Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pokémon Free-For-All !

Default The Pokémon Free-For-All !

Hello folks, welcome to the Pokémon Free-for-All, brought to you by RzK and Bakphoon™!

...What is this game about, you ask?

This is a text-based game in which four people can play at a time. Four Pokémon compete to be the last one standing in a four-way battle, each Pokémon being given orders by one participant.

You may note that this game sounds similar in practice to ASB and another game in the Games Forum- The Pokémon Royal Rumble, but what's different is that our game is much simplified, and easier to get into, compared to those games.

...so how to participate in this battle?

Firstly, post here, stating that you want to participate. In your post, you also have to mention the answer to any one of these questions:
    1. What region are the games Pokémon Gold and Silver set in?
    2. What is Kyogre's type?
    3. What is the name of the main character of the Pokémon anime?

Next, after your signup is accepted, send me a PM stating the Pokémon you wish to use in this match.

Once four players have signed up, the match can start! To keep the battles fresh, there will be lots of twists and surprises happening throughout the course of the match.

Rules

1. All SPPF rules apply.
    2. No spamming, only 1 post per round.
    3. No ganging up on one player. If any players are caught breaking this rule, their Pokémon will be dealt with, by the Great Flame Collar of Doom. As of Round 0's conclusion, participants send orders via PM, so this rule has no value. However, cheaters and fixers will be dealt with by the mods.

The Battle System

In every round, players will order their Pokémon to use a move, and state the target. One move per post, and one post per round.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Player 1
    Blaziken, use Blaze Kick on Alakazam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Player 2
    Alakazam, use Protect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player 3
    Luxray, Discharge on Haxorus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player 4
    Haxorus, use Swords Dance!
    After all four players have ordered, either me or Bakphoon™ shall referee the match within a day or two, maybe even sooner. In the referee post, we shall announce the sequence of orders for the next round, and so on.

Something like this will happen.

Pokémon, moves, energy/health system

Pokémon can be ordered to use any move listed in their page in the SPPF Pokedex. As for healing moves, each Pokémon is allowed to use a healing move up to two times per match.

All Pokémon have an amount of Health and Energy fixed at the start.

Each move used causes the Pokémon to expend some energy, while being hit by a damaging move from an opponent causes the Pokémon to lose some health.

Using a move like Hyper Beam will cause a lot of damage to the target if used successfully, but at the same time it will cause the user to spend a lot of energy as well.

Thus, higher the base power of the move on the SPPF Attackdex, higher the damage given/energy used. Once the health or energy of a Pokémon reaches zero, they will be declared unable to battle. The last Pokémon standing wins the match!

Reminding again, these are no ordinary battles, be ready for twists and surprises!

Follow the rules, and most importantly, have fun!

Rule Update 1
    It is not possible to regain energy. However, health may be regained using the appropriate moves, just like in the Games.
    Your Pokémon is allowed to use up to six damaging moves that are not of its type.Said moves will, however, take more energy to use. Removed the last line as of the conclusion of Round 0.
    Using high power attacks (having base power greater than 90) repeatedly will cause your Pokémon to be exhausted, and in this situation, you must have it use a low power move for a round.
    For balance's sake, if three out of four participants are using fully evolved Pokémon, and one is using an unevolved or less evolved Pokémon, the latter will be "evolved". Vice versa for one player with an evolved Pokémon and the others using unevolved Pokémon.
    As of now, Pokémon having a base stat total equal to or greater than 590 are not allowed.

EDIT: Hooray, accepted! Let's do this!
    Last edited by RzK; 4th July 2016 at 8:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    The Ghost uses Pikachu merch as a disguise because it wants to be loved.... Game Freak, are you all ok?

Banner credit: Sworn Metalhead

Userbars

Here are a few userbars made for PFFA by me, feel free to add them in your signatures if you like. :]

Last edited by Bakphoon™; 26th June 2016 at 8:27 AM.

Current Match:

vanillite1's Lucario vs Lord Fighting's Slowbro vs Lt. Bleu's Gallade vs Nothingjustgo's Electivire

Lord Fighting

Pokemon Chosen: Slowbro

Pokemon Ability: Own Tempo

Off type moves: Earthquake, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball

Lt.BLEU™

Pokemon Chosen: Gallade

Pokemon Ability: Justified

Off type moves: Earthquake, Leaf Blade, Signal Beam

Has a Special Defense drop of one stage.

Nothingjustgo

Pokemon Chosen: Electivire

Pokemon Ability: Motor Drive

Off type moves: Low Sweep

vanillite1

Pokemon Chosen: Lucario

Pokemon Ability: Inner Focus

Off type moves: Earthquake, Thunder Punch

Has an Attack boost of two stages, as well as a two stage Special Attack boost. Also has a Speed drop of one stage.

Last edited by RzK; 3rd July 2016 at 5:56 PM.
    The Ghost uses Pikachu merch as a disguise because it wants to be loved.... Game Freak, are you all ok?

I'll participate

I'm bored so I just answer all three questions

1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and moon

This game sounds awesome

--><--
    Credit goes to american--pi
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk
    (I'm bored so feel free to VM me some questions!)

I'll go in too.

Sinnoh, Electric and Sun and moon.

Can't wait to kick-***.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    I'll participate

I'm bored so I just answer all three questions

1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and moon

This game sounds awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    I'll go in too.

Sinnoh, Electric and Sun and moon.

Can't wait to kick-***.
    Both of you are accepted!

I'll try it.
    Anything to crush Bleu

Sinnoh, Electric, Sun & moon

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

FC: 3497-1041-4758

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I'll try it.
    Anything to crush Bleu

Sinnoh, Electric, Sun & moon
    Accepted! You may PM RzK with your Pokemon of choice.

After signups are complete, if anyone registers, he or she will be added to the Remind List for the next round, and will also be on standby if one of the battlers in this round goes inactive or resigns.

Say whilst a round was going on 5 or so more people joined would we then have 2 seperate battles happening at once?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

FC: 3497-1041-4758

No. No separate battles. On order of posting, the first four will be reminded when the next match's sign ups take place.

Sinnoh, Electric, Sun and Moon
    Check out my review of Pokemon Go feel free to let me know what you think!

Are you are a fan of video games? Obviously you are because you're on this forum. Anyway, if you want, check out my channel by clicking the image below!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nothingjustgo
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/nothingjustgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingjustgo. View Post
    Sinnoh, Electric, Sun and Moon
    Accepted, send me a PM stating the Pokémon you wish to use.
    Last edited by RzK; 22nd June 2016 at 1:35 PM.

Round Zero: The Beginning

The crowd of Castelians standing outside the newly-built PFFA building hurries in, and takes their seats, having a brilliant view of the square battlefield. They are restless, and they can't wait until the match starts. After all, it's not everyday that you get to watch things like this.

There are murmurs going around, but there is silence once the first of four doors on every side of the battlefield opens, and a trainer walks in with a Lucario behind him. The announcer's voice booms, "Presenting our first battler, vanillite1 with Lucario! The crowd roars in welcome.

Two more doors open, and a trainer walks from each of the doors, one has a Slowbro following him, and the other is accompanied by a Shiny Gallade. The crowd starts cheering loudly at seeing these Pokémon, and the trainers and their companions wave at them, except for Slowbro, who seems completely unaffected.

"Lord Fighting, with Slowbro! Lt.BLEU, with Gallade!" comes the announcer's voice.
    "Isn't that guy an ex-member of some famous league or something?" someone says in the audience.
    "Quiet, let me watch." someone replies.

Now come the referees, the organisers, a few bald old men, with a few Pokémon, most notably a Pachirisu and a Typhlosion, and all of them take up their places near the battlefield.

Finally, the last door opens, and the last trainer walks in, with an Electivire, who promptly wows the crowd, with a little display of sparks on entry.

"Nothingjustgo, with Electivire!" The crowd cheers again.
    "You know, I've heard that guy runs a big Pokémon battling tournament somewhere, I wonder why he-"
    "Will you calm down, and let me watch the match?"

The announcer's voice cuts through again, loudly. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, to the Pokémon Free-for-All!"

Here is how the battlefield is looking right now!:
        Spoiler:- Large Image:

All four participants may now send their orders to Bakphoon via PM.

Default Round One

Disclaimers:
    1. Do check out Rule Update 1 in the OP if you hadn't earlier, when the match started.
    2. Don't be mad at the refs please! We are trying to make it as fair as possible

Round One: Not Yet Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingjustgo.
    Ima protect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting
    Slowbro, Earthquake on Electivire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™
    Send jolts of Earthquake towards your opponent. Interrupt their attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1
    lucario, use swords dance
    The lights around the audience slowly fade out as all focus shifts to the battle.

Electivire kick-starts the battle, and deciding to be defensive for this round he creates a Protective energy shield around himself.

Lucario tries an ancient Dance of the Swords, a move that could be very useful to him, but...

...Seeing that no one has attacked yet, Gallade decides to start things up by attempting to interrupt the opponents' moves, by striking down the ground, so hard that it causes an Earthquake. Unfortunately for Gallade, the plan doesn't go so well, Lucario being the only one whose move gets interrupted. Slowbro takes damage, but doesn't seem to be doing anything yet, and Electivire simply protects himself.

Slowbro shakes off the damage done to him by the Earthquake, and prepares to make sense of what his Trainer commanded him to do. But what was it again?

Lucario pulls himself together. The previous attack hurt him. However, goal for the round still clear to him, he tries to use Swords Dance again. Succeeding, he looks around victoriously, but soon, he is hit by another Earthquake, this time coming from Slowbro, which isn't a very soft blow to him...he gets up, knowing, that not attacking in this round will prove fruitful later. The second Earthquake hits Gallade too, although it is not as strong as the previous one.

The bald old men seem to be distressed by the multiple Earthquakes, and are anxiously discussing something. Several Timburr run about behind the battlefield, very concerned. The battlers are aware that this was nothing more than a warm-up, and chaos is yet to be unleashed....

Here is how the health and energy of all Pokemon is looking right now!:
        Spoiler:- slightly large image:

Orders to be PMed to Bakphoon as before, and in case of his PM box being filled (0.00001% chance of happening) they may be PMed to me instead.

For balance's sake, the off type damaging moves do not consume more energy than usual, with effect from the beginning of the match.
    Last edited by RzK; 25th June 2016 at 11:09 AM.

Round Two : This Is What I Call Chaos

Fire blast lucario into pieces!
    Close combat to Lucario.
    lucario, use earthquake
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingjustgo
    Electivire, Thunder Punch on Slowbro
    The second round begins, all the four Pokemon on the field are pumped up and ready to face each other.

Electivire darts in as quickly as possible, electrifying his fists and throwing a hard Thunder Punch on to Slowbro, which is a solid hit, and Slowbro cries out in pain. Luckily, the Thunder Punch does not paralyze him.

Following Electivire, Lucario prepares to shake the ground to cause an Earthquake, but suddenly Gallade closely hurls himself up to Lucario, and starts violently punching him. Punch after punch, he finishes his ruthless onslaught, Lucario is down on the ground... Gallade pauses, breathless. The Close Combat has left him very vulnerable to attacks, the attacker is right in front of him, and now the attacker has managed to get up...

Gallade barely has time to get away, before Lucario unleashes a monstrous, Swords Dance-boosted Earthquake, with Gallade bearing the full brunt of it. The move hits everybody, Electivire takes a hard blow from this move and shouts in pain, while Slowbro is hit as well.

Lucario looks pleased with his attack, but turns to find Slowbro compressing a large flame and aiming it directly on him. The blast of Fire envelops Lucario, who slumps to the ground, having braved a second super-effective hit in the same round.

Meanwhile the third Earthquake in this match having happened, and having been much more brutal seems to have affected even the surroundings of the battlefield. While the audiences are blissfully unaware, hooked to this unpredictable match, the bald old men are very much concerned, and are looking at the cracks on the walls around them...

Gallade and Slowbro used powerful moves in both rounds, and would love to have a breather in the next round, although they can still manage one more high power attack. Electivire is totally fresh, but he took a huge hit this round, not that it discourages him. Lucario is in a worse condition than before. He has taken too much damage, but fortunately for him, he still possesses the attack boost, and does not need a breather next round, which is not good news for his opponents.

Here is how the health and energy of all Pokemon is looking right now!:
        Spoiler:- Bars:

Orders to be PMed to Bakphoon. If his PM Box is full, PM them to RzK.
    Last edited by Bakphoon™; 25th June 2016 at 2:58 PM.

If you have time: kindly vote on this poll!
    http://www.strawpoll.me/10576541

Ima get on the standby list.

Sinnoh, Electric and Sun & Moon

Is it just me or is mr.mime64 the vanillite1 of the Face-Offs?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenUnfezant View Post
    Ima get on the standby list.

Sinnoh, Electric and Sun & Moon
    You are accepted. Added to the standby list.

Heyyyy Imma join :3
    1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and Moon

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by DiaRubyTandem View Post
    Heyyyy Imma join :3
    1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and Moon
    Accepted, and added to the standby list.

Round 3: Post-Chaos Quiet

Lucario, use drain punch on electivire
    Leaf blade slowbro.
    Slowbro, slack off!
    Electivire protects
    Lucario, having been emboldened by hitting Electivire hard last round, decides that Electivire should be targeted more often. He dashes towards Electivire, his fist glowing white.

Meanwhile, Gallade's arm blades glow a leafy green and he heads dangerously towards Slowbro.

Lucario nears his opponent, who looks back at him, seemingly unperturbed. Closing his eyes, Lucario swings his arm forward, hoping to feel rejuvenated by the Draining power of the Punch he's going to land...only to find that his attack has been blocked by another protective energy shield made by Electivire. Disappointed, Lucario moves away, while Electivire keeps up his Protect.

Gallade strikes Slowbro hard with the enlarged blades, who evidently seems to have been hit hard, because he is stumbling, and reeling from all the powerful hits he has recently faced. Gallade quickly assumes a defensive pose, expecting Slowbro to retaliate, but all he sees is Slowbro trudging away to an empty corner of the battlefield, and taking a nap.

The bald old men heave a sigh of relief, as nothing untoward happened in this round...however, the Psychic type Pokemon belonging to them seem restless and uneasy, particularly an Espurr, who seems to be concentrating on something unseen by most of the people and Pokemon surrounding it.

Looking at Slowbro slacking off, Gallade realises that he too, is quite exhausted, and must go a round without exerting himself, if he has to win this. Lucario barely did anything, and is totally fresh. Electivire used a fair amount of energy in Protect, but is still energetic enough for one big move. Slowbro will wake up at the beginning of the next round, refreshed.

Espurr suddenly snaps back to reality, and smirks.

This is how the battlefield is looking right now!:

This is the health/energy status of the battlers:

Spoiler:- big:

All orders to be sent to Bakphoon via PM. If his PM Box is full, send them to RzK instead.
    Last edited by RzK; 26th June 2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Fixed accidental double post.

Announcement: From tomorrow onwards I am going to be busy because of school, so you can expect reffings once or twice a week.

Round 4: Changes Everything

Slowbro, flood the battlefield with widespread surf!
    Electivire Low Sweeps Lucario
    Lucario, use thunder punch on slowbro
    Double team across the face of the arena.

The battlefield lies ravaged and cracked by the Earthquakes of the previous rounds. Fortunately, nothing large-scale happened in the last round, and it is still somehow holding up, as are the walls of the entire building. The bald old men tremble, fearing another huge attack could happen anytime, and completely obliterate the battlefield, but the show still must go on...

Electivire roars and heads straight for Lucario, and strikes him in the ankles, which is very painful for his opponent. Lucario is in a critical situation now and with Electivire's low sweep, Lucario's movement is severely hindered.

Gallade tries to be evasive this round, moving quickly and creating several illusory copies. Lucario manages to get up somehow, and charge his fist with electricity. Limping, he reaches his target, Slowbro, and knowing that he might not survive for long, decides to put all his power into the Thunder Punch right at the Water-type's face. The close-range, attack-boosted, super-effective hit manages to knock Slowbro back several steps.

Slowbro shakes his head, pulls himself together, and tries to recall the move he must use...right. Slowbro waves his arms around, and suddenly creates a huge wave of water, that starts from his corner and proceeds to wash away the whole battlefield, Electivire, Lucario, Gallade and his multiple copies, and which wrecks the whole building.

The Psychic type Pokémon move fast, using Psychic to move the audience and Pokémon away to safety, out of the building, and as the last person floats out from the doorway, the building collapses.

"The show must go on! It must!" shouts one of the bald old men, but few people hear him from the commotion and racket of terrified people in this street of Castelia City. Soon, the number of people reduces and all those who are left are the trainers, their Pokémon, and the bald old men accompanied by the Psychic types, standing on the street, near the ruined building.

One of the men speaks up, the trainers and Pokemon look up to find him sitting on the back of a floating Mega Alakazam. His colleagues are also similarly in the air. "Folks, don't worry about the destruction, it's on us. You are on one of the lesser populated streets of Castelia, no one is about, they all evacuated the buildings. Let us carry on with the match! Beware of falling buildings though."

Here is how the health of the Pokemon is looking right now!:
        Spoiler:- big:

All orders to be sent to Bakphoon or RzK.

Contact RzK for any queries about the battle arena.

Be sure to read the part at the end.

Round 5: I Can't Think Of A Title

Electivire protects
    Lucario, use rest
    Signal beam slowbro.
    Slowbro, shadow ball on gallade.
    Electivire starts off the round and creates a Protective energy shield around himself, preventing him from taking any damage. However doesn't seem to have worked well for him since nobody seems to be targeting him.

Gallade fires a peculiar, sinister beam of light directly at to Slowbro, who seems to be affected a lot by the super-effective attack.

Lucario slips behind a building, takes a deep breath, and decides to relax. He seems to be have fallen into deep slumber and recovering his health. It looks like he may not wake up for three rounds.

Going last, Slowbro returns Gallade the favour of the Signal Beam, forming a ball of ghostly energy. He fires the shadowy blob onto Gallade, which bursts and damages Gallade. Something about the attack seems to have affected Gallade, who waves his arms, trying to figure out what it is.

Spoiler:- Slightly large image:

Here is how the health of all Pokemon is looking right now!:
        Spoiler:- Big:

Nothing much happens this round. The bald old men decide to tell the combatants about their battlefield...

"Congratulations, battlers, the live feeds all over the world are garnering a phenomenal response! We have just decided to make things little more exciting, seeing that this was a dull round. You have already been told, this place is an evacuated corner of the city, yes? You may cause devastation all you want, it's on us. So let us tell you about these buildings.

The buildings are not on a solid foundation. A solid move used on them may cause any of these to lean and move, and further attacks may cause them to fall down, and if they fall on any battler, you bet, it will hurt.

All the Pokémon are capable of climbing these buildings thanks to the metallic bars we have covered them in. These bars conduct both heat and electricity.

There are no bars on the rooftops, although it may look like it. The rooftops are safe, but aiming special attacks from the rooftop will not be easy.

Instruct your Pokémon to climb the buildings, and they will. They will take a round to reach the rooftop though. That's all, folks! Good luck!"

EDIT: To clarify: You can't use a move if you order your Pokémon to climb a building, and vice versa. The Pokémon may fall off if hit by a powerful move while climbing. If you want to change your orders after this edit, you may, by PMing me about it.
    Last edited by RzK; 27th June 2016 at 5:00 PM. Reason: Clarification about climbing at the end.

I will give this a try

1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and Moon
    Click on the image below to visit my blog! The image will link you the latest article! If there is something you would like me to write about feel free to let me know! If you like to be updated on when new articles are posted, please let me know

Other articles:
    1. Individualization Featuring New Avengers 5 & 6
    2. Discussion Time: Two Iron Men?
    3. Comics to Movies: The Infinity Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Walrus View Post
    I will give this a try

1. Sinnoh
    2. Electric
    3. Sun and Moon
    Not accepted. Kindly check the OP once again, the questions have been changed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast