Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Woohoo! My request was done. And this bit: While he never blinked his large blue eyes, he made extra sure to keep the kids under his watch. This didn't seem right. Maybe you should replace 'While' with a 'Since'. I love the story by the way and the Wigglytuff in the story was actually just like the one I use for roleplaying. Same for the Duskull as well all though a little bit different. Sigh... Those kids. If I was Wigglytuff, I would've gave them a good spanking.
    And here's two request for you to work on:

Cloyster/Crawdaunt. Seaking/Remoraid.
    "Awesomeness is a trait gained not genetically, but through hard work and effort ."
    -Kuriboh361

That one sentence got to me too, but I couldn't figure out how to rework it quickly. Some other entries for Wigglytuff mentions that it never shuts its eyes. See the PMD2 Wigglytuff for proof of concept.

Also, I don't care if you have two requests, just so long as I have a few on hand. It just might take me a while to get around to doing those stories, especially with the November craziness a few hours away.

So, here's (another) Halloween story from me! I love this holiday. Occult meets costumes meets candy meets pranks... yay!

In Process: Charizard/Swablu
    On Deck: Cloyster/Crawdaunt, Seaking/Remoraid

HOUNDOOM

Houndoom sniffed around; the sharp odor of disinfectant cleaners threatened to overwhelm his nose. Even the humans sitting or pacing around the room smelled overly clean. Although he didn’t like it, he knew it was for the best. Hospitals were supposed to be very clean. Over the days, he had learned to ignore it.

Today, there was a scent that tugged at his heart. A boy smell, one of muddy puddles and crushed grass. It belonged to a pair of shoes, which were worn by a preteen boy sitting on one of the chairs in this waiting room. Slumped into a defensive heap, he emitted a scent of being deeply worried and upset, but also being irritated with the others who were waiting with him. There was a sense that he might cry, but not around those around him.

Feeling sympathy for the boy, Houndoom walked over quietly and nosed his hand. The hand jerked away in surprise, but on seeing that it was a Pokemon, the boy half-smiled and scratched Houndoom’s head. The canine Pokemon gave him a warm look, suggesting that he knew how he felt and was here to give him some company.

“You oughtn’t get too friendly with that one,” an old woman sitting next to the boy said. Her voice was cold and strict. “That one is the servant of death.”

The boy tensed up; it seemed this woman was the reason he was being defensive. “That’s just an old fairy tale, granny,” he countered, but without much enthusiasm for argument. “It’s just a Pokemon.”

“They aren’t as innocent as you kids think they are,” she went on. “The howl of a Houndoom is a prelude to someone’s death. It is proven in the devilish shape of its horns and the bones which grow out of its skin. It shouldn’t be in a hospital; shoo, you creature of darkness.”

Houndoom whined softly, then looked to the boy. Yes, his bone white horns coiled around to give him a fierce look and he had bone plates growing along his back. But his looks didn’t matter. Many people who knew better said that about him.

“Oh, this one’s not so bad,” a nurse said, pausing to pat Houndoom’s back. “He’s sweet in nature and very well-behaved. He likes to visit patients and visitors, to cheer them up.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that he’s an evil creature from the start,” the old woman responded, not in a mood to hear any reasonable explanation.

Ignoring her, the boy asked, “What’s he doing here?”

“It’s a sad story,” she replied, “but his Trainer got into an accident and died here a few weeks ago. The family released all of his Pokemon, but this one found his way back here and has been hanging around the hospital ever since. We’re not sure if he’s waiting for his Trainer to return or what, but as he’s done no harm, we see no reason to kick him out.”

“You’ll have more dead patients for it,” the old woman grumbled.

“Please don’t hurt or tease him,” the nurse asked as one last effort to get some respect for the Pokemon. “We have a fair number of Pokemon on staff, and he’s become like one of them.”

“So he’s a good Pokemon,” the boy said.

Deciding to pretend he wasn’t there, the old woman picked up a magazine from the table and leafed through it. Houndoom let the boy pet him for a little while longer, then curled up by his feet to nap. As much as he wanted to pay attention to the patients and visitors, he knew that he had to keep his strength reserved for the nights.

-+-

Shortly before night fell, Houndoom got up. The boy and his family were gone. It was uncertain if their loved one had been moved out of the emergency room or if they were just gone for the night. Hoping for the best for them, Houndoom left the waiting area and went to the staff quarters.

Upon his return to the hospital, one of the Chansey that assisted the nurses showed him where the staff kitchen was. It was as clean as the rest of the building. The few cooks were in charge of patient and Pokemon meals. As he came in the same time every evening, the one he knew best was called Charlotte. Tonight, she was dressed in her scrub top that had various Jolly Roger flags printed all over it, along with skull and crossbones earrings.

She noticed him come in despite how quietly he walked. “Oh, hello dear Houndoom! Are you ready for some food?”

He looked up at her with glad eyes and a wagging tail.

Chuckling, Charlotte patted his head, then turned to get a bowl. “You’re such a quiet Pokemon, dear, I wouldn’t have guessed. Most people say that the canines are loud with their barks and yips, but you don’t ever raise your voice. Here you go.” She took the bowl over to an out of the way hall and placed it down for him. “Some stewed beef and gravy tonight. You’ve got to keep your strength up for fighting off all those creepy-crawlies and ghostie-woasties that might be hidden from human eyes.” She patted him, then went back to her work singing.

An odd one, but a good cook. Houndoom ate his meal, then thanked her by offering a paw for a shake. His Trainer had taught him how to do that. Although she cheerfully did so (after taking off her kitchen gloves), Charlotte had no idea how right she was.

Strange things came out at night that most humans didn’t notice. The obvious ones were the Ghost and Dark Pokemon, which used the darkness of night to play mischief. Beyond them, there were some creatures that could do a lot of harm. True ghosts, which sought to pull the living into their realm, were just one threat. There were spirits out there that were attracted to the pain and sorrow that every hospital had; these ones would seek to make things worse to satisfy their evil desires.

While the other Pokemon might notice these things, Houndoom knew that he would notice them first. His affinity with darkness allowed him to know such things, like the difference between a prankster Gastly and a truly menacing spirit. Every night, he went through the halls of the hospital, carefully looking for hidden signs before the spirits could grow into terrible problems. And there was one sign that he was expecting to see.

As he thought, that sign came.

It was past midnight and Houndoom was examining the emergency care area. At one moment, everything seemed fine. In the next moment, he caught the scent of death. It was a smell that crushed one’s heart and made one feel like everything, not just one soul, was lost. And it wasn’t something most beings, Pokemon or not, could sense. Despite how queasy and upset it made him feel, Houndoom followed the scent to a portal.

It was something even he could barely see, a swirling mass right up against the wall. The first time he had seen it had been when his Trainer had been here, on the brink of death. Ever since, he found it from time to time. Houndoom glanced around the hall. There was a Chansey waiting by a doorway. Once she went inside the room, Houndoom went inside the portal.

After several trips inside, the transfer didn’t bother him anymore. On the other side, there was a hallway similar to the hospital’s hallway. It had white floors, white walls, and clean hospital equipment. But there was also a dark violet mist that, while being fine enough to see through clearly, dimmed the lights into something eerie and unsettling. There was also a background noise of moans and cries, as if the patients’ pain were being amplified. And in that strange hallway, he met with Death.

It was a strange creature. Almost human, but no human could possibly live as it was. Standing over six feet tall, its true appearance was hidden by a shabby black cloak. It had no feet and its face was hidden in shadows, but a bony chin showed, as well as skeletal hands that came out of its sleeves. And by Death’s side, there was another Houndoom: same short black fur, same lean muscular form, same curling horns, same bony plates. Houndoom and his peer at Death’s side could have been brothers.

Death’s partner growled, recalling past battles the two Houndooms had fought. The living Pokemon braced himself, expecting another tough battle. Before it could start, the Death creature held up his hand to stop both of them. It turned partly to the left and beckoned something to come forward. A white light came out, then turned into one of the ghosts that Houndoom had been keeping away.

But this one was a young teenaged boy. He had ebony black hair and oak brown eyes. Wearing worn travel clothes, he looked like any other young traveling Trainer. But seeing him made Houndoom raise his ears and wag his tail. It was his Trainer; he even had that scent of dirt and grass that always clung to him even after spending days in a city.

“Houndoom,” he called out, in a mix of joy and sadness. “You can’t beat Death. You just can’t.”

Houndoom whined in worry. He should have been able to save his Trainer from anything. But that couldn’t happen. Since then, he had been trying to save someone from the thing that took his Trainer away. He hadn’t saved any of them. He came up to the ghost of his Trainer; the boy dropped down on his knees and hugged him.

“Can you still protect that hospital?” he asked as he let go, trying to hide his tears. “That’s good of you. Can you do that for me?”

The one he wanted to protect was this one, his Trainer. But that couldn’t be. The hospital, though… Houndoom brought his paw up for a shake, showing his agreement.

“Good.” The ghost boy held onto the paw in one hand and patted it with his other. “You’re a good Pokemon.”

D/P Houndoom entry: Long ago, people imagined its eerie howls to be the call of the grim reaper.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Nice doggie.
    3222 6165 5568

Dang you and your Bullet Punch!............................. - Akua
    I now know that Heatran is not a good Kyogre counter. - Gengar
    2 words; Get a Girlfriend...
    - zand gaia

That was incredibly sad, but so sweet. I love your portrayal of Houndoom. Great job!
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Ow... I haven't reviewed here since AGES!!!! (when I requested Scyther). Now, due to the appearance of the Houndoom story, I am back.

Your work with these short stories has been interesting, Ysavvryl, so I'm taking time next summer (that is, December for me) to skim backwards a couple hundred pages and read some of these short stories again. I'm bound to find something interesting.

I noticed the game Dex entries now appear after the stories. Was this done on purpose? It seems to enhance the rereading value of the stories, though, so nice idea.
    Solovino's Sig
    Writing what the Pokémon canon lacks since Jun 2010!

Fics» Sixth -- Playfield -- Cuasi Legendario (Spanish)

Research» Nidoran! and other Pokémon for PEFE
    — — ★ — —
    Banner by Hydro_King

nice story! poor houndoom, i feel so sorry for it. i liked how you showed what you think its like after death. its like an alternate universe. maybe its the reverse world?
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

I mourn for the spirit of that poor Houndoom's trainer and feel sad for the cute doggie too. I loved the ending despite it being sad. I love sad endings which is kinda weird...
    "Awesomeness is a trait gained not genetically, but through hard work and effort ."
    -Kuriboh361

Wigglytuff/Duskull:
    The troublemakers laughed at the quieter boy. “Don’t be stupid. It won’t do anything to us."
    Bolded quotation marks should be added.

“<They’re after Daddy? That’s not good.>” She rustled her black clock.
    I know for sure that you meant cloak XD

Do you know how happy this has made me, as a story featuring a Wigglytuff that has nothing to do whatsoever with PMD? It's so refreshing, after it's been stamped into my brain as a stereotype guildmaster! XD

Houndoom:
    It was a smell that crushed one’s heart and made one feel like everything, not just one soul, was lost.
    I LOVE this sentence. It's so eerily descriptive! Is the HGSS throwback intentional?

A white light came out, then turned into one of the ghosts that Houndoom had been keeping away.
    Er. Came out of what? A room? The wall?

This was really creepy. Yay! Houndoom are so awesome, and this one is no exception. Excellent job as usual ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

I haven't posted here in ages, so I dun want it seem like I forgot about these.

I love them ALL, though my favorites were the Rotom, Spiritomb, and Tangela/Tangrowth/Togekiss.

I know you're busy with NaNoWriMo (I have several friends who are entering), so I won't make any requests. However, I'd like to know if I could write a guest entry possibly? I had the best idea today for an Armaldo/Bastiodon epic.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

I swear, this story almost brought a tear to my eye. Good Job Yss.

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl
    So, this is approved.
    As you can see, this is Ysavvryl-approved. I hope you all enjoy!

Slowly, it emerged from the water. Seaweed dripped from it's body, and sal****er made it's nigh-impenetrable armor glisten. It's sharp claws gleamed in the sunlight, and it's eye-stalks swiveled to survey their new surroundings. It had emerged onto a beach of some sorts; white sands crunched beneath it's massive, two-toed feet, while the roaring surf of it's home crashed behind it. With a lumbering, clumsy step, Rock-Claw the Armaldo made his way into the dense jungle.

Rock-Claw had evolved the day before, and, as was customary with his kin, spent a night in vigil to honor his past form, and the souls of those who had gone before him. After his night of waiting, he was to make his way onto land to start the new life his species was destined for. A small group of Anorith - his younger siblings - gathered to bid him farewell, and with that, he departed. He would return to these waters one day, with a mate of his own, and they would lay their eggs. Their spawn would live in the reefs and shoals of it's ancestors, and they in turn would one day leave and return, with mates of their own. Such was the great Circle of Life, as taught by Armaldo to Anorith.

Rock-Claw hadn't expected the land to be so... well, dry for one thing. He had heard the tales, that it was like the ocean floor without water. He hadn't really believed them though. They were just stories to keep the spawns from venturing above. But apparently the fables were steeped in truth, and Rock-Claw found himself becoming thirsty. Lifting his armored head into the air, he sniffed the steamy air. He smelled water not far away. Where there was water, there would be drink. And where there was drink, there would be prey.

~~~~~~~

A small herd of Bastiodon lingered by a small stream. They had come here to drink water, and to allow the young Shieldons to play. One particular mother Bastiodon was keeping an eye on her newest hatchling. He'd been born only two weeks ago, and his face-plate wasn't quite solid yet. Silver-Maw kept her eyes trained on her young one, making sure he didn't hurt himself by ramming into trees or some such mischief. That kind of tomfoolery was for those silly Rampardos, not for a dignified Bastiodon, like the one her son would one day be.

Her child was sniffing around a fern when he looked up. Letting out a small cry, he hurried to his mother. Silver-Maw immediately made herself alert. Tucking her child behind her large face-plate, she called the other members of her herd, warning them of a possible danger. She didn’t know what her child had sensed, but she knew it was better to be safe then sorry.

~~~~~~~

Rock-Claw was near the source of the water-scent. He sniffed the air again, then picked up his pace. He ached to taste the flesh of a land creature. He wondered whether it would be soft, like a Tentacool, or hard like a Relicanth. Either way, his mouth watered at the prospect of such exotic cuisine. He was nearly on top of the water-scent now, and he slowed his pace. He lowered himself, his lobster-like body laying on the moist earth. He scuttled forward, using his claws to propel himself forward.

He thrust his head through the dense foliage, and looked about. Strange creatures were scattered about the shore before him. He had never seen a sea so small and thin, but he nevertheless knew that it was what had brought the odd creatures here. There around a dozen of them, each one with a massive wall of steel for a head. Behind these imposing mountains of metal however, was a yellow flank, which Rock-Claw predicted would be much softer. Several of the creatures’ young were scattered about the shoreline. One was nearing his position. He tensed his back legs, ready to pounce upon the creature with his powerful claws.

The young spawn stopped moving, and began to sniff the plant Rock-Claw had concealed himself behind. The Armaldo prepared to strike. He could just imagine his claws sinking into the beast’s warm, tender flesh. He could almost taste the meat, still hot and juicy. A harsh cry snapped him out of his reverie, and he realized it had come from the spawn. It quickly bolted away, and hid behind the head of one of the monsters, supposedly it’s mother. The mother made a loud booming sound, and all the other creatures responded with booms of their own. The spawn on the shoreline immediately made a small circle, and the adults surrounded them, their enormous metallic faces ahead. Rock-Claw hissed in annoyance, then emerged from the shrubbery.

~~~~~~~

Silver-Maw smelled the thing before she saw it. It was a large, blue lobster-like creature, with two vicious claws, and stalk-eyes that looked in two directions at once. It reeked of salt-water and rotted meat. The beast’s eyes locked onto the herd’s self-composed wall. It made a shrill screeching sound, then darted forward. It was surprisingly quick for it’s size, and easily covered the distance between itself and the herd. It showed no signs of stopping, and it charged headlong into a Bastiodon to Silver-Maw’s right.

There was a resounding clang, but the creature did not bounce off as most Pokemon would. It simply looked dazed. It shook it’s head, then screeched again. It brought it’s claws down into the Bastiodon’s eyes, and he roared in pain. The monster took this as an opportunity. It leaped onto the Bastiodon’s magnificent metal face, and started to scale it. When he realized what was happening, the Bastiodon furiously shook his head in an attempt to remove the thing.

The creature fell off and hit the ground with a thud, and it hissed as it got back to it's feet. It gave a venomous look to the herd before darting off into the overgrowth.

~~~~~~~

Rock-Claw’s head was still sore from the impact with that metallic monster. He rubbed his face with his claw, trying to rub the pain away. Suddenly, he stopped. His nostrils flared as he took in a new scent. It smelled of plant-life and meat. He took another breath. The scent was tangy yet rich, gamy yet sweet. his mouth began to water, and he made his way toward the new smell. He may have failed to taste metal-head flesh, but he had high hopes for this new prey.

Ysavvryl, your Houndoom story was great.

I mean I love how the Houndoom can see ghosts and spirits, and I also love how he found his trainer in the portal! It was so sweet and since the trainer could communicate with Houndoom, even though he had passed away, really made me want to cry in happiness.

That would be a rockin Houndoom to have as well
    Insert Cool FanFic Banner Here.
    Maybe I should start writing one of those...

Honestly, the hell if I know...

Nice story, Sloth. I especially like the names, giving it a prehistoric touch. I loved the curiosity of Rock-Claw. Nice job!
    -Kuriboh361

Quote Originally Posted by kuriboh361 View Post
    Nice story, Sloth. I especially like the names, giving it a prehistoric touch. I loved the curiosity of Rock-Claw. Nice job!
    Well, thank you! It took me... less then an hour to write, actually XD

I didn't actually try to make Rock-Claw a prehistoric Curious George, but he does seem to come off that way, doesn't he? Oh well.

Hmm....is Cradily on the menu next? o.O
    3222 6165 5568

Dang you and your Bullet Punch!............................. - Akua
    I now know that Heatran is not a good Kyogre counter. - Gengar
    2 words; Get a Girlfriend...
    - zand gaia

Argh... I was going to post something for the month of November, but missed it by a few hours! Anyhow, this is back! And it happens to have the first fossil entry.

I'm looking for an entry for Christmas, and probably the Winter Solstice too. last year, it was Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres for the former and Froslass for the latter. I am kind of saving a certain legendary for my 50&#37; mark, though.

@shining-sloth: Hey, sorry, I didn't get back to reply on that, but you know that I like that one!

@solovino: Yeah, that was a suggestion that I like, so it's staying that way.

@oooo: I'll add Cradily!

In Process: Cloyster/Crawdaunt
    On Deck: Seaking/Remoraid, Cradily

SWABLU, CHARIZARD, AND AERODACTYL

The winds were strong and steady, carrying him over the grasslands. Cutting through the earth was a wandering stream, searching for its way to the river. The ground below seemed like an ocean of green, with the plants being blown in steady waves by the restless air. While it made smaller Pokemon hide, he was quite fine with that. The only ones who would be out today were the strong ones, like himself. It meant that he would have a better chance at finding a good battle today.

With the winds stirring his flames, Charizard felt confident today. Like he could take on anybody and win. His record supported that feeling; ever since evolving, fewer and fewer Pokemon could match his abilities. When it came to the skies, he was the ruler of his home area. He still wished that someone around here would give him a good fight.

He caught sight of another flying Pokemon coming towards him. Charizard discounted it as a potential battle, though. It was a little blue bodied bird with fluffy white wings, like clouds. A Swablu wouldn’t be much of a match. He ignored it.

But that didn’t mean that Swablu would ignore him. “Hellooo!” he called, chirping lightly. “Isn’t the wind great today? Fast enough to be exciting, but not so fast that it makes it hard to fly.”

“It’s good enough,” Charizard replied indifferently.

Swablu shifted directions to fly alongside him. “Whatcha doing?”

“Nothing of concern to you,” he replied, hopefully gruff enough to send the little Pokemon away.

It wasn’t enough. “You want to race with me? I’m fast!”

“No.” He swished his tail, then sped up his flight.

To his merit, Swablu did keep up. “Do you want to play something else then? It’s a fun day, we ought to make it…” his prattle got cut short by a shriek.

Charizard turned his head to see a larger flying Pokemon had dove into Swablu. It was an unfamiliar Pokemon, stone gray with blue under its wings. It had a thick clawed beak, hooked talons, and a wing structure like a Golbat. From the look in its black eyes, it was a predator, trying to catch Swablu. While he didn’t care much for Swablu, the stranger seemed like a worthy foe.

So Charizard slowed a bit to let them get ahead, then snapped his jaws at the stranger’s legs. It let go of Swablu; the small Pokemon kept screaming and flew about in a panic. However, he was out of the way. “You!” He faced the stranger, his jaw aching as the stranger had tougher skin than expected. “This is my turf. You don’t fly here unless I give you permission.”

It screeched at him. “You’re picking the wrong fight,” it said, in a voice that seemed female. “I am descended from the kings of the sky. I am Aerodactyl, and you don’t stand a chance against me.”

“They couldn’t have been very effective kings,” he replied to her. “I’ve never heard of your kind. But everyone around here knows that I, Charizard, am the most powerful Pokemon in the sky here.”

“Well everyone where I came from knew that,” she retorted, her pride making her angry.

“Then go back to where you came from, or fight me to prove your worth.”

“Looks like we’re fighting then,” Aerodactyl said, then lunged ahead to snap at him with her hefty beak. “I came from a rock in a museum and I’m not going back.”

That made no sense whatsoever, so Charizard ignored it. He lashed out with his claw, concentrating energy like steel. As the air currents forced them to move apart to stay aloft, he looked to see what impact it had on her. It didn’t seem like much, though. And the predatory look in her eyes, judging if he’d make a good meal or not, was a little unnerving. He did his best to hide that unease as he circled around to get a clear shot. When he saw an opportunity when she might not turn away, he took a deep breath, then sent a plume of fire at her.

At her cry, he shouted over, “My fire breath can melt anything, and will burn you to a crisp.”

Then she laughed. “Not likely,” she sneered, then turned and rushed at him. A gray glow appeared around her body. On seeing that, he expected her to ram him, but no. Rocks materialized in her wake, then crashed into him when she passed over his path.

The pain was horrible. Most of his body was covered in tough scales too, but his wings weren’t. They had to be flexible so he could fly. Gritting his teeth so that he didn’t scream, Charizard crashed toward the ground by the winding stream. He tried to catch some air to soften his landing, but he still skidded several feet.

Aerodactyl made a primal cry in the air. “You don’t know true royalty when you see it!” she called out, then circled up into an updraft.

Well he’d found his new rival, Charizard considered with a scowl. He didn’t think he could lose so badly anymore, though. After checking over his injured wings, he settled down to rest and recover.

-+-

She had indeed come from a rock in a museum. Humans had brought her to life from a stone. Although she knew that, Aerodactyl couldn’t explain it any more than that. What she could explain, though, was that she was not going back to the human habitation. They lived indoors, in artificial caves with small rooms and artificial things.

At first, she had liked the attention. It was all she had known. But then instinct stirred in her heart stronger than it had before, driven on by a battle she’d had against another one of the museum Pokemon. She couldn’t fully explain that either, but she knew that she was meant for an open place like this, where she could rule the skies over a land of prey and servants.

Aerodactyl settled in one of the scattered trees and observed the grassland. A few local Pokemon were watching her warily and curiously. They didn’t know her, like that foolish Charizard didn’t know her. However, they seemed wise enough to know not to mess with her.

Weren’t there supposed to be others like her around? She could definitely manage by herself. That Charizard was the only Pokemon to challenge her since she left the human habitation far behind. He wouldn’t be a problem.

But as she watched the setting sun turn golden, she wondered if being on her own would be a problem.

-+-

Charizard woke up to an odd sensation; something was brushing over his scales in circular patterns. He bolted upright, getting a small squeal in response. Now that he was fully awake, he realized the he felt strangely damp. He looked down and saw Swablu getting back to his feet. It was the same bird; Charizard recognized the red marks where Aerodactyl’s claws had dug into the smaller Pokemon’s back. “What are you doing?” he demanded.

“Oh, you are back awake!” he cried happily. He bobbed his head up and down eagerly. “I am washing you.”

This didn’t strike him as normal behavior. Then again, he’d never paid much attention to the Swablues before. “Washing me?”

“Oh yes, your scales were quite dim and in need of a good wash and polish. And your bruises needed to be cleaned so they healed well. Pokemon always need to look their best, as you never know if you’ll run into an old friend or a new one, or your mother, or someone you may love. Besides, I can’t help myself when I see something dirty. You look much nicer now, although I’m not quite done yet.” He spoke so eagerly and rapidly that he didn’t seem to take a breath in between all his words.

“Why are you washing me?” Charizard asked sternly, sending a puff of smoke out of his nostrils. “I’m the most… I was the most fearsome Pokemon of this land’s sky. And you only ran into me today.”

“Oh, but you saved my life, Charizard!” He started bobbing again. “That scary gray Pokemon would have killed me, I know. But you distracted it from me enough for me to get away and hide. I can’t thank you enough, but I can try. I’ll help you get revenge on that beast!”

He snorted. “I doubt you can do that.”

“Um, well, I can sing in a really charming way; it puts Pokemon to sleep.” Swablu puffed his feathers up to appear bigger. “And I’ll be big and powerful too. I hope soon, but I don’t know when. I can help you then better. But for now, I’ll just wash you and help you look nice. Will that work?”

“I’ve never needed washing before and I don’t need it now.”

The small Pokemon looked disappointed, losing his puff and appearing smaller than before. “Oh, is that so? But it’s so nice to be clean and good looking. Look at me; I wash myself three times a day and groom my feathers constantly.” Swablu held his fluffy wings out, then noticed some smudges from his grooming of Charizard. “Oh, I should go clean this up before it gets to be gunk. But I wasn’t done with you yet.”

As much as Charizard was annoyed at the unasked for bath, he wasn’t completely cold. Seeing Swablu get disappointed like that tugged at his heart. He had been smaller and weaker before. Maybe not quite as hyper… or obsessed with cleanliness. And Swablu wasn’t too bad, just too trusting. Besides, some Pokemon had funny ideas about being saved and became overly pushy with their gratitude.

He wouldn’t be much good against Aerodactyl, Charizard thought. And the Fire Pokemon wanted to defeat that stranger himself. However, an ally would help when his authority was being challenged.

“Although, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt if I let you finish your cleaning,” Charizard admitted. “And if that’s what you want to do to thank me, fine, go ahead.”

Happy again, Swablu gave a cheery whistle. “Of course, I’ll do a great job! Let me wash up my wings so I don’t go smearing more dirt around.” He hopped over to the stream and went right into the water.

Charizard would never be able to bring himself to do that willingly. But every Pokemon had their own way of living. He wondered for a moment what Aerodactyl’s way of life was. However, she was now a rival, a strong one at that. Strong rivals made his fires grow stronger. It was better to consider how to approach their next battle.

Emerald entry: A Charizard flies about in search of strong opponents. It breathes intense flames that can melt any material. However, it will never torch a weaker opponent.

Sapphire entry: Swablu loves to make things clean. If it spots something dirty, it will wipe and polish it with its cottony wings. If its wings become dirty, this Pokemon finds a stream and showers itself.

Emerald entry: Aerodactyl is a Pokemon from the age of the dinosaurs. It was regenerated from genetic material extracted from amber. It is imagined to have been the king of the skies.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 2nd December 2009 at 2:40 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Wow, that was awesome, quite a story. The battle between Aerodactyl could have been longer, and other than a spelling mistake I found, it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    The small Pokemon looked disappointed, losing his puff and appearing smaller than before. “Oh, is that so? But it’s so nice to be clean and good looking. Look at me; I was myself three times a day and groom my feathers constantly.” Swablu held his fluffy wings out, then noticed some smudges from his grooming of Charizard. “Oh, I should go clean this up before it gets to be gunk. But I wasn’t done with you yet.”
    Should be wash.

I'd like a Pelipper/Wingull entry please.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I really liked that, Ysav. I loved Swablu's personality.

Welcome back! should I say?

Anyway, that was a good story. I specially liked how you portrayed swablu - very accurate.

nice story! funny swablu! ^_^

id recommend walrein for the winter solstice and stantler for christmas.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

Hooray, Ysavvryl has survived NaNoWriMo! ^^
    “Well, everyone where I came from knew that,” she retorted, her pride making her angry.
    Well, he’d found his new rival, Charizard considered with a scowl.
    Bolded commas should be added.

“I came from a rock in a museum and I’m not going back.”

That made no sense whatsoever, so Charizard ignored it.
    XDDD

Swablu's sweet personality is adorable. :3 Weird how a big fiery dragon doesn't scare him, though, but you pulled it off smoothly anyway. *thumbs up*

Excellent job to Shiningsloth as well. The lack of dialogue added to the suspense nicely, and I love how the fossils conflicted so naturally.
    Seaweed dripped from it's body,
    This little error popped up a few times: as a possessive prounon, it should be "its", without the apostrophe. Besides that, no problems~ ^^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Don't got nothing to say right now.

In Process: Seaking/Remoraid
    On Deck: Cradily, Wingull/Pelliper
    Reserve: Wailrain (12/21), Stantler (12/25)

CLOYSTER AND CRAWDAUNT

The meeting was marked by lots of fighting. Not that this was any surprise; every single one of the pond community meetings involved arguments, either in words or in claws. No one ever complained. The Crawdaunts liked things that way and would pick a battle with each other over anything. As for their neighbors… what neighbors? All other Pokemon had left the pond months ago when the Crawdaunts began moving in. The crustaceans scared off the micro-fish and socialized in a highly violent manner.

Cawer, the male Crawdaunt with the largest star shell on his head, still tried to run the meeting despite the chaos. “I say it is high time we declared war on another pond!” he called out.

War? That announcement always got attention. “What reason do we have for declaring war?” a rival male asked.

“Who needs a reason for war?” a recently evolved Crawdaunt stated. “It’ll be fun!”

“I say we declare war because the other ponds have been too soft on the land Pokemon,” Cawer suggested. “If we intend for the Water type Pokemon to become the total overlords of all, we need to have a base of many ponds and force the other Waters to get into shape for the grand war against the land beings.”

“Well then who needs those slackers for the grand war?” his rival challenged. “We could call a restart of the grand war against the land Pokemon.”

“Against all of those Pokemon? We need more than just one species to win that war.”

“So you don’t think we’re good enough?”

“Of course not! We’re the best battlers around. But even we can’t take on all the lands at once.”

“If I were leading this pond, we could!” The rival then tried to pinch Cawer’s head. He attacked back, and soon the community meeting had degenerated into all out battle again.

On the shore of the pond, a large violet shell rolled to a stop. It appeared to be made of many spiky layers. They opened a slight bit, showing a pair of glowing eyes. Looking around, the Cloyster didn’t see anyone around the shores of the pond. “Hmm… I suppose this place will do for a break. This is taking longer than I thought.”

The Cloyster’s shells shut again, as he went to sleep.

Under the pond, the community meeting had broken up. Cawer had beaten his rival again, but still grumbled against him as he walked away. “Foolishness, thinking one kind of Pokemon could win the war against land Pokemon. I just don’t see why the other Pokemon don’t want to find the glory of the greatest of battles.”

Thinking he might explore around for a good pond to invade, Cawer crawled out of the Crawdaunts’ pond. Up there, he found a strange shellfish Pokemon that he had never seen before. Maybe it would fight, or maybe it would join their fight. Support of the grand war or proof of his skill in defeating other Pokemon would help his cause.

Cawer knocked his claw on the shell of the stranger. “Hey, what are you? What’s your name?”

The shellfish didn’t respond.

Frowning, he circled around it. “You shouldn’t ignore me. I’m known as Cawer, a mighty Crawdaunt warrior. I am the leader of this pond and everyone knows it.”

It didn’t respond.

Cawer hit the shellfish again. “Hey! If you’re going to be rude like that, I’m going to show you just how strong I am.” When it didn’t reply, the Crawdaunt went to pinch it with his strong claws.

Immediately, he grimaced. The stranger’s violet shell was hard, resisting even his claws. Stepping to the side, he tried pinching other areas, even some of the spikes. Every attempt was the same; not a chip appeared in the stranger’s armor. And still, the Pokemon did not respond.

Mad again, Cawer found and gripped the edges of the stranger’s clamped shell. It was tough to get a hold, but he managed. Then he tried to force the stranger to face him. Nothing happened. The shell might have been glued for as little give as he got. Cawer tried another point, and another, and another, and another, and another… but no where he tried, he could not pry the stranger’s shell open. Not even gripping the top shell and pushing with his feet got the stranger’s shell open. It just pushed the two Pokemon apart.

“You are going to pay for making me look like a fool,” Cawer hissed. He tried harsher means of attack: Crush Claw, Water Gun. He even kicked sand at the stranger and chucked rocks at it. But it still did not stir.

Cawer tried to trick the stranger into opening up. He tossed water weeds and small fish at it, thinking it would snatch up such tasty tidbits. No luck. He dumped lakebed mud on the shell, in hopes that it made it easier to pry the stranger’s shells open. Didn’t work. He grabbed a sturdy stick and tried to use it like a crowbar. It snapped before he could manage. Not even grabbing a metal crowbar that had been lying on the shore helped. The crowbar couldn’t separate the shells, or wake the stranger up when it was beaten with the human implement.

Frustrated, Cawer came up with an ingenious solution. He left the pond area for a place where humans had been working the past few days. They were making a road, which required explosives to flatten the landscape. Sneaking around, Cawer snatched a stick of dynamite, then walked back to his pond with it. He placed it by the stranger, then had to figure out how to light the fuse.

Since the stranger hadn’t objected so far, Cawer struck his claw across the tough violet shell. Small sparks appeared and fell to the ground, but not on the fuse. He tried striking again and again. After some twenty hits, a spark finally landed on the fuse, making it hiss. Cackling, Cawer rushed away to get some distance between him and the stick of dynamite. He made it to a large rock and hid behind it.

KA-BOOM!

Dirt and water were blasted twenty feet into the air. Shrieks from land Pokemon filled the air after the blast settled down. With that came the sound of dozens of feet running away from the scene for safety, or running to it in curiosity. Bubbles erupted across the pond as various other Crawdaunts came up to see what had disrupted their day. Cawer came out from behind his rock, grinning in excitement.

As sand was still raining from the sky, he went back over to where he had left the stranger and the dynamite. There was a wide pit there, filling in with muddy water. And right in the middle of the pit was the stranger, still closed. There was still not a scratch on the violet shell.

“ARRRGH!” Cawer kicked the stranger. Why wouldn’t it respond?

Then, the shells moved, opening a minor crack. Two glowing eyes appeared in the dark insides. The Cloyster blinked sleepily. “Huh? What’d you wake me for?”

“BECAUSE YOU’RE A CRAZY LOSER WHO DOESN’T SHOW ANY RESPECT!” Cawer screamed.

“Um… I don’t show any respect? You’re the one yelling at me after I just woke up.”

“I am going to show you the might of the Crawdaunts!” He went to attack again, this time aiming for between the shells, at the glowing eyes.

The Cloyster’s shells opened wider, then fired shell spikes at Cawer. Those hurt. Then he shut his shells again. “I’m tired. Let me sleep.” And he wouldn’t open up again.

Cloyster Fire Red entry: Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking.

Ruby entry: Crawdaunt has an extremely violent nature that compels it to challenge other living things to battle. Other life-forms refuse to live in ponds inhabited by this Pokemon, making them desolate places.

Hey! What a surprise! It's interesting to see Cradily is coming soon. Shoulda've been paying much more attention to this! I'll go take a look and see if you have written Lileep as well yet. For some reason, search is not working for me, so I'll do this the old-fashioned way: read the thread backwards!

Congrats on continuing this set of stories for so long. The story with Charizard, Swablu and Aerodactyl (a she, wow... nice... wings XD) was nicely written and touched more than one fiber. I for one can complain about people being cleanliness-obsessed to the point of nagginess. Heck, isn't it what all mothers are like? And yes, that also makes such people and Pokémon tender in a way. Managed to touch Charizard's heart and look like a quite effective sidekick despite having been there just to repay a "favour" while at it. This Swablu reeks friendliness. As for Aerodactyl, wow... a well-placed complex of superiority. I mean, it is justified when she is the descendant of the kings of sky, and has the punch to back it up. But you made it look like she wasn't to be fed up with probably endless chances to put others back in "their right place", so to speak. I mean... she took down Charizard in what, one hit? Reminds me of a certain Dragon Master's certain Aerodactyl with a certain illegal movepool, though. Which makes the briefness of the battle far more impressive!

Well, after the compliments, a sort of mea-culpa. As I said earlier, I haven't been here for a long time. I only got here when I found out there was an Aerodactyl in a story. The next and previous ones I didn't enjoy as much. They seemed... different. The characters' personalities seemed too plain to my tastes, although I'll admit some of the most recent stories caught my attention because of the particular plots. For comparison, Swablu's apparent OCD for cleanliness and the fact that he didn't pick the clue from Charizard's getaway, hint at both more quirkiness and a particularly non-self-centered view of the world, nicely contrasting with Charizard and Aerodactyl's roles in the story as well as placing him more close to "the order of things" as a prey in comparison against the other two as predators. In contrast, despite the action and the focus, Cloyster in the latest story just seems to be there so that a Pokédex slot can be filled up. Not that he didn't do much (heck, resisting a BAM! is more than good enough), but except for a dull "Don't Wake Me" Cloyster simply doesn't expose itself to be affected bt the story.

And so I shall read backwards, as I usually do, and I plan to add whatever entries pick more interest to my pool of Things to Do on Vacation. Just so that I can come back and provide a more well backed-up review. I'm itching to find something funnier than even the anti-Silver Chikorita. Yes. I remember that.

Seeing you again soon then... I'm hoping to read that Cradily entry. And that reminds me... I'll be writing about Cradily as well...
    Solovino's Sig
    Writing what the Pokémon canon lacks since Jun 2010!

Fics» Sixth -- Playfield -- Cuasi Legendario (Spanish)

Research» Nidoran! and other Pokémon for PEFE
    — — ★ — —
    Banner by Hydro_King

“Who needs a reason for war?” a recently evolved Crawdaunt stated. “It’ll be fun!”
    I must be the only one who found political satire in this bit LOL

No grammar errors, so I can't play nitpicker today :P. I have no idea why, but Cawer trying to blow up Cloyster with dynamite made me giggle. Like a maniac. Why this is, is a mystery ... ah well. Great job ^_^

(On an unrelated note, I saw that you misspelled Walrein as "Wailrain" in the Reserve one-shot section. Just thought I might point that out before you ended up spelling it that way throughout the entirety of the story ^^;)

I usually catch those errors when I'm copying down the 'dex entries. Anyhow, I have a feeling that this entry could be turned into a quite long story if I went in and added dialogue. It's one of those where I didn't quite expect this from these two Pokemon, but I like it.

Could use some more requests.

@solovino: Hey, thanks for dropping by! And for the long commentary.

In Process: Cradily
    On Deck: Wingull/Pelliper
    Reserve: Walrain (12/21), Stantler (12/25)

SEAKING AND REMORAID

Seaking felt ready for the approaching season, the time to find a mate. His figure had plumped out, showing that he was resourceful and strong. His elegant fins showed no signs of rips or tears, showing that he could take good care of himself and whoever he wound up with. His bronze scales were brighter and more colorful than ever, showing that he knew how to get good food. When the time came, he was sure that he could beat out any rival and get the female of his choice.

There was just one problem with this. He couldn’t find another Seaking. No females, no males. There was a school of Goldeen around, but they were too young. Despite his best efforts, it might all be a waste.

Although he felt upset over it, there was nothing he had done wrong. He lived in a public aquarium. And because it was publicly funded and quite large, the aquarium organization was low on resources this year. Part of that was because they had spent a lot of money acquiring a pair of Milotic and refitting an aquarium to fit their needs. One of the ways they raised money was selling off a few of their residents, including nearly all of the Seakings.

The lone remaining Seaking still went through with his showy dances, vainly hoping that some other Seaking would appear. Maybe one of the Goldeen would evolve in time, or maybe another Seaking would come out of hiding. He swam in graceful patterns, letting the water ruffle through his flowing fins. He turned in place in spots were the light would glitter off his scales and dazzle any who were watching. He even made some mock battles against imaginary rivals.

The aquarium visitors were enchanted by his mating displays, even the ones too young to know why he was doing this. The aquarium staff was glad for the increase in paying visitors. Among themselves, they talked about finding a female Seaking before the season passed. However, no one was certain how long it lasted and any new aquatic residents would have to wait in quarantine anyhow before being allowed into the tanks.

But there was one Pokemon in the aquariums who noticed the Seaking and watched him every day. She was a Remoraid, a rather different kind of Water type. While he was robust and round, she was slender and muscular. She had gray scales, rather like pewter and not nearly as dazzling as the Seaking’s. Her fins were thin and small, typical for her kind as they were not showy at all. From day to day, very few visitors would stay and watch her, if they could even find her in the first place.

At first, Remoraid stayed along the rocks as she usually did. But after a few days, she came out and swam by him. He was rather annoyed at being interrupted, but then relented. At least he was getting attention from some female. Seaking went back to his dances and she swam around him. Remoraid had no instinctual behaviors for such dances, but that didn’t keep her from trying.

A week later, she laid ten eggs. It caused something of a scandal, albeit on a small scale. Some claimed that there was no way that the pair of them could mate, but the eggs were fertile and she was the only Remoriad the aquarium had in the riverbed tanks. Others claimed that the aquarium shouldn’t be encouraging cross-species breeding as it was ‘against God’s will’, or something to that effect. To herself, the aquarium director believed that they were just lacking in major things to complain about.

In an attempt to quiet them down and keep the public aquarium going, the director invited Professor Elm to come observe the pair. He seemed quite enthusiastic to do so and was there in a couple of days. He watched videos of the pair of Pokemon meeting and dancing, then watched them in their tank along with a couple of his assistants.

A few interesting things came to light. For one, Elm noted that Remoraids weren’t known for being aggressive about protecting nesting sites. In fact, most Remoraids in the wild would lay their eggs upstream, then swim back to the ocean. Seakings, however, were notorious for being aggressively protective, sometimes not eating for days in order to make sure the eggs were safe. In this case, Seaking was acting normally. He fought off any Pokemon or human that got too close and even drilled a hole in the rocks to act as a better nest.

On the other hand, Remoraid behaved against her kind’s normal practices. She stayed around the nest area with Seaking. While she wasn’t nearly as aggressive, she did hover close near the nest when he was sleeping and did fight off a few too curious Finneons. One afternoon, she felt that there were too many human visitors peering at them from above and used her strong muscles to fire a blast of water at a child leaning over the bars.

The child’s parents were obvious upset over this and demanded a refund. Elm tried to help by explaining that the water shooting was a normal behavior for Remoraids in hunting flying insects. That didn’t help any.

His final report helped as much as it hindered. Elm stated that it was perfectly natural for the two to mate, as they were genetically compatible and wildlife observers saw the same thing in Pokemon that had gotten separated from their own kind. Besides, all Pokemon came from eggs, so it wasn’t as big of a deal as the religious folks were making of it. Most people accepted this.

But the extreme believers were the most vocal and were stating that either science was wrong or that the aquarium shouldn’t have made these two Pokemon the only ones of their kinds in the facility. Either way, the extremists said that the whole thing was unethical and the public aquarium should be boycotted and unsupported. Oddly enough, the fuss they raised caused more people to come to the aquarium and got the aquarium more funding in their next charity drive. That drive featured the six Remoraids and four Goldeen that had been born of the unexpected pairing.

Many people believed that the successful charity drive was the end of this particular story of science and romance. But it wasn’t. The real ending of this story occurred several months later.

The two Pokemon were shortly joined by others of their kind after the charity drive. However, they remained together, having settled on being a pair for life. They swam together, battled others together, ate together, and slept together. They could nearly always be found in the part of the river tank where they had met and first danced together.

Then Remoraid grew restless and left that part of the aquarium. Seaking followed her devotedly, chasing off others while she seemed distracted and generally in a bad mood. They swam along with the flow of the river ecosystem, encountering Finneons, Carvahnas, Magikarps, Feebas, Poliwags, and other river Pokemon. Due to the design of the river ecosystem tank, they wound up back in their usual spot after a day.

Not pleased with this discovery, Remoraid swam frantically all over, trying to find some hidden passage. Seaking tried to follow her and calm her down, but this was not part of his instinctual knowledge. The aquarium staff figured it out though. By the softening of her scales and shifting of her internal chemistry, they knew that she was close to evolution. Instinct was calling her to come to the salt waters, whether sea or ocean, before she do so. They had to move her out of the river tank.

This was not easy. They started with the usual procedure, of using a specially trained aquarium Tentacool to put her to sleep first. But Seaking was furious about the attack and fought the Tentacool with unexpected roughness. By the time they got the Tentacool out, they had to put it and Seaking into separate healing tanks. Remoraid woke up while they were taking him away, so then she tried to fight off the human diver. When they got her out finally, the staff was worried that she was too stressed out and wouldn’t evolve.

The aquarium director called Professor Elm again and asked for his advice. Based on that, they put both Remoraid and Seaking in the temperate ocean ecosystem. Goldeens and Seakings could adapt to freshwater and sal****er environments. And if the two wanted to stay together, it was best if the aquarium allowed them to do so.

For the next couple of weeks, Remoraid and Seaking explored their new area. There were different Pokemon here: Clamperls, Wailmers, Relicanth, Chinchou, and Tentacools. Initially, they were hostile to the last set of Pokemon, but eventually started avoiding the jellyfish altogether.

Then, feeling settled down again, Remoraid found a spot to hide and evolve in. Seaking was confused, as he had evolved in open waters. But he decided on the same routine he used when protecting his nest. Keeping awake and alert, he paced around the spot she was hiding in and fought off anyone who tried to get near.

Remoraid emerged a couple of days later as an orange Octillery. It was a drastic change: she now had eight muscular limbs instead of a few slender gray fins. She resembled the Tentacools more than a regular fish like Seaking. She gave a soft happy cry at seeing her mate patrolling by her.

Seaking didn’t recognize her. In fact, he was rather horrified that this strange creature had emerged from the hole Remoraid had hidden in. The only assumption he could make was that this Pokemon had eaten his mate. So he screamed in fury and attacked her.

Octillery was bewildered by this and didn’t fight back; she nearly died that afternoon. Upset by this, the aquarium director ordered that Seaking be put back into the river ecosystem, so that he didn’t try to attack the other Octillery in the tank. But even that effort didn’t save them. The two Pokemon pined for each other and hid away from the crowds. Eventually, both died because of depression.

While this story of a Seaking and Remoraid in love with each other is often told to prove how adaptable wild Pokemon are in ensuring their continued survival, it also tells us that a clash of instincts can led to tragic consequences.

Sapphire entry: Seaking is very protective of its eggs. The male and female will take turns patrolling around their nests and eggs. The guarding of eggs by these Pokemon goes on for over a month.

Emerald entry: A Remoraid uses its abdominal muscles to forcefully expel swallowed water, then shoot down flying prey. When evolution approaches, it travels down rivers.

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast