Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Up Close and Personable (557)

Did anyone else think the scene of a Kingler and Totodile walking next to each other was some kind of cruel joke by the writers?

Between that and the Muk in that Psyduck filler, I think they're up to something. lol.

Noooooo, really, the writing crew up to something? That wouldnt be right? otherwise, there'd be no conway, no brock trying to be Tracy and absolutely no 1st- or 2nd-gen appearances..... Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.....

Now, for those who don't know me, hi. I'm I_D, and I've been heading up a little these days to vists the DP ep talks coz, well, I wanted to see what was going on. I'm a PASBLer, but it looks like I'm gonna be here for a while and talking about all the eps etc...

So, on to the ep itself. FUN-NY! Conway antics were hilarious. I can't wait to see if they do actually put him into contests as a Harley-type rival! Brock acting all awesome and being great at Drawing? Geez, what else can't he do! Let some of the other trainers, (say Tracey?) have some fun too!! Also, Jessie with lackeys is just fun.

But, like the others have said so far, it wasn't as good as last week's ep. I hope the pace picks up again next week.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I guess the whole mystery was pretty cool but other than that...meh. Hope next weeks better it looks interesting enough.

Conway was hilarious! I liked Jessie having lackies. Lumineon was completely shafted. And it was pretty average...

I agree with the others, the Lumineon was so boring in this ep coz it will be awesome when Zoe's one evolves....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Looking through Bulbapedia it was interesting to see some of the old pokés showcased. Totodile. I haven't seen one of those in AGES. As well as that, Corsola, Kingler, Seel. Good to some old pokés seen again.

It good for the writers as well, I think, coz they get to change it up a bit.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Did anyone else think the scene of a Kingler and Totodile walking next to each other was some kind of cruel joke by the writers?
    Yeah, it was like a flashback of the unloved water-oakers. I was thinking the same ^^

Maybe feeding them was to expensive for good old Oak and he released them, knowing that Ash would never use them again anyway.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You know its funny, when I first saw the Totodile I actually thought it was Ash's.

I was like "Totodile? Well that's an awkward cameo to put in this episode" then it showed Totodile with the other Pokemon and group and I was like "Oh right, duh!"

I don't know why I thought it was Ash's Totodile, I guess it was because of the way they first showed Totodile, it looked like something they would do if they were to show Ash's Totodile.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The highlight of this ep was the short battle between Conway and Jessie [OMG I love that BGM]. Slowking is badass, Psychic, Water Pulse, Safeguard, Protect what an awesome moveset (well, for the anime at least).

But yeah, other than the battle, nothing really interesting happened.

Dawn has become the rivals' favorite target to stalk.

And Jessie happily spits at child labor laws.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know why I thought it was Ash's Totodile, I guess it was because of the way they first showed Totodile, it looked like something they would do if they were to show Ash's Totodile.
    I think its because all Totodile kind of look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I was like "Totodile? Well that's an awkward cameo to put in this episode"
    Well, yeah XDD. That's what I said, the other day... shafted Pokémon, dear. Shafted Pokémon. 8D

Okay, Totodile wasn't that shafted, but as you said, it's kind of weird to see it, just, like, randomly... so, :/.

THE END.

I don't see how Totodile appearing is anything major.

I mean, it is a water Pokemon, and this being an episode about water Pokemon.

Yeah. It's not like Ash's Totodile really had any stand-out features...:0

I don't see how Totodile appearing is anything major.

I mean, it is a water Pokemon, and this being an episode about water Pokemon.

Yeah. It's not like Ash's Totodile really had any stand-out features...:0

But we never see Totodile...ever.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Its odd though, that they would add the specific water Pokémon that Ash has already caught. There are so many different choices for water pokémon, there being like the highest number of different species compared to the other types.....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Just watched this episode, which was great...
    Just realised that Aoi is a GIRL...

I liked the battle between Slowking and Yanmega. Oh my god, Slowking kicks a**!!

Good filler episode!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Cue people speculating that Totodile and Kingler appearing is some sort of foreshadowing to their return.

Totodile can rot, but Kingler is awesome. Coo-kee Coo-kee and all that.

I'm not too much of a fan of really short haired girls in anime, they sort of irk me. Plus Ash being with her means some pairing will start up using that picture of them blushing because of their stomachs as evidence.

*disgruntled old Alfonso* :<

Totodile can rot, but Kingler is awesome. Coo-kee Coo-kee and all that.
    I agree, i always preffered Kingler over Squirtle and Totodile, think it was his voice that did it for me ("coo-kee coo-kee).
    But yeah, i would prefer Kingler to come back for a little, i got sick of totodiles giddy antics years ago, i wouldn't want them back now.

Just a blast from the past, i loved it when krabby evolved.
    HIs voice went from high pitched "co ke co ke"
    to Deep bellowed "cooo keee, cooo kee"
    Awesome ^^
    Last edited by Kaasuti; 16th August 2008 at 2:49 PM.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

This episode looks like another boring filler/none of consequence episode. Ash's new friend, Aoi looks like a tranny. Did you guys see how Jessie was bossing about those kids? And the part when the kids gave her a massage. Heh, I bet she promise them a HJ if massage.

This episode looks like another boring filler/none of consequence episode. Ash's new friend, Aoi looks like a tranny. Did you guys see how Jessie was bossing about those kids? And the part when the kids gave her a massage. Heh, I bet she promise them a HJ if massage.

Careful now, don't go giving Jessie ideas... It's interesting how they keep giving the political stuff to the TR trio.....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

what the hell is up with that lake? I mean, the games and earlier episodes of the anime have had some sense to establish Pokemon that live in freshwater and salt water bodies, but here, it seems like every friggin' water-type under the sun (short of the legendaries that Musashi wanted to find) can be found here. Please tell me the scientists running the summer school were the ones who put all of them there (or I guess I could, if I bother looking for any such line mentioning that in Japanese).

On the plus side, I guess we did get to see some of the more neglected water-types out there, including Tattsuu.... I don't think we've seen one of those since Kasumi horribly neglected hers. On the other hand, if this is just so the writers could fill some quota of making each Pokemon appear within a certain number of episodes, I guess we're not gonna see most of these guys again for a loooooooong time (a real shame... it almost seems like the anime's finally moved on from Water Gun abuse and the writers finally decided to show off OTHER Water-type attacks, including the HMs).

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    This wasn't as good as last week's offering, but never the less, it was still enjoyable, and I'm sure the majority who agree with that sentiment are going to say that it was mainly due to Conway popping up next to the swimsuit-clad Hikari at random intervals. And I agree. Without him, this episode wouldn't have been half as fun as it was. Jessie manipulating young boys with her feminine charms and using them as cheap slave labour can't carry an episode by itself y'know!
    Or at least a series of them.
    In any case, I'm glad he's managed to nab himself a place during this arc, and I sincerely hope his appearences here won't mark his final performance in the show. Since Harley jumped on a power sneaker TV and rushed off to Johto, he's the only 'fun' character we've got, and that's more precious than a Golden Sudowoodo Filler.
    back during the Tag Battle arc, I suspected that his sinister looks was foreshadowing him being a member of Ginga Dan or something... now I'm seeing more and more that the guy's quite simply a pervert. And for probably being the most blatant and deprived of perverts this series will ever see, he is all the more awesome for it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    -Can you believe Megayanma is voiced by the same guy who does Muku.BIRD. That's MEGAtastic.

-Speaking of MEGAstuff, Slowking vs. Megayanma, as one-sided and short as it may have been, was still a pretty good battle regardless. A MEGA battle, one might say. I particulary enjoyed Conway's reaction of nerdish glee as Dawn commented on his MEGA battling skills. Daww, how shippy-adorable-kawaii-cute.

MEGA BTW, did anyone MEGA notice after that MEGA battle, Kouhei's MEGA Yadoking seemed to be going at the same MEGA running pace as everyone else? These MEGA directors are going a bit MEGA nuts with having the MEGA slow Pokemon go MEGA fast.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Turkey Juice Bowl, Exorcist Teddy Bear, The Fonz, Talking Rubix Cube
    oh! What's my name, what's my name?

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    due to me being occupied half the day attempting to earn money to pay for college unlike the rest of you parent-leeching slobs.
    hey, I'm paying for my own college too, AND giving my parents rent, so back off!

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Yamato, I love your signature. What anime/manga is it from, or is it just an original image? :O

Gravy if loads of nub members start using MEGA in front of their words thus establishing the creation of a new forum fad I will actually kill you. Where do you get of creating such MEGAfads? You MEGAflavour adding liquid you. :<

DP has had some awesome arcs so far, I'm greatly enjoying the sound of this. It's as close as Pokemon will ever get to a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX style story which should never happen ever.

Although I did once make a false press release detailing how Pokemon WAS to get a spin-off series that sounded suspiciously like a Pokemon GX. Was fun while some people believed it. :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast