Thread: Just what she needed (Ikarishipping Rated: T)

Post Just what she needed (Ikarishipping Rated: T)

Ok, this is my first story on this site. YEAH! Before I start, I must say this is just a short little one-shot I whipped up in like five minutes, give or take. It might have some grammar errors, but to bad, I'm lazy! Basically, just your every day Ikarishipping fic. Enjoy!

Again. It happened again. This wasn’t how things were supposed to happen. She was supposed to win! She was supposed to be just like her mum and win the Sinnoh Grand Festival. But, she lost, again. Tears brimmed her eyes and pricked at the sensitive surface of her crystal like orbs. Her hands trembled in both anger at herself for not trying hard enough, and uttermost melancholy of not being able to live up to her family’s name. She was a failure, a loser, a joke. She fell to her knees on to the cold, hard ground of the contest arena of the Grand festival. She had only barley made it that far, skimping through her last contest with no enthusiasm. But she didn’t try here either and even though she made it to the finals, she lost again. To a pink haired trainer who had named herself as Solidad. She closed her eyes letting the scorching tears freely fall down her cheeks. Lifting her head back up, she smiled a very fake smile to her opponent. “Congratulations, Solidad, you deserved the cup anyways, not me.” The girl said meekly and proceeded to rise up from the floor. She went to the back stage and was greeted by five familiar faces.

“Wow, Dawn you did great for your first Festival! You got second place, that’s awesome!” Said her, oh so perky friend, Ash. He always wanted to cheer her up when she was in the dumps, but his dense mind got in the way, and he made it worse sometimes.

“Pika, Pikachu!” The yellow rodent on Ash’s shoulder cried happily. Pikachu was always there to back up Ash on everything he said and did, so it was no surprise to her that Pikachu would want her to be happy, too.

“That was a first-class performance, especially for a rookie, DD. With a little more practice, next year’s Festival will be a cinch for you!” Said Kenny, her life-long friend and rival. He was always lively and energetic, always poking fun at her, but right now, she just wasn’t up for any of Kenny’s little pep rallies in her honor. She wanted to be alone. And her other two friends could see that.

Brock and Zoey, the wiser two of the five stayed silent, and waited to see her reaction to her friend showering her in approval at a time of depression. She simply shot them the same fake smile she gave Solidad and said “Thanks guys, but I just really want to be alone right now. I’ll meet you all back at the Pokécentre.” And with that she took off her pink shoes and handed them to Ash. “Hold these for me, will ya?” And she ran.

She soon found herself with water-borne eyes beyond the city limits of Hearthome city. There was no one in sight, probably because everyone went to see the Grand Festival. Outside Hearthome was an ideal training spot with the normal buzz of trainers who were working towards or just had been awarded there Relic badge. But today there wasn’t a soul in sight, and she was happy for that. There was a winding river on route 209 that was perfect to relax next to. Plopping herself down next to the snaky waterway, she let tears flow. She cried her heart out, letting all the pent up aggravation, sorrow, stress, and anything else from the past year of training fall out in the form of cries. She cried over all the lost training time, all the wasted time on gym battles, all the hours she washed out on meaningless tasks, even the lost time of thinking about him. The main component as to why she had lost her gusto for contests. Paul Shinji, the cold-hearted, self-reliant, little ******* that stole her heart. He took it from her, and she wanted it back but she doubted he even knew he had it. Paul didn’t care for her, and didn’t like her. He would never notice the heart he carried in his clutches wherever he went. She suddenly felt a presence around her. As if someone had just stumbled in to her sob-fest. Turning around she saw a fifteen year old boy, with purple hair and cold eyes glaring at her. And in his clutches, was her heart…

“Pathetic little girl, what are you crying about now? Did you break a nail or something?” The boy asked coldly. She inwardly sighed and whipped her eyes, turning away from Paul. She didn’t need this right now, especially considering her condition. She wanted to impress him by never losing, but obsessing over him made her downfall have twice the impact. Now, with his constant insults and sour remarks, she felt the heart in his hand turn cold, and break.

“You know my name, Paul. I know you do and –sniff- I don’t need your stupid, jackass comments right now. I-I just made myself the biggest failure on the face of the planet and I –sniff- don’t need you to make it w-worse.” She snuffled as she hugged her pink dress clad knees to her chest, hiding her face from Paul. She heard the brushing of grass against his pants coming closer and finally she heard him sit down next to her. “What?”

“Troublesome, don’t wallow in self-pity. It’s the most pathetic thing you could do right now… I watched the Festival you know…” Oh god, here it comes. He was going to laugh at her for being a loser, and not being able to win even the frilliest, most awful pass times he had ever heard of. He was going to say just what she was, a wimpy, pathetic, loser. “…You weren’t battling like a coordinator. That’s why you lost. You battled like a trainer.” With that, the girls head peeked up. Paul wasn’t looking at her, but at the stream. His eyes were still cold, but beneath that there was something else.

“Is that a… a good thing?” She asked. Paul had always said she was a pathetic excuse for a trainer, even though she was a coordinator. Paul saying that she battled like a trainer was a… confusing occurrence. She wasn’t sure if it was a compliment or an insult. Battling like a trainer is good for a… well trainer, but bad for coordinators. But, Paul hated coordinators, so being like a trainer was good. Though, if you were a coordinator that acted like a trainer and battled some gyms, people may be mistaken and think that you might actually be a full time trainer.

“It means that you’re strong, troublesome. That’s a good thing, but don’t read too much in to it. I just give credit where credit is due.” Paul said blankly and stood up, looking the other direction. “Now for the real reason I came out here…” He muttered before walking back toward the city. She stood and watched him depart and she felt… happy. He said she was strong. He said she battled like a trainer. One question still rattled in her head though. Why was he watching the Grand Festival in the first place? Was it to see her in it, or just to pass time? Well, there was no time to ponder that, she had some friends back at the Pokécentre who had her shoes with them, and that’s just what she needed.

I'm not sure if that was a page or not, but I say it was. I hope you had fun reading my little one-shot that I didn't think I was going to post in the first place. Bye-bye!
    Last edited by Kadoo96; 28th July 2008 at 1:52 AM.
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

I just read that story on fanfiction and reviewed!
    It was awesome! And so sweet of Paul to tell Dawn she was strong! ;-)
    Forever an ikarishipper~
    [Ikarishipper for eternity (: ♥ ]

...Banner made by xxGlassRose...

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

Cool! Are you The number one Ikarishipping fan?
    Thank you! I thought it would be something to move it along, Paul to say something nice for once. Most Ikarishipping fics are moved only by Dawn's actions, even some of mine, so it being Paul's doing is a bit of a twist!
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

Cool! Are you The number one Ikarishipping fan?
    Thank you! I thought it would be something to move it along, Paul to say something nice for once. Most Ikarishipping fics are moved only by Dawn's actions, even some of mine, so it being Paul's doing is a bit of a twist!
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

Yeah I am!
    lol yeah it is a bit of a twist
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

That is so cool! I just replied to your review on FF a few minutes ago XD
    Yeah, little twist to keep the brain juices pumping
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

lol thanks for replying
    having your brain juice pumping is good (and healthy!) XD
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

You iz welcome XD
    Yes, brain juice is supposed to pump I suppose... sorta why it's there, isn't it?
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

Mhm. Brain juice is like another form of chocolate without the chocolate taste! (Or is like a different form of coffee?...) Nah. Brain juice is just what makes ikarishipping exciting! xP I make no sense, I know.
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

Nah, making no sense is what writers do when there done making sense for there readers. If you could hear some of my conversations with my friends, you'd be confuzzlified as crap, but you'd get my point XD
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

Yes I do get your point XD
    Besides, I like not making sense! It makes them wonder whether I'm sane... (nods)
    I make about as much sense as chocolate on ham! XD
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

I think anyone I've been in contact with my whole life gets my point XD
    Yeah, making no sense make a whole lot of sense to me...
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

The world wouldn't make sense without not making sense. It's the joy of the world whether anyone knows it or not :P
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~

He....kinda cheered her up? Öö Waah~ I would never expect this from Paul xD But it's kinda...nice xD Well, It's really well written. I like it.
    And I was a little bit wondering xD Paul knows how a coordinator should fight? xD Well, I don't really think he's that kind of a typ who's caring for such things.

Supporter of: IkariShipping, ContestShipping, PokeShipping

Yep, but he didn't mean to cheer her up, it was an accident. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* XD
    Paul has to know how a coordinator fights so he doesn't fight like one. Or at least thats how I see it XD He probably doesn't care, but, then again, I'm an obsessive Ikarishipper and willing to break characters to make my point XD
    I iz Katie
    Katie says hi
    Katie likes pie
    And Katie says bye! XD

I reread that and was thinking if he actually did that in the anime I would die, then come back alive, then faint, then wake up, then scream, then make everybody go deaf, then faint again. Then I'll be really happy.
    Forever an ikarishipper~

When two people meet,
    Something is born~