Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    I'm very happy to say that shiny Suicune just appeared in Crystal. And appropriately enough it was pouring with rain outside at the time. ^_^

Shiny Suicune appeared: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...inySuicune.jpg

This is the first G/S/C shiny I've aquired via SR'ing, and Suicune is my favourite shiny, so I'm very pleased it decided to appear.

Now I'm going to set up my N64, transfer it over to Pokemon Stadium 2, and take some pictures of it in all its 3D glory. *_*

I plan on SR'ing for a shiny Ho-oh next.

EDIT: Shiny Suicune in Pokemon Stadium 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...es/Suicune.jpg
    dude i want to kiss you for this, i was starting to lose hope that suicune isn't soft-reset able sinc i'm busy with it for like two days or so but now that i know it can be done i'll try again.

what's the shiny catch rate in crystal again? 1 on the ???
    does someone know?

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

It's around 1/65535. (65535 being hex FFFF or FFF, IIRC)

K well back in the day, seriously like 7 years ago, i was playing Pokemon Gold in my bed. I mean this was REALLY late. I was bored, so I made my way to Ilex Forest. I cut down that one tree, and randomly started to headbutt the tree to the left of it. No word of a lie, a Shiyn Red Caterpie appeared! So i caught it. The next day i looked it up on the internet. Sure enough, at like 2am or so on a tuesday will get you that.....like WHAT ARE THE ODDS. Yeah man!

Just now I'm playing pokemon crystal. While training my Ariados in Route 39 (right above Olivine City). I'd say this was 8ish minutes ago, so like 1:32 am, approx.. Anyhow, I'm training in the vertically horizontal patch on the very left, when a Shiny Raticate appears! WHAAAT??!??!?!?!?!!!?!?! I know right?! Some luck! Anyways I caught it now!!

I've never seen a shiny pokemon in any pokemon game other than II Gen

Man, hatching for shinies is driving me nuts. @_@

Trying for a shiny Squirtle at the moment. Hopefully one will appear very soon. :3

I've been trying for a Scyther for quite a while *these are all bred with shiny parents*, but still, nothing.

My boyfriend found a shiny Ditto yesterday, but he didn't realise it was shiny until he fainted it... --.-- Silly boi...
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    No word of a lie, a Shiyn Red Caterpie appeared!
    Let me correct this:

No word of a lie, a Shiny Yellow/Gold Caterpie appeared!

Sorry mate, I think you lied =O

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    It's around 1/65535. (65535 being hex FFFF or FFF, IIRC)
    It's based on DV's.
    The chance in G/S/C is 1/8192 just like the other games.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Yeah I mean look at my avatar...
    I have only caught one shiny in G/S/C and that was the Gyrados.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Gyarados and ditto, trying to breed a shiny Evee that I can clone for all Eeveelutions, then onto dratini!

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    i never got a shiny on my silver (although i may have and never noticed it, i was 7 or 8 at the time) but whenever i find a shiny it is either my opponent's or an extremely common pokemon, by the time i got a shiny i know what a shiny was so i didnt almost delete it. im serious about this every shiny i have ever found was so common i almost destroyed my game out of anger, here is my list of shinies that i have found and the game i found them in
    Zubat: Emerald
    Epseon (opponent's): Emerald
    Zigzagoon: Emerald
    Starly: Pearl
    i also have a shiny ho-oh that i traded for

btw what does bishie mean?
    Woot 20th Post
    'Bishie' comes from the Japanese word 'bishounen' which can mean 'pretty boy', 'handsome boy', or 'hot guy'. (I prefer 'kakkoi' it literally means 'hottie' in Japanese).

Lesse...my first shiny would be the Red Gyarados (duh). I never did have that great of luck with finding any shinies....I did happen to find two on my very first Crystal Version (which doesn't work now because I had let someone at my school borrow it and I kept asking for it back and he didn't return it until a week later and it was all messed up! It wouldn't play at all!) The shinies I found were: Tentacool on Route34 and Nidoran (M) in the National Park. Of course, I didn't know ANYTHING about shinies (hey, I was figuring everything out on my own--I had no friends interested in Pokemon and at the time I had no internet. I didn't even know how to use the internet). I knew they were different and I wanted to catch them, but both times I didn't have any Pokeballs with me....-_-U That's when I learned to always carry Pokeballs...

The third shiny I found was on my second Crystal Version. It was a Caterpie. I found it in Ilex Forest and actually caught it. I hated the fact that it was a bug-type Pokemon (because I thought the bug-type Pokemon were all REALLY weak), but once it evolved into Butterfree, I had a blast training it!! ^_^ I even trained it to Lv100! (No, I didn't cheat to get it to Lv100, because I don't have any cheating devices for anything under the GBA.)

I defeated a Shiny Gyrados.
    ;Shadow Tomb

Beside the red Gyarados.. I remember I gotten shiny Donphan, Tangela and Spearow in my Silver. Found shiny Golbat and Meowth in my Crystal. Sadly.. I lost Silver and crystal's batteries died.. x_x I gotten the shiny Ditto through the glitch, but I never knew about the 1/64 breeding shiny odds.
    I never found any random shinies in Gold.
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

I catched a shiny Goldeen in cerulean ( the berserk gene thing lead me to the shiny )

on my second run of pokemon gold i didn't have any pokeballs when i was going through illix forest then i came up against a shiny metapod (until i got a shiny swinub and nidoran male i thaught that all shiny pokemon were red)
    Karasu (also known as Yuu) is the best!
    credits to Chaos Element: X for this great banner

Just saw and caught a Shiny Donphan after not playing Crytal after a while. Saw the shiny in less than 5 pokemon battles which was lucky xD

When I was aiming to get a shiny Totodile, I got one on my first soft reset! I also got a shiny Ditto with the Pokemon Yellow glitch, and a shiny Cleffable I think...
    Had to remove image because of SPPf sig rules. :c </3
    *Nom Nom Nom*

Does the higher chance of breeding a shiny apply with the shiny gyarados?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Hello everyone...
    I'm new here, so this is my first message. o/
    As for the shinies... I've met/had a few ones:

My first shiny was a Pidgey, in Route 29.
    I remember once when I was at the Bug-Catching-Contest and I found a shiny Weedle. Didn't have a chance to catch it though, because my Pok&#233;mon was poisoned and 1 turn and he was done.
    Once, I bred a Ninetales with a shiny Ditto and I got a shiny Vulpix in the first shot.
    During my last journey, I caught a shiny Venonat at the Illex Forest.
    I also caught a shiny Machoke, inside the silver cave (Level 45).
    Also, there is this day, which is probably one of the best days as a Pok&#233;mon Trainer:
    I was training my Typhlosion in that Route that you can find Mantine and suddenly, a shiny Tentacool popped out. I caught him and a few minutes later... I got Pok&#233;rus from a wild Tentacruel in the same location. \o/ It was the only time I was able to get the ultra-rare virus. I infected every single Pok&#233;mon that I had, and after 24 hours it was gone. =/
    In my most recent save, I was able to see a shiny Bellsprout in the first time I went to Route 31, right before I could reach Violet City. I was surprised, because I never saw a shiny that early.
    Recently (last month), when I putted Team Rocket out of business in Mahogany, I decided to desactivate those traps that lies on the first floor (in forms of wild Geodudes, Voltorbs or Koffings). The first one who poped out was a Voltorb and I was like "Bah, I'll just make it faint and go.", but then, the screen flashes and it was a blue Voltorb! Can't use it for breeding purposes though, but still it's worth it for shiny collection.
    I was able to find 2 shiny Tangelas during my journeys. Both were met at the silver cave entrance. The first one was mine. The second time, it ran away. =/
    I did the shiny Ditto glitch and traded it to my Crystal.
    I've caught a shiny Skarmory once.
    If you take the Odd Egg into account, then I got 2 shiny Smoochums, the first was in a long forgotten journey and the second is in my recent playthrough.

Well... I think my beloved Crystal version is somehow blessed, because everytime I restart a new journey, at least 1 shiny appears in front of me. Recently, I decided not to restart journeys anymore \o. My current shines are: Bellsprout (Route 31), Jynx (Odd Egg), Voltorb (Rocket's Hideout) and the Red Gyarados (should be obvious). Also, keep in mind that I have Crystal since October 2001, and I've played A LOT of times since then and, of course, my Crystal is '"virgin" 'cause I never used GS on it, and i'm quite proud of it. ^^
    Last edited by Neathyr; 27th January 2009 at 3:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Does the higher chance of breeding a shiny apply with the shiny gyarados?
    Duh, are you really asking that?

It is shiny, so yes.

On Gold I caught a shiny Mantine and my friends named it Flubberfish.
    Then I had found a shiny Houndour like years later.

On Crystal i just have a shiny Smoochum.

Once I was swimming to Cianwood, I noticed that one Tentacool was grey on those things on the head, and I saw those star things.
    I also met a shiny Drowsee, but I saw it to late and ran away. When it stood "got away safely" I noticed that Drowsee was blue instead of yellow.

My first real shiny was my starter - About my 10th or so play through of silver - Chikorita

I then went on to discover a shiny Onyx about 60 hours into the same save which I unfortunately failed to catch.

I also caught a shiny phanphy on my gold cartridge and cant for the life of me remember what happened to it;

Most recently I caught a shiny zubat on my friends copy of silver which I gave to him as he is a fan of Crobat - although its pink now;

I have had a really good run with shinys but I daresay I have racked up easily in excess of 800 hours on GSC alone so it has been hard work

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

lol after I got my Sapphire I passed my Crystal along to my younger sister, her first time playing, she caught a shiny magikarp, and tenacruel (as well as the gyarados) within a week!
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Huh. Caught a shiny Raticate near Lake of Rage on the eve of Wednesday, and a shiny Graveler in Victory Road on the morn of Sunday.

Pretty lucky with Graveler, too. I had no Master Ball but my first Ultra Ball caught it on full health.

The only shiny I have ever found in GSC is here's the surprize, GYARADOS XD i have the worst luck with shinies XD

I was REALLY lucky and caught a shiny Ho-oh in Cyrstal and I used my MB strait away! But apart from Gyarados I didnt have any apart from that, not even that egg spme guy gives to you.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

While I was hatching the Odd Egg, I accidently went into some grass and what do you know, a shiny Ditto appeared. It took awile to catch it but I did! Then after that, a shiny Cleffa came out of the Odd Egg. Now I am hatching for a Shiny Phanpy using the Shiny Ditto and a normal Phanpy. 40 eggs and nothing so far.
    Under Construction!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast