Thread: Favorite R/B/Y BGM?

Default Favorite R/B/Y BGM?

Red/Blue/Yellow had some of the most iconic music in the entire franchise.

What were your favorite BGM tracks from Red/Blue/Yellow? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My #1 favorite music track was the Pokemon Mansion BGM, because it had a mysterious sound to it, which was fitting given the location. I also liked the Champion battle BGM.

Route 11, because it is cheerful and upbeat, Rocket Hideout, because it is creepy, and Route 23, because it just fits the path that leads to Victory Road well.
    Other themes I like are: Route 1, Cerulean City, Route 24, Cinnabar Island, vs. Gym Leader, and vs. Champion.

Vermilion City is my top favorite because I like how energetic it is. I remember liking it a lot when I played R/B/Y as a kid. I also like the music on SS. Anne, it feels happy but a bit bittersweet at the same time, which suits a ship that is about to leave and sail around the world. Some others I like are Route 24/25, Cinnabar Island and Pokemon Tower. There's probably more but those are the ones that came to my head right now.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I love a lot of the RBY music, though one of my absolute favourites has to be the Gym Leader battle theme. It's definitely my favourite battle theme in Gen I and one of my top Gym Leader themes in the whole series. Hard to explain why...it just sounds so good IMO!
    >>// \\<<

The title sceen theme, Pallet Town, Route 3, Viridian City, and of course... the Lavender Town theme.

For me, my top songs have to be:
    * Lavender Town (obvious choice, but I love how mysterious it sounds. It's also quite melancholic..)
    * Vermilion City (sounds jolly yet nostalgic at the same time)
    * Victory Road (the theme that reminds you that you're facing the final challenge...also the music I play in my head when walking in the exam room)
    * the Gym Leader Battle Music (better than the final battle theme imo)

There's probably some more but that's all I can think of at the mo.

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

There's just something half-creepy-half-catchy about the Team Rocket Hideout theme that I really love.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

I think RBY has the worst soundtrack in all of the main-series games. But if I were to choose, I would choose Route 1

Hmmm well since I played the Virtual Console version of Red and Blue not too long ago, I grew to like the Mt Moon music alot cuz it starts off quiet and then slowly becomes kind of unnerving. I like the Lavender town music as well cuz it's coolly disturbing ha ha.

These games had an amazing soundtrack and for me the Gym Leader music was the best, but I liked Cinnabar Island's music too and also the Safari Zone's music.

Lavendar Town's theme it was so creepy. And its funny to hear all the urban myths that came from it, all those ghost stories. So ridiculous, I might listen to it now again actually. Yeah, its a great tune to this day... OMG WHAT JUST CRAWLED THROUGH MY CEILING I THINK IT'S AN EVIL SPIRIT COME TO HARVEST MY SOUL!

I'm gonna echo everybody else and say the Gym Leader theme is probably my favorite; also the Bicycle theme

To this day it still shocks me that the R/B/Y Gym Leader theme was never in Super Smash Bros, either its original or a remake - if Saffron City had been DLC for Smash 4, I would have definitely wanted it to have that music.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

I absolutely love the Pallet Town music. It was one of the first bits of music that I had ever heard in a video game, so it brings back some great memories. Overall, Gen 1 had some of the best music of any generation, imo.

I really like Game Corner and Mt Moon. Mt Moon is even better in FRLG with the piano and I love how mystical the 8 bit version sounds. Celadon City and the Cerulean/Saffron themes were nice as well as Viridian Forest.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

There's some really great tracks, but I would go with the Gym Leader Battle

Lavender Town and Rocket Hideout - the obvious choices. They're both just so cool!
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

The Champion theme, because it sounds so epic and challenging. Viridian Forest's theme, because I always thought it sounded kinda spooky and mysterious (and a little suspenseful, too). And the Game Corner theme because it's so energetic and fun to listen to.
    Last edited by Glaceona; 12th June 2017 at 4:05 PM.

Blue's theme is very incredible it's my favorite. When you beat the Elite 4 and you find out he's the champion. Then the music hits. It's such an intense moment.

You also can't go wrong with the Gym leader theme either. It's classic.

My favorite would have to be the credits theme. It just sounds really nice to end the game.
    Last edited by Elite4woolfy; 22nd April 2017 at 6:49 PM.
    In Loving Memory
    HeartGold Team
    August 2015 - January 2017
    Lost to careless deletion of save file.

Lilly | Charlotte | Pearl | Yolk | Cinder | Minty

The Hall of Fame music is great, it really makes you feel like you have accomplished something big.
    Currently Playing

Yellow VC

I like route 11, the trainer and gym battle, and the ending themes the most. I also like Pokemon tower's music and Lavender Town bgm

I love Lavender Town and Celadon City's themes. Both different but both beautiful and can capture the mood well.

A Splash In Germany

My book Drinking Poetry is availible on Amazon and Lulu

Going by the original GB BGMs and not their remakes, Lavender Town hands-down. I actually find the melody to be more double-edged than most people make it out to be - while in some situations it can be an eerily beautiful piece of music, it can also be a soothing, relaxing lullaby-type tune.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Pallet Town's music is my favorite. I thought it had a cool melancholic feel to it which was fitting for the location.