3 27.27%
  • Raichu

1 9.09%
  • other

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Team Help Thread

Default Official Team Help Thread

All right, this thread is to cut back on those "Is XYZ good for my team?" and "I want a ABC-type Pokemon, what would be best for this game?" threads.

Ask for help getting team members (in-game and story mode only), advice on what would fit, and the like. You can also use this thread to ask for advice on a specific Pokemon you may be considering for a team. Don't spam or just repeat what someone else already said. You may respond to someone who was already responded to, but only if you have a new perspective/more information or something to offer.
    Last edited by Ellie; 12th August 2008 at 5:27 AM.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

So in other words, this thread is more for people that haven't decided on their team yet and need some help picking some pokemon to use, or people who have decided on a few pokemon but need another team member and aren't sure of who to pick. It looks like a good idea.

Remember, if you have a prepared team and you want suggestions on how to improve it, that's what the Rate My Team forum is for.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

Yep, that's exactly what it is, Yo Shee. Ingame team rate is for people who are at least mostly decided on their team; this is for people who are still building it. There were tons of threads about a single Pokemon/type, so I figured that a thread to consolidate them makes the forums nice and tidy

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I have think about restarting at my Emerald. Which pokemon should I start with and what pokémon am I catching then. Please give hints!

All of the starters are pretty good. I'd say pick your favorite one, then pick other Pokemon of different types to build a team. Ralts and Abra are both catchable early in the game and will be a great asset later (but pick Ralts for sure if you can't trade and evolve Kadabra to Alakazam). Shroomish/Breloom would be helpful later if you don't pick Treecko. Marill could be an okay water-type if you don't pick Mudkip.

If you don't have a favorite starter, Torchic might be helpful because you can catch Shroomish and Marill before the first Gym, but there's no more Fire until later.

Thank you so mutch!

Does anyone have a list of which types are physical and which types are special in the 3rd Gen and lower?

Physical:
    Normal
    Fighting
    Poison
    Ground
    Flying
    Bug
    Rock
    Ghost
    Steel

Special:
    Fire
    Water
    Electric
    Grass
    Ice
    Psychic
    Dragon
    Dark

I think I might actually play my Emerald again. Since I already migrated my Grovyle over to DP, I won't be using a starter this time around.

So, I was wondering what Pokemon I should use, in addition to:

Volbeat (Physical Sweeper)
    ??? (Physical Sweeper)
    Solrock (Special Sweeper)
    ??? (Special Sweeper)
    Gloom/Vileplume/Bellossom (Sleeper/Catcher)
    Linoone (HM Slave, Pickuper).

Default missing electric link

Okay, I think my team is gonna be Charizard, Lapras, Alakazam, Vileplume, Rhydon, and some electric pokemon. Which should I use: Jolteon, Raichu, Electabuzz, Magneton, or Elecrode?

Umbreon-dana, you could use Hariyama and Gardevoir. Both are available early in the game and have good moves, and fill the roles you suggested.

weatherdude, Electabuzz might be good for you since it can also learn a variety of other moves.

i need a move-set for my feraligator. its a lonely nature, and i need it for the BF
    i was thinking to breed for rock slide
    and dragon claw
    earthquake
    hydropump

The moveset you have looks pretty good. You can get good special coverage with dragon and water, and you can get good physical coverage with ground and rock.

Ghost in a shell:
    Feraligator:
    Waterfall
    RockSlide
    EarthQuake
    DragonDance.
    ??
    Friend Code: 1977-4913-1528
    Character Name: Dawn
    Currently no access to WiFi.

Proud Member of Team Radiant Dawn.
    Join today!

Currently Training: ;211;
    Currently Breeding: Will-O-Wisping ;282;
    Currently Chaining: ;299;

Adamantursaring: Since this is the third generation, there isn't any use in Waterfall since it's still a special attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana View Post
    Solrock (Special Sweeper)
    DO NOT use Solrock as a Special Sweeper, Lunatone, its counterpart, is better for that. Solrock has 95 base Attack and only 55 Base Special Attack, therefore it is more of a Physical Sweeper

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Default fire red team

well i hope i am posting this in the right place cause if im not i might recieve another unescessarily retarded infraction. anyways i think my team for fire red is gonna be charizard, lapras, alakazam, rhydon, jolteon, and vileplume. is this team good? also what moves would be best? i want this team to help me in game more than against other people so i want them to learn the HMs. also would it be worth it to trade for a bellsprout to replace vileplume?

Vileplume
    -Petal Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Moonlight
    -Sludge Bomb/Double Edge
    Or, you could try a Sunny Day set:
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Moonlight
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Psychic)/ Double Edge/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder
    After using Sunny Day, Vileplume's speed is boosted, Solarbeam fires in one turn, Hidden Power Fire is boosted in power, and Moonlight heals more HP. Of course, to get the Hidden Power TM, you have to be holding a Meowth on your team and just hope that it randomly picks up the TM after a battle, so that may not be the most desirable move.

Victreebel
    -Razor Leaf/Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Sleep Powder
    -Thief/Hidden Power Psychic
    The first two moves are your primary ones, and your last move is to help get coverage against poison types such as Weezing. Plus Thief can be helpful for stealing stuff from wild pokemon.

Of course, keep in mind that Victreebel can do the Sunny Day set as well, just with Sludge Bomb in place of Moonlight.

Vileplume:
    -Has a better grass type move (Petal Dance, while Victreebel has to resort to Razor Leaf or Giga Drain)
    -Has better defensive stats
    -Has a healing move (Moonlight)

Victreebel:
    -Can use Sludge Bomb more effectively
    -Has better speed

The choice is yours. I've used both and I personally like Victreebel better, but you may like Vileplume better since you have such a large team and you don't really need to have Sludge Bomb that much.

For now that's what I'll tell you. When you start your game and have all of your pokemon, you can make a Rate My Team thread in the Rate My Team section and post your planned movesets and I can help you with them.

Well, I am planning to get a full-Johto team for my LeafGreen, and this is my planned team:

Tyranitar @ Blackglasses/Hard Stone
    Crunch
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Hyperbeam/<other attack>

Crobat @ Poison Barb/Sharp Beak
    Aerial Ace
    Sludge Bomb
    Steel Wing
    <other attack>

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Metal Claw
    Slash
    Fury Cutter/<other attack>
    <other attack>

Kingdra @ Mystic Water
    Surf
    Twister
    Ice Beam
    <other attack>

Ampharos @ Magnet
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    <other attack>
    <other attack>

Piloswine @ Nevermelt Ice
    Earthquake
    Take Down
    <other attack>
    <other attack>
    OR
    Donphan @ Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Rollout
    <other attack>
    <other attack>

NOTES: I have 3 Leftovers, and I don't want to use Egg Moves.

I would like to have some help at my team
    Current Soulsilver Team:

The Attack boosting items won't be very helpful so i would get rid of those
    And as for Donphan or Piloswine i would go with Donphan
    With Donphan instead of Rollout (which i don't like due to the fact that while you are using it you can't do anything else) try rock slide or HP Rock if you can get it

Tyranitar: I have the same moveset with Thunderbolt on mine, but you could also consider Surf, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower, even though your team already has most of those types.

Crobat: Shadow Ball.

Scizor: It should have learned Wing Attack as a Scyther, but now that it can't, you're pretty much limited to Swords Dance, Steel Wing, and Slash.

Donphan: Rock Slide.

First of all: Thanks for the comments, I'll try them out

And Indignation, what should I use instead of the power boosting items?

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Shee View Post
    Scizor: It should have learned Wing Attack as a Scyther, but now that it can't, you're pretty much limited to Swords Dance, Steel Wing, and Slash.
    There is no limitation, I'll just go catch lots of magnemites on my sapphire and use the Metal Coats to trade them to my LG and evolve a newly hatched Scyther after I learned it Wing Attack .

And while I'll hatch a new one, would it be handy to breed Silver Wind on it?
    Current Soulsilver Team:

Yes, Silver Wind would be a good idea in place of Slash or Swords Dance. Also, if you're going to be breeding, you should try to get one with the Adamant nature, which is the best one for Scizor.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast