Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Up Close and Personable (557)

I liked this episode.
    It's funny how Conway keeps trying to impress Dawn. He's kind of creepy.
    I also thought it was funny that Jessie was bossing a bunch of kids around.
    7.5/10

i just saw this too:]
    i loved it!
    lumineon & slowking are the best.
    i liked seeing yanmega too.

conway is sort of creepy.
    haha
    i give up.
    goodbye.

I saw the episode this morning. It was pretty funny how the characters interacted with each other and Jessie's moments were some of the funniest I've seen from her.

- Jessie has slaves to command.
    - Ash has much better drawing skills than Angie.
    - Pocha doesn't play with people of lower rank Dawn.
    - I love that underwater music they have.
    - Dawn gives into the transcriber.
    - Pocha can show off whenever it wants to.

I really think that they need a centered episode about these guys in detention.

This episode was good. Jessie really bugged me in this episode. Conway was a real pervert in some parts. It was cool to se a Lumineon. I like how Ash and everyone failed to remember that Jessie/Jessielinda has Yanmega. I don’t like to be reminded of school and this episode did just that.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    I don’t like to be reminded of school and this episode did just that.
    I kind of thought that this episode seemed like military camp at one point.

It was a good episode but we barely saw any of Finneon. And did anyone else notice that before one of the commercials, they were all in their swimsuits, and after the commercial, they were all in the regular clothes but didn't go anywhere? I love goofs. =D

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

At the end, Prof. Rowan said,"Looks like Lumineon is back. Looks like I will be ending school earlier." He thn turns to look at Mt. Coronet. What does that mean?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Yesss! A great, an excellent episode! Masterfully done!
    I enjoyed watching it from the beginning to the end!

There were so many aspects which I could enumerate, so please don't consider the following listing as complete.
    Let's go:

Ash and Angie together in one boat was quite nice. Is that possibly meant to imply something?

Watching Jessie sitting enthroned in her boat with her two slaves (yeah I think "slaves" hits the nail on the head!) was hilarious. All her behavior, in particular acting like a queen was so entertaining. Yes, Jessie is really "our queen", as Meowth correctly added XD
    Well,James and Meowth, her two permanent subjects, can at least take a break from her strict rule now :ksmile:
    What do you think, are the poor boys perhaps planning a revolution against their "leader" ?:XD2:

Both the gorgeous lake and the creepy cave (combined with the scary music) were a very well-chosen setting. The writers managed to create an awesome atmosphere. Not to forget the animation which was outstanding today!

I really liked that all the important characters of this arc discovered the cave together and did something more or less important.

And ,of course,I also had to laugh at Conway:
    We already knew that he was weird but this was Conway at his best! It's more than obvious that he has a crush on Dawn. How sweet was it to see him trying to approach her again and again.^^ Although I'm convinced that Dawn and Convey wouldn't match, I somehow feel sorry for this rejected lover ^^

But, unfortunately, I also have to critize two things (yet it won't change my opinion that the episode is another example of a great, successful story):
    Firstly, it's a pity that Ash couldn't do "more" today. Although he was given some good scenes, he couldn't really shine.
    And secondly, I find it far too hard that Ash and Co. lost four points!! I mean, what for?? Just for leaving the area of the lake??? Come on, Prof. Rowan, your acadamy isn't a kindergarten, is it? Instead of praising our heroes for such an awesome adventure and report, you punish them??? No, I absolutely can't agree with this totally unfair decision!:saiyan:

Finally, one question remains:
    Why in the world did Lumineon lure the other Pokemon into the cave? Why? Surely not, because it intended to share its food. On the one hand it wants to show its solidarity and on the other hand it tricks Pokemon by hypnotizing them? No, that simply doesn't go together!
    I guess this question will remain unsolved unless you have a reasonable explanation.

Well, apart from the fact that Ash and his friends were treated highly unfairly, this episode was brilliant!
    I enjoyed every second and so, I give

8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Finally, one question remains:
    Why in the world did Lumineon lure the other Pokemon into the cave? Why? Surely not, because it intended to share its food. On the one hand it wants to show its solidarity and on the other hand it tricks Pokemon by hypnotizing them? No, that simply doesn't go together!
    I guess this question will remain unsolved unless you have a reasonable explanation.
    I don't think that it was atracting them on purpose. Maybe it's light just escaped the cave and the pokémon saw it so they were hypnotized.

I think this episode was pretty good. Conway was funny they way he was acting around Dawn.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

And here I was hoping someone would find out Jessie wasn't who she said she was.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was actually a lot better than I expected. Haha Conway is so creepy, I dont know why thats funny, I just find him weird. Seeing Slowking again was awsome, Yanmega got owned. Cant wait for next wks ep.

I liked this episode. it was great, and all the water pokemon look so cute especially shinx! I liked how we saw how ash and angie drew, pretty realistic drawings. i hated jesse in this episode, and in the whole summerschool arc, she boses little kids, and they listen, Why?

Lumineon had hardly any view time, after the battle it was gone!
    I also was wondering what professour rowan said at the end, do you know what he ment?
    the whole report idea sounded to me really stupid..
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Good episode although i felt a tad annoyed that Ash and co lost points. I mean they do worse stuff and get away with it
    Comway freaks me but im starting to laugh at it now. Also the Ash/Angie drawing scene was cute
    Only thing i could think of though was Misty would like this part of the summer camp, all those water pokemon

I kinda LOL'd at Rowan.
    "You left the lake, so you lose points."
    So they would've rather had Aoi lose her Shinx and stay at the lake than her go and get it...? Yeah, thats teaching kids to set their priorities alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    I kinda LOL'd at Rowan.
    "You left the lake, so you lose points."
    So they would've rather had Aoi lose her Shinx and stay at the lake than her go and get it...? Yeah, thats teaching kids to set their priorities alright.
    Don't forget that the dangers of the world don't compare to the dangers of leaving a lake and wander around.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    Good episode although i felt a tad annoyed that Ash and co lost points. I mean they do worse stuff and get away with it
    Comway freaks me but im starting to laugh at it now. Also the Ash/Angie drawing scene was cute
    Only thing i could think of though was Misty would like this part of the summer camp, all those water pokemon
    Shame she's stuck in the gym. Meh, at least she was mentioned at some point.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I liked this episode, this is Jessie's best look ever. What I didn't
    like was what they did to Conway. They laid his crush on a litte
    too thick, too much for one episode. It made him a little less awesome.
    Lease he got a battle though, could have been against good trainer but
    beggars can't be choosers.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

What I find ironic about this episode is that although Ash and Co. gained 10 points for the Lumineon report, they lost 16 points overall for leaving the lake area. All that hard work got wasted big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Sonic View Post
    What I find ironic about this episode is that although Ash and Co. gained 10 points for the Lumineon report, they lost 16 points overall for leaving the lake area. All that hard work got wasted big time.
    Well apparently they should've just told an adult what happened to Shinx and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Sonic View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was 10 points each, making it 40 points total minus the 16 points they lost.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was 10 points each, making it 40 points total minus the 16 points they lost.
    You might be on to something right there. I guess I'm just messed up about if it's just 10 points for the report or 10 points for each person who constructed the report.

Conway was proved to have a crush on Dawn in this ep...
    Now we just need him to admit it.
    Maybe Oak released Totodile and Kingler?
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

We're near water, let's talk like surfers.
    "Pikachu, if you die that would be so totally bogus dude."

Isn't the thought of observing the marine life via your own artificially reconstructed fish creatures the slightest bit sickening?

Let's upload them to DeviantArt!

Don't you dare talk about Snowman Dewgong that way!

Record speeds at changing clothes must be inherent Japanese genetics.

Lumineon. First non-psychic to master the power of subliminal advertisement. Sounds A-worthy to me.

5/10 Okay. So we're trimming action and catering to the "I'm better than you" love affair demographic?
    Can we at least talk about Dewgong's diet and not how hard its horn is? I should slow down a little, I still can't get past what summer school and the point system are teaching me anyway.

Having been worried by the comments earlier in this thread, and having finally seen this episode, I must say I'm quite relieved on the Tracey front.

Brock's sketch was decent, but nowhere near Tracey's level of skill. For one thing it was a straight profile that looks like he could have copied it from a reference book (Tracey would have given us a shot of Lumineon's incredible leap, with water drops flying and everything) and the shading on Lumineon was basic and workmanlike...it didn't approach the 3-D, living quality that Tracey's sketches have.

In short, I think we Tracey fans can relax...his uniqueness is intact (and his sexiness is still unparalleled).

Shiny Aeon

(P.S...um, Medea, isn't it maybe a little unfair to say Brock stabbed Tracey in the back? I mean, isn't that just as unfair as saying that Tracey stabbed Brock in the back by replacing him in the Orange Islands? Neither actions were the characters' faults, they were merely the foolish machinations of the writers/directors/etc....we shouldn't visit the sins of the series-makers upon the poor innocent characters.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast