Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *~roses are red, violets are blue...~* The Cavaliershipping Thread

Default *~roses are red, violets are blue...~* The Cavaliershipping Thread

Welcome to the Cavaliershipping Shipping Thread!

X

As the old thread died, I decided to create a new thread for Cavaliershipping! Credit to Chelc for the thread title idea. Hopefully this time, this thread will be more active than the last one, so if you like Cavaliershipping, here is the place to discuss it!

SHIGERU OOKIDO/GARY OAK

Gary (Japanese name: Shigeru) has been Ash's rival since childhood. He used to be extremely arrogant and competed for the same goal as Ash (to be a Pokemon Master and win Pokemon Leagues). Ever since Ash defeated Gary in the Silver Conference, Gary had calmed down with his ego and is now a researcher just like his grandfather, Professor Oak.

HIKARI/DAWN

Dawn (Japanese name: Hikari) is the newest girl to join Ash on his journey. She is travelling around Sinnoh, partaking in contests in the hopes of becoming a great co-ordinator just like her mother. Dawn is very optimistic and looks to the future and doing her best not to look back on the past. Her catchphrase is "No Need to Worry!" (Japanese: Daijoubu!) Hikari is very girly and likes to dress up in outfits like her cheerleader costume and her maid dress.

CAVALIERSHIPPING

If you hadn't figured it out, Cavaliershipping is in short, Gary x Dawn! So why do I support this shipping? Well, we already know that Dawn really admires Gary for being a great researcher, for being Professor Oak's grandson and for being a great poet (from her perspective anyway XD). So, is it just a relationship of the veteran and the less-experienced admirer?

I don't think so. Even if Dawn may not be on the same level as Gary as a trainer, she can still be an equal to him. She isn't just a fangirl and I think Gary would be able to see that. Dawn does act like she's better than she really is as a trainer, but so what? Gary was like that once too. If the two got to know each other, I wouldn't be too surprised if they had a lot more in common than they realise.

Anyway, they're both pretty optimistic, confident trainers who generally have a good idea of what they're doing in life. Both aspire to be as great as their star relatives (for Gary, Professor Oak, for Dawn, Johanna - Grand Festival Winner).

Yeah, they're pretty similar but so what? Does every couple have to be an opposite attraction to be interesting? Well, guess what? Cavaliershipping isn't based off the opposites attracts thing! It's a shipping where both characters will have plenty in common, a good understanding and levelling with each other, and I believe that this sort of couple lasts longer than opposite attraction couples!

*is a guilty Multishipper who loves opposites attracts a lot too, but that's not the point!*

If you want to find out more about Cavaliershipping, may as well take a look at this page... NOW: Bulbapedia: Cavaliershipping

Okay, I made a pretty long post and could be thinking too deeply into this shipping, but hey, isn't that what all shippers do? So, if you're a Cavaliershipping fan like me, WELCOME TO THE THREAD AND HAVE FUN POSTING!

RULES

1. All SPPF Rules apply. You should also read the Shipping FAQ and Rules if you have not done so already as well.
    2. If it is your first time posting here, please remember to give a few reasons why you like/support Cavaliershipping or if you don't like/support it, why you're posting here.
    3. Please use spoiler tags when talking about the Japanese episodes that have not been dubbed yet.
    4. If you are going to post fanart, remember to link back to the artist's website! Do not post fanart without giving credit to the original artist!
    5. Please keep your posts more than one line long.
    6. No bashing of any kind will be tolerated.
    7. Respect others' opinions when it comes to debating, etc.
    8. Enjoy your time here and again, WELCOME TO THE CAVALIERSHIPPING THREAD!

Member List
    Mel-Girl (Owner)
    Krys
    BlankAsPaper
    DaveTheFishGuy
    Chelc (Owner)
    riolulu
    BitterSweetSilverRose1197
    C.Gholy
    xxBlackyxx
    WolfGirl23
    flaremaster
    Araleon
    Yoshi-Kun

Fan Creations (fanfiction, fanart, etc...)
    All the pictures I have posted in this post are from Photobucket.
    ashyketchumsavloy - 1 2 3 4 5
    http://logic.namidaame.com/top.html - Go to this site too! It's got JP Cavalier fanarts. =D I'll link them later.

Okay, first topic! Why do you support Cavaliershipping?
    Last edited by Mel-Girl; 6th September 2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Updating member list

Cute and very interesting. Especially if Gary's in it (guilty fangirl). Blubapedia is getting me hooked with its hints!

Why not? It seems like fun and is fun! Alrightie, topic:

Why do you support Cavaliershipping?

Because of this one image in my head: Hikari becoming Shigeru's cheerleader. (When he still had them.) And when he let them all go, Hikari wouldn't leave and get all pouty. She follow Shigeru everywhere and become his stalker. Then, in rage, Shigeru would take her on a date. And whilst on that date, he'd realise that this girl is O.K. and go on more date in which romance would stem. Pretty soon, he'd confess his love to her. I can imagine Hikari saying to Shigeru constantly: "Daijoubu, Shigeru!" and Shigeru getting reaaaal miffed. OR, maybe one day Shigeru enters a contest for the heck of it, and ends up facing Hikari. He womps her sorry little bottocks. She'll get really sad and he'll comfort her. Then he'll offer to take her out to a fancy resturant and you know the drill. Also, they do have a lot of stuff in common. But, overall it seems very, very cute 'ship and I would like to join. I'm done now.

Oh yeah, love the title. = 3
    Last edited by BlankAsPaper; 30th July 2008 at 3:08 AM.

What the hell, right? I may as well wade into this....

Well, it was introduced to me by a friend of mine, via his fic. After reading a few more, and seeing the Sheildon ep, I thought that they worked really well together. I especially like the notion of Dawn becoming Gary's cheerleader if he ever took up competetive battling again.

Also, the way Dawn fangirls over him just because she assumes he's a great poet like his grandfather is really cute.

I suck at stuff like this. All I'll finish with is that this is my fave Dawn Ship, ahead of Appeal and Belle, and probably my 3rd fave Ship overall, after Advance and Chiko.

I don't get the title reference........ {is dense as hell}

Should be a good thread!
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless
    because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin?
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Count me in. I love Cavaliershipping!! Even if it's not very likely to happening, it's adorable and one of my favorite shippings sorry, Penguinshipping, I still love you *SHOT*. I love how excited Hikari got at the end of DP045 when Shigeru recited a haiku, rofl. I loled at Shigeru's reaction to her asking him about poetry, too. He was like ... XD They never really interacted that much in both episodes, but when they did I enjoyed it. Hopefully he keeps showing up and we get more Cavaliershipping.

Dawn already fangirls him, so that's one reason. I'm thinking even though Gary is kind of wtf? towards her and thinks she's kind of weird sometimes, he secretly thinks she's cute. I can imagine Dawn annoying him while he's trying to do lab work, and getting really POed, but at the same time, really liking it. They're just a fun pairing to support when you think about their personalities and put them into situations together. Plus, you can't deny that they look good together. /lolshallow And that's pretty much it from me.

This has got to be the cutest ship ever! They look graet together, gotta love that blue and brown coloring. And their personalities are a perfect match! Dawn, who idolizes him, and probably will bother him to death by nearly stalking him by following him around and asking him all kinds of questions like an interveiwer if she ever met him. Gery, who's stuck up and would act like he's too good for her and play hard to get just to se her get ticked off. =D they're the perfect match ever!

Nice thread, Mel-Girl! This is definetly being added to my Big Bad List Of Ships!

~riolulu

OoH might I be able to join?
    Why do you support Cavaliershipping
    Well for starters Dawn is headstorng like Gary ws at the beggining(sp?) and it seems that how she admires in for being Oak's grandson(and a good poet in her point of view)
    Oldrivialshipping**Respectshipping

Gary is hot and Dawn is pretty, so they look great together. And thar episdoe of Gary in Sinnoh, he seemed fond of Dawn and Dawn was also fond of him as well.

My fanfic - One night
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=309317

Fan arts from my friend Josh http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com
    Art is ashyketchumsavloy's
    http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com/a...L-Art-58272088
    http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com/a...etter-57631061
    http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com/a...Alone-52976227
    http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com/a...-Dawn-62172095
    http://ashysavloy38.deviantart.com/a...-Gary-52182992

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

It's a little of a fangirly relationship, but I like that Dawn idolizes Gary and they both have famous relatives,they have different interests but can still go together, researcher and coordinator. What convinced me is the fact that Dawn is a cheerleader and Gary used to have hordes of them! They look cute together since as C.Gholy mentioned Gary is hot and Dawn is pretty.

Since I have my odd obsesion of posting topics:

If Shigeru was to dedicate a poem to Hikari, how would it go?

'Cause Hikari got excited over his poem, like Chelc said. I guess it's an okay topic, right? And I'll answer it later, due to my extreme laziness.

@C.Gholy: thanks for posting those fanarts!!! They are all amazing!!

if Gary were to dedicate a poem to Dawn, how would it go?

Um....something like...comparing dawn and her pokemon?? I don't know. I an terrible with poetry...sorry!

I am glad that this ship has so many supporters! I am surprised that there wasn't a thread made until now! I would write more...but I'm on the iTouch. Cya round!

~riolulu

If Gary were to decicate a poem to Dawn, how would it go

The truth is..............I DON'T KNOW
    Sorry I'm not the best if poems are into it sorry but maybye about her pokemon or herself *shrugs*
    Oldrivialshipping**Respectshipping

-flops around like a fish and jumps on the thread like a monkey on a banana-

Oh my freakin' gosh.

I love whoever made this thread. I freaking love CavalierShipping.

if Gary were to dedicate a poem to Dawn, how would it go?

Gary's smart, so I think he'll have some big words that I can't think of right now because I don't have a dictionary handy.

Shadow Victini

Wow, sure getting the replies in. YES! XD I knew there were fans out there!

Krys - You know what's even better? Watching the episodes! XD Especially the Shieldon one. She seems really interested in him there, what with the fangirling and being worried about him and stuff... Gotta love it. XD

BlankAsPaper - If you read my post correctly, I meant that I liked it because it wasn't complete Opposite Attracts. Did I have a typo in my psot that made you think it was? Hmmm... Yeah, I can imagine those scenarios too. I always thought that he'd secretly like all the fangirling but he has too much ego to make it obvious that he likes it.

DaveTheFishGuy - The title reference is because Shigeru's grandfather makes haikus and poems and stuff and Hikari thinks that Shigeru makes up poems and stuff too. Like he says something and she thinks it's a poem, then she spazzes over him. That clear up the title business? Yes, I love watching the Shieldon ep, but only for Shigeru and Hikari fluff. XD

Chelc - We have such a thing for supporting ships that require certain characters to show up, don't we? *Cavalier, Penguin, IronWill...* But I totally agree you with you on what you said. I think Cavalier needs more interaction. After all, Cavalier's got great characters to work with and their interaction is fun to watch, so moar Cavalier... =3

riolulu - Yup, I agree. It's one of the best Hikari ships. It's a shame that it hasn't got a bigger fanbase than it deserves... Or do I just like underrated Hikari ships?? Haha, thanks for the thread comment. Spent a lot of time typing up the first page. Big Bad List of ships...? Oh yes, I've seen that! If I made a list, I wonder if it would beat out your list... Hmmm... Pondering, pondering... Oh and by the way, there was a thread on this but it died and for ages, no one made a thread. So I happily started one up again. XD

BitterSweetSilverRose - Yup, you can join. Speaking of which, I need to update the member list and other things in the first post... Yeah, Hikari was definitely confident. If her skills met her confidence at that stage, she'd have been like Shigeru was to begin with! XD Heheheh, I wonder how she'll react when Shigeru recites some proper like actual OMG for real poetry...

C.Gholy - Thanks for posting the links! *glomps* I'll be sure to edit the fanstuff section and add the links. Oh and I'll put aside some time to read your Cavalier fic. Yeah, Shigeru was certainly friendlier with Hikari than he had been with Satoshi's other friends... ^_^

xxBlackyxx - I made this thread! And I believe you were the person in the Lonely Shipper thread who posted something about Silver x Sapphire and I said that I liked it? XD Anyway, back to Cavaliershipping. I love Cavalier too, it's definitely one of my fave Hikari ships and probably my fave Shigeru ship!

Anywho, after my random nerdy replies... Time to answer teh topic. Well, I suppose I don't need to put why I support Cavalier do I? *points to first post* Eheheheh...

If Gary were to dedicate a poem to Dawn, how would it go?

Oh I dunno... I can imagine him being very complimentary of Hikari, but somehow putting in verses that make him seem really cool too. Plus he'd throw in any romantic word he can think of in and in the end, probably end up with a poem that wouldn't make sense to anyone, though Hikari would somehow understand and go all, "OMG YES!" over Shigeru reciting poetry again.

Oooh! A Cavaliershipping thread! Yay! *dances*

Because they look so cute together.. and it's cute how Dawn fangirls him all the time

Would Dawn even care? x] She'd just be happy to hear him write a poem! But it would be really sweet and meaningful so Dawn can think about over and over again in her head (after the realization Gary made a poem!).
    Last edited by WolfGirl23; 30th July 2008 at 1:55 AM. Reason: I pressed enter too early xD
    asdfghjkl; GEN?! <3

stickwitu(:

Ah yes, I speed-read it. *Shakes head* Speed-reading always get me in trouble! I need to go edit my post.... But anyways! The topic at hand!

It would be really meaningful, and surprisingly deep. Something like:

If roses are red, and violets are blue,
    And if sugar is sweet and so are you,
    And maybe every rose has it's thorn,
    But I know an angel who was born without a scorn,
    And her name's Hikari,
    Not Pikari,
    But I'd like to call her mine,
    Maybe even my Valentine,
    And I love her,
    And when I met her nothing would stay as they were,
    And her name's Hikari,
    Not Pikari,
    Let that be true,
    Hikari, I love you.

Hikari proceeds to glomp Shigeru.

Anywho, I'm off to edit my post.

new topic! Quote time!

How would each character react to their new relationship?

May:
    Ash:
    Brock:
    Max:
    Prof. Oak:
    Zoey:
    Misty:

feel free to add or take out characters!

EDIT: rank uppp!

~riolulu

Sweet, topic. Come on, keep posting here guys or I'll hunt you down. Actually, I probably won't, but I like to think that I will.

Satoshi: Hikari did fangirl him and all but uh... Shigeru's going to commit to having a girlfriend?! *shocked face*
    Haruka: *dancing around* I'm happy for her! But who's Shigeru? I better meet him and make sure he's good enough for her!
    Kasumi: Ditto with Haruka?
    Takeshi: No way, Shigeru beat me to a girlfriend. *sighs in relief* At least, it wasn't Satoshi who beat me, because that would be real shame.
    Kengo: Uh... I think Pikari can do better...? *shifty eyes* *blush*
    Nozomi: I suppose Hikari made a decent choice. *shrugs* But he'll be hearing from me if he breaks her heart.
    Ayako: *sighs* I hoped my daughter would date a co-ordinator but ah well... At least he's good looking!
    Professor Oak: I think my grandson made a fine choice. Though he better not get too distracted from his research.

Wow, I'd never done topics like that one. That was kinda fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel-Girl View Post
    Sweet, topic. Come on, keep posting here guys or I'll hunt you down. Actually, I probably won't, but I like to think that I will.

Satoshi: Hikari did fangirl him and all but uh... Shigeru's going to commit to having a girlfriend?! *shocked face*
    Haruka: *dancing around* I'm happy for her! But who's Shigeru? I better meet him and make sure he's good enough for her!
    Kasumi: Ditto with Haruka?
    Takeshi: No way, Shigeru beat me to a girlfriend. *sighs in relief* At least, it wasn't Satoshi who beat me, because that would be real shame.
    Kengo: Uh... I think Pikari can do better...? *shifty eyes* *blush*
    Nozomi: I suppose Hikari made a decent choice. *shrugs* But he'll be hearing from me if he breaks her heart.
    Ayako: *sighs* I hoped my daughter would date a co-ordinator but ah well... At least he's good looking!
    Professor Oak: I think my grandson made a fine choice. Though he better not get too distracted from his research.

Wow, I'd never done topics like that one. That was kinda fun!
    That is very intresting

Anyways, i'd like to join, I just love Dawn and Gary togethger!

This ship isn't loved enough

ima answer my own topic because:

^ I totally agree with you! ^

May: aaaw! You two are cute together! And this time you didn't take someone i love!
    Ash: woah, Gary...and Dawn? that one's new...
    Brock: oh no...Gary got a girlfriend before me??
    Max: ...who are theese people?
    Prof. Oak: aaw, very nice!
    Zoey: ...she's straight...?
    Misty: that's cute! ^_^

~riolulu

ima answer my own topic because:

^ I totally agree with you! ^

May: aaaw! You two are cute together! And this time you didn't take someone i love!
    Ash: woah, Gary...and Dawn? that one's new...
    Brock: oh no...Gary got a girlfriend before me??
    Max: ...who are theese people?
    Prof. Oak: aaw, very nice!
    Zoey: ...she's straight...?
    Misty: that's cute! ^_^

~riolulu

Mel: Yes, we do...haha, unfortunate for us, though. Hopefully all three of them show up sometime soon. Since we just got a Gary episode, I guess we can't expect him for a while. Who knows, though, with the writers. DP is full of surprises. ;D

LOL I can't write poems. Well, I can. But. Maybe I'll try to write one in Gary's POV for Dawn later.

May: Oh, yay! I only know what Ash told me of you, Gary, so I don't know you very well, but you seem like a good guy. Good luck to you both!
    Ash: Uh...good for you guys! Yeah! Two of my best friends together! It couldn't be better!
    Brock: *dies* GARY, HOW DO YOU DO IT? SHOW ME THE WAY TO A GIRLS HEART! Teach me how to write poetry! T_T
    Max: Er, I barely know you guys...but...May will hit me if I don't tell you congrats, so...congrats!
    Prof. Oak: See, Gary - you can always win a girl over with a haiku.
    Zoey: Well, he is Professor Oak's grandson, so I guess he's good enough for you, Dawn... if he breaks your heart, though, he'll never hear the end of it.
    Misty: Ash, you're traveling with another girl?! Why didn't you tell me?! But, uh, congratulations, you two! I know Gary has matured quite a bit since I last saw him, and though I don't know you very well yet, Dawn, I'm sure you two will make a great couple!

Ooh! Cavaliershipping! Probably my favorite of the Dawn shippings. Definitely my favorite Gary shipping.

Why do you like Cavaliershipping?

Hmm... I'm not sure why actually. Lol, it just hit me one day that they'd be cute together. And she seemed to really like him in the Shieldon episode pics. I still haven't seen that episode... My little brother was hoping Ah would catch the heildon since he didn't get Hippopotas, but low and behold he then got Chimchar. Plus, they seem like the kinda couple that would picture perfect. No big fights. Probably no breakups. I actually can't see Gary with anyone else. And if Dawn can't be with Gary, she cold go to Kenny, I suppose.

Hmm... I don't know, but the poem on the first page by BlankAsPaper was really good.

Hmm... Well, or this, suppose that Misty knows aabout Dawn via talking to Ash over the phone. And Dawn and Ash have both told May about Gary, so she knows who he is, and Misty knows who she is. K?

Ash: .......... wha? Dawn and Gary? They liked each other?
    May: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEH!!!!!!! YAY! Congrats Dawn! Nice pick, ;D
    Misty: Aww, how cute! Congrtaulation you two. Now if onlya certain trainer would realize...
    Oak: Eh? Well, it' about time Gary settled down and found a nice young lady!
    Brock: NO!!!!! Gary got a girl before me? Oh well... Good job, dude!
    Johanna: Hmm... He better treat my little girl right. I already worry enough about her...
    Max: Um... yay?
    Tracey: Good, good, just, don't let this afect your research Gary! The professor told me to tell you that.
    Kenny: Eh, she could do better...
    Zoey: She could do worse, but if he hurts you!
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    Hmm... I don't know, but the poem on the first page by BlankAsPaper was really good.
    Thanks! I thought it sucked....

May: So that Dawn found a guy, eh?
    Ash: So Gary, gonna start contests now, hmmm?
    Brock: Whaat? No love for the Brock-ster?
    Max: .....
    Prof. Oak: This isn't one of those cheerleader "flings" is it? Good.
    Zoey: .....Pyaah...No taste....
    Misty: Helloooooooo? I'm single & I'm successful! I neeeed looove!

---

Meh.

So I was watching the Gligar episode today (rofl for some reason I didn't see that episode right away???), and decided to take screenshots.

Spoiler:- DP spoilers:

We need more life in here, srsly. Come on now, guys. =<
    New topic: When Gary shows up again, what kind of interactions would you like for he and Dawn to have?

I'll answer later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast