Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Battle Frontier, better graphics IMO, Hoenn's general coolness.
    -The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's merely twice as large as it needs to be. -Click here for my notoriously unread fanfic, Mistress of Ice.
    -Credit to Light Venusaur for the card.
    FC (Jake): 5412 6513 1083 (Even though I rarely use Wi-fi)

I don't have a DS, and besides, LeafGreen is my only working game. Plus I have no problem playing it over and over again, anyways. ^^

&;; just waitin' for another day ...

I like the Battle Frontier and the more defensively orientated gameplay. Plus, I like trading items such as TMs over to DP.

Battle frontier is way awesome,, and it's a cooler place to be then sinnoh.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24v0kzp.gif[/IMG]
    PASBL

just the fact that its just fun to replay leaf green over and over again
    pokemon diamond friend code:
    name: Blue
    FC: 3093 8350 3440

Talking

To get 3rd generation games complete (again) and get the pokemon to D/P

BF, cool legendaries, and maybe some other stuff heh, just dislike elite 4, they are way too weak.

I still play because I HATE D/P. I really think that it was such a waste of time (when they could've made...umm...I dunno, a remake of GSC which is imo the greatest pokemon generation ever -possible future included as I feel that D/P really just over did it-). I played GSC more (before I lost my Gold...), but I like RSE WAY better than D/P.

~Iareto~

I'm milking my emerald and fire red version of thier legendaries and items.
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE 5TH GEN NATIONAL DEX LEGITIMATELY, AND HAVE SEVERAL EVENT LEGENDARIES, EXCLUDING #647-649.
    If you want something, i'm more than capable of helping, if within reason.

I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR (IN ENGLISH):
        Spoiler:- SPOILER:

White FC: 3825 7836 7272

Well Love the DP games but I still play my emerald because of the factory so I can switch Pokemon

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

The Battle Frontier and to be able to trade over legendaries and such to Diamond.

Seriously, I don't see why some people play these games ONLY to get legendaries and items.

I still play them because the game is fun, and it is always fun to restart over and over again.

Well, I've been on a Gen III kick lately, especially since all I really have left to do in D/P is catch 'em all and go to the Battle Tower. I love D/P, don't get me wrong, but resetting my Gen III games and playing them was a fun and fresh idea.

I love Hoenn, for one. It's a unique region with lots of water routes, and I love the diving. People give this Gen a rough time, I think, because the more I'm getting back into it, the more I realise how much I like the Hoenn Pokemon and the Gym Leaders. This Gen also introduced Contests, and I am fast becoming an aspiring Coordinator.

I also think that, of the Team conflicts in the Pokemon stories so far, that Aqua/Magma is the most interesting one, because it dared to be a little different. Instead of having one evil team, there's one evil and one good, and they fight each other. They also have cool costumes, a neat conflict going on with the legendaries, and I like the weather theme. Emerald did it best, though, by making both teams evil and causing equal chaos with their goals. It was an amazing storyline, and though the Cyrus arc in D/P was fun, R/S/E did it first.

I like FR/LG because it's basically like playing Gen I games with vastly improved graphics, movepools, and extra locations/Pokemon. In other words, it's an improved nostalgia for me.

So, there ya go. In short, I still play Gen III because it's fun and exciting.
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

Only for shinyhunting now, the storyline got bored after some years.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

The only reason I still play it is for those damn Latios/Latias and the zangooses, solrocks, lunatones, sevipers ... Yeah, you can get them by inserting them in the DS and playing Diamond/Pearl, but hey, they have costed me a lot, so need to get my money's worth.

I haven't played futher then 3 gym's in Pearl , I just started playing FR again cuz I like it so much.
    Red, Yellow , Blue , Silver , Gold , Ruby , Fire Red , Emerald , Pearl

You do

But seriously I like the Pokemon you can find earlier in the game like Ralts, Ziggy, Tailow and so on better than Bidoof

I like the starters better than now
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Well, I recently started playing my saphire that I never played b/c I had ruby, and it's really fun to start playing from scratch. I really want to start playing Colleseum but It's lost...

Started playing Pokemon on December 29th, 2003. I have watched the anime and collected the cards for as long as I can remember.

HG Progress: 15 Badges!

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

D/P drain the fun out of getting rare pokemon out of these games. Most of the pokemon you get in these games are in D/P which drains the fun out of catchig them. Aleast you get some way awesome pokemon eariler in the game and the gym seems much harder. The legends are good as well.

Friend Code: 4639 8748 1567 Name TY

I keep playing emerald because I need to for pal park and breeding.
    Pokemon Black FC: Jan - 2752 5887 2030
    Remain steadfast.....

I don´t have a DS, let alone D/P. I´m not dissapointed with it, because there´s so much stuff you can do in Emerald ^_^

-Mark
    Current Leafgreen Run Team: Blastoise Lv54, Fearow Lv50, Electrode Lv51, Victreebel Lv51, Magmar Lv47, Primeape Lv51
    Latest: Johto League beaten!

Getting the legendaries. Over and over and over again. And, because it's fun. I like to start a Pokemon game fresh, but I won't start my Pearl over.

So I've played Ruby twice, Emerald once, and Fire Red twice.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Getting the legendaries. Over and over and over again. And, because it's fun. I like to start a Pokemon game fresh, but I won't start my Pearl over.

So I've played Ruby twice, Emerald once, and Fire Red twice.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

I go back to Sapphire to have fun and catching Legendaries. Other than that, the fun is over. It's been over since I got Diamond, I should consider changing my name to DiamondWonder (I still support 3rd Generation).
    Last edited by SapphireWonder; 6th August 2008 at 4:32 PM.

Minun, swampert, beautifly, kyogre, the really long water route, the music, the battle fronteir, and the large number of water pokemon.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast