Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 In Writing:

Default 2009 In Writing:

A slightly relevant topic, since we're...in 2009 now. What are everyone's plans for this year in writing.

Myself, I plan on dropping Totally Sinnoh, as well as the other three fanfiction's I had on the go and starting a brand new story that I will focus on alone and force myself to make it all the way to the end with.

So, the question, which has already been asked, is: What does everyone plan to do on the Fanficion Forum's this year?

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I Was Thinking About Writing a Fic About a Trainer Created By The Gods To Bring an End To The War That is Going On In All 4 Reigons

This year I'm going to post the original fic I've been planning for quite a while now, The Ripple Effect. If I can, I want to finish my series of four one-shots and post them too. Should be a good year =)
    << The Ripple Effect || Updated 21/05/12 >>
    Celebrating 5,000 views
    And slightly less replies

Well, I've sworn to write at least 100 pages of my Quest for the Legends Word document in 2009 (I wrote 108 in 2008, which is considerably better than 2007 and 2006 but still below what I was churning out in 2005 and 2004). Whether I'll make it is anyone's guess, but at least I'm trying.

I'm also hoping to finish Morphic, since I have the plot outline done and it's only going to be fourteen chapters or so.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Hmm. I really doubt I will achieve this given what I have ahead of myself this year, but I'd like to think I'd finish my main fic this year...

...but probably not. There's no harm in aiming for that though if I actually have the time for it. I intend to add a good number of completed chapters to it at least.

I'd also like to do at least two one-shots throughout the year from the number of ideas I have... and fully plot out another chaptered fic idea I have at least...

Oh, and a certain other 'secret' project too which I'm a part of.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Write at a pace slightly faster than one chapter every decade or so.
    "Your avatar looks like he just JIZZED. IN, HIS PANTS."-Psychic
    [img]http://i33.*******.com/oi7mtz.png[/img]
    banner by Zadros, a sexy man of action
    Winner of Serebii's HG/SS fanfic contest. No one is sure why.
    Penultimate: A story about what happens when Satoshi Tajiri smokes the crack that crack smokes
    Formerly Blastoise
    ASB: level 4
    69 KOs, 179 TP, 119.5 SP squad Ghost gym leader
    33-7-1

Sorry to break the chain of staff posting here, but three's a charm anyway.

In 2009 I'm hoping to finish Caught in the Moment. I have it all figured out, plot wise, I just have to write it. Seeing as I'm slow as heck, though, that's probably not going to happen.

I'm also hoping to keep on reviewing, possibly more than I have this year. With a bit of luck I'll find the time to between the classes I have and the classes I teach.

Thank you, Saffire Persian, for the lovely banner.

Keep working on my two fics. Basically just finish them, hopefully, and maybe start a new one if, if, I finish my other two.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

In December of this year, I plan to finish The Sevii Islands Saga. Not only are the new chapters going to be released, but the rewrites of the first few chapters should be completed.

I am also planning a spin-off three-shot involving a young pokemon ranger in the descending world of Almia. It is going to be related to the events of my two sequel fics, who's names will be released this year as well.

It's gonna be a big year for my series...

Latest Chapter- 5: Don't Pressure Us

Chapter 6: Up All Night Current Status- First Draft in Progress.
        Spoiler:- Review Policy and Image Credit:

I hope I can finish Stars, or at least be close to doing so.

And maybe post a few of my Perish One-shots. Not expecting to post all...but we'll see.

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Ah, I love a new year in Serebii. So, I plan to unleash some new fics into the fray and show some of my improvement. I'm gonna restart my somewhat popular fic Remember the Name and see if it gets good in the next fan fic awards. Then, I get to unleash my totally new project known as the Underdog Chronicles, which is about the NPCs of PMD2 getting a chance to shine. I might have a one-shot or two up, and I might make a one-shot series if I have the time. So anyway, it's gonna be a big year for me...

My series all about Max will be my main piece of work this year where I intend to be able to write at least 2 Chapters per month instead of every few weeks. I hope my writing also improves the longer the story goes on as this is going to be a very long project.

So it's going to be rather busy for me although I'm not going to be doing much!

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

Weeeeeell, I'm supposed to be continuing with my OT fic The DreamScope Chronicles, but I'm having a bit of writers block and an idea for a fic based on Ranger 2 is developing in my mind so...
    3DS Name: James
    Friend Code: 4897-7143-5332
    Friend Safari: Poison (Gloom, Garbodor, Drapion)
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

Happy to help people find out what their safari is.
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Previously known as JammyU.

I'm thinking of starting a fic I've got somewhat advertised in the commercials thread, Pokemon Guardians. It's a good idea and features Suicune (well, the other legendary beasts too, but Suicune is my favorite.)

Apart from that, I might do something about a couple of the fics in my massive log of started, never finished ones (although I'll be starting from scratch, the documents got deleted, thanks to my sister breaking the memory stick with them on it, plus a couple of viruses deleting my last few copies.)
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Actually continue writing a chaptered fic I'm working on, to a point where I'm far enough that my extremely slow writing wont get in the way of posting chapters.

Possibly start writing a new series of Serial Killer one shots.

Maybe finish plotting a novel I planned, and possibly start writing it properly.

And another special project...
    Skogsrĺ

Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

Author's Profile

Post an update to my semi-dead fic. Then, maybe a few more.

So then, most people are planning on having their fanfictions over at some point this year. Does anyone have any non-Pok&#233;mon plans, or is it mainly Pok&#233;mon-based.

I myself still have fic's based on Pok&#233;mon, while at the same time there are fic's based on Avatar: The Last Airbender, Dynasty Warriors, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy (mainly X, but also an original one), and last but not least, my original Mutant fic.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I have a couple of short stories to finish for some challenges that, even though I'm not participating in them...

I might work more on my Metropolis sorta-kinda-crossover project and post parts of it here. Not sure. though. I might also do a Pokemon story, revolving around the basic trainer story, but probably getting derailed repeatedly. It would take place in Kanto but using fourth-gen Pokemon and evil teams from many games past rising up again... most likely. I mean, we need some level of distraction. It will definitely be comedic, probably heavy on parody.

Yes, please feel free to question the originality of these stories.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

My plans for 2009... well:

1: Redo "Hand of Hands", seeing as I still want to get that story out their (despite that horrible last chapter... I rushed into it.)

2: I really want to do a couple chapters of my Castlevania fic, and at least get through the Charon saga in it.

3: I am thinking of doing a retelling of Final Fantasy III. The characters where lovable, but had very little character, so I want to telll my own version.

4:... secret

5: A series of short stories I write also make the 'Bellow City' line of tales. Mostly revolving around the strange things that happened in the city that was founded by Henry Bellow, a crazed adventurer who was stoned to death shortly after completeing the city for reasons unknown. The first one is a zombie invasion. Only way to beat them? Just wait.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

I'll probably end up finishing Aftermath sometime by the end of summer. I've been thinking of reviving my real life Pokefic Aquapolis, but that's not going to happen. By the end of the year, I should have started on a mass overhaul of my five fic series of the Chronicles of the Chosen One that I almost finished. I'll probably go back and rewrite the fifth one The Last Battle before I start on the sequel to Aftermath (which is, in turn, the sequel to the Chronicles of the Chosen One). I didn't realize how much I've written until I looked back at my past five fics. Of course, they all sucked.. -_- Aftermath should be much better. I plan on improving my writing this year.

And I am definantly going to review more fics this year. Look at my sig and PM me anyone who wants me to review. I'll be dropping in on random fics throughout the year. You've been warned.

What I plan of writing is:
    Wall-E (A fan fic of the famous Pixar movie. First Chapter's already up)

Hoshi no Kaabii: Souls of Soldiers (a yaoi fan fic between Jecra and Meta Knight)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Shadow Shards

Pokemon: The Journey to Suteki

Digimon: No one Mourns the Whicked

Final Fantasy: Wars amongst Time and Space (It's a bit of a cross-over between Pokemon and Final Fantasy 9)

Yeah... I have a lot on my plate to finish. :/

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2i1drp5.png[/IMG]
    PO username: [PK]Dark Goddess
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/ot1z7n.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/fk9u1k.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Hokiemon of Nintendo Worlds for the banner
    and Dr. Chaos for the userbar. :3

This is a great thread! My plans are as follows: Become a more consistent reviewer, maybe write a one-shot, and maybe try starting a contest.
    Taxonomy of the Heart
    Another fic - Foresight

"When you're in your final moment and your life flashes before your eyes, it isn't for your entertainment, it's your subconscious hurling every relevant and pseudo-relevant experience you've ever had up into consciousness. It's saying 'try this! or this! or this! does what we learned here help?! ****!!'. So don't sit back and relax, take your last stand. Take your brain's emergency alarm and do something.

2009 already looks to be a busy year for me, writing-wise. I had a decent year last year, writing about 140 pages of TEN, but that was no where near what I did in 2007, writing something like 220 pages in barely six months.

I highly doubt I'll finish TEN this year, as it's taken me 11 months to finish 14 volumes, and I've easily got 25 more to do. I should get at least 15 volumes done, though.

There's also an idea for a short fic, maybe four or five chapters long, that I may want to try sometime in the year. In all likelihood it would be several months away, though.

It's not writing per say, but I plan on spending a lot of time working on BD Video, a project to turn all of TEN into video form (largely just with text on screen and differene music in the background). It's time consuming, but hopefully I can get fully caught up on it this year.

I would also be quite surprised if I didn't write a few one-shots sometime this year as well.

And, hopefully here within the next couple of months, I would dearly love to finish a 'secret' project more than six months in the making. We'll see.

2009 looks to be busy for me as well. I'm probably looking at about six more months on Advent Phoenix, and immediately after that, going into working on Maverick Heart. I'm really excited, and hopefully plan to release MH in about July or August.

Dalton Gregg was a mostly-ordinary university student from the region once called Johto.
    Then a fateful encounter set him on a quest to change history.

In reading, I plan to read more.
    But in writing, I haven't written much because I don't plan on officially writing my novels until after college, but I want something until then to help me start my career. I want to plan out something new (not a Pokemon fic; I fail at those, and just can't keep my interest in them) to post here, so long as the posting problem error doesn't stop me.
    I also want to enter contests to see how I do; and I want a cool contest banner :3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast