Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1462

Thread: The Doctor Who Club v.2

Well, I stayed away at the mention of spoilers to enjoy the rest of the series, but nothing too much happened anyway... Antway, NZ's all caught up in Doctor Who, an I assume we're one of the latest. Still a few more Torchwood to go though.

The God Complex was probably my least favourite episode in the series. I obviously still enjoyed the episode like I do with all of them, but it did have a sort of "meh" feeling to it. The whole fears concept was pretty interesting, and the way the Minotaur actually controlled its victims was a nice little change. Probably the highlight of the episode was Amy having to realise that the Doctor isn't as perfect as she thought, which bought a whole lot of heartbreak to the episode.

Closing Time was hilarious! I really enjoyed the whole Doctor and Craig relationship in the last series so it was nice to see that return again. It's nice to see Craig's life turned out great too.
    I was again, like every appearance since The Next Doctor, a bit disconcerted by the appearance of the Cybermen. It's always great to see them, but unless I missed something, they didn't really have much explanation except they crashed there a long time ago.

And just tonight was The Wedding of River Song. I think it was a great finale, and the Doctor's little loophole to cheat death was very unexpected (that's why I don't like spoiling). The Silence were as creepy as ever, and the little alternate reality was awesome. All hail the Holy Roman Emperor Winston Churchill! xD
    Perhaps the finale didn't seem as extravagent as past ones, but it tied up the series very nicely and still leaves the whole "question theme" to next series.

And Torchwood is getting pretty interesting. Jack's lover from the 20's being somehow involved in the miracle is... very unexpected... I'm looking forward to all sorts of crazy and convoluted explanations.
    (poor Torchwood gets a much smaller mention)
    Credit to both draya and PPL.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf Churchill View Post
    And Torchwood is getting pretty interesting. Jack's lover from the 20's being somehow involved in the miracle is... very unexpected... I'm looking forward to all sorts of crazy and convoluted explanations.
    I'll spoiler the following, since it relates to parts of Miracle Day BadWolf hasn't seen.
        Spoiler:- Angelo:

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
    Incidentally, I was talking with some people the other day and one of them had an interesting theory. Assuming the Doctor actually is officially married to River now, they speculated that he did so because this means his name is now technically "Doctor Song" (or perhaps "Doctor Pond"; it doesn't really matter), so he'll be able to answer the Question truthfully at Trenzalore while still not screwing up the universe. I rather like that thought, because I for one had been kind of mystified as to why the Doctor needed to marry River, and this seems like a workable explanation.
    OOOOR... Because he finally realized he loves her! XD Yeah, I will ALWAYS ship them no matter what!!!

Well, no need for spoiler tags anymore!

I think the last episode I commented on was TGWW, so I'll start from The God Complex. I really liked Rita, is was cruel to kill her off! I like how the minotaur fed off faith and not fear (like the doctor originally thought); this episode was a great way for the doctor to realize how much danger he's putting the ponds in. There fair well was sad, but did the doctor not care about saying bye to Rory?

Closing Time was more lolzy than anything. Was it just me, or was the first 1/3 dedicated to teh lolz? I felt that the cybermen felt out of place here, like Badwolf Churchill said. It was good to see Craig again, too! But we didn't see as much of Sophie

Now, TWoRS! I love how they referenced one of the doctor's old companions with the phone call, even though I know nothing of the old series, it's nice how they incorporated it! Same with Charles Dickens havin' the same actor as when he appeared with the ninth doctor!

I sorta didn't like how they kept switching between the doctor talking to Dorium/the tesselecta and the alternate reality. It just seemed really odd, IMO. I was just expecting Lake Silencio --> alternate reality --> talkin' ---> conclusion. I was a bit disappointed with how they just left the silence at the end, weren't they only a few minutes away? However, instead the climax was the wedding, equally as good! I loved how River was so stubborn that she'd rather have the universe destroyed than have the doctor die!

It felt weird to me to not have the doctor reunite with Amy/Rory/River at the end. Why couldn't he just come up and give 'em hugs? I felt the ending to be a little bit cheap, basically "this happened and we just didn't show you it!" Nevertheless, the doctor's alive (well like they were gonna kill him!) but it was a great endin'!

Also, when Churchill first pulled up his gun, did anyone else think it was a silent telling him to kill the doctor? After that, it seemed they were protecting themselves, but it seemed to me that Winston was "silenced" to kill the doctor . . . anyways, always gotta love how they used the doctor's perspective, instead of showing the silence straight away!

Now, some things . . . really, we haven't been given an explanation to either of the silence's ships (from The Lodger and DOTM respectively). All we really got was that they were silence ships . . . and what significance does the ship from the lodger even have? At best, Craig or someone else killed the pilot (a silent) and . . . well, nothing really. Their ship was a pseudo TARDIS . . . what significance did that have? I want answers! Just another thing, does prisoner zero have any connection to the silence? He knew "silence will fall" (and "the pandorica will open") . . . was it just convenient for him to say these things at said time and place? Just to get the viewers goin' lolwut?

Aside, I have no doubt that the silence will reappear. They're just . . . too awesome for Moffat to do away with! One last thing, does the doctor really need to hide for now? He's got a time machine, and looked the same for 200-ish years . . . if one of the silence do manage to find him, all he has to do is play dumb and act as if he's a younger version of himself. Unless they've always got a silent stalking him . . . maybe they do? If ya' re-watch The Lodger you'll find that like two or three times Amy calls out to someone/something . . . then she looks away and they never come back to it :/ Speaking of which, how long was that silent there, how did it get there, is it still there?

Now for a little bit on Torchwood. I felt that this latest episode was sorta dull. Most of it was about Jack 'n Angelo, and they way they kept splitting between that and Gwen in the car was weird to me. Probably because I was wondering how Jack would escape from Gwen, and that was most of which was shown in the adds! However, there was the same kind of sadness the doctor had with Rose, the whole "you can grow old with me but I can't grow old with you," which was good (in a sad way?). Either way, I wanna know how Angelo in involved in the miracle! I don't think I'll look up spoilers this time . . .

Well, that's all for now.

kjt/Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Quote Originally Posted by kjt View Post
    Now, some things . . . really, we haven't been given an explanation to either of the silence's ships (from The Lodger and DOTM respectively). All we really got was that they were silence ships . . . and what significance does the ship from the lodger even have? At best, Craig or someone else killed the pilot (a silent) and . . . well, nothing really. Their ship was a pseudo TARDIS . . . what significance did that have? I want answers! Just another thing, does prisoner zero have any connection to the silence? He knew "silence will fall" (and "the pandorica will open") . . . was it just convenient for him to say these things at said time and place? Just to get the viewers goin' lolwut?
    The way I see it, the ship in Day of the Moon was used by the Silents to get to Earth in the first place, and then, after the Doctor defeated them, the ship found itself becoming 79B Aickman Road (perhaps it transported there to find a correct pilot). That's why it was abandoned; the pilots had been killed by the Doctor and River -- but from the Doctor's perspective, when he first saw it, that event hadn't happened yet.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Why do you like Doctor Who?
    Oh god, that's hard to explain. xD Well, I'll try. First of all, the story is just really damn incredible, the writers are just incredibly good, and the actors are really well chosen, they're all perfect for the part they're playing. Besides that I'm just a huge Sci-Fi nerd, and this show is just perfect for me, it has monsters, aliens, humour, a good story, it just has everything a geek could ask for. xD I still don't have the idea I really explained why I love it so much, it's just the feeling I get when watching it. The idea of travelling in time with a handsome Time Lord in a policebox exploring all of time and space is just something you can't resist. <3
    Who's your favourite Doctor?
    It's the Ninth Doctor, basically just because he was my first Doctor, he was the one who introduced me to this beautiful show and I'll always love him for that. Besides that, he has a northern accent, he gets a LOT of points for having a northern accent. xD
    Desired character title?
    Mickey Smith. =3

Radiohead: Hi! Don't worry; you said plenty enough to get in there, and if you post lots in here then you'll get loads more chances to properly express your love for the show! Unfortunately, we are in a between-series downtime at the moment so this place won't see as much activity, but if you have any ideas that could generate some discussion, feel free.

And yay for Mickey. Gotta love Mickey.

There fair well was sad, but did the doctor not care about saying bye to Rory?
    The Doctor's farewell to Amy was touching because she'd only just learned the truth that he's not as perfect as he seems and would probably have got her killed one day if she'd stayed. Rory had kind of always known that and was staying in the TARDIS more for Amy's sake than for the wonder and the magic of the universe. The Doctor saying goodbye to him probably wouldn't have been as touching, since this is what Rory was always sort of hoping the Doctor would eventually get around to doing; there might have been a certain element of "I told you so" in Rory's response to him leaving, which would have made the Doctor feel awkward and even more guilty than he already did, something I can't imagine he'd have wanted.

...that's how I see it, anyway. :x (I totally don't ridiculously overanalyse those three characters or anything.)

It felt weird to me to not have the doctor reunite with Amy/Rory/River at the end. Why couldn't he just come up and give 'em hugs?
    He explained to Dorium that he was faking his death so that he could be forgotten about, giving him a fresh start and letting him move on from that dark reputation that half the universe had for him. I think, in a similar vein, the Doctor is also using this to move on from the guilt of screwing up his companions lives and putting them in danger and all that - so, him popping around to Amy and Rory's place for a happy reunion would, while undoubtedly being adorable, perhaps give him too much temptation to get back into their lives and potentially start screwing them up again, which he's trying to avoid.

(again this is just my overanalysis and you don't have to agree with me)

One last thing, does the doctor really need to hide for now? He's got a time machine, and looked the same for 200-ish years . . . if one of the silence do manage to find him, all he has to do is play dumb and act as if he's a younger version of himself.
    I think this is a very interesting point! Throughout this whole series, as we were aware that the "future" Doctor would apparently be 194 years older than the one we knew, I was constantly skeptical (194 years is an incredibly long time, even for him), and kept trying to think of possible reasons he could have been lying about his age on the beach. As it turns out, those 194 years really did happen, at least according to Gareth Roberts, writer of Closing Time. I'm currently willing to believe that, but writers have been known to lie about things (What's that, Steven Moffat? It really is the Doctor, and he really is dead? :O). So I'm also open to the possibility of it turning out that Gareth Roberts was lying, as was the Doctor when he claimed to be 1103, because what you're talking about here is a very sense-making reason for him to have done so: if the Doctor ever accidentally got a bit too noticed post-faked-death, people would just assume that his death hadn't happened yet because he's supposed to be older than that when he dies, and with any luck they won't work out that the death was faked.

About Torchwood: it's probably just me, but that episode with Angelo was one of my favourites of Miracle Day. This is admittedly largely because it was one of the only episodes where it really felt like this was happening in the same universe as the Doctor, the only one with a really Who-ish feel. There was a companion! Running! References to the other shows (that alien thing was a servant of the Trickster, from The Sarah Jane Adventures, who was also behind the Time Beetle in Turn Left; that's awesome)! However connected to the overall plot Angelo may or may not have turned out to be, I liked that episode for its own sake.

-elyvorg/Martha
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Lately I've been rewatching Season 3, and over the course of the 14 episodes I've noticed some plot holes. Can someone explain these?

1. How can the Doctor and the Master be the last Time Lords left in the entire universe and all of time? Can't the Doctor just go back to a point before the Time War started, and before the Time Lock was created, to meet some old Time Lords? And why does he never happen to meet some of his old Time Lord enemies, pre-Time War? For example, can't the Tenth Doctor just go back and meet the Ainley Master? Or even Susan, his own granddaughter?
    2. Why did people during Season 3 keep saying that the ''present'' is 2007? Shouldn't it be 2008, what with the time skip that happened with Aliens of London? This is averted with Blink, as it's completely possible for that to happen anywhen, but as for stuff like Smith and Jones, The Lazarus Experiment and The Sound of Drums, it should always be 2008.
    3. During the Year That Never Was, shouldn't the Daleks of invaded like they did in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End? And shouldn't Rose of arrived during this year? You'd think she'd end up helping Martha. Then there's the giant Space Titanic, the Sontaran invasion, the events of Children of Earth, and the events of the third season of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    1. How can the Doctor and the Master be the last Time Lords left in the entire universe and all of time? Can't the Doctor just go back to a point before the Time War started, and before the Time Lock was created, to meet some old Time Lords? And why does he never happen to meet some of his old Time Lord enemies, pre-Time War? For example, can't the Tenth Doctor just go back and meet the Ainley Master? Or even Susan, his own granddaughter?
    The way I see it is that the Time-Lock was so catastrophic that it prevents the Doctor from ever encountering Time Lords. He met the Master post-Time War due to his Chameleon Arch disguise. Or something. Most of the Time War's left up to fans to try to unravel. It's fun, isn't it? D:
    2. Why did people during Season 3 keep saying that the ''present'' is 2007? Shouldn't it be 2008, what with the time skip that happened with Aliens of London? This is averted with Blink, as it's completely possible for that to happen anywhen, but as for stuff like Smith and Jones, The Lazarus Experiment and The Sound of Drums, it should always be 2008.
    Series 3 takes place in 2008. In which episode is 2007 mentioned?
    3. During the Year That Never Was, shouldn't the Daleks of invaded like they did in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End? And shouldn't Rose of arrived during this year? You'd think she'd end up helping Martha. Then there's the giant Space Titanic, the Sontaran invasion, the events of Children of Earth, and the events of the third season of The Sarah Jane Adventures.
    The Year That Never Was took place from spring 2008 to spring 2009, exactly one year. It's plausible to say that the events of Series 4 took place after spring 2009. As for the Titanic? The Master could have easily shot it down without anyone noticing.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Ok, so the finale of SJA actually made me cry so much! It was so beautiful and Elisabeth Sladen was, is and always will be amazing!

In other news, I miss Doctor Who!

I've seen The Man Who Never Was thrice now. :P I watched it again today. That final montage always gets me. ;_;

Since, it's Halloween and we're in need of a new question, I guess I'll ask which monster do you find the scariest?

I think the Silents are definitely the most frightening. The Angels are close, but they don't have as much of an immediate impact. The towering height of the Silents really adds to the impression they give; I think it's one of their most striking qualities.

It's not too long until Christmas and new Who, with only less than two months to go. I've noticed that there hasn't been much information about the special, just as there wasn't with The Girl Who Waited. I guess there's a lot of interior or studio filming. I hope DWM provides a title in the next issue, although I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't appear until the following one.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I've seen The Man Who Never Was thrice now. :P I watched it again today. That final montage always gets me. ;_;

Since, it's Halloween and we're in need of a new question, I guess I'll ask which monster do you find the scariest?

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith
    I think the clockwork doll things from the girl in the fire place were pretty scary because the thought of something like that living under your bed is freeeeeaky.
    When I hear my clock ticking I'm like: Who's there? Plus, I was afraid to go to bed. It made me feel like a little kid, checking for monsters under my bed.

Dance Water, Dance! 3DS FC:0130-2024-5200

My scariest monster was those dolls from Night Terrors. Creepy Children+Zombies-turning-you-into-one-of-them=Those freaking dolls. Though several of the DW monsters actually outcreep some classic movie manstays ('sup, Michael Meyers).
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

*shudder* The weeping angels. So scary! I had a nightmare about them the other night . . . but I don't actually remember any of it now . . . but it was scary, I'm telling you! I was gonna try scare myself last night by watching Blink, but then I sorta ran out of time XD I did watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Hush" though . . . the evil thingys "the gentlemen" did scare me heaps though:

Spoiler:- the gentlemen, for those who are interested:

The remind me of the silence . . .

Spoiler:- let's compare:

It's probably how they dress >.<

Anyways, last weeks' Torchwood failed to record. Me annoyed . . . so I'm gonna read up on it soon. I must plot hoard . . . I really wanna know something about the Christmas special . . . but even more about series seven! I'll desperately try to find it online so I can keep up with y'all ahaha!

Ok, so onto some stuff . . . the doctor has left Amy 'n Rory . . . but they're both going to appear in series seven? I'm also hoping on River appearing again, because I think she should at least stay for as long as her parents . . . maybe even longer! Considering that the doctor's realized how much danger he puts his friends in, it seems surprising that he'd bring Amy and Rory back with him. Also, since the doctor is meant to be keeping a low profile, I'd expect that the show will be a bit different than what we're used to. Maybe he needs Amy and Rory back to help him, like he needed their help at the start of this series? Either way, it's awesome that they're back!

One thing that may have been mentioned before, but maybe not: the Amy that saw the doctor die was a ganger, right? At that point in her timeline she didn't (or shouldn't) have known that, or that River was her daughter. Theoretically she didn't even know that she was pregnant >.< However, River could have easily explained that to her . . . but still, that's the one thing that I found the weirdest. Also, when we saw Amy and River talking, it seemed like the Doctor had just died by the way she was talking, whilst really, it happened many adventures ago. The last time she saw the doctor was at the end of The God Complex . . . another thingy, shouldn't she have remembered the aborted timeline in Day of the Moon and further episodes? Time travel can be confusing >.<
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Which monster do you find the scariest?

For me it was the Empty Child and its gasmask zombie army. Those things really got to me back when I was 11, and Doctor Constantine's transformation sequence was probably the scariest scene ever! I also find monsters that can't really be fought, such as an unstoppable disease (nanogenes... They're like a virus) much scarier.
    The Silence and Weeping Angels (who I'm used to now :P) are the next scariest.

Quote Originally Posted by kjt
    Anyways, last weeks' Torchwood failed to record. Me annoyed . . . so I'm gonna read up on it soon. I must plot hoard . . . I really wanna know something about the Christmas special . . . but even more about series seven! I'll desperately try to find it online so I can keep up with y'all ahaha!
    Oh no! You missed a really important one unfortunately, we finally got some direction (perhaps a bit obvious though) as to the cause of the miracle.

And yah, time travel is confusing... I usually just try to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Credit to both draya and PPL.

To add to the stuff about the Year that Never Was, the opening scene of Last of the Time Lords had some kind of space traffic announcer informing all galactic travellers that Sol 3, or Earth, was entering extinction, essentially telling everyone not to visit it. That probably kept away most invaders.

Scariest monster? Right now, probably the Silence. They're the most effectively paranoia-inducing monsters that exist, since there is technically no reason they couldn't exist in real life, and we just don't ever remember seeing them. The Weeping Angels' concept is creepy and all, but they can't really induce paranoia in real life unless you happen to be looking at a very Angel-like statue. Also, with the Silence, I really like those few times in episodes where we're not shown anything the characters don't remember, giving a real sense of how utterly unsettling it must be to know that there are monsters nearby that you've run into several times by now but not remembering a damn thing about it.

It's not too long until Christmas and new Who, with only less than two months to go. I've noticed that there hasn't been much information about the special, just as there wasn't with The Girl Who Waited. I guess there's a lot of interior or studio filming. I hope DWM provides a title in the next issue, although I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't appear until the following one.
    It's Children in Need sometime later this month, so maybe we'll get some kind of trailer/title/preview thing then like we usually do?

One thing that may have been mentioned before, but maybe not: the Amy that saw the doctor die was a ganger, right? At that point in her timeline she didn't (or shouldn't) have known that, or that River was her daughter. Theoretically she didn't even know that she was pregnant >.< However, River could have easily explained that to her . . . but still, that's the one thing that I found the weirdest.
    Sure, River could have told Amy and Rory pretty much everything in The Impossible Astronaut, but - spoilers! She explained this at the end of the finale, about how she always has to keep stuff from them so they don't learn anything they're not supposed to know yet.

Also, when we saw Amy and River talking, it seemed like the Doctor had just died by the way she was talking, whilst really, it happened many adventures ago. The last time she saw the doctor was at the end of The God Complex . . . another thingy, shouldn't she have remembered the aborted timeline in Day of the Moon and further episodes? Time travel can be confusing >.<
    Someone else brought up just about the same issue before, so here's what my take on it was then:
    The way I see it, time was so screwed up in the alternate universe - pterodactyls in London, hot air balloons on cars, Churchill the Roman emperor, etc - that the version of Amy that lived in said world was just a general version of Amy Pond and not necessarily from any particular point in her timeline. Basically, I see no reason why it absolutely had to be the specific version of Amy from by the lake, even though she was the one who saw the Doctor die (or not).

Alternatively, think of it this way: since the Doctor was the eye of the storm, certain parts of the screwed-up universe could have been based off how things were at that point in his timeline - and from his perspective at that point, Amy was living at home with her perfume business, so that was the version of Amy it got. Something like that.
    To add to this, the version of Amy that River had a glass of wine with at the end of the episode was probably acting like the Doctor had only recently died because, for her, the events in the screwed-up universe had perhaps "only just" happened. Her ripple-proof memory allows her to remember stuff that never happened, such as the events in that universe. Perhaps, sometime during her perfume career on Earth, the events of The Wedding of River Song happened, "at the same time" in a relative wibbly-wobbly sort of way; once they were over and the universe was restored, memories of it happening suddenly appeared in the normal Amy's head. So she'd suddenly feel like the Doctor really is dead - throughout this whole series she's been upset about him dying but able to tell herself that that's in his future and he's fine for now, but this would be like she'd finally caught up with the future Doctor's timeline.

If that makes any sense. You kind of need to think about things in a vague, wibbly way for them to do so.

Also, my copy of The Brilliant Book arrived last week. =D It is pretty awesome. I recommend it to anyone who'd enjoy silly extra material (to name but one, the further accounts of things the Doctor got up to while "waving out of history" at Amy and Rory are utterly delightful), insights into the writers'/actors' minds that we might not have seen before, or brief deleted snippets that are actually very good and leave you wondering why they were ever deleted (there is this one deleted exchange from Day of the Moon involving Rory's Centurion memories that is the most adorably Roryish thing ever :3).

It also mentions a couple of things about the future series, most notably that the Doctor will be making it something of a project to "erase himself from history", something he started doing when he faked his death but seemingly isn't finished with yet. That should be interesting! Also, Steven Moffat says that next series he's going to go for even more "sl*tty titles" a la Let's Kill Hitler; he wants crazy things that just scream "Next week: THIS!". =D That sounds like fun.

-elyvorg/Martha
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

So I made a little discovery a while ago but couldn't be bothered to post it until now... it does have mild Spoilers in it but I'm really excited so I thought I'd share it!     Spoiler:- Mini Doctor Who Episodes!:

It's Children in Need sometime later this month, so maybe we'll get some kind of trailer/title/preview thing then like we usually do?
    You're right; we are getting a preview, whatever that entails. I'm glad it's a clip, seeing as we can get a trailer anytime on TV.

To add to the Silents being the scariest monsters: In the latest Adventure Game, The Gunpowder Plot, Silents can be glimpsed at random points. They appear for less than a second, leaving only that trademark hiss. Really creepy.

I watched The Eleventh Hour for the umpteenth time on Tuesday. It's such a perfect episode. It's clear that Moffat had the plot simmering away in his head for a very long time.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Right, well I've finished Miracle Day finally (even though I haven't seen the second one with Angelo XD ). It was *sob* . . . it was so sad when Esther died! Even though I knew it was coming at some point, I really expected it earlier, not when it actually happened. Also, if Jack = the Face of Boe, and he becomes like the 'cause he is the way he is, what happens to Rex? Does he become a giant wrinkly face too? Also, I like this "plan B" they mentioned. Possibly another series, no? I think the most likely thing to happen with Rex's situation is that they use his blood for whatever the next "miracle" is gonna be . . . anyways . . .

So we had school prize giving the other day, so I got to choose a book prize (two actually, but anyway). One of them was called Don't Blink. I chose it solely because that's like the first things I associate with weeping angels. Also, the catch line of the books is "in the pursuit of a deadly killer, blink and you die." That was too angel-like for me to resist But who in their right mind would seek out a weeping angel?!

TR4eva, I followed your link, seems cool! Also, is this Jim the Fish?

Spoiler:- Jim the Fish:
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Also, is this Jim the Fish?

Spoiler:- Jim the Fish:
    I really hope it is. :D These Night and the Doctor shorts are a real treat. Only nine days until the release of the complete Series 6 box set!

I just want to say how much I love Tooth and Claw. It's so brilliant. It's got the perfect amount of humour, darkness, historic-ness and, of course, running. I still can't watch the moment in which the Doctor pulls Rose up from the TARDIS floor with a straight face; that blooper will forever be etched in my mind. :P

I've also been rewatching The Satan Pit and Amy's Choice. I can still see why I was so terrified of the former when it first aired. The Ood are so menacing in the "ventilation shafts". As for the latter; so sad, yet so beautiful.

Today, I watched the CBBC repeat of The Empty Planet. I love its advancement of the RanixClyde relationship. I think Clyde mentioned the Adam and Eve-type scenario a bit too often for Rani's liking. xD

Oh, and I'm almost finished reading The Silent Stars Go By. I completely forgot about it for over a week. It's starting to get very interesting right now. Also, the Eleventh Doctor and the Ice Warriorsss make sssuch a perfect combination.

I think that's enough Who-ity Who Who-ness.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

I saw my first ninth Doctor episode the other day and I can't say I like him as much as I like the tenth. Ten seems to be just that much more nerdy than Nine, plus my odd introduction to the series- a few tenth doctor episodes, then most of Series Five and the beginning of Series Six, then pretty much all the other tenth Doctor episodes- causes that to be my first "who is this guy" moment. It's odd.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Oh. My. Rassilon. David Yates is set to direct a Doctor Who film. Sounds great, doesn't it? But read on.

He states that it needs a "radical transformation" and that they'll have to "start from scratch", completely ignoring RTD's and Moffat's addition to the story. WHAT IS HE DOING?! I really hope this doesn't go ahead. There's just something unique and special about the mini-universe Doctor Who has created in the great land of television. This feels wrong.

On a happier and non-WTF-is-he-doing?!-note, it looks like we're getting a mini-episode this Friday during CiN, as well as a Christmas Special preview. Who-rah! It sounds very intriguing.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

Oh. My. Rassilon. David Yates is set to direct a Doctor Who film. Sounds great, doesn't it? But read on.

He states that it needs a "radical transformation" and that they'll have to "start from scratch", completely ignoring RTD's and Moffat's addition to the story. WHAT IS HE DOING?! I really hope this doesn't go ahead. There's just something unique and special about the mini-universe Doctor Who has created in the great land of television. This feels wrong.
    Mmm. Can't say I like the sound of that. Specifically, I don't like how he casually talks about "putting aside" the new series and their Doctors. Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith's Doctors simply are the Doctor now. I'm not fond of the implication this gives that they're just one "option" that can be brushed aside if you don't feel like having them.

On a happier and non-WTF-is-he-doing?!-note, it looks like we're getting a mini-episode this Friday during CiN, as well as a Christmas Special preview. Who-rah! It sounds very intriguing.

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith
    Ooh! Yay! New canon material with the Doctor that isn't just stuff we'll see on Christmas Day anyway! And it says it's unexpected too, which sounds intriguing. I am very excited for Friday now! :3

I'm also very excited for those Night and the Doctor shorts there'll be in the boxset, as they sound like fun, as well. I really must get around to preordering my boxset sometime soon.

As for Jim the Fish, the last River and the Doctor heard of him, he was busy building his dam, wasn't he? So, much as it would be awesome, I doubt that little guy in the image kjt posted is him. Too small. D:

(though I must confess to being slightly eee at the Doctor in coattails again, and I can't help but wonder what his excuse for it is this time.)

whee, four days~!

-elyvorg/Martha
    LOST EVOLUTION

Foregone Conclusion

The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe! I wasn't far off, was I? :P Here's the skit and trailer for those who didn't get to see it.

The skit was all right, I guess. I preferred Space and Time. Then again, they had little time to come up with a script and film it. It was only to sell the Doctor's clothes, really, and it wasn't even planned until close to the date. Oh, and Matt Smith's definitely put on some weight since The Lodger and Christopher and His Kind. ;) /creepiness

Spoiler:- Christmas Special:

-SpeedSuicune/Sky Smith

This Christmas special looks awesome. Also, that wood-face monster thing is rather scary, ya' know? I'm desperately hoping that New Zealand will get this Christmas special during Christmas - I saw A Christmas Carol in about March of this year XD But I'm sure it'll be good. Last Christmas they had a marathon with all of the season four episodes running in a day - being that I hadn't actually seen them I was thinking gonna die, so much spoilers!. Hopefully they do the same this year, I'd quite like a catch up on either season three or four. Hey, I actually wouldn't mind season six, seen as they did split it in two.

Oh, and fun fact: over on tumblr, people are reacting more to shirtless Matt Smith than the actual trailer . . . um, someone make gifs of the actual Christmas special . . .

So . . . I guess a question:

Are there any Doctor Who related presents you want for Christmas this year?

I guess I want the season six DVDs, but I probably won't get them (maybe I'll find them somewhere cheaper online?). Maybe some of the Doctor Who novels? Touched By An Angel? What about y'all?
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast