Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.2

Default The Doctor Who Club v.2

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm at the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time, and he can see the turn of the universe.

And... he's wonderful.

Welcome, Whovians, to the second incarnation of the Doctor Who club! This is the place for anyone to discuss, speculate on and generally ramble about Doctor Who and its spinoffs, Torchwood and The Sarah-Jane Adventures. The previous club had an inactive owner and a backlog of nearly 150 pages, so we're starting afresh. I am your new owner, and the Co-Owners are Anyone 4 Buttons? and UltimateNagash.

General Rules

1. Follow the SPPf rules and the Club forum rules.
    2. Respect all other members.
    3. Respect all episodes, characters, writers, etc., even if you happen to dislike them.
    4. Please try to keep grammar and spelling legible. It doesn't have to be perfect, but make sure we can understand what you're saying.
    5. Keep all discussion related to Doctor Who or its spinoffs.
    6. Follow the spoiler rules below:

Spoiler Rules

In the previous club, there had been the occasional (though thankfully not too common) incident where sensitive information had gone unspoilered and people had had their enjoyment of an episode ruined. So with this in mind, I have devised a set of rules for what needs to be spoilered which must be followed at all times. (If anyone has any suggestions for changes to improve these rules, throw them my way.)

6a. Keep all discussion of events in an episode which has only just aired under spoilers until a week after the broadcast date. This gives anyone who didn't watch it live a chance to catch up.
    6b. The above rule also applies to discussion of the "Next Time" and "Coming Soon" trailers.
    6c. Make sure to spoiler all information about upcoming episodes that hasn't been seen in a trailer. This may include things such as characters or monsters it will feature and the time period it will be set in. There might be people out there who don't want to know even those kinds of details.
    6d. If you have information on future episodes which contains highly spoilerish points, make sure you mention it being highly spoilerish outside the spoiler. There are some people who'll usually click on minor spoilers but won't want to know the more major stuff, and they deserve to be warned.
    6e. Put all discussion of anything you found under a spoiler under its own spoiler, unless your reply doesn't actually refer to any of the spoilerish details.
    6f. For novels and the like, any discussion should always go in spoilers in case someone is in the process of reading it or planning to some day. Blurbs are fine, though.
    6g. At the end of the day, just use your common sense as to what you think people might not want to know. If in doubt, it's best to spoiler it.

Spoiler:- How to use spoilers:

Joining Form

Ideally, I'd love for this club to be a place full of lengthy posts rather than shallow one-liners, in order to spark off lots of interesting, fun discussion. While I'm aware that not everyone likes to ramble as much as me, I'd still prefer for people in here to be capable of at least a vaguely fleshed-out opinion, hence there is a joining form to make sure you can do this.

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    Sure, we all know you like Doctor Who if you're trying to join this club, but what is it about this programme that you like so much? Try and give a good three or four lines of reasons and explanation, 'cause if it's too short I won't let you in until you try again. I always feel like a jerk when I do this, but it just strikes me that someone who can't think of much to say when trying to join a club won't be able to think of much to say when participating in it, either. And hey, if you're a fan of the show, it shouldn't be too hard to think up lots to put here. Characters or monsters you like, and why? Episodes that were your favourite, and why? Don't be afraid to ramble a bit!
    Who's your favourite Doctor?
    A little bit of expansion on this wouldn't go amiss either, but this one's not a requirement for getting in.
    Desired character title? (Optional)
    See below.

Character Titles

An idea carried over from the previous club, this is a bit of fun which allows you to claim a character from the Whoniverse whose name you can then use to sign off your posts, etc. Only one person can claim a character, so once it's gone, it's gone. Apologies if this makes anyone miss out on their favourite character, but it seems the fairest and easiest way to do things. Also note that when I say "character", I mean just that: separate characters, rather than other names/monikers/titles for characters who've already been taken (for example, "the Oncoming Storm" is exactly the same thing as "the Doctor" in terms of this).

All that said, however, if you don't particularly want a character, or if the one you want has been taken and you don't want any others, you don't have to claim a character at all. And the Doctor can only be claimed once - no claiming his separate incarnations, please. Same goes for any other Time Lord or Lady.

As owner of the club, I get first pick, and I hereby claim Martha Jones. :3

Member List
    elyvorg [Martha Jones] - Owner
    Anyone 4 Buttons? [Dr. Owen Harper] - Co-Owner
    UltimateNagash [The Supreme Dalek] - Co-Owner
    lunar_espeon [The Doctor]
    storymasterb [Dalek Caan]
    Crasher [Wilfred Mott]
    DieChavsDie [John Smith]
    Brock Phillips [Captain Jack Harkness]
    Shadowmaster Frenzy [General Staal]
    Night_Walker [The Master]
    BlazikenBud [The Human Doctor]
    Gardevoir Girl
    cybermew [The TARDIS]
    diddykong [Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart]
    JammyU [K-9]
    Griff4815 [Rory Williams]
    Zadros [Ianto Jones]
    empress_donna [Dr. Toshiko Sato]
    zeussy [Harry Sullivan]
    the green gardian
    Predictions of Doom [Gwen Cooper]
    Pottsie [Ood Sigma]
    Deicario
    CRAZY WACKO DUDE [The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe]
    Darkfall [Chantho]
    LadyMiir [Donna Noble]
    Diddy [The Lupine-Wavelength Haemovariform]
    shadowkiller [Jenny]
    SoulSilverMstr411
    Will-powered Spriter [Angel Bob]
    Slick
    druboyks [Sarah-Jane Smith]
    Spontaneous Tree [The Isolus]
    Soroft [Professor Yana]
    ianflowforever [A Weeping Angel]
    vareki [The Bad Wolf]
    TurtwigFan1 [River Song]
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~ [Amy Pond]
    harryheart [The Face of Boe]
    -Xu- [Rassilon]
    Kazekage [The Dream Lord]
    TR4eva
    Hamishmash
    SpeedSuicune [Sky Smith]
    Lucario0708 [Jim the Fish]
    JB! [Mr. Smith]
    Armando Payne [A Haemovore]
    MasterKenobi
    PeterFoster111
    KingMinun
    MrDuckGuy [The Cyber Controller]
    kjt [Alfie Owens/Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All]
    Giggity...
    Orton155
    jenny123 [Jackie Tyler]
    Hydreigon11 [Madame Vastra]
    Katatakat [The Empty Child]
    R. New [Sutekh]
    DarkEmerl123 [Esther Drummond]
    LokiTheGengar [A Headless Monk]
    Charmanderman
    Kster [Ace]
    BadWolf Churchill [Dalek Sec]
    Dragon Tamer Jaidin [Lady Christina de Souza]
    Dragonfree [Adelaide Brooke]
    TehLulzMastur [Elton Pope]
    Megaton666 [The Flesh]
    Barbeller [The Creature from the Pit]
    Prisoner Zero [Prisoner Zero]
    marioguy [The Valeyard]
    Radiohead [Mickey Smith]
    VampirateMace [Sally Sparrow]
    Mr. Joker

Hoping you all enjoy it here in the new club,

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 7th January 2012 at 4:24 PM.
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Well done, elyvorg, very concise rules. Maybe you could say about what happens if rules are broken / consequences?

I once more would like to claim the late Dr Owen Harper please. And purely because I want to, I'll also be Arthur the Horse. Thank you.

I'll also say if anyone else joins, that Captain Jack Harkness is already reserved for previous member; Brock Philips.

Do the Robot!

Hiiiii elyvorg,

I have had an interest in Doctor Who since before the first series, my favourite Doctor being Tom Baker. After watching the most recent series, my favourite incarnation of the Doctor is David Tennant, and I have watched every single episode. If I was unable to watch one, I would always watch it later on demand. I like to come up with ideas of what might happen next. My favourite episode is Blink, it had me on the edge of my seat.

Would be liking to claim the Doctor, if impossible, I won't claim anyone. I'm not settling for second best.
    People with sigs turned off smell!

Well, first of all then, I claim the Ninth Doctor. I know you don't like that issue, but they are in actuallity different characters. Sure, they they act similiarly, and have the same resolves, but their personalities are quite different. I mean, look at the First Doctor compared to the latest one. They're getting younger, not older - hmm, do Time Lords age backwards? Lol, don't resolve that one guys and gals

Or, if you're gonna say no, I choose the Supreme Dalek. The one from the latest episodes, The Stolen Earth and Journey's End. Because it looks cool, and sounded good. Even though it was rather ineffective in the end...

Now, as you might have guessed, my favourite Doctor is the Ninth. That or the First or Fourth. Why? Well, I preffered how Chris behaved with Billie than David did for one thing. Plus he had the great "Just this once, everybody lives" bit. I've watched a couple of the First Doctor episodes now, and I'm really respecting him.

And that's all I'm going to say for the moment, apart from this: Doctor Who works better than other shows involving other planets because it's not alway Earth that things happen around. Seriously, I always thought in Stargate the Ori struggling to take over the Earth was rather pathetic...

Jelly baby?
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

Anyone 4 Buttons?: That's just it; I'm not sure what consequences there should be for broken rules. For the first five, I think it should just be gentle reminders that they're breaking a rule which will hopefully make them stop, and only some kind of ban if they persistently break them. For the spoiler rules, though, I want to be a lot stricter on them to avoid any incidents like in the last club... but I don't know how harsh to be. Any ideas?

Anyway, welcome. Would you mind terribly giving up Arthur as a character title? I don't really want people thinking they can have two titles or complaining that you can and they can't. And I want Brock to get Jack too, but I think it'd be unfair to other people to give him preferential treatment over anyone else.

By the way, everyone, while Anyone 4 Buttons? and UltimateNagash are apparently exempt from completing the form due to being co-owners, the rest of you, including those rejoining, must use the form if they want to get in.

lunar_espeon: Welcome! That's plenty long enough, and you'll find that we do a lot of speculation here (well, at least around the time of episodes airing; there won't be much for a while).

Of course you can have the Doctor, seeing that you were first here. No second best, indeed. xP

UltimateNagash: No, I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with my mindset that the Doctor is one entity (I know his regenerations have wildly differing personalities, but that doesn't change the fact that they're all the same being), so you can have the Supreme Dalek. Besides, it'd be a bit strange if half the members list was made up of different incarnations of the Doctor.

Apart from that, welcome, and nice introductory post. *takes jelly baby*

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 14th July 2008 at 5:08 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Hi again everyone.

Why do I like Doctor Who?
    I like Doctor Who becuase its such a gripping show, especially with season finales like Journeys End and Last Of The Time Lords. I also like it becuase it has so many different characters who conflict in different ways. And finally becuase of the villains who appeared as the first bad guys: The Daleks and the ever famous saying "Exterminate!"

Who is my favorite Doctor?
    I really like the tenth Doctor becuase David Tennant just really shows how good the Doctor is, as well as portraying his dark side as well. He shows the man who watched Gallifrey and Skaro burn and perish in the flames of the Time War.

Desires character title?
    I would like to be Dalek Caan, the Dalek who caused his species death.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Mwhaha elyvorg. I'm really the Master, and I hypnotised eveyone using a perception filter into thinking I was the Supreme Dalek. And those jelly babies were poisoned! Now I can be owner of this club, and claim the Ninth Doctor!

*Twirls moustache*

Ahhh, I'm just joking. I don't mind - it's actually a good discussion. Are the different regenerations of a Time Lord sperate people or not?
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."

Hi again. Computer virus + Homework = An inactive Crasher.

First off, regenerations. They could change the nicest Doctor you could ever have to the nasiest Doctor you could ever have and back. Next, the fact that it's sci-fi; In a sci-fi show, anything can happen. You could have two of the same person *Wink wink*, travel through time and space and destroy alien gizmos with a small shiny tube that makes a silly noise. There's a lot more but I can't be bothered to write them all down.

4th. He's been described as the Doctor, as well as the fact he likes jelly babies.

Desired character title?
    Davros. Hey, I like Wilf, but he's not the best character.

Also, a quick question:
    If someone had claimed Captain Jack, could someone else claim the Face of Boe? (I don't want to claim him, I'm just wondering)
    Last edited by Crasher; 14th July 2008 at 6:38 PM.

DAMN. Fooled! I did wonder whether the jelly baby was offered by the Fourth Doctor or the most recent Master! D:

On a more I'mma-nitpick-your-references note, the Master doesn't hypnotise people with perception filters (I think that'd be pretty difficult to do); he does it with satellites. Or mind control, but I don't know much about how that works 'cause it's Classic series.

Oh, the fun you'll have with an owner who has huge gaps in her Who-knowledge.

That could be an interesting discussion to have before I hit everyone with a really big topic I'm saving for when there's a few more people here. (It's in the same vein as your "Series 3 awards" you did last year, Nagash, except more expansive. So if you were going to do something similar, I'm bagsing it. =P).

Lemme start off with a fairly brief point. If an ordinary human - doesn't even have to be from the Whoniverse - were to, for example, go in a coma for a while and come out with brain damage that left him or her with a completely different personality, would you consider them a totally separate person from the one that went into the coma?

storymasterb: You're in, welcome, and Dalek Caan is yours. And can I just say that I love your joining post? Apart from being a pretty nice example of how to get the length I want in, you really hit some good points on the second paragraph. It's this:
    He shows the man who watched Gallifrey and Skaro burn and perish in the flames of the Time War.
    that I just agree with so much. It instantly makes me think of the scene in The Doctor's Daughter where he's cruelly reminded that the Time Lords are gone by Jenny having two hearts. David Tennant gets across the loss and emptiness perfectly, without even having to say a word.

EDIT: Crasher: (posted while I was posting then I had to go and eat) You're in, and I totally agree with you on the anything-can-happen factor being one of the best things about sci-fi. =D

*points at Nagash* But... but... he poisoned the jelly babies! D:

Yes, Captain Jack and the Face of Boe can be claimed separately. To avoid making my view on the Doctor claiming hypocritical, I'll justify it with two things: One, no-one is entirely certain whether they really are the same person or not, and two, for the longest time the fandom had no idea that they had any connection at all, leading us to believe they were two entirely separate characters.

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 14th July 2008 at 7:25 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Actually, the Master did use a percepticion filter like effect. He made them think he was Harold Saxon. It is a different form of perception to who he really is, so it is a perception filter. Except it makes him appear to be someone else, not slightly not there. As it were
    At least, that's how I view it.

And to that bit, yes, I guess I would. If I knew them it would be hard for me, but they are a different person as such. It's a bit iffy though, you know? I just hope I don't have to go through either end of that...

Oh, and I have plenty of different ideas and whatnot, some different theories or whatnot. But just to inform everyone, I'm going to start writing a fanfic at some point some. It's going to be known as Timelock of the Daleks, and I'm not saying any more. Surfice to say it's set before the New Series, but after the Time War.

Ultimate Nagash, I guess loads of people must think alike. I'm going to write a Doctor Who fic including the Daleks as well! It will detail what happened to a few of the Human-Daleks from Daleks In Manhatten/Evolution Of The Daleks. Suffice to say "They survive. They always survive." apart from that expect to see coal. Lots of coal. Finally you will see another thing, a one shot detailing Dalek Caans rescue of Davros!
    [CENTER]

Sooo, is anyone looking forewards to the Christmas episode?
        Spoiler:- Christmas:

Make that three fanfictions! =D

Well, mine's a lot different from how yours sound. For one thing, it's actually finished and is just receiving some final edits whenever I feel like it. And for another, I haven't based it off any kind of canon storyline - it's just a one-off adventure for the Doctor and Martha in a similar vein to the short stories in the Storybooks, except it's a bit longer (I think) and due to writing most of it during Series 4, I nudged the epicness slightly closer to that of an episode. But it's just a bit of fun, mostly. That said, I'm actually quite pleased with the planet it's set on, which is entirely my creation.

If anyone would like to read it once I'm completely satisfied with it (though I should probably produce some kind of synopsis; I'll get back to you on that one), drop me a PM. I wrote it for my own enjoyment, so I'm not posting it on any forums, but I will PM it to anyone who's interested (unfortunately in about six PMs as it's just that long).

I see what you mean about the perception filter now - it worked a bit like one, but it wasn't actually one - after all, shifting someone's perception about a foot to the left is a bit more basic than shifting someone's perception of a person to an entirely different personality.

And blah on the whole coma thing. Looks like I'll have to try a different tack, so how's about this one: even the Doctor thinks of himself, through all his incarnations, as one person. At Bad Wolf Bay, when he was explaining to Rose about his human self's added ruthlessness, he said, "He's me when we first met," not, "He's my past incarnation." He's made that kind of implication several other times when he's mentioned skirmishes he's had with past monsters; the only times he ever said, "I was a different man," he clearly meant it flippantly. So if the Doctor views all his incarnations as part of the same being (and why shouldn't he?), is it really right to split them up for claiming?

*cough* Please excuse the fact that the last sentence sounds like some kind of cheesy campaign vid. xP

But actually, I think the disagreement we have here is less about the Doctor and more about simply what constitutes a claimable character. And if this is the case, I don't know if the debate can ever be resolved. :/

Chriiiiiistmaaaaas! Actually, I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was for the previous two years, because they didn't give us a nice weird cliffhanger for it at the end of Journey's End. And also because I'm not as fond of episodes set in     Spoiler:

...after spoilering just two words, I'm already starting to doubt the strictness of my own spoiler rules. :/

EDIT: Okay, so I've made a slight tweak, and now it's okay to freely talk about anything from upcoming episodes that's been seen in a trailer, as long as you're allowed to freely talk about that trailer. Which, for the Christmas one, you are.

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 14th July 2008 at 10:39 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Yeah, I think the what are Time Lord thing shouldn't be talked about. Far TOO deep

And my Dalek story is different: it is set in Ancient Greece, has a blue Dalek Supreme (which also shows a Dalek council for a bit) and more stuff. And the line along the words of "Doctor, it's raining."
    "No, it can't be. We have to leave. Now."
    And it's not an H2O scoop

I saw this thread and decided, since I was bored, to actually watch a few of episodes of this show... and if it weren't for the fact that I'm extremely tired, I'd continue watching it. I never watched the original series but I'm surprised I never heard about this show. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'd like to join!
    love me, hate me ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬&

Woop Woop. Tried to find this club yesterday after the other one was closed, but it wasnt open then Well, I is joining nows

I think possibly the biggest reason that I like Doctor Who is because it truly is never the same each week. It is everything and more you can expect from a Science-Fiction Show, and the fact that it has lived for so long proves that it is, like the Daleks () never going to die. And then there is the Doctor himself. He is the PERFECT character, as, unlike characters in other shows, who would have gone stale after however long its been since "The Unearthly Child", the fact that the Doctor CAN regenerate, and henceforth change his character is the PINNICLE of Doctor Who's success, alongside the changing of companions. Rather than sticking to the same 2 actor/actress, the fact the show can "regenerate" itself, is what has made the Doctor so good, and is the reason I watch the show

I must admit, I havent watched much/any of Hartnell/Troughton/C. Baker/McCoy/McGann, I have watched Pertwee/T. Baker/Davidson/Eccleston/Tennant. I must admit though, as brilliant as the two new series Doctor's have been, none can outshine Pertwee

John Smith again (The Doctor's Allias, not the "Character" in Human Nature)
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

Heh, can't see Daleks using H2O scoops, somehow.

Glajummy: It's great to see someone who just randomly decided to watch some episodes having never seen Doctor Who before and got instantly hooked. =D But I'm afraid I can't let you join until you fill in the form on the first post.

DieChavsDie: Wahey for another great introductory post, and welcome. I'm not sure if you should be able to claim John Smith the alias, though, as it's not really a character at all. You might as well try to claim "Spartacus" from The Fires of Pompeii. xP I always assumed your title of John Smith in the old club was the Human Nature character, but as it isn't... Anyone else you'd like?

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 15th July 2008 at 4:22 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Time Flight (the Dalek Caan one shot) is now in the non Pokemon fics section if anyone wants to read it. I will begin writing the other fic as soon as I can (as in once I finish Journey of a Champion and Mysteries of Evolution, the new story I will start after Journey of a Champion.) I for one am going to enjoy the Christmas ep as its been two series since we last saw the Cybermen. After all, they are the second best monsters in Doctor Who.

Edit: The other fic is now cancelled until I can actually post a story without someone (points finger at Yami Ryu) can manage to do at least a partly good review.

Apparently I should stay in Pokemon fics (My Daleks are just as evil as the real ones, shells of themselves, yeah right!). I am not writing a non Pokemon fic until said (nearly 0% chance) event occurs.
    Last edited by storymasterb; 15th July 2008 at 9:14 PM.
    [CENTER]

Hm, I've always wanted to have a go at writing fiction, but I'm not too good with words as such. It'd be really fun just planning out the story and everything, though I have no idea what I'd ever attempt to write about.

So I just realised that bees really are disappearing in the real world. I swear I did not know this before. :O

Still, we all know where they've gone. =D

Topic time! Because I feel like posting it now. Due to its potential length, I'd prefer if any new joiners wait until they're accepted before answering it.

So, the topic is basically to fill in your opinion on the "Series 4 Awards" I've listed below. I've gone a bit nuts on various categories, so don't feel that you have to do all of them if you can't be bothered; just pick a few. As I'm forever going to be encouraging in this new club, it'd be great if you could leave a sentence or two explaining why, as well - see if it sparks off a bit of discussion.

Kudos to UltimateNagash for doing something similar last series and giving me the idea. I've expanded it and removed the "worst" ones, because I don't like encouraging negative opinions on the show. Go figure.

Scary and creepy are different things in my book. If you see them as the same, combine the two.

Best Actor
    Best Actress
    Best Episode
    Funniest Episode
    Scariest Episode
    Creepiest Episode
    Cleverest Episode
    Most Edge-of-Seat Episode
    Best Moment
    Funniest Moment
    Scariest Moment
    Creepiest Moment
    Most Edge-of-Seat Moment
    Saddest Moment
    Most Heartwarming Moment
    Best Humourous Line
    Best Serious Line
    Best Monster
    Best Music

and, of course, the Honourable Mention.

I'll post mine at some point, but not right now because I don't want the post introducing the topic to be swamped with my own opinions.

-elyvorg/Martha
    Last edited by elyvorg; 15th July 2008 at 10:09 PM.
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

Hah, elyvorg; beat you at the Bees thread!

Anyways, storymasterb. That Caan fiction you posted wasn't entirely terrible, but I'm afraid Yami kind of knows what they're talking about the majority of the time. Sorry. I enjoyed a few lines, but it really needs to be more thought out, not so rushed. Stories need to be drafted multiple times - I should know, I'm in my 3rd year of doing Creative Writing at University!

I suppose as co-owner, I'd better set an example, and go back and post the joining form...
    In stealing a little from Crasher and DCD, I must say that as a sci-fi show, there virtually are no limitations to where the stories lead the characters, and what can happen, aswell as who they encounter (or don't, in some cases).
    I am enough of a fan to see past the faults of the show. Sorry, did I say faults (plural)? I meant, just the one: Love & Monsters...
    Oh, it also gives my main man John Barrowman more screen time, which, in my books always produces WIN.
    Well, I really like Peter Davison, but not particularly for his Who-work. I'm afraid I'll have to go down the obvious path and say David Tennant, purely because, in my mind, that is how I now see the Doctor should be. The way some scenes have been played out by DT (this series, in particular) have been outstanding: The ending of Doomsday, when Rose lets go of the lever; The aftermath of Jenny's 'death'; aswell as the charm with which he plays The Doctor, and his interaction with 'supporting' cast and obviously companions. The Girl In The Fireplace being another fine example.
    Desired character title?
    The late, great, Dr Owen Harper
    There we go. Model pupil!

Do the Robot!

I said they weren't using H2O scoops

and I'll do it later. Tired :/

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
    DieChavsDie: Wahey for another great introductory post, and welcome. I'm not sure if you should be able to claim John Smith the alias, though, as it's not really a character at all. You might as well try to claim "Spartacus" from The Fires of Pompeii. xP I always assumed your title of John Smith in the old club was the Human Nature character, but as it isn't... Anyone else you'd like?

-elyvorg/Martha
    Well, John Smith HAS been used since Day 1, so its not exactly a one off Alias like Spartacus, and due to its long tenure, I HAVE seen people refer to the Doctor, and John Smith, as seperate entities.

So I guess that means Mr Saxon is off limits too . I guess Ill just be John Smith, the Human Nature character, but see myself as the alias

And I guess I has time, so I shall be the first to post answers to the Series 4 Awards

Best Actor: Bernard Cribbins. Wilf is such a brilliant character yes, but he wouldnt have been ANYTHING as amazing if it wasnt for Bernard Cribbins' portrayal of him.

Best Actress: Catherine Tate. Whilst the supporting cast was BRILLIANT this year (Notably Alex Kingston, Fenella Woolgar and Felicity Kendell for non-reccurring characters, Elizabeth Sladen for a reccurring character), but Catherine Tate not only pulled out all stops to perform to the BEST of her ability, but she also performed greater than ANYONE could have predicted for her. The character development for Donna was intense, and it truly did mean that, thanks to Catherine's acting, the final scenes of Journey's End so poignant and sad.

Best Episode: There were some REAL corkers of episodes this year, probrably the best quality series of the New Series to date, but nothing can detract from the Moffat Arc (Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead (If only one can be mentioned, SITL)) to steal its place as (the rightful) Best Episode of the Series.

Funniest Episode: Again, this can only go to one episode, which was probrably the only episode that sought OUT to be funny this year, but was also the funniest episode of the NEW SERIES IN GENERAL. Of course, I am talking about The Unicorn and The Wasp, which was an IMMENSELY funny episode, and has been quite underrated IMHO.

Scariest Episode: Midnight. The idea of having something STEAL YOUR VOICE is terrible. I mean, your voice is your identity, and with someone that talks as much as I do, as much as OTHER PEOPLE might want me to have my voice stolen, it would be DEVESTATING to have my voice, and therefore my identity, stolen. Its when you truly put yourself in that situation, that you realise how terrifying Midnight was.

Creepiest Episode: Now, no episodes this year were TRULY creepy, but I shall go out on a limb and say Partners in Crime, if only because, over the years I have weighed quite a bit (Not anymore thank god), and whilst I would never have used a diet pill, no matter how revolutionary, the thought of little globules of fat coming alive and detatching themselves from my body is revolting and creepy *shudders*.

Cleverest Episode: As much as I would like to put down The Unicorn and the Wasp, or Midnight, I dont think it would be fair to Steven Moffat to detract from the IMMENSELY clever Arc he wrote, and as such, I would name Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead (Again, if only one episode is allowed, I shall this time pick FOTD) as the cleverest episode(s) this series.

Most Edge-of-Seat Episode: Whilst it is obvious most people are gonna say the Near-Fatal shooting of the Doctor (Or even the Arsenic if people are gonna go out on a limb), im gonna go out on an even FURTHER limb, and say that the beginning of Silence in the Library was the most "Edge-of-seat" moment, and as such the most "Edge-of-seat" episode. It was truly gripping, and I could NOT be detatched from the television once I had started watching.

Funniest Moment: The moment in The Unicorn and the Wasp when Colonel Hugh gets out of his wheelchair, does a little monologue, and then the Doctor/Agatha Christie say they were gonna say he was "Completely Innocent".

Scariest Moment: "Donna Noble has left the Library. Donna Noble has been saved". That moment was terrifying, because whilst I knew Donna COULDNT have died, I couldn't see a "Way-Out" whilst watching that.

Creepiest Moment: The moment when Davros looks up at the Camera in The Stolen Earth. His face was just revolting.

Most Edge-of-Seat Moment: As I have already stated, the opening (pre credits) to Silence in the Library.

Saddest Moment: The conversation between the Doctor and Wilf at the end of Journey's End. It was just so sad, and was the only part in this new series that brought up a tear in my eye.

Most Heartwarming Moment: I shall put this here as "Most Heartwarming Moment", because whilst it was very sad, it was not as sad as the "Saddest Moment" I have listed, and also because it truly did stop me breathing whilst I watched. And that was the witnessing of the Uncultivated Ood, and Donna hearing their song (Yes, I loved this episode, and as such needed to mention it somewhere ). It was just so beautiful and sad, and my heart really did go out to the almost creepy looking squid-things in suits, that I now love (Though, I think the fact that I want one as a pet kinda detracts from the "Anti-Slavery" issues )

Best Monster: The Vashta Nerada, just because they were TERRIFYING, and I did actually do my best to avoid shadows after that.

Best Music: The Ood Song. Pure and Simple. I loved it, it was so beautiful.

Ok, so Ive left out the lines, Best Moment and Honourable Mention. Firstly, can anyone link me to a place with quotes from this series (All I found was IMDB, and that was all the Pre-Series stuff), and can someone explain what is meant by "Honourable Mention". I will also get back to "Best Moment". I need to think about it.
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

You enter the wrong digits into the teleporter base code on your Time Agent wrist-device and you wind up two days further forwards than you want to be, and you can't go back, or you'll be crossing your own timeline.

Here's my joining form:-

I have been a Dr Who fan since the Tom Baker days and with The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood on the TV, I'm always recording and watching them, or thinking about them.
    That, and whenever the title music comes on, I have a Pavlovian response and rush through to see what's going on!

Favourite-probably David Tennant, but I like them all, pretty much.
    Although Tom Baker tends to creep me out a bit.

Captain Jack Harkness. (Please.)

Whovian info. The current series of Dr WHo is being repeated on Sunday-Tuesday on BBC 3 whilst SJA (series 1) is on the CBBC channel on Mondays at 5:15 pm.
    There's also a new series of SJA comming out in the autumn some time, which I'm looking forwards to.

BRock PHillips/Captain Jack.
    Elected co-leader of the Mythical Creatures thread by ~:Northern Lights:~. Found here-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=285992
    Visit my deviantart site please!
    http://centaurmarines.deviantart.com/
    I do requests/commisions on my site, so please let me know if you would like an image or two/three.
    PM me here or ask me at the site.

Best Actor:
    Best Actress: Catherine Tate, especially for her portrayal of Donna in "The Planet of the Ood". I find it sad that she's leaving the set already, and that she can't continue to travel with the Doctor on the TARDIS. In the words of Doctor Who, she was "brilliant".
    Best Episode: The absolute best episode would probably for me be "Midnight". It was scary, gripping and different to the other episodes. The only thing that let it down for me was where it was in the episode order.
    Funniest Episode: The Doctor's Daughter. It just had so many laughable moments, kind of like: "Oh, why don't we name her Jenny!" just spontaneously. The whole "Running, I like running" thing was laughable too.
    Scariest Episode: "The Fires of Pompeii". It had those CREEPY CREPPY women in it, all turning to stone! They also had the eyes on the backs of their hands and they were just... ugh... indescribable.
    Creepiest Episode: Midnight. The concept of people making each other scared as well as the creature which posseses people's voices isn't a nice thought. Slow and painful deaths are so much worse than quick deaths, as when you die quickly, there's barely any pain. Just the idea of people confusing each other is creepy, and then driving each other to kill someone is worse.
    Cleverest Episode: I dunno, I just have a fondness for "Turn Left". It incorporates all of the ideas from the previous series into one episode, which I think is very good. Not only that, it's all because of one tiny action that was a very fragile descision!
    Most Edge-of-Seat Episode: Silence in the Library, need I explain?
    Best Moment:
    Funniest Moment:
    Scariest Moment:
    Creepiest Moment:
    Most Edge-of-Seat Moment:
    Saddest Moment: When I saw the first Data Ghost in 'Silence in the Library', I was sat there, feeling very sorrowful. The one thing that made it worse was that it was actually conscious thought, not random blabber. "Is the nice lady there?"
    Most Heartwarming Moment:
    Best Humourous Line:
    Best Serious Line:
    Best Monster:
    Best Music:
    Honourable Mention:

I'll finish this later... Gotta go.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast