Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

My first shiny was female nidoran. Ran out of pokeballs and missed it D: Besides that red you know what in the game, I've also gotten a shiny hoothoot while training a hoothoot I had already caught. I saw the sparkle, catch it, go to my PC to get it out, and my game freezes. Such luck right? My silver doesn't save anymore anyway xD

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Default Soft Resetting for Shinies in Crystal?

Does anybody know if I can soft reset for the starter pokemon that the professor gives you? I really like cyndiquail and totodile but I don't have a DS which means I don't have HeartGold and SoulSilver which means I can only the shinies I want in crystal!

And btw, I don't wanna breed it with a shiny ditto because I want a 1/8192 shiny and I don't have the correct games for the shiny ditto glitch.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but no other forums are answering me so I really want to know.

Can you get shiny starters in Pokemon Crystal by soft resetting? Some sources say no, some say yes. I just don't wanna waste my time soft resetting for something that is not even possible.

Please answer and thanks so much!

I was super lucky.
    You know the egg you get in Crystal? It hatched a shiny Igglybuff.
    Was that normal, or was it not supposed to be shiny all the time?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nevermind, I was not that lucky.
    Last edited by Yang_Wolf; 22nd June 2011 at 8:11 PM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

[IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]

o' maniana , sach dex padadaddaddada , pedia , muno mundo !

Translation : Shiny Pokemon are shitty in GSC....

C'mon , pada ?!

Translation : C'mon , Black Mewtwo chan-chan ?!
    Last edited by Psychic; 11th May 2011 at 4:38 AM.

Yes, you can! Just keep going till you get that shiny! =)

You can SR, but you will just have to keep going and hope the internal battery doesn't run out.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

I was training my team for the Elite Four in Silver when I came across a shiny Graveler. I was pretty excited as this was my first random shiny encounter so I jumped up out of my seat and caught it right away.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Ah lemme see - I got my shiny pichu from that egg guy in Crystal , erm red gyarados >_> and well a... a shiny tentacool V_V.
    Just this from probably about 1000+ hours spent on the Gen II games , but do I regret it?
    Hell no!
    Pokemon White

Name:Molo

FC:0347-5640-1230

I failed at catching a shiny once. I encountered a shiny rattatat on my way to see Mr. Pokemon. As many of you know, it is impossible to get Pokeballs before going to see him, so I couldn't catch it. T.T

Ahh...the days of Gold and Silver. (In my opinion the best pokemon games ever)
    I have played most all pokemon games from red/blue to yellow, gold/silver/crystal.
    to sapphire and firered to diamond and white, and ive only ever seen 3 shiny pokemon in the wild. ever.

1) Pokemon Gold: On my first playthough ever, on the route directly south of Goldenrod City a shiny abra appeared. i panicked b/c i knew it would flee. i attempted hypnosis on it with my hoothoot, and sadly it missed. the abra teleported.

2) Pokemon crystal: shiny rattata: caught it! it was soo cool. i was soo proud of it forever. i played and replayed crystal since, but before i would start a new game i would always transfer that rattata to silver, then transfer it back. sadly the internal battery on crystal died about 4 years ago, and that rattata will always rest in Bill's PC.

3) Pokemon Crystal: shiny pichu from day care man. **although this was not entirely luck, as there was a high chance this pokemon would be shiny anyhow.

i have never seen a shiny outside of my generation II games, all of which are long gone. (the internal battery in all of them is fried from years of gaming...)

I found a Shiny Phanpy today on Silver version. I was heading south from Blackthorn City, when it appeared in the tall grass. I was surprised since I hadn't encountered a wild Shiny this quickly after starting a new game before. I captured that in a Level Ball, and then I went off to train it. I'm planning on evolving it into a Shiny Donphan, which I can then use on my team. I may do some soft resets for other Shiny Pokemon like Snorlax, but for now, I'm satisfied with my Shiny Phanpy.

i found a shiny psyduck in silver and breed several shinies in gold. the good thing about breeding shinies in II gen. is if 1 parent is shiny there is a 1/64 chance of a shiny egg. i just SR to get them shiny ditto makes it easy. i read on this sight that if you trade over the red gyarados to red/blue/yellow teach it mimic trade back delete all other moves beides mimic trade back to R/B/Y and fight a ditto it will use transform then you use mimic then it uses mimic and you use mimic again then catch and and trade it to silver/gold/crystal it is a shiny ditto. it really works but i may not have described it well so if you are interested on this techneque google silver/gold/crystal how to get shiny pokemon and you should find the right site soon.

Well the first and only shiny pokemon(except gyarados) I have seen in my silver version was a shiny tauros while I was hunting for an Entei. Unfortunately I killed it with a critical hit =(
    5/7/2011 ---> Shiny 8716 SRs

20/8/2012 ---> Shiny tranquil -> 20 random encounters

12/07/2013 ---> Shiny Rayquaza -> 83 SRs
    15/07/2013 ---> Shiny Groudon -> 851 SRs
    30/07/2013 ---> Shiny Kyogre -> 1529 SRs

3DS Friend Code : 4699-6214-1047
    Safari : jigglypuff, dedenne, flabebe

i have only gotten one shiny
    it was a nidorina
    Pokemon rocks!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Name: Whimsicot
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I got a shiny starter not expecting it so I started a new game thinking it was a glitch. Second time i lost the battle with my rival and started again form where you pick you starter. Once again it was shiny. I was weary so i traded over my totodile from silver and left it in the box till today.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Quote Originally Posted by Erik The Red View Post
    I failed at catching a shiny once. I encountered a shiny rattatat on my way to see Mr. Pokemon. As many of you know, it is impossible to get Pokeballs before going to see him, so I couldn't catch it. T.T
    This happened to me except I found a Kakuna.. >_<
    Favorite Legendarys:
    Games I own:

In all my playthroughs I've encountered four shinies:
    - The red Gyarados, of course, who stuck me all the way through the first time I played Silver
    - A brown Graveler I found as a Geodude in Dark Cave and also remained in my team the first time I played Silver
    - A shiny Magby from the Odd Egg in Crystal
    - A silver Rhydon, again in Victory Road, in my current Crystal team!
    Pokémon Red, last completion, first hall of famers:

Pokémon Crystal, current team:

Caught Kakuna and Zubat shiny. FLED: Tangela dayum that sucked so much.
    Trainer: マンケマチョ
    Game: Y
    FC: 2208-5718-3379

Trainer: STEFAN
    Game: HeartGold
    FC: 2924 1205 4543

X and Y Random Team Generator
    http://www.random.org/integers/?num=...t=html&rnd=new
    Black and White Random Team Generator:
    DPPt and HG/SS Random Team Generator:

Game list:
    Green, Red, Blue, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and Y

I remember I was surfing in one of the first caves and a pink wooper appeared, I weren't sure why, but I caught it anyway and evolved it into a purple quagsire

I remember once in Crystal, I encountered a shiny Pidgey before I had gotten my pokedex.
    You cannot fathom the amount of misery I had when I had to kill it.

My first shiny in the random wild was a Tentacool, i was happy and cloned it....hm
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

never saw i shiny :/

tried so hard for so long too

I only caught the one they gave to you:red gyarados.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

oh ya i didn't count that one though lol

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast