Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

Gyarados (of all obviousness)
    Poliwhirl 8D
    Then a Ledyba :3

I saw shiny Nidorina once, but I accidently make it faint D'8
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

Lol. I caught a shiny on crystal once, a shiny pidgey, and saved and then shut it off before the ding, and it was gone forever.....
    When I first battled N, and I defeated him, I cheered.
    When we road the Ferris Wheel I blushed.
    When I found out he was of an evil team, I grew angry.
    When he told me so much stuff I smiled.
    When we battled the legendaries and I felt horrible when I defeated him.
    And when he left.... I cried...

I found a shiny Swinub in my Silver version several years ago, and I still have it. I am lucky because my internal battery in my Silver version has not died.

Basically, I encountered this Swinub in the Ice Path when I was trying to find a Piloswine, and I was training some Pokemon (don't remember who). I spent two hours in there, and all of the sudden, I heard that shiny-noise, and behold, a shiny Swinub. I was rather un-phased at first, but I caught it anyway. Then it hit me that there are other shinies, not just the red Gyarados. I refuse to evolve it because shiny Swinub looks sooo much cooler than Piloswine, lol XD

KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique

Trainer Info / Wants
        Spoiler:- clicky here:

Use Wolveram as a referrer if you do join!!!!
    Credit goes to pkmnfn for the Ho-Oh bar

My first and only shiny that I have ever encountered in silver (red gyarados doesn't count for me) was a shiny meowth on route 38. I was playing on my gameboy pocket and I saw sparkles. I didn't think much of it, so I ran away from it. I told my friends in school the next day and they told me that it was a very rare "sparkly" pokemon. I raged.

hi i'm new. but i caught my first shiny yesterday! A shiny Golbat! I was soo excited, but now that i know they're there I won't stop till i have them all! MUUAHAHAHA!

i usually find a shiny only once in every game, i have yet to find any in white or black, and theyre usually a shiny zubats in some cave, actually i cant remember the last legit shiny i found that wasnt a zubat (i dont count gyarados, hes really nothing to be excited about since anyone can get him). just about every game i play that has a zubat, ill find a shiny. ive seen so many up to the point where i dont bother catching them anymore. probably only reason i havnt seen a shiny in black or white is cause there is no zubat in the caves, only woobats. lol

I was playing crystal today, and I looked for a krabby to use as a HM slave, and I found a shiny one! it was so random and awesome

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ricedonut View Post
    I was playing crystal today, and I looked for a krabby to use as a HM slave, and I found a shiny one! it was so random and awesome
    haha i bet you won't use it as a slave now
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

So I recently found my Gold version and have been playing it all weekend. I really want to start hunting or breeding shinies in this and I have some ideas. Please tell me if my thinking is right.

First, I'm thinking that SRing at the Goldenrod game corner is one of the quickest ways in this game to get a shiny. I'm thinking about getting enough coins to buy 5 dratini and then I'll save in front of the desk, buy 5 dratini, see if any are shiny, and then SR and try again. Does this seem like a good idea?

Second, I've heard that breeding with one shiny pokemon can give you 1/64 odds of getting a shiny. So, I'm going to catch the red gyarados, put it in the daycare with a female dratini, and hopefully breed a shiny dratini. Does this seem like a good idea?

Thanks for reading this guys
    If you are a Jesus Freak; and you live for God, put this in you signature (started by Freak of Nature)
    White FC: 0389-8148-1329

Looking for new music? Check out my music blog! http://www.gnewmusic.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by dukedudez View Post
    So I recently found my Gold version and have been playing it all weekend. I really want to start hunting or breeding shinies in this and I have some ideas. Please tell me if my thinking is right.

First, I'm thinking that SRing at the Goldenrod game corner is one of the quickest ways in this game to get a shiny. I'm thinking about getting enough coins to buy 5 dratini and then I'll save in front of the desk, buy 5 dratini, see if any are shiny, and then SR and try again. Does this seem like a good idea?

Second, I've heard that breeding with one shiny pokemon can give you 1/64 odds of getting a shiny. So, I'm going to catch the red gyarados, put it in the daycare with a female dratini, and hopefully breed a shiny dratini. Does this seem like a good idea?

Thanks for reading this guys
    I think your right about the soft reseting for shiny Dratini in the Goldenrod Game Corner it's the exact thing I did in Soul Silver and got one pretty fast probaly less then two weeks only SR'd like 100 times a day if I was lucky. Your second question I know and you can only do the 1/64 chance for shiny breeding with a shiny Pokemon on Crystal version not Gold or Silver (I tried on Silver waste of my time.) I hope my answers helped you and sorry about the no shiny breeding.
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

theres a sparkle???

My first shiny, a golden donphan in silver. At the time I thought there was only one shiny per game, I also gave it to my homey who introduced me to Pokemon, as a thank you, when I waned to restart my game.
    I had to reset my 3DS,

Friend Code is 4742-6299-3861

Friend Safari- Pyroar, Growlithe, Fletchingder

Looking for scyther, Frogadier, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ditto, Eevee

I just encountered my first ever shiny in Silver (other than Gyrados) today .... A shiny Hoothoot. I was actually trying to run into the legendary beasts and was half asleep while playing and it took me a second to realize I just ran into a shiny....almost did the bad habit of seeing another stupid hoothoot and wanting to instantly run.

Aside from the shiny Gyarados which everyone gets, I SR'd the Odd Egg in Crystal until I got a shiny Elekid. I also found a shiny Smoochum and shiny Magby, but I wanted either Pichu, Tyrogue or Elekid, so I stopped when Elekid popped up. My shiny Elekid has since evolved and is named Flo.

The second shiny I found in Crystal was a Krabby. Really funny story; I was needing a Pokémon for Surf, so I decided to fish for a Krabby, and THE FIRST ONE I FOUND was shiny! I managed to catch him as well. He has since evolved and is named Pinchy.
    Sig pending.
        Spoiler:- Stuffs:

I have four current shineys in my Silver, Gyarados (doesn't count), Pidgey, Ditto (Shiny Ditto trick) and Furret. I actually only hatched the Sentret this morning, after breeding with the Ditto for 20 hours. I only just started deciding to shiny hunt recently, so I'm aiming for a lot more. Furret's my favourite, so I went for that first.
    Pokémon Silver shinies:
    Gyarados
    Pidgeot
    Ditto
    Furret

There's more on the way. I only just decided to start shiny hunting. Next goal: Rapidash.

Other than Gyarados I was training just outside the day care when I encountered a shiny drowzee. It looked pretty unusual for being purple.
    The marriage between Princess Peach from the Mario world and Cractus from the Wario world will begin

3DS FC: 2552-0845-5282
    Feel free to add me ^_^

I have a quick question involving an old Shiny Ditto glitch:

Does anybody remember how to do the Shiny Ditto glitch that required you to have a Shiny Gyarados, have it know only Mimic and transfer it to R/B/Y and find a wild ditto and have it transform to your Gyarados. Then it should use Mimic twice and it should become a shiny ditto.

I swear the glitch went something like that, but I can't get it to work anymore, any ideas on what I did wrong? (Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum area).
    Credit to Giganerd For this neat Mawile virus!

I claimed Mawile/Kuchiito as my bishie!

Currently playing: 東方怪綺談~ Mystic Square (Oh yes, I'm going reto ~)

I just got a shiny elekid from the odd egg. Last time I played crystal I got a shiny smoochem from the odd egg.

Wow I have a lot to say....

My first shiny pokemon was Venonat. The very first one I saw in the game was shiny, and the flashy animation made me curious enough to catch it. Then all the others had red eyes and I was like "what the crap?" Long after that I started breeding a shiny ditto (the shiny ditto glitch of course) with Eevees hoping to play with a blue-ringed Umbreon on pokemon Stadium 2. Many hours were wasted hatching those eggs, and when it finally hatched I was so excited.

Then I found out that it's ears are only blue in the gameboy/ds games... in Pokemon Stadium 2 they are green and red. ):

Which brings me to why I am here. Does anyone know if there is any kind of list of differences in shiny coloration between Pokemon Stadium 2 and the gameboy games? I tried looking under the Spriter's Resource for pictures but they only had.... pikachu and cleffa I believe... for shiny pictures from Stadium 2. It seems odd that with our crazy amounts of info on glitches and whatnot we wouldn't have something about this somewhere.

The only shiny I have in a gen 2 game (which is Crystal) is a shiny Cleffa from the odd egg. It's now a Clefable I use for my Crystal team. (Gyarados not counting of course.)
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Well let's see...

Other than the Red Gyarados, I've seen a few other shinies. In Crystal the only one I can remember finding was from the Odd Egg, which hatched into a shiny Cleffa. In Silver, on a previous playthrough I found a shiny Venonat, and on my last playthrough before my current one I found a second shiny Gyarados (was fishing in the Lake of Rage to train something and went "What, that's a lame shiny to find randomly") and much later an Arbok. Haven't seen one on my most recent playthrough, but I'm keeping an eye out.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

i got my first 2 generation shiny today, it was shiny cleffa from egg

I had a shinny Ho-Oh, the Red Gyarados and shiny Krabby, all on Silver. The shinny Krabby was found in the cave where you can get Lugia, in the bit of ground just before the entrance to where Lugia is.

Then my battery died. Oh well.

I got a shiny Blissey (hatched as shiny Chansey).

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast