Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Psyduck Stops Here! (555)

Default The Psyduck Stops Here! (555)

The Psyduck Roadblock!

On their way to Celestic Town, Ash & co. find their path blocked by a group of Psyduck. Try as they might, the Psyduck do not yeild and continue to block their path. It seems they're trying to protect their eggs, which are soon to hatch. However, the nearby lake is polluted. Can Ash & Co. help? Will they be able to go to Celestic Town?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

: O

So what was the Pokémon, in the water? Was it... Psyduck?

THE END.

I think it was some Muk.
    Credits to Roses are Red for this wonderful signature. Thank you tyranidos for this banner. Team Rocket's revolution is nigh.

Anything of interest happen?

The three shadows were Muk (who fell in love with other Muk), nothing much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The three shadows were Muk (who fell in love with other Muk), nothing much else.
    Well that's depressing. I mean, don't we see Muk love all the time? :/

But hey, this time it's Muk loving Muks, not humans.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

Yeah.

Kinda kinky in a way.

Also I heard pretty much all of the group's Pokemon participate in battling the Psyduck, so yeah, looks like a kinda a goffy "everyone work toghether" episode.

Any new moves for anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Yeah.

Kinda kinky in a way.

Also I heard pretty much all of the group's Pokemon participate in battling the Psyduck, so yeah, looks like a kinda a goffy "everyone work toghether" episode.
    Yeah, everyone had a part in the episode besides Sudowoodo...poor thing. The frog was used like 4 times in this episode.

You know what would be awesome? If Hikari catches a Pachirisu. It would really fit her and I want to see a Pachirisu in the anime really bad. But no main-character besides Ash has ever owned an electric pokemon...

Seriously , who is STILL saying that Buneary is Hikari´s neglected Pokemon?

The episode was very mediocre.
    The Psyduck plotline was boring as hell and the problem with some Muk invading their lake was writen and portrayed rather poorly, but I liked how the Muk got some sweet Muk-on-Muk action later as a reward for their bad antics towards the Psyduck.

It was very nice to see that Glion´s personality didn´t change at all. It still has its whiny-eyes-moments ^^ so cute.
    But I hope it couldn´t glide well because of Ash´s weight and will glide better in future episodes. I guess it was just for comedy anyway.

And...please tell me...why didn´t the gang just took the route around the psyduck and along the sides of the valley...you know...where Team Rocket was standing when they showed up for the first time in the episode?!?

Meh...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Happiny's part for me was hilarious. I loved when she got really mad at the Psyduck.

Poor Pachi, poor Pachi. When will it see the light again?
    Last edited by Dax; 24th July 2008 at 8:03 PM.

The plot was the very definition of 'this is some ******** writing', but as is the norm for episodes such as this, it's all the other stuff surrounding it that makes the 22 minutes worthwhile.
    The entire scene with Ash and his newly evolved vampire arthropod is a testament to this, not to mention the...very random Muk love-fest near the end.
    Y'know, it wasn't just that love-fest, but also the fact that they instantly started to gleefully splash each other in whatever the hell that filth they landed in happened to be. That was funnier than a dated MK reference.
    And those are pretty damn funny.
    Yeah.
    They are.

I also loved Megayanma's distressed sounding 'Yeeeyuun?!' as Hikozaru went at it with Flame Wheel. Is it wrong that extremely minor crud like that is more than enough to fill my pokémon entertainment quota for the week?
    Last edited by Gravy; 24th July 2008 at 8:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aipom1234 View Post
    Any new moves for anybody?
    yes swinub used dig.

LOL! Funny random filler episode. ^_^

Though I wonder how PUSA will handle the Mexican Brock scene. Without the awesome Brock salsa music, it won't be anywhere near as funny as its Japanese counterpart. -_-;

LOL! Funny random filler episode. ^_^

Though I wonder how PUSA will handle the Mexican Brock scene. Without the awesome Brock salsa music, it won't be anywhere near as funny as its Japanese counterpart. -_-;

Gliscor cried!! He still has the same personality that Gliger had.
    and he still faces a problems in the air.

at first it was kinda boring then when Brock was in that costume and started singing i was into the episode the part at the end with the Muks was funny lol and too bad there wasn't no new animation for the opening or ending. and Gliscor crying was funny yet creepy at the same time......

It was an entertaining episode to say the least. Definitely comical without a doubt.

-There was no Cynthia if people must know.
    -There is finally confirmination that the next Pokemon Contest is indeed at Celestic Town.
    -A lot of Pokemon appearances, the group's entire team showed up except for Sudowoodo and Pachirisu. Wow, Pachirisu definitely needs more appearances now. Also it is good to see Muk again after how long now.
    -Glad to see Gliscor still has the same personality as Gligar.

Anyways yeah. Just a pretty entertaining episode. Preview of the next one looks awesome. I can't wait for that.

Okay, what the hell was that crap I just watched?

First came one of the most boring gym battles since Kanto. Then came an incredibly standard and mundane capture episode, followed immediately by a standard and mundane evolution episode, complete with a total waste of Gary. Next was an appeal round of a contest disguised as something new with dresses. And now, we have one of the worst episodes of this particular saga to date, right down there with the Swinub trio and Chingling and cake shop episodes, as well as much of the other garbage they rightfully handed to Kinoshita.

And yet, "slump" is too strong of a word to describe the current state of Sinnoh. Johto was a slump. This is more of a "lull". I have no doubt things will recover, as while I honestly haven't enjoyed an episode since the Croagunk Festival, most of the episodes between Hearthome and Solaceon were pretty mediocre, too. Hoenn also went through a few temporary phases like this.

If you were looking for an actual review of the episode from me, I seriously struggled to finish it, as the only real highlights were the Muks, which were mainly entertaining because they were so random and out-of-place. It seemed like the writers felt like they had to do an episode about the Psyducks since they play a vital role in the game, but couldn't decide how to make an interesting story out of it.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Err...the plot idea, while not all that awful itself, was poorly executed, and I don't know why they felt like including that bit with the Muk at the end...okay, they needed to fill their 20 minutes I guess, but it really felt tacky and pointless.

However, for some strange reason, this is also the episode that made me laugh the most in a long time.

I just loved Dawn in this episode. I often felt like she's portrayed as the most cunning of the trio (while Brock = wise and Ash = creative as far as mental pro-traits are concerned), and her sharp remarks, and the way she talked in general, once again made her stand out as the "cool girl".

Whether it was her giving TR an internal slap in the face,

Jessie: The word 'impossible' doesn't exist in Team Rocket's dictionary!
    Dawn: It's not like 'possible' does, either.

or just the amusing scene where she dances along with Brock while completely giving off this "God, why the hell am I doing this?"-vibe... I liked it lots.

Speaking of Brock, I found it funny how he'd completely lost himself in his oneesan-song to the point where he didn't even know why he was dancing anymore. I also liked big brother Brock in the scene where the group watches Meowth talk to the Psyduck:

Ash: What is he telling them?
    Brock: Don't ask me.
    Dawn: Will it work out?
    Brock: Don't ask me.

Overall, as someone said, if the episode was to be judged in terms of plot, it was extremely poor, but personally I liked many of the minor tidbits here and there, so I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    followed immediately by a standard and mundane evolution episode, complete with a total waste of Gary.
        Spoiler:- Gligar Episode Spoiler:

This episode was fine I'm glad everyone got to use almost all their Pokemon (Sudowoodo.....Pachirisu). Eh I should say Gliscor too sense it never battled only "helped". Chimchar was sort of awesome in the episode (I get the feeling that Chimchar will be the one getting some attention soon hopefully after Gliscor). It looks like Happiny bit of more than it could chew, I guess we found a limit to its strength (It was cute when I saw Happiny mad). Other than that nothing really exciting happened, it be nice if Ash mentioned he had a Muk instead of just saying what it was (though I could be wrong about that).

Swinub knows dig? Didn't Leona say she had to teach her Swinub to dig? Oh well I was hoping for mud bomb, mud bomb looks more appealing. I just wonder what Swinub is supposed to do in an appeal with its moves.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
        Spoiler:- Gligar Episode Spoiler:
    I believe it was a mistake to include Gary in that episode in the first place. Since his appearances are sporadic, you would think the writers would find a way to give him a little more spotlight, especially after his long absence during AG. If patterns are anything to go by, it will be many more months before we see him again. You're right, there wasn't much for Gary to do in DP085. And yet, Gary is a significant character, and giving him the role that any old Nurse Joy could have easily filled isn't the greatest use of his character. Compare this to the Shieldon episode, where even though Gary wasn't necessarily the spotlight, he still played an active role and really helped to beef up the substance.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Haha, bad episode plot or not, I really liked this one. The episodes where the twerps interact with each other the most are my favorite--it's fun seeing their little quirks and such. (like with Brock doing his dance and Dawn just sitting there all ". . .")

I'm glad Gliscor still has it's same ol' personality. It's a bad*** scorpion bat but at the same time super goofy and still very sensitive. Very cute. Also, I think this is the best random ending since the Victreebell falling in love way back in Johto.

Haha, bad episode plot or not, I really liked this one. The episodes where the twerps interact with each other the most are my favorite--it's fun seeing their little quirks and such. (like with Brock doing his dance and Dawn just sitting there all ". . .")

I'm glad Gliscor still has it's same ol' personality. It's a bad*** scorpion bat but at the same time super goofy and still very sensitive. Very cute. Also, I think this is the best random ending since the Victreebell falling in love way back in Johto.

How much do I love Pinpuku! I can't say much for it's Japanese voice. I prefer the girly-girl voice of Happiny. But nevertheless, I love that it bit off more than it could chew with lifting the large rock. Does anyone think that's Strength, the move?

I expected to really hate this episode, but I didn't. It is not a favorite of mine, but like others said it had a lot of really funny moments.

Sudowoodo should have been used against the Muks...Mimic + Mud Bomb = ouchie for the Muks.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast