Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Houndour View Post
    And, I was annoyed at how rude and snobby Shaymin was at the beginning of the movie. Especially towards Ash. :/
    I personally thought he was absolutely adorable. :3
    I really didn't like Shaymin much in it's fly form, but he was still cute. :3
    His voice in fly-form did kinda remind me of Tails as well. D: Maybe that's why I didn't like it much ..but probably because it just looked and seemed much more cuter normal. 8D

I liked the movie. I thought that reverse world was intense. Like I wish I was there while watching it. It just looked and I could actually kinda feel how cool it looked and felt to the characters.

And I loved when Shaymin would turn Ash's head to the right side, then the left side, very quickly while trying to figure out which way to go. "THIS WAY...NO THIS WAY!" xD

(: Nice movie.
    Last edited by Mandi.; 14th February 2009 at 3:13 AM.

Well, it's time. For my review. And for the first time while watching a Pokemon movie, I took notes. The only awkward moment was my dad coming in and finding me watching it, since he's always been telling me to grow up.

First off, the voices. I loved the voice that Zero had. I know the guy they cast is fairly unknown, but I'm sure we'll probably be seeing his name again. And then there's Shaymin. I did like the voice. The more cutsy voice fit Shaymin in her regular form and I actually did like the fact that her voice did change with form.

Now it's time for the movie. Shaymin was very sassy in this movie, which I liked. Especially when it came to Ash:

Ash: Why do you always get on my head when we run?
    Shaymin: So we'll be eaten together!

Such lines between Ash and Shaymin littered this movie and made it quite fun at times. I love how Shaymin called Newton a weirdo constantly. Well, what else do you call a guy that spends much of his time in a Reverse World. And the pancake scene was great, biting Piplup on the flipper, then blowing up when she knocks over the grill.

Speaking of weirdos, Zero turned out to be an awesome villain. Dude starts destroying the world he's trying to save. I'd call that counterproductive. But the dude was determined to succeed. And the ending for him was good. He's just kinda like, "Well, didn't work this time."

The Reverse World was quite cool. The gravity effects were fun to watch, especially when Piplup tries to fly. Speaking of which, Piplup tries pretty damn hard to fly, ignoring the fact that penguins are flightless birds. That was entertaining.

Artwise, this movie is up there with some of the most recent ones as one of the best done art jobs. As for the music, it was pretty good this time around. There wasn't a particular piece that was memorable like Oracion in the last movie. However, the music overall was solid.

All things considered, this turned out to be a good movie. I might hazard as to say this was a little better overall than Rise of Darkrai.

BTW, did anyone start thinking Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer when the Shaymin took off at the end?

Now being reposted!

I'm disappointed of myself I only caught the last five minutes of the movie, but even judging by what I saw, it looks pretty fantastic.

While Ash was riding down into the valley in the Giratina, he yelled to his company:
    "Hello, down there!"
    For some reason, I can't quite get this out of my head as an exclamation Ash would/should never say.

And yes, Shaymin's voice was pretty cute.
    Last edited by Atari; 14th February 2009 at 3:37 AM.

I found Shaymin's personality utterly amusing. XD It wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by >Entei< View Post
    I loved it when Shaymin said that since it was on Ash's head, both of them would be eaten by Giratina.
    Lol, oh yeah, I remember that part. That got me laughing to death. Even though Shaymin was being rude, it was funny.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Just got through watching the movie on my DVR. (I had it recording while I was out) At first, it had started out slow but definitely picked up in the middle and the end. This was a pretty good movie. Much better than Pokemon: Temple of the Sea.

A few random thoughts:

-I was surprised about Shaymin speaking. I thought it was gonna be like Celebi. And it was speaking real english. Not baby talking (Manaphy), or saying two/three words at a time (Darkrai) or sounding all serious (Mewtwo/Lugia). I mean REAL english. All the sassiness and the little quirky things it was saying.

-I liked Giratina. At first I thought it was gonna be in its alternate form throughout the whole movie until it went to the real world. I was rooting for it when it was hurt. It turned out to be one of the good guys. Makes me wonder how it'll be like in the next movie.

-And Dialga? Damn! I thought it would be throughout the whole movie, but it was only in the beginning. It escaped from Giratina and left and that was it. WTF?

-The movie was coming to the end, and that's when I was thinking: Wait a minute, wasn't Regigigas gonna be in this? But then I saw it. I thought it was gonna get a little bit more screen time too but turns out I was wrong about that too.

-Speaking of screen time, Team Rocket was sure downplayed in this one. I think this was their worse lack of screen time in a movie yet. Brock didn't see much screen time either. I LOL'd when he said after Ash and the gang left him: "I'm starting to see a pattern."

- I also liked the continuality. When Newton was talking to Ash and Dawn about seeing Dialga and Palkia battling from the reverse world and they ACTUALLY remembered that happening. Sometimes I wish the anime would do that.

All in all, it was a good movie. Definitely getting it on DVD. 85/100
    Last edited by G4Pokefan; 14th February 2009 at 4:15 AM.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Wow, this had to be one of greatest Pokemon films ever. The voices, the plot, the animation, the environments. Simply outstanding. I can't wait for the DVD. The dub did an incredible job.

Zero's VA was particularly amazing.
    And I loved Shaymin's voice! At first I was worried about how it would sound compared to the Japanese version, but it's so cute! It's sassy personality completed it.
    And of course we have... REGI-GI-GA-SU!

Quote Originally Posted by DanChimchar View Post
    Just a question when they played the song one in Jap what song did they play for the english dub? Was it one english Dub or was it the season 12 theme song?
    You mean the credits? The credits were cut out of the broadcast. (the credit song anyway). The score was entirely kept.
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 14th February 2009 at 4:16 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post

Zero's VA was particularly amazing.
    And I loved Shaymin's voice! At first I was worried about how it would sound compared to the Japanese version, but it's so cute! It's sassy personality completed it.
    And of course we have... REGI-GI-GA-SU!
    What's more incredible about Zero's VA was that I think that it was his first time doing something like this. The guy's name is either Parker Anderson or Daniel Jenkins (not sure which is the guy's actual name). Apparently, he has done stuff on Broadway as part of Wicked and Mary Poppins

You mean the credits? The credits were cut out of the broadcast. (the credit song anyway). The score was entirely kept.
    The credits song is different. It is called "This is a Beautiful World". However, I don't know who sang it. I'll have to check the credits again.
    Last edited by PokemonHero; 14th February 2009 at 4:24 AM.

Now being reposted!

i get the dvd for the very same reason i got the last two the end credits song or songs really wish cn would play them

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    BTW, did anyone start thinking Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer when the Shaymin took off at the end?
    Actually, now that you think about it, yes. I was suprised to see more than one Shaymin at all. But it was still cool.

This was in fact a really good movie to watch. I can't wait to see it again Sunday.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

i really like shaymin's voice in the english dub its adorable and makes it look cuter than ever now i really want a shaymin
    Pokemon Diamond
    Name: Nestor
    Code:I got a new one

Future Pokemon Black Team:;6;

good movie... loved the way shaymin acted made some good moments... what made me laugh was the part with Brock...

"I'm sensing a pattern" *head lowers*

poor Brock never gets to do anything cool in the movies lol

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

My favorite pokemon movie, i dont care this is my favorite one.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Actually, now that you think about it, yes. I was suprised to see more than one Shaymin at all. But it was still cool.

This was in fact a really good movie to watch. I can't wait to see it again Sunday.
    And on Wednesday. Can't forget about that.

I really like the fact that Cartoon Network is airing this movie three times on separate nights, rather than just once (Rise of Darkrai) or twice in the same night (Temple of the Sea). Gives them the opportunity get more viewers overall. Though I would have to think they got some pretty good ratings tonight. Wasn't all that much on TV to compete with.

Now being reposted!

I just got finished watching the movie on CN. Shaymin was a lot different than I expected, but it was adorable, nonetheless.

@PokemonHero

yes, it started to get in my head. XD

Now, Shaymin sounds cute. I think this had to have been an extravagant film for the series. Mother also commented how I could become a film maker like them someday and also said "poor animals" when the shipped crashed.

another thing I like to say "It's trying to eat me" quote was hilarious, even with the whole "It's that way, no this way!" with Ash and Shaymin pairing. Zero was win for sure because he is what every villain should be. Also, Dawn sounded off sync during the lines "Stop it right now!" right?

I've also noticed that Shaymin's squeal was a little less high pitch rather than the japanese version. And Brock, I laughed how "I don't think that's what you want" when Shaymin said "It's trying to eat me too!" comment at Zero.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 14th February 2009 at 4:39 AM. Reason: more details

I liked how Shaymin's personality changed between its land forme and sky forme.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I only had three main problems about this movie after watching it on CN:

1. Zero's could've been a lot better (I wanted him to sound more like Viral from Gurren Lagann)
    2. I was expecting an epic battle between Giratina and Shaymin, but that didn't really happen
    3. Why did the writers gave Giratina Mothra's roar?! It didn't suit Giratina at all, and I sense a lawsuit from Toho on the way.

Overall, the movie was pretty good thanks to Shaymin, which thus made me suggest it for SSB4.

I really enjoyed watching the movie. Shaymin's land forme voice was cute and it's sky forme voice fit it perfectly! I thought it was funny when Brock said "Im starting to sense a pattern here..." *hangs head down in depression* lol. He's starting to finally feel left out of being the hero. Poor brock. I also can't wait to watch it on Sunday and i cant wait to see it on dvd when it's released in America!

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post

-Speaking of screen time, Team Rocket was sure downplayed in this one. I think this was their worse lack of screen time in a movie yet. Brock didn't see much screen time either.
    I agree. It's certainly disappointing to see that Team Rocket got less time in this. And Brock too. But Brock got more air time than Team Rocket did.
    To be honest, the only movie where TR got the most air time was the one with Latios and Latias. But they got a lot of air time in the third movie with Lugia too.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    what made me laugh was the part with Brock...

That was my favorite part of the whole movie. I felt sorry for Brock. But, it was a funny part. I couldn't help but laugh when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    3. Why did the writers gave Giratina Mothra's roar?! It didn't suit Giratina at all
    I noticed that too. Me being a HUGE Oldschool Godzilla fan.
    It didn't sound right for Giritina at all. They should of used a different roar.
    And not to mention, it's kinda a dissapointment that they used Mothra's roar.
    Last edited by Houndour; 14th February 2009 at 5:00 AM.

I missed almost an Hour of It (watching it right now) At least I saw the Pictures oh well)
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    good movie... loved the way shaymin acted made some good moments... what made me laugh was the part with Brock...

yeah I laughed at that part too. But I do wish Brock had a bigger role in it all.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

yeah i do to that part was funny.
    looking for shiny scizor jolteon charizard poliwrath spiritomb beedrill garchomp tauros armaldo arcanine donphan sableye marowak drapion or any dragon-type pokemon and any pre evolutions of the listed pokemon private message me with pokemon offers i need it 4th gen
    fc for ss 1807 8329 4919

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    The credits song is different. It is called "This is a Beautiful World". However, I don't know who sang it. I'll have to check the credits again.
    I'd like to know too. I tried enhancing the picture (basically, I captured the SD video, took the 28 frames you can see the title in, overlaid them, and tried to sharpen it), but all I could figure out is that it was written/produced by John Loeffler and David Wolfert. If someone has the HD feed DVRed, they can probably make it out.
    Last edited by yoshi1001; 14th February 2009 at 5:34 AM.

I had to work today, but thank the gods I was able to record it on my sister's DVR & watch it after I walked back to her home!

Anyhow, those pics of this movie just can't compare to the real thing, & now I can tell more about this.

I was surprised that Newton had more of a man's voice, as he looked more like a surfing punk, but he's far from that; he's a damn bright spark. Also, it's good that Zero got his just desserts, as that guy is a complete psycho.

Another thing is that the alternate world sure is a twisted place, with erratic gravity & the whole nine yards.

Lastly, Shaymin sure was a beautiful sight, especially in her Sky Form (why I'm assuming that Shaymin is a girl, I haven't a clue...) Sure, one might think otherwise, but if you've been playing violent, bloody, & horrifying video games for ten years, those whimsicle sights can become a sight for your sore & bloody eyes, like it did with mine.

I'm done now.

*beds down for the night*

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast