Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: How would YOU change the banned/restricted list?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caption Contest
    Posts
    3,311

    Default How would YOU change the banned/restricted list?

    If you were to want to make the game better for you, how would you change the list?

    Here it is just for reference -

    Forbidden
    Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
    Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
    Cyber-Stein
    Cyber Jar
    Dark Magician of Chaos
    Destiny Hero - Disc Commander
    Fiber Jar
    Magical Scientist
    Magician of Faith
    Makyura the Destructor
    Sinister Serpent
    Thousand-Eyes Restrict
    Tribe-Infecting Virus
    Tsukuyomi
    Victory Dragon
    Witch of the Black Forest
    Yata-Garasu
    Butterfly Dagger - Elma
    Cathedral of Nobles
    Change of Heart
    Confiscation
    Dark Hole
    Delinquent Duo
    Dimension Fusion
    Graceful Charity
    Harpie's Feather Duster
    Last Will
    Metamorphosis
    Mirage of Nightmare
    Painful Choice
    Pot of Greed
    Premature Burial
    Raigeki
    Snatch Steal
    The Forceful Sentry
    Call of the Haunted
    Exchange of the Spirit
    Imperial Order
    Last Turn
    Ring of Destruction
    Sixth Sense
    Time Seal

    Limited

    Breaker the Magical Warrior
    Card Trooper
    Cyber Dragon
    D.D. Warrior Lady
    Dandylion
    Elemental Hero Stratos
    Exodia the Forbidden One
    Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    Left Arm of the Forbidden One
    Left Leg of the Forbidden One
    Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
    Night Assailant
    Marshmallon
    Morphing Jar
    Right Arm of the Forbidden One
    Right Leg of the Forbidden One
    Sangan
    Snipe Hunter
    Spirit Reaper
    Treeborn Frog
    Advanced Ritual Art
    Brain Control
    Card Destruction
    Fissure
    Future Fusion
    Giant Trunade
    Heavy Storm
    Level Limit - Area B
    Limiter Removal
    Megamorph
    Monster Gate
    Monster Reborn
    Mystical Space Typhoon
    Overload Fusion
    Reasoning
    Scapegoat
    Smashing Ground
    Swords of Revealing Light
    United We Stand
    Ceasefire
    Crush Card Virus
    Gravity Bind
    Return from the Different Dimension
    Magic Cylinder
    Mirror Force
    Ojama Trio
    The Transmigration Prophecy
    Torrential Tribute
    Trap Dustshoot
    Wall of Revealing Light
    Dark Armed Dragon*
    Gladiator Beast Bestiari*
    Plaguespreader Zombie*
    Broniac, Dragon of Ice Boundary*
    Goyo Guardian*
    Mezuki*
    Choas Sorcerer*
    Card of Safe Return*
    Reinforcements of the Army*
    Emergency Teleport*

    Semi-Limited
    Mask of Darkness
    Necroface
    Judgment Dragon
    Rescue Cat
    Summon Priest
    Foolish Burial
    Magical Stone Excavation
    Chain Strike
    Destiny Hero - Malicious*
    Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest*
    Raiza the Storm Monarch*
    Goblin Zombie*
    Allure of Darkness*
    Gold Sarcophagus*
    Destiny Draw*
    Mind Crush*
    Ultimate Offering*

    So, what is your choice.

    And no one post "I'd ban everything nt in my deck."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Amongst good company :)
    Posts
    3,829

    Default

    I would do the following:

    New Forbidden:
    Brionarc, Dragon of Ice Boundary
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Monster Reborn

    New Limited:
    Magician of Faith
    Premature Burial
    Call of the Haunted

    New Semi-Limited:
    Cyber Dragon
    United We Stand

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth, and over there!
    Posts
    68

    Default

    This list is based on both what I kind of expect and partially what I'd like to see happen too. Seems like a weird list, but the list always has something unexpected on it.

    Forbidden:
    Nothing

    Limited:
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Judgment Dragon
    Magician of Faith
    Pot of Greed
    Mind Control

    Semi Limited:
    Mezuki
    Skill Drain
    X Saber Airbellum
    Cold Wave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Forbidden:

    Nothing is that broken yet

    Limited:

    Magical Scientist
    Magician of Faith
    Witch of the Black Forest
    DSF
    Rescue Cat
    Mind Control

    Semi-Limited:

    Mezuki
    Cold Wave
    ROTA
    DAD
    E-Tele
    Black whirlwind
    Reasoning
    Monster Gate

    Unlimited:

    Tsukuyomi

    Tsukuyomi, does not need to be banned anymore, because we are in the syncro age, flip effects are too slow to be effective and tsukuyomi is not broken by any means. All stall cards need to be un-banned/limited because something needs to slow down this format of OTKs. Also to people who limited Airbellium or Gale, why? Did they limit krebons? No, because the tuner isn't broken, the way of getting them out is. Rescue cat is to airbellium, black whirlwind is to gale, and e-tele is to krebons.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    7,726

    Default

    Forbidden:
    Emergency Teleport
    Monster Reborn

    Limit:
    Ancient Fairy Dragon (Reading it's effect, it has potential to be abused)
    Caius the Shadow Monarch
    Call of the Haunted
    Dark Strike Fighter

    Semi-Limit:
    Cyber Dragon
    Reinforcements of the Army
    Sea Koala

    Remove:
    None
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    Forbidden:
    Monster Reborn

    Limited:
    Call of the Haunted


    I really just hate Monster Reborn. Mainly hate having my opponent kill a good monster with Mirror Force, etc., and then using Monster Reborn on it. It takes no skill, strategy, or planning. Very annoying.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Amongst good company :)
    Posts
    3,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior View Post
    Limit:
    Ancient Fairy Dragon (Reading it's effect, it has potential to be abused)
    How so?

    Also, I would like to know the reasoning behind people wanting DSF limited instead of banned.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    7,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiburuto View Post
    How so?

    Also, I would like to know the reasoning behind people wanting DSF limited instead of banned.
    Use it's effect to summon tuners maybe? At the cost of a battle phase, it becomes an imperfect double summon that has enough defences to last a while on the field. Summon a monster, use AFD's effect to summon another, tune (maybe into another AFD)

    speaking of which....can you use the effect of two of them in the same turn?
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiburuto View Post
    How so?

    Also, I would like to know the reasoning behind people wanting DSF limited instead of banned.
    Because he's not THAT broken, sure he contributes to OTKs, but he's good at 1, he speeds up the game.

    Also I forgot, Chain Strike to unlimited, because Chain Burn decks are super cheap and crazy fast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Daten City
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Eh, I say ban Plaguespreader Zombie. But it's limited now.

    I just remembered my Harpies getting pummeled to near death because of the Zombie, but he's limited now so eh. I would say semi-limit Spirit Reaper. It's pretty easy to get rid of. Maybe semi-limit D-prison.

    true original diva

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shibuya River
    Posts
    5,018

    Default

    Cards don't just get limited/banned on how good they are. If a card gets too much play, it will get hit somehow.

    Reborn is out because it's simple, and just a Normal Spell. Premature Burial is easily abusable because we have Arms Hole at three, and that happens to be getting a mass release via the Warrior/Gemini Structure Deck coming out.

    Call is banned because it's a Trap. You can chain it to a lot of stuff, especially when it comes to having a Sangan or Card Trooper in your Grave, and targeting it with Call when your opponent uses Heavy Storm. Also, the Jinzo rulings make it quite unpopular around judges.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caption Contest
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiburuto View Post
    How so?

    Also, I would like to know the reasoning behind people wanting DSF limited instead of banned.
    DSF isn't AS broke at one. It is still useful for OTKs, but doesn't cause the same problem as Double Priest, Cat, Double Airbellum, Double DSF.

    However, it helps decks that shouldn't OTK, OTK.

    If we banned everything that can cause OTKs, Batterymen would be dead. OTKs should be able to be used in every deck, or get rid of them all together.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In Transit
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sirnight~ View Post
    Cards don't just get limited/banned on how good they are. If a card gets too much play, it will get hit somehow.

    Reborn is out because it's simple, and just a Normal Spell. Premature Burial is easily abusable because we have Arms Hole at three, and that happens to be getting a mass release via the Warrior/Gemini Structure Deck coming out.

    Call is banned because it's a Trap. You can chain it to a lot of stuff, especially when it comes to having a Sangan or Card Trooper in your Grave, and targeting it with Call when your opponent uses Heavy Storm. Also, the Jinzo rulings make it quite unpopular around judges.
    Also Brionac(or any bouncer really) can bounce back Call and Burial for multiple uses(even though you lose what you originally summoned). WHY CANT THIS GAME JUST BE SIMPLE AGAIN WHEN I RAN RED MEDICINE AND HORN OF THE UNICORN. ;(

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stoke-on-trent, UK
    Posts
    99

    Default

    banned
    Brionac
    Chimerathec over dragon
    Dark strike
    Rescue Cat

    Limited
    Cyber Twin Dragon
    Magician Of Faith
    Tribe Infecting Virus

    Semi Limited
    Black Whirlwind
    Cyber Dragon
    Emergency Teleport
    Mezuki
    Reasoning
    Reinforcements of the army
    Wall Of Revealing Light

    Unlimited
    Chain Strike
    Future Fusion
    Overload Fusion
    ]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In Transit
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minumranger View Post
    banned
    Brionac
    Chimerathec over dragon
    Dark strike
    Rescue Cat

    Limited
    Cyber Twin Dragon
    Magician Of Faith
    Tribe Infecting Virus

    Semi Limited
    Black Whirlwind
    Cyber Dragon
    Emergency Teleport
    Mezuki
    Reasoning
    Reinforcements of the army
    Wall Of Revealing Light

    Unlimited
    Chain Strike
    Future Fusion
    Overload Fusion
    Explain your reasoning between Cyber-Twin and Over Dragon, unless they are still destructive in today's meta(hint I havent played in 3 months) I see no reason for the their restriction/ban. Also reasoning behind unlimiting those 3 cards would be nice.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caption Contest
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Because he unbanned Future and Overload

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Home of the Braviary [USA, CO]
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Forbidden
    Brionac

    Limited
    Rescue Cat
    Magical Scientist
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Mind Control

    Semi-Limited
    Reinforcemets of the Army
    Cyber Dragon
    Future Fusion
    Cold Wave
    United We Stand

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Shibuya River
    Posts
    5,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Also Brionac(or any bouncer really) can bounce back Call and Burial for multiple uses(even though you lose what you originally summoned). WHY CANT THIS GAME JUST BE SIMPLE AGAIN WHEN I RAN RED MEDICINE AND HORN OF THE UNICORN. ;(
    Except in Kitty Brionac Synchro FTK Rescue Cat was in the Grave while Premature Burial stays out, so there's no real loss in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by minumranger View Post
    banned
    Brionac
    Chimerathec over dragon
    Dark strike
    Rescue Cat

    Limited
    Cyber Twin Dragon
    Magician Of Faith
    Tribe Infecting Virus

    Semi Limited
    Black Whirlwind
    Cyber Dragon
    Emergency Teleport
    Mezuki
    Reasoning
    Reinforcements of the army
    Wall Of Revealing Light

    Unlimited
    Chain Strike
    Future Fusion
    Overload Fusion
    I don't even get this. Unbanned TIV is incredibly dangerous. That card is insane. Did you notice you you can use it more than once per turn? You just need a full hand to clear a field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Ash View Post
    Forbidden
    Brionac

    Limited
    Rescue Cat
    Magical Scientist
    Dark Strike Fighter
    Mind Control

    Semi-Limited
    Reinforcemets of the Army
    Cyber Dragon
    Future Fusion
    Cold Wave
    United We Stand
    This one isn't bad. Cat and DSF at one do control things well, and I really have no idea what Scientist would to to Advanced Format. I feel as though someone could still OTK with him, but the absence of Catapult Turtle makes me wonder.

    Cyber and Future at 2 I disagree with. With 2 Gold Sarcs that can be run and still a pair of Cold Waves, the Chimeratech OTK becomes more possible. Even though not many people ever ran 3 Cold Waves though, but the same could be said for LaDD and others.

    United We Stand gives Morphtronic decks a chance so cheers.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caption Contest
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sirnight~ View Post

    I don't even get this. Unbanned TIV is incredibly dangerous. That card is insane. Did you notice you you can use it more than once per turn? You just need a full hand to clear a field.



    United We Stand gives Morphtronic decks a chance so cheers.
    I get it. With future and overload unlimited, and Cydra at 2, Chimera and Twin are deadly. TIV ain't that bad, it's still a full hand for a clear field, but it does get rid of BWs.

    Oh. United We Stand is legendary.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In Transit
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Oh yeah, how could I forget.

    Unlimited:

    ROTA

    Thats the only change Id look foward to. : D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •