Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1435

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

I am a particularly random person. So my comments are random too. Anyways, it was a nice story about a tyrant and a what-I-hope-is-the-successer. Oh, and when I was talking about the hypno story, the crushing the mind defenses is from inheretence cycle. I would love to write a guest entry, but I'm a slow writer. Ideas spark up every now and then. Yeah.
    -this was written on an iPod, which most of my stuff will be done on.
    Last edited by spriter's friend; 14th November 2011 at 4:01 PM.
    "If we are unwilling to see the dark, we cannot see the light." -John Cowan

White Name: White
    White FC: 1592-4560-2621

Well, surprise update! Even to me. I went to a NaNo write-in today and wrote up this little piece by hand. I was supposed to be working on my actual novel, but this just struck me out of the blue and I wrote it down while thinking of it. It's got a children's book tone to it, so I hope you don't mind.

Major contrast to the entry preceding it, though.

Next: Rayquaza
    On Deck: Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Serperior/Emboar, Solosis/Zoroark

Vespiquen

Once upon a time, there were no Vespiquen. There were only the Combees, keeping a hive in a tree. With great diligence, they worked day and night for the survival of their kind. They built their homes out of little hexagonal spaces called combs. In these, they raised their young grubs and mixed pollen in their special process to make honey. This honey supplies the whole hive with food all year round, even in winter when no flowers were to be found.

But Combee honey was believed to be the best kind of honey in the whole world. Other Pokémon, and some insects, also made honey, but Combee honey was perfect: a golden hue, sweet and strong without being too much so, just the right consistency, almost no extra bits to clarify out. Just perfect honey.

And so other Pokémon and humans hunted down Combee hives to harvest for the honey. The Combees tried to attack the thieves, but they were small and not very strong. The humans in particular were deviously clever, using smoke to stun the Combees so they could not fight back.

The Combees tried, though. They built their combs around themselves and banded together, but that wasn’t strong enough. The worst was when some Pokémon took the honey and the Combee grubs, eating them all by sticky pawfuls.

One day, a female named Vespa decided that she’d had enough of this. ‘If they keep stealing the honey, then we shall starve,’ she thought. ‘And if they take our children too, then there will be no Combees left.’ So she thought and planned, coming up with ways to save them all.

After six days of thinking, she came up with the solution. She asked her hive fellows to build new combs to keep the grubs and the honey in. “But you will build them onto my body,” she said. “I will carry the grubs and protect them. If anyone gives me trouble, I’ll just fly away with them.”

“But won’t the extra combs make you too heavy too fly?” one asked.

“I’ll fly if I want to,” Vespa insisted. “It will work and then we won’t all die out.”

Then the other Combees agreed and began building onto Vespa’s body. She got six long combs attached below her body, with an extra bulk on her back to make sure that it all stayed. Many grubs, including those with their first wings, huddled into the combs on Vespa, but they were too young to really know what was going on. They just saw it as new safe combs to be in.

Once it was complete, Vespa was happy. Now she could protect the children. She beat her wings to take off… and couldn’t even get her own body off the ground.

“We can still remove it,” another Combee said, worried for her.

She shook herself (for Combees don’t really have heads to shake ‘no’ with). “No, I’ll do it. I will protect us all.”

Vespa beat her wings even harder, but the combs were so heavy. They weren’t even full yet, just with the grubs and some honey for them. But she wouldn’t give up. She kept trying and trying until her wings were beaten into dust.

Then she cried. “I should be able to fly! I tried with all my might to help everyone. But now I can’t even protect myself.”

Mysteriously, a soft glow absorbed her body, combs and all. Vespa’s friends all cried out in shock, but then a gentle voice calmed them. “You gave your all in order to protect the innocent ones. You gave so much that you can give no more. Dear Vespa, do not despair. In honor of your selfless love, you will be granted your wish.”

And so Vespa became the first Vespiquen.

Vespiquen Diamond entry: Its abdomen is a honeycomb for grubs. It raises its grubs on honey collected by Combee.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Guest entry approved by Ysavvryl. Thanks! Anyway, here it is and thanks for taking the time to read it:

Vanilluxe

The streets were desolate, to say the least. Castelia was the most important center of commerce in the entire region and even during the night, the city streets were teeming with life in one way or another. But this area of the city was quiet, not even polluted by the noise or light of the bustling urban areas only a short distance away. A lone street light shone down on the street below, flooding the area with a yellow glow. Glinting in the light, patches of jagged ice formations were strewn across the walls of the alley in the most awkward of positions.

Without making a noise to penetrate the thick air, a figure floated through the alley. Its stiff body allowed it no mobility except its slow, steady movement down the narrow street. Faint clouds of steam surrounded its body, billowing into the air and promptly dissipating. Four purple eyes fixed in its sockets shifted around restlessly, scrutinizing the area around it. There was a movement. In unison, all four eyes darted over to meet the disturbance. On a cardboard box, a purple feline pokémon got up on its legs and stretched. When it was done, its two eyes met with the four of the approaching pokémon. Purrloin’s eyes widened and it froze in place. The approaching pokémon narrowed all of its eyes. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, the Purrloin swiveled around and hopped on to the ground, never to be seen again.

A pitch black shadow was cast onto the yellow patch of light which adorned the concrete on the ground below. The shadow of steam clouds danced across the ground as well. The pokémon advanced forward without slowing, meticulously observing its surroundings.

The pokémon perked up and stopped in its tracks. A loud shout resounded through the alleyway. From off in the distance, noises continued to shatter the silence of the alley like a sheet of glass. The pokémon recognized these erratic noises as the language of humans. Dinner. It’s about time, thought the pokémon.

“Aw, man!” shouted one of the humans in a wavering voice. By now, the humans had appeared from behind a corner of the alley and were ambling along, although slightly unsteadily. The man in front was wearing loose clothing and clutching a bottle in his hand. “You should have seen me last night, man,” he continued with slurred speech. “I was all… like… yeah.”

“I know what you’re talking about, man!” replied another human from behind the first one, gruffly slapping him on the back. He then clutched his head and grimaced. “Oh… I’ve got, like, the worst headache right now.”

The man in front turned around and held up a finger. “Well, maybe this’ll… help you…” The man held up his bottle high, then smashed it down on the other man’s head, causing shards of dark glass to fly in all directions and clatter on the concrete. Two men were laughing maniacally, but the other continued clutching his forehead. Before long, he walked forward and slipped on a patch of ice on the ground. The other men cackled even more raucously at this, barely able to contain themselves.

The pokémon looked on at the antics of these men with sheer indifference. It stayed perfectly still, hovering a foot or two above the ground, and waited for one to approach.

Once the men calmed down a little bit, one of them looked up and saw the pokémon floating in midair. “Whoah! Look!” He pointed one finger at the pokémon (missing by a few inches) and declared, “It’s a Lugia!”

“No it’s not, stupid,” retorted one of the other men who promptly walked up and slapped the other one upside the head. “Haven’t you heard of those things? They’re called a… Vanilla… Vaniller… uh… Vanill… something.”

“It looks like an ice cream,” commented the man who was sitting on the ground after slipping.

“No, really?” snapped the other man. “Come on, let’s go check it out.”

With a wobble, the three men walked forward toward the pokémon. In response, the pokémon tensed and prepared itself.

“Whoah…” gasped one of the men. He held his arm out and touched the glistening white body of the pokémon, causing some bits of powdery frost to gently float toward the ground. “This thing is sick. You think it tastes good?”

“Dude, I dare you to eat it!”

“You’re on!” The man scanned the two-headed body of the mysterious creature, looking for a spot for him to sink his teeth into. Just then, the pokémon shifted a clear blue appendage on its body shaped like a straw, lowering it so that it was pointing directly into the face of the man in front of it. “Sweet, it has a built-in straw! Well, time to eat!”

The man never got to finish his dessert, however. Just at that moment, the pokémon channeled all its cold energy into the straw, forcing out a blast of frigid air. None of the three men had time to react, much less scream for help, when the attack hit. Billowing clouds of hazy white air were pumping out into the air in front of the pokémon, enveloping the men completely.

Soon enough, the pokémon became tired from its sudden discharge of energy. It stopped blowing out air and marveled at its work. Three figures stood motionless in the middle of the alley, showcased underneath the yellow light of the lone street lamp. Their bodies were encased in a perfectly clear, light blue prison of pure ice which froze them all in place, faultlessly depicting their facial expressions.

Aesthetics were of no importance to this pokémon. All that mattered now was that it had a meal for the night. Pleased with itself, Vanilluxe licked its lips and floated toward the block of ice holding all three men together.

Black entry: Swallowing large amounts of water, they make snow clouds inside their bodies and attack their foes with violent blizzards.

^ Click this for good times ^

2 epic stories. 2 days. 'nuff said.

Isn't that Vanilluxe story awesome? If you've just got here and not read it, go back and read it.

And here's a third story in, what, four days? I really like how this came out. Also, it's about time for me to start looking into a Christmas entry. Any suggestions?

Next: Geodude/Graveler/Golem
    On Deck: Serperior/Emboar, Solosis/Zoroark

Rayquaza

Far far above the world, in the space between earth and the cosmos, he flew. He was often the only living thing up here. Clouds rolled beneath him, shining bright under the glare of the sun; where they were not, there were large patches of blue, green, brown, and gray. Above him, there was the endless black of night, or the vast blue of the day, or the shimmering currents of atmospheric magnetism. Sometimes things fell from space, turning into bright fireballs that descended towards the ground. On his level, he could skim the top of the jet streams, getting more speed with less effort. They blew in a constant low roar, endlessly going about their work balancing the world’s climate.

If he was inclined to, he could shift those jet streams. He could make them go where he wanted, change the weather on the surface however he liked. And yet, he didn’t. It rarely affected him, as he was in constant flight over the storms. And changing the streams would require him to think.

Think. He floated along the top of one jet stream, not really thinking. The air carried him along, rumbling in a way that he found comforting. He rarely stopped, even though he’d flown in the atmosphere since the beginning of the world. At least, it seemed like since the beginnings. Being so constant, he felt no need to think deeply. He coasted along, gulping down high level clouds if he was thirsty. The sun shone on his scales and his lungs filtered out trace elements his body needed. In those simple things, he had all that he needed to keep flying until the ending of the world.

There was no need to think. Immersed in the sensations of the moment, he was there. He could keep flying in the deepest stages of sleep, sleep so deep that his breaths took a year to draw. As long as things were balanced, he had no need to do anything more than be there.

Rayquaza, hear us…

He opened his eyes, seeing bright blue all around him. Rayquaza… that was his name. He tended to forget until he heard it again. That was a fault with not thinking. Rolling out of the jet stream, he took some time to orient himself. In that time, the voice came to him again with echoes of emerald.

We call on you in this desperate hour, hoping to restore the balance of peace. The mover of continents Groudon and the commander of the waves Kyogre have both been awakened. Those who woke them seek to battle each other, but the battle of these two gods threatens to tear Hoenn apart once again. Please, great god of the sky, descend again and stop this madness.

A long grumble sounded through his throat as he found himself and headed towards his tower in Hoenn. It had not been since ancient times that those two were awake at the same time, since the time those non-Pokémon creatures were using tools of stone and wood. How far along were they now… the humans? Sometimes he had noticed machines flying through the air that bore signs of their handiwork. Some machines had actually gotten up to his level and beyond. Yet they still called on him when the other gods were in dangerous states.

But they honored him, prayed to him. At one time, he had been completely mindless, just drifting on the jet streams. Then the prayers of the humans reached him and he changed. He gained a name and the ability to think. At first, it had been strange. But the humans prayed to him for peace, and protection from the other gods who could control the weather. Rayquaza consented, knowing mostly the peace of the upper sky. If they wanted that, then he would attempt to grant it to them.

The surface world was more complicated than the sky, though. He considered it as he began to dive down into the clouds. Down there, there were millions, no, billions of creatures. They were all different, and yet the same at the core. The differences caused conflict. And in those conflicts, sometimes one would rise above the rest with the assistance of a Pokémon god. Sometimes it was to gain control over the others; sometimes it was to ruin all that was around them. And there were reasons besides those too. In the end, someone would call on him and he would descend to force the conflict to end.

Rayquaza, please come…

On his way down, the air thickened. Its pressure started to squeeze his body, forcing him to take more breaths and increase the work his body did. Static and heat began to build on his scales, causing them to glow. Even so, he knew he was descending at just the right pace. There was no danger.

As he came over Hoenn, he found a puzzling scenario. If those two were asserting their powers, the weather here should have been violent. Rain should have poured and hissed against his heated scales, or intense sunlight should have tried to bake him. And in-between, there should be a wall of storm winds and lightning, atmospheric violence caused by the competing weather controllers. There was none of that. A light rain shower over the southern part and clouds strewn over the rest. No storms.

This wasn’t right. He thought harder, but he was already draining his energy dealing with the lower atmosphere. In all of his memory, he couldn’t recall when he had been called down falsely. What was going on? He flew for his tower, seen by the land dwellers as a brightly glowing stream in the sky.

Rayquaza arrived at his tower and found that someone holding his summoning stone was there. Along with a small crowd of others, human and Pokémon. Blinking his eyes, the sky dragon observed them and tried to remember how to divine their intentions in calling him. They were… they were tense, anxious, nervous… greedy. The humans had called on other gods with dark intentions. Now this group wanted his power under their control.

And steal him from his proper place in the upper atmosphere? To where he would have to live with this heavy air pressure and many-person chaos instead of his constant flight? His lips curled into a snarl, and then he roared in defiance. He had to respond to his summoning, but Rayquaza would make sure that they suffered for their insolence.

Ruby entry: Rayquaza lived for hundreds of millions of years in the Earth’s ozone layer, never descending to the ground. This Pokémon appears to feed on water and particles in the atmosphere.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

The Vanilluxe story is great! I didn't expect Vanilluxe to freeze the guys, but that was a really cool ending!

And the Rayquaza entry was pretty good as well. I liked hearing Rayquaza's thoughts.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

...Did you get the idea for Vaniluxe from the Fanon Pokedex?
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    ...Did you get the idea for Vaniluxe from the Fanon Pokedex?
    I have no idea what that is. So no.

^ Click this for good times ^

Nice rayquaza one. But what about thanksgiving?

Didn't get time to do a Thanksgiving one this year. Anyhow, this is the last of what I had written up for November. I am partway into the next entry, which will leave me with one other request up. Been a while since the request list was this low.

Next: Serperior/Emboar
    On Deck:Solosis/Zoroark

Geodude, Graveler, and Golem

Henry Weaver, the intrepid explorer, made his way along the mountain path. Sweat glistened on his bronzed tan skin, while his explorer’s hat kept his face shaded and mysterious. With his heavy backpack full of mountaineering supplies, he was headed off on a glorious adventure.

At least, that’s what Henry had optimistically thought when he set out on this trip. It was the romance of the thing; that always drew him to places and tasks, but once he got there... the romance always deflated. There were loose rocks scattered along the trail, causing him to stumble more than once. While his sweat probably did glisten, it made him feel grimy, not rugged. And even with suntan lotion, he was starting to think that he might come out of this with sunburns all over his exposed skin.

Well the bit about his hat was right, and he might even look fetching in it if he were to take a shower and not go back out hiking. And someone had helpfully pointed out to him that hikers usually carried weights in their backpacks for strength training. With a small portable electronic transfer device, he could pack everything away into hammerspace and make the trip with little more than a small bag to physically carry. That part he was glad for being wrong in the romantic vision.

Henry started to step up onto a ledge when his foot was suddenly grabbed. Thrown off balance and yelping, he flailed his arms about trying to get steady. Once he was able to, he looked down and saw gray stone hands holding onto his foot. Strange eyes looked up at him from underneath his shoe. The Geodude chuckled at him and let him go, pushing him off balance yet again.

That did it. “*** **** you little ****!” he shouted, fighting to stay upright. “You have to be the fiftieth Geodude that’s harassed me all day! You stupid uncivilized animals; quit messing with me! How about I give you a taste of your own medicine, huh?” He kicked the Geodude, but promptly cussed again as his toes screamed out in pain.

On the other hand, the Geodude lifted its eyebrows at the threats. On being kicked, it made a crumbly sound like laughter. It was only amused at his pain. That made Henry angrier.

“What, you think you’re better than me just because you’re made of rock?” he said, scowling. “Well you’re out of luck, punk, because I…” he reached onto his belt.

His Pokeballs weren’t there.

Had he forgotten to get his Pokémon before he left? Oops… feeling his face turn red, Henry stepped back. “I, I don’t have to take this. I’m leaving.” Then he quickly walked past the Geodude. That was one advantage of having the long legs of a human.

But before he could leave, more eyes popped out of the rocky scenery. Henry stopped and turned to go back, but the eyes were there too. There were Geodudes all around him. Well, almost… one that was much larger than the rest stood up; the Graveler grinned, walking towards him.

“Hey, hey! Look, I’m sorry, okay,” he said, holding his hands up. He tried to walk away from the Graveler, but bumped into another Geodude. This one grabbed his left ankle. “I’m having a rough trip and I lost my patience. I’m really sorry. See? I didn’t mean to offend you all, I just… wasn’t thinking.” Henry looked around frantically, but he was being surrounded. Not even long legs would help, as there were several rows of them and another had grabbed his right ankle. “You, you’re not really gonna hurt me, right? Pokémon don’t hurt humans…” he smiled weakly.

The Graveler took hold of one of his arms, still grinning. Then it asked something of the smaller Pokémon around them. For a moment, nothing was said back. Then one of them (the one he’d kicked?) said something that was gravelly yet sounded like “Whooga, whooga.”

“Whooga, whooga,” the Graveler replied. Then it was mimicked by all the other little Geodudes, with excitement. The Graveler then tugged at him, making him walk further along the path.

“Uh, I can walk on my own,” Henry said. The Pokémon kept hold of him and guided him up a path that he hadn’t intended to take.

It was a long trek. On the way, a couple more Gravelers joined them, acting as guards so that he wouldn’t run. Not that Henry felt like he could; more Geodudes joined in too, leading to a parade of Pokémon rolling up the path behind them. At one point, the group came to a large sign from the park rangers, stating, ‘Warning: Gravelers and Golems are known to roll down these slopes. The guidance paths lead through this area. Beware!’

It also had a little cartoon of someone having been squashed by a rolling Golem. Any other time, Henry would have found it humorous. With the Pokémon all around him, it was more of a bad omen.

After what felt like hours, they arrived at a large flat area of the mountain, high above the town he had left this morning. The Gravelers let go of him here, but then started chanting, “Whooga, whooga!” Before long, the Geodudes joined in.

And then there was a heavy footfall, enough to send quivers along the ground to Henry’s feet. The chanting grew more excited as a massive rocky Pokémon came into his view. It had gangly arms and legs, but bore a body so large and round that it might fully crush a car in one jump. Not only that, but it was decorated in shiny stones and shaped rocks. With all that adornment, Henry couldn’t help but think ‘witch doctor’ on seeing the Golem.

“WHOOGA!” the crowd of Pokémon shouted, then abruptly went silent. The Golem was getting quite close now, still causing mini tremors with every step.

“Er, are you Whooga?” Henry asked, sweating in nervousness. “Or the Whooga?”

The Golem Whooga (presumably) grinned, then seemed to ask something of the crowd. There were several answers, but one Geodude rolled up and gave much of it. Then they all looked at him.

“Er, I did say that I was sorry,” Henry said. “I know better know, and I won’t go kicking any Pokémon again, all right? So, I can get on with my trip now?”

Somehow, the Whooga grinned wider, then said something short to the others. This caused a worrying chorus of cheers. Henry was then grabbed again and led to the edge of the area they were on. But not to the road. No, they pushed him towards the edge that had a steep slope sliding away.

“I don’t need to get down there that fast,” he said, panicking. “I, I can walk down the path, if that’s all right with you.” He made the mistake of looking down and saw the town below. This wasn’t going to be pleasant.

With more cheers, the Gravelers ran towards the downward slope. Standing next to the Golem, Henry put his hands up, even knowing that the gesture was probably useless. The Gravelers dropped off the ledge on either side of him, curling up into balls to more efficiently roll down. Not long after, the Geodudes followed suit, rolling down the hills like a bunch of scattered marbles. While watching that, Henry noted that the Pokémon seemed to all be rolling away at certain points. That must be the guidance grooves to keep them from hitting the town, he thought.

Then Henry looked out and saw the entire landscape before him. He really was high up the mountain. The forest was green carpet of leaves to the south, while the town’s colored roofs gleamed like unpolished gems under the sunlight. And there where plains, forests, and more mountains out to the horizon under the grand blue sky. For a moment, he completely forgot about his bewilderment and terror from the strange behaviors of these Pokémon.

He looked to his side and noticed that the Golem was still there, just smiling now. “You live with an awesome view, Whooga,” he said.

The Golem cheered that pronouncement and clapped him hard on the back.

On one hand, the Pokémon had gotten him down the mountain and to a hospital quick enough to save his life. On the other hand, Henry was stuck in a body cast for weeks after that.

Geodude Leaf Green entry: Found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them.

Fire Red entry: Be careful when hiking on mountain trails. Graveler may come rolling down the path without slowing.

Sapphire entry: Golem is known for rolling down from mountains. To prevent them from rolling into the homes of people downhill, grooves have been dug into the sides of mountains to serve as guideways for diverting this Pokémon’s course.

Whooga? xD

Well, the Geodude line are in almost every cave, how do they not expect to get stepped on? It's as annoying as the Zubat line. <_<

*Makes a request before the list gets filled.* Vanilite/Vanilish/Vaniluxe/Lampent/Chandelure

Living ice cream cones and ghostly candles, what could possibly come out of that? xD

Litwick would've been included but it already has it's own story.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th November 2011 at 9:27 PM.

Whooga!! I like that! I'm gonna start saying around people.

I rather liked this one. While I was reading this, I started thing SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE!! I thought they were going to sacrifice him to some legendary Pokemon as punishment. But nope. Just pushed down the mountain. Atleast he got the hospital in record time.

And yay! You're taking requests! I was hoping you'd do a Serperior/Reshiram one. I don't think you've done them yet, and those two are on my team in Black.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

@Mon1010: I'll probably cut that down to one of each line (a 5 Poke entry is a bit much). And the nonsense word 'whooga' just popped into my mind as I was writing it. It's fun to say!

@floracat: Serperior is coming up next, so how about Servine/Reshiram?

That's fine. (I tend to lump all the evolutions together.)

I would like Vaniluxe/Chandelure though.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th November 2011 at 10:13 PM.

For Christmas, I was thinking about something that could wear a hat but considering the few ice types remaining I'll go with Vanillite/Beartic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

A Pokemon with a hat, yes! Though Beartic... doesn't strike me as Christmas-y, even being an Ice type. Except in a Coca-Cola bear kind of way and I don't want to do a real-world advert here.

But now I feel tempted to use a hat somehow in a Christmas entry...

Next: Solosis/Zoroark
    On Deck: Vanilluxe/Chandelure, Servine/Reshiram, Vanillite/Beartic

Serperior and Emboar

He was coiled up already, lounging in a sunny spot near the main mast. Seth the Serperior opened one black eye to look at the boy near him. While he was dressed in a boy’s sailor outfit, the silver pocket watch attached to his belt and the diamond pendant around his neck betrayed his origins as nobility. Seth flicked his tongue out, then closed his eyes and showed clear disinterest.

“Aw come on,” the boy said. “Wear at least the hat, please? Smokey’s wearing the whole outfit.”

“And I love it!” the Emboar said, posing with his hands on his sides. He was a large Pokémon too, burlier than the biggest sailor on this ship. Yet he matched the boy with a white and blue sailor hat, a similar colored collar, even white gloves. Not a full ‘outfit’ as the humans would wear, but quite more than a normal Pokémon would be found in.

And Seth would have none of that. “Too silly,” he said.

“Please?” the boy aid. When the snake Pokémon didn’t make a hiss of a reply, the boy tried to put the hat on anyhow. Seth flicked his tail to toss it back. The boy pouted, but then got called off by his father, leaving the two Pokémon on their own.

“You could have put it on just to make him happy, Seth,” Smokey said, picking up the hat.

“I’ll do my duty in protecting him when needed,” the Serperior said, not even opening his eyes. “I won’t wear tacky clothes while doing so.”

Smokey then tossed the hat back at Seth, who flicked it off again. “You don’t have to be so serious about it. We’re on a trip! You ought to have some fun with us and wear cool things to go along with it. You’d look awesome in sailor gear.”

“No thank you. I enjoy lying about in the sun more than what you two call having fun.”

After picking up the hat again, Smokey went to give it back to the boy. He wasn’t actually their Trainer; their Trainer was the boy’s father, who wanted the boy protected while he was being sent to his grandparent’s home. There was a war back home, and while the two Pokémon would have been glad to serve with their Trainer, their instructions were to protect the child.

Still, Seth could do more to keep the boy happy. The child hadn’t yet realized that this trip could last years, depending on how the war went. He would be terribly upset when he did figure out that his parents weren’t coming quite yet. In the meantime, they should be friendly with the boy so that he would trust in their support when he needed it.

And his friend could do more to not be so serious all the time, Smokey thought. That had always been his problem, ever since they were young Pokémon. Still, maybe being around a playful child more often would finally break through his smug shell.

-+-

In order to keep the boy safe, they were taking the trip on a merchant’s vessel. Their protection against pirates would protect against kidnappers and any enemies of the family wouldn’t think to check this ship. While this meant the Pokémon had to help out or keep out of the way of the crew, Seth had found that he was allowed to lounge on the deck provided he was out of the regular paths of traffic and that he kept pests away from the food cargo.

Near his current spot, the boy and Smokey were playing with a ball. They kept moving closer and closer to his spot. When he felt the ball hit his side, he flicked it aside with his tail, but put his head further into his coils. Hunting the ship’s cargo hold at night did take up a lot of energy. The ball came back a minute later, so he hit it again. The third time, he heard laughs from the boy, indicating that it was a way of pulling him into their games. When the ball next came his way, he opened his eyes, darted his head out and snatched the ball, then placed it in the middle of his coils and settled back down to rest.

“Aw, give it back, Seth,” the boy said, then thought to add, “Please?” He ran over.

“Do you have to be such a spoilsport?” Smokey added.

Normally when dealing with a Fire-type, he would just keep quiet rather than risk taking a burn. But he knew this Emboar, so he replied, “It obviously isn’t working yet, but yes.”

“Just don’t hurt the kid,” Smokey said, sounding a bit more serious now that the boy had put his hand on Seth and was trying to lean over and retrieve the ball.

“I won’t.” He remained still until the ball was gotten, then shifted himself around.

The boy went to start bouncing the ball off a wall, but Smokey had an idea. While making sure the child didn’t lose his toy over the edge of the ship, he crept over to Seth. He was currently near the winch holding onto the anchor, but its rope had not been wrapped back up since it was last used. Smokey took the rope and put a loose loop around the end of Seth’s tail. Then he went back over to the boy.

A short time later, they were pulling in to another port to trade goods at. “Drop the anchor!” someone called from the front of the ship.

Smokey looked over just in time to see a pair of sailors push the anchor overboard. The loop tightened around Seth’s tail and yanked him overboard. While one called out the problem, the other sailor jumped in after. Smokey came over to see if he could help, but as his beard was live fire, he didn’t like being in water.

It was only a couple of minutes before they were able to get the Serperior back on the ship. Water beaded off his green scales and Seth had such a look of petty annoyance and ruined dignity that many of the crew laughed. “I am not amused,” Seth said, slithering though the crowed to fins a spot to dry off at.

But the boy was very amused. “Hah, the old stuffy snake got dunked!” he said, laughing.

“I just thought you’d appreciate a nice swim,” Smokey teased his friend.

“Hmph, so it was you. Why must you be so juvenile?”

“Don’t get back to sleep now,” he added. “The kid wants to look around town for a bit.”

Seth snorted. “It would be safer if he did not. But if he insists, I will come.”

-+-

One of the sailors went along with them, so it didn’t look too odd for a pair of Pokémon to be walking alongside a young boy. This particular city had been spoken of many times by the boy’s parents, but that was due to the theaters, operas, art museums, and other activities that adults liked. Although there wasn’t much around that aimed to entertain children, the boy seemed okay with sightseeing provided he got to see the cannons that protected the port from invasion by sea. And most embarrassingly, Smokey was still dressed in that tacky sailor get-up.

They were on their way back form that when a pair of thugs with four Pokémon approached them. The latter were mostly bulky Water types, although there was a single Steel-typed Bronzong with them. “Hold it, strangers,” one of he human thugs said. “We’ll be taking your valuables or taking your lives, and you’d better decide fast.”

The sailor stepped him front of the boy, taking his hand to make sure he wouldn’t be snatched. “You won’t be taking either.” He then whistled through his fingers, calling down his bird Pokémon to help out.

After making his beard flame up, Smokey put his fists to his chin to set them on fire. “You’re gonna regret picking on us!”

Seth brought up his lower half, but raised his head higher off the ground. “Oh, Smokey, Smokey, how many times have I got to tell you not to give such scum any ideas that they might be a worthy challenge?” Although in a way, it would be. Those Waters could knock the Emboar out easily if they were all allowed to attack him. He might not always like him, but they were partners. Both of them would back each other up in times of need.

“You’re gonna pay for that insult!” One of their opponent Pokémon said.

“Not if we demolish you first,” Seth replied. And in short order, they did so. The sailor’s Pokémon even helped out some by being distractions.

“Are you all right?” Smokey asked, putting out his flaming fists.

Seth snorted. “Of course I’m fine. You were a bigger liability there. But you did do nicely against that Bronzong.”

Smokey patted his head before the Serperior dropped his stance. “I’ll do my best against any who endanger my family and friends. Even if you are a stuffy old snake.”

“Even if you are immature, I feel the same way.” He then dropped back down and slithered to the back of the group, to watch for more trouble there. “Now let’s get going after that waste of time. I thought I might break my boredom by fighting some tough foes, but no, it has to be shoddy weaklings instead.”

“You could always fight me,” Smokey offered, leading the group back to the docks.

Seth had to chuckle at that. “Careful offering that to me. I might take you up for it and give you a thrashing.”

Serperior White entry: They raise their head to intimidate opponents but only give it their all when fighting a powerful opponent.

Emboar Black entry: It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin. It cares deeply about its friends.

I rather liked this one! I always imagined Serperior's to be stuffy. I don't know why, maybe because of it's proud appearance.

And I loved Embroar's playful/juvenile behavior, such as the prank and the clothes. It was pretty funny!

I love The Serperior one I always thought i was stuck up XD
    A good Xmas one would be a Snorlax but making it Santa XD

Yay!!! Mine is up next. I've only waited 2 weeks!!! I know the perfect christmas Pokemon!! Go SAMUROTT! He is nice and awesome an has a horn that people can use like a X-Mas tree. And a star on a samurott horn. On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 2 pidoves and a star on a samurott horn. Anyways epic stories.

haha! i liked this one! the part with the dunk was hilarious! a christmas one huh? ummmm, well i guess some sawsbuck reindeer would be cool!
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

I've already covered Snorlax and Samurott. But I've gotten the solstice and Christmas and New Years entries all picked out now. They'll be good ones, I hope.

This one may come out best if read in a hyper kind of voice. Or maybe it's just me.

In process: Vaniluxe/Chandelure
    On Deck: Servine/Reshiram
    Reserve: Vanilite/Beartic (12/21), ??? (12/25)

Solosis and Zoroark

One fine summer day, a green bubble came drifting through the woods. It moved in a slow rhythm, drifting and contracting, then releasing energy to hop forward quickly, then drifting once again. Inside, there was a tiny tan creature that was mostly big black eyes. The Solosis was content to float around and see the sights of the forest. But she did hop a little quicker when she heard talking.

In an opening by a waterfall, a group of humans had gathered to set up a campsite. Many of them were young, dressed in the green and brown uniforms of the Wilderness Scouts. The three adults with them were supervising the efforts, making sure things were done properly and safely. A girl Scout came over to one of the adults. “There’s a lady in the camper, but she shooed me off.”

“Did she tell us to leave?” the man asked.

“No, she didn’t say anything.”

“Just leave her be, then.”

Curious, the Solosis headed away from the campsite to check out the trailer. She could check out the campers later, but the trailer sounded more interesting. And it was. The vehicle looked like it had been there forever, with weeds growing tall around its wheels. On its sides, the silver-blue paint was cracked and peeling, showing the metal interior. Something wasn’t right with it, though. The Solosis hopped around in the air until she entered the trailer.

It looked like any other human habitation, in a much smaller space. There was a kitchen area ahead and to the right, while a dining area was directly across from it. On the left side, there was a couch that could be folded out for a bed, piled with blankets and pillows. There was even a TV, playing a nature documentary.

There was also the smell of fresh berries and nuts. Sniffing those, the Solosis started to feel hungry. Those would be tasty. “Mm mm mm,” she said, sniffing further and heading to the kitchen area.

But at the counter, there was that woman the girl had mentioned. She had long brown hair and wore an orange apron while she seemed to be cooking something at the stove. Something didn’t seem right, though. Solosis wasn’t sure why, but she had a feeling that something wasn’t quite with this trailer, or this woman. However, the berries and nuts were real, she was sure of that. If she got something to eat, then she wouldn’t care what was odd about this.

The woman looked at her, then narrowed her eyes. She waved as if to say, “Go on, leave this place and leave me alone.” Then she turned back to the stove, where a pot of water was warming up.

“Solo?” she asked, staying where she was. Normally humans liked talking to her. The women sometimes liked to say how cute she was. Other times, they tried to get Pokémon to fight her so she could be captured. She usually wasn’t given this treatment. When the woman didn’t respond, she came closer. The berries were right nearby, although she didn’t see them.

All of a sudden, the woman snarled, growling. That wasn’t a human sound. When Solosis looked at her, her image wobbled and revealed a canine Pokémon with long black fur, standing up on her hind legs. It was a Zoroark!

Solosis looked at her, the image of the woman reappearing as solid (and disgruntled) as before. Then the little Psychic broke into laughter. So that was what was odd! Delighted, she searched round, spotting four teacups stacked on the counter. She reached out with telekinesis, but couldn’t budge them. Those were illusions too! Was the whole trailer an illusion? Solosis felt impressed.

Growling again, the Zoroark had her disguise pick up a knife and threaten to stab Solosis with it. But a playful nudge showed that it wasn’t real either, making her giggle. Zoroark then picked up the pan of hot water and threw it, along with the knife. But they weren’t real, so Solosis was merely pleased to find that the pot clattered on the ground and the hot water hissed and drenched the couch. At least, it looked that way.

But in doing this, it gave Solosis the chance to see where the berries actually were: some were in a nearby basket. So she picked up three by telekinesis, a bluk, a leppa, and a rawst. Then she began to juggle them, showing that she could do entertaining things with her powers too.

Zoroark grabbed the berries out of the air and put them back in the basket. While she did that, a bolt of lightning struck through the middle of the trailer, causing some shouts from the campers nearby. And then, the trailer caught on fire! Solosis looked around in awe of the beautiful red and orange flames. She liked fire. Sometimes she hid herself in a campfire, then spooked humans by leaping out and squealing. Her green bubble would protect her from little harms like that.

While Zoroark growled sharper, forming canine teeth on her human illusion, Solosis had a horrifying thought. She would be okay in a fire, but the berries wouldn’t be. They had to save the berries! Quickly, she snatched up the whole basket of them and started to head outside with it. For some reason, Zoroark snatched the basket back and wouldn’t leave the burning trailer.

“Sol sis!” But the berries would burn to a black crunchy crisp and they’d be awful that way!

A shout came from the doorway. “Don’t worry, we’ll save you!” one of the older boys shouted, right before throwing a bucket of water at them.”

Solosis managed to get out of the way, but Zoroark got drenched. When she did, the whole illusion fell. No more woman, no more trailer, no more fire. Just Solosis, the wet Zoroark holding onto a basket of berries, and the boy who looked stunned. It was just another part of the open meadow.

Zoroark barked sharply as one of the adult leaders called the boy to come away from the wild Pokémon. Once the boy was far enough away, Zoroark raised an illusion of tall thorny bushes, grown into a wall cutting off her portion of the meadow from theirs. She grumbled and clutched her basket close, apparently annoyed at the loss of such a grand illusion.

Piping up happily, Solosis sang a bit of song, showing how pleased she was at the show. She then went over to the thorn bush illusion and amused herself by passing right through them without disturbing them one bit. Maybe Zoroark could be her new friend! They could have such fun together.

Zoroark didn’t seem to agree with that, though. She threw an oran berry at Solosis and made it clear that if she stayed any longer, then she would attack. Despite that, Solosis wasn’t afraid. Some people were just grumpies and needed some sunshine in their life to cheer up. She cheered and darted over to give Zoroark a kiss in thanks. Then she leapt out of the thorn enclosed area and headed on her merry way.

Solosis White entry: Because their bodies are enveloped in a special liquid, they can survive in any environment.

Zoroark White entry: Each has the ability to fool a large group of people simultaneously. They protect their lair with illusionary scenery.

Pretty good! You portrayed Solosis very well. Actually, Solosis was very funny! I liked how all she could think about was the berries. Finding the berries, eating the berries, saving the berries... She really loves her berries, doesn't she?

YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! My entry! For christmas i would like an entry of...
    A Deerling and Stoutland Combo!!!
    Deerling= Reindeer. Nuff' said.
    Stoutland= Lovable Dog who is big and maybe scary, but truly good-hearted. Like Santa!
    is awesome.

I've already got a Christmas entry planned, sorry. But I can put that on the list anyhow. Oh right, and I got a request from the other site too.

This entry is a mystery. EDIT: Oh, and guess what? I have 200 Pokemon left to cover!

In process: Servine/Reshiram
    On Deck: Deerling/Stoutland, Durant/Heatmor
    Reserve: Vanilite/Beartic (12/21), ??? (12/25)

Vanilluxe and Chandelure

Snow and embers fell from the sky, turning the world to white, black, and red. People knew the signs well: it was the result of fighting between the two most powerful Pokémon of the countryside, Vanilluxe and Chandelure. Only that would cause the phenomenon of a house burning as bright as day while a fierce blizzard shrouded the night. When they got angry, the elements went wild.

The snow and embers were lighter at that moment as he hurried through the mess. Already, the snow was beginning to crunch under his boots; the embers melted the snow, which froze back into ice. The house fire was still bright, casting its red-orange glow onto the landscape. One glance and he knew the house was a total loss. It was horrible, and yet not quite as horrible as what its light showed.

Partly covered in snow, there was a human corpse lying on the ground. There were ice crystals and burns over part of his skin. Hovering near the body, there were the two villainous Pokémon, Vanilluxe with its glossy ice blue body and creamy white faces, and Chandelure with its ghostly blue flames and ancient-looking metal structure. The two Pokémon were looking at the body, their expressions unreadable.

He stopped for a second in shock, then ran over. “You monsters! You killed him!”

Startled, the two Pokémon looked at him, then fled the scene. He stopped near the body and crouched down to make sure. The face bore a painful expression, as if it had been a torturous death. From his mouth, there were trails of blood. But there was no mistaking it. It was his father.

For a heart-wrenching moment, he felt like he couldn’t move or think. This wasn’t supposed to be happening. Sure, people had threatened death, but it was never really meant. And those two Pokémon, they caused a lot of havoc and suffering yet had not outright killed anybody. At least, he thought that was so. Maybe they were deadlier than anyone had taken them to be.

Then he got back up in a rage and ran after the Pokémon. They would pay for this! The townsfolk had tolerated them thus far, but now they had destroyed his family’s home and murdered his father. They couldn’t be left to do as they pleased.

Down the road, he spotted someone walking towards the next town over. Strange; it was late and he had been heading home just fifteen minutes before. The person was wearing a heavy black hooded cloak, but it was cold. Maybe the person had to wait out the blizzard called by Vanilluxe. “Hey! Have you seen Vanilluxe and Chandelure?”

The person turned her head as he slowed near her, showing a black blindfold over her eyes. “I couldn’t see, but I felt them pass by not long ago.”

Oh, it was that seer woman. She was never seen without that blindfold, but she had a way of knowing things others could not tell. “I need to find them,” he said. “They killed my father and destroyed our home.”

“Is that so?” she said. “Your father had many enemies, apparently among Pokémon as well. They would be at their homes, most likely. Good luck.”

“Right, thanks. You be careful on the roads.” He then started running again.

“Only one killed your father,” the seer called out after him.

He paused again, right before a path that led into the wild. “Only one?”

“Can you tell who?” she asked. “Make the wrong choice and you’ll kill one not at fault.”

With her powers, that was probably true. His anger still burned in his soul, but he would be careful. “I’ll make the right choice.” Then he headed off to find the two Pokémon.

He reached the cave that Vanilluxe lived in first. No matter what time of year it was, this cave was always icy and chilly. Large ice crystals shone on every wall, making the light in the cave turn blue. In the middle of the first room, there was Vanilluxe. He was turned around, making light snow flakes whirl around him.

“I’ve got you now,” he said, putting his hand on the handle of his sword. It took some effort not to draw it. “You’re going to pay for the suffering you’ve caused.”

The smaller of the heads turned to see him first, then started screaming. The larger head turned his body around. “Do you have to be so rude that you burst into someone’s home and speak like tha… SHUT UP!”

The smaller head stopped screaming, then hiccupped. “S-sorry. So sorry.”

Sighing with a puff of frosted breath, Vanilluxe said, “I don’t need to be arguing with myself here. Sorry, but he has a sharp sword! I know, I know. What do you want?”

Taking the time to hold his anger back, he said, “You were there. Did you kill my father?”

“No, no way,” he said, shaking both heads. “I was there, yeah, but that doesn’t mean anything. He was dead when I got there. And then you came running and screaming at me, so that was scary. But I’m not a coward, it’s just my other head panics much too quickly. So sorry.”

“There was ice on his skin,” he pointed out. “And you’re the one who caused that blizzard this evening; it’s like the storms you cause.”

The larger head looked indignant. “Now that’s not proof that I killed him. When I hunt, I freeze my prey solid. Not little bits of ice. And he should have known better than to be outside without proper clothing when one of my storms goes on. That’s how it’s been decided, right? If someone is dumb enough to go out in a snowstorm and freeze from lack of protection, it’s their stupidity that’s at fault, not my power.”

“But you are the one causing these destructive and damaging blizzards,” he argued. “Don’t you think about others? You make things dangerous.”

“Sorry!” the smaller head squealed, looking fearfully at the sword. But the larger head sighed. “You humans are so sensitive about every little thing, some so afraid of stepping on another’s toes that you barely walk, while others go and stomp around. Your father was one of those stompers. I’m a Pokémon, don’t you get it? And I have every right to defend my territory and honor against that greedy Chandelure. In fact, I would think that she probably killed that man. He was burned, and there was that house fire. Not only that, but she was mad at him for what happened at that town meeting.”

“Weren’t you mad at him too for that?”

“Yes, but I didn’t kill him,” the larger head insisted. Then the smaller head added, “Now could you go and take your scary sword with you? I didn’t do anything bad.”

He doubted the Pokémon was completely innocent, but he left Vanilluxe’s cave for the time being. If he turned out to be the murderer, then justice would come. But he had to check out Chandelure. Perhaps he should have asked the seer to tell him more precisely which one had killed his father.

The snow and embers had stopped falling by the time he arrived at where Chandelure lived. The Ghost Pokémon stayed at an old house that had been abandoned by its human residents. With them gone, she had moved in along with many of her younger kin. Litwicks and Lampents kept the place lit with eerie blue candlelight, which made the shadows seem to come alive. Superstition said that entering a house inhabited by such Pokémon was asking for death. Still, he opened the door and went inside.

Before long, there were scuffles as smaller Pokémon fled the room, taking some of the light with them. But Chandelure put off enough light to fill the room. She hung from the ceiling, in a spot where the real light fixture had been ripped out of place. When he looked up, her eyes were open a slight bit. Then she closed them and looked like an ordinary object.

“Don’t try to fool me, Chandelure,” he said. “Are you the one who killed my father?”

She opened her eyes fully. “No, I was not,” she said. “Pity that, but he was already dead when I saw him. You’re probably looking for Vanilluxe.”

“But you wanted to kill him. And he was burned, which would be how you killed him.”

She shifted two arms to cross each other. “Lots of people wanted to kill him as he was so abrasive to others. Perhaps even to you. Look, if I had killed him, it would only do me good for a short while. I would get a respite, and then his ghost would come to haunt and annoy me. And when I was out to hunt and kill, I don’t burn the body. I steal the spirit to burn for my fuel and we can get spiritual energy in easier ways than that.”

He had heard about that, if only in rumors. “Even so, you caused our home to burn down. I can get revenge on you for that.”

“I think he got burned escaping the house myself,” Chandelure said. “That’s where his footprints came from. I had no intention of burning any houses down too. Sheesh, you humans make such a fuss about being enlightened and clever and all; you’d think you’d be able to make houses that didn’t burn because of little fire attacks. Even this place, I have to tell the little sticks to watch their powers as well as teach them not to steal energy from humans because you’d hunt us all down in response. We don’t kill humans because we’re not foolish. Now please, if you don’t have solid proof, leave this place alone. I haven’t killed any of you.”

He narrowed his eyes at her. “One of you is lying to me. When I find out who it is, I will bring you to justice.”

“Justice in the eyes of whom?” she asked as he left the house.

One of them was lying. He knew that. Now he had to go back to the scene and figure out which one it was.

Vanilluxe White entry: If both heads get angry simultaneously, this Pokémon expels a blizzard, burying everything in snow.

White entry: Being consumed in Chandelure’s flames burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 15th December 2011 at 12:35 AM.

... I'm going to say it was Vanilluxe, though I'm not entirely sure.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast