Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Civil War (RPG Thread)

Shirou started. That was one loud voice. He swerved around to see Strom roaring loudly, in an attempt to call the soldiers to order. Reluctantly, he turned around and rejoined the rebels who were waiting below him.

Standing between Vahn and Strom, Shirou waited for their leaders to speak.

=====

Klaw the MirageGaogamon looked down from his perch in the tree branches. Below him, the rebels were assembling in front of Apollo and Artemis. He gracefully hopped down from where he stood, and landed behind a certain Knightmon.

He crossed his arms as he listened to the Apollomon and Dianamon's announcement.

Bah, let's just get to fighting some more Dramon already! Sheesh, he thought, half-listening to his leaders.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Vahn didn't give a hay to what was being said by his superiors (most if not all of them were there), or the gathering of survivors. All he knew is, they won. At least temporarily. And well, he never was the listening type. More of the one giving the orders. Of course, this attitude would likely get in trouble--yet this Kyuukimon always finds a way to get around...

He grabbed the cloth tied around his belt and used it to wipe off the soot and other junk off his blades. "Bah, I didn't even get to show 'em much." He murmured to himself. "If only I was offensive I could've... mumble mumble..."

Then something gave a chill down Vahn's spine. It came from just looking at his belt once more as he was about to put the kerchief back. It took a few seconds to realize he had lost something: something he holds really close.

"Blast!" He cried with a stomp of foot. "Where did my badge go?!" Now he smacked his head, and proceeded to look for where he battled from the high area. It was likely he lost it there, in the woods. But would the group let him just let him leave on short notice? Fat chance. "........... Idiot." He scratched his head. "Getting so worked up over that little thing. I'll just get another one after this cursed war..." The Kyuukimon looked at the sky again as the data kept floating. "... Huh, I wonder how the Celestial Sphere's gonna let me back..."
    Ummm hi I'm probably not here anymore...! Though I visit maybe once or twice every few years. Please catch me on AIM or Twitter if you really want to see me! It's right on my profile. Later!

(This is only to keep us going; seeing as how we haven't had a poster in a while)

Klaw listened silently as Apollo and Artemis began calling out orders. They were to move out soon, as far away from this place as possible, and fast. Heh. Fast. If they needed something done fast, then Klaw was their guy. However, he was new to this group of rebels, and no one knew of his speed quite yet.

"Ha," he muttered under his breath, "Daehak didn't seem so tough. He fled as soon as he was in a dire situation, and Imego left soon after. I wasn't even a part of that battle. They put me on a defense squad. Jeez...I didn't get to see any of the action."

Shirou overheard the MirageGaogamon, and swerved around, saying, "Yeah, well, you didn't fight him and his cronies head-on, like we did."

"Whatever."

Apollo and Artemis met with their three Commanders; Arahon the Alphamon, Braon the Justimon, and Goliath the BanchoLeomon. The two Rebel Leaders had relocated the Rebellion's soldiers to a chain of islands within the territorial borders of the Oceanic Coalition. For the moment, the Rebellion was secure; under the protection of Poseidon the Neptunmon and his coalition, the Rebellion was safe to recuperate and collect their forces. But Apollo was not so satisfied with waiting.

"How dare they?!" the fiery Olympian snarled. "Those dragon scum think they can attack us in our home! The arrogance of those beasts!"

"Calm down, Apollo," said Artemis. "We managed to turn them back, that loss of morale alone will be a crushing blow for the Empire's troops, and the morale boost for ours is a great boon. They were fools to attack us on our own soil."

"We need to focus on regrouping and reorganizing," said Arahon. "We need to gather and prepare our forces. We took some heavy losses; we need to reorganize units, supplement troops, and procure a new headquarters."

"I'm sick of sitting around and waiting!" snarled Goliath. The bestial warrior slammed his fist against the wall angrily. "We should take the fight to them. Raze their cities and make them run in terror."

"Indeed," said Apollo. "We need to strike back now."

"Apollo, listen to yourself," Artemis admonished. "We just went over how foolish it was for the Dramon Empire to attack us where we had knowledge of the terrain and now you want to go and return the stupidity?"

"The Dramon Empire cannot continue to believe that they can simply trample over us," said Apollo. "We need to hit them with something so devastating, that they can never recover."

"Lord Apollo, if such a strike was possible, we would have done so already," said Braon. "Lady Artemis and Arahon are right; we need to focus on recovery, not far-off notions and impossibilities."

"If we sent a strike force to destroy the Three Great Dramon, the entire command structure of the Empire would be crushed and the Empire would destroy itself," growled Goliath.

"Do you have any idea of the logistics that would go into such a strike?" demanded Arahon. "We would need to train and outfit a small army in order to get anywhere near the Empire's capital."

"Not if we already had such a unit," countered Goliath.

"What are you thinking?" asked Apollo, clearly intrigued. Of all the three Commanders, it was Goliath's methods that appealed to Apollo most.

"We take some of our most qualified and specialized warriors," explained Goliath. "We get them into the heart of the Dramon Empire and they infiltrate the palace of the Three Great Dramon and slay them with a blitz assassination."

"A what?" Artemis demanded. "What kind of idiot plan is that?"

"It just might work," said Apollo. "They would never expect a move like that. If we chose our most experienced and powerful warriors, then we could pull this off."

"I'll lead them, my lord," said Goliath with a bow. "I'll have a team assembled within the hour."

"Apollo, I must object-" began Braon.

"No," said Apollo with a raised hand. "You have your orders, Commander Braon. Reinforce the defenses and assign new guards. Arahon, you must go to the other neutral kingdoms and try to garner their support."

"Artemis, you can't agree with this," Braon objected.

"I don't," she admitted. "But Apollo and Goliath are right; we can't keep waiting for the Dramon Empire to attack, eventually we need to take the offensive: to strike them where it hurts most."

"But-"

"Leave it, Braon," Arahon urged. "I don't like it, but Artemis is right."

"Good," said Apollo. "Get to it, you three."

The three Commanders left; Braon to reorganize the defenses and units, Arahon to prepare to meet with the other kingdoms, and Goliath to organize a strike force to take down the Three Great Dramon...

=====

Goliath stood before his assembled team: Ajax the "Ultimate Dragon Slayer," Jager and Tharor of the Anti-Dramon Unit, Ragna the Dynasmon, Karmas the Zudomon, Osiris the Anubismon, Karasu the Ravemon, Rai the Rapidmon, Strom the Spinomon, and Gaspar the MasterTyrannomon.

"I've assembled you here for a reason of utmost importance," said Goliath. "I've been ordered to bring an elite team of warriors into the heart of the Dramon Empire on an assassination mission."

"Assassination?" asked Ajax. "Who are we assassinating exactly?"

"The Three Great Dramon," Goliath answered matter-of-factly. "Poseidon has already promised us transportation to the Empire's capital by water instead of over land as would be expected. From there we'll infiltrate through the sewer system; Jager, Rai, Osiris, and Strom will hold back and be our artillery backup. We'll signal when we reach the palace of the Great Dramon and then the artillery will open fire, drawing away the attention of the Dramon Army. From there, the rest of us will attack the Great Dramon; we'll do as much damage as we can in a period of five minutes. When that time is up, our artillery support will stop their attack and head to the palace where we'll fall back into the sewer system and escape back to the ocean."

"What if five minutes isn't enough?" asked Tharor.

"We need to show the Dramon that we won't just wait for them to attack us," answered Goliath. "We need to show them that we're a force to be reckoned with, that we can fight and hurt them just as they can hurt us."

"We need to show the Three Great Dramon that they aren't invincible," Jager explained. Goliath nodded in agreement.

"Good," said Goliath. "You've got twelve hours to make your preparations. This will be a battle among battles, and everyone will need to reach the highest level of power that they can: no holding back." The BanchoLeomon looked them in the eye. "You're dismissed. Get some rest..."

=====

**Capital City of the Dramon Empire**

Imego stormed out of the grand hall of the Imperial Palace. The Three Great Dramon had spent the last six hours scolding him and blaming him for the failing attack on the rebellion. But Imego refused to take the blame for that fiasco, and the Great Dramon had then chosen to humiliate him by lecturing and berating him in front of his entire Sky Force.

The dragon knight walked briskly through the hallways of the palace, and everyone stepped out of his way; they all knew not to bother him when he was in that sort of mood. But a single figure waited for him at the end of the walkway. Ruatemn the UlforceVeedramon joined Imego.

"They didn't spare any remarks," Ruatemn said with a smirk. "But you weren't executed so they still have some use for you."

"Use for me?" Imego snarled. "I refuse to be the mere pawn of those over-gluttonous worms; without me they would be nothing! It was I who led the initial purge of the Harmonious Republic while they sat in their palace getting fat with power. If I had the power they do, I'd-"

Imego suddenly trailed off.

"Lord, what is it?" Ruatemn asked.

"I just had a brilliant idea," Imego said with a smirk. "Don't follow me."

Imego left Ruatemn wondering, and he made his way down into the depths of the Imperial Palace. He walked through the dungeons, where prisoners, dissenters, and deserters were kept; Imego sought the true prisoners of the Dramon Empire. He made his way deeper into the palace core, down a winding set of stairways to a great stone door. Imego stood before the door for a moment, admiring the intricate seals that kept out all but the most influential of beings. Imego placed a hand on the great door, and it slowly opened according to his will.

Four statues stood on the other side of the door, each one chained to the walls and floor and ceiling with powerful, unbreakable chains. Imego glanced over the statues; he eyed them with the greatest distaste.

The frozen faces of the Four Sovereigns stared back blankly.

Imego walked past the frozen visages of Ebonwumon, Zhuqiaomon, and Baihumon; he stopped before the stone form of Azulongmon, the great blue dragon. Imego placed his hand over the statue's face, and it took a mere bending of his will to awaken the sleeping dragon once more.

"Greetings, Seiryu," Imego hissed. Azulongmon groaned in pain as the stone surrounding him dissipated and he regained some of his life energies.

"Imego," the great dragon acknowledged. "You miserable fiend. Have you and your kind not humiliated me enough?"

"Are you not a dragon as well?" Imego taunted. "Of the four Sovereign, you were the only one we offered amnesty; we offered you a place in the Dramon Empire."

"You sought to disrupt the balance of the Digital World," cried Seiryu. "The role we Sovereign had in maintaining the balance is critical to the existence of the Digital World. Without us, the world will fall into ruin!"

"The Three Great Dramon are more than capable of maintaining whatever you Sovereign did and then some," Imego boasted.

"The Three Great Dramon have no idea of the powers they trifle with!"

Imego regarded Seiryu in silence for a moment before speaking, "Oh...how true. I will be the one to bring true order to the Digital World. I will surpass even the Three Great Dramon themselves. And you will help me, mighty Sovereign."

"Help you?" Seiryu asked. "You have-"

"Shut up!" Imego snarled. He reached out and grabbed one of the twelve digi-cores that circled the blue dragon. Seiryu howled in pain, but a simple wave of Imego's hand returned him to his stony state.

In his hands, Imego felt the holy power flowing from the glowing blue-white core. With that power he could finally begin...

=====

**Dramon Empire: Imperial Forge**

A single Flamedramon pounded a hammer against a golden object, forging it into a holy ring of power. Thousands of sparks flew with each beat of the hammer, and each beat sounded of thunder. The object, previously a golden Digi-Egg of Destiny had slowly become a holy ring, an object of great power.

"How apt," Imego mused as he held the core taken from Azulongmon. "The golden elemental of Destiny will be what finally brings me to ultimate power."

A final strike of the hammer signaled the completion of the Flamedramon's work. He held the burning ring aloft and bowed before Imego. Without hesitation, Imego took the still-burning ring and slipped it over his hand and around his wrist. The burning metal seared to his armor, creating a perfect seal. Then he placed the glowing blue-white core in a specially placed recess in the ring. The ring began to glow a blinding white, spreading throughout the entire forge.

"Mode Change...Paladin Mode!"

Imego reveled in the power at his fingertips as his change took place. The ring on his arm had reformatted into a mighty white sword, and Imego himself was clad in white armor befitting his new station of power. Imego held his sword aloft and marveled at his new power.

"My Lord Imego," Ruatemn said, announcing his arrival. "We've just received word from our spy within the rebellion of a plot to assassinate the Three Great Dramon."

"Is that so?" Imego mused.

"Should we warn Lord Daehak?" asked Ruatemn.

"No," Imego answered. "Allow the rebels their attempts; allow them to draw off Daehak's forces. I wish to test my new power. Move the Three Great Dramon from the capital, tell them there might be an attempt on their life and that I am taking care of it."

"Yes, my Lord."

"Oh, and Ruatemn," said Imego.

"Yes?"

"Assemble the Dragon Knights..."

Ragna stood on the top of a rock on the island closest to the mainland. He looked out over at the land and he could pick out the grim figures of sentinel towers, placed in case of a sea attack.

"Dramon scum," he muttered "I'm coming." He clenched one of his mighty fists and crushed a rock gripped in his palm effortlessly.

"Something on your mind?" a voice asked. Ragna turned to acknowledge the question and saw Osiris.

"I heard some reports that a Valkyrimon made to Braon after the battle," he replied "she said that she had fought an UlforceVeedramon called Ruatemn. Back before the war I was the leader of a group of mercenaries and I had an UlforceVeedramon as my second in command. When the war started, he joined the Dramon Empire and tried to force me into joining. He left me with these." He showed the Anubismon his scratched bracer.

"Whats the problem then?" Osiris asked.

"If I do have to fight Ruatemn and it does turn out that he was my second in command, I'm wondering if I'd have the guts to actually kill him," Ragna explained "and I'm part dragon anyway. I have that chance to become a part of the Dramon Empire. Someday, I might have to make that choice again. And I might not refuse."

"I've heard that Dynasmon are stubborn," Osiris said reluctantly "but I think that if thats true, you won't betray the rebellion. As for Ruatemn, just do what your heart tells you. Its never let me down." Ragna growled slightly, unsatisfied with the answer, and leapt into the air, flying back to the collection of tents that was the temporary camp.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

"Alright!" exclaimed Rai the Rapidmon, dashing past Karasu the Ravemon as they headed back to prepare for departure, "Finally, a mission worthy of my awesomeness! Hahahaha..."

Karasu sighed. "It's just a stupid assassination mission..." he murmured, stretching his wings, "I don't see why I have to go...I've got better things to do..."

"Yeah? Like what, Lazy-Bird?!" Rai interrupted, smirking.

"Like sleeping...or cloud-counting..." Karasu replied, looking up at the sky, "Besides, I'm no good at this kind of thing...Why can't they send someone more...energetic? You know, like that Grademon, or something..."

"Ha! You're afraid to be upstaged by me, aren't you?!" Rai mocked, hurrying past the Bird Mega, "Admit it! I'm faster, stronger AND handsomer than you!"

"...Whatever."

"Aaawww, come on, Karasu!" Rai shouted, disappearing in the blink of an eye, "Hurry up! You're so slow!"

Karasu shot an angry glance at Rai, who was now nearly one hundred yards away. With a flap of his wings, Karasu disappeared from sight and reappeared next to the Rapidmon. "How's that for speed?"

"Heh," Rai muttered, "Not bad...now let's see if you can do better!"

With that, the two Digimon leapt into the skies, beginning their fourth race that day...

Gaspar watched as he clutched his claws into a fist. Then, turned to the glistening Ocean. The digital waters sparkled in the sun, and the sand silently drifted off with the waves. The waves seemed to increase in velocity steadily, as if to keep in pace with the growing tension among those who would be going off to assassinate the Three Great Dramon.

"Am I up to this?" Gapsar thought to himself, he was a species that had always blurred the border between Dinosaur and Dragon. "Am I on the right side? Should I really be working for the Dramon, and not the rebels?" He remembered the Master Tyrannomon he knew back at the Sovereignty" They became Darkdramon. Yet, these thoughts soon dissipated with the memory of the Dramon attack on that desert village. Gruesome screams filled his mind. "No." Gaspar murmured to himself, "I'm not one of them.", Gaspar knew, he could never be a Dramon, could he?

"Argh, I need to shake off these thoughts." He said, there was a bit of frustration in the Dinosaur's voice. "Besides, this is Paradise. I should just sleep this whole thing off. After all, I got 12 hours before my mission, I need a break" Gaspar smiled as he let the Sands become his Mattress, and the soothing ocean sounds be his lullaby.

Ragna looked down at the islands.

"That stupid Anubismon," he growled "he doesn't get it. I lost everything becuase of this damn war and those damn Dramon. What did he lose? Nothing. Instead he got even more powerful. He doesn't know the meaning of the word loss."

"I can hear you, you know," Osiris said. Ragna nearly fell out of the sky.

"What!" he exclaimed, looking sideways. Sure enough, Osiris was hovering next to him.

"I can fly," Osiris said, rolling his eyes "loss. Stupid Digimon. What you love is never lost. You keep it with you, in your heart, and one day your friends and loved ones will return."

"Oh shut up," Ragna said "if you want to be helpful, lets have a practice fight. I haven't had a good fight for ages. All I got in that last battle was a headache from seeing so many Commandramon."

"Fine," Osiris countered. The two stood opposite each other in the air.

"Amulet Of The Ancients!" Osiris yelled, beginnign the fight. A a crystal figure appeared in front of him and a colossal yellow blast of light fired towards Ragna. The Dynasmon hurled himself upwards before extending a palm towards Osiris quickly.

"Dragon Thrower!" he cried. The red crystal set into his palm glowed before a jet of red light shot from it and impacted with Osiris, gradually pushing the Anubismon back. Ragna cut off his attack before twisitng round and extending both palms towards Osiris.

"DNA Disintergrator!" he screamed, feeling energy pulse through his body. Two blasts of red light launched themselves from his palms before twisting together into a DNA helix shape. The DNA Disintergrator impacted with Osiris, hurling the Anubismon into the ground like a piece of paper caught in a hurricane. Ragna slowly descended. He prepared to launch a final attack to get Osiris to surrender. Blue energy built up in his mouth as he prepared his Breath Of Wyvern...
    Last edited by storymasterb; 23rd November 2008 at 9:52 PM.
    [CENTER]

Just as Ragna prepared his final burst of power, a golden blur shot out from the sky and crashed into the larger Mega level Digimon, sending them both flying a few yards backward. As the Rapidmon and the Dynasmon skidded to a stop, Karasu the Ravemon landed gracefully beside Osiris and helped him up.

"Owowowowowow..." moaned Rai, rubbing his sore head, "That was a dirty trick, Karasu! Isn't there something in the Digital Book of Aerial Racing against flying through storm clouds to zap your opponent?!"

"No," Karasu replied, "And I should know. I practically wrote that book."

Rai turned to Ragna angrily. "And you," he shouted, pointing accusingly at the Dynasmon, "You dared to get in the way of my beautiful landing!"

"Beautiful landing?" Karasu smirked.

"Stay out of this, Bird-Brain!" Rai exclaimed, turning back and facing the Ravemon once again.

"Oooh, ouch."

Strom sat in the sand watching the fight take place overhead, his scaly tail waving contently back and forth. He placed his claws behind his head and sighed. "'Assassination mission'? This plan reeks of 'suicide mission'," he non-chalantly mumbled to himself. He watched the Rapidmon get hit by an attack. "There's definately a few they wouldn't mind getting rid of..."

He stood up and started walking towards the others. "I bet Braon didn't have a say in this mission; he wouldn't have come up with a plan so foolhardy. Who would have thought one of the few people I trust would be a virus buster? Oh well. Can't argue with results."

The Spinomon approached the four as inconspicuously as he could- kind of hard for a fifteen foot dinosaur, give or take. He decided to stay out of the argument and watch, grinning in amusement.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

"Maybe you should stay out of my way when I'm trying to practice!" Ragna snarled "some people are taking this seriously. We're going to take on three of the worlds strongest Digimon, Gold-face! The Three Great Dramon are going to cook you like the rabbit you are!" He stepped away before deciding to teach Rai a lesson. He turned, blue energy building in his mouth.

"Breath Of Wyvern!" he cried, releasing his most powerful attack. A huge blast of dragon shaped energy shot into the Rapidmon, easily slamming him into the ground with an immense explosion. Rai shakily stood up, preparing to retaliate.

"Thats a lesson kid," Ragna snapped "the Three Great Dramon can hit you with something ten times stronger than that. Take this seriously or they will kill you." With that he glided away again, shaking with rage.

"Four-year olds," he snarled "we're going on the most dangerous mission they could ever give us and I'm dealing with four-year olds." He stopped in mid air and looked at the black armored figure blocking his path. Arahon glared at the Dynasmon through the eye slits in his helmet.

"What were you thinking?" the commander asked "you've just attacked one of your fellow warriors. And you refer to it as a lesson."

"With all due respect, commander," Ragna spoke "they refuse to accept the nature of the mission. Once we are doing this, we'll be alone in the field. No commanders, just us. Someone needs to keep order or we have no chance. I have past leadership experience."

"You have experience with dragon Digimon," Arahon said angrily "Digimon who can take that Breath Of Wyvern and come out laughing. Don't forget Ragna, no matter what there is a dragon inside you."

"You think I can?" Ragna asked "Arahon, I lost everything becuase of that damn empire. Everything I cherished, held close, torn away by them. Friends. Comrades...." He paused as if he couldn't bear to say the next words.

"Ragna, I fully appreciate that you have suffered losses," Arahon said "but you must restrain yourself or you will hurt someone. I'm letting you off with this one, but tread carefully." With that, Arahon descended. Ragna soared higher until everything below him was beyond sight.

"I'm coming!" he yelled, looking down towards the landmass and the Dramon Empire.
    [CENTER]

((OOC: storymasterb, I would appreciate it if you didn't control Rai without my permission.))

Rai scowled at the Dynasmon as he was leaving. The Golden Armor Digimon was shaken, but not stirred (like the James Bond reference?). Rai puffed out his chest as he watched Dynasmon walk away.

"Yeah, you better run..." he muttered under his breath, "Cause I was about to be all over you like pink on a Koromon!"

Karasu laid a hand on his shoulder. "Forget about him, Goldilocks," the Bird said, "He's just too uptight. That's all."

Just then a sound reached Rai's sensitive ears. He turned and stared straight at Strom the Spinomon as he was approaching the group..."inconspicuously".

"Uuuhh...what're you doing?" Rai inquired, disappearing and reappearing next to the dinosaur Digimon, "If you're trying to be sneaky, you're not doing a very good job of it."

Strom eyed the Rapidmon warily. "Not trying to be sneaky- just trying to stay out of your little scuffle. I wouldn't want to beat you guys up TOO badly before this mission," he said with a wink and grin.

The Spinomon turned to Karasu, someone who he thought he could have a legitimate, mature conversation with, and said, "When are we leaving anyways? And what happens if something goes wrong with team involved with actually taking out the three?"

He admits that these days he's not very good at striking up conversations with others.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Seemingly Faint sounds of yells, blasts, and other assorted noises were heard as Gapsar came to a start, woken up by the seemingly not so distant noise of a fight waging on. At first, the Dinosaur thought the island was under attack, and rubbed his eyes hurridly. Yet, he his vision cleared, there was no battle, and no Dramon. Gapsar let off a low growl as he shook his head, he would have gone back to sleep, but, had a sinking feeling that he would be woken up, yet again. Instead, Gapsar looked around him, to the right, the Tents that housed the Rebels, and nearby was obviously the command center on this island. In the air, two digimon, they were too high up to make out, but, one of them soon zoomed even higher into the sky. Finally, on his left side, a bunch of Digimon, four to be exact, conversing about something. A Rapidmon, in golden armor form, a Ravemon, a Spinomon, and an Anubismon. All three of them Gapsar had seen before at the Debreifing, Gapsar didn't remember the names, but he was better with faces anyway. So, with nothing better to do, the Master Tyrannomon lurched over to the group, still feeling tired. He heard from the Spinomon as he approached ,
    "And what happens if something goes wrong with team involved with actually taking out the three?" Of course, when you live among the Paleozoic Sovereignty, you don't really develop a taste for manners. As was the case with Gapsar, as he interrupted with his own two bits,
    "I don't think we'll be taking out anyone, personally, I believe the three great Dramon are too Strong to be taken down without a huge force hitting them. Even if we can destroy them, I'm sure we won't escape with our lives." While this was a pessimisstic outlook, to Gapsar it was the grim truth, and nodded his head as he finished.

Strom craned his head to look at his dinosaurian comrade.

"I've seen more optimism in a bug underneath my foot... I'm only arty support anyways; even if you're right, chances of my group surviving is much greater. On to a more cheerful and important matter; are we eating before we get to leave?" he asked, hungrily licking his lips.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 26th November 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Goliath finished sharpening the Dan Kon katana he always carried and ritualistically drapped the gakuran jacket across his shoulders. He stared out over the calm ocean waters as a single Whamon broke the surface and cruised up onto the beach. That Whamon was to serve as their transportation into the Dramon Empire. Arahon and Artemis had dismissed his plan as a foolish, suicidal endeavor. But he believed in its success; he believed it could be done.

That is why he himself would accompany the strike force.

He stood before the assembled warriors of his strike force; Jager the MetalGarurumon, Tharor the WarGreymon, Ajax the MedievalGallantmon, Ragna the Dynasmon, Osiris the Anubismon, Karmas the Zudomon, Karasu the Ravemon, Rai the Rapidmon, Strom the Spinomon, and Gapsar the MasterTyrannomon. Goliath looked upon them with the utmost pride. They were his warriors, his trusted few; he had chosen them for their numerous talents and accomplishments.

Goliath believed in their greatness.

But even so, Goliath knew the risks he was taking with these individuals. Some of them were quite young and rather untested. Goliath knew he needed at least one individual he could depend on no matter the circumstances; he needed someone that--should the worst happen--could take over in his stead; he needed someone capable of leading the operation in his place if he fell.

For this, he chose his most trusted ally and confidant: Oberon the BlackWarGreymon. The "Black Dragon Soldier," as he was so often called, was intensity incarnate. Oberon struck fear into the hearts of every Dramon; he had the specialized weapons of Tharor, but none of the former's mercy or compassion. He was a capable leader and put the wellbeing of others before himself every time.

"This the team?" Oberon asked. Goliath nodded. "Good," said Oberon. "Let's go kill us some Dramon..."

=====

The strike team climbed inside the massive Whamon and he shuttled them through the waves towards the Dramon Empire's capital city. The city itself was by no means unimpressive. The Three Great Dramon had completed an architectural and engineering marvel.

The new Dramon Empire capital surpassed even the old capital of the Harmonious Republic in both scope and grandeur. The new city was only sparsely fortified; it was too far inland to be at serious risk for a land assault. Only the city docks were more heavily patrolled by lower-level soldiers and guards. The city outskirts were rather suburban; small dwellings and establishments had quickly sprung up with the establishment of the Empire. The further one went into the city, the more densely populated the city became, until finally, one reached the Great Palace at the center. It was medieval in its appearance. It was surrounded by imposing walls, and decorated with tall towers. The center of the palace was domed, underneath which was the throne room of the Three Great Dramon.

But in order to reach this palace, the rebel strike team would need to traverse the city's complex sewer system, and while this was indeed an unpleasant notion, it had to be done. The Whamon that carried the strike team beached itself just beyond the edges of the capital, by the pipe where the sewage discharged into the ocean. Luckily for the rebels, the sewage was treated during its path through the sewer systems, and waste products were almost immediately removed, meaning that the only thing carried through the sewers was water.

"Looks like our stop," Jager muttered. When the Whamon opened its mouth, he was the first to leap out; he had enjoyed the smell least. "Glad I don't have to go to the sewers."

"Yeah, but you don't get to take it to the Great Dramon either," Tharor reminded. "Don't worry, I'll hit them extra hard just for you."

"Fantastic," Jager said sarcastically.

"Listen up!" roared Goliath. "This is it. Jager, take Rai, Osiris, and Strom to the cliffs overlooking the city and set up whatever fortifications and cover you might need. Everyone else is with me. Gapsar, it will be your job to signal Jager's artillery to begin the attack; you'll have to digivolve and fire off an arrow into the sky. Artillery, keep your eyes open for that arrow."

"Let's do it," said Jager. He motioned to Rai, Osiris, and Strom and led them up away from the beach to the heavily wooded mountains that served as a land barrier for the capital city. It would have been very difficult to move a large force through the mountains, but the four-man team was able to traverse the terrain with ease. Even Strom, who was by far the largest of the four, was dwarfed by the giant trees and was able to maneuver through them.

Goliath led the remainder of the team into the sewer system. Tharor turned and offered the giant Whamon a wave of thanks, and the great whale turned and headed out for deeper waters, where he would wait for the rebels to return so he could ferry them back to the islands. He prepared to send a digital message to Poseidon and the rest of the Coalition, but he felt something moving just beyond his line of sight. The Whamon continued to bounce soundwaves forward, trying to make out what it was through echolocation.

Suddenly the forms of the "Seadramon Unit" came into focus. Led by a single GigaSeadramon and consisting of other Seadramon digivolution lines, the Seadramon Unit was the only threat to the Oceanic Coalition's naval superiority.

The Whamon quickly turned to flee; he couldn't even hope to survive against the power the Seadramon Unit presented. But before he could get very far, he was promptly obliterated by an energy torpedo fired by the lone GigaSeadramon.

"Should we stop the rebels?" asked one of the Seadramon.

"No," answered the GigaSeadramon. "We'll follow High Admiral Imego's orders and keep this incident to ourselves. Should any of the rebels flee back this way, we'll be waiting for them..."

=====

"Set up any defenses you'll need," Jager ordered. "Find any sort of cover that you can; and remember, there are many of them and a very few of us, so we can easily lose ourselves in the forest for a few moments to recover our bearings. Rai and I have the most extensive arsenals, but after I go all out, I need a few moments for my weaponry to reload before I can attack again. Osiris, Strom; you two will attack when I reload. When I'm set to go again, pull back and recover some of your strength. Rai, I'm counting on you to provide a steady stream of fire."

Jager turned without another word and silently waited for Gapsar's fiery arrow to signal their attack...

=====

Hardly a word was spoken as the rebel strike team navigated through the sewers: silence permeated their ranks and tension was high. Goliath and Oberon stood ahead of the group, leading them wordlessly towards their greatest and most important mission.

Ajax stood behind them, as silent as the others. He hated working team missions; he preferred to act on his own, where he wasn't responsible for the wellbeing of anyone but himself; he could live with failure that way.

Tharor walked closely behind Ajax, and the knight wondered for a moment, what the WarGreymon was thinking. Tharor had a boldly passionate and honorable code; Ajax was certain that assassination wasn't looked at too kindly by this code, and yet Tharor had fallen in line without complaint.

What Ajax didn't know, was that Tharor's code demanded as much honor from his enemies as it did from Tharor himself. When his opponents no longer acted in honorable ways, the code that drove Tharor onward demanded that he take action against them.

Goliath suddenly raised on fist, motioning for the team to stop. He pointed to a ladder that led up from the sewer and to the street level. This was it.

"We're here," he announced in a whisper. "Gapsar, digivolve and fire a burning arrow up through the holes in the grate. We'll wait for the artillery bombardment to commence before heading up through it and getting into the castle..."

=====

As Goliath prepared his team to signal the attack, Jager watched the city skyline expectedly, waiting for the fiery arrow to fly...

NOTE: The "arrow of fire" is Gaiomon's "Rinkageki" attack. More info here.

Gapsar nodded and Saluted, "Yes Sir!" he replied in the quietest tone, which, frankly, wasn't too quiet but, it would do. The tension was building as the strain of unleashing the power was put of Gapsar's face, he looked at his claws the data around them peeled off with a glowing light revealing humanoid hands underneath. Cloaked in the glow he let off small roar as the data unwrapped around him an a cyclone glowing fragments, his feet became larger and his body, even bulkier than before. For a second, there seemed to be a unsettling calm, as Gapsar floated there, all of his body a 3-D Grid, surrounded by the dankness of the sewer. Then, just as quickly as the calm had passed the floating bits of Data slammed onto Gapsar as armor, protecting his body, now looking like that of a famous Dragon-Man digimon. Two Swords Materialized in the air above him, changing from a mess of 1s and 0s to the powerful Kiku Rin.

The Master Tyrannomon had become the Skilled Samurai WarGreymon. Gapsar had become Gaiomon.

Gapsar looked in awe at his new form for a second, but quickly shook his hand and snapped back to the mission at hand. He grasped one of the swords and a light danced out of it's tip, fashioning a bow and arrow faster than even a Longbowman could fire. Gapsar aimed for the opening in the grate, he knew that if this missed, the whole mission could be jeopardized, the tension in the atmosphere as he got his aim set, beads of sweat dripped down the dragon man's face, and his eye twitched a bit. Finally Gapsar let go, "Rinkageki!" he roared, the Arrow zoomed through the hole, and Gapsar finally exhaled, and smiled. He wasn't worried about how much time he had left as a Mega at all, no, he just smirked as the Gaiomon wondered what the Dramon above were thinking...

Strom growled, using all of his might to tear down a tree trunk to use for cover. "That should provide decent cover..." he muttered, looking at the trunk which stood taller than him even width-wise.

He peered over the trunk and made sure he had an unobstructed field of fire. All that was really in the way was heavy foliage. He begun to build up blue plasma in his throat. Just then, a blazing arrow shot overhead. He grunted, causing blue steam to seep out of his nostrils, and then grinned. "Let the game begin..."
    Chapter 21 is up.

Jager watched as Gapsar's fiery arrow burned through the sky. "Now!" he roared. He immediately slid into his Z'dGarurumon form and fired a trio of cannon blasts towards the city docks. Several more cannon shots hit various tall structures throughout the city; Jager thought to send the Dramon into a state of panic where they wouldn't know where the attack was focused on; he wanted their attentions drawn first away from the palace, and then to him and his artillery unit.

"Full Metal Blaze!" he cried out. Dozens of rockets jetted from his metallic body and flew high into the air, arcing and then raining down on a large section of the capital. Buildings burned and collapsed under the force of Jager's attack.

"Osiris; Strom, you're up," Jager called. "Keep the Dramon off their feet and away from the palace..."

=====

Goliath listened as Jager and the others commenced their attack. The ground above them shook with every explosion. Finally, the bestial commander knew they could wait no longer. With a nod, he ordered Tharor and Oberon to move; the two WarGreymon spun, turning into two spinning tornadoes of claw. They launched up and drilled through the street overhead. Goliath and the rest of the team followed through the holes they formed.

The strike team didn't miss a beat. Led by the twin tornadoes, the easily penetrated the walls of the palace, and because of the commotion caused by the artillery unit, there were very few guards remaining in their way.

And the few that remained were swiftly cut down.

"We're coming up on the throne room," Tharor called out. The rush from the anticipated battle pushed the strike team forward and they charged as one. "If you're not at Mega level now, you better digivolve quickly!"

Goliath slammed his shoulders into the enormous wooden double doors that led to the throne room. The entranceway was built to a height and width that would accommodate the size of the Three Great Dramon and some of the larger dragons of the Empire like Machinedramon, Breakdramon, and Dorugoramon. The doors swung open and the strike force leaped into the room, ready to attack.

"Leaders of the Dramon Empire, your time has come to pay for-" Goliath suddenly cut himself short when he noticed how empty and dark the throne room was. The Three Great Dramon were nowhere to be found.

"What's going on?" Tharor wondered.

The doors behind the team suddenly slammed shut and a cascade of data rained down on them, sealing them shut and making escape from the room impossible.

"It's a trap," Ajax said in manner-of-fact tone. "They knew we were coming."

"Indeed we did," spoke a voice from somewhere in the darkness. "I arranged for the Three Great Dramon to leave so I could meet you here myself."

"Imego," Tharor growled, remembering the Imperialdramon's voice from several other encounters and battles. There were few Dramon that he hated as much as he hated Imego; no other Dramon acted in such a selfish and dishonorable manner. "Show yourself so I can tear you apart."

"As tempting as that may be," said Imego. "I highly doubt your ability to match my power." Imego snapped his fingers and light suddenly returned to the empty throne room. Imego stood before the strike team, radiating power. In his new Paladin form, he had complete confidence in his ability to lay waste to whatever challenge came before him. The sight of his transcended form was truly awe-inspiring.

"How did you know?" Goliath demanded.

"We have a spy in your ranks, Goliath," Imego laughed. "And that individual sent us word of your plan."

"So we'll kill you instead," Goliath snarled. "Rebels, prepare yourselves!"

"I have a better idea," said Imego. From hidden corners of the throne room came several other dragons; elite members of the Dramon Empire's "Dragon Knights." An UlforceVeedramon, an Examon, a Slayerdramon, a Darkdramon, an OwRyumon, and a Dorugoramon. Each was a force to be reckoned with, but together they were perhaps the most powerful and dangerous small unit of the Dramon Empire.

And Imego, clad in his new shining-white form, was their merciless leader.

"Knights," he ordered as the dragons stood at attention. "Kill them." The knights surged forward with weapons ready and poised to kill.

Goliath leaped over the incoming knights and drew his sword, fully intent on bringing the fight to Imego himself. Ajax and Oberon joined together to take on Examon, hoping to use specialized weaponry and attacks to take down the powerful dragon. Tharor hurled himself at the Slayerdramon, with the full intention of tearing it in half to get to Imego.

The remaining knights were quick to engage the rebel strike force...
    Last edited by Kamotz; 27th November 2008 at 6:54 AM.

Strom latched himself onto the tree in front of him and oukked himself up. Now, with a clear vantage point on the city, he opened up his mouth.

"Blue Prominance!" A massive blue beam shot from his mouth and obliterated a small building, who's ruins caught ablaze.

He hopped down from off of the log with a heavy thud and stepped back. "Now for anyone dumb enough to be standing outside..."

Strom got down on all fours and pointed his spines forwards. "Trajectory... should be good... now. Sonic Slash Rain!!!"

A multitude of razor sharp spikes shot out from his back at a constant rate and into the air. These blades then continued to rain down upon the city of Dramon.

"Take your time, Jager; I could keep this up for hours!" he said with a grin.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Rai, intent on keeping up with the other Digimon, proved an excellent attacker. Numerous rockets burst from the barrels of his cannons with every shot.

"HAHAHA!!! EAT THIS, DRAMON SCUM!! RAPID FIRE!!!"

-----------

Karasu chuckled to himself as the Dragon Knights hurtled toward them. He eyed the UlForceVeedramon suspiciously. With a smirk, he muttered, "So...this is the famed UlForceVeedramon...supposedly one of the fastest Digimon ever...heh...we'll see about that..."

With that, Karasu launched himself into the air and hurled himself straight at the blue Dramon. Karasu's eyes narrowed as he zeroed in on his target. In one swift movement, Karasu had unsheathed his blade, the Moushugeki, and slashed it toward UlForceVeedramon's chest.

In the blink of an eye, Karasu was directly behind the blue Digimon, sword in hand. "You're not so fast."

"Neither...are you..." panted the UlForceVeedramon angrily.

Karasu's eyes widened. What did he mean? Suddenly, the crow Digimon felt a sharp pain in his stomach and looked down to see a deep sword wound.

"H-how did you-"

"Heh..." scoffed the blue Mega, raising his hand to reveal a beam sword on his wrist, "I'll show you who the fastest Digimon REALLY is..."

"Bring it on..."

Blades Clashed as Gapsar the Gaiomon with the Kiku Rin and The DORUGoramon with his Dorudiin. The DoruGoramon was the Epitome of Destruction in the Digital World, would be one of the Greatest challenges for the Samurai, and he knew it. The DORUGoramon, however tried to be casual despite the heat of battle, obviously having done a sword fight before and not phased by its stresses. Gapsar on the other hand seemed to be taking them all in just to keep up with the Dragon and not get an arm chopped off.
    "Ah, a Gaiomon! It's an honor to finally fight one, yet you seem to be confused on which side of the war you're fighting on." The DORUGoramon's voice was calm, like a flowing brook.
    "Don't...gasp...Feed me your lies Dragon!" Gapsar Boomed, in a tense and struggled voice.
    "Come now," The Beastial Dragon smirked, "How can you call me a Dragon, without calling yourself one..."
    Gapsar Stopped, the Creature was right, they were similar, both were Dragon-Men, and both were skilled users of A Blade.
    "DORUDINN!" the Knight yelled,
    Gapsar had just enough time to see a blade slam his armor, sending the samurai dragon flying into a wall. Gapsar coughed from the dust as he looked up to see DORUGoramon towering above him.
    "Look," The Dragon smirked, "We're two of a same! Join me and the Dramon Empire, and you'll be on the winning side! Glory will be yours!"
    Gapsar just spit on the DORUGoramon's feet, and Grunted, "I will never be a part of your Holocaust." The Samurai Dragon felt that at this point he was going to die anyway, so he might as well use the last of his strength to push a final offensive on the Knight.

The DORUGoramon, never noticed the small light beaming out from the Gaiomon's Kiku Rin, never saw the Bow and Arrow being fashoned the whole time.

"Heh," Gapsar laughed out, the DORUGoramon raised its Eyebrow in disgust and Question. "Rinkageki" the Gaiomon roared, the Arrow gave the DORUGoramon enough surprise that Gapsar could slash furiously with his Blade, yet still, the DORUGoramon blocked the slashes. Even though it was just berely, finally, Gapsar knew he had to use his last resort move...
    "GAIA" the Samurai started, the opposing Beast Dragon's eye's widened..."REACTOR!" Gapsar roared, the Air became increasingly warm for a split second, until finally there was a Tremendous Explosion, that shook the large throne room. Yet, did not scorch the whole Throne room, having more Vertical Reach then horizontal. Blasting through the Roof with a fiery pillar of flame.

Karmas stared at the Darkdramon. That was who would be his prey.As he ran forward the Zudomon glowed bright white.

"Zudomon DIGIVOLVE INTO Vikemon!"

The behemoth stared at the Darkdramon, his face twisted in anger.

"Viking Axe!"

Karmas swung one of is axes at the Darkdramon, who swiftly blocked it with his arm guard.

"Demon Stab," said the Darkdramon.

Karmas felt something go right through his left arm and and fell to the ground, the agony of the wound immense.

Karasu vanished in the blink of an eye, appearing to have disintegrated from the face of the earth. However, his reappearance was just as swift as his departure, but this time, he was above UlForceVeedramon, poised to strike.

"Moushugeki!"

With that, the Raven King Sword, Karasu's deadly blade hurtled downward, straight at his opponent's unguarded head. However, UlForceVeedramon was not without experience. With a speed that matched that of Karasu's, the blue Dramon dodged the blade narrowly, and then let loose a tremendous blast of energy from the beam saber on his arm.

"Feel the power of the Ray of Victory!" exclaimed UlForceVeedramon triumphantly. The blast blew Karasu high into the ceiling, crashing through the roof.

"Hehehe..." UlForceVeedramon cackled, peering up through the ceiling's hole at the now visible sky, hoping to see the carcass of Karasu come hurtling down from above. He got his wish. Well, most of it. Karasu was, in fact, alive, and his anger had been refueled. The blue Dramon's attack had nearly hit his beloved treasure...the one given to him by Jijimon...he would pay!

"SPIRAL RAVEN CLAW!!!"

Ragna quickly found himself staring down the OwRyumon.

"A Rebel dragon?" the Dragon Knight said in amazement "this will be a good fight. Yes, indeed."

"Dragon Thrower!" Ragna cried, thrusting his palm forwards and launching a blast of red energy towards OwRyumon. The dragon hurled himself out of the way before slicing one of his swords into Ragna. The Dynasmon grabbed the sword and managed to tear a chunk of metal out of it before being knocked away by the OwRyumon's tail.

"Just give in," OwRyumon "your death will be... Well, I don't know. I haven't died. Maybe you can come back and tell me. When the Dramon Empire rules this world."

"Never!" Ragna cried, throwing a punch towards the Dragon Knight. OwRyumon slashed one of his swords into the Dynasmon, cutting into his arm. Ragna couldn't stop himself from crying out in pain as the blade cut deep.

"Farewell, brave warrior," OwRyumon said simply "you will be remembered as a good warrior, but misguided. Eiseiryuuoujin!" His two swords flowed together, forming a much larger blade. OwRyumon slashed down towards Ragna.

"You're the misguided one!" Ragna yelled "DNA Disintergrator!" Too late OwRyumon realised how close he was to Ragna. The Dynasmon thrust his arms forward, sending a maelstorm of red energy hurtling into OwRyumon. The Dragon Knight flew back into the wall, shards of metal breaking off of his blade and wings.

"I'm sorry," Ragna said "but you have to die. Thats what I do. Breath Of Wyvern!" He charged a sphere of blue light in his mouth and OwRyumon's eyes opened wide with shock. Then Ragna released the attack and was blinded in a blaze of energy. The energy dragon flew into OwRyumon and crushed the Dragon Knight into the wall, deleting the Digimon. Ragna felt data surge into him from OwRyumon and his tiredness retreated as energy flowed into him.

"Too much!" he screamed. The energy was more than he could handle. He felt his body shifting and changing.

"Dynasmon Mode Change to...!" he screamed "DYNASMON X!" He had changed. Four wings cut the air behind him and his armor had sharp edges protruding from it. His claws had extended and his body was more skeletal.

"Go to hell, Dramon!" Ragna cried as he shot towards the UlforceVeedramon, his claws extended and energy rushing through him...
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast