Thread: EV Training with Power items

Default EV Training with Power items

So I decided to buy a few of the power items to make EV training easier and I obviously do not understand how they work...

I thought that it multiplies the EVs received by 4, but only for that stat. (I.E. Machoke gives 2 Attack so it gives 2x4 = 8 EVs total). I charted out my EV progress and it didn't work. I went to receive my effort ribbon and I got the message "You need to work harder". I gained at least 12 more EVs and still got that message. What did I do wrong?

I read that the power items work like this: 4 + E = V (E is EV value. V is total) So If I defeat a Machoke I only receive 6? 4 Atk + 2 Atk = 6 Atk?

Also, do these items give the full amount of EVs if I switch in a pokemon for another and then defeat the wild one with the new pokemon? )I.E. Wild Golbat appears. I send out Growlithe. I switch out Growlithe for Latios. Golbat attacks. Latios attacks and defeats Golbat. Both Growlithe and Latios receive XP)
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 13th August 2010 at 3:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    So I decided to buy a few of the power items to make EV training easier and I obviously do not understand how they work...

I thought that it multiplies the EVs received by 4, but only for that stat. (I.E. Machoke gives 2 Attack so it gives 2x4 = 8 EVs total). I charted out my EV progress and it didn't work. I went to receive my effort ribbon and I got the message "You need to work harder". I gained at least 12 more EVs and still got that message. What did I do wrong?

I read that the power items work like this: 4 + E = V (E is EV value. V is total) So If I defeat a Machoke I only receive 6? 4 Atk + 2 Atk = 6 Atk?

Also, do these items give the full amount of EVs if I switch in a pokemon for another and then defeat the wild one with the new pokemon? )I.E. Wild Golbat appears. I send out Growlithe. I switch out Growlithe for Latios. Golbat attacks. Latios attacks and defeats Golbat. Both Growlithe and Latios receive XP)
    Power Items adds 4 EVs of a specific stat, as well as the 2 Attack EVs received from Machoke. To better explain:

Pokemon with Power Bracer defeated wild Machoke.

2 + 4(from power item) = 6 EVs total.

If you send out Growlithe, then switch back for Latios to defeat Golbat, then Growlithe will receive the full amount of EVs as it would if it battled it by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by firestar319 View Post
    Power Items adds 4 EVs of a specific stat, as well as the 2 Attack EVs received from Machoke. To better explain:

Pokemon with Power Bracer defeated wild Machoke.

2 + 4(from power item) = 6 EVs total.

If you send out Growlithe, then switch back for Latios to defeat Golbat, then Growlithe will receive the full amount of EVs as it would if it battled it by itself.
    Thanks! I'll just go get 50 more EVs in Speed and Attack, that should be enough.