Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Default Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Approved by Angeling

This is a thread for all small questions about Fire Red and Leaf Green Versions. Before you ask a question, be sure to check all of these:
    3rd Generation Pokedex
    Fire Red and Leaf Green's Page
    3rd Generation Attackdex
    Abilitydex
    3rd Gen Berrydex
    Game Mechanics
    Wireless Adaptor/Mystery Gift FAQ
    FrLg Glitch Report Thread
    Breeding Help/Egg Chain Discussion
    EV's/IV's Help
    Pokerus FAQ
    Shiny FAQ
    Mechanics of the Roaming Pokemon (Entei, Raikou, Suicune)

Plus some other websites that would be useful:
    Smogon's List of 3rd Generation Tiers
    Smogon's Competitive Pokemon Movesets
    Gamefaqs's Fire Red Version Walkthroughs/FAQs
    Gamefaqs's Leaf Green Version Walkthroughs/FAQs
    Psypoke's Psydex (has all the XD tutor moves)

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Where is the Move Deleter?
    A: In Fuschia City in a house next to the Pokemon Center.

Q: Help! I went to face the Elite Four a second time but Lorelei isn't there! Is my game glitched?
    A: No, you need to finish some Sevii Island quests first.

Q: Can I evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon in this game?
    A: No. In Fire Red and Leaf Green (as well as Colosseum), you can only evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon. You can obtain an Espeon or Umbreon by trading Eevee to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, raising its friendship, and raising a level (between 12 PM and 12 AM for Espeon, between 12 AM and 12 PM for Umbreon). You could also trade it to XD and use the Sun Shard (Espeon) or Moon Shard (Umbreon), provided you have not used up your one-per-game Eevee-evolution item.

Q: Can this game trade with all the other versions?
    A: Fire Red and Leaf Green can trade between each other as soon as you have the ability to trade, but any other game can only be traded with after you get the Ruby and Sapphire to Celio, plus finishing any requirements in the other game you are trading with.

Q: Which game is better/how are they different?
    A: The only difference between these two games is the obtainable Pokemon.
    In Fire Red, you can get Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Psyduck, Golduck, Growlithe, Arcanine, Shellder, Cloyster, Electabuzz, Elekid, Scyther, Scizor, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, Skarmory, and Attack Deoxys (event-only). You can also do an ingame trade of Nidoran M for a Nidoran F, and Nidorino for Nidorina. There are also some Pokemon that are less common or more common than in Leaf Green, but they can be gotten with patience.
    In Leaf Green, you can get Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Staryu, Starmie, Magmar, Magby, Pinsir, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantine, and Defense Deoxys (event-only). You can also do an ingame trade of Nidoran F for Nidoran M and Nidorina for Nidorino. There are also some Pokemon that are less common or more common than in Fire Red, but they can be gotten with patience.
    So choose which game based on those factors.

Q: How do I clone in the 3rd generation?
    A: Check the Cloning in Emerald thread.

Q: What's with the old lady on Seven Island that has the boxes in her house? Can I get behind them or something?
    A: Short answer: No, most likely not. Long answer: It was used in the Japanese versions of Fire Red and Leaf Green to fight trainers that you downloaded using Battle-e Cards. The e-Reader was discontinued in the rest of the world due to lack of popularity, so the feature of connecting was removed, but the data to go to the spot still exists. So if you happen to have a Japanese FrLg, a Japanese e-Reader, and some Japanese Battle-e Cards for FrLg, you can go there. But it's really pretty pointless anyway (if you have the Battle-e Cards for Ruby and Sapphire, it's pretty much the same deal).

Do you have a good website to help or think that a particular question belongs in the FAQ? Send me a PM or profile message and I'll take a look.

If your question's not here (and belongs in this thread), ask away!

(The following has been added in by the edit-ninja bobandbill)

Thought it might be an idea to take every question asked so far not covered above in the FAQ/links, list it here, and provide the answer as well, OR a link to the post that answers it (so this remains under the character limit easily). So now you can look in the first post here to see every question asked so far - chances are one you want to ask has already been asked and answered.

CHECK THE LINKS ABOVE FIRST IF THE QUESTION IS NOT BELOW!

Also, for an easy-to-find way for a certain question, use the Ctrl+F function.

Spoiler:- Questions asked in the Help Thread thus far:
    Last edited by bobandbill; 28th December 2008 at 6:18 AM. Reason: Added link + Questions & Answers posted in Help thread as of 28/12/08

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Well I have a question. I traded a Raikou from my FireRed to my LeafGreen. Now I want to get my LeafGreen Raikou, but the Pokédex says "Area Unknown".
    Do I have to see it once in LEAFGREEN? I though that having the Pokédex entry would be enough...
    Does this mean IT WON'T APPEAR?

(Yes, I chose Squirtle and I have the National Dex)

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by N_Shadow19 View Post
    Well I have a question. I traded a Raikou from my FireRed to my LeafGreen. Now I want to get my LeafGreen Raikou, but the Pokédex says "Area Unknown".
    Do I have to see it once in LEAFGREEN? I though that having the Pokédex entry would be enough...
    Does this mean IT WON'T APPEAR?

(Yes, I chose Squirtle and I have the National Dex)
    It probably roared ur azz away..in that case u won't be seen the freaking beast from that file anymore..

i have a question... In island seven i believe, there ia a house with an old lady, and in the house, there is a room blocked with boxes that said "you can feel a small breeze" or something like that whats in there?
    ]

Spoiler:- TRADES OFFER:

That's for using Battle-E-cards for battles, which are only available in the Japanese version due to the E-reader being discontinued in the rest of the world. So unless you have a Japanese game, you can't do anything.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I have a very stupid but useful question:
    If you give a pokemon a Full restore will he use it ?
    PIZZA: Pokemon IZ Zuper Awesome

PM for FC's

Which Johto Pokemon become available after acquiring the National Dex on Firered? And where are they located?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashdip View Post
    I have a very stupid but useful question:
    If you give a pokemon a Full restore will he use it ?
    It will not.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    Which Johto Pokemon become available after acquiring the National Dex on Firered? And where are they located?
    The available Pokemon are in the first post and locations are on the main site, so please read more carefully.
    Wooper, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, and Skarmory are available (not counting evolutions of other Pokemon).
    Wooper: Four Island, Icefall Cave, and Ruin Valley
    Murkrow: Lost Cave
    Qwilfish: Fish in Five Isle Meadow, Green Path, Memorial Pillar, Outcast Island, Resort Gorgeous, Tanoby Ruins, Trainer Tower, Water Labyrinth, and Water Path.
    Delibird: Icefall Cave
    Skarmory: Ruin Valley

When can I catch Entei/Suicune/Raikou? I can't seem to remember.. is it after you beat the Elite 4.. or is it after you beat the Elite 4 the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    The available Pokemon are in the first post and locations are on the main site, so please read more carefully.
    Wooper, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, and Skarmory are available (not counting evolutions of other Pokemon).
    Wooper: Four Island, Icefall Cave, and Ruin Valley
    Murkrow: Lost Cave
    Qwilfish: Fish in Five Isle Meadow, Green Path, Memorial Pillar, Outcast Island, Resort Gorgeous, Tanoby Ruins, Trainer Tower, Water Labyrinth, and Water Path.
    Delibird: Icefall Cave
    Skarmory: Ruin Valley
    Oh okay, thanks. Sorry for mis-reading.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Blurrz View Post
    When can I catch Entei/Suicune/Raikou? I can't seem to remember.. is it after you beat the Elite 4.. or is it after you beat the Elite 4 the second time?
    After you have the National Dex. Remember that they only appear on the Kanto mainland, not the Islands.

Alrighty, thanks for that Emerald. Another question to pass the time.. I can encounter the Dogs while surfing, correct?

One thing to note: Pokemon that are #152-386 can only be obtained once you receive the National Dex. You CANNOT trade a National Dex Pokemon from an FR/LG version that has the National Dex to a FR/LG version that doesn't have the National Dex. I TESTED IT!!!
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Blurrz, I don't think you can. I know you could find the Latis by Surfing, but somehow finding an Entei on the water doesn't seem feasible to me :P

Rush, I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    Blurrz, I don't think you can. I know you could find the Latis by Surfing, but somehow finding an Entei on the water doesn't seem feasible to me :P

Rush, I fixed it.
    Yes you can find entei on the water i found him twice so just do it.
    PIZZA: Pokemon IZ Zuper Awesome

PM for FC's

where can i get the item finder in leaf green?

/Apple/ /Lock/ /Lightbulb/ /Katon/

Current HGSS Team

Quote Originally Posted by sora247 View Post
    where can i get the item finder in leaf green?
    Professor Oak's aide in the building at the end of Route 11 will give it to you if you have 30+ Pokemon in your Pokedex. Please use the sources that I provided, as I found that answer within less than a minute using Gamefaqs.

N00by question: How do I get the national dex?
    The KKK took my bishie away...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostelle View Post
    N00by question: How do I get the national dex?
    Talk to Professor Oak when you have at least 60 pokemon captured.

You also have to have beaten the Elite Four first.

Alright, thanks guys.
    The KKK took my bishie away...

I have trained up a growlith to level 45.
    According to serebii when it gets to level 49 it will learn flamethrower.
    If i evolve it with the fire stone it will learn extremespeed as arcanine instead.

My question is If I train my growlith to level 49 and let it learn flamethrower, will it learn extremspeed if i evolve it at the same level?

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, it will if you evolve it at that level. You can also go to the Move Tutor and give him Tinymushrooms or a Big Mushroom to get him to re-teach the move to your Pokemon if it passes that level.

Thanks. Couldn't tell if that question made sense or not.
    Back to training then.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast