Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Oh thats not bad Ysavvryl.
    I like the character of Glinda, Kind of reminds me of the play wicked's Galinda/Glinda.

What?

Guys can like plays! XD

Can't they?
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/epeveq.jpg[/IMG]
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!
    Animation using Flipnote Studio
    I haff claimed tangela. Nuff said.

Sure, that's cool. Although I always think of the Oz books over Wicked (and the movie...).

Anyhow, in honor of the beginning of autumn, here you go. I was greatly amused by Gloom's entries, actually, especially the one I used. And that makes Gloom the 100th first gen Pokemon I've covered!

In process: Regirock/Raticate
    On Deck: Regice, Abra/Chimchar, Mamoswine/Sentret, Quagsire
    Reserve: ? (10/04)

Gloom and Chansey

Professor Oak loved Pokemon. Everyone knew that. As he’d spent his entire life studying them, he could understand many based on their tone and body language. He had created new technologies and an entire database, just to share his knowledge and help others fully appreciate these wonderful creatures. But there was a little secret that he kept, which very few people knew.

Professor Oak could not stand Glooms.

Not that he didn’t appreciate them, in their own special fashion. A Gloom was a Pokemon like any other, with its own thoughts, emotions, and quirks. They filled their own little niche and presented him a nice mystery on how some Pokemon could have two potential evolutions instead of one. However, that didn’t get past the fact that their smell was obnoxious. Oak hated that smell and could never acquire a nose for it.

The smell did have a purpose. It originated from the honey that the Glooms produced in their saliva. They drooled it constantly and smelling it often made them drool more. Somehow, Oak had no idea how, but that odorous honey attracted all sorts of microbugs which a Gloom loved to eat. Perhaps because it smelled like garbage, the garbage-eating insects were drawn to a Gloom’s honey. But that smell, and that drooling habit, Oak had always had a disgust for it.

Most of the time, he simply avoided Glooms. There were over a hundred Pokemon in the Kanto region alone, he figured, so he didn’t really have to study each and every one of them. However, a problem had come up around the Gloom’s information in the Pokedex database. The information seemed to conflict with itself. And since it had been his assistants who had gotten the conflicting information, it fell to him to go find out the truth. As much as he didn’t want to.

The fastest way, he figured, would be to go speak to an expert, someone who could give the information on a personal level. That was why he was here in Celadon City, so he could speak to Erika. Not only did she run the Grass Gym of Kanto, but he was known to be an avid fan of Glooms and Vileplumes. That always struck Oak as a little odd, since she also taught formal flower arrangements that focused on beauty.

Well beauty was in the eye of the beholder. Aside from his usual dislike of Glooms, Oak also had the problem of Erica being picky about when men could enter her Gym. The League had talked her into setting aside hours when the Gym was fully open. They hadn’t forced her to make a solid schedule, so he’d called ahead to make sure it was open to him. But he hadn’t expected to be faced with a Chansey at the front door.

The large pink Pokemon seemed to be very wound up, even for her species. She bopped back and forth from one foot to the other, swinging her paws. Every three or so ‘rounds’, she twirled around. And she sang all the time, some happy sugar-inspired song that she danced to. Whatever she was doing, she was delighted to be doing it.

Unfortunately, she was right in front of the Gym door. “Chansey?” Oak asked.

“Dana, dana, dana, chansey!” the Chansey sang, oblivious to him.

“Good afternoon, Chansey,” he stated.

“Dana, dana… hooo!” Her eyes went wide and she stopped dancing. “Cha?”

“I came here to speak to Erika,” Oak told her. “I’ve called ahead.”

Looking thoughtful, the Chansey turned and went inside. He followed inside the Gym, which seemed to be eternally in spring. Small trees were everywhere, along with soft light green grass and colorful wildflowers. Ahead of him, the Chansey chattered at some of the Gym Trainers. “Cha cha cha ni cha!”

One of them, an older teen, gave him a suspicious look. “And what are you doing in here?”

A preteen girl widened her eyes, tugging at her elder’s arm. “Hey, it’s Professor Oak! It’s okay for him to be here, right? And it is the right hours.”

“That’s right,” Oak said with a nod. “So why’s the Chansey in front of the door?”

“She’s our new bouncer,” the older teen said. “She makes sure there’s no peeping toms around. We’d have the Grass Pokemon out doing that, but they tend to nap when left alone out in the sun.”

“Actually, some of them are more energetic in the sun.” He tapped his side, reminding himself to stay on subject. “I came to talk to Erika. Is she around?”

The younger girl nodded. “Yeah, she’s up on the roof. She said you can go meet her up there; the entrance is at the end of those stairs.” Behind some particularly tall trees, there seemed to be a hidden staircase.

On the roof? Oak wondered. “All right. Thank you.”

“Chana!” the Chansey cheered, then hopped back to her duties outside.

As Oak walked up the wooden stairs, he considered how things were. So Erika was making her open hours erratic and had a Chansey as a door guard. The Gyms were supposed to be a challenge, but not based on a Trainer’s gender. True, there had been a time when women had not even been allowed to be Pokemon Trainers. But there was no reason anymore for the large anti-male bias. There wasn’t any anti-female Gym, after all.

There was a door in the ceiling with a small set of steps heading out. Oak opened it up and walked out onto the roof. Thankfully, it wasn’t a steep grade and he could manage unassisted. That was countered by the scent of Glooms, though. He wrinkled his nose at first, but managed to restrain his distaste by the time he located Erika.

She was sitting on the roof by one Gloom; a second was walking around the roof’s edge. Oak shut the trap door and walked over to the Leader. “Good afternoon, Erika!”

Looking his way, she smiled and waved. “Good afternoon, Professor. I hope you didn’t have much trouble getting up here.”

“The main obstacle was the dancing Chansey in front of the door,” he told her. “But she did let me in once I got her attention.”

“Ah.” Erika laughed lightly. “She is excited to have the job, I believe.”

“Seems that way. What are you doing up here?”

She gestured to the two Glooms. “I hope to have these two evolved into Bellossoms before winter comes. That requires them to be in the sun, and to be happy with me. So I am accompanying them, looking over the autumn trees. And you needed to ask me about them, correct?”

“Correct,” he replied. Then he brought out his clipboard, glad he had put the questions there instead of a computer. Of course, he hadn’t expected this interview to be on the roof. “One issue is the spotting patterns of the petals. Is it consistent, or varying among individuals, or something else?”

“It varies by gender,” she said, patting the pink-purple petals of the one beside her. “This male has more white spots, of a smaller size. The female have fewer but larger spots. That’s the main method of telling the difference at this stage, as they look nearly identical.”

Ah, that makes sense.” He made a few notes, then came over to her side. “I’ve also had some conflict in moves it can learn. Petal Dance, Teeter Dance, Tickle, and a few others.” He handed her the clipboard.

“I see. Those three can be learned by all stages. Tickle’s a breed move, Petal Dance if you train it long enough… Teeter Dance takes a lot of effort, but it can be done… oh, no I’ve never had a Gloom learn that move. Might want to test it out…” she made a note, but fumbled with the pen and dropped it. “Oh, sorry.”

“That’s fine,” Oak said, moving down the roof after the pen. It fell into the gutter, where it should have been easy to pluck out.

Then there was a rustle that distracted him. The female Gloom was face to face with him, with a trail of sticky drool on its chin. “Phe?”

Good lord, that stench… for a moment, it was all that Oak could think of. It attacked his senses with such strength that he passed out.

Several minutes later, he woke up on the lawn of the Grass Gym. There was a woman beside him. “Lie still,” she said in a gentle voice. “I’m so sorry, Professor. The Gloom didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Huh, what?” Oak asked. His head hurt terribly and there was an awful sickeningly sweet smell that seemed to fill his head. “What happened… who’re you?”

“Oh dear,” Erika said, looking up to her bouncer Chansey. “I think falling off the roof gave him a concussion.”

“Se cha,” the Chansey said in a sad tone. “Tah!” Then she snatched the white egg that was in her pouch, shook it up, cracked the top a bit, then helped Oak to drink the contents. “Chansa.”

“Go on and drink it, it should help you.” She got up at the sound of sirens. “Looks like the ambulance is here.”

After finishing the egg, oak felt a little better. The scent wasn’t overcoming him anymore. “What smells so horrid? It’s gotten into my head.”

“Many people do say a Gloom’s scent is horrid,” Erika said, in a slightly sad tone. “I don’t agree, though. I think they smell so invigorating.”

Invigorating in the sense that you couldn’t be sleepy around that stench, Oak thought.

Gloom Emerald entry: A horribly noxious honey drools from its mouth. One whiff of the honey can result in memory loss. Some fans are said to enjoy the overwhelming stench, however.

Chansey Platinum entry: A kindly Pokemon that lays highly nutritious eggs and shares them with injured Pokemon or people.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 4th October 2010 at 7:35 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Hmm, well I've mostly been ignoring B&W news, but I went into that Pokedex on this site today to get some numbers for this. So... there's a 156 new Pokemon now. Yeah, which means I've been dropped back to less than 50 percent! On the other hand, I just need 7 more plus today's to get back to that point. I found some other neat things in numbers, but I'll post that in the B&W Pokemon discussion thread if you're interesting in statistics.

Regirock is the twentieth legendary I've covered!

In Process: Regice/Swinub
    On Deck: Abra/Chimchar, Mamoswine/Sentret, Quagsire
    Reserve: ? (10/04)

Raticate and Regirock

It had been a fairly normal day for Russell the Raticate. Wake up, gnaw on some logs, go get food, run from predators, fight some Trainers, get some more food, gnaw some stones, get more food, go flirt with the lady Raticate by the river, fight his rival Raticate for the affections of his desired lady, fight another Trainer (who used one of his predators…), get more food, gnaw some more stuff. A normal day, overall.

He was hitting the last leg of his territory walk and considering getting something to eat before he went back to his nest for some sleep. He never ate a lot at once, because he never knew when he’d have to run from another predator or fight a Trainer’s Pokemon. One time, he had hoped to be captured. That wasn’t likely now that he was fully mature, so he settled on becoming the ‘big cheese’ of the area.

However, Russell’s gums were bothering him. It was the same problem as always, he knew. His front teeth seemed to never stop growing. If he let them go too long, he’d start biting into his own gums. Rumor had it that one time, a Raticate was too proud of his front teeth and let them grow until one day, he jammed them into his own throat and died. Russell hadn’t actually seen anyone have that much trouble, but he didn’t want to take the risk.

Along his patrolling path, there was a large concrete structure. Russell had no idea what it was mean for: it was old, crumbling, and unmarked. There was no door into the structure either. Since no one seemed to care about it anymore, Russell, his parents, their parents before that, and many generations of Raticates had used it to whittle their teeth down with. He found a piece that was jutting out and chewed on it for a bit. Although he never swallowed such rocks whole, he’d heard that little bits were good for digestion.

So the lady Raticate who lived by the river was going to play hard to get. Russell was pretty sure she’d been flirting with both him and his rival, but not letting either of them get her. He should do something to really impress her. But what? Fighting seemed to glorify them both, as neither had really won that last encounter. Maybe if he found some rare item.

A small crack was all the warning he got, but all the warning he needed. Russell bolted away from the building right before a massive crack appeared across its rounded wall. A few seconds later, it completely collapsed, sending up a thick cloud of gray dust. Sneezing, Russell closed his eyes o keep the dust out. Once he thought it was safe, he opened them back up and checked out the ruins.

Well, the concrete was still there. In smaller pieces, but that just made them easier to gnaw on. There was still one large piece standing. Whatever it was, it had been on the inside of the structure. It was made of a motley collection of rocks, in colors ranging from smooth white to rough black, sandy brown to deep rich brown. Spots of yellow, orange, and even red were sprinkled all over it.

Russell thought about going over to check the rocky thing out when it moved. He froze in response and watched as the figure seemed to straighten up. As seven red jewels on its… it wasn’t a face, but that was the closest Russell could call it… as the seven red jewels on its face began to glow, it made a movement like it was trying to walk. However, it wasn’t managing to get anywhere.

“Man, that’s got to stink for you,” Russell commented. “You finally get to see outside your little prison, but you still can’t escape.”

The thing looked down at him (he guessed), and studied him for a moment. It finally started to speak, struggling to get going. “Ra. Ti. Cate. Raticate.”

“Hooray for Captain Obvious,” Russell said sarcastically. “I’m Russell, specifically.”

“Russell specifically. Chew my feet off.”

He blinked in surprise. Did it honestly mean that? “Excuse me?”

“Chew my feet off. Please.”

Deciding to point out the obvious this time, Russell replied, “That’s going to hurt, you know. I’m not usually called on for amputations.”

“I do not feel. I must complete my mission.”

“Okay, if you say so.” The Raticate scrambled over the loose ruins to reach the creature’s ankles. “And what the heck are you, if you don’t feel?” He started chewing at the ankles, harder than he normally did for rocks.

“I am Regirock, a golem of the Kingdom of Groudon. I have come to deliver a message to the capitol of the Kingdom of Kyogre.”

These rocks were coming apart with strange ease, Russell thought. They seemed to detach once he put enough pressure to them. “Never heard of those places,” he said as he went over to work on the other ankle.

Now that one leg was free, Regirock lifted it up, then somehow drew the concrete rubble to form a new foot. Wasn’t telekinesis a Psychic power? Or did he have just some kind of will to control rocks. The golem replied, “The capitol is just ahead. They feared that I was coming to attack them, so they trapped me in that tomb of concrete and steel. I did not get time to relay my message, which is a request for a truce. But I will complete my mission and deliver the message to the leader of the capitol ahead.”

Russell moved back and watched as Regirock formed a second foot. “Oh yeah? You don’t let nothing get you down, it seems. So how long have you been in there?”

It took a few moments as Regirock was still in contemplating that. “five hundred and thirty-two years, four months, twenty-two days, three hours, six minutes, and twelve seconds.”

“Huh. Well…” Russell looked to the west. “If you follow this human path, you’ll end up in Lilycove. I suppose you can find the leader of that city and finish your business. But man, I would’ve given up when they started to show signs that they were going to trap me in concrete.”

“I do not give up,” Regirock stated. “Russell specifically, thank you for freeing me. Is there some favor that I can repay you with?”

“Um...” he scratched behind his ear before getting a great idea and grinning. “You could come with me for a little bit and tell this lady Raticate that I freed you. That’s it.”

“Very well. Show me where your lady lives.”

“Right, follow me!” He scampered off with the rocky golem marching behind him. Its footsteps were heavy and frightened many others away.

But this was sure to leave an impression on the lady he wanted!

Regirock D/P/P entry: Its entire body is made of rock. If any part chips off in battle, it attaches rocks to repair itself.

Raticate HG entry: Gnaws on anything with its tough fangs. It can even topple cement buildings by gnawing on them.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Hmmm... In the Rattata/Glameow entry, you use the phrase "flash of violet" in reference to Glinda pouncing on Rachel... But Glameow are blue. Is Glinda shiny?

If so, that plus the purple Purugly in your Machamp/Roselia story means you've inserted both members of that evolution line in shiny form. Is this the case?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Since you have none in reserve... How about Magmar/Charmander?
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Erika is in Celadon city i believe.

The Gloom story was pretty good, i mean consider the anime's flawless Professor oak, and how little we know about the in game oak, it is a funny little thing that only someone of oaks statue would even bother to hide.

Flawed characters are always much rounder.

Rgirocks attitude shgould be commended. COMMENDED!!
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!

Long time when I was last here made
    a umbreon one yet
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

It's my birthday again! So this year, I've got a pair of Pokemon that I like the use. And it just so happens these are the only two non-legend Dragons I had left...

I'm looking for a Halloween reserve (my fav holiday, I'm not missing that).

@Missingno Master: The shiny Glameow was unintentional. It looks kind of blue-violet to me (although, I admit it's not very violet). At any rate, I love cats, so I'll leave that, hehe.

@LadyMiir: The Reserves are for holidays and special occasions, like today.

@Baton Passer: Right, I forgot to go fix that here...

@tombux: Hi! I did Umbreon a long time ago. Go check my first page index for a link to it.

In Process: Regice/Swinub
    On Deck: Abra/Chimchar, Mamoswine/Sentret, Quagsire, Charmander/Magmar
    Reserve: ? (10/30)

Altaria and Gabite

The sky blue birdlike dragon flew through the air, daydreaming again. He liked to soar with the clouds, to blend in with them. If he was careful of how he used his fluffy white wings, he could spook Pokemon on the ground who just saw a cloud moving unlike the rest. It was even funnier if another Altaria was with him, so it appeared as if the sky was confused. But that wasn’t possible at the moment; all he could do was daydream it.

Especially since the clouds were black and angry, sending a downpour over the land below him.

And on top of him. He had somewhere he was going, but his feathers could only repel so much water. With the winds getting worse the farther he went into the storm, he found it not worth getting there early by risking flight in this storm. So he descended down to the rocky landscape below, looking for some shelter.

He spotted some steam coming from the ground, indicating a warm spot. Getting closer, he saw a cave entrance. A warm cave sounded like a good place to wait out the rain. He landed in the cave and briskly shook his wings to remove excess water. As some of the rainwater was heading into the cave too, the Altaria went in deeper until he found a dry ledge. He settled down there to rest and dry out.

Around his neck, there was a gold chain hanging onto a multifaceted diamond. It was mostly clear with a few cloudy white areas. But the most fascinating thing about it was how it seemed to reflect all colors of the rainbow when light hit it. Even the humble torches on the wall caused the diamond on the necklace to sparkle. Looking at it made him simultaneously happy and sad. The Altaria began humming to himself, trying to ward off the sadness.

Torches. One flickered on the wall, but the one nearest to him was unlit. They seemed fairly well kept. Somebody probably lived here. He hoped whoever it was wouldn’t mind a temporary trespasser. Wanting to keep warm, he carefully shot a fireball at it. If done at full power, his fireballs would incinerate the torch instead.

With the fire of the torch nearby, he decided to take a nap.

-+-

Rainwater was invading the cave. A gray and blue dragon knelt down to test it out with her front paw. Even this far in, it was cold, a prelude to winter’s snows. The Gabite disliked winter, as she’d have to stay in the lower levels of the cave to keep warm. That meant that she couldn’t keep an eye on a few of her treasure rooms as she liked to do daily. With the presence of cold waters, she’d have to consider whether to move the valuable gems to lower rooms or make sure to seal and lock the upper rooms up tight.

All things considered, she preferred keeping her daily rounds, since she could challenge any explorers that came seeking her treasures. She spent her entire life in this cave, digging up those gems with her own claws, polishing them slowly, figuring out their worth, then guarding them against thieves and treasure hunters. If a particular explorer fought well or had a suitable trade, the Gabite would give away her precious gems… but she hated doing that. She spent all of her time building up her hoard, so why should some other Pokemon deserve a treasure if they just waltzed on in and found it?

Sure, this cave was dangerous, and some liked to claim that as a reason to deserve treasure. But she lived here. She dealt with the dangers every day and had no one to back her up if something went wrong. Those explorers had a whole guild behind them, people who would notice if they were gone too long and would come to find them. If the Gabite got in trouble, she might be helped by some of the Gibles, maybe by some other Gabites. Or maybe they would challenge her authority and take over the cave (and her treasures) while she was weak. So that proved that she deserved the treasures more.

It was still a lot of work, but the Gabite didn’t mind that. It was a proof of her skill and power in that she could manage it all. Plus, she liked to see her treasures safe and secure.

Deciding to find out just how close winter was to setting in, the Gabite headed up to the first level of the cave to check on things outside. She had no treasure rooms up here, but had built in some extra traps to discourage explorers. Avoiding those, she made her way to the entrance.

Not too far from that entrance, she spotted a Pokemon foreign to this cave, an Altaria. Didn’t they hang out around mountain tops and meadows, or something like that? Maybe he was an explorer after her treasure. But he seemed to be resting, with his small head tucked under his right wing. His wing feathers were clumped and spiky, somewhat damp. So maybe he was escaping the rain.

She was walking carefully, so he hadn’t woken up to her coming in. So the Gabite initially passed him by, heading outside. Once she was at the cave’s opening, she noticed how sharp the wind was. The water was close to freezing; it would have been snow if it were any colder. Other signs indicated that the first frost would come shortly, perhaps even tonight. Yes, this was the time to move or seal treasures. She had already worked on her food supply, so she wasn’t going to starve this winter.

Heading back down, she noticed the Altaria was stirring. When he did so, something on his neck moved and sparkled yellow, then green, then blue. What was that? The Gabite moved closer, keeping her footfalls silent. In that way, she saw that it was a gold necklace with a rainbow diamond hanging by a simple clasp.

That was rare. The Gabite had dozens of gemstones dug from her cave, but she didn’t have a single rainbow diamond. In her collection, there were a few diamonds she had traded for, whites, pinks, blues, and others. But her cave did not produce diamonds, at least none she had found yet. And no gems quite as beautiful as the one the Altaria wore around his neck.

She wanted that diamond. But she wasn’t a thief. No matter how much she wanted it, she wasn’t about to snatch it off his neck while he was asleep. Now if he was awake, she might be able to get him to trade it, or maybe trick him out of it. It wasn’t stealing if he willingly gave it to her, and even the guild explorers couldn’t argue that.

Deciding to wait for him to wake up, she hunkered down near a steam vent to keep warm.

-+-

When the Altaria woke back up, he found that his feathers had managed to dry out. But from the echoes of raindrops in the cave, the storm had not let up. This wasn’t good. He might have been able to make up for lost time if he could leave now. With the chilly air coming from the entrance, he could tell that the rain had turned freezing. And it would not be wise to fly in this weather. “Oh dear,” he mumbled to himself, then yawned and stretched.

He then noticed that he wasn’t alone in the cave now. A female Gabite was watching him from the other side of the room. Was she one of the residents of this cave? That was likely. He brought his wings back to his body, conscious not to look aggressive. “Pardon me,” he said politely. “I don’t mean to bother anyone; I just needed to get out of the rain.”

“I can understand that,” she replied. Good, so she wasn’t a fully wild Pokemon. Those fellows could be difficult to negotiate with. “It is a warning of winter, I believe.”

“That could be.” He looked in the direction of the entrance. “Has it shown any signs of stopping or slowing?”

The Gabite shook her head. “No. It has gotten colder instead. It might go all night.”

“Oh dear,” he said to himself again. “I hope this doesn’t make me too late.”

Quietly, she left her spot and came closer to him. “Were you headed somewhere?”

“Yes, Treasure Town. There’s a festival soon and I wanted to be there shortly before it started. But if the rain’s turned freezing, I can’t fly there safely.”

“Hmmm… the guild installed a teleport square deeper in the cave. You’ll end up in Wigglytuff’s Guild, but they’re reasonable Pokemon. Most of the time.”

The Altaria whistled his appreciation. “Really? Yes, that would be excellent. I know a few guild explorers and I’m sure if I explained about the storm, they wouldn’t mind me using their teleport system. Thank you, miss. Which level is it on?”

She moved over to one of the doorways that led further in the cave. “The sixth. But, this place is dangerous to those who do not know it. You’d best come with me.”

“All right. Thank you again; you’re a very kind Pokemon.” He flew off the ledge and followed her into the hall.

“What are you going to the festival for?” she asked as they traveled along.

“Oh, it’s tradition. My mate and I used to come every year. She started it, actually, because she would take small Pokemon on flights above town, just for fun. I joined her in that just three years ago. But she won’t be there this year.” He cooed sadly, glancing at the rainbow diamond around his neck.

“She sick or something?” the Gabite asked sympathetically.

“No. She died last winter.”

“Oh. I’m sorry for your loss then.” She smiled back at him.

He nodded in thanks. “It’s okay, I’m sure she’s at peace now. But I don’t want to disappoint her friends in Treasure Town, so I’m going alone this year. And I’m keeping her treasure safe.”

“The diamond?”

The Altaria chuckled at that. “Partly, but not quite. Our children are still back at home, and I’m teaching them to be as kind as her. She did treasure this necklace, though. It’s special.”

“I’ll say. Diamonds like that are incredibly rare.” She paused, apparently thinking.

“Not just that,” he insisted. “This diamond has a special power, although we’re not sure what it’s for. It gathers love. It gets passed along by love; the current bearer was given it by someone who loves him or her, and will give it on to someone else he or she loves. And it’s not just a mate, but a child, a dear friend, a promising student… so long as the love between them is strong and the bearer is a good Pokemon, the diamond will continue to grow in power.”

She put her paw to her chin. “A diamond of love, huh?”

“Right. We’re not sure what it will do, but we believe someday, it will do something great for the world.”

“So then why wear it? If it is so valuable, why not put it away where it can be safe?”

“Well it might be safer if I hid it,” he admitted. “But it wouldn’t be worth much hidden away. No one could enjoy its beauty, and I do keep it as a reminder of my mate, and the love we shared. Also, since it grows by being around loving Pokemon, it wouldn’t do anything if it wasn’t with me. So I prefer to keep it on me. And if anyone who doesn’t deserve it does take it from me, I think karma would get to them in the end.”

“That could be.” She stopped right in front of a large hole. “Here. This is a shortcut by several levels. We can go straight to the sixth from here, me by climbing and you by flying if you can maneuver through it.”

The Altaria looked down the hole. “Ah, very clever. Yes, I should be able to manage it.”

-+-

After the Altaria left, the Gabite had a lot to think about. He had thanked her by giving her a gemstone. But not the rainbow diamond. He had given her a Sunbright Stone, which flooded the room it was in with brightness equal to that of a sunny summer day. According to him, if she were careful about covering it from time to time and using rain-inducing items, she could grow berry bushes and other plants inside her cave. That was something she didn’t have, and something very useful indeed.

But it was what he had said that caused her thought. Particularly about using treasures rather than just hiding them. Were other treasures worthless if hidden away? Was it better to keep them out for others to admire, or protect them from thieves? Or was it just things like that diamond of love that were better not hidden?

The Gabite looked at the Sunbright Stone in her paws. This one she could agree might be less useful if sealed away and not used. But her other treasures? Thieves were too prevalent. She’d have to find some way to keep this treasure from being stolen. Even if they were being used, treasures were worthless to her if she didn’t have them.

Which meant she might as well just forget about that rainbow diamond the Altaria had. It was unlikely that he would give it up to her.

Altaria Emerald entry: It hums in a beautiful soprano voice. It flies among white clouds in blue skies. It launches intensely hot fireballs from its mouth.

Gabite Platinum entry: It loves sparkly things. It seeks treasures in caves and hoards the loot in its nest.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 4th October 2010 at 7:39 PM.

Happy bday mate!
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

Happy birthday! And for the Halloween entry, might I suggest Misdreavus/Weedle? As a Ghost-type, Misdreavus seems perfect for a Halloween entry. The Weedle is just to make a bit of a challenge for you, since it seems so random.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

asdfghjkl Forgot about this, I'm sorry D= I guess I got caught up with PV. Silly fans, shipping is for nerds kids. But anyway. Happy birthday~! *breaks out the confetti*

She wanted that diamond. But she wasn’t a thief. No matter how much she wanted it, she wasn’t about to snatch it off his neck while he was asleep. Now if he was awake, she might be able to get him to trade it, or maybe trick him out of it. It wasn’t stealing if he willingly gave it to her, and even the guild explorers couldn’t argue that.
    It's The Hobbit in reverse! :o

I like the characterization in this one, and the way the two dragons interacted. Honestly, I thought Altaria was going to be a ditz, but he turned out to be cooler than that. And Gabite, good thing she learned a lesson ... at least, I think she did.

Oh, and I was pleased to see that it was set in the MD-verse, without starring the player. There are so many fics that don't show there's the rest of the world to explore ...

Anyway, sorry again, I'll try to be more diligent in reviewing and whatnot. Nice job ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Halloween...

A joyous time of year...

Id go for a more creepy than intimidating pokemon. I see theres still no tentacruel, or hypno.

I like the Misdreavus weedle idea. I didnt think there were any ghost types left XD
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!

I meant to get this story done sooner (blame the fact that I now have Disgaea DS, hehe!). But I think it's well worth it, as it's a cute story. And it gave me a new tagline which is very fitting for this project.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! And I'll go with that Misdreavus and Weedle idea; it sounds cool and I love Misdreavus. There is actually one more Ghost Pokemon (besides that one) that I haven't covered. Of course, that point will be null when the English version of Black and White comes out.

In Process: Abra/Chimchar
    On Deck: Mamoswine/Sentret, Quagsire, Charmander/Magmar
    Reserve: Misdreavus/Weedle (10/30)

Swinub and Regice

Seth the Swinub had been content to rest in his Pokeball, but his Trainer had to call him out. Hoping it wasn’t for a battle, the rotund mammal shook out its short brown fur and sniffed around. There were Pokemon scents, but they were old or distant. And there was a human smell, but just one, that of his Trainer. Good. He hadn’t wanted to go with a battling Trainer and had tried to avoid the humans. Yet, this one had caught him.

“We’re here,” the man said, his voice brimming with excitement. “All my years of research into the old tales and then tracking down a helpful Pokemon, it’s all come down to this moment of glory. Look, can you see it?”

Snorting, Seth continued snuffling around the ground. He couldn’t see all that well, just movement and same degree of light to dark. But he could smell and this place smelled fascinating. It was a wild place where the earth was strong. Not only that, but it was cold. There was a light layer of recent snow, still tumbling from the sky. It lay on top of older layers of snow, maybe even ancient if he dug down deep enough. A glacier, or perhaps the top of a mountain? No, not the top of a mountain. He smelled plant life, the sort that would be closer to sea level.

Still, it seemed like his kind of place.

“This is known as Frigid Mountain,” his Trainer told him. “Magnificent place, isn’t it? It’s certainly a small mountain, I admit, but just look at this. It’s a glacier that lies so close to the tropics that it shouldn’t be possible. And yet, here it is, a place that can have temperatures below freezing while, twenty miles away, it gets terribly hot in the late summer. And no one’s been able to figure out why.”

No one? That was somewhat interesting, but Seth was happier to find a cold place outside of his Pokeball at last. He caught the scent of something nice and began digging into the snowpack.

In the meantime, the human kept talking. “But I think it may be something more that just a geological mystery. I believe that somewhere in this frozen place is the famed Fountain of Youth. It is a spring of water that has such magnificent qualities that it can keep a person young, not just in looks, but in truth. Yes, all of my research has pointed to this location as the legendary spot.

“Centuries ago, there was a flourishing culture here where people were said to live youthful, never growing old, ill, or weak. There was still death, but the people of that culture lived far longer than any others surrounding it. And their secret was the Fountain of Youth. They had many enemies, of course, others who wished to know where the mystical water came from. So only certain people were allowed to go to the spring and retrieve the water for the benefit of all others. And they made elaborate riddles to disguise the location.

“And such riddles they left! I’ve spent over a decade trying to solve them, but this time, I’ve sure I’ve hit the right breakthrough! See, some of the riddles they left behind were false, red herrings to throw people like me off. Once I figured out the more consistent riddles, I put them together and did my best to find the location. And those riddles led me here, to this strangely frozen mountain.”

Then he laughed. Seth picked up the item he had found out of his hole, then brought it over to his Trainer’s feet. To get his attention, the Swinub bumped his nose against the man’s leg. But he was captivated by his own story.

“It makes such sense, doesn’t it? The culture was falling into decline and about to collapse in on itself. Their leaders were greedy then and didn’t want anyone else to find their treasure. So what do they do? They freeze the whole mountain so no one can access it!” He laughed again, but stopped abruptly.

Seth nudged him again.

“Although, I haven’t figured out how they managed to do that. The ancient people did manage to do things that we have yet to replicate. Still, I’m certain this is the place, and I’ve read that your sort of Pokemon can find springs forgotten about in frozen areas. So I’ve brought you here… hmm?”

Happy to finally get the man’s attention, Seth nudged his find. He was quite proud of it.

The archeologist picked it up. “A mushroom, huh? I don’t know much about them, but this one looks pretty big. But if such a large mushroom can grow here, there must be hot spots… which does mean a hot springs would be possible.” He dropped the mushroom. “You have it, then.”

Seth wasn’t too pleased with his Trainer’s lack of enthusiasm about the mushroom… but he did at least get to have a tasty treat. He munched the fungus away in a few bites, then went ahead and followed his Trainer into Frigid Mountain. So long as he kept finding tasty tidbits, he didn’t mind searching for this Fountain of Whatever the man was after.

-+-

After a week in the frozen mountain, Seth felt fairly confident that he could live a whole lifetime here, an easy life. There wasn’t much competition from other Ice Pokemon, as this place was much too south for most of them to reach. Because of that, any predators were unsure about if he was edible or not. And there were lots of things buried and preserved in the snow pack so that, even if he lost track of where the actual berry bushes and mushroom roots were, he could always find some more by snuffling around and digging.

His Trainer was being patient, but the Swinub could still smell the disappointment he had whenever another mushroom or berry was dug up. Seth also uncovered some stone and metal items that were really of no interest to him. Sometimes, humans liked that kind of thing. And while the archeologist had once said, “Well this alone covers the cost of our little trip,” he still didn’t seem that enthusiastic about it. What he was enthusiastic about was the Fountain of Youth and any sign from the ancient culture he studied.

Seth had to admit, the disappointment was getting to him. He was happy to be brought to this place, and allowed to do what he loved (digging stuff up) rather than what he dreaded (fighting against other Pokemon). The thing was, the Swinub had smelled something that could be the spring that his Trainer had spent years searching for. But he was uncertain about going down there.

It was down a passage near their main campsite, and probably wouldn’t take that long to reach. Near there, Seth could smell a tantalizing source of water that did indeed have some mystical qualities. He wasn’t sure if it would keep one young, but it smelled healthy and energizing. However, there was another scent accompanying the water and that one he didn’t know if he should go near.

For with the hot springs that he smelled, he also smelled ice. And not ice like the snowpack all over Frigid Mountain. No, this was Ice, pure, simple, and powerful. It was an Ice power more powerful than he, more powerful than any other he had ever encountered. Perhaps a Pokemon? But then, it would be one that he had never heard of before. It was one that might even be a god. For that reason, he didn’t want to go near it. He didn’t want to accidentally anger an Ice Pokemon god.

But on smelling his Trainer’s emotions, with a faith and confidence that was faltering, Seth felt bad about keeping away from that mystical hot spring. Perhaps the god could be kind and not punish them for disturbing it? Perhaps… perhaps not.

Hoping that there wouldn’t be divine retribution, the Swinub decided to lead the archeologist down that passage today.

It was a curious place, Seth noticed. There was that incredible cold that came off the potential god, but there was also an incredible heat that came off the springs. Right now, the Ice was winning out. But there came a point where the ice became thin. He stopped, sparing a moment to make sure that his Trainer stopped too. Then Seth broke through the ice.

“Water?” the man said, kneeling down. He cautiously reached his fingertips in the pool below them and was surprised. He put his whole hand in the water. “This is warm water! But how…? It’s covered in ice. I wonder how deep it goes and why it’s frozen like this.” He brought out a pair of bottles, one which he filled with the warm water and one which he scraped off some of the cold ice.

Then, the Ice stirred. Part of the wall came out and turned out to be a giant living block of ice, with several blue gemstones where its face should have been. Seth realized in alarm that it was an Ice Pokemon god, perhaps having lived since the days of that old culture his Trainer studied. Not wanting to offend it further, he scrunched down meekly and put his snout to the ground.

On the other hand, his Trainer was amazed. “Th-that Pokemon… what is it?”

Its body flashed for a moment, like a frozen lake catching the sun’s rays just so. Then it spoke, “Do not fear, little cousin. I realize that you came here to please your human. But you, you should not have come here.”

Seth sighed in relief. It was a good god. And if it said so, they should leave. He raised his snout to his Trainer.

His Trainer didn’t get the message, somehow. “It… you spoke. Amazing! You should come back to the university; the others will be astounded by you.”

“I must stay here,” the god said. “It is a sacrifice, but it is for the safety of all. I must…”

Still, the archeologist didn’t listen. He pulled a peculiar Pokeball out of the bag he carried everywhere. “This is just what this is good for,” he murmured, then threw it at the god.

Seth was shocked. He was trying to capture a god? That was horribly disrespectful, especially after said god stated that it had to stay where it was. He expected the god Pokemon to break out of the ball. Months ago, he had broken out of twelve different Pokeballs trying to stay free. Surely the god could break free much easier.

But although the ball quivered and shook, nearly falling into the hole in the ice, its status light soon turned green. The archeologist had somehow captured a living god. How was that possible? Soon after Seth asked himself that, he added, what’s the world coming to when the humans can capture gods?

Smiling, the Trainer picked up the strange ball. “This Masterball was a gift from Silph a couple years back,” he stated, holding it like something precious.

Not precious, Seth thought, huffing. Sacrilegious.

But the human was absorbed in his own thoughts and story again. “I had done a project for them and got this. I hadn’t decided what I was going to use it for; some people use them to capture elusive shiny Pokemon. But this Pokemon, unlike any other I’ve seen… and one that can speak! That’s what this was made for.”

Then an earthquake struck, causing fragments of ice to fall off the ceiling and crash to the ground. Seth squealed and sniffed around for safety. What he sensed alarmed him further. The power of the earth was growing… but so was the power of fire.

“Whoa…” the archeologist said, scooping Seth up. He hated that, being taken off the ground. “I don’t recall any seismic predictions for this area.” Then the brief quake was over. “But we’ve got a sample of the water, I know where it is… and I have this magnificent Pokemon to show my colleagues. Have to figure out what it is.” He glanced at the Masterball. “Regice… well, let’s go pack up camp and leave. This could be our lucky break!” He whistled as he left the tunnel.

Seth felt horrible, and afraid.

-+-

Several miles away from the mountain, the archeologist had stopped his Jeep to make a phone call. Seth was sitting by one of the tires, sniffing about nervously. The ground had become unstable due to the growing power of fire. And it was losing out to the fire fast. Something bad was happening and he wanted to go, get somewhere safe or at least very far away from here.

But his Trainer was busy being proud of his discovery and capture. “Yes, it does talk,” he said to the person on the other end of the conversation. “Here, I can let it out to talk to you.” He brought out the Masterball and released Regice.

The large crystalline Pokemon looked around at the woods they were in. Seth noted that the ground under its feet began to take on the scent of frost and winter, such power over cold it had. Then, Regice stated, “You should not have taken me from that place.”

“It’s fine… huh?” Seth couldn’t see all that well, but he could tell that his Trainer had turned around. “What’s with all that smoke?”

“Steam,” Regice corrected.

Then there was a massive explosion that, for a moment, blanked out all else. Seth panicked as the shock waves pulsed through his body; he feared that they were not far enough away to be out of danger. But then the Ice god brought up some kind of shield, a dome of air that was more frigid than anything Seth had smelled before.

“Stay where you are,” the god ordered sternly. “Although it would have been better if you had listened to me before. The shield will freeze you to death in an instant if you touch it; even my little cousin could not withstand it.”

“But...” the Trainer started to say, but then was drowned out by a massive rush of deadly hot and poisonous air that swept by them. But it could not pass the cold shield. The human spoke louder, “a volcano? I didn’t know Frigid Mountain was a volcano.”

“It is, and I’ve been the only thing keeping it from erupting the past several centuries. I kept it so cold that it could not budge. Once I was removed, the lava heated back up and melted my ice, causing a fast eruption.”

“Oh.” The archeologist was crestfallen, struck with guilt and shame.

Feeling that they were safe under Regice’s power, Seth crept over to his Trainer and nudged his foot. He wouldn’t have found the god if the Swinub had led him to it, after all. He hadn’t smelled the danger of a volcano underneath the overwhelming Ice power of Regice. All he’d been trying to do was cheer the human up.

But some strain of pride still struggled to come forth in the Trainer. “So you are a valuable Pokemon,” he said.

Regice didn’t seem too impressed. “If you think so. Any Pokemon can be valuable if you care enough to give value to it. Like your friend the Swinub there. He was content with the little treasures he found, but to make you happy, he sought out what you were looking for. But it wasn’t what you thought it was.”

Of in the distance, the volcano rumbled, causing another earthquake. It likely wasn’t going to settle down any time soon, but perhaps the god would know when it was safe for them to move. The archeologist dropped down to sit on the ground, still overwhelmed by the mistake he’d made. Trying to make him feel better, Seth climbed into the man’s lap. At least he could keep him company.

Swinub Platinum entry: It has a very sensitive nose. It can locate mushrooms, berries, and even hot springs buried under ice.

Sapphire entry: Regice cloaks itself with frigid air of negative 328 degrees F. Things will freeze solid just by going near this Pokemon. Its icy body is so cold, it will not melt even if it is immersed in magma.

A/N: Technically, the volcano shouldn't heat back up that fast and erupt so soon. But for the sake of the story, I'll pretend it wouldn't take several days to several weeks for the explosion to happen. And -459.67 F is absolute zero, if you’re curious.

Excellent tagline, if I do say so myself.

I had an idea for a logo to go with it, if your interested i am willing to design one.
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!

A logo would be cool, but I don't have anywhere to store images online myself.

This is a good time to get any more requests in. Really. I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year, so I'm attempting to write up enough stories so I can update this weekly without actually writing for POS in November. I need three more story ideas at least to do that.

In Process: Mamoswine/Sentret
    On Deck: Quagsire, Charmander/Magmar
    Reserve: Misdreavus/Weedle (10/30)

Chimchar and Abra

The Daycare smelled like hay and old people. A boy Trainer opened the dark blue door, and held it open to let his two Pokemon walk through. First came the smaller of the two, a brown monkey who had a burning flame for a tail; the Chimchar scurried inside, looking this way and that before going to sniff a nearby table. The other was a vaguely human-like Pokemon that had yellow skin and sharp features. The Abra shuffled in on his two feet, his tail moving slightly to keep him balanced. Although his eyes were closed, he did not trip or falter in following his Trainer up to the desk.

The old woman wearing a pink shawl adjusted her glasses, then smiled at them. “Welcome, and good afternoon. How may I help you, young man?”

“Hi,” the Trainer said, placing two Pokeballs on the counter. “I’ve got a reservation here for my two Pokemon, under Kyle Jenkins.”

“Oh yes, I remember.” She brought a reservation file up on her computer. “And it is for Albert the Abra and Ali the Chimchar, correct?”

“Yes, m’am.”

“All right, it’s 550 Poke total for your reservation. Any time over that must be paid for before you may pick them up.”

“Right.” He handed over the money. While she was dealing with that, Kyle knelt down and whistled. Ali stopped smelling the chairs and came over. “Look guys, I’m sorry I gotta leave you here, but I have to be at that meeting without any Pokemon. It’s okay; it’s not like those guys are going to kidnap me or anything. Be good for the folks here.”

“Aawoh,” the Chimchar whimpered, then brought his arms up for a hug. Kyle gave it to him, then one to Albert.

“Zzurrou,” the Abra said in his strange voice, placing his hand on the boy’s forehead.

“It’s gonna be okay,” Kyle said again, then got up to sign a paper. After that, he said goodbye and left the Daycare.

The Daycare woman got up and left her seat behind the counter. “Okay, little ones, I want to check you both over before I let you outside. And I’m glad you’re awake,” she patted Albert on the head as she led them to a scanning station, “so that I can tell you both something important. Don’t leave the grounds that are marked off by the fence. It’s all in range of where we keep the Pokeballs and if you get out of range, we cannot help you if you get in trouble. Understand?”

The two Pokemon nodded. Ali didn’t like staying in enclosed spaces, but Kyle had said to behave, so he would. On the other hand, Albert didn’t mind staying in fenced off areas, but made sure to memorize the order.

“All right, then step in here for a moment and we’ll make sure you’re okay.” After she approved of both their scans, she let the two Pokemon outside.

On looking at the large space that counted as the Daycare’s yard, Ali was pleased and began dashing here and there, sniffing things and checking out what other Pokemon were around. Albert yawned, then walked out of the way of the door and sat down by the wall. Although his Psychic abilities had been strengthening to the point that he thought he might evolve soon, his physical strength seemed to be weakening. Not that Albert had been strong physically in the first place.

But, it was getting hard to even carry his own weight sometimes. Albert still managed to walk around if needed, but found himself using his mind’s power to support himself. That effort wiped him out fast, even though they hadn’t walked far from the Pokecenter. The Abra lowered his head and was soon asleep.

In contrast, Ali was not going to sleep any time soon. Dangerously skirting a pond, he raced over to the fence and leapt onto the post. He wasn’t going to leave the area; he was just going to sit on the fence. But that wasn’t much of a challenge to the Chimchar, so he leaped back into the yard and zipped over to a tree. Before long, he was sitting a third of the way from the top.

Trees just had one drawback; he had to be careful when navigating one. Not because he would fall, but because of his flame tail. If he didn’t watch what he was doing, he might set the tree on fire. And people tended to not like that. Ali didn’t mind fires, but didn’t want trouble. So he picked his way down carefully. Once he hit the ground, he ran for a large pile of rocks and began climbing that.

Only… the rocks turned out to be an Onix that was trying to sleep. The rock snake jerked awake, nearly throwing Ali off. He instinctively clung onto his current hold to avoid being hurt. But then the Onix shook itself violently to get him off. Losing his grip, Ali curled and tumbled when he hit the ground. When he looked back around, he saw the angry eyes of the Onix.

“Eek?” he questioned meekly.

The Onix growled in anger and threw a rock at him. Ali dodged but seeing as this wasn’t a supervised battle, he fled back towards the main building. The Onix pursued him, sending Pokemon fleeing from its path. Albert vanished before Ali’s eyes.

In the tree, the Abra stirred a bit. What had tripped his subconscious danger sense? Oh, the Chimchar was getting in trouble again. Figuring he could handle it himself, Albert went back to sleep.

“Hey, HEY!” The old man who worked at the Daycare called out, trying to get the attention of the two combatants. “Let’s not fight; break it up or I’ll make the others do it for me.”

Seeing a chance, Ali darted towards the old man, crouching down near him. The Onix turned and saw that. Irritated, the rock snake snorted, then crawled off to sleep in a less active corner.

The old man looked down at Ali. “Well now, here only for ten minutes and you already get someone chasing you? You’re a little trouble magnet, aren’t you?”

“Oooook,” Ali pleaded, keeping himself low. He wasn’t trouble.

“It’s okay,” the old man said. “Just be more careful now.”

After spending a bit of time near the old man to calm down, Ali went back out exploring again. The day was so nice, with a bright sun, and soft green grass, and interesting smelling flowers, and (non-living) rocks to climb, and a pond to avoid, and… and so many interesting things that the Chimchar got all excited again and searched for something fun to do.

But every time he found something fun to do, he also found trouble. A game of kick the ball with a Happiny ended up with a Tauros chasing them; it ran into the tree Albert was sleeping in and forced the Abra to teleport again. Tossing sticks into the pond got a Seaking mad at him, which nearly drenched Albert too. And just running about the yard got the Tauros annoyed again.

But Ali never gave up on searching for a new game.

As the sun went down, most of the Pokemon began seeking areas to sleep, whether in the stables or outside. Even Ali was getting tired after an exciting day in a new place. He started poking around looking for someplace to curl up, but then he noticed the Onix was stirring. Remembering how furious it had been earlier scared Ali. So he decided he’d have to sleep somewhere hidden. Or maybe with Albert. The Abra always teleported away just before he got hurt, even when he was fast asleep.

But where was Albert? Ali checked the tree, the taller grass, the rock, along the building, inside the stable… but the Abra was nowhere to be seen. Whining softly in worry, he started sniffing, seeing if he could find his friend’s scent.

He did, but it came from a peculiar place. It came from above, on the roof of the main building. Ali checked the walls and was pleased to find that they were painted bricks. Gripping the slim lines between the bricks, the Chimchar scaled the building. The roof had an overhang, but he crawled over to the corner, then leapt at where the overhang was smallest. Just managing to clasp the roof’s edge, he scrambled to pull himself up and over.

And yes, there was Albert, sitting and sleeping on the rooftop. It was probably a smart choice, Ali realized, as it kept him within the fence boundary, but got him out of the way of the playing, chasing, and arguing Pokemon below. Ali approached Albert slowly, not wanting him to teleport all of a sudden.

When he got to the Abra’s side, he sniffed, then gently poked Albert on the shoulder. The Abra stayed put, but did raise his head. He woke up enough to turn his head, then opened his small eyes some. Having been around him, Ali knew that he didn’t show people his dark brown eyes often.

Ali yawned, then licked his fingers. He patted them against his tail flame, to get it to go out. Then he put his arms and head on one of Albert’s legs and curled up there. Hopefully he wouldn’t teleport now.

But no. His friend softly drawled, “Zehrruull,” then placed his hand on the Chimchar’s shoulder. Before long, both were asleep, left to peaceful dreams.

Not even the Psychic knew that the next day would bring bad news.

Chimchar Diamond entry: It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps.

Abra Pearl entry: Even while asleep, it maintains a telepathic radar. It teleports when it is threatened.

Note: Yes I am evil to stick that cliffhanger line at the end when I don't mean to return to this particular story. Mwahahaha!

Togetic, Kabutops, and Tyranitar. Don't ask me why. Other than the fact I used them on a recent run of SoulSilver. and that they're cool.

You evil person... i hate unresolved cliffhangers. but it was still very good. Other than that EVIL cliffhanger.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Swinub! <3 Very cute. I loved how he was constantly sniffing around and nudging his trainer, it gives a nice mental image of his personality. And that poor trainer wasted his Master Ball, haha.

Oh, Ali and Albert cuddling~! Extremely adorable. Though at the beginning, I thought Kyle wanted to deposit them for breeding o_0; That would certainly be awkward. And silly Kyle, tempting fate like that. You can't not get kidnapped if you say you won't get kidnapped. Really.

Love them as usual ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Well I'm about to switch from Photobucket to Deviant art, and post my more recent work on account of the fact that Photobucket bites.

But I am an ideator XD I can create a good logo, but im not much use past the designing and physical drawing. I can PM you ideas (I've got some in the kiln but haven't actually drawn any) until you find one you can settle on.

I can store it online, all I need is the greenlight. And if you don't want a logo thats fine too XD.

Just an idea is all.
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!

^eh, I'll keep it without a logo. But thanks for the offer.

In Process:Misdreavus/Weedle (10/30)
    On Deck: Quagsire, Charmander/Magmar, Togetic, Kabutops, Tyranitaur

Mamoswine and Sentret

Panic spread through the Pokemon lab. Two dozen small brown furred Pokemon rushed away to hiding spots, turning a crowded room into a near empty one. A brown and tan striped tail hung out of a vent, but quickly vanished, leaving a pair of eyes looking out the bars. Elsewhere, seven of the Sentrets had all hidden under a couch, hoping their numbers might counter out the fact that they could be seen under there.

In the middle of the room, a human woman in a lab coat sighed. “What is this interruption for?” she asked, walking towards the large doorway. “You’ve frightened all my Sentrets.”

“Sorry, professor,” a man’s voice replied. “But we had something to bring in to you.”

“Is this about the archeology department’s di…?” she stopped mid-word, eyes wide.

The Sentrets murmured to themselves. This particular human was like one of their group. However, she was a lot braver than they, probably because she was a human and not a small furry Sentret. So to affect her like that, what was coming in? Was it something really bad?

“Yeah, this is something they brought up on their arctic dig,” the man said. “Your lab was the one that had room in it.”

Clenching her fists, she glared at him. “Is that it? You should have asked me first. This lab is for work on my Sentret study.”

“Those are just small common Pokemon,” the man dismissed. “But this is a really special one, perhaps one of a kind. You could make a big splash with this one.”

“I can’t just abandon this project for another,” she replied, but any more conversation was blocked off by the thing the university workers brought in.

It awed the smaller Pokemon, making a few cower even further into their hiding spots. While it had large shaggy brown fur, sort of like them, it was even taller than the professor. It had weird blue markings by its face and huge curved tusks. However, it didn’t move on its own. This Pokemon was still, being dragged in on a large wooden platform with wheels. Three humans and a Machop had to cooperate to get it in.

The man who had disrupted them came into the lab after the great beast. “Isn’t this a magnificent creature? It’s a curious duel typed, Ice and Ground If we talk with the genetics researchers, we might be able to clone a live one.”

Near him, the female professor frowned. “Ice and Ground? Sounds like it’d be related to the Swinub and Piloswine line. Well then can’t you send it to someone who specializes with those Pokemon?”

Sputtering, the man turned to her. “We don’t have anybody like that at the university! No way we’re going to let it go to another school. And this is no Piloswine.”

“Do you not read the books your field puts out?” she snapped. “It’s got the right typing and it’s furry with tusks. That, and fossil records have already shown the existence of this one. I could get you a reference in about ten minutes in a book of ancient herbivores. It’s a Mamoswine, an evolution to Piloswine that was lost due to natural selection some ten thousand years ago. And I deal with Normal Pokemon. I’m not going to be much help with this one.”

“Well the university president told us to send it here,” the man argued back.

At that point, one of the Sentrets under the couch became bold, for its kind. He heard the word ‘herbivore’. Didn’t that mean it ate plants? So even if it was big, maybe it wasn’t so scary. He started out, but two of his fellows pawed at him. Did he really want to do that? Even if the big Pokemon was no threat, that man arguing with the professor might be. He cooed back to them, telling them not to worry. Then he left the couch.

He scampered on his four paws across the lab surface, then looked at the big, what did she say? Mamoswine. He looked at the Mamoswine, even though his body was only a few inches high and this thing was maybe ten feet high. To get a better look, he curled his tail around him, then used its muscles to push his body up. He still couldn’t look the thing in its face, but he could see its face better.

Its eyes opened.

He thought of bolting back to the couch. However, he was known to be less cautious than other Sentrets when he was curious. The others often said it was bad (he’d be a second too late for warning of a predator) but he stayed watching the Mamoswine for a moment. it moved its mouth some, so the Sentret dropped back down to the ground and went to the professor. “Se tra,” he said, tugging at her pants to get her attention.

As he expected, she gave up the argument to ook down at it. “What is it, dear?”

He pointed over at the Mamoswine, who was trying to move around further.

The humans gawked at it a moment while the Sentret took a defensive position behind the professor. The archeologist she had been arguing with spoke first, “It, it’s alive! This is amazing.”

“My lab is still small for it,” the professor replied, then pulled a Pokeball out of her lab coat. After checking it, she pressed the button and threw it at the Mamoswine. Because it was still stiff from being frozen and buried over ten thousand years, it was captured easily.

The archeologist sputtered. “What was that for? It’s our discovery.”

Going over to pick up the Pokeball, she said, “Well you put it in my lab. Take it up with the president and tell him to talk with me, or better yet, you could ask before doing anything like this again.” Taking the Pokeball, she added, “I’m going to get this one checked up on, so get out of my lab so you don’t keep scaring my Sentrets.”

-+-

After a week or so, the Sentrets got used to the Mamoswine. She was quite mellow, not minding the smaller Pokemon so long as she got plenty of food to eat. Some of the younger and more adventurous ones liked to climb her shaggy fur and stand on their tails on her back, so they got the tallest and best view over the lab. When they did that, she didn’t mind. She also was careful not to step on any of them. The lab had to be kept a bit cold for her, but the Sentrets didn’t mind that so much.

It was night and the lab was mostly dark. The Mamoswine slept standing up, but various Sentrets had snuggled up on her back or near her feet. In the whole lab, only two were awake, two Sentrets that were holding sentry duty. Normally, not much happened and they just had to watch the large windows and the door. Tonight would be different.

Hearing footsteps in the hall, the door Sentret dropped down and moved closer to listen. Whoever it was wasn’t speaking, but it sounded like two humans wearing boots. The professor had warned her students that if they were to go into the lab late for some reason, they should talk before opening the door, letting the Sentrets know that someone familiar was coming. These two weren’t doing so.

The sentry called an alarm, instantly waking up all her companions and getting them to flee to safer locations. In the panic, one Sentret accidentally knocked over a labeled bin. Twenty-six Pokeballs spilled all over the floor. The Mamoswine was a deeper sleeper than the rest, but even she stirred at all the fuss caused. To keep a watch in safety, the door sentry hid in the bottom shelf of a bookcase.

“What is all that racket?” an unfamiliar male voice said. The lock rattled.

“Probably the other study Pokemon,” a second stranger said.

Then the lock clicked, letting the two open the door. They were strange humans, dressed in all black, save for a red R on the front of their shirts. Immediately, they both looked to the sleepy Mamoswine. “That’s it,” one of them said. He pulled out a Pokeball and activated it. It hit her head, then dropped to the ground.

“I figured they’d already have captured it,” the second one said, walking around the large Pokemon. He then spotted the mess of Pokeballs on the ground. “Aw man… how are we going to figure out which one has the Mamoswine in it?”

At her name being mentioned, the Mamoswine grunted. These two had scared off the little ones and she didn’t like it. Then she trumpeted, startling both strangers. Catching one inside her tusks, she tossed him through the doors and out of the lab with a noisy bang. Seeing this, the sentry Sentret by the door made a decision. The Mamoswine was part of their group now, like the human professor. And if she was fighting, so could the rest of the group. The Sentret made a call of that, then got out of the bookshelf and dashed at the remaining stranger. Running under his feet, she tripped him, then got to another hiding spot. Then several other Sentrets rushed over the fallen man. They were capable of really hurting him like the Mamoswine could, but they could scare him silly.

Before long, university security came to check things out and captured the two black-clothed strangers.

Mamoswine Platinum entry: A frozen one was dug up from soil dating back 10,000 years. It woke up to much amazement.

Sentret Leaf Green entry: A very cautious Pokemon, it raises itself up using its tail to get a better view of its surroundings.

Wow, I've been way behind in commenting in this thread, haven't posted since March o.0

I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the stories are always great. They are almost never a let down, although I'll be honest, I didn't like the Ponyta / Roserade entry, its style and diction was a bit boring, and the combination didn't make much sense on paper. I just have trouble enjoying a story if the pokemon doesn't fit the environment.

I enjoyed the new entry, you're just creative enough to combine two pokemon together that would seem odd, but create a literary gem. Keep up the great work, I'll be sure to comment much more frequently.

As for a new request, how about a Combee / Teddiursa story?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Not too keen on the Mamoswine one, the end seemed a little too abrupt...

This combo will seem -extremely- random... but may I request a Charmander/Latias one?
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Yay, I finally got through all of the stories! I love them all! It's amazing how many there are. Could you put me on the PM list please?

Arite Ysavvryl sry for the trouble XD

Nice story, I had a feeling you were gonna use that entry about the frozen one that came back to life, XD

Good story, No surprise there.
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!

That was so nice I love Mamoswine and Sentret, so thanks for making this one!

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Cute. I always did like Sentret. It just looks.... fluffy. Dunno why.
    (you misspelled Tyranitar! It's not Tyranitaur)
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast