Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Giratina & The Sky Warrior! (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness View Post
    Toho distributes the Pokemon movies in Japan.
    Oh, I didn't know about that. I never watched the original Japanese versions of the movies since I didn't want to spoil on what will happen. Sorry for my mistake there.

This movie was really good. I liked how everything looked and the plot was understandable. I had a little problem with the dialogue, but that's dubbing for you :/

I missed the end though, but I'll probably catch it tomorrow.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

...I just remembered..

I hate what they do the movie credits.
    We don't want to see more commericals!

We want to see the credits!..We could hardly see it,and we couldn't hear it at all.

What else did you expect from a network that literally shows the same damncommercials about TEH CLONE WARS 1 HOUR PRIEMEERE!!!!!!!, POKEMOON BAATTTLEE DIMENSION EPISSSOOODES! with the movie going into commercial every 10 minutes.

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by TogeticTheRuler View Post
    What else did you expect from a network that literally shows the same damncommercials about TEH CLONE WARS 1 HOUR PRIEMEERE!!!!!!!, POKEMOON BAATTTLEE DIMENSION EPISSSOOODES! with the movie going into commercial every 10 minutes.
    ohyes because CN is the only network that hascommercials and cuts the ending credits.... no need to complaina bout this as almost all channels do this to end credits..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Ugh, I HATED the frequent commercials. I just wanted the movie for Christ's sake! Maybe there will be less in the encore presentation tomorrow, no need to advertise more Clone Wars any more, God. Other than that, I enjoyed it very much (although I would've liked it more if the credits were full screen and audible).

I think this is one of the funnier pokemon movies mostly because Shaymin acts like an a** in the movie imo.

Please Click
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."

I hated the commercials too. They always have ommercials but it felt like they had them too frequently throughout the movie.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan#493 View Post
    Ugh, I HATED the frequent commercials. I just wanted the movie for Christ's sake! Maybe there will be less in the encore presentation tomorrow, no need to advertise more Clone Wars any more, God. Other than that, I enjoyed it very much (although I would've liked it more if the credits were full screen and audible).

Prepare to be disapointed... all their movies have alot of commercial breaks and their end credits are always cut off for more commercials.. like many channels out there.
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 15th February 2009 at 4:55 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Never mind the commercials! How did Shaymin's dub voice sound? After all, Shaymin's Japanese voice was very specific to him/her(?) and I wouldn't want DuArt to have squandered her squeaky peaky sass.
    B.T.W., I didn't watch the broadcast; Destiny Deoxys trained me to not trust these.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonami View Post
    Never mind the commercials! How did Shaymin's dub voice sound? After all, Shaymin's Japanese voice was very specific to him/her(?) and I wouldn't want DuArt to have squandered her squeaky peaky sass.
    B.T.W., I didn't watch the broadcast; Destiny Deoxys trained me to not trust these.
    I don't think it was as high-pitched as the original Japanese voice, but it didn't seem to lack in sass at all, especially when it came to teasing Ash.

Now being reposted!

Normal: Very cute, not squeaky at all.
    Sky Forme: Sounds very much like Tails from Sonic.

The movie wasn't edited for time or anything. Other than the commercials, it was uncut.

Edit: Rank Up! ^^
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

They didn't keep the way shaymin's lines were. in the japanese version shaymin didn't have correct grammer, the english version did. I think that the movie could have gone better if they put more effort into it.
    I'm the type of gal who loves cosplaying and watching anime. I don't enjoy shoujo with the exception of 2 which are Full Moon and MeruPuri. I usually stick to shonen manga. I own a volume of KashiMashi and that is probably the closest thing to yuri I'll ever get. I grew up on Pokemon and Sailor Moon sense the age of 4, so yeah, I've been a dork for most of my life

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    I don't think it was as high-pitched as the original Japanese voice, but it didn't seem to lack in sass at all, especially when it came to teasing Ash.
    Huh. I would have loved a dub Shaymin to be high-pitched.
    So, is Shaymin a male or female? The voice lends itself to wonder what Shaymin falls under.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuitheeevee View Post
    They didn't keep the way shaymin's lines were. in the japanese version shaymin didn't have correct grammer, the english version did. I think that the movie could have gone better if they put more effort into it.
    With the proper grammar though, it made Shaymin seems a little more stuck up, so I think it did benefit in the end.

So, is Shaymin a male or female? The voice lends itself to wonder what Shaymin falls under.
    The voice was definitely feminine in Land Form. Not as high-pitched as the Japanese, but still in the higher register in terms of how voices go. Sky Form was like Tails from Sonic, but it still had a little bit of a feminine touch to it. So I think we're fairly certain Shaymin's female.
    Last edited by PokemonHero; 15th February 2009 at 5:18 AM.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuitheeevee View Post
    Japanese Grammar =/= English Grammar.
    Grammar mistakes in Japanese would probably be difficult carry over into English. At least, I think they would.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

^Shaymin Land Forme seems to have a female voice, while Sky Forme seems to have a more male voice. Guess it depends on the voice actor? Talk about bisexual.

Besides, commercials are the main reason CN even played the movie! So it could get money off the amount of people watching the stupid commmercials. Like I always say, if you don't like the capitalism, BUY it on DVD, for the Distortion World's sake!

I didn't watch the whole movie, though. It was on very late for my schedule.

Shaymin was definetly a female. Its Land forme was high pitch but suited Shaymin IMO. And its Sky forme (like everyone else said) sounded like Tails, but yet was a good voice for her IMO
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Hey just wondering, when in the time line of the anime is this meant to be watched? As in what battle dimension episode does it follow? Thanks!

I only caught the last... third of the movie. I was dragged along to pick my brother up from a late-night playdate and when we got home it was 7:46. O -O Hopefully I'll catch the entire thing (and hear more of Zero's awesome one-liners) tonight...
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hrja7d.png[/IMG]
    credits claimed 'mon ff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Xenieon View Post
    ^Shaymin Land Forme seems to have a female voice, while Sky Forme seems to have a more male voice. Guess it depends on the voice actor? Talk about bisexual.
    You mean 'transexual,' right? lol.

Even though both voices seem diffrent, I still like them both. They seem to fit Shaymin's character very well. More than Giratina from what some have said.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The thing about giving Shaymin two different voices was to show a distinct difference between the two forms. Shaymin's Land Form voice was a little more whinny and complainy, fitting well with her character. Sky Form was a little stronger and more determined, showing a transition in her attitude when in Sky Form.

Now being reposted!

i loved shaymin in this movie it was soo cute and funny
    this is my fav pokemon movie now

i really like the line thats in my sig

Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

Agreed, Piplup.

This is my favorite Pokemon movie by far. ^^ Actually, the anime in general has been on a pretty good streak for a while now (ignoring Fantina's voice... ugh).
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hrja7d.png[/IMG]
    credits claimed 'mon ff.net

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast