Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Wow, I just got through reading most of your one-shots and they're great! I have to say that the Eevee one was my favorite.

I was wondering if you could do a Sneasel one, if you haven't already. Because Sneasel are the best. :P
    I put the laughter in slaughter.

Hi Crystic! I searched my list and do not have Sneasel on it, so that goes on the request list, with Magnezone and Probopass. I'll get to you in a bit, Zebtrestalala, but I've got the information on the front page too.

About the trashy coat bit, since I put it in a PMD setting (note use of Explorer's Guild), buildings wouldn't work the same. I picked cave as the best substitute, although a mystery dungeon might be more appropriate. Then again, you have to consider that Mothim was trying to trick her into being a Combee diversion.

Almost late, but I got it done on time. In honor of the lunar landing, I picked a Pokemon that loves the moon. Cause if I wasn't gonna be a writer, I'd have tried to be an astronaut... Also, I'm sorry for the Jigglypuff commentary, but this girl isn't a fan of them.

In Process: Wurmple/Beautifly/Dustox
    On Deck: Delibird, Magnezone/Probopass, Sneasel

CLEFAIRY
    Pearl entry: It flies using the wings on its back to collect moonlight. This Pokémon is difficult to find.

“The astronauts landed on the moon yesterday,” a girl said, skipping along the rocky mountain path. “An’ we all went to the Pokecenter an’ watched it on TV.”

A step behind her, her brother scanned the area. Recent reports warned of rock slides started by troublesome Geodudes. Those Pokemon were also known for tripping unwary travelers, like his sister. “I know. I saw it too in Cerulean.”

“An’ they found out that the moon isn’t made of green cheese,” she went on, not noticing that he was barely paying attention to the conversation. “It’s made of lots an’ lots of gray rocks. An’ craters. Some are little craters an’ some are greater craters.” She laughed.

“Yeah.” They were still under the tree line, so hardy pines were dotted around the path. This side of Mount Moon wasn’t that bad of a climb anyhow. Decades ago, a meteorite had crashed into the mountain, knocking off at least a hundred feet from the peak. Now it was a lopsided feature of the Kanto landscape.

“So when are we gonna find a Clefairy?”

“Hmm...” And odd Pokemon lived in the area. They got attracted to the meteorite. It was said that the space rock had a high magnetic field, so compasses got messed up close to it. In his years as a traveling Trainer, he’d learned to rely on other means to get around, over, and through the mountain. His family lived in Pewter, but the most important cities of Kanto were on the other side.

The girl grabbed his arm, nearly causing him to slip down the slope beside the path. “Hey, pay attention when I’m talking.”

“Watch it!” He stepped back from the edge and swatted her away. “This path is a bit dangerous. I’ve traveled it a lot, but don’t distract me.”

She frowned at him. “I was asking when we’ll find a Clefairy.”

“We won’t be.”

“What? But that’s the Pokemon I want to start with, a Clefairy! They are from the moon, you know. The astronauts brought one with them, like a guide I guess. An’ she was able to leave the spaceship without a space suit, while the people astronauts had to have space suits or they’d freeze instantly, or something like that.”

Holding his hand up, he shook his head. It was difficult to get a word in edgewise with her going on about subjects she liked, like the moon and outer space. “I said we won’t be. I’ve been over this mountain dozens of times going back and forth from Pewter to the east side of Kanto. Not once have I even seen a hair of a Clefairy.”

“But they’re supposed to be here,” she said, sticking her lower lip out in a pout.

“You’re better off finding a Jigglypuff at the foot of the mountain. I think you’d like one of them. They’re practically the same as Clefaries.”

“They are not. Clefairies are prettier.”

He threw his hands up. “How are they prettier? They’re both round, pink, and cute. They both sing well. Too well, cause my Pokemon keep falling asleep to Jigglypuff’s lullabies.”

“Clefaires got a prettier little curl of fur in front of their face,” the girl said, pulling a strand of her own straight hair in front and bending it up. “An’ Jigglypuffs have great big blue eyes. They’re creepy. Our neighbor has one an’ I bet he only blinks once a day. Clefairies have a prettier face that’s not creepy at all.”

“Well if you run into one, you’re welcome to catch it. But I’ve never seen one in person. Especially not here.”

The girl looked down, pouting to more effect. “But Mom told you to help me catch the Pokemon I want.”

“I know what she said,” he replied in annoyance. “But I can’t help you catch a Pokemon we’re not going to find.”

Spitefully, she didn’t speak to her brother the rest of the day.

-+-

That night, they camped at one of the public rest sites provided by the Pokemon League. Although her brother was asleep already, the girl couldn’t fall asleep. She was supposed to start her career as a Pokemon Trainer this weekend, and she wanted to start with a Clefairy. But her brother was only being as helpful as he had to be. He brought her out here and immediately tried to talk her into catching something else.

She left the shelter and lay on a rock to watch the stars. There was a full moon in the sky. Bright and mystical, yet there were people and Pokemon on its surface right now. That was amazing. And the stars were amazing too. According to scientists, there might be other planets around those stars. Would they have people and Pokemon on those planets too? It was an astounding thought that had fascinated her ever since she saw a movie about aliens and outer space a few months back.

Zip! A pink blur moved just in her range of sight.

Sitting up quickly, she caught a glimpse of a round pink Pokemon flying west. A Clefairy? Maybe. Old folk tales said that they came out under the full moon. The girl chased after it.

The pine needles tried to prick her and the pebbly path tried to trip her. But she persevered and came to a flat clearing. Flying around here were seven Clefairies. They talked in their own language, laughed with each other, and seemed to be having fun. Smiling, the girl stepped into their clearing.

As one, they stopped and turned to her. They were quiet.

For a moment, she thought that they would run away. But when they simply stayed where they were, she put her hands together. “Sorry, I just wanted to play with you.”

“Coo?” A couple of them looked to others. A few of them kept watching her. Making its small wings flutter, one flew closer to her. “Coo?”

She pointed up at the moon. “Hey, did you hear that the astronauts landed on the moon yesterday? An’ they took a Clefairy with them. I want to go to the moon.”

Deciding she must be all right, the Clefairies giggled. The one approaching her took her hand and smiled. “Kwi!”

They let her play with them, showing her how to dance in a round like they did. Several of them sang in their loveliest voices and others put on mime acts. But although the evening was fun, it was also enchanting. She never could remember it clearly later on, other then how beautifully they sang to the full moon.

In the morning, she woke up in the public rest area to her brother’s yelp. “Th-there’s actually a Clefairy here!”

“Cle fah!” the Clefairy echoed, laughing at him.

After blinking a moment, she realized that her brother was trying to find his Trainer belt, where his Pokemon team was stored. She hugged the Clefairy. “No, she’s mine! We’re gonna go to space together!”

Fifteen years later, they did precisely that.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

WOW! What a pretty story! You marveled me yet again. I give you a 9/10 for this.

Hi Ysavvryl,
    I've been away for ages, so thanks for doing that Tropius entry. It was good to get back and see so many cool new entries! I especially enjoyed Growlithe/Arcanine and Scyther/Scizor.
    Would it be ok if a couple of these pokemon made a cameo in my current work-in-progress? It's codenamed Blue Mackerel, to give you an idea.
    - PP

great story! i love that ending. that sounds pretty crazy to go from pokemon trainer to astronaut.

since you seem to be low on requests, can you do houndoom/ninetales? if youve done either then do houndour/vulpix. and if youve done either of those mix them up until you make a pair in which neither of them have been used already.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

I've been reading these oneshots for a while, and I must say hey are excellent. I was wondering if you could do a flygon one, though?

Dare you face the fearsome wrath of my dragon team?

Please click my egg so he will hatch.

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Hi everyone! I'll add Flygon to the request list. I'd like to do Ninetails on its own sometime, though, so I'll use Vulpix/Houndour.

Hmm, August is coming up... and I got no holidays for it. But it's been since Easter since I did a legendary. So how about a legendary one-shot for the fifteenth? Which one?

In Process: Delibird
    On Deck: Magnezone/Probopass, Sneasel, Vulpix/Houndour, Flygon

WURMPLE
    Ruby entry: Using the spikes on its rear end, Wumple peels the bark off trees and feeds on the sap that oozes out. This Pokemon's feet are tipped with suction pads that allow it to cling to glass without slipping.

BEAUTIFLY
    Ruby entry: Beautifly's favorite food is the sweet pollen of flowers. If you want to see this Pokemon, just leave a potted flower by an open window. Beautifly is sure to come looking for pollen.

DUSTOX
    Ruby entry: Dustox is instinctively drawn to light. Swarms of this Pokemon are attracted by the bright lights of cities, where they wreak havoc by stripping the leaves off roadside trees for food.

There was an inviting citrus floral scent; that was all the reason Beautifly needed to come here even this far into the evening time. He flew over the crowd of humans, searching. For some reason, they had gathered to listen to someone speak. The women were all in long dresses with lacy necks and exquisite buttons. The men were all in striped suits and low hats. With them were restless children and patient Pokemon.

Up on the staircase to the town hall, five men were gathered behind one speaking. “Therefore, in making Rustboro the most modern city in Hoenn, we are pleased to announce that the streetlight project is complete! In a brief time, our fair city will be safe to walk around in, as all shadows will be illuminated and no criminals can hide.”

There were cheers and claps to this announcement. But Beautifly didn’t care what the humans were up to. Where was that flower he was smelling? Although the scent was strong, he saw no plant to go along with it. He flew back, trying to pinpoint the source.

“And before long, our plan will come together to add more comfort and ease to our lives. The citizens of Rustboro will all have electrical resources to draw on, to light your homes and make them safe, to run machines to make your lives easier. We are headed into a glorious age where man controls electricity and, soon after, all the powers that only Pokemon have possessed thus far.”

Ignoring the crowd and speech, Beautifly was led back to one woman in a bright blue dress. There weren’t any flowers in her outfit, but the citrus floral was definitely coming off her. But there shouldn’t be any pollen on a human. Or was there? He came up on her while she was listening to the speech and gave a test lick to the strongest origin of the scent, her neck.

And immediately grimaced. The perfume tasted pungent, of alcohol and orange pith. Trying to wipe the taste off with his forelegs, he said, “<Pah! Ugh, that’s horrible.>”

Finally noticing him, the woman waved her hand up at him. “Shoo, leave me be.”

Beautifly flicked his wings at her, sending off itchy scales to irritate her skin. “<Stuuuupid. It’s not my fault if you taste disgusting.>” He flew off.

Away from the crowd, he caught another scent, that of a geranium. He followed that and found a flower box hanging by a window. It had a dozen red and orange geraniums in it and they had been left here, free for the taking.

“<Good, flowers at last,>” he said before taking in the tasty pollen.

“<Um,>” a small voice piped up. “<Um, could I get some help here?>”

“<What?>” Beautifly looked away from the flowers to the glass window in front of him. Hanging on there was a smaller Bug, a caterpillar with a red exoskeleton and a pair of horns on her head and tail end. “<Oh, hi Wurmple. Odd place to find one of you.>”

“<I’m a little confused,>” she replied. “<I climb up places to find trees, right? But I’ve climbed way up here and haven’t found any trees. I’m lost.>”

He glanced down; they were five stories up. “<You certainly are. This is a human building. There won’t be any trees on top of it.>”

“<Oh no.>” She moved down the glass a short ways to be closer to him. “<What do I do?>”

“<Get off it and go back to the forest, duh. Here, I’ll help in a minute.>”

“<Why not now?>”

“<I’m eating, geez. Let a Beautifly and his flowers be.>”

“<Sorry!>” she replied, scrunching up closer to the glass.

After he’d went through all twelve flowers, he picked Wurmple off the window and flew south with her. The sky was tinged with dark violet and evening. Knowing that he’d want to sleep as soon as it got dark, he stopped at the first set of trees and set her in a branch. “<Now stick to climbing trees for the time being, all right?>”

“<Sure, thank you.>” She crawled over to the trunk.

“<So, fall’s coming up. Have you decided what you’re going to evolve into?>”

She paused. “<Um... no, not really.>”

Beautifly twirled around, showing off his wings. “<You ought to become a Silcoon, so you can be a Beautifly like me. We’re better than the Dustox.>”

“<Really?>”

“<Of course! You don’t see these stunning yellow wings on them, do you? No! They have dusty purple wings that are shabby looking. A Beautifly is much more beautiful.>”

“<Yeah right!>” a voice called out. A Dustox fluttered into the tree. He landed and held his violet wings out. “<You guys look so gaudy. We’re much more dignified.>”

“<Dignified?>” Beautifly demanded. “<You lurk about in the night, like witches and goblins. You’re evil.>”

“<Ain’t no such thing as goblins. And your feelers are so flimsy.>”

“<Well they look better than your dumb old cone things.>”

“<I still dunno,>” Wurmple said. “<But I got time, I think.>” She crawled onto the trunk and began pulling up part of the bark to get at what she ate, tree sap.

The two males stared off for a minute. Then the Dustox added, “<So what’ve you done today? Mistaken some lady’s perfume for flowers.>”

“<YOU DID NOT SEE THAT!>”

He titled his head, then grinned. “<So you actually were that dumb?>”

Scowling, Beautifly flew off. He turned around for a second to call out, “<Stuuuuupid Dustox! I’ll beat the snot out of you in the morning.>” Then he darted off to find a place to sleep.

Dustox laughed. “<Yeah right. Man, those Beautiflies are so silly. I don’t see how they can make such an obvious mistake.>”

There was a white flash, followed by a soft hum. For the first time, electric streetlights brightened the city of Rustboro. It was dazzling, bewildering. It was human technology.

Over in the tree, Dustox was bewitched. “<The.... the... the stars? What happened to the stars? How’d they fall to the ground?>” He took off.

He approached one of the white lights, expecting it to stay infinitely far away as the stars always had. But no, it stayed put. He was able to get right up next to it and gaze into its unearthly beauty. It wasn’t quite what he had expected. Shaped like a cylinder with a rounded top and metal bottom, it held inside it a coiled wire that glowed intensely. A warmth came off it, so unlike the chill of previous starry nights. When he touched it, it was hard and smooth, like a glass window. Only, stars had nothing to do with windows. Right?

“<Oh my gosh,>” another Dustox said, coming up alongside him. “<The stars have blessed us by coming down to greet us.>”

“<Yeah.>” he replied. He felt his stomach grumble. “<I’m hungry, but I don’t want to go all the way back into the forest to eat. The stars are so pretty, even close up.>”

“<There’s a tree nearby,>” the other one said, not tearing her eyes from the white light. “<We can stay by it.>”

“<Is it really a star?>” a third Dustox asked, coming closer.

As the night progressed, more and more Dustox came into Rustboro to gaze at the lovely lights. In the morning, a great many people were angered that all the trees in the city had been chewed up by the mass of Pokemon from Petalburg Woods.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Yet another great entry!! I loved the part where all the dustox gather around the street lamp thinking it a star. Nice referencing.

Weren't you going to do an entry for Joe's birthday?
    And now that I think about it, one for the eclipse would have been cool, too.
    And how about a Giratia for August, since August is a barren month with no holidays or anything, just like the Torn World.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

for some reason, the Dustox sound like religious nuts when they're talking about the street lamps. Very funny! Keep it up!

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Sometimes I wonder if moths have a religion dedicated to streetlights.

As for why I haven't been here in nearly two weeks... busy. Plus writing lots of other stuff, in finishing off Ballad and trying to get back into Trial by Water. But I like the reasoning for Giratina in August. Looks like I'll be putting up that one next (hopefully not, though).

Delibird was really frustrating me for some reason. I don't know why, but I think the random explosions helped.

In Process: Magnezone/Probopass, Giratina (8/15)
    On Deck: Sneasel, Vulpix/Houndour, Flygon

DELIBIRD
    Leaf Green entry: It carries food bundled up in its tail. There was a famous explorer who managed to scale Mt. Everest thanks to a Delibird sharing its food.

“That’s not true!”

“Is so!”

“Is not!”

“Boys, stop,” the scoutmaster ordered, pushing the two apart. “Now what’s this argument about?”

“He’s making things up again,” Steve accused.

“I am not,” Mark replied. “I was telling the guys about the man who first climbed Mount Everest. It’s really dangerous up there, but a wild Delibird kept finding hm and giving him food. He wouldn’t have made it up to the peak if not for the Pokemon.”

“<It’s true!>” Mark’s Delibird squawked, flapping his wings in emphasis.

“Mark’s right in this case,” the scoutmaster said. “A wild Delibird brought him food like nuts, seeds, and dried berries as he climbed Mount Everest. It’s said that he tried to capture the Delibird after he started back down, but the Pokemon refused to be captured. Some lucky climbers of icy mountains do meet up with such Pokemon that help them on their way.”

“But if the Pokemon helped him, why did it refuse to go with him?” Steve asked. “That doesn’t make sense.”

“Not all Pokemon want to go off with a human,” the adult answered. “You have to respect their wishes. Are you done or just goofing off?”

“My group is working on the badge,” Mark said. “We were just scouting the area. Come on, Delibird!”

“<Haha, we did it!>” The red and white bird followed his Trainer with hops and flaps of his left wing. His right wing had to secure his unusual tail, which was shaped exactly like a cloth sack.

The area they were in was wild and grassy, at points hiding the boy and his Pokemon completely. Various Pidgies, Rattatas, and Duduos squalled at them as they ran by. Somewhere around here, there were paths, but they didn’t want to bother finding those. It was more adventurous to rush through the tall grass.

They burst out of the grass at a group of eight maple trees. Two other boys in the tan scout uniforms were sitting in one. “Hey guys!” Mark called up. “Mission successful!”

“Could you be quieter about it?” one of the boys replied. He watched the area through a camera.

“Sorry,” he said quieter, climbing up the tree to sit with them. “But I disrupted the other three groups so they had to waste time chasing us away.”

“Hah, then we’ll be done with it first,” the third boy said. They were working on a merit badge for Photography. One of the requirements was to complete a picture scavenger hunt of wild Pokemon. To make sure there was no cheating, any Pokemon on the list, like the camera boy’s Pidgey, had to wear a red ribbon all day.

However, Mark was not one to sit still and wait patiently. He decided on annoying the other teams while his two more serious friends got the pictures. The cover story of scouting out wild Pokemon was enough to fool the scoutmaster. If their group, as a whole, finished first, there would be a special prize. But he couldn’t make his annoyances too obvious, or the scoutmaster would catch on. He and Delibird were expert pests, though.

“How’s progress? I saw an Ekans over in another set of trees.”

“We got Ekans,” the third boy said, pointing to the list. “We’re doing good.”

“Just waiting on an Abra to come out of the grasses,” the camera boy added. “Those things are tough to get a picture of. They teleport off as soon as they sense your gaze on them.”

“I getting hungry, though.”

“No problem,” Mark said. “We came prepared with gorp, of course.”

“<Of course,>” Delibird echoed, opening the end of his tail sack. He pulled out a large plastic bag filled with a mixture of food.

“What’s gorp?” the third boy asked. “Sounds gross.”

He laughed. “Aw Benny, you’ve got to come camping more often. Good old raisins and peanuts, that’s what gorp is. But my Mom always adds M&Ms and marshmallows too.”

“That sounds great,” Benny said, taking a handful out of the bag.

“Yeah,” Mark replied, pulling out a handful for himself. He tossed a peanut at Delibird; he caught it with a snap of his beak. “I go hiking and camping lots, so I know it’s good to bring some gorp around. You never know if you’ll get lost or something.”

“Can you be quiet?” the camera boy asked. “The wild Pokemon won’t come out if you’re talking loudly.”

“Sorry Dan.” Mark was quiet.

For a while, anyhow. There were chirps and grunts from wild Pokemon all around them. On checking the list, Mark noted that Dan only had Abra, Weedle, and Volbeat left to get. Volbeat at least would only show up in the evening, while Weedle was easier to find then. Abra, though, that would be more or less a lucky shot.

“Hey,” he whispered. “How’re you gonna get the Abra out of hiding?”

“I was waiting for one to come out on its own,” Dan replied.

“<That’ll take too long,>” Delibird muttered. He opened his sack back up and searched for a bit. Then he pulled out a square white box with a fancy red ribbon tied around it. Odd, because it seemed like it should have taken up all the space in his tail. However, the Pokemon was used to the discrepancy and never gave it much thought.

“Where’d that come from?” Benny asked quietly.

Mark looked at his Pokemon and realized what he meant to do. “Oh shoot... Dan, be ready.”

“Ready for what?” the camera boy asked right as Delibird launched the present into the grass.

BOOM!

A cacophony of objections from wild Pokemon filled the air. Said Pokemon scattered all around, seeking shelter from further random explosions or seeking someone to blame for the day’s disruption. Over near the maple trees, a now-alert Abra appeared outside the grass, grumbling to itself and rubbing its eyes.

“There’s one,” Benny said, barely holding it from a shout.

“It’s not looking at us,” Dan grumbled. “It won’t be a good picture.”

“I know what to do,” Mark said, picking out a raisin from his handful of gorp. With the aim of an expert rascal, he tossed the dried fruit at the Abra’s head.

Already annoyed at the rude wake-up call, the Abra snatched it as if it were a weapon. It sniffed, then teleported away with the raisin. Other Pokemon began to settle down, but now watching warily.

“That might have been the only one around here,” Dan hissed, looking away from his camera.

“Did you get a picture of it?” Mark asked.

“It wasn’t a good shot.”

“But did you?”

“<Don’t worry,>” Delibird said, digging back through his sack. “<We can always try again.>” He pulled out another Present.

“Cut that out!” Dan shouted. The Pokemon ignored him and tossed the box away.

BOOM!

lol, nice story. i like the random explosions too, they add a nice touch to the story. and gorp, that was pretty funny.

i can imagine that the story was hard to write though, it hardly had anything to do with the entry itself. i guess you couldve written about the explorer them self, but whatever.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

hey, i really liked the delibird and yeah the explosions did add a nice touch to it

So yeah could you do a Kricketot/Kricketune one if you haven't done them allready
    I want your love and I want your revenge
    You and me could write a bad romance
    I want your love and all your lover's revenge
    You and me could write a bad romance
    Lady GaGa, Bad Romance

Ugh, late again >_< Shame on me.

“Sorry,” he said quieter, climbing up the tree to sit with them.
    Should be "more quietly", or "in a quieter voice".

Explosions! Oh how I love the sheer endless possibilities of explosions. XD And gorp is awesome. Acronyms FTW.

Great job, as usual~
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

I have found one of the most epic Pokedex entries ever! Unfortunately, it's for one I've already done. But for your amusement, here is Magikarp's Platinum entry: 'A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though.'

I got into a bit of a ramble about Mount Coronet here, but whatever. And I will add Kricketot and Kricketune.

In Process: Giratina (8/15)
    On Deck: Sneasel, Vulpix/Houndour, Flygon, Kricketot/Kricketune

MAGNETON
    Platinum entry: Many mysteriously appear when more sunspots dot the sun. They stop TV sets from displaying properly.

MAGNEZONE
    Platinum entry: A group tried to use scientific means to make Magnezone evolve, but their efforts ended in failure.

PROBOPASS
    D/P entry: It exudes strong magnetism from all over. It controls three small units called Mini-Noses.

The laboratory was spotless, as most rooms of its kind tend to be. It had various tools, devices, computers, and markerboards, also like its kind. However, this lab was different in a few significant ways. Firstly, there were no monitors of any kind in the lab itself. They had all been removed, as the subject of this experiment was a Magneton, a Pokemon that emitted a heavy electromagnetic presence simply by living. Also because of the Magneton, all the computer and electronic equipment was covered in insulating and shielding material. The material made everything appear to be large and puffy, like giant metal marshmallows.

Also unique to this lab was the massive magnetic field generator. The force this machine generated was astounding, enough to cause objects to defy gravity. Since it was the only way to truly replicate a weightless environment on Earth, scientists used it to find ways of making the astronauts’ work safer and more comfortable.

Today, the lab was looking into a very different field: Pokemon evolution. The leader of this experiment was here. Professor Rowan was an older gentleman, strict but kind. Some students feared getting assigned to him, while others held him as a kind of scientific idol. “Start with the readings we got on the lower altitudes,” he instructed.

“Yes sir,” a technician said. They were in an observation room next door, where they could watch the experiment without coming into contact with the electromagnetic forces.

With them was the Magneton’s owner, and Rowan’s youngest student. Lucas was just twelve, but he had worked with the renown Professor for two years already. The boy drew his chair close to the window, watching as his Pokemon looked about the room it was in. “I hope he’s all right with this. I haven’t let him out without me around since I caught him as a Magnemite.”

“He’s got Mikey in there,” the technician said, speaking of his Probopass. “Mikey’s used to this machine, so it should be all right.”

In the lab itself, a rocky blue Pokemon sat just outside the magnetic field area. The Probopass emitted its own strong magnetic field, but was able to manipulate it so that it didn’t affect the experiment area. “<It doesn’t hurt,>” he told the younger Pokemon. “<At worst, it’s like a massive full-body tickle.>”

The Magneton blinked all three eyes at once. “<Tickle? I hope it doesn’t make me fire sparks. I don’t want to get in trouble for messing up their equipment.>”

“<Oh, this stuff is tough. It can take a direct hit of Thunder.>”

Magneton drifted closer to Mikey. “<What about you?>”

“<I’ll be fine, don’t you worry.>” A direct hit of Thunder would hurt, Mikey thought, but he’d been left in here to keep Magneton company. And calm.

The machinery in the walls started up a hum as the electromagnetic field started up. Magneton moved back to the center of the area. As Mikey had said, it didn’t feel any different from being near a powerful electric source. Only, this was the most powerful electromagnetic force it had ever felt.

“<Whoa, I feel really energized,>” Magneton buzzed, turning in place. “<Like I wouldn’t need a change-up for a whole year.>”

“<Like you could change?>” the Probopass asked, knowing what the experiment was about.

It considered the energy, then dropped a few inches. “<No. Why would I change?>”

“<Just wait,>” Mikey said. “<They’ve got a lot of data to replicate. I could check the field stability, if you like.>”

“<It feels all right, but I’ve never been in here before,>” Magneton replied, now worried that something had gone wrong. Lucas had been excited about this experiment and it didn’t want to disappoint him.

“<I know what it’s capable of.>” He released three small rocks which resembled his large red nose almost exactly. The Mini-Noses floated into the magnetic field and moved around in a circle. After they returned to Mikey, he checked the data. “<It seems to be working just fine.>” He lifted his hat in a positive manner to let the technician know that everything looking okay.

“Thanks Mikey,” the technician called over the intercom. As his Pokemon had suggested, he was taking his time going through the magnetic readings taken from Mount Coronet. But even as he went through the most powerful of the magnetic pulses, Lucas’ Magneton showed no inclination of evolving. “We’ve got nothing for today.”

“Hmm,” Rowan mused, rubbing his chin. “We may have to seek out other individuals for testing.”

“Is something wrong with mine, sir?” Lucas asked worriedly.

“I don’t think so. But I don’t want to hold your team back just for this experiment.”

“I could still take some equipment with me,” the boy offered.

“That would be helpful, thank you,” Rowan answered with a nod.

Lucas smiled proudly.

-+-

The next time Magneton was released from its Pokeball, it was at Mount Coronet. It had been here once before with Lucas, as a Magnemite. And yes, it was exactly as he remembered it: a holy mountain with a natural electromagnetic field that heightened all of his senses. It wasn’t anything like the lab created field; this magnetism was special, almost enough to be called divine. Lucas had said that there were two Pokemon powerful enough to be gods at the top of the mountain. Perhaps even three.

There was a large black cube sitting next to Lucas. “It’s a scanning device,” the boy told his Pokemon. “The Professor wants me to take as many readings as possible, even some that don’t seem all that important like air flow and humidity. We want to know what’s so special about this environment.”

“<It’s special, all right,>” Magneton said in a series of hisses and whistles. “<It isn’t just about electricity either. There’s such a powerful force of life here. Almost as if the mountain itself is alive.>”

“I always feel an odd sense of calm when I come here,” Lucas mused, unknowingly on the same thought as his Pokemon. “Like someone is watching me around here, but I know there’s no danger. I know it’s going to turn out all right, at least I feel that way when I’m here. I wonder if those stories are true, that the world started here and its creator still rests somewhere nearby.”

“<What’re you thinking of doing?>”

He noticed his Pokemon looking at him curiously, then laughed nervously and scratched his head. “I don’t mean to try looking for the creator, at least not now. I know I got very lucky in seeing the ones I did see at the peak... I was just thinking, if explorers have gone through all these passages, why hasn’t anyone come across any signs that the Original One lives here? They said Dialga and Palkia weren’t real, but then they were right there...” his mind drifted off again.

“<I hope I get to help you in whatever you do,>” Magneton said.

Then it felt something shift about its electrical balance. The mountain’s power filtered into its own and was causing great change. Relaxing, the Pokemon let it happen; Lucas must have noticed, but he didn’t say anything. Magneton’s three bodies, which had come from three individuals, fully fused into one being. The alpha unit grew largest, forming a head at the top center of its body while the beta units stayed the same, moving out to controlling a limb magnet each. It also formed a circular disk for a main body, large enough to house its own electrical generator. Although it took a few minutes for its new power to settle down and adjust, it felt amazing mental and physical unity as a Magnezone.

Its Trainer smiled at it. “You look awesome. I hope the date recorded. It hasn’t seemed any different being here than at the lab, though. Well, at least what the computer sensors say, yet you wouldn’t evolve until just now.”

“<It’s the holy atmosphere of the mountain.>” Unfortunately, that wasn’t something it could tell the humans.

Lucas was thinking. “I wonder if it has anything to do with the sunspots. The Professor says there’s a eleven year cycle to solar weather and this is the peak time for sunspots appearing. And this is also the time when Magnemites go through a sudden boost in population, causing more Magnetons to form. And eventually even Magnezones like yourself, if they’re in certain areas. I don’t get it. Man, I’ve got a lot more science to catch up on.”

“<I’m sure you’ll figure out what I’m trying to tell you someday,>” Magnezone replied.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 13th August 2009 at 4:53 PM.

Sorry I haven't been replying to these lately, but rest assured, I HAVE been reading them. They're all as fantastic as ever.

Oh, and if you did want to do one on that Platinum Magikarp entry, believe me, I wouldn't complain.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    Since it was the only way to truly replicate a weightless environment on Earth, scientists used it to find what was making the astronauts’ work safer and more comfortable.
    I think thats the right correction.

Other than that, I think the stories are great, I really liked the Wurmple/Bueatifly/Dustox entry, hit the nail on the head with that one. Also for the Mothim/Wormadam/Burmy one, I never really thought Mothim had a hat, but now that you mention it I kinda see it. Other than that, keep up the good work, and I would like a story that uses Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr, or any combo of 1 member of each line, like Totodile/Quilava/Meganium etc. If not, then a Kingdra entry would be nice.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

If I may suggest one thing Ysavvryl, put the dex entries below the chapter, not above it. Once I read the entries, it takes away some fun from the story. It's better not knowing what we are getting into.

Another request - do the legendary dog trio. They are my most favorite legendary set ever.

@foxyman: Actually, it was supposed to be 'ways'. That is something based on real science, along with a couple of other things in the story. But thanks for finding it.

I'll think about putting the entries at the bottom, but I like them where they are.

nice story. i liked how it only evolved when they were actually there. i noticed a mistake though.

The Professor says there’s an eleven year cycle to solar weather and this is the peak time for sunspots appearing.
    it should be an, not a.

and i thought that this line was pretty funny.

The material made everything appear to be large and puffy, like giant metal marshmallows.

So I decided to try putting the entry at the end anyhow. Tell me how it works out. And I like this one. It wasn't what I thought it would be when Giratina got suggested. But I'm tempted to take the third full paragraph with a few others and make a commercial for this thread.

About doing the three Johto starters, I'll have to run through my reference file and figure out which ones I've done.

In Process: Sneasel
    On Deck: Vulpix/Houndour, Flygon, Kricketot/Kricketune, Kingdra

GIRATINA

What that phrase again? The one about people who are laze-abouts and do nothing all day except stare at the TV? The people who are so utterly boring and dull in mind that they make most people cringe at the thought of spending time with them, because the person will be half in the conversation and half in the TV... Couch potatoes? Yeah, that’s it. That’s what I’m looking for.

I’m the world’s biggest couch potato.

Now that’s not what I was looking to become. Obviously. I mean, who would want to be known as a couch potato? I hadn’t and I denied it for several hundred years before I had to admit it to myself. And really, just what is it that I’m doing now? I zone out on the coziest chunk of land in the Distortion World and watch the other side constantly, snoozing through the boring parts and eating junk food like ice cream, soda, and potato chips.

And these aren’t the potato chips you’re familiar with, little human. These are me-sized potato chips, big enough to roof your puny house with. I’ve got sour cream and onion flavored ones now. I’d offer you one, but it would probably go stale before you could finish it.

No, this isn’t what I envisioned myself doing all that time ago. I was one of the top Pokemon back then, you know. I was the great and mighty Giratina! When I entered the battlefield, other Pokemon quivered in fear. You think you can stop me with your puny Hyper Beam? Hah! I’m a Ghost as well as a Dragon, so eat Draco Meteor, noob! Ah, those were the days. I was near unstoppable.

But then they said that I was too violent and had to go. Too violent? That’s utterly ridiculous. I’m no more violent than any other Pokemon. Look at all those Fight Pokemon that pummel their best friends out of kinship. Look at Gyarados, who smashes everything in its path if it loses its temper. I may like, no, love battle, but so do many others and they don’t get sealed away in vacant dimensions.

I know the real reason they sealed me: size bias. Everybody thinks I’m too big. Well it’s not my fault that I’m the largest Pokemon ever. I was created around the same time Dialga and Palkia were, when space wasn’t fully formed. So nobody knew I’d be this much of a giant. Certainly not me.

I did not influence how big I was made! Sheesh. Are you on Palkia’s side? They’re such jealous Pokemon. Those two twins can’t even stand each other. And they both hate me for some reason. Probably because I beat them both all the time in battle.

Can you see my point? It’s not my fault that I can squish you into a gooey puddle in one step. And if I could keep my levitating form, nobody’d have to worry about that. I could learn to be careful. It would be an awful pain learning how to battle without flattening the battlefield on accident, but I would try.

So when I first got sealed here, I was furious. And who wouldn’t be, shut away on the excuse of being excessively violent? First I tried to smash through the walls of this dimension. This place is on the opposite side of your world. How can it be so when the world is round? Simple; just look in a mirror. That leads to another dimension where everything is reversed. So I thought if I found the right mirror and smashed it, I could escape. But no dice there.

Then I searched for some other people to fight with. I’ve found that you can get good information by smacking around the right person. However, there is no one here aside from me. Never was... I’d say never will be, but then you’re here. You’ll have to tell me how you got in here from your world. Once I remove your mouth gag, that is.

As finding that I was truly alone, I got even more furious. I began fighting the landscape for lack of anything else to fight. That’s why everything’s smashed up like it is. And then, something horrible happened. Something so horribly awful that I never thought it would happen at all. I got bored with battling.

Seriously, that is the worst thing ever. It’s like becoming bored with life itself. I got bored with turning boulders into dust. I got bored with pretending my former ‘friends’ were in the ground and stomping them flat. I even got bored with summoning Draco Meteor. After realizing that there was truly not escape, I got deeply depressed and wept for ages.

Don’t go giving me that look. Even the toughest guys can cry in terrible situations. You don’t believe me? Fine, but don’t go swimming in that big lake over there. It’s very salty.

Anyhow, back to my story. After I’d been crying for that long, I stopped and pretended that nothing was wrong. I told myself that if they didn’t want me, then fine, I didn’t want them either. I pointed out the nice things about living in a dimension all by yourself. There’s nobody around to be polite to, so you can belch as loudly as you like. Want to hear that? No? Shame, it’s quite impressive.

And as I was a master of dimensions, I could make just about anything I wanted appear. Any food I want, I just use my power to find it elsewhere, and here it is. If I want dummy target for battling, I can have one in the form of any being I want. If I want a trampoline, I’ve got it in a minute.

What, you don’t like trampolines? I admit, it was hard finding one that could stand up to my bulk. But it was worth it when I got one I could use. Such fun. But that phase didn’t last. I started up a list of ‘5000 Reasons I Am Awesome’, you know, just in case I got a chance to escape or get that list out. And I got this far:

‘1498: I am Grandiose Supreme Emperor King of my own Dimension.’
    ‘1499: And I can do whatever I want in it except escape.’

So close to 1500. But I saw that and started bawling again. See that smaller lake down there? Also very salty.

Another thing I can’t do in here is bring in living creatures like yourself. So I’ve got this list of almost 1500 reasons why I am awesome and nobody can read it. I’d show it to you now, but if it fell on you, you’d probably die. And I’ve also got nobody to talk to most of the time.

Which became a problem when I finally solved my depression, sort of. As I started to calm down a second time, I had a brilliant idea. Why not bring in a mirror to watch the livelier side of the world? The mirror didn’t work out that well, since it always showed one view. Usually a bathroom, and people do weird stuff in the bathroom. But in one mirror, I saw a TV. I summoned that. The first one was incredibly tiny, to me anyhow. I managed to resize it to where I could watch comfortably.

I thought it wouldn’t solve my boredom problems completely, but I soon got addicted to watching your world. It’s way better than watching your actual TV shows... except maybe game shows. I tune in to those on occasion. Anyhow, with watching real people, there’s no staging, no acting. Everyone is natural, who they are and no more. There’s no hurrying the scene along, so I’m often hooked into watching one person’s drama in order to find out the results of something they chose to do, or not do.

At first, I tried talking to the people on the screen. I would watch battles and yell at Trainers who use dumb moves or bad strategies. I would watch a school and try to call the real answer out to the nervous kid. I would watch a couple and tell her to just dump him already because he’s still cheating on her and he isn’t about to stop any time soon.

Okay, so maybe I get a little bit passionate sometimes. At least I did then. But I realized that nothing I said or suggested made a difference. You humans never know if I’m watching you. You never hear what I have to say and you keep making dumb choices even though hundreds of your ancestors have suffered for the same mistakes. So I slowed down on my commentaries until I fully became a couch potato, watching passive and silent as you live your lives for the wiser or dumber.

Yeah, so here I am, once the great and mighty Giratina, now just a quiet loser. But I’ve been seeing things about this group called Team Galactic, that they’re trying to manipulate time, space, and dimension. It’s silly of them to try. But if you got in here, maybe they can. In that case, I might want to get back into shape.

If I can get the right motivation, that is.

Platinum entry: It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World.

oh my god, that is one of the funniest stories youve ever writen. lol, these lines are great:

And these aren’t the potato chips you’re familiar with, little human. These are me-sized potato chips, big enough to roof your puny house with. I’ve got sour cream and onion flavored ones now. I’d offer you one, but it would probably go stale before you could finish it.
    Don’t go giving me that look. Even the toughest guys can cry in terrible situations. You don’t believe me? Fine, but don’t go swimming in that big lake over there. It’s very salty.
    I pointed out the nice things about living in a dimension all by yourself. There’s nobody around to be polite to, so you can belch as loudly as you like. Want to hear that? No? Shame, it’s quite impressive.
    So I’ve got this list of almost 1500 reasons why I am awesome and nobody can read it. I’d show it to you now, but if it fell on you, you’d probably die.
    i also like having the entry at the bottom. it made the story funnier, not getting the part where it watches silently.

i noticed one mistake, but i forgot where it was.

anyway, great story!

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post

LMFAO!

That was one of the funniest one-shots of yours! Great job!
    Thanks for trying out the different format! It did work for me.

Now, what about the legendary dogs, eh?

Aw, poor Giratina. I knew those other legendaries were being meanies. *pats Giratina*

Anywho, that was hilarious! I about died at the mental image of a huge dark dragon bouncing on a trampoline. XDDD I also quite liked the repitition of these bits, they helped drive home the point while being ridiculously funny at the same time.

So close to 1500. But I saw that and started bawling again. See that smaller lake down there? Also very salty.
    As for the new format, I quite liked it. It was great coming into the story without knowing beforehand what was going to come. Excellent job ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

That Giratina one-shot was great! I liked how it was an explanation by the pokemon itself. It really showed character; like all that time in the distortion world made him insane. But now I kind of lost some respect for Giratina. Although I can relate to it more because I'm a couch potato too! Let us raise a legion of couch potatoes! Keep up the good work!
    I put the laughter in slaughter.

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast