasn’t any blood on it.”

“Just cause she killed somebody doesn’t mean that there will be blood,” the other boy pointed out.

“I’m not arguing with you about this anymore. Come on, Hypno.” He stormed off down the street. Nodding once, the Hypno got off the steps and walked after him.

“You’re gonna regret not listening to me!” the other boy called out.

“He’d believe any crazy story people have told him,” the Trainer muttered.

The Hypno twitched her ears, but kept walking silently by him. Her fingers still fiddled with the pendulum and the polishing cloth.

-+-

About a week later, the Hypno and her Trainer were walking through a forest, along a route that led to the nearest town. The Pokémon wore her hood up today, as bright sunlight filtered through the trees. She held her pendulum out in front of her, letting it sway a little. When the sunbeams hit it, it gleamed save for a few spots. Frowning, she rubbed over the dull spots again.

“Where’s all the Pokémon today?” the teen asked, slowing his pace to look around. “Normally this route is filled with Pokémon ready to fight.” He kicked at some of the tall grass, making a loud rustle but not getting a response. “It would take my dad the whole afternoon just to get through, but at this rate we’ll be there in less than an hour.”

The Hypno glanced around, but knew she wouldn’t see anything. Her mind couldn’t feel anyone nearby. For her, that was usual. At her birthplace, other Pokémon had challenged her to fights but then the rumors began. They all avoided her. That made it tricky to search out dream energy for food, so she moved on. But no matter where she went, she eventually got that reputation once again.

Wait… there was someone approaching them. Holding onto the stone, she stopped and looked off the path. The Trainer stopped soon after. “What is it, Hypno?”

There was a rustle of dry leaves, then another Hypno emerged from the woods. “What are you up to now?” he demanded to know. His pendulum swung jerkily in his hand as he pointed a hand at her. It sparkled so nicely that she frowned in jealousy. “Are you off to take advantage of this one too, you monster?”

“You’re a bore,” she said dismissively. “Leave us be.”

“Another Hypno?” the Trainer asked, not knowing what they were talking about. “I guess it’s lucky, but I dunno if it’s good or bad.”

“You’re in danger,” the male Hypno insisted, trying to telepath his concerns. “Her sins show in the dullness of her stone. Let her go.”

Irritated, she swiped her hand out and made a motion of crushing something tough. The other Hypno was lifted up by telekinesis and choked. But before he died, she tossed him back into the woods. Hearing him slam into the tree, she sniffed and walked on down the road.

Her Trainer was soon walking with her. “Yeesh, what kind of move was that? I don’t recognize it, but it was sure strong.”

“Not standard,” she mumbled. Pokémon like that were why she was with this boy, after all. It was time to move on. Swinging her pendulum through the air, she saw the unevenness and went back to polishing it to perfection.

-+-

It was a cool night, one that made her appreciate her cloak. The Hypno had the hood up, keeping the wind from nipping at her ears. Flicking the stone, she sent her pendulum in motion. The firelight reflected off it, showing off a smooth gleam. It could be better, she thought. But for a minute, it was not rough. Good.

Nearby, her Trainer was tending to the fire, clearing a spot to put another log piece in. “Geez, it’s hot close to the fire and cold once you take a few steps away. I’m going to have to get better clothes at the next town.” He dropped the firewood in and moved back to a cushion he’d placed on the ground. “At least we’re finally seeing Pokémon again. I was getting worried. But I guess I need to teach you something weaker to capture… hmm?”

She watched her pendulum, smoothing out its swing with her mind. Then she looked up to her Trainer. He was watching the stone. A couple of times, he looked away to do something else. But he kept looking back to the steady swing and gleam of the stone ring. She waited until his breathing started to slow and then cast Hypnosis over him. He closed his eyes and lowered his head, but remained seated.

“Come here,” she said quietly, catching the stone in her hand and keeping it there.

He got up and came to sit by her. Since her spot was further from the fire, the boy started shivering. All it took was a mental suggestion that he was warm to get him to stop that. Adjusting her hood, she smiled at that. The Hypno reached over and touched the boy’s forehead, putting his mind to a state of sleep where he could dream. Then she was able to take the dreams from his mind to eat them and gain power.

Although he had nice dreams, those were never enough. Any Hypno could survive on one dream for a day, but one never got powerful that way. Feeling that the dream was running thin, she placed her other hand on his shoulder and mentally reached deeper into his mind, going right for his memories.

His body tensed as his mind realized that something wasn’t right. Every creature in the world had some mental power, although most used it merely for a last line of defense. But he was asleep and unable to react in time. She crushed those defenses and fully grasped his mind.

As the fire began to die, the boy collapsed into her lap. The Hypno smiled and stroked his hair. But then, she caught a glimpse of her pendulum. It was rough and dull once again.

Growling, she retrieved her polishing cloth and went back to work on it. Why did it keep doing that? The other Hypnos said it was because she went too far. That simply couldn’t be. Maybe she hadn’t polished it enough yet.

She got so absorbed in that that she didn’t notice when someone came upon the campsite and saw her with her former Trainer dead in her lap.

Hypno Emerald entry: The arching movement and glitter of the pendulum in a Hypno’s hand lull the foe into deep hypnosis. While searching for prey, it polishes the pendulum.

Well, at least it wasn't about Hypno hypnotizing and kidnapping children...

See, stories like this are the reasons why I prefer Musharna over Hypno. <_<

That was definitely creepy, perfect for Halloween. I'm glad to see you didn't go the way most people go, with the kidnapping kids stuff.

brrrrrr, that was creepy! perfect halloween chapter! im glad you didnt make hypno a kidnapper.
    oh boy! he one i requested is next! yayayayay!
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

Holy crap. The Hypno story was amazing and scary, yet it managed to maintain the style of other entries. Great for Halloween.

I find it odd, the comments about the kidnapping. But that would be the easier path, I guess.

Well I promised updates in November, and I'm keeping with that! I think this is the weakest one of the set; I had two ideas and they both seemed rather small. Surprisingly, this wasn't an easy pair to put together.

Next: Hydreigon/Stunfisk
    On Deck: Rayquaza, Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Vespiqueen, Serperior/Emboar

Sawsbuck and Zebstrika

An old man and his grandson were standing near a wooden fence, watching a herd of Sawsbuck graze in a nearby pasture. While the fence was old, it was smooth white with fresh paint; bright red ropes had been tied around the posts. They had the brushes cleaned, but white paint was still spotted all over the pair’s rough clothes.

The boy rolled his eyes. “Aw, come on Grandpa, everybody knows that. Even little kids know that the Sawsbuck horns change every season.”

“There’s less obvious things to tell too,” the old man said. He pointed out one of the herd. “See that one there?”

The one in question was reaching up to take some leaves of a low hanging tree branch. His coat was deep brown with white spots along the back, and his horns had filled out nicely with green leaves. On the tip of one horn, a pink flower from spring remained. It shook noticeably, as if it weren’t hanging on by much. “Yeah, what about ‘im?” the boy asked.

“He’s going to lose the last flower of his spring form soon. When you see Sawsbuck horns like that, people say that you’d best have your fences painted and bright.”

That puzzled the boy. “Why’s that?”

Unexpectedly, two thundering booms came from the road. The boy jumped; the sky was clear, so there shouldn’t have been lightning. The Sawsbuck heard tensed, with a few younger ones starting to bold. After a moment, they calmed back down and went back to grazing. The old man just adjusted his hat.

“Because that’s the time when the Zebstrika begin racing,” he answered.

The booms repeated themselves a few minutes later.

-+-

Their hooves beat down on the asphalt road, sending sparks flying. Static built up and formed a windbreak before them, causing it to be easier to run the faster they were going. And this path that the humans had built for their vehicles? It worked wonderfully for the Zebstrika, as they had a continuous flat surface to run on.

A car appeared in their path, so the Zebstrika leapt right over it. The human inside panicked and honked the horn. Hearing it squeal behind them, the two Pokémon laughed. Served them right! They shouldn’t get in the way of a race.

After that wide curve, the two Zebstrika finally slowed. They stopped in a field and trotted to where they had started. Partway across, they found a Sawsbuck who was nervously pacing. “You two run so fast,” he said. “I can’t race you like that.”

“That’s too bad,” one of them said. “So then, you have to keep up your end of the bet.”

Skittishly, the Sawsbuck moved back with tall steps. “But, um, what if I can’t? The herd always moves in the same route from season to season. It might be bad luck to go somewhere out of season.”

“What, you worried about getting your pretty little bushes caught up in a tree?” the female Zebstrika teased, going over and nipping at his horns. The Sawsbuck leaned out of her reach.

“You did agree to the last loser having to do whatever the first winner said,” the male Zebstrika reminded him. “And I got back to the field first.”

“I didn’t know you could run that fast,” he said, still nervous.

“Well?”

The Sawsbuck stopped and held his head up. “All right. You won, so what do you want me to do?”

“Let me see.” The male Zebstrika paced around the Sawsbuck, who watched him. The female Zebstrika snorted and shook sparks out of her mane. Then, he approached the Sawsbuck, nose to nose. “You go back to your herd.”

Confused, the Sawsbucvk lowered his head a little. “Go back?”

The Zebstrika stepped away nonchalantly. “Well you did wait here when you figured out that you couldn’t win. You could’ve run off, but you acted honorably. But next time you decide to go bragging to Pokemon outside your herd, make sure you know who you’re talking to and don’t make stupid statements.”

“Ah, okay,” he said meekly. “Thank you.” Then he hurried off across the field.

The female Zebstrika watched him go. “He is pretty fast, for a Sawsbuck.”

“Not enough to compare with us,” he replied, proudly holding his head high.

“So were you being nice to him there, or being mean?”

“Why can’t I be both?” He whinnied in amusement, then pawed at the ground. “Sun’s going down. Want a true race before it gets dark?”

She playfully nipped at him. “Oh, you are on, mister!”

And they both raced off for the human road again.

Black entry: They migrate according to the seasons. People can tell the season by looking at Sawsbuck’s horns.

Black entry: They have lightning like movements. When Zebstrika run at full speed, the sound of thunder reverberates.

Not bad. I still can't see why the picket fence has to be white. For the race? But it was a nice entry.

yes i liked that one, definately worth the wait!

I have a request. Can you do a solosis and Zoroark? Zoroark is my fav pokemon. Uhhhh... Good job with the hypno one? That really creeped me out. DO NOT ADD ME TO THE PM LIST!!! AND REMOVE ME FROM CLICHE STORM!!! Sorry about caps.

Uhhhh, didn't read the zebstrika one yet. Wow dead trainer. *mumbles about evil hypno taking over the world and killing everyone with their mind powers* Oh and I think I'm the first to notice the relevence on hypno to the Inheritence cycle.
    "If we are unwilling to see the dark, we cannot see the light." -John Cowan

White Name: White
    White FC: 1592-4560-2621

@spriter's friend: Okay, gotcha. And you might be the first to recognize relevance to the Inheritance cycle; I didn't even know about that!

@floracat: It has to be white for visibility. That way, the Zebstrika don't go crashing through it while racing.

I like this particular pair request. One is popularly seen as one of the most badass Unova Pokemon, while the other seems to be a favorite of trolls. Haha! You can also tell I wrote it around Halloween.

Next: Rayquaza
    On Deck: Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Vespiqueen, Serperior/Emboar, Solosis/Zoroark

Hydreigon and Stunfisk

A loud roar filled the air. Pokémon scattered, trying to get under shelter. Anything would do, so long as it hid them from above. Not long after, there came the dreadful beating of wings. Most wing beats caused no alarm, but this particular one, three strokes and quite heavy, was one to fear. It meant that Direclaw was here.

“Enemies,” the Hydreigon murmured, eyes sweeping along the streets. “Hiding away in cowardice, but I know you’re down there. You want to take my lands and power. But I’m too good for you; I won’t let you win.”

Out of the corner of one eye, he spotted movement below. Quickly, he used Flamethrower against it. No one was going to catch him off guard! When he paused in flight to see the results, he spotted a mass of burning fabric. It had been a Pokedoll of some kind, tipped over in the wind. Or maybe, it hid a weapon for assassinating him.

Below, a young Pokémon cried out, barely held back by its mother.

“That was a warning!” Direclaw shouted down at them. The crying stopped, at least audibly. “I am not so foolish as to be caught by such an obvious trap. When I find out who’s responsible, I will kill them personally!”

Satisfied, he flew on towards his castle, watchful the whole way. He landed in one of the high towers, glowering at the guards as they stood to attention nervously. He spared a hazy glance at the ground-level entrance; his vision wasn’t the greatest, but if there was any movement, he’d know it. ‘Someday,’ he thought, ‘I’m going to seal the ground-level entrances up entirely. I have no need for them and it would cut out a lot of the stupid assassins that try to enter.’

He went to the throne room and landed on his jeweled platform throne. As the guards came to attention, he called out, “Where’s Mudpuppy?”

A sputtering sound came from underneath his feet. “Down here, your terribleness.”

Flying to the side a bit, he saw the flat Stunfisk slide off the platform. He narrowed his eyes and growled, “And what were you doing on my throne?”

“Cleaning it for you, Great Direclaw,” Mudpuppy replied. “I may be the court jester, but I know a good appearance means a good show. I wasn’t going to do anything tricky; I swear it or my name isn’t Mud.” He sputtered again, amused at his own joke.

Direclaw grunted. “Well I know you won’t,” he said. “You couldn’t compare to me; I am the ultimate power and ruler of this land!”

“Of course, your horribleness,” he said meekly. “I am mud underneath your feet, while you terrorize everyone around you into obedience and loyalty. We haven’t had a peace like this in centuries.”

“And they’d better know it’s thanks to me,” the Hydreigon said. “But there’s enemies about. Do you know who the worst ones are?”

“Who’s that…?”

“Sire!” A Dodrio came running into the room, “Sire, I have an urgent…”

“SILENCE!” the tyrant demanded, causing the Dodrio to scramble to a stop to drop down and bow all three heads to the floor. “I will determine what is urgent and what isn’t! I’m the ruler of this land.”

“Yes, yes, of course, your majesty,” the Dodrio said, trembling.

Direclaw saw movement and tensed, but realized it was just Mudpuppy scuttling over to the unfortunate messenger. “Hey there, six eyes. Say, do you know why the Dodrio crossed the road?”

He seemed puzzled, “Er, well…”

“ANSWER THE QUESTION!” Direclaw shouted.

Somehow stumbling while he was on the floor, the Dodrio said, “Um, er, no, why did the Dudrio cross the road?”

Mudpuppy crackled and sputtered; when he started sparking, he was surely giving that stupid-looking grin of his. “Because he was a spy and Direclaw punted his dead body across the road.”

“Are you a spy?” the Hydreigon said, not letting up in his demands.

“Nononono, no sire,” he said, breathing rapidly now. His fear grew stronger, a scent that Direclaw loved. “Eh-heh-heh-heh… that was a good joke, though, heh-heh,” He sounded nervous.

“It’s good because I’d do it,” the Hydreigon said, lifting his primary head up high. His other two heads were oddly still.

“Now what was the message you had for the holy terror, our gracious and ominous Lord Direclaw?” Mudpuppy said, traveling back close to the throne platform.

The Dudrio remained, for lack of a better word, kneeling. “There’s been an outbreak of disease in the northern towns, sire. I’ve been sent to look for assistance; Pokémon are dying up there.”

“Are you infected?” Direclaw said sharply, snapping his claws off each other.

“N-no sire, I’m healthy. But it could spread down here if we don’t…”

The Hydreigon roared. “I’ll decide what to do!” he said at the end of it. “I’m the ruler; no one else makes decisions. Now go.”

“B-but there was more…”

“GO!”

Scrambling back to his feet, the Dodrio rushed out of the throne room.

“That is ominous news, your awfulness,” Mudpuppy said. “It must be your enemies, trying to weaken your lands to invade.”

Growling softly, he nodded with his primary head. “Yes, that would be exactly what They would do. But, you know who are my worst enemies?”

“No sire,” the jester said. “Who would that be?”

“My own two hands,” Direclaw said, raising his quiet head-hands. Normally they were snuffling and trying to gnaw something. Sometimes they even said something. Not now.

“That would be especially devious, my lord,” Mudpuppy agreed. If Direclaw could see better, he might have seen the twinkle in the Stunfisk’s eyes, and the grin on his face.

“I’ve put them to sleep so that we could discuss this.” He put his hands down again. “They’re plotting against me, working together to overthrow my mind. But they’re idiots! They’ll battle each other to see which would be in control and eventually destroy us-me.”

“They might even be devious enough to cause the sickness in the northern villages,” Mudpuppy said. “Of course, I’m a fool; I wouldn’t know how to devious my way out of a paper sack.”

“They would have done such a thing!” He scowled at his left head-hand, then nodded to Mudpuppy. “You may be a fool by trade, but you are wise enough to agree with me. That’s why you’re the only advisor I trust. But you cannot let anyone else know that; they’ll take advantage of you.”

“I’ll leave all the thinking to you, my lord,” Mudpuppy said, while planning out his words to get to the agenda that he wanted passed into law.

Hydreigon Black entry: This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering an attack.

Stunfisk Black entry: Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Very good! I like how you took two completely opposite Pokemon and made it work. But the best was Hydreigon's worry over itself. The paranoia he has is just too great!

Something I've been meaning to mention for yonks, but the Golem guest entry by shiningsloth13 is not linked to as the others are:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...&postcount=896

That's the link. ^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Hah! My fav Pokemon was a great character. I love how you made it like the tyrant kings of Old and Stunfisk as the advisor that would overthrow the king.

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast