Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

@darkdragontamer: Actually, the thug aspect was intentional. Imperfect hero, you see.

@kuriboh: Hi! If you'd like to post your one-shot in this thread, remember to send it to me first. And just to say it, I do like Meganium (Picked Bayleaf in Colosseum and Chikorita in Crystal), I just felt like portraying it differently.

So it's my birthday again. I won't say how old I am, but I'll say that it's not thirty. So my pick this year is my favorite type, Psychic. I started with the first gen Pokemon games, so this may be biased because of that. But I still like Psychics even though they've been weakened in being balanced. Psychic powers are nearly always a feature in my longer stories.

And on a side note, this pair makes a nice contrast on a philosophical level. Mind vs body is a reoccurring debate among philosophers and these two Pokemon, despite both being a 'mental' type, show this nicely. Kazza showed up in the PNG RPG, while Franklin... I dunno where I picked that name from.

The next story looks to be an interesting challenge.

In Process: Cyndaquil/Yanma/Ralts
    On Deck: Gorebyss, Houndoom, Wigglytuff/Duskull
    Reserve: Celebi (10/21)

ALAKAZAM and KIRLIA

Up in a cave, high on the snowy mountain, there lived a Pokemon Sage. He was said to be an Alakazam of great age and power, and that he had solved many mysteries of life. Some brave adventurers climbed up the treacherous path to ask for advice, insight, or wisdom. On occasion, explorers would seek him out to find information on mysterious artifacts, or ancient enigmas. They came back down and spread the word that the Sage could solve any problem.

One morning as the sun sparkled off the constant snowpack, a Kirlia made his way up the path to the Sage. He was alone; one would think that it would make him wary, but instead he skipped and spun on his way. He skated on the icy surfaces, daring to skid close to the edge and a thousand feet fall, but never losing his footing. All he required for the dance was the music of his memories and thoughts of another blessed way to begin a day.

At the entrance to the Sage’s cave, the Kirlia stopped, causing his green skirt to flare up and back. He made a gracious bow, pointing his toes gracefully. “I am Franklin the Kirlia. I seek the Sage Kazza.”

“I have been expecting you,” an airy voice came from within the cave. “Enter.”

“Thank you.” He bowed again, then came in with a skip to his step. “So you speak not with your voice, but by manipulating the air itself? That is quite impressive.”

“It is my process of deconstructing the ordinary,” the Sage replied. “Would you explain why you have come?”

Franklin gave a whirl. “Oh yes. A month ago, I was delving into what the future held.”

“By tearing holes in the dimensional fabric and forcing Time to show you its hand.”

“That is so,” he admitted. “You cannot expect to read time without tearing something ephemeral apart. When I looked at the future, I saw myself speaking to you. So I made preparations, crossed the Aquean Sea, passed through the Sienna Foothills, found my way about the Icy Mountains, and finally, climbed this mountain to its peak to meet with you.” He stopped and bowed again. The area he had stopped in was a circular room with four torches. However, there was no sign of the Alakazam aside from the aura of Psychic power he gave off.

There was quiet for a moment, then Kazza asked, “Yes, but why have you come here?”

“I told you: because I saw myself speaking to you.”

“About what?”

Franklin shifted his weight onto one foot and stood there. “I don’t know.”

“Are you trying to figure out what evolution you should seek next?”

“No,” the Kirlia replied. “I am happy as I am. When the time comes, I will know what I want.”

“Are you trying to solve some riddle?”

“Um,” he changed the foot he was standing on. “No. I prefer to solve them myself.”

“Are you trying to find something?”

“Only why I’ve come here.” He swung his foot out, making himself twirl. “But I am sure I will have no regrets for doing so.”

“Franklin, you’ve come a long ways. Surely there’s some reason other than you simply saw yourself coming.”

“No. Just that.”

Kazza made a sighing sound, which amused Franklin because the Alakazam went to the effort of forcing the air to make that sound. “You just saw yourself talking to me?”

“That’s right.”

“Did you see me in your vision?”

“Hmm, what an odd question.” The Kirlia twirled a few times, thinking. “No, I don’t believe so,” he finally announced. “I knew that you were there in the room with me, as I know that you are here in the room with me. But where, that is a peculiar question too.”

“It doesn’t matter. And I must also ask why you’ve been dancing since you woke up this morning. The path to this cave is icy and treacherous, yet you came waltzing up here whimsically.”

He laughed. “It’s more of a ballet than a waltz. A waltz is a step, step, turn, step, step, turn, while ballet is what you make of the music.” He demonstrated as he spoke, then bowed deeply with both feet on the floor.

“But why do you dance?”

“I dance because it is a good morning. When I look into the future, I see bad days approaching. No one likes bad days, so when I see one coming, I take steps to avoid, undo, or endure it. I wake up to that morning and if it is a good day, I am glad and dance for joy. And then other times there are good mornings when I have not sought one out. Someone must have made that morning good, and so I dance in celebration of that someone’s work.”

Kazza considered this. “If it is your power, then so be it.”

“And,” Franklin said with a dramatic flair, “I know where you are now.”

“You do?” he asked in surprise.

“Yes.” He twirled, then spun down to the floor and looked down into the ice sheet. “There you are. I saw a spot of brown when I last bowed, and there you are. You must fool others by forming your voice in the upper part of the room.”

“Yes, that is the trick of it. It is my own riddle; no one has yet solved it.”

He put a hand to his cheek. “So simple, it works elegantly. But I sense that you only tell half the truth. So, why are you there, frozen in the ice?”

It was quiet for a minute, so Franklin spun himself around to get up. Then Kazza explained, in an embarrassed tone, “It was originally an accident. I came up here because I was fed up with life below. I wanted peace and quiet in order to think and meditate. So I got all the way up here and found this cave. I placed myself on the floor and went deep into meditation. Unfortunately, I went so deep that the ice grew over me.”

“How do you survive down there? There is no food, no air.”

“There is a pocket of air, with a pair of vent shafts I formed out with precise and tiny psychic taps. And there is ice, which I can melt for water. As for food, I endure hunger as part of my trial.”

“How long is your trial? You would need to come out at some point, or die down there and be forgotten when explorers come to find you and don’t.”

“I have considered coming out in recent times. I know how to do it. With those torches, I can melt out the ice. With my power, I can form trenches so the water does not drain and drown me.”

“Why not blast your way out?”

“And risk all this ice collapsing on me? There are air pockets so I do not feel the full weight of the ice pack. At this point, it would crush me if the ice shattered. It will take a lot of time, but it will work.”

Franklin moved back, to be in line with a pair of torches. “It is a fine plan, but what if hunger weakens you and the time works against you?”

“There is that possibility…” Kazza admitted.

“Well there is plenty of space in this cavity. Why don’t I shave the ice from above while you work with the torches to soften it and watch the air bubbles? It would work faster that way.”

“It would,” he admitted reluctantly.

“I offer my help freely, so there is no need to be stingy with acceptance.” He stopped dancing for the time being and focused his mind on digging up the ice. When he flipped one large sheet out to the back of the cavern, Kazza dumped the torches over and began assisting.

As the ice sheet had grown and shifted considerably over the years, it took some time to dig the Alakazam out. With a massive pile of ice beside the hole, Franklin hopped down the steps he had formed to where Kazza’s body was now a quarter out of the ice. He helped to break the last bits of ice trapping him. Then, Kazza lifted his body like a ragdoll with his telekinetic powers. He floated this way towards the exit of the cave, so Franklin hurried up and out after him.

Kazza was lying limply against the ice sheet that formed his cave. His ice-encrusted eyes were slow to open, but soon shut again. “Ach, so bright after being in that cave.”

Franklin pulled out a Rawst berry. “Here, this food is spicy enough to warm your blood, and get rid of that frostbite.”

“The body is not as important as the mind.” He brought his hand up, awkwardly like a stringed puppet. But he managed to take the berry and eat it. “But thank you.”

Franklin spun around. “If that is your power, then so be it. Come, we shall go down to the nearest village and get you taken care of properly.”

“I left so that most people would stop bothering me,” Kazza said. “I do not want to be helping with every little problem that comes along. They are simple enough to be mind-numbing. When people ask me simple things, I think it would be best for their minds if they figured it out themselves.”

“I suppose I could agree with that.” He leapt and turned back to the Alakazam, spreading his arms wide. “Well there are many other obscure hidden places to go in the world, places where you’re less likely to be frozen alive. I’m sure one of them should be suitable to you.”

“Mmm,” Franklin had the impression that he was nodding in agreement, although all that came from his body was an awkward jerk. “There are many places in the world.”

They went out in search of those hidden places.

Emerald entry: While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam’s muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.

Emerald entry: A Kirlia has the psychic power to create a rip in the dimensions and see into the future. It is said to dance with pleasure on sunny mornings.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Franklin is cute. *imagines a dancing Kirlia and grins* Awwww. Great one-shot!
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

nice story! you once again use your trademark gender switch to show a generally gender-biased pokemon as the other gender. i did notice one mistake. not grammatical, but pokemon related.

Franklin pulled out a Rawst berry. “Here, this food is spicy enough to warm your blood, and get rid of that frostbite.”
    it is the aspear berry that heals freezing. the rawst berry heals burn, so i would assume giving a frozen pokemon a rawst berry would make it worse.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

Male Kirlia are made of win. Just so you know. XD

“Um,” he changed the foot he was standing on. “No. I prefer to solve them myself.”
    The punctuation here is a bit awkward. You should capitalize the H in "he" and either change the comma to an ellipses, or change it to a period.

Then, Kazza lifted his body like a ragdoll with his telekinetic powers.
    Can I just say that this is reminiscent of some awesome voodoo magic. Although, there should be an "own" between the bolded words, to prevent any misconception that he might be lifting Franklin's body instead.

“Well, there are many other obscure hidden places to go in the world,
    Bolded comma should be added.

Wow, Kazza was really okay with being entombed in ice? Crazy stuff. *shiver* Excellent job overall.

Oh, and happy birthday Ysavvryl~
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Another one shot!! Well, let's see... Cool! A male Kirlia and he's got a nice cheerful personality despite the fact that he is a male in a female's body. I wonder, if he gets teased... Hmm... Well, I'm just saying that I love Franklin and at first, I thought Franklin was a fool. Because, he merely came to meet Kazza because he saw it in the future but I guess I was wrong. He he. Hmm... I can't believe that Kazza is actually rather satisfied being frozen in ice and standing hunger for *insert how many days*. Keep up the good work, buddy!
    "Awesomeness is a trait gained not genetically, but through hard work and effort ."
    -Kuriboh361

Nice one!

Oh, let me guess- you got the Alakazam's name from the nickname of that Abra someone trades you in Oreburgh City, right? I have it in my PC, I use that and all my other ingame-trade-gotten Pokemon for a better shot at the lottery.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I have to say only one thing. WOW. Not only is this wonderful, but it's also one of the things that got me to join. Thanks for making this, and can I request a Charizard/Swablu combo?

EDIT: Also, may I be on the PM list?
    Last edited by mr.lex; 5th October 2009 at 9:01 PM.
    Help stop the attack of vampires in Haiti by donating $5 and some bullets. For a picture of the leader, click here. Be warned, as he can cause complete insanity.

Proud owner of 85 double barreled shotguns. Consider yourself warned.

Complete and utter proof that Nintendo has lost it's mind.

Hey Ysavvryl, I keep forgetting to post reviews. So here goes,

I absolutely loved the kingdra story. That is the kind of story I approve. I give you 8/10 for this.

The meganium/typhlosion story was again different. I like how you showed the evil side of the ever-goody-goody meganium. Everyone would have swapped the characters. I give you 6.5/10 on this.

Cheers!

Busy week.

@mr.lex: Hey there, sure, I'll add you to the list (you know already, but hey!). Charizard/Swablu is a pretty interesting combo; I'll add that.

In Process: Gorebyss
    On Deck: Houndoom, Wigglytuff/Duskull, Charizard/Swablu
    Reserve: Celebi (10/21)

YANMA, CYNDAQUIL, and RALTS

“Hmmm…” Yanma paused and hovered where he was four feet in the air. He examined the forest around him. He could do this in one look, but he still turned on one spot. When he was facing the other direction, the smaller dragonfly darted out of its hiding spot and shot away.

Laughing heartily, the Pokemon insect flipped in place and raced after it upside down. The dragonfly noticed and freaked out. Trying to escape, it zigzagged in and around trees to lose its predator. But the Yanma was not deterred. He could have caught it when he first spotted the prey. That was no fun, though. Instead, he held back just enough to keep pace with the little bug.

Even though it was a simple thing, he called out, “There’s nowhere to hide, fool, and you can’t run fast enough! I can see through your mistakes. You will soon be mine!”

-+-

The forest was spooky, even in the day. Bushes grew where trees didn’t, making it hard to see far. Below her paws, old leaves and sticks were impossible to avoid, making crunching and crushing noises that could make her easy to track. Hidden rocks had sharp points and many bushes had irritating prickly burrs. She was lost. But even if she could find her way, it might not be any better if she went back.

Cyndaquil had gotten into trouble back home. She hadn’t meant to. She had just wanted a closer look at the old vase. A beautiful old object, it had a colorful painting of Latios and Latias on it, flying in a pastoral paradise. Maybe it was just imaginary, but maybe it was a real place. There were stars in the sky of the vase, but not in the same positions as they were in the sky above Treasure Town.

Thinking about this, Cyndaquil had wondered if she could take measurements of the stars and figure out, by math, where the Latis were. That would be a great discovery, one made not because she was a great explorer, but because she was a nerd that the young explorers liked to make fun of. But in trying to measure the relations of the stars, she had knocked the vase off its stand. It had shattered into many sharp fragments.

The whole town had been excited about the discovery of the Lati vase, making its discoverers even more famous. They were a band of strong explorers, but kind and generous to everyone. Thus, everyone loved and admired them. She had broken their precious vase.

As another bunch of leaves crunched under her dark blue paws, she shuddered and wondered if she should have gone somewhere other than these woods. She had just gone in one direction and wound up here. But she was afraid of what these woods would become at night, when it would be harder to see and the nocturnal Pokemon would tease a lost person.

“There’s nowhere to hide fool,” a crazed shout came through the trees, “and you can’t run fast enough! I can see through your mistakes. You will soon be mine!”

Someone was after her? Cyndaquil ran ahead, sending leaves and dirt flying. But when she passed through a bush, there turned out to be a slope behind it. She curled her body up and rolled down, crashing into another bush. After peeking around, she decided to remain curled up and hiding. Maybe whoever it was would pass by without finding her.

-+-

“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,” Ralts murmured to herself on her way through the spooky woods. She wasn’t supposed to be here on her own. She was supposed to be with her teammates. Then again, it wasn’t her fault she was alone.

She was part of a large and famous explorer team, large enough that there was talk of splitting the guild and team to have smaller, more manageable groups. Today, she had been put with one of the purposed leaders of the new groups, Gastly. However, Gastly didn’t like her and he creeped her out. So she had been ditched partway in the woods.

Before they had left, her teammates had done something worrying. “Let’s forget about the job and go looking for that cave,” Gastly had said. “There should be some great treasure in there.”

“But what about the client?” she called out to them. It was a very recent posting; a Cyndaquil had been seen going into the woods alone this morning. And she knew that the lost Pokemon in question was inexperienced in being in a Mystery Dungeon.

“Why should you care what we do now?” Gastly retorted. “See ya, loser.”

“Or maybe not, if she gets mauled out here,” one of the others had joked as they took off in another direction, making the others laugh.

It would have been easier and quicker for her to go back home. But then something terrible might happen to Cyndaquil. So Ralts carried on, looking for signs of the Fire Pokemon and hoping to at least find her before it got dark. When it got dark, the Ghost and Dark types would come out to harass strangers and she would be in a lot of trouble.

The pink horn on her head was picking up strong fear and uncertainty among the mix of feelings floating around the woods. And the signs were getting more recent; Cyndaquil’s path wasn’t straight and occasionally got caught in circles, so she had been able to catch up. Ralts shuffled through the underbrush to get to the lost Pokemon.

“There’s nowhere to hide fool, and you can’t run fast enough! I can see through your mistakes. You will soon be mine!”

Was that Gastly? The Ghost could disguise his voice. When nothing immediately happened, she got worried about Cyndaquil and hurried on.

-+-

Yanma snapped at the dragonfly, eating it soon after. That was a good snack, but he needed more for a meal. He flew around in apparently erratic patterns. Since he could see everywhere around him, he had to cover a strange path to see potential prey. Darkness would come soon, so the insects were stirring. This was the best time to hunt for them.

He spotted a horsefly moving about. He darted after it immediately. Now what to taunt it with?

-+-

“Cyndaquil?” A rustle of leaves announced a Pokemon coming towards her. “There you are.”

“Leave me be!” She sent up flames from her back and neck. It was a defensive measure she did without thinking.

“Whoa, watch out for the leaves. I know you’re scared, but I came to rescue you.”

She uncurled a bit and saw a Ralts smiling at her. But there was no one with her. “You did? Where’s your team?”

She blushed a bit. “Oh, that’s a long story. I’m with Team Marvel.”

Cyndaquil rolled onto her paws and winced. “What? I… I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

Ralts looked confused. “Sorry about what? People get lost in these woods all the time, so it’s no big deal.”

“No, about the Lati vase. I’m sorry I broke it.”

She put her hand to her chin. “I hadn’t heard about that. What happened?”

“I was in the museum trying to determine the stars on the sides, and it fell off and broke. I didn’t mean to knock it off; I thought it was secured better.”

Oddly enough, she smiled. “That one? That was a copy of the treasure that was found.”

Cyndaquil sniffed and rubbed her eyes. “A copy? But I thought it was the only one.”

“The team leader gave it to Smeargle and he made several exact copies. They’ve probably replaced the one you broke already.”

“Huh. Well now I feel silly.” She thought about it, then asked, “Do you think I can get one of those copies to study? I think I can find where they are if I can positively identify the stars.”

“Really? That would be a great discovery, maybe even a new land. I’m sure the museum would let you. I mean, if I came with you. They’re trying not to let anyone know about the copies. Bait for some thieves, you see. But we’d best go back to town now; night will fall.”

“Okay. Oh, but what about that voice? Someone was threatening me earlier.”

-+-

Ralts was quiet for a moment, sensing the nearby woods. “I don’t sense any hostility,” she said, looking around. “There’s some nocturnal stirring. Maybe they were just playing pranks on you.”

“You could fight off any bad Pokemon though, right?” Cyndaquil asked, nervous.

“Um, actually, I don’t fight much. I’m better at hiding and finding stuff. I was just going to teleport us back, once we got to a clear spot.”

“I guess that’s good,” she said, nervously looking about.

“You will be mine, fools! Mwahahahaha!” the strange voice echoed through the trees again.

Cyndaquil curled up again. “Eeek! There it is again!”

The voice made Ralts flinch, but she still didn’t sense hostility. A feeling of enjoyment and pride did come through, extremely fast. When she looked up at the source, a Yanma flew by them, sideways. “Excuse me!” she called out, but he flew by.

And reappeared quickly. With his wings humming, the Bug hovered and moved about. “Huh, what? What’s you calling me for?”

“What are you yelling for, Yanma? You scared us.”

As Cyndaquil uncurled, Yanma did a flip. “What, oh, sorry. Nobody pays attention to me anymore, so I get bored and yell at bugs I’m hunting. There were two fat scrumptious horseflies just passing by. But I’m very sorry. Did I really scare you?”

“Yes,” Cyndaquil said, a little mad that it was just some careless Pokemon. “It was mean of you, just yelling at dumb insects and scaring us without reason.”

“Sorry, sorry,” he repeated. “It gets boring around here, and most of the Pokemon around here are selfish and rude. So I have to play by myself all the time. But if I go to town, wow, there is so much stuff going on and so many Poekmon about that my head spins and I get all excited and wind up hurt or getting chased out of town. But I’m not selfish or rude. Here, I give you this as an apology. I found this treasure the other day, and it was all pretty, but I can’t use it or I’ll have to give up my other treasure. Here.” He tossed down a pink collar with a little bell attached.

“We accept your apology,” Ralts said. She turned to Cyndaquil. “Right?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

She nodded, then looked back to the wild Pokemon. “Do you know of any clearings around here?”

“Clearing, clearing?” He tilted his head, then spun about. “Go that way. There’s a pond not that far. You should reach it soon… oh hey, what’s that?!” Yanma sped off backwards and vanished into the trees.

“He was strange,” Cyndaquil said. “Let’s go; I don’t want to be in these spooky woods in the dark.”

“Right.” Ralts picked up the bell collar and handed it to her. “Here, you take it.”

“Oh, um, thank you. For everything.” They went to the pond, then teleported back home.

Although Ralts didn’t get a regular reward for the rescue, she got a special award from the Guildmaster for doing it solo. And Gastly? He got into a world of trouble for ditching a teammate in a dungeon.

Cyndaquil Leaf Green entry: It is timid and always curls itself into a ball. If attacked, it flares up its back for protection.

Emerald entry: A Ralts has the power to sense the emotions of people and Pokemon with the horns on its head. It takes cover if it senses any hostility.

Yanma Emerald entry: It can see 360 degrees without moving its eyes. It is a great flier capable of making sudden stops and turning midair to quickly chase down the targeted prey.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 16th October 2009 at 3:50 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

wow,that one of my new favorites,keep up the good work.i still dont know how you do it...
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Current Shiny Hunt: Chespin (241 eggs)

Completed Shiny hunts: Staryu (18 eggs)
    Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/m9obo5.jpg[/IMG]
    cyndaquil,chickorita chao and totodile chao from team brushfire

“There’s nowhere to hide, fool,”
    Needs bolded comma, both times this phrase occurs.

there is so much stuff going on and so many Poekmon about
    Pokemon XD. I also noticed you spelled Gastly with an H. If you fixed that ...?

The same-event-different-viewpoints bit ... I loved it. It's always awesome when someone gets freaked out by someone else's fun time. XD And great that Gastly got what was coming to him.

Excellent job~
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

just like what darkdragontamer said, there is no h in gastly.

anyway, nice story! i liked the mystery dungeon style you used. and that yanma reminded me of one in a different fan-fic... oh boy, that was one crazy, hyper, coffee-addicted yanma.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

I got confused with the mention of real bugs. It took me a while to understand that yanma was chasing a real dragonfly. So you are saying there are real animals/bugs in the pokemon world?? Well, it's your story, so yours to decide. But nice story. I loved the flow.

Same here Shac. I suddenly got confused and went back to see whether this guy was a Yanma or a Yanmega but I figured it out in the end. Lol. Poor Cyndaquil. I'm going to have a word with that Gastly after all he's done. *Rants on* So... I liked the way you used a Mystery Dungeon theme. It's not my favourite as my favourite shall always be the Spiritomb one and the Banette. But I enjoyed it. It probably is in my top ten. Keep up with the good work, man.
    "Awesomeness is a trait gained not genetically, but through hard work and effort ."
    -Kuriboh361

I add the real bugs (sometimes calling them microbugs) and, here, small fish because I don't think the Pokemon world has a sustainable ecology. It may be a silly quirk, but that's one of the scientific facts that I try to work into fiction.

You probably weren't expecting this! Anyhow, in honor of Serebii.net's 10th anniversary, here is a story about Celebi and an obscure-ish Pokemon. Yay! And for even more fun, Celebi marks an achievement of this thread. I have 50&#37; of second generation Pokemon completed now, as well as the tenth legendary.

In Process: Houndoom
    On Deck: Wigglytuff/Duskull, Charizard/Swablu

CELEBI and GOREBYSS

She was released into a small pond, barely taking up an acre and dimmed by silt. A creek fed into it on one end and slipped back out of another. But it was freshwater, and surface water at that. Not like the salty depths she had come from.

There was a tap on the surface of the water, so she turned around and brought her head above the surface. Her Trainer sat at the shore, near a campsite he had set up. When she came closer, he patted her snout. “Not the ideal waters for a Gorebyss like you,” he said, “but it should be suitable for staying the night. The trip will take a few more days; you’ll be back in your home waters in two weeks if nothing goes awry.”

“<I don’t mind if it helps you out,>” she replied in a few clicks and whistles. He was a young researcher and often had to go out to meetings and conferences. She had actually been one of his scientific studies, but he kept her around even after it was finished.

He rubbed her head until he got a full scale, then placed it in a device to check on her health. “There isn’t normally anything vicious in the waters here, but you should always watch out for Gyarados. The others are out, so you can get one of them for help if needed.”

“<I know.>”

The human nodded, then went back to his campsite.

Gorebyss went back underwater to investigate the pond. The silt bottom was loose, stirring up clouds of dirt as she poked her snout around for information. According to the smells, there were Magikarp (as usual), Goldeen, Wooper, and Barboach. With these were the lesser fish, minnows, perch, sunfish, and others. Pokemon always held some intelligence; animals held instinct only. She had no problem preying on Pokemon, if that was all there was to eat. But given that she was a visitor, she sought out the lesser fish for food. Not as good as ocean fish and plants, but good enough.

In this surface water, her pink scales made her highly visible. Gorebyss knew the locals must have noticed her, but they kept their distance. She didn’t seek to bother them. If she got bored, she knew one or two of her teammates would be up keeping watch. In the meantime, she swam around for some exercise.

Late into the night, she sensed a tapping at the surface of the water. It was like her Trainer’s signal, but he should have been asleep at this time. Gorebyss still went back to the campsite to see. Maybe there was some problem. If it had been an emergency, she would have been recalled straight to her Pokeball.

Gorebyss emerged from the pond, but didn’t see her human friend. Instead, there was a small green Pokemon lying on a flat rock on the shore. He had pink feelers and oval-shaped wings, but he didn’t seem like a Bug type. He smiled at her. “<It’s odd to see a deep oceanic Pokemon in the forest waters. But welcome. You swim with beauty and grace.>”

She wasn’t sure what to make of the creature. “<Who are you? And what are you?>”

“<I am Celebi, the Celebi.>” He pointed to her. “<Gorebyss, an evolution of Clamperl when traded holding a deep Sea Scale or when deep in the ocean focusing the power of its pearl on defense. You are owned by the marine biologist Vincent Starmie, who studies the lifeforms that live deep in the ocean trenches.>”

Gorebyss felt unnerved. She wondered if she should signal her teammates that there was trouble. “<How do you know this?>”

“<I’m a scientist myself, of time travel and ecology. I come from the distant future and I see to it that the forests remain healthy and mystical.>” He put his hand on his chest and bowed his head.

A Pokemon scientist? Somehow, she felt deep down that he was telling the truth. “<Did you come to talk to Vincent? I think he would be honored to meet a scientist from the future.>”

“<I don’t doubt that. No, I came to this time to talk to you.>”

“<Me? What for? I’m don’t understand the science he studies; I only do little things to help him.>”

Celebi put his hand back in the water and traced random symbols on the surface while he spoke. “<But those little things add up. My calculations are complex, but they pointed you out to me. Tell me, are you aware of the domino effect?>”

“<Dominos?>” She didn’t even understand the word.

“<Hmm.>” He twitched his antenna, then gestured her to watch his water drawing. “<Every action creates a ripple, like so. Every decision can affect another, even when not made by the same person. Powerful Pokemon like myself are… bound by honor to not act directly unless absolutely necessary. Since I study time and its effects, I choose to act by making little ripples in specific places in time. The little ripples affect other ripples, at first only slightly, but the end effect can be greatly. This night, I’m setting up a chain of events to affect a critical choice that will come years later. You’re going to help change destiny.>”

Gorebyss swam a little closer to Celebi’s rock. He spoke in a way that was similar to her Trainer’s, well-educated and patient, but just out of her reach. “<Little ripples get swallowed up by big waves. I know you can’t permanently change the ocean tides. And I couldn’t affect something as grand as destiny.>”

“<You can, in little ways.>” He smiled, looking at her with great trust. “<I chose you because you are in the right situation with the right heart. It’s important to me, but I will let you choose to accept or deny this responsibility. If you don’t want to do this, I won’t bother you again. If you take it, you will have my blessing. See?>” He tapped the water again and made a green glow briefly appear.

It felt green and vibrant, with a scent like the trees around them. In that glow, Gorebyss could tell that this was a Pokemon of considerable power. A blessing from a power like that would assure her of a happy and safe life. “<What are you asking of me?>”

“<I have an egg with me, an egg of a special Pokemon. It’s a Pokemon that could touch the lives of others and inspire them to great things. But in order to bring out that potential fully, it needs to be raised with love, discipline, wisdom, and knowledge. I want you to take this egg and convince your Trainer to take care of it. And you should take care of it as well, as if it were your own child. That’s what I ask of you.>”

She felt a little confused. “<You want me to take care of an egg and the child inside? I don’t mind doing that, but how does that affect destiny?>”

“<It is an epic tale…>” Celebi paused, then shook his head. “<No. It is before an epic tale. Before the beginning, before the prologue, before anything, there is this. A character in a story has a personality that is affected by little things that are never seen. The Pokemon within the egg is a catalyst, a trigger to great things to come. But a thing that is great is not always good. In order to make sure that the great thing becomes good, the catalyst must be made good and loving. The grand epic tale, with its troubles, trials, and tears, it will not affect you. But you will affect it, by teaching love to the catalyst of great change.>”

“<That sounds much too grand to concern me,>” Gorebyss said. “<But your request is just a simple thing, to care for a child.>”

He folded his arms on the rock and rested his head there. “<Sorry. But you must have observed your own Trainer making simple things into complex. Anyhow. Yes, the base of my request is that you convince him to adopt the egg, and then help him care for it. Will you do this?>”

She patted the surface of the water with her fins. “<Yes, I would love to do so. If it is aquatic, it would be like my own.>”

Laughing softly, he replied, “<Oh yes, it will be aquatic. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is a reassurance to know that things will at least start out correctly.>” He pushed with his arms, then lifted himself into the air. On putting his hands together, his body was surrounded in a green glow. Celebi then moved over the surface of the water. A pale blue egg appeared and sank gently into the silt bottom.

Gorebyss came up and touched the egg lightly with her tongue. While it gave off a sense of Water, it did not seem immediately familiar. So she rubbed her head against it to give it her specific scent. If she kept regular contact with this egg, the child Pokemon inside would instinctively recognize her as a mother. “<You will be my family,>” she told the egg.

Celebi dispelled his glowing aura, then hovered over the surface. “<I shall leave the rest to you, dear Gorebyss. The love of a simple Pokemon like you will spread and make many lives better.>”

She came back above the surface, but the green Pokemon was no longer there. It was as if he had never appeared in the first place, save for a mysterious egg. For the rest of the night, Gorebyss looked after it and kept the locals away.

In the morning, her Trainer came and tapped the pond’s surface. “Gorebyss,” Vincent called.

She came above the surface and rubbed his hand when offered. “<Good morning.>”

“Good morning,” he echoed. Did he realize that? Sometimes, she thought he did. “Did you have a good night?”

She dove back under the surface and wrapped her body gently around the egg. This way, she brought the egg into the shallows where he could see it. “<Here, take this.>”

He frowned as he touched it. “What’s this? It’s not your spawning season and you haven’t shown any signs of it.”

“<It’s a gift; we should take it.>” She nosed it closer to him in a hopeful sign.

The young scientist picked it up out of the water. “The color’s different. The local Pokemon would protect their own, or an orphaned egg. So how did you get a hold of it?”

“<I would tell you if I could,>” she stated. “<You might have understood Celebi better.>”

After studying it, and then seeing her watchful eyes, Vincent nodded. “Well if you’ve already connected to the egg, I believe we can take it along with us. I’m going to leave it here, though, just in case one of the wild Pokemon comes back to claim it.” He set it in the shallows, taking a moment to make sure it was stable. “If it’s still here when everything else is cleaned up, we’ll bring it with us.”

And since she was protecting it, the egg became part of their group.

FR/LG Gorebyss entry: Its swimming form is exquisitely elegant. With its thin mouth, it feeds on seaweed that grows between rocks.

FR entry: When Celebi disappears deep in a forest, it is said to leave behind an egg it brought from the future.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 28th October 2009 at 3:37 AM.

Gorebyss, eh? Seems random. Nice story, though.

Soooo... What was in the egg? Manaphy? Phione?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Awww, I love Gorebyss (they look prettier than Huntail, at any rate). And as for the egg-- Manaphy or Phione?

Another great one-shot. Thanks for the update!
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Vincent Starmie? Could this mean you've FINALLY gotten over writers block conserning Trial By Water? (please say yes, that story was great)

Other then that, another great one shot by Ysavvryl. As for the egg... Grovyle, from MD2?
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

That was a nice story Ysavvryl! I loved celebii being a thoughtful scientist. 7.5/10

Keep it up.

I would like to be on the pm mailing list.
    I need to catch up on what is already here.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

She had not problem preying on Pokemon, if that was all there was to eat.
    Should be "no problem".

The lesser fish bit is perfect. Seriously. It creates a more manageable and believable ecosystem, and it fits. And the alternate evo method for Gorebyss is perfect too; we can hardly think all the wild ones were traded and immediately released. XP

Excellent job =D

Nice guesses on the egg. However, I would say that they're probably wrong. It can't be the Grovyle (because the Celebi I used was male and not pink) and while it might be Manaphy/Phione, nah. Vincent is always connected to Hoenn in some way; therefore, he just picked up Kyogre. *snickers* Actually, I wrote it with no particular egg Pokemon in mind; I just like the idea of having to raise Kyogre (and Groudon, for that matter) in a way that it won't try to flood the world again.

@Lucario7777777: sure, just let me make sure I've got the right number of sevens...

I moved the Houndoom entry to Halloween, cause it fits nicely. As for November, I won't be making reserves for that month. I'm doing the National Novel Writing Month challenge again, so this thread will likely go quiet unless I get really stuck on that.

But, with only two requests up, I could use a few more.

In Process: Houndoom (10/31)
    On Deck: Charizard/Swablu

WIGGLYTUFF and DUSKULL

“Class!” The teacher clapped her hands. “We can’t go in until we go over some guidelines.”

“Whoop!” her Wigglytuff added in emphasis. He hopped up and twitched his ears.

That got most of the talking to die down. The assortment of seven and eight year olds were all excited and impatient to go. And why not? It was the class field trip, this time to a Pokemon zoo! They had all been gossiping over what Pokemon they wanted to see and which ones would or wouldn’t be there. It had been the only topic of discussion for the past month, but it never seemed to end.

Their teacher went over the field trip rules, plus others specifically for the zoo. “And remember, this is a research zoo where they study many of the Pokemon inside. So if the zookeepers say to stay out of one area or away from a Pokemon, do so without complaint. These Pokemon live lives close to that which they would have in the wild, so they won’t be as well-mannered or obedient as the ones your family owns. And stay with the class.”

“Yes, Ms. Webster,” the class replied.

Wigglytuff knew that some of the class would get into trouble anyhow. He had been a classroom helper Pokemon for many years with Ms. Webster, and field trips always invited trouble. While he never blinked his large blue eyes, he made extra sure to keep the kids under his watch.

Through the day, he kept kids from throwing rocks, picking plants, or wandering off. They always made the mistake of thinking that if the teacher didn’t notice, they wouldn’t get in trouble. However, Wigglytuff knew how to match names to faces. At the end of the day, he would advise his Trainer as to which kids hadn’t followed the rules. They wouldn’t get a gold star at the end of the week.

The Pokemon and the teacher knew to keep an eye on two boys in particular. These two were smart, but were always causing problems. Of course they were planning something for this field trip. Wigglytuff caught them whispering back and forth at various points. They hadn’t done anything yet, so he couldn’t do much either.

At the Hipopotos area, one of the resident Pokemon lunged forward and snapped at a movement of the sand. A girl had been near the fence of the pen when it did so; she shrieked and jumped back. Some of the other kids laughed at her, after getting over being startled as well. Wigglytuff came up to her and gave her a hug. Since his pink fur was so soft and cuddly, the kids loved his hugs.

But while he was comforting that girl, he spotted the two boys with a third sneaking away under a sign that warned of no access. Ms. Webster was busy chiding the ones making fun of the scared girl and keeping the trip’s agenda going. Once the girl seemed okay, Wigglytuff took off after the three boys.

The sign was attached to a chain strung across a narrow path. Wigglytuff ducked under the chain and crept along the concrete path. Along the ground, there were scattered branches and leaves from the vegetation that disguised the area from most visitors. He stepped around the debris carefully to avoid alerting the boys. He could hear them talking to each other.

“There’s a wicked awesome Pokemon they have here,” one of the troublemakers said. “But they aren’t putting it on display.”

“Why not?” the third boy asked. Wigglytuff remembered him as being quiet, no trouble unless provoked.

“We don’t know. They say it’s dangerous, but that’s stupid. It’s not like some Pokemon is going to kill you.”

Unfortunately, that did happen. It was rare cases, usually when a human had provoked an aggressive or territorial Pokemon at the wrong time. If the Pokemon the kids were after was this way, the zoo would have certainly put it under enough security that people couldn’t get near it. But, as Wigglytuff had learned over the years, foolish little boys could do exactly what wasn’t expected of them. It would be best if he could get them back to the class without much fuss.

“What Pokemon is it?”

“You know that Mystery Dungeon cartoon show? They have a Dusknoir here, just like on the show.”

“Really? But he was so tough; we could get hurt.”

The troublemakers laughed at the quieter boy. “Don’t be stupid. It won’t do anything to us."

Wigglytuff wasn’t entirely sure what a Dusknoir was, but he wanted to get the boys away from it. Looking around, he spotted a black figure moving through the trees. It was small and ghostly, but maybe it was friendly enough to help. “<Hey, stranger!>”

It came out of the trees to float alongside him. It had a white mask with two eye holes, but there seemed to be only one red eye behind it. “<Hi stranger.>” Her eye shifted sockets as she turned. “<What’s the rush?>”

“<I’ve got to stop those three boys from going any further. They’re after something called a Dusknoir.>”

“<They’re after Daddy? That’s not good.>” She rustled her black cloak. “<He isn’t in a mood to be having visitors. I can’t tell a stranger why, but they shouldn’t go to him.>”

“<Then could you help me get them back?>”

She giggled. “<Of course, it would be a pleasure. I won’t harm them, Duskull’s honor. But they won’t be wanting to come back.>” Duskull (at least Wigglytuff guessed she was a Duskull) hurried off through the wall.

Wigglytuff continued to catch up on the boys. They were at a metal door, trying to figure out if it was locked or watched. “Doesn’t look locked. Try pushing it.”

“Why me?” the quieter boy said. “You guys were the ones who said to come out here.”

“What, you chicken?” He pushed against the handle.

Duskull jumped out of the door before he got it open. She gave a shrill shriek that, if it didn’t startle them, would certainly alert the zookeepers. Interestingly enough, the two troublemakers screamed and ran back quicker. The third boy gasped and paled, but he soon realized that she was just a Ghost Pokemon, not an actual ghost.

When the two boys tried to run away, Wigglytuff blocked their path to let them know that he knew. He growled. “<You’re way out of bounds, boys.>”

“Hey! What’re you doing following us?” He looked back and saw what Duskull was. “Are you playing mean pranks on us? Dumb Wigglytuff; I’ll tell Ms. Webster!”

“<You are the one causing trouble,>” Wigglytuff growled angrily. He inhaled deeply and rapidly inflated himself to almost double his normal size. “<And risking one of your peers too! Don’t you accuse me of playing pranks.>”

The two of them backed up, having never seen him get angry like this. One of the two cried out in shock. Duskull cackled, then sent out a telepathic thought. ‘Yes, give me your beautiful cries. They’ll bring out my siblings, and Daddy will be along soon after. He’ll consume your minds and leave you as ragged dolls.’

“L-let’s get out of here,” one of the troublemakers said, then rushed past Wigglytuff with his friend.

“<Is that so?!>” Wigglytuff challenged Duskull. It would be tough for him to fight her, but to protect the one boy left, he would.

She laughed again, but sounded nervous. ‘I am the only one here with Daddy,’ she replied, in a way so that the last boy understood. ‘And they’ve got him locked up good and tight. But he is in a bad mood, so you’d best move along before the keepers come.’

The pink Pokemon released his breath, deflating back to his regular size. “<All right. Well thank you for scaring them back.>” He hopped up and offered a furry paw to the remaining boy. “<Come on, we need to get back to the class.>”

“I’m sorry, Wigglytuff,” he said, taking his paw. “They were teasing me and said I had to prove my bravery.”

‘You’re still here,’ Duskull pointed out. ‘But you will get into trouble if the keepers come.’

“Okay. Thanks.” He went back to the group with Wigglytuff. He did get into trouble as they came back when Ms. Webster was scolding the other two boys. But with a wave of his paws to show that he wasn’t at fault as much, Wigglytuff was able to lessen what the third boy got as punishment.

Wigglytuff Leaf Green entry: The body is soft and rubbery. When angered, it will suck in air and inflate itself to an enormous size.

Duskull Platinum entry: It loves the crying of children. It startles bad kids by passing through the walls and making them cry.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 3rd November 2009 at 3:23 AM.

Glad you got these up, and sorry I didn't reply to the others. But, here's one sentence that seemed a little... off
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    While he never blinked his large blue eyes, he made extra sure to keep the kids under his watch.
    Just seemed strange, don't know if it was intentional or not, and because I bad withs' the spellings and the grammar, I can't give anything else. Anyways, because I don't want to ask for two on the waiting list, I'll hold my idea for later.
    Help stop the attack of vampires in Haiti by donating $5 and some bullets. For a picture of the leader, click here. Be warned, as he can cause complete insanity.

Proud owner of 85 double barreled shotguns. Consider yourself warned.

Complete and utter proof that Nintendo has lost it's mind.

Great story,it was really cool.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers)
    in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    99% of people think Staraptor is better than Pidgeot. If you think Pidgeot is better put this in your signature (Started by Bossk)

At the Hipopotos area, one of the resident Pokemon lunged forward and snapped at a movement of the sand.
    misspelled it.

anyway, nice story. i know what type of kids those are, i hate those kinds. reading that they get scared and start crying deeply satisfies me. >=D

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast