- If you give a pokemon a Full restore (or any other 'artificial' healing item), will it use it?
ANSWER: No, it will not.
- Which Johto Pokemon become available after acquiring the National Dex on Firered? And where are they located?
ANSWER: Link here.
- When can I catch Entei/Suicune/Raikou?
ANSWER: After you defeat the Elite Four and get the National Dex.
- Can I encounter any of the Dogs while surfing?
ANSWER: Apparently, you can. They can also be found on the Kanto mainlnad (but not the Sevii Islands).
- Where can I get the Item Finder?
ANSWER: Professor Oak's aide in the building at the end of Route 11 will give it to you if you have 30+ Pokemon in your Pokedex.
- How do I get the National Dex?
ANSWER: Talk to Professor Oak when you have captured 60 Pokemon or more for your pokedex, and defeat the Elite Four.
- If I evolve a Pokemon that learns two moves at a certain level, one in it's unevolved form and one in the evolved form - will it learn both?
ANSWER: Yes, it will.
- If I have a post-national dex pokemon that evolves into one of the Kanto Dex pokemon, will it evolve?
ANSWER: Yes, it will. Similar to how a Golbat can evolve into a Crobat without the National Dex.
- How do you unlock Celio's quest?
ANSWER: You have to get the National dex, and then talk to him.
- What's the deal with Altering Cave?
ANSWER: It is a feature that apprarently only works with Mystery Gift
events in Japan. (Link to post).
- Is it possible for me to SR for Nature/IVs for the roaming beasts?
ANSWER: No, as apparently the Nature and IVs are said to be set at the start of the game. Also, the Nature and most of the IVs are actually intentionally set to be very low (in the 0-3 range).
- I have FR/LG and on it, an Aurora Ticket from an event. Is there any way I can get it onto a Emerald so I can go to the Birth Island again?
ANSWER: Unfortunately no - the only exchangable event ticket is the Eon Ticket.
- Where Can I get the Exp. Share?
ANSWER: It's on the second floor of the guard house east of Fuschia. You have to have at least 50 Pokemon, and then the Aide will give it to you.
- Can the Snorlax be shiny?
ANSWER: Yes, it can; just like any other Pokemon.
- Where can I get VS. Seeker?
ANSWER: From a lady with blue hair in the Pokemon Center in Vermilion.
- Do natures in FR/LG have their added effects like they do in R/S/E and D/P? (E.g. would a Slugma with Flame Body next to an egg in my team make it hatch quicker?)
ANSWER: No, it doesn't. Natures do not have additional effects outside of battles in FR/LG.
- What's the chance for a Pokemon to be shiny? Is there any way for the chance to be different for any Pokemon/occassion.
ANSWER: The chance a Pokemon is shiny is 1 in 8192. Short of hacking, this is a constant - it will never be higher or lower for 3rd or 4th gen games.
- I have gotten one of the plates, but upon going to the dotted hole there was a scientist guy there saying 'Don't look so envious'. I only have one code to get into the warehouse. What do I do?
ANSWER: Go to the Ice Cave in the fourth Island. Get HM Waterfall, and use it to get through the waterfall into another section of Ice Cave. You'll have to beat the Rocket to get the second password. Then you can open the Warehouse.
- When is the earilest I can switch off the game after beating the Elite Four so this achievement has been automatically saved by the game?
ANSWER: At the start of the credits, it is safe to turn off.
- What are the movesets for Deoxys when you catch them?
ANSWER: Link to post (They differ from FR to LG).
- How do I get Grimer in Celedon City?
ANSWER: There is a small pond by a house in Celedon City (left of the Game Corner). Surf there, and you can encounter Grimer. (Rods do not work).
- How do I make catching Pokemon easier in the Safari Zone?
ANSWER: Simply, it's down to luck - you just have to hope that throwing rocks won't mae it run off, and the Safari Balls will catch it.
- Will Sweet Scent work on the roaming dogs?
ANSWER: Yes, it will.
- What is 'STAB'?
ANSWER: STAB stands for 'Same Type Attack Bonus'. Everytime a Pokemon uses an attack of its natural typing (for Articuno, for example, it'd be Ice or Flying), the damage is multiplied by 1.5.
- Can the Johto starters like Totodile, Cyndaquiil and Chikorita learn the ultimate move of each starter of kanto (Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant and Blast Burn)?
ANSWER: Only the Kanto starters can be taught those moves in FR/LG; Hoenn starters can't and Johto starters can only if they come from XD, or are taught it in a different game to FR/LG.
- Where is the Sludge Bomb TM?
ANSWER: In the Rocket Warehouse on Island 5.
- Where is the best place to make money in FR/LG?
ANSWER: Island 5 - Rebattle the Ladies by the Resort, and make us of the Amulet Coin. (Reportedly you get $20 000 per match from some).
- Where can I get more TinyMushrooms?
ANSWER: Paras are very often found on the "Landing" Levels of Mt Moon and hold TinyMushrooms. The small paths where there is black about it is the best place to search for them - they have a 100% chance of appearing there.
- Can you trade eggs?
ANSWER: Yes, but only after you have gotten the National Dex. If trading with Emerald, you also need the National Dex on Emerald as well.
- Where can I get the evolution stones?
ANSWER: Celedon Department Store sells them for $2100 each.
- Where can one get the Thunderbolt TM?
ANSWER: In FR/LG, one can only get it from the Game Corner.
- Why won't the man with the Togepi Egg give it to me?
ANSWER: You have to have your lead Pokemon with max. happiness. Also ensure you have a spare slot in your party.
- What moves are physical or Special in FR/LG?
ANSWER: Link to post.
- I saw a shiny Pokemon in the Trainer Tower. Is this normal?
ANSWER: Yes, it is. There are Pokemon that are shiny Pokemon in every FR/LG game in the Trainer Tower, such as an Espeon.
- How do I get/revive the fossils?
ANSWER: You get one in Mt. Moon (Helix or Dome), and the Old Amber from the Museum. (In the room you can only access if you use Cut in Pewter City). To revive, take them to the lab on Cinnabar Island.
- Is Lapras obtainable elsewhere than Ice Cave?
ANSWER: Yes - in Silph Co's building, a man will give you one.
- Where is Selphy from 'Resort Gorgeous'?
ANSWER: She is in Lost Cave. Link to more.
- Where can I find more Moonstones?
ANSWER: Link - general gist is there is a limited number, excluding them via hold items on wild Celefairy in Mt Moon.
- Where can I get the Amulet Coin?
ANSWER: In the building connecting Route 16 to Cycling Road - a Professor's Aide gives it to you.
- Can I clone Pokemon in FR/LG?
ANSWER: No, you cannot.
- For Lady Selphy, are her gifts unlimited, or is it one of each?
ANSWER: Her gifts are unlimited.
- Where is a good place to train Pokemon other than the Elite Four?
ANSWER: Rematches via the Vs. Seeker on the Sevii Islands or the Swimmers around Cinnabar Island, or Victory Road, tends to be the best places. If you only have lower levelled Pokemon, try in places where trainers have similarly-leveled Pokemon to you.
- What items do you get from the Trainer Tower?
ANSWER: Here is a list.
- Where is the TM Shadow Ball?
ANSWER: In the Celedon Game corner, for 4500 coins ($90 000 to buy said coins).
- Can you trade between PAL and US verions of FR/LG/Colosseum/Box?
ANSWER: Yes, you can.
- What's the most pokemon you can catch in FR without trading?
ANSWER: 181, 184 with events. Link to a list.
- Can you transfer Pokemon to D/P/Pt?
ANSWER: Yes, you can. You need however to have gotten the National Dex, beaten the Elite Four and activated Pal Park on D/P/Pt first though.