Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Johto Pokémon

Default Favorite Johto Pokémon

What are your favorite Johto Pokémon?

Here are mine:

Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion: I mainly chose Cyndaquil more than the other starters because it was the most useful for me at the first 2 gyms. But I also like the design of the Cyndaquil line the best and moves too. I also like the other starters especially Totodile.
    Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos: I really like Mareep and Flaaffy's design as sheep and I like Ampharos too. I also like their electric type too.
    Bellossom: Not the most powerful Pokémon but I think Bellossom is pretty and it reminds me of Hawaii
    Marill-Azumarill: They are iconic water types for me and I also like their use in battle.
    Espeon-Umbreon: I love all Eeveelutions and these are no exceptions. I like Espeon the most
    Heracross: I think Heracross is a cool bug type and one of my favorite bug types mainly because it's also fighting type.
    Sneasel: I like Weavile more but Sneasel is still cool
    Phanpy-Donphan: I like they are elephants and their ground type
    Suicune: I love Suicune, it's really majestic, and it's a water type.
    Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar: I think they are really awesome especially Tyranitar. Tyranitar is powerful.
    Lugia: Lugia is an awesome white dinosaur dragon thing. Whatever it is it's really cool. And I also liked Shadow Lugia in XD:Gale of Darkness
    Ho-Oh: It's a majestic Phoenix and it's colorful.
    Celebi: Another cute legendary I liked. I like it's background and typing.

Ledian is my favorite. I started liking it after I spent an entire day trying to evolve one from a Ledyba when I was a kid. Then I realized how awesome its design is. It isn't the best for battles, but I don't care, not every Pokemon needs to be great in battle to be a favorite of mine. I like it a lot.

Some others I like from Johto are these: Lanturn, Xatu, Ampharos, Azumarill, Espeon, Misdreavus, Scizor, Heracross, Sneasel, Corsola, Delibird, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Porygon2, Magby, Tyranitar, Raikou and Suicune. Johto has a lot of awesome Pokemon, it is a shame how they have never had the full focus in any Pokemon game to date. After thinking about it for a while, the Pokemon are probably my favorite thing about Johto since I don't like the Johto games as much as the other games in the series.
    A new future is about to begin

The past and the present will not be forgotten

Houndour/doom - think this is obvious based on my username

Lanturn - the typing and it looks so happy

Quilava - adorable, favorite middle stage of any starter

Crobat - Speedy, good attack. Like the color and design. Just finished EV training my Zubat can't wait to train!

Politoed - Never cared for Poliwag/whirl/wrath too much. Toed though. I'm raising one now in fact and loving it in that Nest Ball

Murkrow - Early dark type

Some all-time favorites come from Johto for me who would easily rank in my top 10 favorites. Lanturn's stats aren't exactly the greatest either like Ledian and I don't really care either. I'm not a competive battler anyway.
    Pokemon Y team:

Kingdra, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Steelix, Tyranitar, Suicune and Ho-oh are my favorite Johto pokemon.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum

My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram

Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Goodra is likely to be released again. Ash is likely to lose the Kalos league.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Not my favorite generation of new Pokémon, but it did produce some really good ones. My faves are:

Ampharos - Absolute favorite Johto Pokémon. It looks so cool, great design. I loved the storyline with Amphy, Jasmine, and the Lighthouse. It's got to be the best second stage Electric type there is.

Totodile - Favorite Johto starter. Very neat to see a Pokémon based on a crocodile be so blue and cute. I also loved Ash's Totodile in the anime.

Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff - My favorite evolutionary line in Johto. I like the unique (at the time) type combo. It was cool to see Pokémon get Flying type and not be a bird. Also, I like how they each look so different from one another, yet are in the same evolutionary family.

Umbreon - Favorite Eeveelution. I was a huge fan of the day/night/morning mechanic in GS. Being nocturnal, of course I had to love Umbreon.

Murkrow, Misdreavus, Heracross, Sneasel, Corsola, Skarmory - These are all great stand-alone non-evolving Pokémon. Awesome designs and neat new type combos.

Azumarill - It didn't become one of my favorites until Gen 6 when it got Fairy typing. But, it is a Johto Pokémon, so it deserves to be mentioned here. Very rabbit-ish.

Kingdra - Definitely my favorite Dragon type Pokémon at the time. (Basically way better than Dragonite line). I love its design; it has a very regal look.

Smoochum - My favorite baby Pokémon! It's the cutest, and it evolves into another one of my favorite Pokémon.
    Face-Off-er #8

Tyranitar, because I like its design,Sand Stream and movepool.
    Scizor, because it looks cool, has only one weakness and a great ability in Technician.
    Skarmory, because it is sleek and I like its cry.
    Azumarill, because it is adorable and Huge Power is nothing to take lightly.
    Kingdra, because it has a good type combination and is elegant.
    Other Generation II Pokemon I like a lot are: Houndoom, Heracross, Lanturn, Xatu, Espeon, Umbreon, Raikou and Lugia.

I have lots of favorite there, but I choose

Tyranitar
    -He looks cool and decent. Also powerful and has great defense, his Earthquake is quite effective. I taught him Ice Beam in case of facing a Grass type or a Dragon type. Also, his mega Evolution looks cool! :3 I think He should be Dragon/Ground or Ground/Dark more than Rock/Dark imo?

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

My favourite Johto pokemon has always been Chikorita and Bayleef to a smaller extent, tho recently I purchased a Lugia figure, so my love of Lugia has grown as well hee hee. Misdreavus and Igglybuff are cute too. :]

The Cyndaquil family has been a favourite of mine for a long time. I started with Cyndaquil on Gold and my Typhlosion was the Pokemon that carried me through most of the game.

Chikorita is super cute.
    I like Politoed for its interesting design (really makes it stand out from the rest of its evolution line). Never used one in GSC, but I have one on my HeartGold team and its one of my favourite team members.
    Espeon is still one of my top Eeveelutions.
    ~ * * ~

Still is, always has been and always will be the cute little green dino: Chikorita.

The cuteness and the fact that I have solo'd every time I've chosen it is why.

"You can close your eyes to reality, but not to memories."

Feraligatr, Meganium, Lanturn, Ariados and Jumpluff are the ones that come to mind immediately

Totodile
    Chikorita
    Skarmory
    Pichu
    Unown (I just love all the different letters and symbols)
    Lugia
    Celebi
    Ampharos
    Meganium
    Swinub
    Heracross
    Lanturn
    Chinchou
    Azumarill
    Corsola
    Porygon 2
    Hitmontop

My top three are:

1. Ampharos because it looks slightly dragonish.
    2. Mantine because I've always like manta rays.
    3. Scizor because its type combo is cool and I like crimson.

Ampharos!!! I've always loved it's design, to me it manages to look both strong and cute.
    First and Favorite Pokémon

OMEGA RUBY TEAM (COMPLETE)

I like Delibird the most. It's not a very popular choice, but I really like its Santa-esque design.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

Scizor
    Tyranitar
    Skarmory
    Heracross

Totodile has one of my favorite starter designs ever! Look at their l'il tum and teeth <3

Sneasel is one that didn't grow on me until I played Coliseum, but as soon as I had snagged that one it ended up becoming my main.

Teddiursa is also really, really cute. I actually don't know why I like it so much, but hey what can ya do.
    Ash is aromantic, pass it on.

Current Shiny Hunt
    ???
    Shinies Obtained

3DS FC: 5026-4704-9275
    IGN: Azariah [AS]
    She/her

My only favorite gen 2 Pokemon is Suicune.

I have no idea why it's my favorite from this gen, though, I really don't.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

The Johto roster is honestly my least favorite but the ones i do like are

Espeon
    Umbreon
    Typhlosion
    Meganium
    Ampharos
    Scizor
    Tyranitar
    Hitmontop
    Kingdra

I have too many favorites. Feraligatr is my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon overall!

My other favorites are:
    Sneasel
    Umbreon
    Hitmontop
    Ampharos
    Scizor
    Tyranitar
    Heracross
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Celebi
    Entei
    Raikou
    Suicune
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

My 3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I have too many favorites. Feraligatr is my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon overall!
    This, plus a three-way tie for second place with Scizor, Lugia, and Houndoom.

Sneasel and Smeargle are great designs. Smeargle is also creative in it's battle technique.

Oh and of course it would be impossible to miss out Wobbuffet.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 4th July 2016 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I like Delibird the most. It's not a very popular choice, but I really like its Santa-esque design.
    I've always had a soft spot for Delibird myself. I remember liking its design a lot, too, when I saw one on my friend's Silver for the first time. When I found out that I couldn't find one on Gold, I was so sad. ;_;

Another not very popular choice: I really like Sunkern/Sunflora. I thought Sunkern was the coolest thing ever when I first encountered it and ended up keeping one in my party on Gold for quite a while (didn't win too many battles with it, though lol). Sunflora's design is awesome IMO - looks nice and I love its big happy smile. Plus, I love how it can learn Earth Power in later games.
    ~ * * ~

- Cyndaquil and its evolutions. <3

- Totodile and Feraligator. <3

- Chikorita and Bayleaf. (I'm not as fond of Meganium, sorry.)

- I love Flaafy, but Ampharos less even though it has better stats.

- Wooper! It's so cute, and looks so happy-go-lucky! (I always feel sad evolving it into Quagsire, even though the stats are much better for the game mechanics.)

- Heracross! The only thing better than it's good-natured disposition is its awesome bug/fighting type, its move pool, and fantastic stats! It's a joy to bring out to battle in the game!

- Donphan! Awesome design, and I love the animation of it rolling around in the show. I'd have so much fun battling with it in real life if it spun around that quickly; its too bad it moves slower than a rock uphill in the game.

-Swinub! It is SO STINKIN' CUTE! I want one in real life that I can nickname "Swiney" and have it sit on my lap (as I type on the computer) and baby-talk it all day. I'm also glad Gen IV added Mamoswine, since it looks cooler and has much better stats than Piloswine (which I'll admit I was never that crazy about, compared to Swiney).

Larvitar and Tyranitar. I know. No points for creativity. What can I say? The former is cute with a dark twist, and the latter is a fantastically designed pseudo-legendary that's great in battle. What's not to love?

The ones I liked were Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Suicune, Espeon, Umbreon, Thyplosion and Feraligatr, mostly due to great designs but my top favourites would be Espeon, Umbreon, Lugia and Tyranitar. As I like Eeveelutions, I always had a soft spot for Espeon and Umbreon, Lugia simply had a cool design and Tyranitar was powerful.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast