- 'I was battling in Battle Factory. Me and my opponent both had Breloom. Two Breloom used Focus Punch. I focused first, but he hit before me. Why?'
ANSWER: Look at this post.
-When obtaining the Johto Starters in Emerald, do you just have to see all the pokemon in the Hoenn Dex or actually get all their Pokedex entries?
ANSWER: You have to have obtained the Pokedex enteries - i.e. have caught them all.
- Does confusion activate Guts or Facade's extra power?
ANSWER: No, as Confusion is technically not a status affect like sleep or burnt - it's more like Attract.
- How does the breeding of Volbeat/Illumise work?
ANSWER: It is a random, 50% chance for a Volbeat, 50% chance for an Illumise, as Volbeat can only be male, and Illumise is only ever female. (The same thing occurs for Tauros/Miltank, and the Nidorans).
- Can genderless Pokemon (like Magneton) pass down moves through breeding?)
ANSWER: They can pass down TM moves (like Thunderbolt).
- Where can I get the choice band, and what does it do?
ANSWER: You can get it from the Battle Frontier for 64 Battle Points, or in RS as a random award after 7 straight wins in the Battle Tower. It raises your Pokemon's attack by 1.5 times, but you can only make one move until you switch out and back in, where you can change the move you get locked into.
- How do I get past those 'white things' (stones...) in the Safari Zone?
ANSWER: You have to use Arco bike and press B + up/down to move through the 'white things'.
- If I steal items from Pokemon in the Battle Tower (e.g. through Covet), do I keep them?
ANSWER: No, you do not.
- Does the Emerald cloning glitch have any side-affects or hold any danger to my save file?
ANSWER: Apparently, there are no side affects or any danger to your save file at all unless you do something incorrectly.
-Why is my Pokemon getting more experiance than other Pokemon ('it recieved a boosted 'number' experiance points')?
ANSWER: Pokemon that you recive in trades get more experiance points (1.5 times more) than Pokemon you got directly and hence have your OT number.
- From a few days ago the internal clock in my Emerald game seems to have gone dead. Is there any way to fix this?
ANSWER: If it's not the infamous berry glitch
, then the internal battery in the game pak is at fault. - it may have run dry or died. If so, short of replacing it, there is nothing you can do about it.
- How do I get to open the room with Registeel inside of it after opening all three Regi caves?
ANSWER: Go to the Ruins on route 120 and enter. Go over to the braille and press A to read it. Go to the middle of the room and use Flash.
- In making Pokeblocks, is it better to do it with the NPCs, or just yourself?
ANSWER: It is better to do it with NPCs, and the more the better (therefore Lilycove is the best place). However, better yet is doing it with other people via link cable.
-How do I get to Mirage Island?
ANSWER: Go here.
- How many times can you talk to the Berry Master's wife?
ANSWER: Once a day max.
- How many berries can you get from the Berry Master's wife?
ANSWER: Not including the regular ones, you can get 5 (numbers 31 to 35), but only one of each per game.
- In trying to get a berry from the Berry Master's wife by saing a phrase, some words (e.g. 'CONTEST') are unavailable. Why?
ANSWER: Some words are unavailable until you beat the Elite Four.
- Where do you get the Pokeblock Case?
ANSWER: In R/S, in Slateport City's Contest Hall. In Emerald, in Lilycove City's Contest Hall.
- Where do I get more evolution stones?
ANSWER: You can trade for the Fire/Leaf/Water/Thunder stones with Shards, which are found in the ocean routes via using the HM Dive, or as hold items on wild Pokemon. You trade them with a treasure hunter who lives west of Mossdeep City.
Moon stones can be found on wild Lunatone (and Clefairy) and Sun Stones on wild Solrocks (as well as hidden and visible items in the overworld).
- Can I get the Leichi berry in RSE?
ANSWER: No. Nor in Colosseum/XD either.
- Where is the Move Deleter?
ANSWER: In a house next to the Dept. Store in Lilycove City.
- Does a 'happy' Pokemon have to be in your party to catch Ralts?
ANSWER: No. It is just random luck whether you'll encounter one or not - note that it is normally a rare Pokemon.
- Is there a way to hatch an egg (do the steps required) without having to play the game at the same time?
ANSWER: Yes. Have an object hold the 'Up' button so that you go into a sand hill one needs a Mach bike to travel over - you should fall down, walk back into it, fall down, etc. This counts as steps being made.
(Note - in Emerald, Pokemon with the ability Flame Body that lead the party reduce the amount of steps you need to take to hatch an egg).
- Where can I get the Flamethrower TM?
ANSWER: From the Game Corner.
- Where does one get the Strength HM?
ANSWER: You find that HM when you break the rocks with Rock Smash in the cave near Rusturf (Rusturf Tunnel). Upon doing so a man will come up and give it to you.
- How do I change Pokemon in the Altering cave in Emerald?
ANSWER: Via Mystery Gift events, but only for Japanese games, apparently.
- Do the EV-reducing berries work in reducing EVs in R/S?
ANSWER: No; they only work in Emerald, and D/P/Pt.
- Where does one get the Soothe Bell? And what other ways can I make a Pokemon happy?
ANSWER: You can get it in the Pokemon Fan Club in Slateport City if your lead Pokemon has max/near max happiness and you show it to a woman.
Other ways to make your Pokemon happy include feeding them Vitamins (e.g. Protein), EV-reducing berries in Emerald, winning battles and walking around.
-Can the Trendy Saying in Dewford change by itself? Does mixing records change it?
ANSWER: Yes it can change by itself, and no; mixing records does not affect the Trendy saying. (Also, same trendy sayings as another games does not mean they share the same squeares in which Feebas can be found on).
- Why did I not get a picture for winning the Master Contest? Did giving my Pokemon a scarf stop that?
ANSWER: You have to not only win the Master-level Contest, but win it by a decent margin to get the picture. Scarfs only increase your chances at getting the picture - they do not lower them.
- Where can I get Luxury Balls?
ANSWER: From winning the Master Contest. You cannot buy them. There is also one on the Abandoned ship.
- Does the Pokemon get affected in any way upon being migrated to D/P/Pt (e.g. lose EVs), or when they evolve?
ANSWER: No; they remain exactly the same. (Unless they evolve - they keep the same EVs and IVs and Nature, but stats will change due to evolution).
-Where is the Shadow Ball TM?
ANSWER: On the top of Mt. Pyre.
- Do the tides in Shoal cave affect the encounter rates of Pokemon?
ANSWER: Yes, in that Snorunt can only be found during Low Tide.
- Can you get both Latias/Latios in RSE?
ANSWER: Yes - but only one will be running - the other is obtainable via an event ticket. And you must first defeat the Elite Four.
- Can you get both the DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale in the one RSE save file?
ANSWER: No; you can only get one or the other.
- In Emerald, Rustburo City, in a house, there is a man who asks me to give him a word/phrase/code to make his baby laugh. Anybody know what the code is?
ANSWER: If you say certain phrases to the man (according to your OT number), you can unlock alternate wallpapers for yuor PC boxes. Go here to find out these phrases.