Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Psyduck Stops Here! (555)

All the group's Pokemon (sans Sudowoodo and Pachirisu) appearing just to get the crap beat out of them was definitely a plus for me. It's also nice to see someone other than Piplup (mainly Ambipom) getting to battle, though it certainly makes me wonder whether or not Pachirisu's dying of starvation in that Pokeball...

Funny. A this time promting 4th Gen and the main protaginists/antagonists are Psyduck/ Muk in the episode

So its only old 1st gen pokemon in the episode except for the group's pokemon. Sad.
    My shinies: Nincada x2, Wingull x2, Exploud, Crobat, Zubat, Zigzagon x3, Linoone, Medicham, Riolu, Rapidash, Feebas, Shinx,Rattata,Sneasel, Bidoof,Geodude,Mew
    I am the New Leader at SPHC. PM me if intrested!
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/sphc/forum/43980

I thought it was an alright episode and the preview for next week looks really awesome!

What is it I see? Not one single person has complained about bad animation, seems like Kinoshita is gettin' better?

Funny episode, but the plot sucked as everyone else pointed out. The MUK'S were hilarous.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    What is it I see? Not one single person has complained about bad animation, seems like Kinoshita is gettin' better?

Funny episode, but the plot sucked as everyone else pointed out. The MUK'S were hilarous.
    Bad animation from Kinoshita was a foregone conclusion. She's gotten better, but that doesn't change the fact that she's still bad. That being said, she did do a good job of making this quite possibly the most random episode of DP so far. And what exactly caused the Psyducks to attack Ash and crew anyway?

wasnt the most random one the mismagius eppy ^^^ (well in my opinion)

there wasnt anything random except the muks near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post

lol. I think this was one of Kinoshita's better episodes, actually. Especially during Ash and Gliscor's gliding scenes.

Haha : D! I loved that Muk part. It was so romantic x3333. Though, I agree with what most people said... That part of the episode was random+filler-like. <~

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by pi-pikachu1_1 View Post
    wasnt the most random one the mismagius eppy ^^^ (well in my opinion)

there wasnt anything random except the muks near the end.
    You make a good point...

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Bad animation from Kinoshita was a foregone conclusion. She's gotten better, but that doesn't change the fact that she's still bad. That being said, she did do a good job of making this one of the most random episodes of DP so far. And what exactly caused the Psyducks to attack Ash and crew anyway?
    Fixed :P

The Mismagius episode wasn't random, it was their dreams/nightmares.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I also loved it when the Muk fell in love! But once again, Buneary used Ice Beam against the Pysduck which annoyed me because that is all she ever uses!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

DP really hasn't had much in the way of "random" episodes. It's had a few fun-for-the-heck-of-it ones, such as the steamboat, maze, and Croagunk festival episodes, but the cosplay contest is the most "random" one I can think of, and even that still isn't as off-the-wall as the Claydol or Whiscash episode.

In regards to nobody moaning about the animation, I have a feeling that most of us are merely sick and tired of complaining about Kinoshita or Takeda every 4 episodes, and we feel their visual atrocities are a given by this point. I honestly fail to see any moderate improvement from Kazue, and given how this episode reeked in terms of plot, anyways, I'm not feeling like cruddy art direction ruined an otherwise-solid episode or anything.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I loved this episode, it had everything [except Sudowoodo, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., and Seviper]

Pros:
    -Piplup actually being put in its ball at about 5 minutes in, and staying there the rest of the episode
    -A new move for Swinub
    - Gliscor being hilarious, are there honestly still people who want it to be Oak'd?
    - Takeshi's Paridise
    - Muk love
    -Ambipom kicked some major Muk butt, and used a move that it hasn't used since it was an Aipom [double team]
    -5th episode in a row where Buneary appeared, its finally become UNshafted
    -Chimchar being useful
    -Psyducks, need I say more
    -Croagunk being used for more than 'Stab Brock to stop his flirting'
    -Happiny actually battling, and being defeated, showing that it isn't overpowered
    -The Red Hand Punching Staravia, for a second time, I like Staravia, but thats just too funny
    -The first thing that baby Psyduck's did after hatching was hold their head
    -No Wobbuffet, Mime jr., or Seviper
    -Good Animation [for a Kinoshita episode that is]

Cons:
    -Dawn using all her pokemon EXCEPT the one that actually has a type advantage over Psyduck
    -Brock using Croagunk 3 seperate times, and Happiny 1 time, but Sudowoodo 0 times
    -Gliscor needing help from Staravia's Whirlwind to fly, showing that it hasn't mastered gliding yet...
    -No Cynthia

Overall: 9.25! For including nearly all Pokemon, good comedy, and great use of Ambipom
    I'm back

Kinda hard to glide when there's no wind. Didn't you see Ash lick his finger and hold it up to check the wind? It wasn't strong enough, so he got Staravia to help. That tells me he's been learning a bit more about what Gliscor can and can't do at any given time. Obviously he has more to learn since the gliding wasn't exactly perfect, but it's just another ongoing subplot. I like that.

I didn't expect Ash to be the one to go all "Chibi-Koduck!!!" when they started hatching. I could see Dawn saying it, but it was a bit of a surprise coming from Ash. Not in a bad way, mind you.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Kinda hard to glide when there's no wind. Didn't you see Ash lick his finger and hold it up to check the wind? It wasn't strong enough, so he got Staravia to help. That tells me he's been learning a bit more about what Gliscor can and can't do at any given time. Obviously he has more to learn since the gliding wasn't exactly perfect, but it's just another ongoing subplot. I like that.

I didn't expect Ash to be the one to go all "Chibi-Koduck!!!" when they started hatching. I could see Dawn saying it, but it was a bit of a surprise coming from Ash. Not in a bad way, mind you.
    Heh, wonder how long until Gliscor masters gliding? Not too long I hope.

Were those Muk in the Psyducks' lake tampering with the environment? I think that's what happened.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Wow Ash trying to fly with Gliscor.My dreams for gliscor came true.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster95 View Post
    Wow Ash trying to fly with Gliscor.My dreams for gliscor came true.
    Heh, wonder how Gliscor will glide once he masters gliding?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Can someone please explain why Brock was salsa dancing? It seemed so random. IMO, it was more random than the Muks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

To distract the three Psyduck so they wouldn't notice Ash and Gliscor flying overhead to find out why they wouldn't let them past.

What was that initial conversation with Team Rocket? The gist of it was obviously that the twerps would let them try to get the Psyduck guards to move (by having Meowth talk to them), but can someone explain it a little better? I can't really figure out what Dawn said that made them facefault, for example.

Okay, so I just saw the pics of this episode. It was good to see Psyduck again. I can't believe that even though Gligar evolves into a Gliscor, it still acts like a wussy. I thought its attitude would of toughen up.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Were those Muk in the Psyducks' lake tampering with the environment? I think that's what happened.
    This was how I understood that situation, I may have a few details wrong but I'm pretty sure this is generally how it went:

After the eggs hatched, Ash & friends noticed that there were a lot of Psyduck for such a small lake/area, and wondered why they were all crowded in like that. Brock checked his map/guidebook thing and found a larger lake nearby, so they went to check it out, figuring maybe something scared the Psyduck away, and that's when the three Muk popped up. They battled them and sent them "blasting off", and the Muk ended up landing in a swamp where they met those three female Muk. So the group of Psyduck got their territory back...or something like that.
    Last edited by Geodude; 29th July 2008 at 12:37 AM.

I just started looking a the episode pics, and at the bottom of page 5 where Ash and co. are sitting down talking to eachother, Why is Pikachu that small???? Shouldn't he be a little bigger than that!? Anyways, can't waite to see this episode!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

This has to be the most comical episode in a while, i loved it!

My favourite part:

It got recalled into its Pokeball!!! Woot!
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Good to see Psyduck again!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast