Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1435

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

It was to be a horror story, something terrifying and wrong. So it worked, although I doubt I'll do anything like that again.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    It was to be a horror story, something terrifying and wrong. So it worked, although I doubt I'll do anything like that again.
    I didnt notice the 'this may disturb you' line. I guess I shouldnt have said that anyways...
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Can you do a Regigigas/Staravia story?
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

I actually enjoyed the latest entry. And unlike some of the others posters, I thought the deaths fit quite well with the story. Added a touch of realisim and depth that I enjoyed. Nicely done! I've actually been closet reading your stuff for awhile now, but after seeing that I wanted to reply. I should have an actual review for you later on.

I don't know why others haven't commented on this, but the Cleffa is a shiny, right?

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

Excuse me, I just read your latest oneshot and I'm leaving to go take a long shower...

JK, but still disturbing. I find it unbelievable that a Cleffa could be that sinister. Well, then again, the anime once showed an evil Togepi of all things, so I guess anything's possible. I also checked, and for some reason, Cleffa can't learn Nasty Plot. Weird, huh?
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

^ Meanwhile, a Pokemon known for spreading happiness (Togepi) can. Weird, huh? =P
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Really? *failure music*

Oh, and I forgot. I wanna be on the PM list too! Except just for the ones I suggested! :P
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 8th May 2012 at 12:09 AM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Cleffa can learn Metronome, which could turn into something nasty. I thought of using it, but didn't. I'll try to remember to notify you, Z-nogyroP, but I know it's likely to slip my mind...

For this entry, all mistakes are intentional. Unless they're not. I had way too much fun with this. It may be confusing, but say it aloud and it might make sense.

In process: Sceptile/Marshtomp
    On Deck: Whimsicott/Tirtouga, Zweilous/Ferrothorn

Pidove and Noctowl

HI. I AM A PIDOVE AND YOU ARE A TYPERITER. I CAN RITE ON YOU.

oops had the caps lock on to long. but it is true. i got you for my birthday and i can now rite and be supah deep like a riter. But i have lots to learn about being a riter, like learning wen to use the caps lock key and making my peck style type supah fast. when I get it, then everyone will think that i am really smart. Riting is very complicated, dough. I have to practice lots and get lots smart.

I can be smart and if i learn from NOrton then I can be smart lots more fast. Norton is a noctowl and he is supah smart, more than any other pokemon in the forest. My flock of pidoves always goes to him for advice and we do wat he say to do. I think he is more smart than a human even. He knows stuff like math, riting, history, sciencish, places and lots more. he is a noctowl and he sleep in the day time, but we see him in the sun rise time and the sun set time. And he makes big big plans that we help him wiff... with. It is hard to spel.

One time wen we talk to him, he made a big big plan for Princes Es the staraptor to marry him. He loves her a great much but she dont like him much for some reason. I think Norton is great and she shud be glad he loves her. He keeps showing how much he loves her by making big plans to bring her to his oak tree and have a surprize wedding with her. But there is a dummie staraptor called Hero and he keeps stealing Prencesseses back. It is mean because Norton loves her more.

Norton tells us this one time that he had grand big plan to get the Princesss Es. He say 'I must get her to marry me so that I can rule the hole forest and all the lands around it. And I will because I have the perfect plan this time1 and you, my pidove mininions, will help me achieve this acccommpliplishmen ent..'

and we were all happy and cheering but I am not cheering now. Norton speaks big words that are even more hard to spel. And your manual is confuse like and I cant find how to use the shift key. I read the manual to know to spel that word manual rite. Manual is a nice word. I need to use it lots. But I rite the glorie of Norton, so I will percevier. Norton likes that word and uses it lots.

But at that time, Norton tells us of his plan. 'Princesseses is very strong, but there are a great many of you pidoves. I will tell you how to exacute my perfect plan, but it reqwhyers surbtefuge and you are not very brite. So I will tell you one at a time wat to do. Now, you are Mininion A, you are Minion B, you are minion C.' And he goes on to name all us letters.

Wen he gets to me, I flap up and say, 'I want to be Mininion N1 That sounds fun, mininionenenenenenenenenenenenen1'

'Min yon,' he says. 'it is minion. But if you like it so much, you are Minion N.'

And I cheered then because I had the most fun name. The other members of my flock were all jellus for my name. But it is mine and I will not give it up. Then Norton turned his head upside down and looked at all of us. When he does that it means that he is thinking really deep and smart thoughts, more smart than any of us can do. I have tried to turn my head upside down so I can be more smart to, but there must be a trik to it because I could not do that. Maybe when I get more smart then I can do that to.

Norton told me what my part of the plan was. 'Minion N, you are to take hold of the net which is very strong, between Minion G and Minion H. you will fly with the group hidden by the trees to where Princes Es is as determind by the scouts Mininion M and Minion O. when you get there, you will co ordinate with the group to capture Princes Es in the net. Then you and the group are to fly her in the net back to my tree.”

it was a lot of orders to keep in order oh I made a funny1 It was a lot of orders to keep in order which was very hard for me to do when I am not more smart yet. I had to find out who everyone was now with letter names and everybody had to figure out how to hold the net evenly. I held it in my beak and started to fly, but not everybody was ready and the net which is very strong is also very heavy. Minion B and Minion C and Minion D all crashed into each other before we even got the net which is very strong full off the ground. It is easy to fly in a flock because there is an order and everyone knows what to do in that order, but to fly with the net which is very strong could not be done in the normal order. We got it off the ground after more time but the leaves and branches kept getting cot and then the most terrible thing happened. Oh I am running out of page to type

-+-

Changing your paper is a hard job to do. I had to use my beak and wings and feet and everything to get it in and now it is crooked. I will have to ask Norton how he changes your paper.

I was telling a story of Norton's greatness. So Norton found us all tangled up in the net which is very strong and a tree and a delibird and it was all of us caught in a big bundle of feathers because we failed to capture Princes Es. We are not as smart and great as he is and he could have made the net plan work. Norton was angry for a time but he got us all out of the net which is very strong and said that he would make an even more perfect plan that could not go wrong so that he could marry Princes Es. And we said we would help him because we loved him as he is more smart than us and he deserves to be happy. I think that made him to happy for words as he shook his feathers and led us back home.

We got home and he asked us wat exactly happened back there. And I told him everything as much as I could remember but it was a lot to remember. And he say, 'is that so? I should have expected such difficultes wen leaving the plan up to you, more than I thought of. You do a good job of saying wat happened, minion.'

I say, 'I am Mininionenenenenenenenen and I love my name1' I told him, because it is such a great name.

Norton looked at me and says, 'i see,' which shows how more smart he is because he can see love and I cannot. 'In that case Minion N, you shall be appointed scribe to keep the records on wat I do.'

And I says, 'I make great records1 Wat is a record?'

he huffed and pointed me to a typeriter which is you and says, 'A scribe rites down great stories so that all pokemon can read about a great person like myself. You may have this typeriter. Think of it as a birthday gift.'

I got lots happy and fluttered much. I say, 'Thank you great Norton1 You are so much more smart that you knew my birthday and I dont even remember wen that was. I will rite great stories so that everybody will know your greatness forever.'

And I started to rite this story. It is over now. But I have much more paper and Norton tells me not to waste paper. I am Minion N and I must rite great things for everyone to know. So I must rite something great. Norton is great. Riting is great. You my typeriter is great. And I think I know wat to rite now so that this first story is the most great story ever riteed until I rite my next great story of Norton.

seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed seed

Now this story has so much good things that Norton will love how great of a riter I am.

Noctowl Pearl entry: If it flips its head upside-down, it’s a sign that it is engaged in very complex thinking.

Pidove Black entry: Each follows its Trainer’s orders as best it can, but they sometimes fail to understand complicated commands.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 11th May 2012 at 12:05 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Yay, first review! This one was extremely funny, with the Pidove constantly misspelling things. But there's one thing I don't understand. Why did Pidove write "seed" at least 100 times? Still, hilarious, and hooray! One more story until you use my combo! Oh, and one minor nitpick. You put Sceptile/Marshtomp as both On Deck and In Process. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

You know what the sad part is? 50% of the kids in my class write like Pidove. It makes me wanna bash my head into something. With that said, this was a great story! I love how naive Pidove was! This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It seriously made me crack up.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Aww poor brainwashed pidove. an he rite sO GOod. Lol.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Minion N the Pidove wrote 'seed' 646 times. No joke. We'll follow his logic: Seeds are good. this story needs to be good. Putting 'seed ' in it will make it good. Putting many 'seed' in it will make it more good.

Plus, he had to fill out the second page.

The double entry was a mistake; I usually erase them from 'on deck'. I'll go fix it.

Ah, 646 is the amount of Pokemon so far released. Also, this just occured to me, is Norton the Noctowl some sort of maniacal kidnapper who is just manipulating the Pidove to get married to a Pokemon who has absolutely no idea who he is? From the way Pidove described him, that's what I think of him. Also, is Minion N the Pidove's real name, or just a nickname?
    Plus, who doesn't love Pidove? Except for spellcheck?

Oh, dang, forgot one more thing. What word is Pidove saying when he types "subterfuge"?
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 20th May 2012 at 3:56 PM.

Hehehe that Pidove is adorable, the personality fits it very well I love it,
    Oh, and can I request a Slowking/Regigigas story please, because I have yet to see one of either, and Slowking is such an awesome Pokemon too (^∇^)
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

Finally caught up again, once more, so impressed with your writing style and your ability to paint a picture with words. The stories have gotten a little darker recently but it's still so enthralling. My favourite of this batch was Zorua. People have been giving you more and more Pokemon of complete opposites lately and it was almost going back to the stock trade you began with. Magikarp and Skitty and Torkoal...

Still, can I request a Tepig/Vanillish story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

On the last story... Norton was actually inspired by King Bowser! And Minion N is the Pidove's name, pretty much. He meant subterfuge.

This story was inspired by a children's cartoon show, believe it or not. It certainly doesn't read like one. Basically, the show was making light of gladiatorial games, but the matches would have been nightmarish if someone took them seriously or historically.

All Hoenn starters are covered now!

In process: Whimsicott/Tirtouga
    On Deck: Zweilous/Ferrothorn, Corsola/Shellder, Slowking/Regigigas, Tepig/Vanillish

Marshtomp and Sceptile

The waiting yard was thick with tension. The blaring sun overhead baked the air, causing several of the Pokemon there to sweat profusely. As a challenge was about to start, they were restless, anxious, and rowdy. Flies buzzed around to further annoy everyone, boasts and taunts were being exchanged, and no wind gave relief. At the gates and outside the fence, Pokemon acting as guards were armored, stopping fights but not doing anything to calm those waiting.

Fortunately, there was a muddy spot that had not yet been dried up. A few more days of this kind of weather and there might not be any mud on these grounds. That worried Max because as a Marshtomp, he needed to keep his skin moist. Since he was paying off a sentence, he had to be up here anyhow in case he got a spot in a challenge. He only had a few more points to earn too, another three matches, or less if he was lucky. He could be out in a week. But he had yet to figure out how they decided who would be a challenger, so no way to know for sure when he'd be out.

The Pokemon with him were a mix of prisoners and professional gladiators. Some of the prisoners were like him, those with tax debts or minor crimes. In his case, he wasn't sure if a crime had been committed, as it seemed like the Emperor had just been in a bad mood when Max had encountered him. Other prisoners were thugs and murderers, here to avoid a death sentence. Some of them went on to become the gladiators, and then some gladiators were Pokemon of nobility that wanted to show off their high class training. Although, the noble gladiators did not have to wait in this dusty fenced in pit to get in a challenge.

He rolled around a bit to make sure his back was covered, then checked on those nearest to him. There was a Scyther who was one of the murderers, also one of the the most violent of the prisoners in this place. Thankfully, he seemed more intent of harassing fully evolved Pokemon and picking fights with them. There were also a few of the Scyther's flunkies around, those who kissed up to him and did as he ordered. And their attention seemed to be on a Sceptile who was up on a crate, lounging in the sun. This Sceptile was missing a few of his leaves and had a dark scar on the side of his neck. Most of the time, he didn't say much to the other prisoners. And most prisoners, and even the lower-class gladiators, seemed intimidated by him.

Not the Scyther. “You have to be careful of making me look like a fool in challenges, o prince,” he said mockingly. “I should have won last time.”

“The pole challenge was like thickly clustered trees,” the Sceptile said. “I am a master of the jungle. That was simple.”

“Oh yeah? Well how does a 'master' get caught on his home turf, huh?”

From the look on the Sceptile's face and the twitch of his tail, the Scyther probably had the story wrong. But he didn't respond.

The Scyther buzzed his wings. “And I heard about your kind, a bunch of lazy pansies who spend all day sleeping in the sun and all night planting trees and stuff. What kind of bone-headedness is that? The trees will plant themselves, so what you do is utterly worthless.”

The Sceptile seemed to think the Scyther was an idiot, if Max was reading his expression right. But he didn't bother responding to that either. Instead, he stretched and shifted how he was laying.

“Don't you ignore me,” the Scyther said, shifting his blade arms to a ready position.

A guard kicked the fence next to them. “Hey, no fighting in the waiting area!”

“You try talking like that to me without that protection,” the Scyther muttered, then headed off. On his way, he kicked at Max. “Out of my way, mud pig.” His lackeys laughed at the joke and kicked mud at him.

While he wasn't bothered by being hit with mud, Max did shift further back into the mud puddle. He didn't want to cause trouble, especially this close to his release. On the other hand, the Scyther's group went looking for someone else to pick on. And then the gates opened, revealing a solid line of armored Pokemon going before an officer of the imperial army.

“Attention!” the officer said, getting the prisoners and gladiators to stop what they were doing. “The next coliseum challenge will take place shortly. Today's competitors include Elrick the Sceptile, Max the Marshtomp,” he went on to name a few others, but Max had heard all that he needed. He would be aiming for a high score to get released quickly. At the end of the list, the officer instructed, “All of you, into the wagon. The rest of you, stay back or else.” The guards parted enough for one Pokemon at a time to pass through them to the wagon.

The wagon they were taking was being pulled by four Machokes marked as slaves. There were benches on the sides, as well as a tall steel bar cage. To the annoyance of most of the group, the bottom of the wagon was soggy with mud. They got up on the benches, avoiding it as much as they could. Max was quietly pleased and settled himself in the middle of the wagon.

On the way to the coliseum, residents of the capitol city parted to make way for the wagon. Some watched with awe, some with fear. Some cheered for a favorite competitor, while others took advantage of the cage to jeer them. Halfway there, a Mudkip hopped alongside the wagon for a little bit. “Max!” she called out. “Mom's better; she can't want to see you home again!”

Once he heard her voice, Max got up on his hind legs and stepped over to the side of the wagon, to see his sister better. He waved to her. “All right, I hope to be there soon!”

She squealed happily, then slowed down and headed back into the crowd, presumably to go home.

At the coliseum, the greetings were much different. The armored guards still accompanied them, taking them to the rooms where they would wait their turn. There were silent threats of being attacked if any of them stepped out of line. Down here, the cheers and ruckus of the crowds were muted from earth and stone, but were enough to tell them that it was quickly becoming a packed stadium. There were no hints as to what today's challenge would be.

Pairs kept getting called out, so it might be a battle challenge. But not many were returning to the room. When one fellow came back, Max caught sight of some coliseum workers carrying a severely burned Mankey away. He was burned so bad that he'd lost much of the fur on his body. That did not look like regular battle damage, and none of them had been Fire types. The numbers dwindled until only two had not been called into the stadium.

“Elrick and Max, it's time for your challenge,” a coliseum worker said.

Him against a Sceptile. That didn't sound like a favorable match for him. Max rubbed his headfin, then walked out of the room on all fours. When he was going for more than a few steps, this was easier than walking on just two legs. Elrick came out with him, quiet and serious as usual.

The armored guards escorted them to one of the higher entrances of the arena. They emerged into a field that was usually a plain dusty floor. Not today. Today, it had been turned into a lake of fire. Red lava moved sluggishly at ground level, moved by unseen mechanisms. Sturdy rock platforms came out of it at various places, all leading up to the largest and tallest formation. Down below, some crumbled pieces of rock indicated that not all of the platforms were stable. Behind them, the iron gate clicked shut, trapping them inside.

“And now, for the final round of today's challenge!” the announcer called out, raising more excitement from the audience. Flame spouts suddenly erupted around the arena, reaching far above many of the platforms. “Again, this is the fire run, where both competitors will race against each other to reach the flag while fire blazes all around them. Anything goes in this heated event. And for our grand finale, we have the jungle prince Elrick,” this caused a great many boos and hisses from the crowd, “against a local commoner, the dockworker Max!” He got far more cheers than he usually got, probably more from loyalty to the empire than his own merit.

In a straight battle match-up, this would have gone badly for him. But since it was a 'fire run', Max might have an advantage. Elrick would have to be careful in his run. Although, the heat and dryness of the arena was going to work against him too, drying out his skin and making him feel weaker.

The signal horns blared. Again, the fire spouts burst to life, coming from the lava, from pipes in the platforms, and from pipes in the arena wall. Elrick stalled for a moment, judging the platforms. Ignoring him for the time, Max summoned up a water guard against fire. He could take a few impressive risks to get points and not have to worry about getting burned with the guard up. He then ran and leapt between two active fire spouts to reach another platform. For that, the crowd cheered.

Once he knew the platform was solid, Max glanced over the arena. He had to find a path, and quickly. Seeing a set of platforms that came up to the central one from the other side, he set off making more running leaps from rock to rock. Sometimes they cracked under his landing; one even began to fall apart, but he was able to get to the next one in time. If he saw a moment to do something dramatic, like passing safely over a fire spout right as it was starting to burst, he took it. The flames came unnervingly close to his skin, brushing against it once. While he didn't have to worry as much about them, a serious burn could still occur and cause him pain.

Max focused on his running and didn't check to see how Elrick was doing. He didn't try an attack; the Sceptile wasn't close enough for that anyhow, having taken another route. As he got closer, the platforms became less steady. The central platform was further away from the one he had ended up on than he had thought, but Max ran and jumped with all of his strength.

And made it, first. He slowed as he arrived at the center of the platform, relishing the cheers from the audience. Would that performance allow him to go free today? Just to make sure, he got up on his hind legs and struck a victory pose with his forelegs up high, to appeal to the audience. They seemed to love that.

With that assured, he checked to see how the Sceptile was doing. Elrick was rapidly making his way from platform to platform, but he had to take a more winding path to avoid getting close to the fire. He seemed like a green flash at times as he moved so quickly. As he came to the central platform, he was focused on a particular jutting rock on it.

Max looked at it and noticed that it wasn't fully attached to the platform, but Elrick wouldn't be able to tell. It was one of the unstable ones. When the Sceptile landed on the edge of it, the piece immediately tipped over.

For a second, Max thought he might see someone die here. The fall off this platform into a mobile pool of lava would be lethal to a Grass Pokemon. Thinking nothing more than that, the Marshtomp immediately dropped down and put his forelegs on the rising edge of the platform piece. This gave Elrick the opportunity to securely grab the piece and clamber onto the safe portion of the rock tower.

“Treason!” a voice called out over the stadium, preceding a round of boos. It was the Emperor himself, hiding his true identity in his oversized clothes and jeweled large mask. “Kill them both.”

“Treason?” Max said, stunned. How could that be treason? What should he do about this? He just didn't want to see someone die. And now the pillar they were on was beginning to shake.

Keeping a much cooler head, Elrick looked around until he spotted something. “You, come with me,” he ordered, then jumped away onto another platform.

Not knowing what else to do, Max followed him. They made their way to the edge of the arena where, using a high platform and the best jumps they could muster, they ended up in the stadium seating. Elrick let loose a flurry of sharp leaves, causing panic among the spectators. With the security guards having to fight against those who were fleeing, the two prisoners bolted into the halls within the coliseum.

Max thought they would leave the arena, but Elrick led him to an out of sight hallway that led into the working areas. The Sceptile slowed there, checking in rooms until they came across a storage space. By pushing some crates forward, they were able to find a space to duck and hide. “Wait until the audience starts to leave, then we get out of here,” Elrick said quietly.

The Marshtomp crouched on the ground and lowered his head. “What happened? I was about to go free. What about that was treason?” His heart was pounding, to the point where he feared it might be heard.

Snorting, Elrick nudged the crate a little, trying to get a peeking space. “You saved the heir to a land they're trying to take over. Did you think they were kidding when they called me a prince?” He looked at the space he had and decided against widening it, in case someone noticed. “I didn't want to get someone else in trouble when I made my escape. I apologize. But if you work with me to get back to the jungle, I swear upon my mother's egg that I will make sure that you are protected. And with as ruthless as this Emperor is, I doubt he will pardon you any time soon.”

While they were waiting, Max tried to think of another option. He couldn't and so with a heavy heart, he left the city he had been born in. But as terrible as it was, it was the beginning of his road to becoming the conqueror of an empire.

Marshtomp Emerald entry: Its toughened hind legs enable it to stand upright. Because it weakens if its skin dries out, it replenishes fluids by playing in mud.

Sceptile Emerald entry: In the jungle, its power is without equal. This Pokemon carefully grows trees and plants. It regulates its body temperature by basking in sunlight.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 24th May 2012 at 8:49 PM.

Yay. So was everyone a pokemon or was it only them?
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I really liked this one! It's funny, because, just before I read this, I was watching the History channel, and it mentioned how half a million Christians died in the Roman coliseum. Then you brought me this. I've gotta say, you surprised me with the whole lake of lava. I thought they'd battle, but they escaped instead! It was very actiony yet kinda dramatic: my kind of read.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Nice new chapter! I loved Marshtomp's personality, and I'm just guessing here but I'll say the emperor is
        Spoiler:

I'm going to request one more, then that's it(possibly). I'll say Xatu/Frillish. That'll be interesting! And I'll be the first to say it... what show was it based on?

And, I checked it on Bulbapedia. Pokemon plurals are the same as their singular. For example, it's a flock of Swellow, not a flock of Swellows.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 25th May 2012 at 11:21 PM.

You know, I don't know exactly what show it was. It was something I only got a glimpse of; I overheard most of the silly gladiator stuff from the other room. And everyone in that story was a Pokemon. Some cases make it hard to convey that, as the Pokemon wouldn't know what a human is in certain worlds.

This one wasn't too tough. The main thing that I had to think a while through was where the setting was.

NOTICE: Names used in this story are merely coincidental. This has nothing to do with a Serebii member who has a similar username. I didn't even notice it until the editing stage, lol.

In process: Zweilous/Ferrothorn
    On Deck: Corsola/Shellder, Slowking/Regigigas, Tepig/Vanillish, Xatu/Frillish

Whimsicott and Tirtouga

He was known as Breezy Thief, a Pokemon who would slip into town without raising a worry and slip away later with many small valuables. With his small fluffy body, wide brown eyes, and large poofy tail, this Whismicott beguiled many people into thinking that he wasn't a problem. He had a cunning command over the dust devils, the little whirlwinds that were just strong enough to pick him up; he would ride them from town to town before suspicion caught up to him. Even when people were warned, Breezy could get away with his crimes. They would only suspect him when they discovered cream-colored bits of cotton fluff near the missing items. By then, he would be long gone.

Now one day, Breezy was riding a dust devil into a place he'd never been to before. He'd set up a new hideout to store his treasures not that long ago, as his old hideout and storage was getting much to distant from new places to steal from, so he wasn't too familiar with this coastal area. While he was scouting out the area, checking out homes to target, he spotted a notice posted on a telephone pole. It was written in the human language, so of course he couldn't understand it fully. But he could understand the picture there, which was of a Whimsicott smiling and acting cute, but holding a jeweled necklace in one paw and standing in front of a stash of treasures. And the words there were in a serious font, like it was a warning.

Breezy was delighted to see this, and chirped happily. It was a mark of his skill that he was becoming notorious enough that people in a new place were worried about him. But then, it would make his habit harder People would be on the lookout and wary. He still kept confident; the challenge would be refreshing. Guiding his dust devil around, he kept looking for a place to start.

And then he saw it: a small mansion, but lavishly cared for. There was a neat and orderly flower garden out front, with decorative statues and wind chimes all around. In the large garage, there were a great many tools and boring things, but no cars. In the largest window up front, there was an elegantly and elaborately decorated living room. Lots of small pretty things there. This would be the place.

Breezy dismissed his dust devil, as its wind might stir the chimes and alert guard Pokemon. He then sneaked around the house, searching for a place to enter. However, all the windows were screened in and all the doors were sealed up tight. He did find one promising entrance, a glass sliding door that had a simple key lock on it. He was able to reach in carefully with his cotton fibers and mess with the innards until it unlocked for him. Pushing the door aside only a few inches, he squeezed himself in and looked around.

This had to be a wealthy person's place, because he'd entered an indoor pool. Statues and plants gave the room a distinct character, like a refined jungle. Strangely, the place smelled salty. Breezy went over to the side of the pool and dipped a paw in, to taste test it. Salt water. Odd, but nothing he was concerned about. There wasn't anything in the pool room that caught his eye, so he made for the door to find the living room. But then he saw a dark shape move through the water, emerging at a ramp.

Over his career, Breezy had encountered many house and guard Pokemon, but none quite like this one. It was a turtle-like Pokemon with flippers instead of legs, and a rocky black shell. It looked at him with an unreadable expression, then began crawling over to him.

Breezy laughed. He hopped back, waving his paws and shaking his tail. Even if he wasn't sure what it was, he could tell that he had nothing to fear from this Pokemon. In fact, it should fear him! He could easily knock it out and take some loot before anyone noticed it was unconscious. Leaving a sea Pokemon to guard a house was ridiculous.

But the Pokemon, a Tirtouga, didn't stop. She had been revived from a fossil and so had simple instincts that went back millions of years. The fact that the intruder was in the house didn't bother her; the fact that he was in her territory of the salt water pool and its immediate surroundings did. Without considering how tough it might be, she was going to chase him off.

Keeping a hop ahead of her, Breezy continued to tease and taunt the Tirtouga. But her continued approach was unnerving. He stilled for a moment, muttering. As much fun as this was, he still had to investigate the house and see what he could make off with. So he winked at the strange Pokemon before hurling an Energy Ball attack at her. That ought to do the trick.

The Tirtouga felt intense pain from the attack. But that only affirmed that this intruder had to be taken care of. She braced herself, then made a quick lunge forward and bit the Whimsicott's belly.

Breezy squealed and darted away. This was not good. Usually he could get a person or Pokemon to let down their guard by being cute, or anger them by fighting in a playful manner. None of them stayed this calm. And that attack should have downed the Pokemon in one blow! Just how tough was this 'mon?

Feeling like nothing in this house could be worth this much trouble, Breezy ran back for the screen door and squeezed by it again. He would find new treasures, but not from this house. Back inside, the Tirtouga felt satisfied with a job well done. She moved back into the water to rest and recover; another hit would have defeated her.

Whimsicott White entry: Riding whirlwinds, they appear. These Pokemon sneak through gaps into houses and cause all sorts of mischief

Tirtouga White entry: About 100 million years ago, these Pokemon swam in oceans. It is thought they also went on land to attack prey.

Wow, that story made me smile. I wouldn't have figured that an adorable floating... sheep... cotton... thing would be a wanted bandit. In hindsight, it makes sense. Why else would a Whimsicott enter a house? Plus, the Tirtouga has Sturdy. It didn't click until I read that last sentence, and it's the only way a Tirtouga would survive a Whimsicott Energy Ball. I checked. Well, that, or Tirtouga was max Sp. Def/max HP and Whimsicott had 0 Sp. Atk EV/IV and an Adamant nature. And Tirtouga has an Eviolite. Also, in the third paragraph, you missed a period between "harder" and "People", as well as after the dex entry.

EDIT: And darn you for not PMing me! You know what, heck with it, add me to the regular PM list. I love all your stories!
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 29th May 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Never trust the little cute Pokemon. Cute is EVIL! I actually liked the little Whimsicott, for being a cunning little thief. And I liked how you portrayed Tirtouga. I knew it was a fossil Pokemon, so it wouldn't make a good guard Pokemon considering the time lapse. But what you did made sense. Those kinds of primal instincts would most likely stay.

Between Prankster and Infiltrate, it's very easy for me to see a Whimsicott as a thief who is in it for the thrill. And I've got a load of requests from fanfiction net now... Might mix them up when I get closer.

This entry is a tad silly. Zweilous was a lot of fun to work with, so it kind of stole the show.

In process: Corsola/Shellder
    On Deck: Slowking/Regigigas, Tepig/Vanillish, Xatu/Frillish, Archen/Starmie, Rufflet/Braviary, Purrloin/Liepard, Gigalith, Emolga
    Reserve: ??? (solstice)

Zweilous and Ferrothorn

Agent 501 was in a very bad mood at that time. It wasn't that he was waiting around just watching. After all, he was a secret agent and sometimes that required lots of waiting and watching. It wasn't that he was pretending to be an inanimate object. No, sometimes that was the best way to stay close to a subject and listen in when they had their guard down. His placement wasn't the greatest, as he was hanging on a ceiling of a buffet restaurant. While the food smelled delicious, he could tough it out (he might even come back later after some alterations so that he didn't look like the same Ferrothorn).

No, the awful thing about this assignment was that he was pretending to be a chandelier. He had to wear a rim that carried candles on it, lit candles that dribbled hot wax. Every couple of hours, one of the workers got a ladder and replaced them, so he had to close his eyes and hold very still. The cook had thought that this was a terrific idea, as being on the ceiling gave him a good view over the dining areas. But why did they have to go with candle flames as lighting over the buffet? He could handle the electric candles everywhere else, but true flames were one of the few fears he still had.

But everyone else said that this was the best time and place. And unlike a cave, a Ferrothorn hanging out on the ceiling of a restaurant was terribly out of place. As a chandelier, he could at least be part of this place's unique décor (there were other Pokemon carved into the serving tables, the chairs, the dining tables, the posts, everything). He had an accessory that prevented burning, but if one of those candles tipped over, it wouldn't protect from that pain.

Arguing came from the line where people paid and got their drinks. “No, we're going to get lemonade.”

“I want the beer!” a similar voice said.

“Not after you got us disgustingly drunk last night I don't want you to share your awful headaches with me.”

“You're so prissy and uptight. Come on, it's time to relax.”

The voices were attached to one creature, a black and blue dragon that had two heads and small wings. Both of her long necks were decorated with lavish collars that held pearls and diamonds. The bottommost collars also had elegant clasps which held onto an expensive silk cape of many colors. On that cape was the crest of the royal house, matching the gold circlets on both of her heads. Only a few Pokemon would dare wear something like that. It was his target. Overhead, the Ferrothorn made note of what other Pokemon were in the restaurant and where the Zweilous princess decided to sit.

She had some royal guards with her, both Porygon-Z. Supposedly only a few Pokemon could tolerate being around the princess for long. Some of the other guests were even leaving, but the Zweilous didn't pay them any attention. Her two heads were still arguing about beer. “Only one glass? How is that supposed to be enough?”

“You're lucky the worker let you take it, because I'm only letting you take one glass,” the other head said. “Ugh, can't you at least be lady-like and take wine? Or even champagne?”

“Not good enough,” she said, trying to grab the glass for a drink. But the other head moved their body towards the buffet. “Hey!”

“We came to eat, so let's go get some food.”

The beer-drinking head nipped at her other head, causing a short tussle between them before the other head won out. Quietly, the Porygon-Z guards came along and grabbed two plates. The Exeggutor chef was there at the time, making stir-fried veggies and rice on the spot. “Ah, good evening Princess Jacquelyn,” he said, causing his leaves to sway. “May I...?”

“I'm Princess Ophelia now,” the beer-loving head explained, then knocked the other head on the side. “She gets to take the stuffy old name Jacquelyn.”

“It is not stuffy!” she said. “It's elegant and classy. You just changed your name to get attention and sympathy for your whining.”

“Did not!”

Overhead, Agent 501 was slowly shifting his vines so that he had a better view of the Zweilous' table. The argument the princess was having with herself at least drew everyone's attention, either to watch or to turn away. The Ferrothorn could easily guess what they were thinking. How did someone like her get to be a princess? Weren't they supposed to teach royal children far better manners than normal children? But her father was much worse.

Eventually, the Jacquelyn head began giving the chef orders for what she wanted her fried veggies to be, while the Ophelia head looked over the nearest serving table and told the guard with her what to put on the plate. Then the heads switched. With both plates full and a bowl each for the fried veggies and rice, they returned to the tables. The Porygon-Z guards then took turns getting food for themselves and staying at the princess(es) side. The Ferrothorn continued to wait.

Ophelia chugged down her glass of beer, then looked over at Jacquelyn's plate. “Hey, why did you have to get the baked beans? You know that gives us awful gas later.”

“Quit talking about that kind of thing,” Jacquelyn hissed. “We're a princess and we're not to talk of such things.”

“You'd think that neither of us would eat something that would make us fart, then.” She then began chomping down a fish fillet inelegantly.

“Why are you still eating fish? I thought we agreed that fish were friends and not to be eaten as food.”

“This fish isn't talking,” Ophelia said, once she'd swallowed.

“Hey, I didn't see any of those roasted eggplants,” Jacquelyn said, looking at her other head's plate. “Did you take the last ones?”

That head looked smug. “And what if I did?”

Jacquelyn's head went to snatch one of the eggplants, causing Ophelia's head to fight her off. “You know I love those!”

“Can't have 'em.” She then grabbed both of her roasted eggplant slices and wolfed them down. She then tried to steal one of Jacquelyn's potstickers, causing another fight.

The dragon princess' meal continued like this, a race to eat what was in front and then an attempt to steal something from the other head's plate, with occasional arguments and biting fights. Other patrons tried to finish their meals quickly so they could excuse themselves and leave. Over by the kitchen, Agent 501 noted that the staff were quietly arguing about who would serve the princess. A Medicham who was in on the plan made himself appear unlucky and got set to be her waiter. He made sure to continue getting Ophelia beer even though Jacquelyn complained whenever she noticed.

When Jacquelyn-Ophelia got up to get dessert (after three full plates each), Agent 501 checked the few remaining patrons, then silently tossed a few barbed thorns on the floor. The two heads of the princess were each looking over the dessert table and scheming how to get what she wanted while making the other head jealous. “My gosh, I feel stuffed,” Jacquelyn said. “Maybe we ought to stick to dinner mints so we don't have another stomachache.”

“Are you crazy?” Ophelia asked. “You tried to deny me beer, and now you're trying to deny me a proper dessert? I'll kill you if you keep that up.”

“You can't kill me without killing yourself.”

“Don't try me! I'll find a way.” She then stepped right on the thorns, making both heads screech. Agent 501 winced, but stayed still like the chandelier he was supposed to be. Below him, the two heads bickered and bit, enough to draw blood.

This was a good time. Agent 501 blew out the candle nearest to his face. In the kitchen, the Medicham noticed and went to shut off all electricity to the dining areas, causing all the lights but the remaining candles on 501 to go out. He got the rest of the candles out quickly, then dropped off the ceiling and threw Shroomish sleep spores in the faces of the Zweilous princess. With her sleeping, the Medicham hurried over to help him carry her in back.

“Don't worry, everyone,” the Exeggcutor chef said loudly, to what few customers were left in the darkened room. “I'm sorry about the trouble; we'll try to get the electricity and lights back on as quickly as we can. Just stay where you are.” He flipped the lights out to the kitchen as the two came closer, so that the silhouettes of them carrying the princess were not as obvious. “Oh, now what? Did you read the labels on the breaker box?”

“I thought I did, sir,” another member of the staff said.

“Princess?” one of the Porygon-Z guards called out. “Princess, please answer.”

Meanwhile, Agent 501 and the Medicham hustled through the kitchen, bringing Jacquelyn-Ophelia into a refrigerated truck in back. “Man, I can't wait to get back to a proper battling assignment,” the Ferrothorn said. “Hanging around with the candles and having to observe her for over an hour... that was disgusting.”

“If this keeps her from returning to this place, we'll be eternally grateful,” the Medicham said. “I don't envy you one bit since you have to tolerate her for much longer.”

“If we can keep her from claiming the throne, I think we'll all be grateful,” Agent 501 said, locking the dragon into the back. It wasn't set to freezing, but cool enough to keep her feeling sluggish. He then gave the waiter the rest of the agreed payment to use their place, then went to join the truck's driver. That was one more part of this scheme done.

Zweilous White entry: Since their two heads do not get along and compete with each other for food, they always eat too much.

Ferrothorn White entry: They attach themselves to cave ceilings, firing steel spikes at targets passing beneath them.

O.o Well, I didn't see that one coming. Zweilous as a princess and Ferrothorn a secret agent. Wow.

Archen/Starmie huh? That should be interesting, and so should Slowking/Regigigas and Shellder/Corsola.

One thing though... It would have been funny if the candles were Litwick who ended up blowing agent 501's cover. The ironic thing is, 501 is Oshawott's national Pokedex number, not Ferrothorn's. Ferrothorn is number 598. So why were they trying to get rid of Zweilous? WAIT WAIT don't answer that. I got it. She's a descendant from the Hydreigon/Stunfisk story! Looks like Stunfisk didn't conquer the dragon after all.

Keep up the good work, and can't wait for Xatu/Frillish!

EDIT: I'm confused about something. Is the chef aware that Ferrothorn is a secret agent, and if so, did he know about the plan to catch Jacqphelia? At the beginning, it implied that the chef knew about the plan, but later, he seems confused when the lights go out. Or was he just acting?
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 8th June 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Was the princess really the daughter of hydreigon/stunfisk? BTW I liked the idea of ferrothorn as a secret agent.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast