Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PBR FAQ / Help / Question Thread

I'm thinking of getting a new DS. I know that this will reset my Pal Pad to blank, and I'll get a new Friend Code, but will I still be able to connect to PBR with it?

Actually, you can transfer your DS WiFi data across to another DS. You need a game that Allows Access to the wifi settings, Pokémon is one. This will make your new DS appear to WFC as your old DS, and you can keep your FC. This will Trash the Old DS wifi setting.

As for PBR and Ranch, all it does is check the game card. I've synced using a DSlite, then a DS "Fatty" and more recently the first DS lite. All games have not had their Wifi data touched. (Why My DS Lite was gone? Someone was getting 100% Guitar Hero DS)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Actually, you can transfer your DS WiFi data across to another DS. You need a game that Allows Access to the wifi settings, Pokémon is one. This will make your new DS appear to WFC as your old DS, and you can keep your FC. This will Trash the Old DS wifi setting.
    How do you do this? If you could give more detailed instructions, that would be great. If you don't want to do it here, you can just PM them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golux View Post
    How do you do this? If you could give more detailed instructions, that would be great. If you don't want to do it here, you can just PM them to me.
    You need both DS next to each other.

OLD DS: Start the Wifi setup App. Such as on the Main Menu in DP.

New DS: Start "DS Download Play" on the Start up menu

OLD DS: Hit Options on the Wifi setup App. The Bottom one is "Transfer". It will tell you about what will happen, and after it OK, start to sent the settings.

NEW DS: Will Find a New Download Game, Wifi Connection Setup. Accept it.

Follow the Onscreen prompts on both DSes for here on out. but It's painless from here.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

thanks, surfing pikachu you will be MINE

Thank you so much! help millions!
    "Pain is inevitable,Mistery is optional,"

Not sure I understand how level works in the Colosseum Mode. For example, I register 6 lvl.100 Pokemon on the pass card, so that whenever I used it and go to Lvl.50 All in Colosseum Mode, will their level always be at lvl.50 instead of lvl.100? If so, then what will become of their stats?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Absol View Post
    Not sure I understand how level works in the Colosseum Mode. For example, I register 6 lvl.100 Pokemon on the pass card, so that whenever I used it and go to Lvl.50 All in Colosseum Mode, will their level always be at lvl.50 instead of lvl.100? If so, then what will become of their stats?
    Lv. 50 all makes every Pokemon level 50, obviously. Their stats are derived from their EVs / IVs / Nature. In the same way level 100 WiFi calculates their stats, PBR does the same move for level 50s.

Otherwise, the other option (level 30+ I think) will just make every Pokemon of the opponent's level equal to that of your highest level. So if you have 1 level 100 and three level 90s, all opponent's will have level 100 pokes.

Thanks for the list, it a real great help to me.
    Extremely Inactive on serebii. If you need to contact me. Contact me through secure. I am Top Gear at Secure.

Would it be better if you use lvl.100 Pokemon rather than lvl.50 Pokemon from D/P version to battle in PBR if their EVs are taken into account? I'm kinda stumped about this part.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

how do you look up random battles

^ Like fighting random opponents on wi-fi? On the main menu go to the square that says wi-fi and pick wi-fi battle. Once it connects choose 'battle someone'. Then just follow the instructions on the screen and ultimately it will say 'searching for opponent'. It might take a minute to find someone, but that's it.
    Did I answer your question?
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

Default Why can't I use it?

I was trying to use my new Shiny Lucario on Wi-fi, and It said "A pokemon on your pass is not able to battle." It works fine in regular battles like in the sunny park colloseum. Can someone explain what's wrong. Before anyone say's It's probably hacked, I IV checked it, and It has all legit Stats(Though 3 25 IVs are pretty strange) but It's definately not hacked.
    Pokemon Scramble Master

Current Scramble: Here

Progress:

its hacked if it wont work on wifi
    whats it from? an egg?
    Black Fc: 2880-9127-5480
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Add Me On Facebook
    Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

The only reason it would not work is because it is hacked.
    PASBL
    Fighting Gym Leader
    TYRANIDOS KICKS ARCEUS
    Statistics and squad may not be up to date.
    Trainer Level 4 - KOs:104 TP:237.5 SP:15.5 C+ Referee
    38 - 21 - 13

The only way it could be hacked would be if it's SID and TID are the same, because it's IVs are legit.
    Pokemon Scramble Master

Progress:

My understanding is that PBR and GTS only check for EV distribution and IVs.

Anything more than 510 EVs won't be allowed
    Anything with 31 IV in all 6 stats won't be allowed.

I never heard of waht Deoxysmatter posted, but might be right.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

well, I heard that sometimes the pokemon doesn't copy properly... did you get a bad signal on the wii connection attempt to copy the pokemon you're trying to use?

If so, that's your reason...

if not, you either may have received it from a hacker, or you hacked it, or the Secret ID and Trainer ID are congruent to each other...

normally, I'd report this, but since I can't tell if you're trying to use a hacked pokemon...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 12th November 2008 at 2:02 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

I got it in a trade, and I got it from someone who doesn't hack as far as i know. The thing, though, is that if it was hacked, wouldn't it abbear as a bad egg in regular battles, i'm asking because it doesn't.
    Pokemon Scramble Master

Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysmatter View Post
    I got it in a trade, and I got it from someone who doesn't hack as far as i know. The thing, though, is that if it was hacked, wouldn't it abbear as a bad egg in regular battles, i'm asking because it doesn't.
    PBR's wif-fi is a better hack detector than the game itself. Tell us Lucario's info: Pokeball, location caught, moves, ribbons, and contest stats.

Made by D-Man

It's caught in a pokeball
    It was hatched in solaceon town
    It knows the moves I taught it through level up(I recieved it)
    No ribbons other than the effort ribbon I gave it after I ev trained it
    No contest stats.
    Pokemon Scramble Master

Progress:

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysmatter View Post
    I was trying to use my new Shiny Lucario on Wi-fi, and It said "A pokemon on your pass is not able to battle." It works fine in regular battles like in the sunny park colloseum. Can someone explain what's wrong. Before anyone say's It's probably hacked, I IV checked it, and It has all legit Stats(Though 3 25 IVs are pretty strange) but It's definately not hacked.
    I've moved this thread and all of it's posts to the Help Thread.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

How do you get the alternate coloured outfits (Pachirisu Outfit [purple], Groudon Outfit [Yellow])?

Is it possible to lower the rank of a colosseum (gateway for example) without having to lose a battle?

So... Does anyone know??
    Last edited by BadIntent; 20th November 2008 at 5:30 AM.
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

this may be off topic (sorry if it is,) but can somebody tell me (or direct me to) a list of pokemon banned in online play

thanks.
    Darkrai hates the fact that he was made an antagonist in PMD2 and somewhat DPP. He claims that they added him in the 10th movie just to try to please him! Support him by putting this in your sig.
    If you are part of the 18% of serebii.net users who know Palkia is better than Dialga, please copy-paste this to your signature.
    Originally Posted by ArceusLover

You make no sense. Mudkips stink, first of all, and ARCEUS is god!
    You called?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast