Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Camping It Up! (556)

I liked this episode.Ash and Ange are very bad students. Haha and Ash and co. have to be in school during Summer!!(the season is summer) If Ash and Ange weren't toyblemakers then the red team would have at lest been in 2nd. Also when Ange said she was a girl Ash should have pushed and grabbed Monferno's pokeball.^___^Overall I like this episode.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

LOL cute episode.
    Jus imagine that we all study in a pokemon school. *daydream*

Due to my sleeping habits, I missed half of this episode. (Though I saw the whole one in Japanese) Just my luck that I turned on the T.V when Conway was standing at the bedroom door offering Dawn to be "her partner".

I don't really like Ange's character. It's starting to seem like everytime there's a girl character that Ash mistakes for a boy *coughAnabelcough*, she needs to fall for him.

Other than that, I really don't have much to say here. This whole arc is meh to me, compared to Sinnoh's other arcs anyway. At least Conway acting like a perv is entertaining.
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 3rd January 2009 at 4:22 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

I was upset to myself. I missed it, because of my series of staying up after midnight during the break. It makes me wake up will 9, 10, or 11 AM. So the only thing I gotta do to watch this episode is wait for it on youtube, since a veoh account with BD episodes are gone.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I found the episode entertaining due to so many cameos of first gen pokemon and Dawn assigned to bond with a Grimer. I kinda take back what I said about pure poison type pokemon.

Ooh, this episode was...okay. I know I made a big deal when I saw this several months ago, but now not so much. Anyways, still happy to see Conway! Now for some highlight moments.

*Conway! White and Nerdy! OMG! *spaz* Conway! My Kouhei! Conway with a Venonat. I die a little bit. Kind of a shot through my heart to see a Venonat because of a certain person back in Pallet with a Venonat that has not been showcased enough. Shut up Medea! But high point of Conway's creepiness factor was in the bedroom when he said, "He'd be happy to be partners with Dawn." And Dawn tells him he's not in this room and throws a pillow at him. BEST MOMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Angie...She just reminds me so much of Morrison. Same appetite and same stupid attitude that Ash has (when it come to being competitive). In fact, she's the scary combination of Morrison and Anabel if you want me to say anything on that factor.
    *Ash freaks when he learns Angie is a girl. I laugh. Same thing happened with Anabel. I sense something.
    *Dawn and Grimer...strike a pose. Great stuff! Vogue it up!
    *Dawn vs Conway...besides wanting to shoot myself during the hillbilly music, very nice to see. Rushed no duh, but good nevertheless.

That's all I feel like talking about.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Gaburaisu_ View Post
    LOL cute episode.
    Jus imagine that we all study in a pokemon school. *daydream*

Oh yeah, I could dream of that! *day dream*

The episode wasn't half bad, but Angi's voice to me sound annoyed and I really like how Ash did the "You're a girl?!" expression. Dawn was terrific in this episode I thought and Brock is top notch. Now Raichu I really liked. Also, I thought the animation seemed a bit weird....didn't anyone find Brock odd in one scene?

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/892/000057.jpg

I liked this episode it was pretty good.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

The episode was pretty cool.

Yeah, I thought when Ash realizes Angie is a girl was pretty good.
    Conway was just...frealy. But it's not that suprising. Also when he came into their room to play cards. I think it was Dawn who through the pillow on his was out.
    Dawn's becoming a good trainer, since I knew she and Grimer were a good match.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I liked this episode a lot. I can't wait to see the rest of them.
    It's cool to see Conway again.
    My favorite part was when Piplup got stuck in Grimer!
    9/10

So did the woman who voices Ash voice Angie, or was that little subtlety lost in translation?
    Pokemon White 2 Team

I loved this episode,this may be my favorite Pokemon episode now.
    ..Her name's Angie,I thought it was Andy when she first said it.

I couldn't find her name in the credit(but..I was fast fowarding so..Yea)

I loved this episode,this may be my favorite Pokemon episode now.
    ..Her name's Angie,I thought it was Andy when she first said it.

I couldn't find her name in the credit(but..I was fast fowarding so..Yea)

This was a pretty great episode. I loved how Ash thought she was a boy xD Good plotline too.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

A neat episode!

Though, I don't know yet what to make of Angie. She looks even more tomboyish than Anabel and her voice is quite "croaky"- too croaky if you ask me. I'm not sure if I can get to like the idea of her having a crush on our Ash :S Anabel was prettier, no doubt.
    In addition, do you think that Angie fits in here? The different characters of Ash, Dawn and Brock are very well balanced, but nevertheless another hothead is presented to us now. Let's see what she's made of! I hope she'll prove herself a worthy teammate and friend of Ash.

Some more impressions:

I liked how Ash and Angie were sleeping during class simultaneously. That reminded me of myself during certain lectures

The "Lights out" call, the scene where our heroes and Angie sit together playing cards and the academy building in general kinda reminded me of barracks rather than of a educational institution. But it was funny, anyway

To be honest, I thought that Raichu would be the perfect choice for Ash because Pikachu could teach it everthing it knows. But unfortunately, Pikachu did nothing important actually. I bet that Raichu would have been unbeatable otherwise.
    Nevertheless, I enjoyed the battle between the two "hotheads". It was quite intense and some awesome moves and strategies were shown. (It wouldn't have hurt if we had heard the decision of the judges! Was it a draw in the end?)

All in all, that was a successful introductory episode to a mini-arc, the sequel of which I'm already looking forward to!
    The Summer Academy is a nice setting, competitions and tournaments in general are always great and we're gradually getting to know a new character who perhaps ends up being of major importance for the plot.
    I'm very excited!

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points!

btw:
    Angie...She just reminds me so much of Morrison. Same appetite and same stupid attitude that Ash has (when it come to being competitive). In fact, she's the scary combination of Morrison and Anabel if you want me to say anything on that factor.
    Good comment which hits the nail on the head in my opinion!
    Nevertheless, I can't fully agree. I think you mustn't call her "scary", as she's quite likeable actually.
    Last edited by ash_forever; 4th January 2009 at 1:31 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was good. Random to see Rowan and Conway again. It’s cool to see a Monferno. Angie was really annoying. This episode reminds me too much of school and that’s a bad thing. Ash and everyone are such delinquents with lights out.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

So, I was quite fortunate to "acquire" this episode earlier than usual, even though I didn't watch it till later today.

I gotta say, I rather enjoyed this episode. Although it's not as big of an irony, you have to admit it is funny that these 3 episodes are part of a summer school arc, when we're currently in the middle of winter. Just something I noticed.

I'm very tempted to begin with the whole "omgangiesagirl!" thing, but I'll get to that in just a minute. Firstly, I found the whole "rental" schtick was well presented here, and I'm rather glad that Brock participated (remember that one Kanto episode where Ash and Team Rocket enter that school thing... yeah, no contest). Although, one does have to wonder if any of the people were wondering what an "older" person was doing there. Although, TR's disguises were a bit better.

Now, to the whole part of each person getting a "rental" Pokemon, alongside teams. I dunno why, but the whole "points" idea seems rather reminiscent of the way the houses work in Harry Potter. 'Course, that was the first and well, only thing that jumped to me. And, I'm probably digging deeper than I should. Anyways.

I found that they handled the voice for Angie a lot better than that of Anabel. Put it this way: up until very recently, I'd thought that Angie/Aoi was actually a boy. And, then it took me quite a few captions involving said character for me to realize that it was in fact a girl. So, it did work. And, the voice used worked well. Carrying on...

Having Conway being there was la piece de résistance, simply because of his overall personality; he's creepy, yet he's brilliant, and clever. Plus, he borderlines on being obnoxious while still being the guy he is. Although, I'm still wondering if he's simply there like Ash and co., or if he actually attends the school.

I sware, Dawn and Grimer was probably the funniest thing this whole episode. First Piplup, then her own arm! I thought it was hilarious when Dawn is in awe as to how flexible Grimer is (even if it is living sludge :S).

I don't know why, but you'd think after 500+ episodes, Ash might be able to handle the evolved form of his best friend. Sure, he eventually does, but quite frankly he should have been a bit quicker with it. Granted, a Raichu armed with Dig was something I haven't seen before.

I'm glad Team Rocket didn't bother making a proper appearance; it would have seemed a bit odd. At least it seems they have some form of culinary skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    Due to my sleeping habits, I missed half of this episode. (Though I saw the whole one in Japanese) Just my luck that I turned on the T.V when Conway was standing at the bedroom door offering Dawn to be "her partner".
    Damn that was funny.

What made me laugh harder was when I realized that Dawn's deck of cards had Croagunk for the King/Queen/Joker.

Although, I find it amusing that everytime Ash tells people he wants to become a "Pokemon Master", they mock him for it. I'm starting to consider the allusion to the fact that because of how the show's structured, that ain't likely to happen.

I don't really like Ange's character. It's starting to seem like everytime there's a girl character that Ash mistakes for a boy *coughAnabelcough*, she needs to fall for him.
    It's only happened twice. Anabel and Angie. Although, for most people Anabel was rather obvious. Anyone who's played the game knows this for a fact, as she's the "Salon Maiden". There wasn't as much to give it away in this instance, which is why it worked better.

But, I do see where you guys are coming from with this.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Definitely ready for next week's ep.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I still wish Conway didn't have the same dub voice as Harley.

Now everytime Conway says something I'm reminded of Harley, although the VA does speak a little more calm with Conway.

Ah well. In a show like this they were always bound to re-use the same voice for different characters.

Episode was soo cool and funny the same way! The good part was when they weren't at bed and the battle Raichu Vs. Monferno!

Zoe Martin voiced Angie, who also voiced Tyler in 'The Thief that keeps on Thieving'.

This was a great episode, I loved it. Angie rocked with Monferno and Dawn with Grimer was hilarious. I actually laughed when they were making the 'peace' poses. Can't wait for the next episode, and we get Lumineon's debut!
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I really loved the episode. Especially when Conway was being pervy towards Dawn, also Croconaw squirting his trainer in the face all the time (GETCHA MINDS OUT THE GUTTA.) I think the one bad thing was Angie's voice, I mean it sounds too croaky.

This episode was great! Angie's an interesting character in my opinion, because she actually has some personality. The bedroom scene was nice, playing cards and Conway being a perv. His dub voice does make him seem more Harleyish, yes... Hopefully the rest Summer School episodes are as good as this one.

At long last, I've been waiting for this. Decided not to hold out until th eend of the month and watch them all at once. This first episode was great, Conway is back. (alright!)
    Kinda sucks he is in a team alone, while Ash, Brock, and Dawn are together.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Interesting Episode. Funny and enjoyable to watch.

That Angie character is a strange one. Its like another Ash only female. I admit that I too thought she was male at first. Also the way she used herself as a target was pretty gutsy. Reminds me of Maylene, the Fighting Gym leader. Still, why use herself instead of other terrain objects? Again, shes just strange.

The way when Brock said both Ash and Angie were hotheads made me "lol"

Awesome to see Conway again. Hes just funny.

Never realize that Dawn would go great with a Grimer but seeing them both in action made them a perfect couple.

Yay on TR not messing everything up in this episode. I was getting sick of them blasting off in every episode they are in.

Overall, it was enjoyable. Can't wait to see the rest.

8/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Also the way she used herself as a target was pretty gutsy. Reminds me of Maylene, the Fighting Gym leader. Still, why use herself instead of other terrain objects?
    Easy. Monferno already didn't like her, so she was just capitalizing on that. Unorthodox, but it worked.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast