Thread: Love in Action (RangerShipping)

Default Love in Action (RangerShipping)

Title: Love in Action

Ship(s): RangerShipping, Plusle X Minun

Rating: PG

Summary: My first fic. A story about two Pokemon Rangers discovering if they are more than friends. Will their love thrive?

Notes: I will be updating every Saturday, so don't fret.

Interoduced Characters: Lunick, Solana, Plusle and Minun

PM List
    SkyHighSwellow
    Teddiursa fan forever
    kiara911
    ShuckleRules96
    Latias 24

Remember guys, I have not completed this fic, so if you have any ideas for future chapters, PM me!

Okay, without further ado, here we go!

Love in Action
    Chapter One

The sun rose high over Ringtown, with the Dodrio’s cry to signal the start of the day. Most of Ringtown’s citizens were still asleep, except for the Ringtown Rangers.

Solana woke up slowly, so she would not wake up her soundly sleeping Plusle, on the foot of her bed. They had a long day ahead of them, and Plusle, being the energetic Pokemon it was, needed her sleep. Once Solana was awake, she slipped into her Ranger Uniform and put her capture styler in her belt. At that moment, Plusle started to stir.

“Good morning Plusle!” Solana whispered as she strapped on her running shoes. “Did you have a nice sleep?”

“Plah plah” Plusle replied with a yawn.

“I’m guessing that’s a yes!” Solana giggled. “Are you ready?”

“Plah!” Plusle excitedly replied. Plusle was always excited for a new day.

“Then let’s head to the Ranger Base.” Solana said. Plusle ran up onto Solana’s shoulder, and they set off.

Solana’s house was only a hop, skip and a jump from the ranger base, so she decided to say hello to Lunick on her way there.

Lunick and Solana had been friends since childhood, and had a very close bond. Because they had both become Ringtown Rangers last year, they had been spending a lot more time together. Solana had questioned herself if she liked him, but she didn’t think so. Besides, Lunick was dating Arya, a Fall City Ranger. Solana sometimes felt a little left out, but not a lot.

Once Solana arrived at Lunick’s house, she knocked on the door.

“Hello? Lunick! Open up! It’s Solana!” She yelled.

“The door is open.” He said, but it was faint, and his voice sounded depressed.

“Whoa! Lunick, what’s wrong?” asked Solana as she entered the house.

“Arya just broke up with me!” Lunick yelled. “She just sent me a text message on my styler.”

“Oh… I’m really sorry Lunick. Really, I am.” Solana said with a low tone.

In her own mind, a small part of Solana was happy, but she quickly got rid of the thought. Why would she be happy when her best friend was obviously in emotional pain?

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Solana asked with hope in her voice.
    Lunick sighed, and said “No, there’s nothing. I guess I’m just going to have to deal with this.

“Where is Minun?” asked Solana. “I think Plusle is eager to see him.”

As Plusle was Solana’s partner Pokemon, Minun was Lunick’s partner Pokemon.

“I think he’s upstairs in my room, sleeping.” Lunick said in a soft tone.

“Plusle, why don’t you go upstairs and say hello to Minun?” Solana asked.

“Plah!” Plusle cheered, and before you could blink an eye, Plusle was scampering up the stairs to Lunick’s room.

“Now, Lunick, I know you well, and I know that you’re lying. If you want to talk about it, just let it out. You know I’d never abandon you in your time if need.” Said Solana, putting her hand on Lunick’s shoulder.

“Well,” Lunick started, “It was just going so well, and I didn’t think anything was wrong, and then, bam, she breaks up with me. Maybe it was the long distance relationship thing, maybe it was something I did wrong, or maybe… she just didn’t like me. Whatever it was, she said she didn’t want to get back together with me.”

“Wow…” said Solana. “I didn’t think it was that bad.”

“Oh well,” Lunick sadly said. “I knew it wouldn’t last. She was kind of mean to me anyway. I guess I was only dating her for her looks.”

“Well, if that’s what you think, then that’s what you think.” Solana said. “Are you ready to head to the base?”

“Yeah, let’s go. And… th-thanks for talking to me,” Lunick said, slowly standing up.

“Uh, no problem. Wait a second… where are Plusle and Minun? They haven’t come down yet.” Solana realized.

Lunick and Solana looked at each other for a moment, and then ran up the stairs. They knew that whatever their Pokemon were doing, it couldn’t be good.

End of Chapter One

Alright! Cliffganger on the first chapter! w00t! Well, go on, review!
    Last edited by Mewluvr200; 14th August 2008 at 9:16 PM.
    Pretty much gone. Bye.

Wow. I wanted a Rangershipping fic, and what do I do? Find one at the top of the page.

This chapter amused me, and it wasn't bad, especially for a first fic. You did a nice job explaining everything with explaining too much at the same time. Lunick and Solana are both in character, as far as I can tell (though Lunick dating Arya was a shock for me), and overall I though it was a nice start. I like the fact that Solana is trying to push any liking of Lunick out of her mind... and seems to be failing, haha.

It was a bit too short for me, though. I dunno what the limit is at this point, but I really think you could've fit more in (despite cliffhangers being such a joy). ...And I can't help but feeling you could've described more... but that's just me. I'm too far into description and that's really an overrated thing to crit you about, so most of that you can disregard. But make it longer and it'll look better. (It's also not the best thing to post fanfiction in colour).

So... PM list, please. I guess.
    whoa man.
    russia. calm. chess.
    people. noise. sour.

hate blue. love pink. not really.
    oh btw, ♥ team stephen king.

hehe... Plusle and Minun trouble already. ^^ i like it. and i agree, this is good for a first time fic. the fact that i'm a fan of rangershipping helps too. XD

a few key points is, as SkyHighSwellow pointed out, is detail, but again, like they said, is mostly because the length makes it look good. ^^ but you did a great job discribing things. and i'm a detail maniac as well XD i like the idea of them having their own houses intead of just staying in dorms at the ranger base or something. it gives it a more homey feel to it.

as far as the characters, i think they're all IC. but i think Lunick dating Arya was a cleaver thought. ^^ though a little sad to hear she broke his sweet little heart.

keep going with this story, and add me to the PM list as well. i'm horrible at remembering what fics i'm reading. ><;;; thanks in advance!

Tff
    It's been a long time... But it's so good to be back. <3
    Deviantart ID page: TranquilSimplicity
    Life giving you lemons? [Insert witty response here]

Thanks for the compliments! ^^

I've been playing through Ranger to get some more ideas, and i'm noticing a lot more shippy stuff then I thought.

I seriously had no idea about Solana's personality, as I am playing through as a girl, and I haven't seen the Anime appearences that she was in. I really have to! ^^;

The next few chapters will be longer, I promise.

See y'all on Saturday!
    Pretty much gone. Bye.

Rangershipping...aww how sweet. I'm glad you wrote this one, it sounds cute
    Add me to the pm list please~!

Hooray! Happy Saturday everyone! ^_^ This is a pretty kawaii chapter, and the RangerShipping gets better from here!

@SkyHighSwellow- Thanks for the compliments! I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to details ^_^; Cliffhangers are awsome, aren't they?

@Teddiursa fan forever- Lunick dating Arya was just a spark that I had. She won't be just a mention though! *hinthint*

New Characters: Spenser

Alright! Let's go!

Love in Action
    Chapter Two

“Plusle! Minun! What are you doing up there?!” yelled Solana and Lunick as they ran up the stairs. Being the Poke?mon that they were, they could find trouble anywhere. When they approached Lunick’s room, they found Plusle and Minun, but they found something else too.

“Oh no! What did you do in here?!” Solana exclaimed.

The room was a complete mess, with Lunick’s clothes, chair, desk and lamp all on the floor.

“Plusle! Minun! Why did you do this? It’s a total mess in here!” yelled Solana.

“Mai mai…” Minun said sadly. He seemed really sorry for his actions. Plusle looked sheepishly at the ground.

“Well, if you’re really sorry, then I guess we can let you off the hook, right Solana?” Asked Lunick, with a hopeful tone in his voice.

“Well…” started Solana, crouching down, giving Plusle and Minun pats on the head, “You were only having a little fun, so I guess we can let them off the hook… this time.”

“Plah plah!” Yelled Plusle, running to give Solana a hug.
    “Mai mai!” Exclaimed Minun, jumping into Lunick’s arms to give him a hug.

“Awww, okay guys, let’s head out to the Ranger Base!” said Solana with confidence in her voice.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Lunick followed.

2 minutes later…

As Solana and Lunick entered the Ranger Base, they were greeted by their leader, Spenser.

“Good morning guys!” Spenser said, as Solana and Lunick walked through the doors of the Ranger Base.

“Good morning Spenser!” Solana joyfully replied. “Is there a mission that needs to be done today?”

“Yes, there is, actually.” Spenser replied. “I need you guys to go to Summerland into the Olive Jungle. Poke?mon there have been going haywire, and a few have even wandered into the town. The Summerland Rangers need your assistance.”

“I wonder what is agitating the Poke?mon so much that they would be wandering into town.” Lunick wondered.

“Good question Lunick.” Solana replied. “We’ll have to investigate when we get there.”

“Alright guys! There’s no time to lose!” Spenser yelled. “I need you two to take the Dragonite Bus there, Alright?”

“No problem!” Lunick replied.

“Plah Plah!” exclaimed Plusle, while jumping up and down.
    “Mai Mai!” Minun replied, also jumping like a jumping bean.

“Uh… okay…” Solana nervously said.

*~*~*

Once Solana, Lunick, Plusle and Minun were ready, they hopped onto Dragonite, and got ready to fly. Solana was just a bit nervous, because when she needed to get around, she usually traveled by foot, and she used Lapras to get to Summerland, which was in the Fall City harbor. The only reason she took the Dragonite Bus was to get to Wintown, and that rarely happened.

“What’s wrong Solana?” Lunick asked. “You look really tense.”

“Oh… um, I just don’t ride the Dragonite Bus that often, and I’m a bit afraid of heights.” Solana said, with a nervous tone in her voice.

“Don’t worry! Here, I’ll sit in the front, and if you get a bit scared, you can hold onto me.” Lunick offered.

“Uh… thanks…” Solana said nervously.

“Thant’s what friends are for” Lunick said happily. “Alright Dragonite! Let’s move out!”

Dragonite started to flap its wings, and took off. Solana told herself she wouldn’t look down, but she couldn’t help it. She looked down, but then jerked back in fear. She hugged Lunick tighter, hoping it would make her feel a bit safer, and surprisingly, it did. The tighter she held, the better she felt. Eventually, she was enjoying the ride. But was it the ride, or the fact that she was holding onto Lunick that made it enjoyable? This thought rushed through her mind, over and over, but she didn’t want to admit that it was Lunick responsible for her enjoying the ride.

At that same time, Lunick was feeling a bit nervous himself, with Solana hugging him tighter and tighter. But, he was enjoying it too, which made him question himself about his feelings about Solana, but he quickly erased the thought from his mind. Solana could never like him like that. After all, they were just friends, right?

Well, after they landed in Summerland, Solana and Lunick couldn’t look at each other without blushing. Plusle and Minun however, knew exactly what was going on. Quietly, the two Pokemon were discussing how they could help them.

As they were heading to the Summerland ranger base, Solana decided to set the record straight.

“Uh… Lunick?” Solana nervously approached.
    “Um.. what’s up Solana?” Lunick replied.
    “Uh, about me holding onto you on the Dragonite Bus… did that bother you?” Solana asked nervously.
    “Oh, not at all.” Said Lunick. “It’s fine.”
    “Okay, just making sure…” Solana said unsurely.

Before they knew it, they were at the ranger base, being greeted by the Summerland Rangers.

“Hey Lunick, hey Solana!” Good to have you guys back in Summerland” Said Leilani, a Summerland Ranger.

“Hey Leilani, where’s Cameron?” asked Lunick.

“Where do you think he is?” Leilani replied. “The Capture Challenge, of course. It’s just his excuse to ‘sharpen his skills’ like always.”

Solana giggled and said “Well, we have to go to the Olive Jungle to help you with the Poke?mon showing up in the town, right?”

“Yup! Let’s go!” Leilani replied.

End of Chapter Two

Was that kawaii enough for you? ^_^

See y'all next week for Chapter Three!

Last edited by Mewluvr200; 3rd August 2008 at 12:49 AM.
    Pretty much gone. Bye.

i liked this chapter too. ^^ though it was still a bit short, you're doing an excellent job of keeping the characters IC... as far as i know. ^^;;

as for the scene at the beginning, it seemed a bit odd for Solana and Lunick not to be a little more mad than they were. it's at times like that you have to ask yourself how mad you'd be if two little rodents messed up your room and threw your clothes everywhere. XD you'd be mad, right? ;D
    ...and then they just left without cleaning it up...

hehe... but her fear of heights can come in handy later on. ^^ like if they're on a cliff and Solana's hanging on to the side for dear life... then something evil happens like the side of it breaks and Lunick, plusle, and minun are the only ones who can save her...
    ok, i know, i get way too ahead of myself. XD

and the early appearances of their feelings for each other is a good sign too. it shows the feelings are actually there... but i think Lunick should be a little more torn up about his break-up. if she just dumped him for no apparant reason, he might just break down during the mission or something like that... and maybe it would almost be one-sided where he's thinking of her as a great support system, then eventually realizes how great she is and falls in love with her. ^///^

and again, i'm getting into this WAY too much. XD

good job on this chapter and good luck with the next one. ^^

Tff
    It's been a long time... But it's so good to be back. <3
    Deviantart ID page: TranquilSimplicity
    Life giving you lemons? [Insert witty response here]

aww ^^
    cute she hung on to him
    : )
    update soon

PM list!! please
    3DS FC: 0490 6301 2577

Hey guys! Happeh Saturday!! ^_^

@Teddiursa Fan Forever- I think your right about me bieng a little mad about a Plusle and Minun trashing my room ^_^;
    Plus, the fear of hights idea you had, wow. You are a psychic. I had written this chapter in advance, before I saw your comment. I didn't make it so evil though ^_^

The break up tear is still there though, Lunick is just internalizing his feelings. Tsk tsk...

New Characters: None today.

Love in Action
    Chapter Three

Once they set foot in the jungle, Lunick, Solana and Leilani felt rumbling beneath them. The rumbling got so powerful, a fissure opened up in the ground! One misstep, and Leilani and Solana lost their footing.

“Waaah!” Solana and Leilani wailed.

Luckily, Solana was able to grab onto the edge of the open fissure.

“Leilani! Grab my hand!” Solana shouted.

Leilani grabbed onto Solana’s hand, and griped it tight, but the weight of bit of them was too much for Solana. She could feel her hand slipping, when…

“Hah! I got you Solana. Don’t worry!” Said Lunick, practically out of nowhere, and grabbed her hand.

“Lunick!” Solana shouted in delight. “Now pull us up!”

Lunick mustered up all his strength, and pulled Leilani and Solana up.
    Once they were pulled up, immediately, Lunick gave Solana a hug. Both gasping for air, Lunick was the first to speak.

“I almost lost you there” whispered Lunick.

“Yeah…” Solana replied, hugging Lunick tighter. She closed her eyes lightly and said “Thank you… so much”

“Ooohh! Do I see a bit of romance here?” Leilani said with a French accent.

“Plahahaha!” “Maihihihi!” Plusle and Minun laughed.

“W-what?” Solana stuttered. “No, it was just a friendly hug…. right Lunick?”

“Y-yeah.” Lunick unsteadily replied. “Just a hug between friends”

“Okay… but I’m watching you two lovebirds” Leilani said.

“We are NOT lovebirds!” Lunick and Solana said in unison.

“Relax, I’m just kidding.” Giggled Leilani.

“Okay, but now our main problem is how we are going to get around this fissure!” realized Solana.

“Look over there! I see 3 Tangela!” Lunick pointed out.

“One Tangela for each of us” Leilani called.

3 captures later…

“Alright Tangela! Use your Vine Whip to take us over the fissure!” Solana ordered.

“Tangela!” The three Tangela obeyed. The vines wrapped around the three Rangers and sent them to the other side of the fissure. Before they knew it, they were over the fissure.

“Thank you Tangela!” The three rangers said as they waved goodbye to their friends.

“Okay, now that we’re out of that mess, let’s see where those tremors are coming from!” Leilani ordered.

Soon, they were deep into the forest. As they were walking, the tremors were getting worse. In between the tremors, Solana was conversing with Leilani.

“So, what do you think is causing the tremors?” Solana asked.

“Come on Solana, don’t try to avoid this. What’s going on with you and Lunick?”

“Wh-what? What are you talking about?” Solana stuttered.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about Solana.” Said Leilani, in a tone of voice that made Solana shudder.

“I’m telling you Leilani, I don’t have any feelings for Lunick!” Solana whispered, as Lunick was walking a short distance behind them.

“Fine!” Leilani whispered back. “I was just curious!”

“At least… I don’t think so…” Solana said to herself.

A few minutes later…

After some thought, Leilani thought that she would give Lunick a try. He couldn’t be as hard-headed as Solana, could he?

“Hey Lunick? Can I talk to you?” Asked Leilani.
    “Sure!” Lunick replied. “What’s on your mind?”
    “I was wondering… is there anything going on between you and Solana?”
    “What? No! What are you talking about? There’s nothing!” Lunick quickly replied.
    “Okay, okay! Yeesh!” Leilani said with an annoyed tone in her voice.
    After that, Leilani knew that there was no persuading them to talk.

Lunick sighed, and said to himself “Me and Solana? Could that really happen?”

Plusle and Minun ran up onto Leilani’s shoulders, knowing exactly how frustrated she was.

“I guess you guys know there’s something between your rangers too, huh?” She asked the two Cheering Pokemon.

Plusle and Minun nodded in agreement.

“Then maybe you two can help me!” Leilani said in excitement, as she whispered to the two Pokemon, devising a plan.

End of Chapter Three

OH NOEZ! Leilani, Plusle and Minun thinking of a plan?! This CAN'T be good!

See y'all next week!
    Last edited by Mewluvr200; 14th August 2008 at 9:18 PM.
    Pretty much gone. Bye.

Cute...
    Awesome chapter
    Leilani (sp?) is a rangershipper! Hoorah!!
    and so is plusle and minun

once again it was good.Maihihihi!

Pm List for me too! This story is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24
    Calling me Lati or Latias would be fine. You would get bored calling me Latias 24 all the time, won't you? I certainly do.

YALLOTHAR!

Happy Saturday people! ^-^

New Characters: None. -_-;

Love in Action
    Chapter Four

The three Rangers came up to the Jungle Relic, to see the cause of the tremors.

A Snorlax was Focus Punching the ground, in an uncontrollable rage. The surprise of the Rangers was furthered even more when they saw a person dressed in a strange purple and black uniform with a hood standing next to the Snorlax.

“Oh no! That Snorlax is in terrible pain!” Leilani worryingly screamed.

“Hahaha!” the strange man cackled. “This Snorlax is your problem now! And, just to give you a heads up… the Go-Rock Squad is at large once again!” He yelled menacingly, and ran off.

“Wait! Come back here!” Solana ordered.
    “Too late, he’s gone, Lunick said sadly. “But now we have to take care of this Snorlax! Shall I do the honors?” He asked.
    “It’s all yours!” Solana yelled in agreement.

With swift rings being drawn around Snorlax by Lunick’s capture styler, and a bit of Minun’s help, the Snorlax was captured. One it was tamed, Lunick walked up in front of it.

“There you go! You’re free now!” He said happily.

The Snorlax, on the other hand, was swaying back and forth, in a drowsy trance. Lunick didn’t notice, until the Snorlax tilted forward, about to land on its stomach for a nap, unknowing that Lunick was there. Lunick couldn’t move a muscle, out of fear. The Snorlax was falling forward fast, about to land straight on Lunick. A blow like that could kill a person.

Solana, of course, was scared too, but she needed to protect her friend. She felt like there was no option to stand by and watch. She ran as fast as she could, jumped in front of the Snorlax, grabbed Lunick, and dove out of the way. They had missed the Snorlax by an inch, as once Solana grabbed Lunick, Snorlax landed in its stomach with a huge thud. The two Rangers hit the ground with a thud, landing on the ground next to each other. Their faces were a few inches apart. Solana managed to speak, even though she was exhausted.

“Well, now that I’ve saved you, I guess we’re even” She whispered, with a small giggle.
    “I guess so.” Lunick replied, also giving a small chuckle.

It was Solana’s turn to bring Lunick in for a hug. They both gave out small sighs, and gently closed their eyes, as they hugged tighter.

Little did they know, Leilani, Plusle and Minun were standing a few feet away, watching everything. Leilani tiptoed off back to the Summerland ranger base, satisfied that Solana and Lunick had chemistry, and all they needed was the spark. Plusle and Minun would provide that spark.

As you could imagine, the ride back to the Ringtown ranger base was a bit awkward. The sun was setting just over the ocean, as they were riding Dragonite back to Ringtown. Solana just couldn’t help but hold onto Lunick.

The only thing she couldn’t figure out was why she was still holding onto Lunick, when she wasn’t scared at all.

A few minutes later…

When Lunick and Solana got back to the ranger base, they told Spenser what had happened.

“What?! The Go-Rock Squad is at large? This is terrible!” He worryingly said. “Did he say anything else?”

“Sadly, no.” Solana said. “We don’t even know if he was a Go-Rock Squad grunt. He didn’t look the part, but the strange uniform made me think he was.”

“Well, if there’s no more information, I guess there’s nothing more that we can do” Spenser said. “It’s getting late anyway. You two are dismissed.”
    “Thanks Spenser!” Solana said, as she walked towards the door.
    “See you tomorrow!” Lunick added.

As Solana and Lunick came to their house doorsteps, the awkwardness grew.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow…” Lunick said, as he opened the door to his house.
    “Wait, Lunick?” Solana said, walking up to him.
    “What is it?” Lunick asked.
    “I never got to thank you for saving me” Solana said.

What happened next, Lunick couldn’t believe. Solana came up to him, closed her eyes, and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. Lunick started blushing, and turned a bright red. Solana was also blushing the same way. Plusle and Minun looked at each other, smiling.

When Solana slowly pulled away, they looked at each other for a moment, still blushing.
    Solana turned away, walking back to her house, giving a light smile to herself.

When the both of them got into their houses, they went up to their rooms, collapsed onto their beds, closed their eyes, sighed deeply, and fell asleep smiling.

End of Chapter Four

Did you like that? ^-^

Okay, guys I might not be able to update next week, as I am taking an emergency trip to the US. I'll be back as soon as I can!
    Last edited by Mewluvr200; 16th August 2008 at 3:56 PM.
    Pretty much gone. Bye.

Not bad, short but sweet all the same. Nice idea on the snorlax!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24
    Calling me Lati or Latias would be fine. You would get bored calling me Latias 24 all the time, won't you? I certainly do.

Wow! I will read this more later. Keep going! I haven't played Pokemon ranger DS...XD

hehe a spark.

yay~! more huggsies! that was cute!!
    Good thing Lelani escaped or she would have ruined the moment!

Smile

That was really actually cute. Finally, someone does
    PluslexMinun!
    <--My Pokemon Team!
    Thanks to Pokedialga200 for this awesome team pose!

Oh yes! Finally a Rangershipping story! Please, do keep on writing! ^_^

Oh yes! Finally a Rangershipping story! Please, do keep on writing! ^_^