Rules of General Pokémon Discussion
Welcome to General Pokémon Discussion! Like the description says, here you can discuss anything about Pokémon that does not go elsewhere - meaning non-anime, manga, and most game things. This is basically a forum for discussing the Pokémon themselves and other questions or thoughts concerning them you may have on your mind. There are some rules that you need to know before posting, so please scroll down to read them.
When you make a topic here..
- Make sure you've read the rules of the forums.
- If it's a poll-esque thread, such as "What is your favorite Pokémon?" or "What Pokémon looks like what animal?", or "Which Pokémon needs an evolution?" Post it in PokéPolls!
- Likewise, Games do not belong in General Pokémon Discussion! This forum is for the discussion of Pokémon related things. There is a post count here because we expect you to be able to make decent posts. If all you want to do is make short posts with little to no effort or point, then there is a Games forum with no post count. (Examples: Never Do What to a Pokémon?, Pokémon Real! What could go wrong?, Pokémon Riddles V2,
Pokémon as sport tthletes!)
- Furthermore, don't make a "Add a new type" "Add a new ability" and et cetera sort of thread here. There is a thread for all of this called Create Your Own.... ANYTHING
- Got an idea for a new game or the best sequel? GO HERE!
- Make sure you're in the right section! This is GENERAL Pokémon Discussion, not just a specific generation. Each generation has its own discussion forum. Post there instead. If you have a question on where a thread should be, feel free to PM any of the mods! We'll gladly help you! ^_^;
- Don't make topics about the 5th Gen and GSC Remakes. Why?
It's in the announcements section, mates. We know you're so excited about the 5th gen, but the 4th Gen only just started. Don't jump the gun, it'll probably be a few years before we actually get any information about the 5th gen.
Originally Posted by Jess
- Don't make duplicate threads if the thread is still going. If it hasn't been posted in in more than a month, it's free game. Otherwise, just don't do it. ^^;
- Make sure your thread actually has something to discuss. For example, don't make a thread like "Pikachu is cool! Do you like it?" Everyone likes and dislikes various Pokémon; we don't need a thread for every single pokemon :B
- This is NOT a Game Help section! If you need help with your game, post in the appropriate section!
The Sections ~
- Please don't make topics about Why isn't [Pokémonhere] [insert type here]? These topics get old quickly.
- On that note, please don't make topics asking "Why isn't [insert made up type here such as Light] a type?!"
If there's a problem in a thread...
- Make sure you're ON TOPIC! Don't defer from the topic at hand, please.
- Don't post more than once in a row! (Ergo, don't double/triple/quadruple post)
- Make sure you follow the basic rules of SPPf, and any rules that may or may not be specified in the first post of a thread.
- Do not bump old topics.
- Show respect. No flaming/trolling/et cetera.
- If you know it's a spam topic, don't reply. If you know it's a troll, don't acknowledge it. The report button exists for a reason. ~
- Replies to topics that theores about the world of pokemon, that are along the lines of "it's just a game" or "it's not real" and the like will be treated as spam, simply because it's off-topic and you didn't need to point out the obvious.
- Have fun! ^^ Yay fun!
That's all for now! ^^; If you have any questions, concerns, or noticed a typo in the thread, feel free to PM myself, Profesco, pika2000, SapphireL, or any other mods in this section.