Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

Default Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

To help out SoW and Volteon

This thread is for posting your recent happenings in PBR. Please post a good amount of information (at least two sentences, not something like "I just got Pikachu yayyayyay"), elaborate a little. Also don't post too often with the same thing (like "I'm trying to beat Stargazer Colosseum" then the next day "Still trying to beat Stargazer Colosseum). Only new updates, please.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

just made it to rank 4 of the trade battles again, since i restarted again, and im having a terrible time trying to beat it. i tried useing the little girl pass, cool girl pass and young boy pass and none can beat it.

im also having a tough time of deciding what pokemon to trade for, but i cant really get help with that since all the pokemon are differnt each time.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 22nd August 2008 at 12:21 PM.

I had about 4 wi-fi battles today still trying to decide wat to replace nintails with because using it as a fire absorber for scizor seems to me useless as i faced barely any fire type users. Im sure as soon as i take her out ill face a team with 3 pokemon with flamethrower but w.e thats my luck 0.o

"That’s it! I hate to admit it, but you are a Pokémon master!"

well then, today i started off by doing the courtyard colloseum once more to get a bit in shape again and i managed to get to the 59th battler without much problem, i resigned after that because it get's boring after so many battles so i went online and had 5 wi-fi battles from which i won 3 times, at the moment i'm a bit busy shopping for clothes and after that i'll be dressing up my character a bit.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I just beat a guy with a Darkrai and a Palkia and Empoleon and and Lucario.
    He was nice enough not to use dark void on me, and probably had an untrained Darkrai and Palkia, or with less that good stats in some other way.
    I got lucky too, as my charizard survived his empoleon and got to hit him.
    I used Torterra, Charizard, Zapdos and Umbreon (well, I didn't get as far as umbreon)

Thanks Chaos ;D

Sticking and saying I just got Pikachu yayayay! xp really did =o

Got PBR last week, so far, not a hard game, excluding Neon Colloseum. God, my luck is terrible =/ And I should make a pass with bad Pokémon just to battle there. Because when opponent picks my good EV trained ones, I lose... And oftenly I get 3/4 of game's so, go figure...

Also had some "with Anyone" Wi-Fi battles, won them all! Should add PBR's FC in sig.
    Last edited by Volteon; 25th August 2008 at 6:49 AM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Tried and tried and tried the fourth set in the Master Class battles and can't beat Mysterial's Palkia. Which lead me to being frustrated which made me do the second set a few times just to gather some pokécoupons which, in the end, made me happy like an idiot. <3 I'll be clearing the Gear section of the shop with it cause... yeah.
    Diamond: Eddy, 0043 9804 5824
    PBR: 2062-8509-6498
    Feel free to add me, just PM so I can add you back. I play mostly for fun so don't expect epic battles with me. :P
    Lugia Lover Hunter! I want a boxful of lugia so expect me to go stupidly long lengths to get my hands on lugias.. ):

LOL Volt on the neon colosseum, I played through the whole of the game first using the rental passes to give myself a bit of a challenge before starting on my own pokemon. If you use your own in the Neon Colosseum you will lose XD.

Today I rouletted all my pokemon into teams 56 that is i think and then tried some random battles with the rouletted team. I lost one because i used blaze kick instead of reversal on magneton and it missed. I realised it was stupid and it came back to bite me, I think I won the next one courtesy of Expert Evan's Tyraniboah (Thankyou EE!) Anyway that's my bit for the day.

after 2 weeks of trying i finally beat rank 4 of the trade battles i then beat rank 5 and 6 in about 2 or 3 days time, strange how they were easier than rank 4. then with my new giga impact slaking and a skarmory i managed to easily take out rank 1 of the masters tourny.

im now planning on getting all the coustumes, except neon colloseum cause i know that will take 4ever

Got a disconnect
    I play so little that maybe I care little too.
    I barely beat a guy with a mew, a lanturn, a rayquaza and a aerodactyl.
    He had the bad idea of transforming his mew into a lanturn when I had a zapdos and a torterra out.
    I went with Torterra and zapdos and lapras and toxicroak this time
    His aerodactyl used earthquak on my toxicroack and his rayquaza finished him off (but luckyly not before toxicroack managed to place a cross chop to his aerodactyl).
    then Lapras had the good luck of hitting both with blizzard, having missed rayquaza once already.
    Last edited by dabicho; 26th August 2008 at 4:13 PM.

i was battleing online with my favorite team when i was beaten by a rental pass!?!?
    Got Milk?
    No Me Nether

Lost spectacularly a couple of times, but at least I got to see that my water absorb lapras and dry skin toxicroak work when someone comes up with rain.

Then a draw, against someone who came at me with a Tyranitar, a Garchomp, a crobat (I forgot ...) and a Gyarados.
    Deciding factor? a sandstorm remaining from tyranitar.

Forgot to say in my last post, in my first attempt in Sunset Colloseum, one of the rentals was a Shiny Lombre :S
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Quote Originally Posted by alli940 View Post
    i was battleing online with my favorite team when i was beaten by a rental pass!?!?
    Lol.

I tried out Pikachu on my team, it's fun to use. If any of you guys battled someone called PIKACHU Fan Pika Man, that would have been me.

And it's not too bad either - it saved me against someone who used Rotom / Charizard / Electivire after I forgot Rotom had Levitate and EQed it.

Up to Mysterial in Set Eight...

Hopefully I can win with my new Electivire and Zapdos combo...
    I herd you liek .

^ I recently battled Mysterial set 8 but that dang Lugia's too bulky! I got real close this time though. my new team would trounce him but... its not done yet... gd luck
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

I was on wi-fi and whenever i beat (or going to beat) those obvious hackers, they disconnect.
    Hi. My name's Ambipom and I'm Mr.L's superstar. Life's tough, it really is.
    Hello, my name's Lopunny. I LOOOVE this team!
    I'm beautiful and elegant, but call me Roserade.
    Hi. i'm Lucario and i'm in OU. I know. OU stinks.
    If you feel we battled before, tell Mr.L, not me.
    I am so bored. PBR FC: 0860 5019 0186

Fought a random Wi-Fi opponent last night. His Honchkrow surprised my Bronzong with an Overheat attack. Honchkrow had Calm Mind, too. Then he also had a Scizor with Bullet Punch. I enjoyed beating that kid and his hacks.

On another note, I love how Honchkrow tips its "hat" brim when it faints! ^_^

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Fought a random Wi-Fi opponent last night. His Honchkrow surprised my Bronzong with an Overheat attack. Honchkrow had Calm Mind, too. Then he also had a Scizor with Bullet Punch. I enjoyed beating that kid and his hacks.

On another note, I love how Honchkrow tips its "hat" brim when it faints! ^_^
    Lol Overheat...Still, kid could've just had Plat for the Scizor ;P

Had a random WiFi battle for lulz after a few months of PBR hiatus. ScarfJynx pwn: Absol, Heatran and Weavile x) Focus Blast ftw

And another one reminded me all too well of why people just adore Blissey <_<;;

YAY I BEAT IT i evolved the pikachu into raichuuuu its amazing i havent played it in a whiile but i wanna do master mode or whatever its called when i pass it again

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-1021-9503
    XD Team: Dragonite, Lugia, Snorlax, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres

Quote Originally Posted by Femme Fatale
    Lol Overheat...Still, kid could've just had Plat for the Scizor ;P
    Yeah. That was before I found out that Platinum gave Scizor Bullet Punch.

Stupid community-wide spoiler leakage... >_>;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

i did some battling at neon colloseum lately just to get used to the way of battling since that colloseum is the worse colloseum i know,
    after that i bought myself some decent clothes and redressed my character with it and i started battling at the courtyard colloseum and ended up with a streak of 57 wins,
    i resigned because it was getting awfully cold in my room.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

i did a few battles to get points and bought a few new clothes, unlocked the magmoratar / e-vire events and sent them to my ds and sent a few of the tm's to my ds (can't remember which 1's i choose them randomly lol).

i did a few battles to get points and bought a few new clothes, unlocked the magmoratar / e-vire events and sent them to my ds and sent a few of the tm's to my ds (can't remember which 1's i choose them randomly lol).

EDIT:sorry 'bout the double post people -_-;

PPLs! i finally beat set 8 of masters and I'm liek wow! i finally beat that game! btw i finished Metroid Prime 3 the same day.
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast