Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

I've had a fair few shinies in my experience.. i'll try to list them all down:

Shinies that I currently have on my stadium 2 cart:
    - ditto (obtained via mimic)
    - gyarados - 0/14/10/10/10/10 dvs, very disappointed, so close to 8/15
    - steelix (no idea about dvs, obtained from friend)
    - tyranitar - 0/10 hp/atk, used him in poke cup round 2, born as larvitar using shiny ditto

Formerly had, have caught:
    - paras (ilex forest)
    - tentacool (near cinnabar)
    - zubat (bruce wayne's mansion)
    - geodude (route 45)
    - hoothoot

But my very first shiny....

In july 2001, i was borrowing a friend's gba with silver. He had done the 8 badges but not the league, and had let me borrow to play around in his save. I went into whirl islands and encountered Lugia, but he had a strange set of sparkles and was a different color to the Lugia i'd remembered (from Pokemon 2000). I caught it and used good tms on it and started training it and all that, totally unaware that it was shiny and unbelievably rare. When i gave the gba back my friend was annoyed that i'd used his tms on things, so he restarted. Considering how soon after the game had come out, this could have been one of the earliest encounters with a shiny legendary... i can't imagine there have been more than a handful ever, even since then.

Now i can just do the dv trick with the gb tower to transfer shiny dvs to anything i feel like, but it'll always be special if i run into a shiny legitimately. I always carry a few master balls just in case

So I was just on bulbapedia checking out some Pokemons info. After a couple I check my favourites Golduck. I read the details and eventually got to what it looks like in every game and as I was scrolling I was looking at the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald sprites of the normal and shiny and thought thats terrible, the normal golduck sprite should be like the yellow one and as I went up to look at the yellow one I thought wait why is there two golducks on Gold and Silver (because I forgot about shiny pokemon back then) and saw the shiny Golduck and it hit me, I had that Golduck in my first crystal game, thus making it my first shiny. At the time I didn't think it was shiny because I only had one Golduck and thought it just looked different from behind like different colour and always thought to myself that it should of been that colour on the front. So really Golduck was my first ever shiny (if you don't count Gyarados)! What are the chances hey

P.s I know it sounds ridiculous and you may think that I am just saying this because it's my favourite pokemon but really I am not. Why would I even care about that, I am 19 for god sake and have had over 100 different shiny Pokemon in the past.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

A few minutes ago, I was searching Route 37 for Suicune, who the Pokédex told me was currently residing there.
    Instead, I found a Shiny Stantler!
    Not counting Red Gyarados, this is - I think, I am not completely sure - the first Shiny I ever encountered in a handheld game (I discovered Shiny Pokémon before when playing the games on a computer emulator), so this is really something for me. Suicune got away with its damned Roar a minute afterwards, but I don't really mind. Fair trade, I'd say!

Man, the other day I ran into a shiny Tentacool outside of Cianwood.

And I was out of pokeballs. Freakin' story of my life.

I encountered a Shiny Unown (F) at the Ruins of Alph last week on Gold version. I was just wandering around the ruins trying to get all the different Unown and it appeared. At first when it appeared I was disappointed because I thought it was just another Unown that I already had, but when I saw it sparkle, I got so excited. Catching it was a tough operation though. I couldn't weaken it so I tossed Poke Balls and Great Balls, and it took a long time to finally snag that thing. After I captured it I sort of browsed through its stats and then I deposited it. I don't plan on using it or anything; it's just something that's neat to look at.

I just caught a shiny stantler on a crystal run

Around two months ago I caught a shiny sentret, which I evoled into a lovely bright pink furret :P

Unforutatly both these runs were on an emulater on my phone, so I cant show you any pictures, sorry. Wish my old gameboy silver/crystal roms still worked, darn battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 View Post
    If Pokémon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1y1uep.jpg[/IMG]

Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".

Just some of my favorite Pokemon

I ran into a shiny Suicune on Crystal today after spending a number of sessions over the past month or so soft resetting for one in the Tin Tower. While I thought that I was sufficiently prepared to battle and capture it, I soon found out that I was wrong. With 24 Ultra Balls, 15 Poke Balls and 18 Great Balls in my bag (my Master Ball was used on Lugia earlier on), I used my Lanturn to paralyse it before sending out Ariados to weaken it with Night Shade. When its HP was low, I proceeded by throwing ball after ball at it with EVERY one of them failing. Suffice to say I was, and still am, gutted. However, I am far from giving up on catching a shiny Suicune.

Spoiler:- Picture:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 14th April 2013 at 7:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    I ran into a shiny Suicune on Crystal today after spending a number of sessions over the past month or so soft resetting for one in the Tin Tower. While I thought that I was sufficiently prepared to battle and capture it, I soon found out that I was wrong. With 24 Ultra Balls, 15 Poke Balls and 18 Great Balls in my bag (my Master Ball was used on Lugia earlier on), I used my Lanturn to paralyse it before sending out Ariados to weaken it with Night Shade. When its HP was low, I proceeded by throwing ball after ball at it with EVERY one of them failing. Suffice to say I was, and still am, gutted. However, I am far from giving up on catching a shiny Suicune.

I know that feel. I soft reseted fir Suicune on my Crystal and had to use my Master Ball on it. A month later I reseted for Shiny Lugia. I found it, but every one of my Ultra Balls failed and it struggled to death. Biggest fail in my shiny hunting career.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I only saw one shiny Pokémon in my entire play-through of Silver version, and that was a shiny Ponyta. I found it by chance at Mount Silver one morning before I was to go to school, and my jaw had dropped when I saw it. I wanted to catch it, I really did, but the stupid Pokémon fled :/. I was kinda interested in getting shiny Pokémon when I first heard of it and later saw it, but I was never the patient type, so I never attempted to search for shinies.

Yup.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post

True to my word, I didn't give up on encountering another Shiny Suicune and after three long weeks of searching, Suicune finally shone again! It felt like a tougher search than last time, but I felt fairly safe with the knowledge that I bought over 100 Ultra Balls in preparation for the encounter. After failing to catch Suicune in well over half of my Ultra Balls, I was beginning to worry that the battle would drag out to the extent that either it would Struggle itself to death or I would run out of Ultras to catch it with. To my relief it was successfully caught after a while and I was overjoyed!

Spoiler:- Behold the majesty within!:

I have a shiny Ditto, Blissey and Togetic
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

So i decided to restart my Crystal version to hunt shinies and i was wondering, can gift Pokemon be shiny? For example Bill's Eevee, that guy in Cianwoods Shuckle or the Extremespeed Dratini? Also what about Game Corner prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Toaker View Post
    So i decided to restart my Crystal version to hunt shinies and i was wondering, can gift Pokemon be shiny? For example Bill's Eevee, that guy in Cianwoods Shuckle or the Extremespeed Dratini? Also what about Game Corner prizes?
    I may be mistaken on this but I believe any pokémon can be shiny. Shininess is determined by a pokémon's IVs and i think they all have random IVs, so they can be shiny.
    I really need something to put here.

I had a shiny Pidgey on my original Gold version. I didn't know what it was back then though, and it was some weird glitch. And since I already a had a higher level Pidgeotto on my team at the time, I just boxed the thing. I only found out what shiny pokemon were AFTER I had later deleted the save file and started over.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

I got a shiny pidgey in the bug catching contest in crystal. The red gyrados. Rest in my sig.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

kinda new here. I just wanted to share my list of shinies.

Slugma at route 18 when I'm grinding my pichu
    Ratata at Union Cave
    Nidorina at route 15 (2 days still haven't seen any chansey)
    Geodude near new bark town
    Zubat from dark cave near violet city
    Ursaring and Golbat at Mt. Silver

Edit:

forgot to include Stantler when chasing Entei below Ecruteak.
    Last edited by whowantshoney; 25th July 2013 at 7:24 AM.

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

Got a Shiny Lugia after 10,881 SR's, A Shiny Lapras after 3,441 SR's, and A Shiny Eevee with 245 SR's

Iv'e been playing Pokemon ever since you were programmed.

Spoiler:- My Party :

I've caught one shiny Rattata before, and that accounts for the the only Shiny I have ever caught in GSC. I've never actually hunted them either, but I think that I might want to start!

Lord i can only remember i had one shiny on gold that was the first shiny i had besides gyarados.
    I found a shiny Growlithe when i was on my way to wake up the dog trio.
    No idea about the IV's i still dont know how to find those things out haha

Don't the pokemon egg that you get from the breeders have a 50/50 chance of being shiny?

I found a shiny bear thing (Can't remember the name starts with a t) in victory road.
    ~Gen 1 will always be the best.~

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow... Red & Blue & Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by classic myth View Post
    I found a shiny bear thing (Can't remember the name starts with a t) in victory road.
    That might have been a Teddiursa I think. Not sure if they are found in Victory Road but that is as close to a 'bear thing' as I can think.

The only shiny I've ever found thus far was in Silver - a Geodude on Route 3(? the one outside Azalea Town/Slowpoke Well/et al). Had no idea what to do with it - I don't think I even knew what a shiny was back then - so I just boxed it. I probably caught a few red Gyaradoses too, but that doesn't stick out in my memory as much since it was a plot point.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

Hmmm my Crystal Shinies;
    Magby and Hitmonlee, both Odd Egg
    Krabby,caught by fishing in Cianwood City
    Caterpie, caught on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house.
    And of course the Gyarados everyone gets ;P
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

The first shiny I ever caught was a Swinub in Crystal. Then, when it evolved to Piloswine, for the longest time I thought it wasn't shiny anymore, because I apparently wasn't sure on what a Piloswine was naturally colored XD It was years later before I realized that they're normally brown, not gold, and I still had something special.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast