Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

In pokemon crystal, I found a shiny Ditto by the daycare randomly.

My first one was a shiny Miltank I got when hunting for Suicune in Silver.
    I then found a shiny Tentacool on my way to catch yet another Lapras and a shiny Tangela when looking for a Mr. Mime.
    On Crystal a shiny Cleffa hatched from the egg you receive at the day care, but I forgot to trade it over to Stadium 2 before starting a new game.

I remember thinking, at that point not knowing about the existence of shiny pokemon, that shiny Pokemon were sort of roaming pokemon in Crystal. Because I encountered a shiny Golbat a few times in the Ice Path. On the second or third occasion in did manage to catch it. I also once encountered a shiny Sneasel in Crystal once, but I think I accidentely defeated it.
    Latest Shiny

Horde Hunting - Meteor Falls
    ~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | HeartGold BadgeQuest |~

I'm currently trying to hatch me a shiny miltank, currently I've only hatched 32 eggs...

Credits to Snowflake for the userbar

A shiny Abra had no idea what a shiny was at the time. I was looking for a abra at the time to and actually caught it without it teleporting.

I haz 3 shinies :c Kangaskhan,Slowbro,Rapidash
    == LATIOS TEAM! ==

HOENN TEAM:

Aside from the red gyarados, the only shiny I ever found in crystal was a weedle I caught in a bug-catching contest. Needless to say I evolved it, and tried to breed more shinnies from it.
    Grey Wing

My friend code: 0963-0723-5805

Man I put 300+ hours into my Gold before the game corrupted.
    Some of my best memories with that had to have been finding a pink Butterfree, hatching a shiny Tyrouge, and battling Red for the first time.
    Back then I didn't have internet nor someone to tell me what to do or how to play it. Finding Kanto was also a mind blowing moment for me as a kid. I remember not liking that they took out the Safari Zone, but battling all the gym leaders again was epic.
    I was also confused why Cinnabar Island was the way it was. But man what fun times. I only wish I had caught the legendary's haha.

Is there any way to see if the Pokemon is a shiny while playing G/S on a GameBoy?
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Sapphire

Only if you have the sound turned up and watch intently. Should still produce sparkles and the sound effect.

My first ever shiny was on Gold. Long before I caught the Red Gyarados, I found a Shiny Hoppip just before Azalea Town. I later reclaimed that Hoppip in Platinum. Definitely miss my original Hoppip.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulcam View Post
    Is there any way to see if the Pokemon is a shiny while playing G/S on a GameBoy?
    In addition to what the above poster said, there should also be a marking next to the Pokemon's gender/in the top right corner on the status screen indicating that it's shiny (as seen here).
    ~ * * ~

Quote Originally Posted by spaulcam View Post
    And in addition to that, there should be an animation which the screen turns dark and stars whirl around the Pokemon when encountered and when you send it out into battle.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 1st July 2015 at 12:06 AM.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Bagon (タツベイ)!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011