Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Camping It Up! (556)

I found it ironic that Ash got a Raichu, it was so timid though. I also like that Angie is like a female Ash and their personalities clash. Nice episode.

Well there you go what the anime would be like if Ash had a Raichu lol, that's the closest people will get to seeing Ash with a Raichu (Unless he catches one for himself and has Pikachu still).

This episode wasn't too bad, I liked seeing Dawn and Grimer who seemed pretty good, it was funny how Grimer posed the same way as Dawn.

Is there a scene cut with Dawn and etc meeting Conway again? We see him in the first few scenes talking to Venonat and then at the bedroom where he says "I could be Dawn's partner" and it sounds like they already met up with him.

Jessie gets to have a Smoochum for a few episode, it's a shame they don't get to keep these Pokemon. I bet if James had joined in he would have had a Victreebel or some gnawing or hugging yet hurts to be hugged by it grass type Pokemon, they should have him joining it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

It's funny how the writers give Ash a Pokemon that we all know he will never have.

AshNco. have met Conway before? When did this happen?
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

This episode was fun! The blue team on top no surprise.... but why was Jessie's team at the second place they had not done anything extraordinary

I feel bad to write this today since we got a new episode. Totally lost track of the days...next week, I'll be more attentive, I suppose.

There are, I think, three things about this episode that stand out for me. The first, is how Ash is really not cut out for being a student. He's terrible, and, as Dumbledore said in the CofS, he has a "certain disregard for the rules." It's fun to think of how Ash may have turned out if pokemon school was required first before you could get your starter pokemon, b/c I think Ash probably wouldn't have the confidence in himself that he's needed to get as far as he has. In the Summer School Academy, he doesn't really get bothered by how poor he is in school, but in an episode further down the line in a similar situation, he really does get a little discouraged about it. Watching this series, there's many times we've seen Ash make mistakes that make us think he's a little stupid for someone who has done as well in the league as he has (the most surprising moment, for me, I think, was in the BF battle against Brandon, where he ordered Charizard to use Seismic Toss against Dusclops, only to have the move fail b/c of type immunity and cost Charizard the match), but I think it adds a whole new dimension to his character when he questions whether someone like him can really succeed. Again, in this episode, he laughs it off, but in a later episode, he's really bothered by it.

The other two striking things are more like footnotes. Dawn battles Conway to a standstill, which shows how far she's come as a trainer, since at the Tag Battle Competition, she was mostly following Conway's instructions to a word. The other thing is Ash is a little more mature than Pikachu is, which is funny considering how things were back in Kanto (I think, from what I remember; it's been a while since I've watched Kanto). Pikachu tries to break up a fight b/w Monferno and a Croconaw, but once its fur is burned by an ember, Pikachu immediately strikes back in anger. And this isn't a one-time occurance; Pikachu has really shown its temper a few times in Sinnoh, in a few scenes with Elekid and that Raichu episode. Ash, though, has largely been in check, with exceptions of Hunter J and Gary, and Paul (although I think Paul is a bit of a special case, in that Ash wouldn't have cared if Paul beat him, if Paul didn't train the way he trained-Paul was the one who started this rivalry, not Ash really). Here, Ash gets thunderbolted by Raichu but immediately shakes it off, saying that's what a real thunderbolt is like. I know these are two entirely different scenes, but again, I think Ash has been a lot more acquiescent in Sinnoh, and much more in control of his emotions.

Side note: And of course, we all know that the reason Angie called out her Shinx against Pikachu instead of using Monferno is that a pokemon who has no prior training under a trainer should not be able to beat a pokemon that has forever been with another trainer. Believable writing, that is.
    Last edited by wind21; 17th December 2010 at 3:28 AM.

I love this little camp saga! It's sooo funny! I like this one because Ash falls asleep and the teacher is like holding him up in front of the whole class to see.

Notice it says most people like me.

No you may not have my autograph.

Spoiler:- Credits:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Dawn with Grimer, Ash with Raichu, and Brock with Magnemite. Dawn and Grimer really bonded with each other. Raichu was so shy, it even digged to hide away from Ash. It was cool how Brock used static electricity on Magnemite. It was cool how Dawn put seals on Grimer's Pokeball as if it was her own. How very convienient that Jessie ended up paired with Smoochum, one of her favorite Pokemon. It was funny when Dawn, Piplup, and Grimer did the same pose.

69/100

Conway sneaking into the room in his nightgown made me laugh very hard. What a CREEPER!

This episode was excellent in many different ways. I particularly enjoyed Rowan's no-nonsense angry outbursts. What a great guy.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Awesome and funny episode. Conway is hilarious in this episode and Dawn bonds with Grimer pretty well. All of the battles in this episode were pretty interesting too. I give it a 9/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

An average filler for me. Raichu should have learn two electric attacks replacing Anawohoru and Kage Bunshin in my opinion. Moukazaru's battling skills did not impress me. One minor thing for the group at the midnight, they played TCG instead of ordinary card is better I think.
    Last edited by zhixun; 15th May 2014 at 1:14 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567