Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

Default The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

Because the other one was from 2004. o.O

This is the official place to chat about anything to do with Shiny Pokémon! Which ones you own, how you got them, if you've been hunting for any or are soft-resetting for them - anything you want!

To start off, I myself have caught three Shinies, each from a different game.
    Totodile I got as a starter in my Silver version (at first thought it was a glitch and almost deleted it!), I found a Weepinbell while playing my cousin's SIlver, then found a Shiny Geodude in Crystal.

I had been soft-resetting for Shiny Ho-Oh in my Gold and had traded over a Shiny Ditto from R/B/Y to try to breed for a Shiny, but then my internal battery died in both games. *sigh*

And you?

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

In Gold & Silver I have found two shinies, both times before I had got my first badge.

The first that I found was a shiny Geodude in my first ever Silver file. Right after I got my five Pokeballs, I went on the first route north and found it after battling a few times. Like Psychic, I thought it was a glitch, but I still caught it. Weary of what it could do, I put it in my box and never let it see the light of day. It was still there when my internal battery died six years later.

After a couple of games in Gold, I decided to get a Onix from a guy in the Violet City and beat Falkner. When I traded with the guy, I noticed that the Onix was shiny. By then I knew what being shiny meant so I brought it up to Lv 100 and made it a Steelix.
    Last edited by PocketmonMaster; 19th September 2008 at 3:51 AM.

...Far over the hilltops, the Sun may shine, but there is a Storm brewing beyond the sea...

UserBar made by me and Rolling Pokeballs Animated by me

i never got a shiny on my silver (although i may have and never noticed it, i was 7 or 8 at the time) but whenever i find a shiny it is either my opponent's or an extremely common pokemon, by the time i got a shiny i know what a shiny was so i didnt almost delete it. im serious about this every shiny i have ever found was so common i almost destroyed my game out of anger, here is my list of shinies that i have found and the game i found them in
    Zubat: Emerald
    Epseon (opponent's): Emerald
    Zigzagoon: Emerald
    Starly: Pearl
    i also have a shiny ho-oh that i traded for

btw what does bishie mean?
    Woot 20th Post
    Click the userbar to be taken straight to Spriting &
    Graphic inc.'s thread.
    ~

"I believe that Pokemon are nothing more than data to be collected.
    I believe that when you release a Pokemon you are not releasing it into the wild where it will be happy,
    I believe that you are deleting it from existence.
    I believe that Pokemon is a game and that everything in the game should be shared around if able.
    I believe people who are against cloning are selfish and wish to keep rare pokemon
    and the happiness that comes with them for themsleves."
    The Pro-cloner's Creed

I'm SR'ing for one of my favourite shinies in Crystal; shiny Suicune. I've been after it since June, so I hope it appears soon.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 12th August 2008 at 7:27 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

i will never forget when i dropped my gameboy and the batteries fell out right after i caught a shiny raticate
    my first ever shiny and it was gone..
    i encountered 3 random shinies in gold version.. which is quite alot because i have not encountered another random shiny on any game since..
    Raticate- i wrote about that one above
    Geodude- self destructed itself..
    Ursaring- caught it.. saved my game.. then my cousin stole it and his internal battery died on his crystal version..
    so no g/s/c shinies anymore

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Nice to see a new version of this thread.

Anyways, the only shiny I obtained in Gold, other than Gyarados, was a Rattata on Route 1 in Kanto. In a way, I was quite annoyed because Rattata must be one of the least precious shinies. The good thing was that the Rattata was very easy to catch. I eventually evolved it into a Raticate and bred it for ages, because at the time I thought a shiny Pokemon's offspring had a greater chance of being shiny.

This event also caused me to have deja vu when I found a shiny Rattata on Route 1 in Leaf Green.

I'm very happy to say that shiny Suicune just appeared in Crystal. And appropriately enough it was pouring with rain outside at the time. ^_^

Shiny Suicune appeared: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...inySuicune.jpg

This is the first G/S/C shiny I've aquired via SR'ing, and Suicune is my favourite shiny, so I'm very pleased it decided to appear.

Now I'm going to set up my N64, transfer it over to Pokemon Stadium 2, and take some pictures of it in all its 3D glory. *_*

I plan on SR'ing for a shiny Ho-oh next.

EDIT: Shiny Suicune in Pokemon Stadium 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...es/Suicune.jpg
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 12th August 2008 at 8:18 PM.

I met a shiny Gligar once. I tried to catch it, but I ran out of balls to catch it with. Dx

I think it was in my Silver, but it might have been in Gold. :/

The only shiny I've ever encountered was the shiny red gyarados.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered I have encountered a shiny, Rattata, just outside Goldenrod City
    Last edited by Hurricos; 13th August 2008 at 4:58 AM.
    Currently:

Playing Blackand White

Congrats on the Shiny Suicune, Helio oO

@Shuckle Man: Breeding with a shiny parent in G/S/C DOES increase the chance to a massive 1/64.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

I remember getting a red chikorita in silver once for my starter. I also encountered a shiny growlithe once, but I couldn't get it because I ran out of pokeballs.
    The cake is a LIE!

Post My personal favorites

I remember getting a red chikorita in silver once for my starter. I also encountered a shiny growlithe once, but I couldn't get it because I ran out of pokeballs.
    The cake is a LIE!

In Pokemon Crystal, I captured a shiny Noctowl when I was training for that Pokemon League. I also captured a shiny Ditto on my way to Goldenrod. Bred a shiny Eevee with it. Currently trying to breed a shiny Smoochum.

I got a shiny Cleffa from the Odd Egg too, if that counts. :/

twin: Shiny Bashamo | banner: Skiyomi | profile picture: Northern Lights

I have the worst luck....

3 games on my Gold cartridge, and i haven't seen one (non gyarados) shiny yet!
    I'm REALLY want a shiny ponyta but I've looked around Silver cave for hours and still haven't had any luck. Any tips?

Also, i still have the Aerodactyl/Onyx/Rhydon trades left....would soft resetting actually increase my chances of getting a shiny there?

The only Shiny I've ever encountered (besides Gyrados, of course) was a Snubbull outside the Daycare Center in Gold. It fled before I could catch it though... Not that a Shiny Snubbull is really high on my "Shiny Want List"...
    Last edited by omniouswind; 17th August 2008 at 8:08 AM. Reason: ZOMG Rank Up

d00med n0w

Of ALL the days to get INCREDIBLY lucky, today, i got a shiny raticate, female, lvl 16 in Mount Mortar.

I was SR'ing to get a shiny Tyrogue but got bored, and as i was leaving, shwoop: Shiny Raticate!!!!!

I caught a Shiney Ho-ho in my crystal and a shiney pidgey (don't tell Aura Ash)

XClaimsX

I've had a shiny copy of every single Pokemon in Gold... but they were all hacked XD.

The only legit shiny Pokemon that I caught was the Red Gyarados. I didn't know about shinies until I completed the game, and so if I did see one, I wouldn't have known about it.

i only ever saw one shiny...a bellsprout and I didn't know what shiny pokemon were and fainted it :'(

From the DragCave crew...

I caught a shiny Pidgey one day in a teeny little patch of grass between Viridian Forest and Pewter City in my Crystal game. It was my first ever shiny, aside from the standard Gyarados. Sadly, my internal battery is now dead, so I don't have those shinies anymore
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Today, after seven years, I finally encountered my first ever random 2nd gen shiny; a shiny Ursaring. ^_^

My first Shiny was caught on G/S/C

Sliver in fact, it was a Pink Mareep. I'll never forget it, as shiny ampharos was my favourite shiny ever. It's a shame my brother started it again...
    Greetings, I'm still a PASBLer.

I had a shiny Poliwag and a shiny Suicune in Crystal. Poliwag was my first ever shiny(Gyarados doesn't count). I was fishing in Ecruteak, to look for a Poliwag for my team. It was the first Pokemon I found on the line. Luckily I knew what shinies were after catching the shiny Gyarados in Gold, so I wasted no time catching it.

Shiny Suicune was an awesome find. I think I had around 5-10 resets(because I kept fainting it by mistake ), when I noticed the Suicune wasn't like the other ones. When the sparkles flew around it I was amazed. Unfortunately, when I turned on the game one day, my save file was corrupted so I lost both of them.

I found a shiny Pidgey and Rattata, right after another, but I didn't know what they were, so I killed them. Because I found two pokemon with sparkles, I thought my game was glitched, but then, after looking it up, I had my brother Falcon PUnch me. But I was smart enough to catch the red gyrados. :P
    Somewhat back I would suppose.

I had a shiny wiggly tuff from the day care man. Awsome!@

Awesome signature, by lil crickee!
    Glaceon Is my bro!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast