Thread: Best place to get a legit Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

Default Best place to get a legit Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

I've been wanting to pick up a GBA copy of a Hoenn game.
    My question is,where would be the best place to get one? I'd much rather trade for one if possible,but would buy.
    I see them on Ebay,but hear alot of them are fakes.
    Any insight is welcomed!
    Newest Pokemon Game Owned: Heart Gold
    Current Heart Gold Team
    lv.75 lv.79 lv.99 Shiny lv.84 lv.87 lv.100

Current Diamond team
    lv.33 lv.25 lv.26 lv.4 lv.27 lv.25
    Wanted: Shiny Tyrogue (LV 1 preferably)
    Shinies lv.30 lv30 lv.32 lv.35 lv.99
    FT: lv.5 Relaxed

GameStop usually has them for sale for like $5. If that doesn't work, go on eBay. There are less fakes out there than you think.

Also, I don't think this should be a thread, but w/e

Nowadays, its rare that Game Stores such as Gamestop, EB Games, and etc. Would carry copies of Game Boy Advance games.
    Your best bet would be getting it online.

Amazon.com is reliable but be warned that the prices are expensive.

Hope this helps. :)

Amazon/some oldschool gaming site that's legit
    Or maybe some mom and pop store, but who knows if those even exist anymore.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Amazon proper doesn't sell anything being discussed. Their third party seller marketplace does, but that's no better than eBay.

The correct answer to this question is as it always is, that there is no "best place to get a legit game". The only available channels are rife with piracy and counterfeit merchandise and what few legitimate copies remain out there do so at exorbitant prices. The best option is really just not to try in the first place - the odds are not in your favor - but beyond that, spend money at your own risk, knowing that if and when you are sold fake merchandise, your recourse for getting that money back may be nonexistent.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

1.) Friends. Ask your friends if they still have theres-- I managed to get like 5 copies from asking people at my school. They are legit, because they simply saved them from 2004 or whatever.

2.) Craigslist. I feel like there's a higher probability of people selling real carts on craiglist-- ones they had when they were kids and are now trying to sell for cash. You can also see the cart when you buy it to make sure it's not fake so it's a win-win.

3,)If you buy from Amazon, make sure the user has positive feedback and addresses that the cartridge is legit. While it certainty doesn't mean it will be, your chances are better. Read reviews and see if anyone left a review stating the cartridge was legit (or not for that matter)

I bought a legit cart in early 2013 from Amazon.

Honestly, I don't think they are that hard to obtain. It's not like they're rare to come by-- hundreds of thousands of legit carts were produced and bought back in the day. Sure, some have disappeared, but they are by no means rare.
    Last edited by LimeSoda; 13th March 2014 at 9:50 PM.

1:A mom or pop store that will let you look at the cartridge.

2:A ebay listing with a seller with a good rep 200+ 100% postive feedback and LOTS OF PICTURES!

Look at these links, they should be of help. My memory from years ago says the first link (should be the penny arcade one) has tons of helpful info.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discu...-gba-cartridge

http://caggames.weebly.com/how-to-sp...-gba-game.html
    ~Gen 1 will always be the best.~

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow... Red & Blue & Yellow

I suppose that's plenty of enough answers for you. Good luck if you do try to get one!

Thread closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fashion Focus: Team Magma and Team Aqua! What's the verdict on the new outfits?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.