Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Well, so Heart Gold and Soul Silver are out in America now. I'm not getting one of them yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I've done all nine of Johto's starters, though, and I wasn't sure what to do with Lugia and Ho-oh at this time. So I picked a pair of Johto natives for today. It makes Girafarig number 250.

I went to check on the HG/SS entries, as they're listed finally. But the few I looked at seemed to be near identical to the FR/LG entries. Like the one I picked today was only two words off Leaf Green's entry. Lazy.

I'll record the requests, but I need to check on them. I know I did Flygon (cause she was a princess). Anyhow, the next one should appear on St. Patrick's Day, then another pair (incidentally, the same type pairing!) will show up on the first day of spring.

In Process: Bulbasaur/Ivysaur
    On Deck: Linoone, Pineco/Forettress, Dusclops/Mime Jr, Trapinch, Seedot/Wailmer
    Reserve: Weepinbel/Victreebel (3/20), Lopunny (Easter)

GIRAFARIG AND LEDYBA

Jenny stamped her hoof down. “No, I am not going back over there to check out some scent you’ve picked up,” she insisted. “Not after that mess you started with the stinky Gloom the other day. I’ve had just about enough of trouble from you.”

She wasn’t answered exactly with words, but it was something like, “Gnash, gnash,” in a grumpy annoyed way.

“You’re an idiot and we both know it,” she retorted.

A Sentret near her fluffed his striped tail and asked, “What did you say about me?!”

“It wasn’t you I called an idiot,” Jenny said. “It was my tail.”

He gave her a puzzled look. “Um, your tail?”

She nodded her yellow head. In the meantime, the little black head that was stuck to her tail turned its beady little eyes at the Sentret and showed off its sharp pointed teeth. “Gnash, gnash.”

“It’s a horribly tempered brutish little beast,” the Girafarig said sharply. “And it’s got no reason going on in its little bitty brain cell.”

“That’s too bad,” the Sentret said, although his honest thoughts were more along the lines of ‘too weird’.

“I know you think it’s too weird to grasp,” Jenny stated. “Just be glad you don’t have to live with a demi-sentient extra brain in your tail.”

“Uh-huh,” he said, then decided it was a good time to move on. As he went past Jenny, her black head lashed out and got a good chunk of his brown fur.

-+-

“Huuu nmmmm,” Sam the Ledyba mumbled, stretching his six legs outward. He felt a good deal better after that restful night’s sleep; the previous night, he had been kept awake for all hours of the darkness by a Noctowl that had been looking to make one of his swarm a midnight snack. Last night, they had been left at peace.

He got up and flexed his spotted shell out, to stir wakefulness into his wings. The sun was shining clearly today. Once he was fully alert, he could go look for some dew to drink, then find out where his swarm was thinking of heading. However, there didn’t seem to be much dew this morning. The sun was high overhead, so it should be sparkling off the green grasses, and the red shells of his brethren.

No, the sun was too high. It was almost noon. And he didn’t see a sign of red anywhere.

Sam froze up in fright. Where was his swarm? Had he overslept enough that they had moved on already? What did he do now? He’d never been separated from his swarm before. Too scared, he stayed right where he was. Maybe they would come back. Some days they did return to where they had slept. Other days, not.

Overhead, a Butterfree flitted around, looking for flowers. A Pidgey flew at it, but missed. The tan bird searched for it, or an easier prey. For a terrifying moment, it looked right at the Ledyba. It either wasn’t interested or wanting the Butterfree, as the Pidgey moved on.

Every motion around him caused Sam alarm. The swaying of the grasses could either be the wind or things sneaking towards him. Any sound, even if he knew it, could be an unknown danger. However, he was too scared of being alone to run. A Bug had to be with a swarm, not alone.

A yellow Pokemon with long legs and a long neck walked by. It was snuffling along, chewing grass. It was nothing dangerous to him, but it could be covering for something dangerous. Waiting for it to pass by anxiously, Sam continued to hold perfectly still. But as it was almost past, its tail suddenly grew fearsome jaws and snapped at the Ledyba.

“Eeeee!” Sam squealed, falling off the rock he has slept on.

“Oh, what now?” Jenny asked in annoyance. “Can’t you just leave me in peace for a day?”

Sam trembled as it turned to him. Even though the evil tail jaw was away from him, only a terrible Pokemon would have just a terrifying tail. His throat went dry as he wished again that his swarm had not left him alone.

“Oh, it’s just a Ledyba,” Jenny said. She brought her head down and sniffed. “A scared one at that. You shouldn’t be spooking little Bugs like him.”

“Gnash, gnash,” the tail replied.

“You can’t just chomp at any smell you think is interesting.” She smiled at him. “Sorry, Ledyba. I’m Jenny, a Girafarig. Your name’s…” she tilted her head in question.

“Krrruuu,” he said softly.

“So you’re Sam, huh? Yeah, I can understand you Bugs. Comes in handy, even for me. I’m sorry about my tail. I know it’s crude and scary, but I’m kind of stuck with it. So what’re you doing?”

Feeling that the front half of this Girafarig was friendly enough, Sam rubbed two of his forelegs together and shifted his pheromones. He was alone, having overslept on accident. He didn’t know where his brethren in the swarm were and he was too scared to leave this spot.

“Oh dear,” Jenny replied. “It must be dreadfully disorienting to be without your swarm. I thought it was odd seeing one of you by yourself. Do you want some help in finding your swarm? You’re small enough, so I should be able to carry you on my back.”

Sam tensed again. Wouldn’t that put him close to that evil tail again? No way he was going to travel near that thing.

Disappointed, the Girafarig lifted her head. “Well, I don’t blame you for not trusting my tail. I don’t trust it most of the time.”

“Gnash, gnash,” the tail retorted.

“If you had some real brains, maybe I would,” she taunted back. “I’ll take a look around anyhow. Maybe I can tell them you’re still here.” Jenny trotted off, careful to not let her tail too close to Sam the Ledyba.

He hid in the grass and stayed there.

-+-

Despite giving her word to try, Jenny knew she was facing a daunting task. A swarm of Bugs didn’t seem hard to miss. Then again, their minds were simple, so simple that her telepathic searches didn’t always recognize them. Sure, maybe a stronger Psychic, or one that wasn’t dual-typed, could have located the swarm faster. But a pure Psychic would have more reason to stay away.

She supplemented her mental searches with pauses to listen and sniff around. Ledybas had a strong language of scent, so one could often smell them before seeing them. Also, there were certain habits to the swarm’s movements. If Jenny had actually paid them more attention before, she might have figured it out herself.

“Gnash, gnash, gnash, gnash,” the tail said eagerly.

“What do you smell now?” She thought about it, then focused on her tail’s mind. It too was a simple thing, so she couldn’t always tell what it was thinking. “The swarm?”

“Gnash.” It seemed to be giving an affirmative response.

“Well good. Where are they?”

“Gnash!”

Jenny sighed. Of course it was going to be difficult. But she wanted to help the lost one. “Okay, okay… would you please lead me to them?”

“Gnash.” It gave her some mental proddings to head up the slope to her right.

Following its directions, she picked up on the swarm’s scent herself. She tracked them down to a small stream. The Ledybas were split between those who were keeping watch and those who were eating, bathing, or drinking. As she approached, the guards became alert.

Jenny lowered her head, hoping not to completely spook the timid Pokemon. “Hey, it’s okay. I’m not here to hurt you. I wanted to tell you that one of your brethren got separated from you this morning. Sam is back where you slept last night. You ought to go pick him up; he’s scared witless without you.”

The swarm was indecisive for a moment. Some were concerned about Sam; their scent clearly referred to him. But then, others weren’t about to trust a stranger, especially not one that wasn’t one of them.

“I’m not trying to trick you,” she insisted. “I was just worried about Sam. A little guy like him, and the rest of you, ought not be alone.”

That convinced them. A small group of five separated from the main group to go looking. To Jenny’s surprise, her black tail did not snap at them when they went by.

She turned around to follow the group, just in case they got in trouble. “Well, I suppose you can restrain yourself from time to time. Have you learned to be polite now?”

“Gnash!” It was giving a negative response. It had just decided to be restrained this one time.

“I suppose some things never change.” She trotted after the group of Ledyba, to make sure Sam got back with his swarm.

Girafarig Heart Gold entry: Its tail has a small brain of its own. Beware! If you get too close, it may react to your scent by biting.

Ledyba DPP entry: It is so timid, it can’t move if it isn’t in a swarm with others. It conveys its feelings with scent.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 14th March 2010 at 5:37 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

I wondered what you would do with HGSS, but that was awesome! I get creeped out by Girafarigs tail also... Gnash!
    X:

I know I'm a day late on this one. I've been sick and I didn't want to rush this yesterday. So I made this one a little longer. But then I pulled in the spring reserves for this one. I think it was worth it for the second 4 Pokemon entry.

Gnash!

In Process: Linoone
    On Deck: Pineco/Forettress, Dusclops/Mime Jr, Trapinch, Seedot/Wailmer
    Reserve: Lopunny (Easter)

BULBASAUR, IVYSAUR, BELLSPROUT, AND WEEPINBELL

The sunshine was perfect, casting golden light over the forests, brightening all the spring colors, and warming the lands back to life. Benny the Bulbasaur was so happy about it that he was sprawled out in the front yard, drooling slightly through his smile as he slept. With spring finally here, he could spend all day soaking up sunshine into the pale green seed on his back. The more energy he absorbed, the sooner the seed would turn into a bud, then a flower. When he had his flower, he would be fully evolved and powerful enough to rule the whole town. And then he would use that rule to sprawl out in the yard and soak up more sunshine.

Aaahhhh…. Life was good.

Hours passed and eventually the sun began to go down. Benny woke up and stretched his short legs. On his back, his seed felt warm and energetic. He felt energetic as well. Once he’d gotten all stretched up, he broke into a run across the yard. He rushed right into the neighbor’s yard, then the next neighbor’s yard, all the way to the end of the block. When he got there, he tore around in a wide curve and zoomed back to his yard and into the next yard over when he ran into her.

She was much like him, a squat four-legged Pokemon with spotted blue-green skin. While he had a small pale green seed on his back, she had a large dark green bud growing there. His older sister, Eva the Ivysaur, watched quietly as Benny tried to stop, tripped over his front paws, and tumbled several times to land at her side. “Playing superhero again, are we?” she asked dryly.

“Not playing,” Benny insisted. “I am a superhero! The Green Flash, rushing off to the rescue! When there’s trouble, I’m there on the double.”

“Except when it’s sunny,” Eva pointed out.

“Trouble doesn’t come when it’s sunny out,” he said, scratching behind his ear. When an idea came to him, he stopped to stand up on his hind legs excitedly. “Oh, oh, and I’m going to go off on a rescue soon. I’ll be back by nightfall, maybe. If the trouble’s bad, I might be late. So don’t worry unless I’m still gone tomorrow.”

“What kind of rescue are you doing?” Considering the trouble caused by his past capers, she didn’t want to be involved, but knew she’d better be. Someone had to keep this young ‘hero’ from wrecking the neighborhood.

“It’s a big one, my biggest yet! I saw it on a news report this morning. You know that tower in town? I heard that there’s a Pokemon princess trapped on top of that tower. She’s said to be beautiful and graceful, but she’s kept in the tower by a Pokemon monster who eats the heroes who come to rescue her by chopping them into little pieces. So I’m off to climb the tower and rescue the princess.”

“What about the monster? Won’t it chop you up too?”

Benny shook his head, then extended it back along his body. “Nah. I’m a superhero, so I’d be too tough to eat.”

“If you say so.” She doubted he was telling the truth, but her little brother probably wouldn’t recognize it as a lie. He let his imagination run away with the barest of suggestions into wild and crazy adventures. “And this was on the news?”

“Yup, and if it was on TV, then it must be true.” He spoke with a foolish certainty.

And that foolishness was sure to cause trouble. “And while you may be a superhero, you’re just a kid. How are you going to beat a monster Pokemon that has a habit of eating heroes?”

“Because the Green Flash is the most awesome unbeatable superhero of all! You just watch; I’ll come right back with a princess at my side.”

Before Benny could rush off, Eva took a step into his path. “Hold on. I think I might go with you, just in case.”

He jumped and landed on all fours. “Really? Awesome! Then you’ll be my trusty sidekick, the, um… we’ll think of a good super name for you. Come on, let’s go.”

“I’m older than you,” she said as she started along the path to Sprout Tower (the only tower in Violet City). “I can’t be your sidekick.”

“But I’m the superhero,” Benny pointed out, skipping alongside her. He wouldn’t stoop to walking, not as the hyperactive and energetic Green Flash. “I can’t be a sidekick.”

“Well then I’ll have to be your mentor. I am coming to watch out for you, after all.”

The Bulbasaur grinned. “Cool, I have a mentor now! What’re you gonna teach me, huh? A hero’s honor or how to kick bad guy butt?”

“No. Today, we will learn how to observe and assess a situation.”

His grin vanished. “Aw, but that doesn’t sound heroic. The Green Flash rushes in and saves the day before the evil one can take root. He doesn’t have time to observe.”

“Well then he might make a mistake, which could cost lives or make him look bad.”

“Oh.” He slowed a bit, thinking on that. “But superheroes don’t make mistake. That’s why they’re super. They can do whatever they have to in order to beat the bad guys.”

“But who are the bad guys? Have you considered that?”

“Well, they’re…” he thought it through. “They’re the bad guys. They do bad stuff.”

“But if you’re always rushing about, how do you know they’re bad guys? That is why you must learn to observe.”

“I guess,” he relented. “But then we can rush in after the bad guys, right?”

“If that’s what’s needed, then yes.”

“Cool. But can we hurry up now so we can get there to observe before night falls?”

“We’re at a good pace,” the Ivysaur said. “Besides, wait until you have a bud on your back instead of a seed. It weighs more than it looks.”

“I’ll still be super fast when I evolve,” Benny boasted. “And the Green Flash will only grow stronger, never slower!”

During that talk, they had walked through Violet City to arrive at Sprout Tower. It was a large wooden building that was taller than any other in town, even the Flying-type Gym. There were humans in and around the building, but they were respectful to the pair of Pokemon, greeting them kindly. One even got the front door for them when they showed intent on entering.

“Well these people are polite and kind,” Eva noted. “They show no intent on harming or stopping us.”

Benny gasped. “Oooo, so it’s a trap? Bad guys are only nice if they’re making a trap for the heroes. We ought to be ready to fight at a moment’s notice.”

“Maybe. Or maybe they’re not bad guys, just nice guys.”

“But they have a princess held captive at the top of their tower. Nice guys don’t do that.”

“We must observe and not jump to conclusions. Or else you would be a false hero, and you don’t want that. Right?”

“Right.” He was starting to sound bored.

As they came to the staircase to the second floor, they came across a different pair of Grass Pokemon. One was a Bellsprout, with an extreme slender body of bare stems and roots holding onto a large flower head. The other was a Weepinbell, who was almost entirely its flower, with just a few leaves and a stem hook. While the former stood at the bottom of the steps, the latter was hanging by its stem hook from a nail on a post.

“What are you strangers doing here?” the Bellsprout asked, crossing its thin arms over its thin chest.

“We’re here to defeat you bad guys!” Benny shouted before rushing at the Bellsprout.

Without looking worried, the Bellsprout bent its whole body to the left, so that Benny kept going and crashed into the stairs. “Excuse me? Bad guys?”

“I’m sorry about him,” Eva said. “He’s a little enthusiastic and needs to learn to be observant instead of jumping to conclusions.” After giving him a sharp look to enforce her words, she went on. “He wants to see the princess of the tower. I’m here to keep the damage to a minimum.”

“The princess? That’s fine so long as you get to the top of the tower before night falls, when we go to sleep. Go on up, but please don’t attack anybody on the way.”

Benny hopped back over to his sister’s side. “Huh? We can just go up?”

“Sure thing. This tower is open for all to visit.”

“What do you do here?” Eva asked before he could protest, probably about them going against his exaggerated dreams of rescue and heroism. Or about them setting up a trap.

“We live here with the monks and teach them about our ways,” the Weepinbell said from its hanging post. “To enjoy the sun, to relax when there’s no danger, to soak in life. Humans are complicated creatures and we teach them to uncomplicate. Thus it has been for many generations of ‘sprouts.”

“That’s good of you,” Eva said. “But we’d better get to climbing so we can get to the top.”

“May you have many sunny days,” the Bellsprout said as he moved aside.

Benny and Eva climbed up the many floors of Sprout Tower, looking for the Pokemon princess. They met with many Pokemon on the way, mostly Bellsprouts, but a few Weepinbells as well. Like the first two, they greeted the Bulbasaur and Ivysaur warmly, not blocking their progress. Benny’s puzzlement over this behavior got him to focus on the monster part of his story. “I’m gonna prove my superhero worth by beating that monster.”

“If it requires beating,” Eva said.

On the top floor, they found another Bellsprout and another Weepinbell. The Bellsprout was noticeably different than the rest. She was green with a darker stem like the rest, but her skin had an almost magical sheen to it. With her eyes bright, she was one of the most beautiful Grass Pokemon that either of the ‘saurs had seen. “Are you the princess Pokemon?” Benny asked, awed.

The Bellsprout nodded. “Yes, of course. I’m Princess, the rising star of the new Johto Contest circuit. Surely, you’ve heard of me? My latest media report was just this morning on the news.”

“Yeah, I heard you were stuck up here guarded by a monster Pokemon,” Benny said, still holding onto his fantasy.

She put her stem hands to her face. “Stuck here? Certainly not. I love it up here. When the winds blow gently, the southern deck is a wonderful place to soak up the sun. And the sun makes me even more beautiful. I am guarded by a monster, though.”

“Really?” The Bulbasaur perked up to this.

“I’m called Monster,” the Weepinbell said. “I’m currently the strongest Pokemon here. The monks say that if they can get a hold of the proper stone, they’ll chose me to evolve first, so I can better guard Sprout Tower and all the ‘sprouts that live here, not just Princess.”

“But do you really chop up heroes to eat them?” Benny asked. “I heard that about you.”

“I’m not sure where you heard that, but no,” Monster answered. “Not heroes, anyhow. Sometimes we chop up food with our leaves, if it’s too big. Our mouths don’t have any teeth, you see.” He smacked his lips, then opened them up briefly. There were no teeth, as he said.

“Aw man, I thought I could follow my superhero duties by rescuing Princess.”

“I wouldn’t need rescuing if it came down to it,” Princess said. “I can fight too, and if I really got stuck somewhere, I can spit acid at the door. Even if it’s made of metal, that’ll give me a way to escape.”

Seeing that Benny looked disappointed, Monster said, “It seems you have much to learn, young hero. Know who is an enemy and who is not. Keep at your lessons and I’m sure you’ll save the day in time to come.”

That cheered him some. “Yeah, I’m learning good stuff from my mentor here. Well I’m gonna keep training so that I just don’t save the day, I save the world! It’s the Green Flash!” He then rushed away, fumbled at the top step, then rolled all the way to the next floor down.

“And there he goes again,” Eva said affectionately. “Thanks for playing along with my little brother. He may be a pain from time to time, but he means well.”

“I know how it is,” Monster the Weepinbell said. “And you’re welcome. Come back any day you like. It’s nice to have visitors.”

“Sure thing. Good night.” Eva then turned and walked down the stairs. Benny was upside-down, looking dizzy. “Come on, little hero, let’s go home.”

R/S/E entry: Bulbasaur can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun’s rays, the seed grows progressively larger.

Ivysaur Leaf Green entry: When the bulb on its back grows large, it appears to lose the ability to stand on its hind legs.

Emerald entry: A Bellsprout’s thin and flexible body lets it bend and sway to avoid any attack, however strong it may be. From its mouth, it leaks an acid that melts even iron.

Weepinbell Soul Silver entry: If its prey is bigger than its mouth, it slices up the victims with sharp leaves, then eats every last morsel.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Princess a shiny Bellsprout? If so, that's cool, cause my latest shiny (not counting the Red Gyarados) happens to be a Bellsprout.

I like that story.

...wait a sec, I had requested Weepinbell/Victreebel, not Bellsprout/Weepinbell. Ah, well. Hey, if you still want to do one on the first day of Spring, then I'll request a Victreebel story for then.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hey, wait a sec.
    Ysaavryl, why don't you do one on Missingno.? I mean, it's sort of a Pokemon, and it has an entry in R/S/E.
    Anyway, great story, as always! That Bulbasaur reminds me of my little brother.
    Hacks are Pokemon too. If you believe hacks are Pokemon and don't deserve to be shunned because of what they are copy and paste this in your signature. Started by The_Shuppeteer_.

Ash: "Hey Pikachu, what happened? I ran to go take a piss and Mewtwo and Mew attacked me."

Misty: So that was what you were doing??!

--Quote from Pokemons the Abridged Movie

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shuppeteer_ View Post
    Hey, wait a sec.
    Ysaavryl, why don't you do one on Missingno.? I mean, it's sort of a Pokemon, and it has an entry in R/S/E.
    I second this. Hell, I third, fourth, and fifth this! And really, Ysavvryl, if anyone can do such a story and make it good, it'd be you.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

(poof!) There I think I got my time traveling right this time. Well this one is good but it dosnt stand out from your other work. Now can I request a Latias one if you haven't done it yet. Its one of my favorites. Until next time...
    (Time Vortex opens up) Goodbye (Trips on rock and falls into the Vortex).........
    (Runs up to the vortex) Darn I couldn't stop myself. This time traveling is tricky stuff....
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

(poof!) There I think I got my time traveling right this time. Well this one is good but it dosnt stand out from your other work. Now can I request a Latias one if you haven't done it yet. Its one of my favorites. Until next time...
    (Time Vortex opens up) Goodbye (Trips on rock and falls into the Vortex).........
    (Runs up to the vortex) Darn I couldn't stop myself. This time traveling is tricky stuff....
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Yes. A Missingno entry would be full of pure, unadulterated WIN.

Anyway. Girafarig's tail acted exactly like I thought it would. By which I mean, a partially intelligent chain chomp. LOL, "gnash" made me laugh almost as much as the name Monster did.

Keep it up~! ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

If you can point me to that entry, I'll write one for Missingno. I don't think it's listed on the Serebii dex...

This entry is brought to you by the letter D.

In Process: Pineco/Forettress
    On Deck: Dusclops/Mime Jr, Trapinch, Seedot/Wailmer

VICTREEBEL AND LINOONE

In the dark deadly depths of the darkest dark jungle of deepest part of the deadly Amazon jungle, there lived a fearsomely dangerous Pokemon that devoured the dimwitted denizens. It hid amongst the lush undergrowth, deviously looking innocent and harmless. It wafted a deceptive but delicious smell of most delectable honey. Drawn in by the drifting fragrance, the dumb victims would come right up to the dark maw of the devious beast, only to be snatched up by darting vines and downed whole to meet their deadly end, where they would melt away like delicate morsels of delightful delicacies. This dramatic deadly Amazon Pokemon was called Victreebel.

But not all Victreebels lived such daring and dashing lives. This one lived a drab and dreary life. In the dowdy suburbs where dozens of houses were directly copied of one another, he lived at a dusk orange house at the end of the drive. Because his Trainer had small children, he was disallowed to eat anything other than premade food packs that looked like dehydrated insects partly digested by a Ditto. This disenchanted Victreebel was called Carl.

Carl’s days were invariably exactly the same, save for details. He would get up right before dawn to pester his Trainer into waking up. Once Mr. Grumpy got himself some coffee and got rid of the drowsy bleariness of morning, he opened the door so Carl could go outside. The Victreebell would then drag himself by his vines down the lawn, then over the white picket fence so he could hang near the sidewalk. An hour later, two of the kids would come out all dressed for school to wait for the bus. They would attempt to tease him with prodding and dancing, but he would stoically ignore them. Once they were gone, he had some time to himself.

Not for long, unfortunately. Other Pokemon of the neighborhood would come out to enjoy the day, singing, playing, chatting, dancing. Carl, who was even grumpier than his Trainer, would grumble to himself and daydream about devouring the more annoying ones, savoring the definite meatiness of them. He couldn’t actually do that, but it didn’t deter him from daydreaming.

And then, about noon, the most annoying and hated member of the suburban neighborhood would come out to destroy everyone’s day. Everything would seem all peaceful and hunky-dory, but then he came out of his home. After a decent stretch and a moment of adoration for the sun, he strutted onto the sidewalk and…

ZOOOOOOM!

A white and gray blur would barrel down the sidewalk, heedless of any drifters or pedestrians. Pokemon fell over themselves to get out of the way; unlucky ones were scattered like bowling pins, or trampled underfoot. If it was trash day, empty cans were thrown into the deserted streets with metallic or plastic clamor. If boxes or any debris were on the sidewalk, they too would be scattered to the winds. No one and nothing on the sidewalk was safe.

Carl would hear the chaos first. When the little devil would rush right by his hanging spot, the Victreebel would shout curses and demand respect. However, the runner would keep going past the last house, then make a direct ninety-degree turn to catch the next street. Minutes later, he’d go dashing by again in an endless loop. The other neighbors would have hidden in their garages or lawns by then, but Carl would not be deterred from his sunning spot.

Not even by Goonie the Linoone, menace to a dopey society.

Day after day, the routine continued. Carl cursed and demanded while Goonie dashed on in diligent ignorance. Despite the routine, the Linoone wasn’t always like clockwork. He always ran by Carl’s house first at the start of his daily run, but then it was unpredictable when Goonie would show up next. Sometimes his route was simply a short loop, while other times his route dared (thankfully) around other suburban streets.

Carl tried to do something about it. He tried to spread poison spikes on the sidewalk. When Goonie dashed by, he somehow missed all of them and blew them away. Carl’s Trainer was not happy when he stepped on the spikes in the yard that evening. Another day, he spit acid at the pest. Goonie ignored the damage, what little managed to hit. Carl’s Trainer was not happy about the dissolved section of sidewalk.

And then one day, Goonie did not appear.

Carl waited until two, growing dreadfully paranoid of getting rushed. But then it was apparent that the dummy wasn’t going to run today. Delighted, Carl dozed off in the sunlight, drooling little drops of honey-scented acid. While his Trainer yelled at him for ruining the paint job on the fence, the Victreebel didn’t care. It had been a great day.

And so was the next day, and the day after that. Goonie did not show up to be a running disaster area. It was such a great change that Carl wasn’t even disturbed by the neighborhood kids playing Dodgeball and such things on Saturday. If Goonie had died, that was fine. It was more likely that he had moved to Denver, or some such far away place. So long as he was far from Carl, it was perfect.

On Sunday, Carl was dawdling on his fence as usual when a number of little girls came walking down the sidewalk. They were singing some dazzling some about the days of the week while dragging along. He pretended to doze off, so that they didn’t bug him. But then he opened his eyes enough to see what they had in their daisy-decorated red wagon: Goonie the Linoone, with his front legs all bandaged up. Someone, probably these girls, had doodled get-well wishes on the casts.

Carl made his top flap ripple, then looked to the girls. “What are you doing with him?”

“We’re taking him on his daily route,” one of the girls said. “He got in an accident the other day and got double hurt in breaking both legs. Since we didn’t see Goonie yesterday, we went to see his Trainer this morning and offered to take him out.”

“Oh? What kind of accident did you get into?” It wasn’t a deadly one, to Carl’s dismay.

Looking glum, Goonie’s ears were drooped. “It was that Park Drive that got me,” he said in a depressed manner. “All the other roads around here are direct and straight, but not Park. It has a doozy of a double-S curve and it can’t be run straight. I kept telling myself, someday, I’ll conquer that drifting Park Drive. I thought if I made small zig-zags going down that road, I could make it. On Wednesday, I was ready and raring to give it my best. But, it defeated me and I ran into a parked delivery truck.”

“So that’s how it is. And here I thought you had moved.”

The girls all smiled. “But aren’t you glad to see that he’s still here?” one asked. “As they say, you never know what you’re missing until…”

“No, I am not glad!” Carl declared. “Was that why you decided to drag his sorry hide in front of my home? To teach me some dazzle-eyed heart-shaped goody-two-shoes moral? Well no thank you. I am a displaced old Pokmeon who should be in the deepest darkest parts of the dense Amazon jungle drawing in dimwitted dummies like him for my prey. Bah, Goonie wouldn’t even last among the dramatic trees and dim undergrowth of the Amazon. He’d ram his skull being unable to dodge all the trees, and he’d do it so many times that he’d get permanent brain damage. Can’t you even think to slow down to take that drunkenly designed road?”

“I don’t ever slow down,” Goonie grumbled densely. “It would be dishonorable to my ancestors and descendants.”

“Bah, I don’t care. I don’t have to. So scram! Stop desecrating my part of the sidewalk.”

The girls started at him for a bit, puzzled. “Wow, such a demanding old dodder,” one said, making the others laugh.

“Come on, let’s keep going,” another said. “We can get chocolate donuts for dessert.”

After giving a cheer, the girls moved on, taking Goonie in their wagon with them. Carl grumbled and daydreamed of dissolving that dumb Linoone to an itty bitty dot. “Guess I’ll have to appreciate these drowsy days while I’ve got them,” he muttered to himself.

And as soon as Goonie recovered, he went right back to dashing dangerously right by Carl’s dozing spot.

Victreebel Soul Silver entry: This horrifying plant Pokemon attracts prey with aromatic honey, then melts them in its mouth.

Ruby entry: Linoone always runs at full speed and only in straight lines. If facing an obstacle, it makes a right-angle turn to evade it. This Pokemon is very challenged by gently curving roads.

Aww poor Carl. I know how he feels. The kids at my school are jerks and I dream of doing the exact same thing..... ( Not the melting in the mouth but with hyper beam) Anyway You manged to capture Carl's hatred of Goonie perfectly. You need to make a list and continue to update it because its getting harder to find ones you haven't done already.
    And on a different note do you think you could make camo appearances with alternate pokedex entries. For example you use that one awesome magikarp entire as an ending to a different one shot. Or bring back the rotom that you put on Giovannis phone.
    Now can I request a Primeape/Togekiss one?
    *Warning! Warning!*

This was a very well-written story with great characters. I especially love how Victreebell is portrayed sort of as the "get off my lawn" grumpy old man. The acid-spitting scene was also very funny! Well done, can't wait for more!

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Default Very Cool

Hey there! I just started reading these and I'm really enjoying them. Carl, Eva, Goonie, and the rest are fun characters that really pop off the page. My favorite has to be Benny, though. His irrepressible optimism reminds me of my younger cousins when they're playing games.

"There's never trouble when it's sunny!" I really enjoyed that part!

I don't usually make requests, but if you haven't done Chikorita yet, that's one I'd like to see. If you have, I probably missed it--haven't had time to read all of yours yet. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading it!

That poor Victreebell... Great one-shot, as always! The "brought to you by the letter D" part made me laugh.
    Anyway, about the Missingno. entry:

R/S: "This is a newly discovered Pokémon. It is currently under investigation."

Emerald: This is a newly discovered Pokémon. It is currently under investigation. No detailed information is available at this time."

In fact, this glitch Pokemon isn't Missingno, for some reason. Bulbapedia lists it under the name "Ten question marks" or "??????????".

To find out more about this glitch, visit http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...question_marks
    Last edited by The_Shuppeteer_; 26th March 2010 at 4:25 AM.
    Hacks are Pokemon too. If you believe hacks are Pokemon and don't deserve to be shunned because of what they are copy and paste this in your signature. Started by The_Shuppeteer_.

Ash: "Hey Pikachu, what happened? I ran to go take a piss and Mewtwo and Mew attacked me."

That's something you can use for a pokedex entry but I think you should look at its page on bulbipedia. It shows a lot about what it can do. And what it can look like.
    *Warning! Warning!*

Hmm, kind of a vague entry. I can still work with it, though. And I do whatever the entries suggest to me, so cameos are pretty much on a whim or it really does fit.

@songcrystal: Hey there! I did Chikorita; it was with Feraligator.

If you haven't noticed, I have an index to this thread now on the first page. Yay! It took me all weekend to get it done, but there it is now. You can see now what I have and haven't covered, so that helps. It's also interesting to see where the entries are clustered...

In Process: Dusclops/Mime Jr
    On Deck: Trapinch, Seedot/Wailmer, Missingno, Togekiss

PINECO, FORRETRESS, AND SPEAROW

The fourth grade classroom was buzzing with chatter. The students were split into two, each group at their own table. As it wasn’t time for class to start up again, three were at the teacher’s desk up front, examining a Pokemon sitting there. She was two feet tall and one and a half feet across, with no limbs. She did have large steel growths, some squarish and flat, others long and rounded. Although they had looked around her, they couldn’t find her eyes.

“Is she sleeping?” one girl asked, gingerly poking at the center crack.

“Ruuu,” the Pokemon muttered, sounding like metal fragments were rustling inside her shell.

“Sounds like she’s awake,” a boy answered.

“But then why’s she shut up like this? Hey Pokemon, I wanna see your face.”

“Shunk.” It sounded negative, but they weren’t sure.

“I know how to get her to open up,” the second boy said, pulling a berry out of his pocket. “Pokemon like berries. Here, you can have this if you show us your face.”

Their teacher came back to the desk. “I wouldn’t offer her that in your hand,” she warned.

“Huh? Why not? Pokemon don’t hurt people.”

“Not on purpose. Toss it gently to her.”

“Okay.” The boy did as instructed. Somehow sensing it, the Pokemon turned a bit, then snapped open its shell to grab the berry. It happened so fast that the only evidence of it was a sudden movement and a loud metallic smash.

The girl stepped back and brought her hands up to her chest. “Wow. Can she bite off your hand?”

“Probably. She wouldn’t mean to, like I said.”

“But we were trying to see her face,” the first boy said.

“I hardly ever see her face. Go on, back to your seats now.” After waving them away, she called to the rest of the kids, “All right, class, we’re starting a new project today. Since most of you will be turning ten by next summer, you will likely be getting your first Pokemon at the end of school. But you’ll need to know how to take care of them. So for this semester, your group will be taking care of a Pokemon. You will all need to show responsibility in this project, and take turns bringing the Pokemon back to your homes when school is over. Are you ready to do this?”

“Yes Miss Jensen,” the class said, although many of the students were too excited to really think about responsibility. They were getting a Pokemon to care for! A few were already trying to figure out ways to make sure that he or she would get to take the Pokemon home more than the rest of the group.

“I hope so. And before you ask, you’re not getting my Forretress here.” She patted the Steel Pokemon sitting on the desk.

The Forretress made her metal rustling sound again.

“Today you’re going to meet your group’s Pokemon and we’ll be learning about both of them. Whoever shows the best understanding in your group will be able to take the Pokemon home tonight.” Miss Jensen then came out from behind her desk with two Pokeballs. “The east group will have Spearow and the west group will have Pineco.”

Although she released the two Pokemon onto the two tables, she kept the balls for now. The east table got a small brown and red bird with short wings and a large stubby beak. He looked over the group with keen eyes, then hopped over and pecked at one kid’s notebook. Over at the west table, there was a bluish Bug that looked much like a pinecone, only larger that a normal cone. He also looked over the kids, but didn’t move from his spot.

“Spearow is a Normal Flying type Pokemon,” the teacher said, walking back to the chalkboard and beginning to write these things down. “And Pineco is a Bug type.”

“So that means Spearow would beat Pineco in a fight,” one of the boys at the east table said, a little excitedly.

“Josh,” she reprimanded.

“Oh, sorry,” he said quieter, about speaking out of turn.

“Both of these Pokemon can evolve,” Miss Jensen stated. “These two are young, so it’s unlikely to happen by the end of the semester. Do you know what they evolve into?” She turned to the group and picked one of the raised hands.

“Spearow evolves into Fearow,” another boy said.

“That’s right. And what about Pineco?”

The hands went down, as the children weren’t certain what it turned into. The Forretress on the desk shook a bit and chuckled in her steely way. In imitation, the Pineco shook and chuckled in a way that was more like grass rustling.

“They know,” Miss Jensen said. “Pineco evolves into Forretress. You can see this in how Pineco and Forretress are often found in the same trees. Now what do you know about Pineco?”

A few more hands went back into the air, eager to impress. The first girl called on said, “My dad says to never climb a Pineco tree, cause if you disturb them, they’ll all fall out and explode.”

“That’s true. They do this to scare predators away.”

“Will this one explode too?” she asked, looking a bit nervous.

“Krrrr?” the Pineco asked.

“He shouldn’t,” Miss Jensen answered. “If he does learn that kind of skill, you should be careful of what he does with it. Of course, you should be careful with any kind of Pokemon skill. Their abilities are often greater than our own.” The Forretress gave a quick clank of her shell halves, as if to remind a certain three of what she could do. “What else?”

“He tries to look like a pinecone with his shell,” another girl said. “But he’s too big for that.”

“That is one way to look at it,” the teacher said. “But it’s also to defend against bird Pokemon who would peck at him, as the shell is tough.”

“Is that how he evolves into that?” a boy asked. “Cause he makes his shell tougher so the birds can’t get him no more?”

“Right. Now, what about Spearow over there? What do you know about him?”

The boy who was called on said, “I’ve seen them out in fields before. They hop around on the ground and flap their wings, but don’t fly. I think they were playing some game.”

“Maybe. But they also hunt for bugs, mostly the non-Pokemon ones, by stirring up the grass the bugs hide in. So what does that tell us about how to feed a Spearow?”

“Let him scatter it all over the floor?” one boy asked, getting some giggles from his classmates.

“I don’t think your parents would approve of that,” Miss Jensen said.

“You should let the Spearow hunt in the grass for bugs?” another boy asked.

“That’s right. Some Pokemon need to be fed with dishes, while others need to be allowed to hunt. And some others, mostly the Grass Pokemon, take in sunlight more than they eat, so they need to rest in the sun for some time every day without being disturbed. What else do you know about Spearow?”

“They have super sight,” a girl said. “You can’t fool a Spearow with Sand Attack.”

“Correct. That is their innate ability, known as Keen Eye.”

The lesson went on and the kids were allowed to interact and examine their group’s Pokemon. They didn’t know it, but Miss Jensen was watching them for more than just deciding their grades. In this project, she was gathering information on who she should recommend to receive an official starter Pokemon from the region’s professor. There were many other factors, and none of the kids in her class might make the final cut. But when most of them would get their first Pokemon from their parents, one of them might just be picked to get the special rare starter of their choice at the beginning of summer.

Pineco D/P/P entry: It looks just like a pinecone. Its shell protects it from bird Pokemon that peck it by mistake.

Forretress Emerald entry: It keeps itself inside its steel shell. The shell is opened when it is catching prey, but it is so quick that the shell’s insides cannot be seen.

Spearow Heart Gold entry: It flaps its short wings to flush out insects from tall grass. It then plucks them with its stubby beak.

Yeah, that entry was kind of average. Anyhow, happy Easter, even if I'm almost late for the holiday! Here's the Lopunny entry. I wanted to avoid it last year due to being kind of obvious. This year, I just had fun with it.

In Process: Dusclops/Mime Jr
    On Deck: Trapinch, Seedot/Wailmer, Missingno, Togekiss
    Reserve: ... (4/22)

LOPUNNY

It was a big day for the Lopunny. In the past, that usually meant some important Contest, like the Grand Festival. Especially the Grand Festival. He would have spent weeks with his Coordinator practicing moves, dances, flourishes, acting, walking, everything, in order to put on the best show that they could. However, he was retired now. Most days were spent at Floraoma’s Flower Shop, charming the customers and showing off available accessories. Today was different. Today was Easter Sunday.

In some ways, it was a bit embarrassing to be playing this silly role for kids. But they liked him for it and he got to dress up again. This year, it was a classy red Cool Scarf tied around his neck with a white lily pinned to the knot. He also had white leather shoes and white gloves, giving him a faithful and purity look. That made up for having to swallow his pride for this event.

After the church service, there was a potluck lunch. The Lopunny ate carefully so as not to get messed up. The salad of early spring greens was very good, although he never understood why humans would ruin something like that by adding creamy or oily dressings. In his opinion, salads just needed lots of vegetables and lots of color. No disgusting dressings or musty meats.

Much of the Floraoma residents and visitors gathered outside the Flower Shop after lunch. Since he was something of a star of the event, the Lopunny stood on a chair right up front. He observed the kids who were restlessly waiting there, eager to set off. A few came up to him out of curiosity; he put on his best smile and played the charmer for them. Although it wasn’t quite as important as treating Contest judges nice, he did this out of an honest desire to make them happy. It was fun to be admired and special, even for just one day out of the year.

The owner of the Flower Shop rang a bell for attention. “Hello, and thank you all for coming out to this year’s Easter egg hunt! We give you all a warm greeting, especially our master of ceremonies, Peter Cottontail.”

“Wuurroop!” he called out, getting a cheer from the crowd. Years ago, he used to feel slightly bitter towards his original Coordinator for giving him such a childish name. It took being traded to someone else, which unfortunately stuck him with the name, to finally be comfortable with evolving to a Lopunny. These days, Peter didn’t mind it so much.

“Peter has been up since early this morning hiding gift eggs for all of you to find.” Actually, it had been him and the three women who worked in the shop hiding the plastic eggs, but they never took credit for it. “He worked very hard, so there are plenty for all of you to find out in the meadow. Some of them have candy and small toys inside. Others have a slip of paper for which you can receive a bigger prize with. And the grand prize of this year’s hunt is a Pokemon egg so your family can have a special Pokemon to love and care for!”

Now that part of this year’s hunt, Peter didn’t agree with so much. It wasn’t his own, as it had come from a generous breeder who lived in another town. Even so, he didn’t want the egg to go to just anybody who happened upon the big prize egg. Being a Pokemon, he couldn’t really argue that well with his current owner. But he could stage his protest in another manner. For the moment, he called upon his years of competing experience to look upbeat and complacent.

“So kids, are you ready?”

“Yeah!” came an excited chorus. Some kids hopped up while others waved their colorful baskets.

“All right then, when Peter rings the bell, we’ll begin.” She handed the Lopunny her bronze school bell. “Whenever you’re ready, sweetie.”

‘Ko?” he asked, lifting his ears and giving his best, ‘what am I supposed to do with this thing’ look.

The owner smiled. “Oh yes. You should all say please so you may begin.”

“Please?” the kids asked, looking to him. Some even asked “Please may we look for the eggs, Peter?” A few of the older ones just smiled or looked annoyed to be treated in this way.

“Waarroo,” he replied to them, and rang the bell merrily. The kids cheered and ran off into the flower filled meadow to search for the hidden eggs.

“You have such fun with this, don’t you?” the owner asked him, patting him gently on the head.

“Koo.” He handed the bell back to her and hopped off the chair. Peter had his own agenda today, and for that, he needed to be hunting with the kids. But not for any eggs.

Now, which kid would be suitable for raising a new Pokemon?

Before long, several kids had come up to him asking, “Peter, where’s the big prize egg?” He just shook his head or, if the child was particularly stubborn, pointed by spinning around. Some showed an egg they found and asked, “What’s the prize in this egg?” He merely shrugged. They weren’t to be opened until after the hunt was done.

He found one teenaged boy who was moving around with a crutch. His left foot was all bound up in a cast. From the smell of it, it had been on for some time. The boy smiled when he came over, but didn’t call to him. “Hey sis, Peter’s come over to say hi.”

“Oh, really?” A young girl appeared out of a bunch of tall flowers, carrying a blue basket. She grinned widely when she saw him. “Hi Peter! You’re such a pretty Pokemon.” She came over and hugged him.

“Werrro,” he replied. Actually, he was master of coolness, but he wouldn’t argue with a little kid about it.

“I’m live way over in Solacence,” the girl said when she stepped back. “But my big bro came back from his journey and brought me here for the holiday!”

“Yeah, well I’m not making it all the way up to Snowpoint like this,” he admitted. “But I was planning on bringing her out this way anyhow.”

“Weh.” He patted the boy on his right leg. It was a nice deed, indicating a nice person. Maybe this one.

He looked around some more and found a pair of teens, a boy and a girl. “Oh, this is not silly,” the girl said. “It’s fun. Can’t enjoy this kind of thing for much longer, you know.”

“I’m only doing it because they have some nice prizes up for the taking,” the boy replied.

“And chocolate,” the girl added merrily.

Maybe not. About that point, he got grabbed from behind. “I got you!”

Peter squealed and kicked out his right leg to knock the boy down. He then slipped away before he got dragged down too. Years of learning to move with the grace required for Contests made it look effortless. Grumbling, he rubbed his ears where he had been snatched. Out of anything that could bother him, he hated having his long ears roughed up the most.

“Ow… what was that for?” the troublesome boy asked.

“He’s probably asking you the same thing,” one of the Flower Shop workers said as she helped him up. “You have to be careful with a Lopunny’s ears.”

Not wanting to bother with this one anymore, Peter hopped along to check on the other kids. There were some he felt were good, while others didn’t seem caring. By the time the hour long egg hunt was over, he was back on his chair, waiting for the crowd to come back in. The kids were already opening the colorful eggs, trading candies, and wondering what other big prizes there were.

The Flower Shop owner nodded, so Peter picked up the bell and rang it again. “Okay, now it’s time to give out the big prizes,” she called. “Who has number 5?”

A young girl raised her hand, holding the slip of paper. “I do!”

“Great, then you get a Silver Glitter body paint, suitable for Contest decorating or your own makeup.” She handed the girl a small round container containing the paint. “And who has number 4?”

A boy got a Pokeball cushion for having number four. Number three, a teenaged boy, got a special Easter Flowers backdrop for use in Contests (he took it with a gracious smile, but didn’t look so grateful as he went away.) For number two, a teenaged girl got a set of five Great Balls, all with pastel seals for a festive look. Then finally,

“And who has the lucky number 1 and our top prize?”

Nobody raised their hands. Peter put his paws to his mouth to hide a smirk. Of course no one had found that egg. He had to watch out for the little Pokemon. In the crowd, the kids grew puzzled. Some double checked their eggs, just in case one had been left unexamined.

“Oh dear, so no one found that egg?” The shop owner looked down at him. “Peter sweetheart, you’ve done your job a little too well this year.”

“Waawroo!” he declared, then reached under his red scarf to pull out a special gold egg. He held it up for the crowd, and his owner, to see.

“He hid it very well,” one of the other workers said with a laugh.

Hopping off his chair again, Peter went into the crowd of kids. He went up to the boy with the broken foot and offered the egg to him. “Koo chah.”

“Oh, for me?” he asked, taking it in his right hand. “Thank you.” He opened up the egg, which had a chocolate candy egg and a slip of paper that was marked ‘1’. Out of the whole group, Peter liked this one’s attitude best, taking out some time to do something for his little sister. “This has the prize slip.”

“That’s not fair,” another boy declared. “He didn’t really find that one.”

“To wah choo!” Peter countered.

Fortunately, a Kadabra was with one of the kids there. ‘He says that he wanted to make sure that the egg got to a good caretaker,’ the psychic translated.

“I suppose we shouldn’t argue with the instincts of a Pokemon,” the shop owner said as Peter hopped back onto his chair. “So you get our special mystery egg. No one knows what Pokemon will come out of it, but be sure to treat it well, no matter what it is.”

“Sure enough,” the boy said.

Peter felt confident that he would keep his word.

Lopunny Platinum entry: The ears appear to be delicate. If they are touched roughly, it kicks with its graceful legs.

This was a very cute story for Easter. I like how it alomost has a Willy Wonka feel to it (picking the best-behaved kid.)

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Almost a triple post. Haha, nice work jumping a reply while my dial-up was struggling. I felt ambitious today, so I wrote two entries. The author who inspired this is pretty easy to guess. But can you tell what story in particular?

I'm looking for an Earth Day entry. Any suggestions? Also, if there's any issues with the index, please inform me.

In Process: Trapinch
    On Deck: Seedot/Wailmer, Missingno, Togekiss
    Reserve: ... (4/22)

DUSCLOPS AND MIME JR.

In the forest of Gizzagaroo, there lived many Pokemon of many kinds. There were Hoppips that went hop. There were Bellsprouts that went sprout. There were Blastoise that went blast. And there were Wurmples that went wurmp.

When it was night in Gizzagaroo, there was also a tall Dusclops that slunk about in shadows. Dusclops could eat anything. He would turn to smoke, move over the object, and absorb it straight into his body. He ate rocks, bushes, signposts, plates, cars, trash cans, spoons, anything. And when he ate something, it vanished entirely. If you looked into his mouth, you would see nothing but air.

Dusclops also had another power, which was hypnosis. He would wave his hands in a spooky way and look into the other Pokemon’s eyes with his single red eye. With that eye, he could see right into a Pokemon’s soul. It would startle the Pokemon, but then lull it into a strange sleep. Dusclops could then make the other Pokemon do whatever he asked it to do. If he asked it to jump, it would jump. If he asked it to give up a berry, it would give him the berry. If he asked it to do the Bam-Shazam dance, it would do the Bam-Shazam dance. He chose to use this power to keep other Pokemon from bothering him too much, as he was easily annoyed.

When it was day in Gizzagaroo, there was also a small Mime Jr. that danced about in dandelions. Mime Jr. could dance like no other Pokemon in the forest. She twirled around on one toe, changing directions as she pleased. She could do the splits. She could jump and turn many times. She could dance a waltz, a jazz, a rock, a roll, a disco, and a Charleston. No matter how much she danced, she never got dizzy and she never fell down.

Mime Jr. also had another power, which was mimicry. She would see what a Pokemon would do and copy it right as the other Pokemon was moving. She was like a living mirror, moving exactly in sync without being told so. When she did this, Pokemon were fascinated. They would watch her mimics, amazed that she could do such things. She could hop like the Hoppips and sprout like the Bellsprouts. She could blast like the Blastoise and even wurmp like the Wurmples. When she used this power, she used their moment of awe to run away, as she was a shy creature.

For many days and many nights, Dusclops and Mime Jr. never met. When he stopped slunking, she started dancing. When she stopped dancing, he started slunking. It seemed that they never would met ever. But there came one time when they did meet.

It was morning. Dusclops was trying to find a quiet place to stop slunking and start sleeping. Mime Jr. was waking up and stretching for her daily dances. In the clearing by the great Nimbo tree, the two Pokemon nearly walked into each other.

They both stopped and looked at the strange Pokemon before them. The tall Dusclops thought that he had found an annoying little creature who would keep him awake. The small Mime Jr. thought that she had found a scary big creature who would hurt her badly. Because of this, they both decided to use their powers to drive the other away.

On one side, Dusclops looked down into Mime Jr.’s eyes with his one red eye. He brought his hands up and passed them between their gazes in a strange and spooky way. He focused his power on hypnosis.

On the other side, Mime Jr. looked up into Dusclops’ one red eye with her two black eyes. As he did, she brought her hands up and passed them between their gazes in a strange and spooky way. She focused her power on mimicry.

And both Pokemon succeeded.

Dusclops was startled that this small Pokemon could do exactly what he did at exactly the same moment. His startle turned to wonder and he looked down at her in fascination. What would she do next? He wanted to know so he could watch.

Mime Jr. was startled by this tall Pokemon’s power, even as she mimicked it. Her startle turned to a lull and she watched up at him in obedience. What did he want her to do? She wanted to know so she could do it.

However, both were caught up by the powers and couldn’t do a thing. They were both hypnotized with fascination. They stayed where they were and watched each other.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

The day went on, but neither of them moved. Other Pokemon in the forest of Gizzagaroo saw the two standing there watching. But none of them could do anything to break the spell. The Hoppips hopped between them, but could not break the gaze. The Bellsprouts sprouted around, but could not get the attention of Dusclops or Mime Jr. Not even the Blastoise blast nor the Wurmple wurmp could do anything. The two Pokemon stayed there, watching each other for their next move.

Finally, the night came and a Kricketune came upon the scene at the great Nimbo tree. “What has happened to these two?” he asked.

“They have been standing like that all day, staring at each other,” a Blastoise said.

“Nobody can get them to stop,” a Wurmple added.

“We don’t know what happened,” a Hoppip said.

The Bellsprout might have said something, but it had fallen asleep right as the sun had set. It fell asleep every night, so it had not seen Dusclops before as well. Bellsprout snored.

Kricketune looked over the pair, then nodded. “I shall try something.” He put his legs together wrong and rubbed them together.

SKREEEEEEEEEECH!

It was an awful horrible sound. Kricketune could play the most beautiful of melodies with his musical legs, but he did not want to right then. In order to break the spell, he played the most horrible of discords that he could think of.

Every other Pokemon in the area cried and covered their ears from the awful sound. That finally broke the spell between Dusclops and Mime Jr., as they also cried out against the noise. “Make it go away,” the small Pokemon said in fright.

“What did you do that for?” the tall Pokemon said in anger.

“You got caught on each other’s power,” Kricketune told them. “I saved you from being stuck here forever.”

They were not very happy with him. Mime Jr. cried such pitiful tears that every Pokeon watching felt sorry for her and angry at Kricketune for making her cry. Dusclops attacked him with such force that the Bug was thrown into the great Nimbo tree. After that, they went their separate ways.

But they knew of each other now. When Dusclops and Mime Jr. meet in the forest of Gizzagaroo, they smiled politely at each other and passed on by. Dusclops knew that she would not annoy him and Mime Jr. knew that he would not hurt her. And so the great stare-off of mimicked hypnosis never happened again.

Sapphire entry: Dusclops absorbs everything, however large the object may be. This Pokemon hypnotizes its foe by waving its hands in a macabre manner and by bringing its single eye to bear. The hypnotized foe is made to do Dusclop’s bidding.

Mime Jr. Diamond entry: It habitually mimics foes. Once mimicked, the foe cannot take its eyes off this Pokemon.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 5th April 2010 at 5:20 AM.

The poor Kricketune! He was only trying to help. Shame on you Mime Jr.! Shame on you Dusclops!
    Anyway, the last three entries were great. I really wasn't expecting the Lopunny to be male, so it was surprising. Well, Ysaavryl is extremely good at surprising people!

Nice stories, although I do feel sorry for the Kricketune.

And I just can't help but ask- in the Lopunny story, what Pokemon was in the egg?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Double posting is not fair! especially yesterday! Well it wasn't really double posting was it? hmm... how about no posting on and off? ........That doesn't work....
    Anyways the Easter one was really sweet, but I think you should have described some other egg hunters. It just seemed of the you described only two people. And for the Mime Jr. one was very funny. I love it when there are two Pokemon that when brought together could create utter madness. Maby you could do Oddish for Earth day??
    *Warning! Warning!*

I was gonna request a Shiftry/Sudowoodo/Exeggutor story for Arbor Day, but all three have been done already. Sooooo.... I'd like to request a Doduo/Arceus story. Because I can just imagine the sheer awesomeness.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Eek, it's been a while. I got caught up in lots of stuff.

@MM: That is a really awesome idea.

In Process: Oddish (4/22), Seedot/Wailmer
    On Deck: Missingno, Togekiss, Doduo/Arceus
    Reserve:

TRAPINCH AND VIBRAVA

Trapinch had a very important duty in the village. When spring came, the grounds unfroze and rockslides would block the passage to the main road. Rockslides also happened after summer storms, or natural quakes, or someone’s tantrum with Earthquake. When that happened, he got up early to clear the rocks from the road. It was easy for him. He had a great big jaw that was bigger than the rest of his body, and it was strong to boot. He could grip rocks and toss them out of the way. If they were too big, he could simply crunch it to smaller pieces. The road would be cleared and everyone would be happy.

Well, most everyone.

Staraptor and Pidgeot were laughing at him. Just a few moments ago, he had been clearing the road yet again. Then one of this pair, he wasn’t sure which one, had dived down at him, grabbed at his body, then flipped him upside-down. Now he was quite stuck. The jaws that made him so proud also made it hard to flip himself back upright.

“Will you two quit doing that?” he asked angrily. “Who’s gong to clear the road now?”

“Why should we care about that?” Staraptor asked. “We’ll just fly over that bit of rubble.”

“What about the rest of us?”

Pidgeot laughed. “Well if you’re gonna complain about this, then you’re all a bunch of sissies. Sissies!”

“And you’re the loser who just does whatever the other sissies tell him,” Staraptor hooted. “You’re not so mighty and important. You’re little and funny looking.”

A crack of lightning appeared between the two birds, who flew off with angry calls. Before long, Luxio appeared by Trapinch. “Need some help?” she asked.

“Yeah, thanks,” he replied. She nudged his jaw to roll him onto his side, from where he could swung his feet back to the ground. “I hate those two jokers. Every single time I come out to do my job, they keep flipping me over.”

“They’re just bullies,” Luxio said. “Nobody in the village likes them, but if you antagonize them, they just get worse.”

“Cause you’re all sissies!” Pidgeot called from far off, getting a hooting laugh from Staraptor.

“And they don’t have much of an imagination,” Luxio said under her breath.

“But somebody’s got to do something about them,” Trapinch said. “Or they’ll just keep bullying everybody.”

“Don’t worry about it. They’ll get what’s coming to them some day.”

“Yeah, like the annihilation of this stupid village!” Staraptor called out, getting a squeaky laugh from Pidgeot.

But Trapinch had had enough of those two. He was going to do something about it and he felt he knew what would work. Once he cleared the road for the others, he went back to his house, cleaned up, packed a few things, then set out on the road.

Progress was slow. His legs were short, forcing him to a small pace. As his jaws and head were so large, it got heavy on his shoulders and he would have to stop for a rest. He had no hands, so getting anything out of his pack meant pulling it off and handling everything gently with his jaws. And while he had digging claws, they were best suited for sandy grounds, not clay-filled earth. It took until nightfall to reach his location, the luminous spring just outside of the small village and along the main road.

Throughout the world, there were these places where natural springs appeared, producing not water, but light. A luminous spring would fill the area around it with a cool light, like that which came from the moon. While it was certainly a place of beauty, a spring like this was important for another larger reason. At a luminous spring, a Pokemon could choose to evolve if it was ready. Trapinch knew that he had been ready for a while, but hadn’t yet come. Now he had a good reason to.

Nipping off his pack to set it aside, Trapinch walked into the spring of light. “Oh spirit of the light, I have come for your gift.”

He became aware that something was watching him, as if someone invisible had stirred at his words. Nothing around him changed, aside from a knowledge that a greater power was there. “Welcome, Trapinch. Are you looking to evolve?”

“Yes, I am.” The spirit of light went through the same questions every time, but every Pokemon had to answer them. Interrupting or insulting the spirit would cause it to refuse to evolve anyone until the offender apologized or some gift made by a local leader. Even then, the offender usually didn’t get evolved.

“You are strong enough. Do you need anything in order to evolve?”

“No.”

“You are honest. Now close your eyes and relax. Let the light envelop you.”

Although it was hard to bite down on his excitement, Trapinch closed his eyes and did his best to be calm. He felt a warm sensation of joy come over him. It was so powerful that it caused his body to break apart into dust. But it left his mind and soul alone.

Then his body came back together, changing its form. He grew larger and longer, but a bit thinner. He lost his oversized jaw and gained a pair of long diamond shaped wings. Even his eyes, they went from small and flat to large and domed. With his body, his abilities and capabilities changed. He could do a lot more, including get revenge on those bullying birds.

Eventually, the joy and light let him go. “It is done,” the spirit of light said. “You are no longer Trapinch. You are now Vibrava. You have one more evolution possible, but you are not yet strong enough. You must wait two weeks before you may return.”

“Okay, thank you!” Vibrava moved, no, flew out of the spring of light. He was able to pick up his pack with one of his legs and use it easily. And around him, the world looked very different. It seemed sharper, clearer, and more colorful. While it was all so interesting, he had one thing on his mind: getting revenge.

Vibrava flew back to his village in a blink, as opposed to taking hours along the road. While he did so, he reflected on the new powers that had been granted to him. Several stood out as good ones to use against Staraptor and Pidgeot. They might still be stronger than him, but he could outwit them.

After looking around carefully, he found the two bullies perched on the roof on the mayor’s house, hooting and cackling at something. Maybe just to disrupt the mayor’s peace. Smiling, Vibrava flew down along the ground, twitching his wings in a peculiar manner. This stirred up the dirt until it rose up into a sandstorm. It felt like little more than raindrops to him. At least, how the others describe raindrops. He’d never liked being out in the rain.

Staraptor and Pidgeot weren’t so tolerant. They tried to shield their heads with their wings. “Gah! Who *cough* stirred up all *cough* this dirt?”

“Some *cough* fool looking for a *cough* beating!” Pidgeot answered. They flew off the roof.

Vibrava saw them, though. “You’re getting just what you deserve,” he said in a low voice, then rushed at them twitching his wings extremely rapidly. This made a high-pitched hum. His own ears were guarded against this annoyance. Not them, though.

They squalled in pain. Staraptor cursed loud enough to wake up anyone sleeping in the village. “You jerk! Show yourself, coward! I’ll beat you down for making this fool racket.” He spotted something and rushed at it.

However, he hit Pidgeot instead. “Watch it, you big dummy! Oh my poor ears. Shut up!” He lashed out at Staraptor.

Laughing, Vibrava kept up the irritating hum. The two birds eventually panicked and began flying this way and that, trying to escape the noise and the sandstorm. The newly made dragon chased them around until they found the way to the main road and flew away, never to be seen in the small village again.

Vibrava was quite pleased with himself and let the sandstorm die off. But as he did, he began hearing shouts from his neighbors. “Who the heck is responsible for this?!” somebody called. “I’ve got a splitting headache now.”

“Shut up, the noise is hurting me,” another said.

“WHO THREW DIRT ALL OVER MY FURNITURE?”

“My skin hurts…”

Then the mayor chimed in. “ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!” An angry Earthquake soon followed, centered on his house.

Oops. He hadn’t thought that his revenge against the bullies would affect everyone else in the village. Upset, Vibrava flew off to the trees outside the village. He cried himself to sleep.

By morning, he had decided that because he’d done something awful, he should leave. But he wanted to apologize and at least let someone know he would be gone. He flew back quietly and went to the mayor’s house.

No one seemed to be up yet, so he knocked quietly on the frame of the entrance. “Um, excuse me, mayor…”

“Come in,” he called, a bit groggy. Mayor Swampert was drinking some coffee. “Who’re you?”

“I’m Vibrava, was Trapinch. I wanted to say that I’m leaving the village. And, I’m really sorry about last night. I was responsible for the sandstorm and the painful noise. See, Staraptor and Pidgeot were teasing me all the time. They’d flip me over at any chance they got and I wouldn’t be able to get back onto my feet until someone came and flipped me back. And they’d tease and taunt me, making me feel like rubbish. So I thought if I evolved, I could do something to get back at them. I left to do so yesterday morning and when I became this, I was so filled with thoughts of revenge that I didn’t think that my actions would hurt anyone in the village. So I did something really stupid, and I’m really sorry about it.”

“You’ve apologized twice now,” Swampert pointed out.

“I mean it,” Vibrava said, looking down. “I’m not much better than those two guys, I realized. So I’m going to leave and try to become a better Pokemon before I come back.”

“You did something they never did, and that was accept responsibility for hurting others. So, on behalf of the village, I accept your apologies, and invite you to stay anyhow. The others will know that Staraptor and Pidgeot were responsible for what happened last night.”

“Sir? But that’s not what…”

Swampert nodded. “The one who did last night’s deeds will never do so again here, am I right?”

“Yes sir,” Vibrava said meekly. He was glad to stay, but still felt a bit guilty. He wouldn’t do anything like that again, certainly.

“All right then, Vibrava-was-Trapinch. Everything’s settled… except for one problem.”

“What problem?”

“There was a rockslide last night in response to an earthquake. Shame, those things are blocking the road all the time. Not that Trapinch is no longer here, I’m not sure who can clear the path.”

“Um, I think I can still do something.” He flew out of the house and to the road. While he had been flying, he hadn’t even noticed the roadblock. How careless of him.

With some tries, Vibrava figured out that a burst from his wings could cause the rocks to shatter still. After that, anyone with hands could help clear the much smaller gravel bits out of the way. He just had to make sure that no one was around to get a headache from the hum of his wings.

Trapinch Emerald entry: Its big jaws crunch through boulders. Because its head is so big, it has a hard time getting back upright if it tips over onto its back.

Vibrava HG/SS entry: It vibrates its wings vigorously, creating ultrasonic waves that cause serious headaches.

...wow I never really thought of other towns besides treasure town in the Exploration games. Poor trapinch I was kinda hoping that he could automatically evolve into a flygon. Now THAT would have taught those two a lesson. kudos to you. (did I spell that right?)On a oposite note YAY! Oddish for Earth day!!! I'm a big green freak and enjoy green stuff (not the mold ). Knowing you it will probably be something great or unexpected. But it CANT be both (yes it can...) No it CANT! (yes it CAN) NO IT CANT!! (IM THAT LITTLE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD AND YES IT CAN AND THAT'S FINAL) one moment Im have an identity problem right now.
    *Warning! Warning!*

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast