Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The Visitor of the Space Fissure (Deoxys) was totally a better movie than this.
    I'm officially scared. I consider Destiny Deoxys to be the worst.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I'm officially scared. I consider Destiny Deoxys to be the worst.
    Well, your silver lining is that it's not a unanimous take (unlike Deoxys which was dashed across the board), as by looking at this site and others, nobody seems to have disliked it anywhere close to the extent I have. Heck, Dogasu thinks it's the best movie in a while...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

After finally being able to watch the movie, all I can say is that I enjoyed it, even without the usual movie-subtitles I am waiting for each Christmas.

Why? Well, I thought the plot was easy enough to understand even without the subtitles besides some of Shaymin´s and Satoshi´s little fights.

The movie did one thing right: Cramming Teddiusa in every scene possible.

World of Pokémon? Check! ( 2 times in 2 different scenes! YEAH!!)
    Random Pokémon in a train? Check!!
    Watching the last third of the movie doing nothing? Check!!!

If the movie only had a little, tiiiiiiny bit of Whiscash or Medicham...but...oh well, at least some sweet Teddi-non-action.

What? there was a plot and other characters besides those Ursas? You gotta be kidding!
    Well, I liked Zero as a Villain. Sure, he may be a cliché, sure he may be a bit generic, but I liked his batshit insane face during the last half of the movie. He did a lot generic evil stuff, but I think some real evil villain is a nice diversion after so many movies without a character like him. Lawrence III was like him, but I think he was Lawrence III done better. Vicious was the last true, sinister villain so I have nothing against Zero.

Shaymin is a cute little Pokémon and I like its Sky-Forme as well as its overall personality. I will comment more on it after I watched the sub though.

I REALLY wish that Glion and Pachirisu had done anything...even the piggy sock-puppet had its 5 minutes of glory...

Mukubird having a big part for a Pokémon that isn´t Pikachu or Pochama is a plus as well.

All in all I would rank the movie right next to Movie 5 which I also enjoyed very much. Looking forward to next years Christmas for the finale of the movie trilogy.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I really liked the setting of the movie because I was in Norway a few weeks ago to visit a friend ^^ After Neuschwanstein and Venice another movie location I acutally visited. HA! Europe is great and you know it ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

TLDR VERSION:
    This movie sucked. No real action, the plot sucked, the soundtrack sucked and Zero was a big disappointment.

----

This movie wasn't good at all. In fact, it was just a really big disappointment.

I expected so much more out of this movie based on what I've seen in the trailers.

- I thought Zero would be a really nasty and fierce antagonist. Instead, he appears to be rather weak and gives up way too easily.

- Takeshi getting even more shafted then in the previous 10 movies. Quote directly from the movie: "Left behind again". Oh, you're so right Takeshi.

- Pochama. Most of its scenes was just "I AM MASCOT. BUY ME". Yes, annoying as hell.

- A really, really weak soundtrack. I mean, movie 10 was also quite bad in the music department but it did at least have some memorable tracks (oracion). I cannot think of even one piece in this movie that I'd deem as good and memorable.

- No real action and intensity, except for that sequence in the beginning. Guess the weak soundtrack adds to it as well.

- An overall boring/weak/sucky plot.

This movie goes to the very bottom of my personal list. Both movie 4 and 7 were better, sadly. Now I'm just longing for movie number 13 since I'm so fed up with all these legendary vs legendary plots that has been an on-going-trend in the D/P movies.

^I agree with your post. I was really disappointed after I watched this movie. The only saving grace was Giratina and its origin forme. The action sucked! I was hoping for more but I guess they were limited to any fight scenes as it was mainly Giratina VS that dumb space ship? I wanted to see more Dialga VS Giratina!! I really liked the ending spoiler where that man said Giratina was going after Dialga. Man I can't wait for the next movie! No more Pokemon VS Spaceship this time around. It's going to be a no bars showdown between the 4 legendaries.

I've been looking for the movie on YouTube since August. It was only today that I finally found it. I just got finished watching it. It's much funnier than you think.

According to the English subs, Shaymin believes that Giratina wants to eat it. How absurd!

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

It was pretty big over here. I bought it and I thought it was okay. The next movie should be better. I liked Infi's design.
    Shaymin got a bit on my nerves during the film. I would have liked it better if it didn't talk like a jerbag so much.
    Ash's Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by pikalax View Post
    According to the English subs, Shaymin believes that Giratina wants to eat it. How absurd!
    Well, considering the size differential and Shaymin's uncanny likeness to a salad, I wouldn't consider that so absurd.

Now being reposted!

This movie was pretty good.
    I think it was actually better than the previous one.
    I'm praying that it'll be released in the UK like Darkrai did.

<3 Shaymin (though it did talk crap for some of the time) and Giratina. I still think Regigigas was rather pointless overall.

Zero was great and I adored some of the scary and insane facial expressions he gave out! ^.^

Can't wait for the final installment of the trilogy!
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

I just finished watching the subbed version, and I must say it is defenetly a big improvement from the last movie.
    Shaymin is officialy my favorite anime pokemon. I loved his/her (Sorry, I honestly can't tell its gender) attitude toward ash. And its affection towared Dawn.
    One thing I wish they did, made this movie more focused on Dawn (similar to Temple of the sea).
    Now, The one thing that really mad me mad about this movie is Regigigas. He came out of Frieken NOWHERE!!! I really wished they gave him a proper role in this movie.
    But aside from a few flaws (and one BIG flaw), this movie still gets an 8/10 in my eyes.
    Current Pearl team~
    Inferno Lv. 21 Talon Lv. 21 Chuck Lv. 21
    Pikachu Lv. 20

I watched it today, with English subs and I really enjoyed it.
    Shaymin Land Forme <3, especially when it sneezes at the start of the movie.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

The movie in my eyes was not really that exciting, it felt predictable and bland with the Cliche that most pokemon movies share. with the Ash-and-co-meet-a-Legendary-and-then-things-go-wrong.
    I also felt Disappointed the Regigigas was only a minor Character around the end, even though he was hyped in the trailers.
    but Ill admit that Syamins Cute yet some-what smartass personality with ash is Amusing.
    Last edited by Ninterror X; 4th January 2009 at 6:46 PM.
    Under Construction

So I finally bothered to watch this a couple days ago(and am just now writing this review thanks to the power of insomnia!), and I have to say this was a pretty good movie overall. Shaymin really made the movie for me - everyone loves an adorable Pokemon acting like a jerk, and everyone loves seeing Ash being abused. It's win-win!

It might just be me, but the Pokemon cries in the movie were unusually awesome this time around; Giratina's cry was unique in a good way, and I definitely dug Magnezone's JibubububBUHBUHBUHBUH, but REG. I. GI. GA. SU. definitely stole the show near at the end.

The animation was smooth as usual; the animators have really gotten better at using CGI without it sticking out like a sore thumb(unlike many movies past). Now if only we could get animation this great in the tv episodes. :P

The music, on the other hand...not that spectacular. It wasn't actively bad, but it's nothing I'd really go out of my way to listen to. Granted, Pokemon movie scores tend to be like that for me anyway, but my hopes had gotten up a bit after seeing some striking pieces in the Darkrai movie's soundtrack. I will admit that ONE is catchier than it really should be, and its lyrics fit the movie quite well what with all the talk of gratitude and flower petals and...

The human Characters Of The Movie were a mixed bag; Mugen felt like a living plot device at times, and when he wasn't busy doing suspiciously convenient things for AshnCo, he was a pretty generic weirdo scientist type. Zero, on the other hand...was a generic crazy wants to destroy/rule the world type, but he was played well enough that he turned out awesome anyway. To be honest, it's nice enough having a real antagonist in a movie who's not just misunderstood/misguided/a force of nature/etc.

Of course, the main Character of the Movie was Shaymin, who as I said before, was great. It seems that exploding whenever you happen upon some air pollution would be rather inconvenient, though. I do kinda wonder why it didn't just, you know, fly to the flower field after it first got into Sky Form, but then a)we wouldn't have as much of a movie and b)it probably wanted to still hang around with AshnCo and it wasn't in *that* much of a hurry. Or maybe it thought some bird would eat it if it tried flying around alone.

I have to say Giratina had a lot of personality for a Big Major Legendary Pokemon as well; sure, it had the usual YOU CANNOT FLEE FOR I WILL KILL YOU FIRST attitude towards Dialga at the beginning of the movie that you'd expect from a Big Legendary, but later on you get the feeling that it really doesn't want to wreck anyone's **** that badly, it just wants to keep its home nice and toxic cloud free. Watching it help Ash & Shaymin deal with Zero near the end was particularly cool, even if all it could do at that point was stop Zero's ship from going anywhere by coiling around it. Add that to its goofy smile after Shaymin healed it with Aromatherapy and it letting Ash ride around with it once Zero was dealt with, and I have to say I'm impressed that the writers managed to make a Big Legendary that doesn't mindlessly attack things before being pacified and heading back to whence it came.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I finally found this on Youtube and decided to watch.

I really enjoyed this movie. Shaymin was just the cutest little thing, with all the Ash abuse, it makes the movie. I'm a bit dissapointed that the only attack Shaymin uses is Energy Ball. (Or was the big, green light Seed Flare?) Nonetheless Shaymin is my favorite legend now. ^^

Zero is a interesting character (though it takes him forever to really start doing anything), his endless army of Mangimite, Mangnaton, and Magnazone were the source of most of the action and very entertaining while attacking the train. But what exactly did Zero want with Giratina? Drain it's energy?

Regigigas did more than I though it would, but that isn't saying much.

The animation is nice and crisp, and I found the world breath-takingly beautiful. Dawn seemed... oddly drawn to me though. Sometimes her head looked misshapened.

Overall, this was a excellent Pokemon Movie, that meets most of my expections (which weren't very high after reading the summeries)
    9/10
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Shaymin knew Seed Flare, that was a main plot point. It also used Substitute and Aromatherapy, to heal Giratina.

I believe that's the moveset the movie promo one has.

Do you think that the movie hinted at a 5th generation? During the movie, it says: "100? 200? 300? 400? No one knows how many varieties there are". Not saying that it is, just being optimistic. You decide.
    3DS FC: 2595-0945-5684
    Name: Blake
    Game: Pokemon Y

"Lift up your eyes discouraged one"
    -MMF

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic15 View Post
    I just finished watching the subbed version, and I must say it is defenetly a big improvement from the last movie.
    Shaymin is officialy my favorite anime pokemon. I loved his/her (Sorry, I honestly can't tell its gender) attitude toward ash. And its affection towared Dawn.
    One thing I wish they did, made this movie more focused on Dawn (similar to Temple of the sea).
    Now, The one thing that really mad me mad about this movie is Regigigas. He came out of Frieken NOWHERE!!! I really wished they gave him a proper role in this movie.
    But aside from a few flaws (and one BIG flaw), this movie still gets an 8/10 in my eyes.
    anything with even a small amount of creativity and though would be a major improvement over movie 10. it was all mindless fight scenes and oh whats this we have to find a way to stop the fighting? hmm lets think about this or not maybe instead of thinking we should just reuse the movie 2 solution and not explain whats happening in the movie because every one just cares about the violence we don't really have to have a plot or explanation as long as we throw beams of light around.

edit but from the others post it doesn't seem like this ones any better oh i'll still get it and i'll probably enjoy the ash shaymin moments but other then that i am not expecting to much. seems weird that d/p is the best season of anime so far and all we have to go with it a crappy movies with zero plot. hmm maybe they used all of their quota on the anime seriously the best thing about these movies is the spoilers for the anime posters that come out.
    Last edited by magicallypuzzled; 15th January 2009 at 6:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    anything with even a small amount of creativity and though would be a major improvement over movie 10. it was all mindless fight scenes and oh whats this we have to find a way to stop the fighting? hmm lets think about this or not maybe instead of thinking we should just reuse the movie 2 solution and not explain whats happening in the movie because every one just cares about the violence we don't really have to have a plot or explanation as long as we throw beams of light around.

edit but from the others post it doesn't seem like this ones any better oh i'll still get it and i'll probably enjoy the ash shaymin moments but other then that i am not expecting to much. seems weird that d/p is the best season of anime so far and all we have to go with it a crappy movies with zero plot. hmm maybe they used all of their quota on the anime seriously the best thing about these movies is the spoilers for the anime posters that come out.
    I dont get it, in my opinion Movie 10 and 11 were great. I have seen all 11 Movies and so far this is my favourite(it makes me more excited for Movie 12) and most people agree DP have the best movies so far. They do have a plot with Dialga and Palkia's fight causing Giratina to get angrey and Zero to control the Reverse World.

Also someones post above Giratina did attack Dialga for a reason(Dialga's fight with Palkia caused pollution) and there is more point to the Movies besides fighting.

Its kinda like some people dont even know anything about Movie 10 and 11 besides the Pokemon?

yeah i haven't watch movie 11 yet and i really shouldn't judge a movie by hear say. but seeing as how movie ten really didn't explain the dialga palkia battle which was the main event that just kind of happened. and i won't be able to watch the second movie in the series for several months the fact that people are saying it's not explained there either really annoys me. from the impression i get the only thing that ties the events of the two movies together (which is supose to be a series) is a couple minutes of dialga other then that the movies might as well be unrelated. i really hope this is wrong

I'm actually really looking forward to this movie. Another thing, if they did what they did in Movie 10, we could hear the season 12 English Opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Ash View Post
    I'm actually really looking forward to this movie. Another thing, if they did what they did in Movie 10, we could hear the season 12 English Opening.
    Hate to burst your bubble but there's no opening song for this movie.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

What do you think? That the visuals in this picture (based on all the trailers I've seen) are leaps ahead of the 10'th movie? The character animation (for an anime) is better here than it was in the 10'th , which seemed more like a special effects movie-no offense.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Well, it's already been a couple of days since viewing it and well, I gotta say I did enjoy this one a bit more than RoD. The lack of opening song was disappointing (even mildly misleading, especially when the subbed version I got mentioned "Karaoke" in the title credits... turned out to be the end credits karaoke. Glad there wasn't 5 different languages like in movie 10, that was just odd.).

So, Shaymin's the little diva who apparently thinks it can anything it wants because it's the "grateful" Pokemon. Well, everyone except Ash seems to think that. On that note, Seed Flare is awesome... yet sadly looks better than ingame. Then again, I suppose I should have expected that to some degree.

Giratina. Okay, first thing I noticed... it's huge. I mean, when it first pulls Dialga into it's world for "polluting" it, I wasn't expecting anything major here. Then I actually see Giratina. Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be that big.

So, it seems they've incorporated multiple elements of the Reverse world from the game's here. Thankfully, it's going to be tons easier to navigate ingame than it was here (but that's usually the case anyways, right.). Newton (as it's been revealed to be his English name) gives plenty of information where needed, so that was good to see. And... what's this? Both Ash and Dawn seem to remember the events of a previous movie? Is this even possible? Joking aside, I was glad to see a reference to that one (I mean, this is a trilogy afterall) was made.

Zero's introduction was okay, though I laugh at how Infi's portrayed as an actual character, when it's really the ship's A.I. (albeit, the ship seemed bigger when it concealed in the clouds. Oh, and it actually looked feasible this time. Yes Lawrence III, I'm thinking of your "super slow props trick" ship. This thing is using some "anti-gravity" to keep it up, which seems reasonable). Anyhow, his appearance to the group wasn't menacing, just sort of... passive. Granted, Ash and co. sort of know how to handle his sort by now.

Really, this movie had a decent amount of explanation to keep people out of the dark. Giratina was freakin' epic (but I'm still unsure as to what it was using as attacks... though, I think one of them might have been a non-damaging version of "Shadow Force". That is when it disappears.), Shaymin eventually changed it's personality to be more "grateful" towards others (instead of vice-versa). Regigigas, though not having much screentime, did have more than Kyogre (I didn't bother checking, but I'll be optimistic here). Zero started off clever, became a bit more menacing, and eventually went nuts (love how he gets "iced" in the end). Decent backstory for both Newton and Zero (something we don't often in these movies. Except for RoD, which had a few moments).

Overall, can't wait for the English version to show up. More importantly, can't wait till Platinum!

I'll give a more in-depth review once I see it English.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Goodevening everyone,

So this weekend I watched the movie, that is why I made "Do you feel anything by pokémon" thread...I must say, it is just an very good movie Music is good to:P

I have to say, the connection with the last movie, the awesome sky form japanese telepathy talk of Shaymin is just so cute, I love it (Yeah genderless so:xD...Must say, wish I could get it:xD: To bad is latias the only legend I ever got (Lucky she's my most favorite, but after here shaymin comes)....:xD:

So for those who didn't watched yet, watch the japanese subbed version first...Because maybe USA make it a bit different from the origin:xD:

So they going to show this on CN at Feb. 15th? That's actually not that long for me at all. My only problem is that it's a Sunday; if I have a late dinner, I'll wind up missing a portion of this.

Still, once the time comes, I'll be ready, with rifles, sub-machine guns, shotguns, miniguns, rocket launchers, the whole nine yards... that is, if the anticipation doesn't kill me first...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast