Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this one. -.-;; I only frickin' LOVED it...wish my friends who watched it with me had. :<
    Anyway, Giratina was...awesome...and I'm not just saying that because it's my favorite legendary. XD I found it to be really independent and wanting to do it's own job. Loved the part where it was dragging Dialga into the reverse world. XDDD ...And it had a cute voice in the reverse world. :3
    Zero was awesome...his character design and insane ideas were spot-on...however, he reminded me of the second movie's villian, just not as calm. ^^; I liked his point and plot, though. :3
    As for our twerps in question, I really didn't feel like they did much except pal around with Shaymin (who was reeeeeeaaally annoying. He reminded me and my group of friends of one of our rather annoying friends, and that killed it for us. D: )
    Overall, I really liked this movie a lot...and yes I think Dawn was goinga little overboard on the ice. And one more thing...I didn't like how Regigigas just...appeared out of no where. It really did feel like an advertising moment...it really had no place. D:

But yeah, liked this one regardless.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Please answer, is the regigigas from this movie from the Snowpoint Temple or is it a different one?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

A different one. Ash and co. are nowhere near Snowpoint Temple.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

So where does it take place?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Default Wow... Horrible..

Well, i loved the action in that movie, and i would always say "Best movie EVER!" But then i got thinking, did i just watch a whole bunch of nonsence? because i find that Shaymin's role was horrible, the reason why, is because all Shaymin wanted to do in that whole movie, was get to that Gracidea plant meadow or w/e... wow.. big woop.. But, they should have done something better, like Shaymin being tortured by Zero or something like in the Latias and Latios movie, what got me sad was that Regigigas just apparently walked off of his rocky chair, walked over to the iceberg, used superpower, and left... They didn't even get time to hang out with it like Pikachu and Shaymin did with Giratina, like playing on it's head, the only thing they mentioned about Regigigas was this: "Ash: It's... Regi...gigas..." Well, somewhat on that borderline. But i'm upset with this Movie, The plot was horrible because we've already seen that Scheem where the bad guy want's the Legendarie's power, like the Second movie, which is probably my Fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    The plot was horrible because we've already seen that Scheem where the bad guy want's the Legendarie's power, like the Second movie, which is probably my Fav.
    Jirarudan was out for Lugia's *beauty*, not its power. Vicious, on the other hand, wanted Celebi's power, and Phantom wanted Manaphy's (indirectly), and Butler wanted Jirachi's.

...huh. All of those were small cute things.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

So quick question... um what attacks were Giratina and shaymin using. Somebody fill me in please i just finished the movie today
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

>>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Jirarudan was out for Lugia's *beauty*, not its power. Vicious, on the other hand, wanted Celebi's power, and Phantom wanted Manaphy's (indirectly), and Butler wanted Jirachi's.

...huh. All of those were small cute things.
    Except Lugia, neither small or cute. Big and Awesome though. And here I thought he wanted to add Lugia to his "collection".

Quote Originally Posted by Jonessodaco.Chris View Post
    So quick question... um what attacks were Giratina and shaymin using. Somebody fill me in please i just finished the movie today
    Shaymin:
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seed Flare
    - Energy Ball
    - Substitute

Giratina: (taking a guess here)
    - Shadow Force (minus the actual "force")
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Claw (I suppose what it does in it's Origin Forme makes sense to some degree)
    - Ancient Power?? (Can't be Hyper Beam, or Giga Impact. It's probably Hyper Beam in ball form)

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Yeah, but I wonder how Giratina would use that attack with its anatomy.
    Considering how it's wings work (with those red spike things), it could potentially use it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Dawn is stupid, she probably didn't even stop to consider that Zero was still in it. I'm just glad that I saw the end credits, because otherwise I would have thought that he died xD
    Come on, did you honestly think Zero would have been killed in that fashion? I think not! It's just ice, I'm sure the ship is insulated in some fashion.

I guess we can all agree that Dialga is the douchebag of the pokémon series here.
    Yep, what a bully. First he attacks the innocent Palkia, who did nothing (Palkia was just defending it's rule), and then gets attacked by Giratina who's home was being defiled by the attacks from Dialga and Palkia. Way to go!

Wonder if Palkia will help fix whatever damages it makes in the next movie?
    Considering it has a debt to pay to Giratina, I'd imagine so.

So judging from this movie and the last one:

Palkia: Good Samaritan.

Dialga: Douchebag.

Giratina: Innocent bystander, I think.
    Sort of...

Palkia: Civilian

Dialga: Terrorist

Giratina: Counter-Terrorist

Palkia gets attacked by Dialga, and Giratina attacks Dialga who was feuding with Palkia who defiled Giratina's home.

That about sums it up.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Ah Dialga's a tool lol

I enjoyed the movie and i didn't good animation but i feel the story just kind of dragged out

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

I liked the movie. I admit, it was the same old thing, but I stil really enjoyed it. Shaymin was so cute!!! I now have a new favorite pokemon. I thought Shaymins attitude was annoying, but cute. It was cool that it was different. I wasn't expecting her to talk at all.

I got a Shaymin at an event, and now I wish it could talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Except Lugia, neither small or cute. Big and Awesome though. And here I thought he wanted to add Lugia to his "collection".
    The ones sought for their power are the small cute ones. And yes, he wanted Lugia to be the crown gem in his collection, but not for its power.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

It might be because I hated Rise of Darkrai, but Giratina and the Sky Warrior was actually well done for the most part. The villain and Shaymin ofcourse were mediocre but a certain something about the film just felt very good. The plot moved very well and shows some continuity with the last flick for once. I cringed when Dawn said "remember to wash your hands". Its like the dubbing company is ran by soccer moms....

Regigigas was half assed. Nice ending song on Crystal Kay's part.

lol, I never noticed before that while they're eating at the beginning, Pachirisu and Gliscor are told off.

(Offscreen)
    Brock: "Ok everybody, calm down now"
    Dawn: "No shoving, Pachirisu!"
    Ash: "Gliscor! Don't push Chimchar!"

dunno why, but it made me giggle.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Oh for the love of...Regigigas got totally screwed over in this movie. Now I have to wait for its next appearance...if it ever gets one, to see it do anything.

Not all that memorable a movie to me. The soundtrack was a lot more dull for some reason, and the movie definitely dragged at parts.

Pretty average.
    I didn't think so... there were many pieces of music that I liked. But that's just me. Actually, this movie is one of my favories in terms of BGM. (And I'm thinking Japanese BGM, so I don't know where the first three movies would rank because I don't know all of the pieces of music from those movies.)

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

Yeah, I will agree that the BGM was good. The only thing was that there was no one particular piece that stood out from amonst them all, like "Oracion" or "Aaron's Theme".

Now being reposted!

IMO GSW wasn't as good as Rise of Darkrai (due to some personal preferences).

It looked as if they threw in Regigigas as a plot convenience rather than anything really important; after all, all it did was push the glacier...

The plot itself was good, but not deep, especially since Shaymin hogged too much screentime.

Zero and his aircraft were badass, and to be honest, I'd have preferred it if he won the battle and killed Ash and co :X, and Shaymin sucked.
    Star Wars fan? Check this out!
        Spoiler:- Rant:

Ok, I do like grammar... but not enough to put others down for it. Sorry if my German sucks.

If you think Dawn is a sl-t, don't copy and paste THIS into your sig. (started by yours truly) jk

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokéman09
    The plot itself was good, but not deep, especially since Shaymin hogged too much screentime.
    Shaymin's the star of the movie, the "sky warrior" in the title. (I wish that the dub title had Shaymin's name in it, because that would make it more clear that it's supposed to have a big role in the movie. Also, Giratina's name in the dub title logo is huge compared to the rest of the logo, where the "Boquet of the Sky" name for Shaymin is the biggest part of the Japanese logo (even though Shaymin's name itself is smaller). Things like that give people a different impression on who's the star of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Yeah, I will agree that the BGM was good. The only thing was that there was no one particular piece that stood out from amonst them all, like "Oracion" or "Aaron's Theme".
    I thought the title music stood out (even though variations of it were used in the actual movie)...

Overall I would give this movie 6/10, which is not bad at all for a Poke'mon movie, since there have been 11 of them and they are aimed at kids. I like the whole Giratina thing, he was an awesome kind of anti-hero and looks really bad ***. Shaymin wasn't so good, cute at the beginning of the movie, I thought I was going to like her, but then they gave her the worlds most annoying voice. It got worse when she turned into sky forme, she had a more annoying voice and now looked stupid. I am still wondering who came up with the lame idea of Poke'mon saying their names, it doesn't make sense and its annoying. I like how Team Rocket weren't in it much, they were good in the small doses they came in. Zero was cool enough, although we have seen a big flying metal thing in Poke'mon 2000. I did like the Regigiggas cameo, it didn't need to be explained, it was just a neat little extra to see him there.
    FC: 4081-7324-3002

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

I saw the dubbed version. The movie was pretty good but after regigigas came out from behind that mountain the movie was just slowly getting more and more ridiculous. I actually laughed when he came out with 100 or so Mamoswine. Oh well, it was still a pretty good movie.

The problem I have with the Regigigas thing is that there wasn't any foreshadowing to its appearance. Regigigas appearing is also completely random for anyone non-familliar with Pokemon watching the movie. At least fans are more likely to see, "Oh, that legendary Pokemon Regigigas is making an appearance." They're more likely to be excited to see Regigigas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I thought the title music stood out (even though variations of it were used in the actual movie)...
    I will agree that that piece stood out some. Then there was some kinda metal piece during one of Zero's scenes that I liked. Even then, nothing really was at the level of "Oracion" or "Aaron's Theme."

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    I will agree that that piece stood out some. Then there was some kinda metal piece during one of Zero's scenes that I liked. Even then, nothing really was at the level of "Oracion" or "Aaron's Theme."
    When does "Aaron's Theme" play? I have the movie, so I can find it if I know the scene.

In any case, I liked the title theme more than "Oracion", but I don't like "Oracion" as much as other people here do.

I really liked the movie, and can't wait til they show it again or I've got some extra cash for the DVD or something, because I really want to watch it again.

Giratina was awesome. The part where it was dragging Dialga into Reverse World amused me. Especially since Dialga deserved it. *lol* (Then again, Giratina's my favourite Pokemon now so I may be a bit biased...) Shaymin amused me. Such cuteness. Such an attitude. And it thought Giratina wanted to eat it, lol.

Liked the new human characters too; Zero was one of the better antagonists they've had in a movie and Newton was just cool.

Wish they would've had more of Regigigas though, and more Team Rocket. Other than that no real complaints.

lol i loved shaymin "Aren't you grateful?" and when it was on Ash's head hilarious

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

Default Me newbie. Newbie want pie

I have to say I recorded it when it premiered on cartoon network and I've watched it so many times i know it from top to bottom. and it's pretty sweet.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast