Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what the goodness is that?

Default what the goodness is that?

Ever notice something in pkmn that never got answered or had no point?

example

those fin things on arceus

that wierd church in hearthome

Heatran
    57% of serebii.net users are smart enough to know that 83% of all signatures involving percentages that say "Copy and paste this into your signature" are fabricated percentages that mean nothing. If you are one of the 57% who know this, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Mew Supporter!) Freerice.com: ending world hunger, one click at a time.
    clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaioken555 View Post

example

Heatran
    The church sheds a little light on what the people of Sinnoh believe in and their views on how their history came about.

Plus for once, Pokemon actually dives into religion.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Pure decoration.

Either: A) Pokemon finally went into religion. Or B) GameFreak are full of themselves and wanted to make a church dedicated to themselves.

I say A.

Heatran
    It exists to exists. Like the Mosquito.
    Last edited by Umbreon-dana; 10th August 2008 at 6:27 PM.

example

Heatran

Those things on Arceus are there to make it more "godly", and nothing more.

The picture in the back is of Mt. Coronet, no? Since that seems to be Dialga&Palkia's hang out, I'm guessing that was the Mountain that eventually formed into Sinnoh. There's no real plot behind the "church".

Heatran is just there. Like Wisconsin. Deal with it.

example

Heatran
    Heatran's there so I can pwn people in PRR4

Heatran's there to control magma currents
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Basically, this means "List all the plot-holes in Pokemon!"
    I could name hundreds about the anime, but this isn't in anime discussion.

Your Arceus question... Well, why does ANY pokemon have anything on them.
    Why do Rotom have Blue Eyes?
    Because they do.
    Why does Kyogre have those giant Hand shapped fins?
    Because it does.
    Why do Charizard have wings?
    Because they do.
    Why do Banette have Tails?
    Because they do.
    Why does Arceus have those Rings?
    Because it does.

The church... I think it's to confirm that there is a Religion of some sort or form in Pokemon. It doesn't say if it's a catholic church or whatever. It doesn't say that it's a church for any relgion that actually exists for earth, or a made up religion (Pokemonism?) for the games. But with the addition of all the Sinnoh Legends and how the world was created, the need some sort of church to maybe honor the Pokemon that are considered Deities, as to make the world more realistic.

What's wrong with Heatran? Why does Garchomp exist? Because it does. This is why I hate how all the new legends are Deities. Everyone expects all the new legendary Pokemon to have a back story.
    I don't believe the Legendary Birds have back stories. They are just rare and powerful Pokemon, rare and strong enough to be considered legends. Neither do Latios and Latias.
    Heatran is fine as it is.
    Last edited by m190049; 11th August 2008 at 2:45 AM.

The GS Ba-

Um, the ruins in Celestic Town. Unless I forgot something, what's the point of them? Wait, what's the point of Celestic Town anyway?
    Remember kids, trolls are here to prepare you for the real world! Listen to them!

and

Don't talk about hackers! They're very sensitive!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana View Post
    Pure decoration.

Either: A) Pokemon finally went into religion. Or B) GameFreak are full of themselves and wanted to make a church dedicated to themselves.

I say A.

It exists to exists. Like the Mosquito.
    Nice. Yeah, Pokemon needed some religious aspect other than stupid Arceus, which, by the way, is not "god". It is, perhaps, a diety? But not a god. (Yes, I know I basically contradicted myself)
    - Torchics are cute!
    Proud Pokemon Fangirl!

these questions were not that hard to figure out :/

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

You're all forgetting the biggest "What the f*ck?" in all of Pokemon. The truck at Vermillion Harbor. Why's it there? Where are all the other trucks of the Pokemon world? How did someone park it on an island with no connecting roads? Why was it redesigned and kept for FireRed and LeafGreen?

Now, sometimes a truck is just a truck. But sometimes it's so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    You're all forgetting the biggest "What the f*ck?" in all of Pokemon. The truck at Vermillion Harbor. Why's it there? Where are all the other trucks of the Pokemon world? How did someone park it on an island with no connecting roads? Why was it redesigned and kept for FireRed and LeafGreen?

Now, sometimes a truck is just a truck. But sometimes it's so much more...
    What about the one you ride into Littleroot in? As a matter of fact, why the heck are you riding in the back of the truck all the way from Johto in the first place?
    Remember kids, trolls are here to prepare you for the real world! Listen to them!

and

Don't talk about hackers! They're very sensitive!

Quote Originally Posted by -BJ- View Post
    What about the one you ride into Littleroot in?
    Perhaps the truck's true form is...no, it couldn't be. Forget I said anything!

As a matter of fact, why the heck are you riding in the back of the truck all the way from Johto in the first place?
    Two words: child negligence.

^you make a good point, -BJ-. Look at a map of Japan, the easiest way to get from "Johto" to "Hoenn" would be a plane, unless you wanted to go to Kanto, get in a boat and go all the way up Japan, around "Sinnoh"(Hakkaido) and back down to Hoenn...They may have done that, went to petalburg, then rode down that short path down to Littleroot in a truck...*overthinking this*

I can get into dex misprints, but im not going to...ill just go crazy from it.

(Vulpix was supposed to be born white w/ one tail...why didnt they make a baby form for it in Johto, when babies were introduced. its too late now, because using an item to get that baby wouldnt make any sense...same w/ Kangaskid XP)

oke, so i still did it!

...um*tries to think of something relevent*

Why do pkmn say their names in the crappy anime? *gets shot*
    (i hate that so much...)
    Last edited by LonesomeDiamond; 11th August 2008 at 4:24 AM.

Singin' In The Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Pachirisu View Post
    Why do pkmn say their names in the crappy anime?
    So that the little kids don't reply to nintendo saying who's that pokemon if they just said their crys on the game.

Claims charmander

Why do pkmn say their names in the crappy anime?
    So that animals in the real world don't have to. Can you imagine how creepy it would be if everytime you saw a spider, it shouted "Spider! Spider!" at you?

think them saying there name in anime is alot better then some werid thing they say that sounds the same with every pokemon.
    I wish they did something with the old cheatu old man,werid pokemon thing,and the painting man that painting scares me.
    I think the old cheatue should have been the place were you full asleep like if there was locked like that.

Look at my.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Perhaps the truck's true form is...no, it couldn't be. Forget I said anything!
    Three words: Robots in Disguise!

Another Poke WTF is... why was the Unown so hyped in GS when all that happened when you caught all of them was you could print some stupid little stickers with an esoteric piece of hardware (And learned what each meant, wow, totally worth the time)?

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

I had always assumed that poke'mon were named after each of their unique cries, so, Torchic, way back before Torchic was Torchic, Torchic said, "Torchic!" A Torchic watcher said "Hey, that Torchic that isn't called Torchic just said Torchic...I'll call it Torchic!"...Torchic.

^thats not how it is, cuz they have japanese names too. They just wanted the anime to be extra crappy, and take out all the animalistic attributes of pkmn...who ARE just animals in their own world =_="

and Sonictay, the painting in the Old Chateau is a reference to R.O.B., the Famicom Robot that assisted in some games...(well thats what wiki says at least)

anyways, Why do all the Gym leaders get progressively stronger as you fight them? what if someone started in Mauville, wouldnt they just fight Wattson 1st? MY explanation for this is that the Gym Leaders have numerous different teams, and after seeing the trainer theyre going to fight, they choose which one to use, so they dont overkill them. this is just my theory though @_@

Singin' In The Rain

anyways, Why do all the Gym leaders get progressively stronger as you fight them? what if someone started in Mauville, wouldnt they just fight Wattson 1st? MY explanation for this is that the Gym Leaders have numerous different teams, and after seeing the trainer theyre going to fight, they choose which one to use, so they dont overkill them. this is just my theory though @_@
    To make the game more difficult, of course. But aside from the obvious answer, I do get your point. Your theory seems to make a lot of sense; I've believed something like that for a while as well.
    Originally Posted by Ledian_X
    And now you have God prancing around your ranch. How DO you sleep at night?

What to say, what to say, what to say...um, hi!

Diamond FC:3051 4644 2102

Remmber, real world animals don't have levels, so it's not so clear-cut as a low level team, high level team...
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

I think the church symbolises a new pokemon religion, and soon they will take over the world
    Singnature: X _________________________ <-- SIGN HERE

I Am Temporarily Away!

Wow...

What is the deal with those doors in backlot's mansion? (the ones blocked by the maids)
    57% of serebii.net users are smart enough to know that 83% of all signatures involving percentages that say "Copy and paste this into your signature" are fabricated percentages that mean nothing. If you are one of the 57% who know this, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Mew Supporter!) Freerice.com: ending world hunger, one click at a time.
    clicky!

Private rooms. Maybe it's the laundry room or the kitchen or something. Must everything have a full and known explanation?

So has this turned into a pokémon game plothole thread, then?

[Non-relevant portions of this message taste like chicken]
    Quote Originally Posted by AEROBLASTER View Post
    I suggest the possibility of magic.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast