Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Just nostalgia basically, living off the days when this first came out
    Current Ingame Team

White:

HeartGold:

Platinum:
    Status: 3rd badge obtained, currently trying to catch a female Combee

To Be Trained.....

White:

The lack of a R/S/E remake. And BW National Dex completion.

As above ^, the lack of R/S/E remake lmao.

And the fact that Hoenn is the best region also biggest imo.

I still need to beat the Battle Frontier on Emerald, finish the dex and get all five contest pictures in the museum. Also because the 3rd Gen is probably my favourite of the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    The lack of a R/S/E remake.
    This, and also because Hoenn is my favorite region. In fact, I think RSE are my favorite Pokemon games because Hoenn is such a cool region.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Hoenn. Love that region.

Agreed. And I'd love to see what it looks like on a newer engine.

I also like the "plot" in R/S/E the best, since I'm a weather fanatic.

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

Hoenn was pretty awesome, very scenic and it had everything really D: well...just about. The game music was also epic and the story plot too!!

~Credits to Nayla-Nouvel (DA) for zee sig~

The scenery and the story line and the music just really made you feel like you were right there in hoen. Battling in 3rd gen was just so cool that i dont think it could ever really be duplicated.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

All of the credit goes to Wolf Tamer..you did a great job and are very pateint..THNKS

FC: 2423-4680-3833

Hoenn's a delightful place aesthetically.

But more recently, third gen is fun to go back to because of how it was the last of the "restrained" games; in a way it feels more like Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver, than the DS games. There was a lot of power going around, to be sure, but DP opened a Pandora's Box of sheer offense that I don't think will ever be closed.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Hoenn. It's music, pokemon, plot, and atmosphere always reel me back in.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Emerald's amazing Battle Frontier, and simply the fact that R/S/E is heavily nostalgic to me.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

items+dex fillers

ss fc: 0948 2714 3348 GMT-7

|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QG-X...eature=related|
    -----------------------------------^whiscash win^-----------------------------------
    I have officially claimed Kingdra!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnite♪ View Post
    Emerald's amazing Battle Frontier, and simply the fact that R/S/E is heavily nostalgic to me.
    The nostalgia part is true for me too. Every time I've played the Gen 3 games recently (especially RSE), it's brought back many memories.

It makes me very sad knowing that Hoenn is the only main region I can't play on my 3DS... ;_;

Ruby being my first Pokemon game ever; yes, it is old. Nearly a decade passed since its release. Since then so many game mechanics have been changed/introduced, so many Pokemon have been released, and graphics improved greatly.

Hoenn region is by far my favorite. While nostalgia has a lot to do with it, I still consider it best without nostalgia. The region was so intense, so fun... So unique... Underwater, that city on the ocean, that city in the woods, moon cave, team magma/aqua, rayquaza tower... Acro/Mach bike... Contests rocked, I used to play them so much. D/P ruined it. B/W theater is useless. Hoenn Pokemon were so cool... Mudkip, torchic, treecko, seedot, makuhina, michooena, zigzagoon... Legendaries/pseudo-legendaries were best balanced... Battle tower was kinda lame but Battle frontier in Emerald was so fun... God, I am asking you for a remake.

Emerald is a very fun game, and the fact you can transfer your Pokemon over to your DS games when you want to do a new game.

R/S/E was reallt fun because of the contests. IMO it also had the best evil teams.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

The Battle Frontier and my lovely Blaziken and Aggron that I can't bear to migrate <3

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Honestly, R/S/E was my favorite region. The specific way it was planned and constructed still astounds me. I wish I still had it. I remember being 8 when the game released. I always used to ride a bike and got stuck at 5 badges. I never realized it had to be dismounted to ride through the tall grass to Winona's gym Lmao.

It's my favorite region ^^
    I always liked the Pokemon in Hoenn, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald is awesome!
    Water Pokemon RULE! WORLD DOMINATION!

I have claimed
    Sapphire, and Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka! 8D

Because it was the first pokemon game I actually completed two times over. I adored the new pokemon, storylines and region.

The Battle Frontier, the 1st gen remakes, and the cloning glitch in Emerald.

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

I still play it for the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and the fact that I still need several Pokemon from this region to complete my national dex in my gen 5 games. Not to mention that no matter how old they are, the games are still a pleasure to look at while playing and the region is just plain fun.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

I mostly play for the Battle Frontier. It's the better one of the two.
    I'm tired.

The thing that keeps me playing the 3rd gen games, is hands down, the music. I always loved the tracks in Emerald from Route 101 to the Frontier Brain battle theme.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast