Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

That was so touching...
    S that's where that Marowak Ghost came from.
    Another in-game mystery solved by Ysavvryl! (Just like the Snorlax on Cycling Road)

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

how sad....
    I want to cry...
    but at least that was a nice one, it explained alot!
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

Hey Ysavvryl! I have been reading, so dont worry about that. The chapters were all great, and the cubone one made me cry !_! C'ya later!
    My LeafGreen Scramble Challenge-
    Whirlwind Lv.24
    Lily Lv. 21
    Nexus Lv.10
    Where-Cerulean training Nexus
    My Brawl and Wii Codes
    Wii- 5954 4612 0258 5882
    Brawl- 4811-6624-6176 Diamond- 2836 1459 1980
    PM TO EXCHANGE CODES!

" width="468" height="100">

*sniff* Poor Marowak. It's going to take me awhile to get over this one.*sniff*
    I finnaly got to get the answers I needed, even if they aren't official. *sniff*
    G-g-good job. *starts bawling uncontrolabley.*
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

*ruins mood suddenly*
    LOL! Cubone completely pwned those Rockets! Yes, it was quite sad, but Cubone is a beast!
    *chuckles about that some more*
    Anyway, nice job. Explains a lot about the born-with-a-skull thing ... although IDK why all of them would be emo, if it was just the one. *shrugs*
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragontamer View Post
    *ruins mood suddenly*
    LOL! Cubone completely pwned those Rockets! Yes, it was quite sad, but Cubone is a beast!
    *chuckles about that some more*
    Anyway, nice job. Explains a lot about the born-with-a-skull thing ... although IDK why all of them would be emo, if it was just the one. *shrugs*
    It kinda ruined the mood, but is was to make a great point.
    CUBONE IS A FRIGGEN BEAST!
    There, I said it, and I fell better.
    (FYI, the Cubone and Marowak family are my favorite pokes)
    Last edited by Zincspider; 10th October 2008 at 4:03 AM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Hmm... not much to say. *wonders if you could use Kingler as a clamp in a woodshop*

In Process: Lucario
    On Deck: Quilava, Paras
    Reserve: Rotom (10/31)

KINGLER
    Leaf Green entry: The large pincer has 10,000-horsepower crushing force. However, its huge size makes it unwieldy to use.

It was the lowest tide of the moon cycle. That meant the Krabbies and Kinglers would gather for battles and courtship rituals. The Krabby line stayed in the wet sand where they lived. However, the evolved Kinglers moved further up the beach. It was harder to move in the loose and dry sand, but it proved their strength to go over there.

And he had only evolved last week. The new Kingler scurried over to where the others were going. He had some experience in dry sands, but that was before he had grown his grand claw. Despite it being a third of his weight, he was proud of it. He could break coral with it. He could scare off smaller fishes by waving it around. It made him a fully mature Pokemon.

Upon looking at his competition, though, he got nervous. Some of them had a grand claw that took up half their weight. Some of them were smashing rocks. His grand claw wasn’t that powerful yet. Thankfully, other young ones appeared to have the same problem. His claw would get bigger and grow into something to be really proud of.

After watching the older Kinglers for a while, he decided to test himself out on one his own age. He picked one who looked like an equal match; their grand claws were the same size. He walked over to his foe and lifted his claw up. “<Fight me!>”

“<You ever been on this part of the beach before?>” he asked threateningly.

“<No.>”

“<You’ll lose,>” the other Kingler said, waving his grand claw. He opened it, preparing to lunge for him.

The new Kingler scuttled to the side, brought his grand claw up, then smashed it over his head. Then he gripped his opponent and attempted to flip him, like he’d seen some other Kinglers do. It was harder than it looked, though. The other Kingler was cussing his head off; he stuck his grand claw into the sand to keep himself from being flipped. After several seconds of trying, the new one let his opponent go.

“<You’re not supposed to do that!>” the defeated Kingler shouted.

“<What, beat you?>” a nearby female asked. “<He fought fairly.>”

“<He must be cheating.>”

“<How would I cheat?>” the new Kingler asked. “<There’s no way...>”

“<You’re denying it, cheater!>”

“<What’s going on here?>” an older Kingler demanded.

The new Kingler felt awed at the sight of this male. He had the largest grand claw he had seen yet. Yet he had the strength to hold it up off the ground as he walked.

On the other claw, the loser barely noticed. “<He’s cheating in battle somehow, father. It’s his first time up here, so he couldn’t beat me on his own.>”

“<You can’t cheat in a fair fight,>” he protested.

“<It must not have been fair if you beat him,>” the older Kingler growled. “<I am the ruler of this beach. My claw is the law. And he is my heir. Therefore, you must be cheating.>”

He raised his claw. “<What? That’s absurd.>”

“<It’s my ruling. And this is your punishment.>” With shocking speed, he grabbed the new Kingler in his grand claw and began crushing him.

For a moment, he was afraid that he’d be crushed to death on his first trip up the beach. But then the female who had stuck up for him slipped around behind the elder Kingler and snapped at his backside with her grand claw. He dropped the new Kingler and spun around, shouting, “<Okay, who dares to nip my behind?!>”

Nobody answered, for the female had slipped away quickly. Her grand claw wasn’t as large as the males, but apparently it was just as powerful. While the elder was distracted, the new one scurried away further up the beach. He nearly tripped over a jagged shell in the sand, but forced himself ahead.

He thought he’d gotten away when he heard, “<You ought to leave.>”

He looked back at the female. “<Leave for where?>”

She gestured with her lesser claw away from the ocean. “<Over there. Humans go that way often. You might find a Trainer willing to take you and make you stronger.>”

“<What about you?>”

“<I’ve got things to stay for. But since you spoke against that tyrant, he’s going to make life hell for you. So go.>”

“<I see. Thank you.>”

“<He will fall someday.>” She scuttled back to the other Kinglers.

He felt a little unnerved to be leaving the ocean, perhaps permanently. Then again, he had heard tales of his kind who had gone with Trainers and come back much much stronger than any other. Deciding that it was in his best interest, the new Kingler went towards the humans’ path.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    He walked over to his foe and lifted his claw up. “<Fight me!>”
    I immediately thought of Meta Knight because of this xD. I almost giggled.

Not too bad, but it was a bit... I dunno... I'd say confusing, but that's not it. Rushed could be more like it... Oh well, who cares.

That poor Kingler, cheated out of his first victory. Such evil tyrants and their sons >:[. (Or likely dictator, as my brothers would suggest.) He deserved to get pinched. If I was a Kingler, I would've smashed him over the head with mah claw. But because I'm a female, it probably wouldn't happen.

Can't wait for the Lucario one! That sounds interesting! Oh, and you didn't send a PM. I almost missed this.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

But then the female who had stuck up for him slipped around behind the elder Kingler and snapped at his backside with her grand claw. He dropped the new Kingler and spun around, shouting, “<Okay, who dares to nip my behind?!>”
    That was hilarious imagining a "evil dictator" saying that line.

I liked this story. It reminded me of something, a movie I think. Can't remember what it was.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

good chapter!
    That poor Kingler, my question is how does the Kingler get back and be stronger than ever if he's caught already?

Can't wait for that Quilava

can iyou make a tortrra one?
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

Whew, I haven't been here in a while, have I? Sorry, I've been busy with my re-write but I have now caught up. I've got to say that the Cubone/Marowak one is now my new favourite. I love how you explained the bones - how they gre out of their arms - weird but cool. And the exoskeletal skull = genius. The way they can take it off and grow a new one like crabs and insects is awesome and it explains the whole "it wears it's mother's skull" thing so well. I also love how it explains the whole Lavender Town arch of R/B/Y with Mr. Fujii and the Marowak ghost.

I loved the Whismur and Exeggutor ones too, ROFL at Chatot and the singing coconut/exeggucute. XD

The Kingler one was cool, but I got a bit confused in the fight between the "new" and "other" Kinglers.

I immediately thought of Meta Knight because of this xD. I almost giggled.
    LOL, me too, I almost heard the ching-ching sound in my head .

PS: I plan on finishing my rewrite of Ch.1 today and then I'll catch up with all the Ruby chapters I've missed .

PPS: I was thinking you could do Darkrai on Halloween, maybe you could even tie it in with Ruby. Just a thought.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

*Sigh* bad connection this morning. Hopefully I'll get PMs sent, unlike with Kingler. Sorry about that..

Hmmm, Darkrai could be fun for Halloween. But I already have Rotom planned for that day. I could push that one back to Election Day (Nov. 4 for non-Americans). I know you're giving me odd looks, but it would be relevant. What do the rest of you think? Rotom or Darkrai for Halloween?

In Process: Quilava
    On Deck: Paras, Torterra
    Reserve: Rotom

RIOLU
    Diamond entry: The aura that emanates from its body intensifies to alert others if it is afraid or sad.

LUCARIO
    Pearl entry: By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.

The pale light of the crescent moon tried to pierce the valley, but the murky fog was too much. It filled the valley like an airy river, tumbling slowly towards the south. It turned the light of a campfire into an orange glow. It made it impossible to see where the path ended and where the cliff began. It kept most hunkered down in a safe spot until morning.

Most. The Lucario knew the landscape by memory, so he could hunt on foggy nights. He preferred to hunt on foggy nights, as it worked with his stealthy tactics. On his turf and terms, he was perfectly safe.

However, the campfire was a worrisome sign. It meant that humans were here. He had chosen long ago not to go with them; he had an excellent territory, with a fresh spring, good plant cover, good prey, beautiful views, distant rivals, so why give it all up? Not that the humans had much of a chance of finding him, but the Lucario would play it safe and observe. Just in case.

His kind had a sense that few others had, the ability to feel aura and emotions from others. It was a sort of smell, but not, coming through the black flap of skin that went around his eyes into a ‘knot’ at the back of his head, then trailed down. This skin sent sensory signals to the part of his mind that also translated smell, which was how he ‘smelled’ another’s emotions. He would consider that knowledge fairly useless, though. He only needed to know how to use it, not why it worked.

This sense informed him that there were two humans here, two young females. Since the fog obscured their limited senses, they had set up camp for the night. They were fast asleep, no threat to him now. Most of their Pokemon were asleep in their Pokeballs, save for one that had stayed awake to stand guard.

She was a Riolu, as he had once been. Definitely a strong one, she kept her senses as alert as she could keep them. It was a loyal gesture, to stay awake and watch for danger. But she had a trace of fear as she watched the murky fog. She was on unfamiliar ground, so she wasn’t sure what awaited her.

Although she really need not worry, the Lucario thought. He was the only one around who dared to move through the fog. And even if he were desperately hungry, he wouldn’t seek a Trainer’s Pokemon for prey. They were indeed strong, and if he managed to get one weakened, it would be gone before he could make the kill. That didn’t mean he wouldn’t challenge them for practice during the day; he just had to make sure to run away before the human tried capturing him.

He might as well not worry about them. And yet, while they lived solitary lives, Lucarios weren’t entirely loners. He ought to look out for the Riolu’s well-being, at least for this night. He knew that she couldn’t evolve as she was now. That trace of fear and uncertainty was enough to hold her back. There was something he could do about that.

Quietly, he approached the camp. She may have been trying to be alert, but there was a scent of fatigue to her and his senses were sharper. He chose a spot just before he could see her and stepped on a loose twig.

The Riolu’s small ears twitched. She turned towards his direction, giving a good impression that she was doing it without regard to him. But her aura said otherwise, that she was ready to protect the two humans when need be. Good.

The Lucario leapt to the side, rebounded off a sturdy rock, then passed behind her and feigned a punch to her left shoulder. He had no intention of hitting her; it was possible that he could knock her out in one blow. However, that would be counterproductive. He simply made sure that she felt it.

She did, and quickly snapped her arm back to counter him, but he had disappeared into the fog already. That gave her aura a sharp tang of fear. Thankfully, it was brief as she controlled her mind to focus in battle. He scattered some pebbles as he landed, letting her know where he was.

She noticed and darted after. Once she saw the dark haze that indicated his position, she jumped and made to kick him in the head, even though he was twice as tall as her. The move would put her dangerously close to the cliff’s edge, so he grabbed her arm. “<Don’t move, little sister.>”

She stared at him for a moment. “<I don’t have any family, I think.>”

“<It’s just a saying. There’s a cliff right behind you.>” He pulled her back to her campsite. “<Then you hatched with these humans.>”

“<Yes. The other Pokemon have helped raise me... why are you here? Do you mean to hurt my friends?>” She was poised to strike once he let her go.

“<No. I was simply testing you.>” He released her, but she believed him enough to not strike. “<I live here. I noticed you keeping guard.>”

“<It’s my turn. I can do this.>”

“<I noticed your fear.>”

“<Oh, um...>” She rubbed her ears with her arms. “<I don’t mind keeping watch, but it’s so hard to see.>”

“<Then don’t rely on your sight. Rely on your nose. You will notice that first.>”

“<I would, yes.>” That ease her worries some, but not enough.

He crossed his arms over his chest. “<You must move past your fears. You must stand steadfast in battle and, as you are with a Trainer, you must keep your loyalty. When the dawn’s light finds you content of heart and mind, then you will mature in body.>”

She mulled over that, then asked, “<Why dawn?>”

He shook his head. “<We’re not certain, but that is the lore we pass down through generations.>”

“<Oh. I wouldn’t have any way to know that.>”

The Lucario nodded. “<It is the duty of elders to guide the youth. I will teach you tonight, but once the sun rises, I must be gone. Riolu, you have much strength, but this will help focus that power.>”

“<Okay, thank you.>”
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

That chapter was interesting, I think Lucario could have been portrayed a little different, Everyone always portrays it as wise

I'd much rather see a Rotom story than a Darkrai story on Halloween. I don't really like Darkrai.

That was yet another goodie, good old wise Lucario =) The mood you gave off was great, sorta relaxed like the Lucario but it snapped to the Riolu's anxiety and fear, which was an excellent transition. Looking forward to the next one =D

I'd also rather a Rotom one on Halloween. Since you're running low on requests, I'll request a Nidoran male and female one. I'm sure you could conjure up something romantic for that ~.o

@JammyU - I heard the clink of swords xD. Meta Knight is too awesome to not want to hear.

On topic - Ooh, ooh, I liked that one! I got some great imagery in my head, now! That was awesome, possibly your next best to the Eevee!

I liked the little description of how Lucario can sense the Aura. I always thought he just could see them when his eyes glowed and all that. (Well, from what I saw on Brawl anyway, lol.) In a future one-shot, that's how I refered to it, but I might change it a little. Yours actually made some sense. I even liked how he was testing the Riolu, and calling her "little sister", I love that part <3.

For the Halloween one, I think it would be awesome if you teamed up Rotom and Darkrai together. Just think, the two roaming around town freaking out little kids and all, and maybe stupid arguements here and there! Oh, I just love a little teamwork XD.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Another great one, I too loved the description of Lucario's aura sense. In "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" he closes his eyes and the 'knot' bit you mentioned hovers up into the air (so it is involved like you said) and he kind of sees the landscape in shades of blue like a tinted sataellite imageing camera; whenever a living thing came into the picture they sorta glowed.
    I like KP's idea of Rotom and Darkrai teaming up but if you must chose one then I think Darkrai is more suited to Halloween. Rotom may be a ghost but he's not exactly scary, is he?
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

Yay for Lucario. I really liked that one. The dialogue was well written and I liked the "lore".

About Halloween: I can actually see the team-up happening, but if you need just one, Rotom already has 5 costumes.

Aw, that was cute. ^^ Sure, maybe all Lucario are protrayed as wise and mysterious, but he still was cool. And I loved how he could sense aura. It makes me believe it's actually natural, and not some sort of "using the force" thing.

IMO Rotom should be used for Halloween, because on Election Day, a new nightmare will begin. *shot*
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

Okay, so Rotom stays for Halloween. It's not something I could really make into a double, given that I have the story written down. As for the Lucario being wise, with that 'dex description, I saw that I could make him wise or make him manipulative evil... I went for wise.

A little while after I got the request for Quilava, I spotted a post on this board that someone liked to give an Everstone to their Quilava because it was the cutest of the three forms. I started wondering if there might be another non-game reason to not evolve this one.

In Process: Paras
    On Deck: Torterra, Nidorian male/female
    Reserve: Rotom (10/31)

QUILAVA
    Fire Red entry: This Pokemon is fully covered by nonflammable fur. It can withstand any kind of fire attack.

Flicker the Quilava lifted her head up. There were visitors, a dozen or so first graders and their teacher crowding around Malcolm, one of her three handlers. It was a pleasant surprise. Lowering her flames to appear friendlier, she left her station and padded over to them. “Oh, she’s pretty,” one of the girls said.

“Hey girl,” Malcolm said, scratching her head in front of her flames. “Yeah, this is Flicker, our station mascot.”

“But if you fight fires, why do you have a fire Pokemon for a mascot?” a boy asked.

“What’s this pink rock around her neck?” the girl who had seen her asked, kneeling by her to touch the heart-shaped pink rock.

“One question at a time, please,” their teacher reminded them.

“Well Flicker’s not just our mascot,” Malcolm said proudly. “She’s our guide into burning buildings. It’s very hard to see when dark smoke and bright flames are everywhere, plus our gear further reduces visibility. However, she sees just fine and is never hurt by the fire and smoke. So she leads us in dangerous situations.” The fireman touched her collar. “And this rock is a peculiar mineral called an Everstone. It somehow keeps a Pokemon from evolving.”

“So she’ll never grow up?”

“Not quite; she’s mature and well-mannered, as you can see. But we can’t have her evolving on this job. She’s a great guide as a Quilava, but if she grows into a Typlosion, then she’ll be a fire hazard herself. Which, unfortunately, we can’t have around on the job.”

Flicker was patient with the kids, letting the brave ones pet her. She also tried to keep her fiery mane and tail as cool as she could manage, in case one of them was thoughtless enough to touch that. But then the station alarm blared out a call to action. It was time to do their jobs.

“Sorry, but I have to ask you to leave,” Malcolm apologized. “Excuse me.” He ran off to get into uniform.

Flicker ran off too, just missing the fuss as the teacher started pulling her students out of the way of the fire engine. Back at her station, she slipped herself into the guide harness and face mask. She had to learn how to do it when she started as a fire guide, and quickly. Every minute counted and by the time the alarm had gone on for a minute, she was hopping onto her position on the fire engine.

Seconds later, Malcolm joined her. He had every part of his suit except the gloves on, having worked as a firefighter for many years. He secured the harness to Flicker, as she couldn’t manage the two buckles with her paws. Then he put his gloves on, took hold of her leash, and braced himself as the engine left the station. The kids were out there, some cheering, some covering their ears. But there wasn’t any time to pay attention to them now.

They raced down several streets to reach a house fire. It was a single level house, which made things easier, but the fire had spread rapidly. The house would likely be a total loss, but they had to gain control and make sure no one was inside. As the rest of the team went to hook up the hoses, Malcolm, Flicker, and another firefighter ran up to the front door.

The Quilava’s face mask was to prevent noxious fumes from making her sick, but it wasn’t as heavy duty as the ones the firefighters wore. She had to be able to smell out the situation. As flames spilled out a nearby window, she stood herself up to sniff the inside. Her sense of smell wasn’t as great as some other Pokemon, but she could tell the important smells. And what she sensed... she pawed at the window twice, but flicked her tail up and twisted her ears forward.

“There’s two people inside,” Malcolm translated for the rest of the team, “but Flicker smells flammable chemicals, still dangerous.”

“Take care as you head in,” the chief replied.

The second firefighter was already taking an axe to the door, as it was locked. He made quick work of it and soon Flicker and Malcolm were inside. Thick smoke was everywhere, but she walked low to the ground and relied more on her smell to guide her handler. Down a short hall and to the left, there was an old woman lying on the floor. She must have tripped trying to escape and couldn’t make it out on her own.

Flicker put a paw on Malcolm’s leg, to let him know that they had found her. He spoke to his peer, who put his axe aside and picked up the old woman. Then the Quilava tugged at her leash to lead Malcolm back into the hall, into the next room, then around a corner into another hall, then across that to a room where an old man was unconscious. She pawed at her handler’s leg again.

Carefully, Malcolm knelt down and picked up the old man. As he needed one hand free in cast of obstacles, he released a small pulley on Flicker’s leash, lengthening it. She led him back out of the house, avoiding a burning table on the way.

The ambulance had arrived while they were in the house; medics were already looking after the old woman. Malcolm placed the old man on a stretcher and left him to their care. Upon seeing them, the old woman cried out. “Oh! Is he...?” She couldn’t bring herself to ask if he had died.

“Flicker says he’s still alive,” Malcolm told her. “You should both be okay now.”

“Good, thank you so much for rescuing us.”

He smiled. “It’s more her doing, not mine.”

“Yes, thank you, loyal Pokemon.” She patted the Quilava’s nose weakly.

Flicker nuzzled against her hand, glad they were safe.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 19th October 2008 at 4:10 PM.

I knew a Quilava one would be good!
    It's my favorite starter.
    Can I request a Stunky story?

Oh, and there's one mistake at the end.
    You put mind instead of mine when Malcolm said, "It's more her doing, not mind."

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Quilava is by far my favorite starter, so you cna guess I loved this story
    It was written very well and is my second favorite I think...

I also saw that post about the cute Quilava

That was a good one.

The Everstone situation seemed like a more realistic use of the item. (I personally don't use them.)

Quilava is one of the best starters, but my favorite starter is still Grovyle.

That was a good one.

The Everstone situation seemed like a more realistic use of the item. (I personally don't use them.)

Quilava is one of the best starters, but my favorite starter is still Grovyle.

I did like that one, it was another very well thought-out position for a Pokemon to be in. However, I have just one criticism: there was zero description of the fire. Maybe it's just me, but I just felt that was missing and could have been better. Otherwise great, I'll still be reading =D

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast