Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

Today I got my first ever wild shiney on crystal It was Hoothoot! Wow! Only took like 8 years!!!
    Mystic Power

I just caught a shiny diglet not ten minutes ago. I was just running through and i ran into it.

XClaimsX

Wow, I think I got lucky this time.
    I went to get the shiny Gyarados and I saw a shiny snubull on the way
    Of course, I used all my Pokeballs without trying to hurt it....you never know what might of happened 0_o
    To (s.i.e): Move out of yo moms basement and get a life you freakin' prick!

I've been trying to get a shiny out of the odd egg on my crystal for a while. I can't seem to get it. Just double checking, it does work, right?
    Complete Nuzlocke All-star Team

Quote Originally Posted by Spncrbrrtt View Post
    I've been trying to get a shiny out of the odd egg on my crystal for a while. I can't seem to get it. Just double checking, it does work, right?
    It definitely does work. If you're playing a non-Japanese version game it's only a 12.5&#37; chance of hatching a shiny, so it may take just a little bit longer. <:

The Japanese version is 50% chance. Lucky guys...

I'm trying to hatch a shiny Totodile with my shiny Seadra as a parent. Hatched over 300 eggs and still nothing! D:

Darn. I haven't found a random encounter shiny on the Gen 2 games in over 7 years now. :/ Just hatched a whole heap. I hope playing through this newly started Gold game I'll find something good. <:
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 29th June 2009 at 6:59 AM.
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

HAHA imm SOOOO happy i caught this and got quite Excited well any ways i found a Shiny Corsala in Olivine )
    <insert Witty catch phrase hear>

In my Crystal, I encountered a shiny Sandshrew in Union Cave.
    HOWEVER, I didn't catch it because SO BAD that the PC box is full and I forgot to switch the box...*frustrating*

Also, I got a shiny Elekid by hatching the Odd Egg.
    Last edited by leilukin; 30th June 2009 at 10:57 AM.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

I got a shiny Lapras in Silver but my darn PC Box was full!I had to let it go!

........sob...........
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2en9hmt.png[/IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If anybody wants Pokemon with Pokerus,contact me via PM
    Platinum Friend Code :2536 3632 4456
    Soul Silver FC : 2494 0321 7044
    Time Zone :+5.5(IST, I am from India)

Spoiler:- Credits:

My one and only wild shiny in my history of Pokemon was a wild Graveler in Gold. Fail.
    My TSVs are 1021 and 1558

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you! Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 2844, 2955

when i transfered a ditto from my red version to my gold,it was a shiny.i was puzzled first time,but it was a blue ditto after that i encountered a shiny jynx and hatched into a shiny smoochum.
    interesting story,isn't it?
    No$GBA RULAZ!

No breeding, no EV calculating, no cheats.

Rolling is my life!
    Sandshrew <3

-.-

In playing three (now 2 RIP Gold) 2nd gen games I have found exactly 0 shiny pokemon outside of the odd egg and gyarados. Maybe I'm just unlucky considering I've only found 2 in ruby, diamond, and leaf green combined. By the way, does anyone know what the odds of finding one are? I know they are microscopically small.

Aside from Red Gyarados, I only had one other shiny in crystal, my awesome shiny Meowth which I evolved into a Persian. But its gone now, since my ingame batteries died...
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

i only had one shiny in my life. it was a graveler on crystal. i'm sad its gone

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

On Gold I spent hours searching for a Shiny Hoothoot and eventually found one, evolving it into a Noctowl (inspired by the anime of course, lol.)

On my Crystal version I had shinies of Rattata/Raticate, Tangela and Tyrogue/Hitmonchan.

Please, Feed Me.
    I have claimed MAGMAR

Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Aside from Red Gyarados, I only had one other shiny in crystal, my awesome shiny Meowth which I evolved into a Persian. But its gone now, since my ingame batteries died...
    I know how you feel. I had a shiny Ariados on my crystal, but my battery died as well.

On my silver I have a shiny Tangela, and on my crystal(I changed the battery now), I got a shiny Smoochum from the odd egg.
    Darkness, and light become one
    Beneath this heart shaped moon.
    Sometimes, the line can seem blurred
    To even those of good.
    And now, even once good friends
    have turned against each other.
    Yet there seems to be, no escape...(no escape... no escape...)
    Will you run away? Will you run away,
    To the castle ruins of yesterday?
    What can become, of this hopeless endeavor you seek?
    What hope can it bring?
    Will you run and hide, or stand tall and fight
    Against all that you have ever believed in?
    And watch as crimson tides consume this
    World that never was.

hey everyone, i got a question for you:
    so i caught i shiny ditto and gave it to the daycare (in crystal) with a normal pikachu. so is it possible to get a shiny pichu with SR when the egg hatches?
    i'm doing this to get a shiny pikachu.

Breeding something with a shiny Ditto in GSC gives a 1/64 chance of the offspring being shiny. If its like the newer games and the IVs are determined after you get the egg, then you should be able to SR for it. Just be sure to save before talking with the day-care man, and not after you get the egg. I always do it normally, though.

If you're persistent, you'll get your shiny Pichu eventually. =)

thanks for your answer.
    ok so you mean i should save, take the egg, walk the 2500 steps and if it's no shiny, SR and take the egg again (and do all the walking again)? D;
    i should prolly just take every egg without SR and just hatch them and hope i'll get a shiny.

could anyone tell me when in crystal it's determined that the pokemon in the egg is a shiny or not. when you get the egg from the daycare person or when it hatches?

Quote Originally Posted by RawrBrains View Post
    thanks for your answer.
    i should prolly just take every egg without SR and just hatch them and hope i'll get a shiny.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "doing it normally". Sorry if I didn't make that very clear. Given the circumstances, it would be much faster to just hatch eggs in bulk, and not worry about saving/SRing. That's what I've been doing, and I've had lot's of success with this method.

You can just release all the offspring you don't want after you get your shiny.

alright thanks alot!
    so i'll now be hatching alot of eggs. (:

oh and is there any method to get a shiny mew? /:
    Last edited by RawrBrains; 26th August 2009 at 9:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RawrBrains View Post
    oh and is there any method to get a shiny mew? /:
    The only real way to get a Mew nowadays in the first place is to glitch in RBY, and you won't really able to influence its IVs to make it shiny. So I guess the only way is to catch one, and hope it turns out shiny when traded to GSC. =(

Maybe if there's a glitch to make the wild Mew Lv. 10+ so it knew Transform, you could easily make it shiny, but I don't even know if such a glitch exists. =/

i saw someone using a scyther that had swords dance and a shiny gyrados with mimikry who tried to catch a shiny mew. when he viewed the 'shiny mew' it looked like a shiny ditto so i'm not sure if it really works.

oh also, the time the daycare needs to give you an egg is random right? :/

btw, i got a shiny smoochum from the daycare-guy when he gave me the egg he had left over. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Narshen View Post
    The only real way to get a Mew nowadays in the first place is to glitch in RBY, and you won't really able to influence its IVs to make it shiny. So I guess the only way is to catch one, and hope it turns out shiny when traded to GSC. =(

Maybe if there's a glitch to make the wild Mew Lv. 10+ so it knew Transform, you could easily make it shiny, but I don't even know if such a glitch exists. =/
    Actually there is. You can make it up to Lv.15. All you have to do is have the poke with the 21 sp. use an attack boosting move.

The level of the glitch poke you encounter is based off the attack multiplier. there are six levels up and six levels down from where you start. So the range is Lv. 1 to Lv. 15. Since most people don't bother with things like growl, and usually kill the deciding poke too fast for it to use anything, the mew is on 7. BUT if you made a poke with 21 sp. have only swords dance and no other moves, and then went and found a ditto for the deciding poke, waited three turns and THEN killed it, your mew would be on 15.
    Last edited by AyameHikaru; 29th August 2009 at 6:03 PM.
    Pokemon players are smart... responsible....
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Skip class!
    ......oh, nevermind.

NEWS FLASH: I actually exist again![/CENTER]

yeah i think i have to try that aswell.
    i found a video about this trick on youtube, it semi works. i'll try it.

anyone else got a shiny pokemon from the daycare man with the mysterious egg he gives you?

Once I caught a red gyrados I breed it and got a shiny magikarp
    my party

Beat all pokemon games and still going
    Started pearl again now going for the elite 4

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast