Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

I finally beat set 8 of the master Collosseum. He used Kyogre and Mewtwo and I used Starmie and PorygonZ. I switched Starmie for Groudon to get rid of the rain and both of his Pokemon used Thunder on Groudon. This enabled PorygonZ to use Trick Room. I was able to beat his Kyogre with a combination of Thunderbolt from PorygonZ and Solar Beam from my choice speced Groudon. He attempted to beat PorygonZ with Mewtwo, but Z survived with his Focus Sash. He sent out Latios and I used Ice Beam on him, though he survived. I used Solar Beam on Mewtwo (obviously not fainting him). He beat PorygonZ and nearly beat Groudon. I sent out Starmie who finished Latios with Ice Beam. Mewtwo then finished Groudon. He sent out Palkia and I sent out Darkrai. I used Darkrai to beat his Mewtwo and then used Psychic on Palkia. His Palkia attacked Starmie with spacial rend, fainting it. In the final round, I used Dark Pulse on Palkia and defeated it to win.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

I was on wi-fi yesterday.. trying out a new team i made... they turned out bad.. although i ev trained them.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I battled against someone online who fielded a Trick Room team, which would usually mean a quick loss. Some of the things my opponent used:

-Swellow. On a Trick Room team. Brilliant move.
    -Thunderbolting Tangrowth.
    -Using Thunderbolt on my Lanturn. He obviously intended to restore my HP.

The Slowking was actually quite formidable, but fell to Vaporeon's Shadow Ball.

After having the game for a year and some change, I finally beat the game!

Freaking Sunset colo was all that was holding me back (to be clear, I haven't been trying all this time, I just randomly decided to pick it back up after months and months of not touching when my internet went out). Surprisingly luck was actually on my side.
    The last two colos were soooo easy.

I'm not sure if I'll do any of the round 2 things. Courtyard I wouldn't have the patience for, I certainly don't have a good enough team for the Stargazer, I'm never touching Sunset again ever and no one can make me, I'd need to do some time consuming breeding for the Little Cup, and I can't even remember the other round 2 changes.

played a couple randbats. I won all of them. Then I figures I'd do startazer again and one of the computers I fAced has a shiny jolteon!
    FC:0860-9198-5982
    Youtube
    Wifi record: 5220-88

Rest in peace, my dear Rebellion.

Officially left pokemon, most likely for good. I will still check in every once in a while but, if you have an urgent need to contact me, my AIM is nastyd2422.

PeAcE

I was on wi-fi and well i won a few times. But i also had close battles where i almost won

Now today i'm planning on using a new team i made, and all out non uber team

So I went on Wi-Fi for the first time in, like, forever. There were two notable occurances:
    -My second match, I go up against someone called Gol zubat or something along those lines. Zubat, Golbat, Buizel, Croagunk, two others I can't remember (but I believe they were evolved pokemon). Despite the seemingly weak showing, if it's one thing I've learned from watching Overhazard's videos is that one should never underestimate NUs and the like, so I was prepared to take this very seriously.
    I choose my 'mons, Roserade to Golbat. Ready to switch to Luxray and he...forfeits. I'm...not really sure why, but 'k. We say no to battling again, he doesn't give up his friend pass.
    Then my next match is...against him again. Ok that's possible, I guess.
    I choose the same 3, but lead with Bronzong this time to his Croagunk. He choo--forfeit.
    Next match is.........gol again. What. SPOILERZ he forfeited.
    Didn't see him again, but still. 3 in a row?

-The other thing was a few matches later where I went up against an Uber user...but they were...different from what I was expecting. Like, they had really bad HM moves & horrible defenses. Dialga didn't have Roar of Time from what I saw (though it did have Flash Cannon) but had Rock Smash, his Giratina (the most bulky one he had, it seems) had Rock Climb and, of all things, Defog. Also a somewhat normal Regigigas. He didn't manage to kill any of my mons and Gastrodon just murdered him. He forfeited the match when all he had left was his half-dead Giratina, rather then just disconnect. Even traded passes with me. Good to see a good sport.

The Sunset coloseum was horrible! I kept losing to Dusty! Would anybody recommend a a good team for the Stargaser colo.?

Quote Originally Posted by Omastar ftw! View Post
    The Sunset coloseum was horrible! I kept losing to Dusty! Would anybody recommend a a good team for the Stargaser colo.?
    This would probably go better in the help thread but any team should be fine for your first run through. It's pretty easy.

i went up against a trainer who had palkia, psyduck, glameow sneasel and someone else. I beat that person becuase he only used Palkia i easily took out his other three; glameow psyduck and another one i forgot.

then i tried out my new pass for doubt team battles, 75% of them have focus sash and only glaceon had leftovers. I won alo tof battles with them

I had the wholeee day off today and nothing planned but to take it easy while I could, and I decided I wanted to do some heavy WiFi battling.
    I spent most of my morning finishing up training my Empoleon and gathering hold items for my team, but come noon I finally got cracking on PBR, while my cousin was on the other TV wailing on Resident Evil 5 haha.

I haven't played PBR in a lonnnnggggg time until today.
    Since I started over my diamond version, I started over on PBR as well.
    I managed to get through most of the stadium challenge things and customize my guy up in some cool enough gears.

I would say the highlight would DEFINITELY be all the WiFi battling I did today though.
    I believe I did 10 battles today, but I only lost 1 of them.
    The guy I lost against had sent out a Mamoswine, which I started out with the wrong guy and it all fell down hill from there.

I did win a bunch of battles today, though, and was rather pleased with the results of my new team of Leafeon, Jolteon, Lickilicky, Garchomp, Empoleon, and Typlosion. Garchomp I considered a filler since I was more focused on using my newer guys and he was from my previous diamond, but I used him when I could!
    I managed to sweep two guys with Uber teams with no problem using my Empoleon and Jolteon.

There was one battle in particular that was seriously one of the best battles i've been in in a long time. I believe her name was Pink, only the "i" was replaced with a heart. She was a trainer from japan.
    -I sent out Empoleon
    -She sent out Umbreon
    I basically subbed up and used agility twice to prepare for anything to come (especially the one uber she had), while umbreon attempted to mean look me and failed, then went on a faint attack rampage. The battle basically went on forever between the two as Umbreon was being kept alive by it's Sp.Def and my subs and defences kept me up. Umbreon kept healing with moonlight, as my Leftovers were keeping me alive. She eventually switched out to a Dragonite she obtained from a event in japan. Since my Emp had the agility boost I managed to deal massive damage with ice beam, which it survived due to it's Yache Berry. She switched back out to Umbreon and the cycle resumed. I froze Umbreon eventually, and it thawed out immediately. Things went back to the normal cycle. I eventually decided I had enough, and switched out to my choice band Garchomp. I was originally planing to use him if she had sent out her Uber (I forgot who it was, but most likely a dragon). I used dragon claw, and that finished off Umbreon. She sent out dragonite, which I finished off with dragon claw. As for her last pokemon, I don't remember. I believe I started toying around with her until she just gave up because there was nothing left that could be done.

It really rekindled my love for WiFi battling. It has me even more excited for Platinum to come out so I can really get back to massive EV training and WiFi battling.
    Last edited by Casimir; 14th March 2009 at 2:09 AM.

I played about 5 hours of PBR tonight ^^

I spent my time mostly battling in the Waterfall & Crystal Colosseums, collecting points and stuff. I also tried my hand at a couple of Wifi battles.

The first kid I fought had a Ho-Oh & Dialga out, but forfeited before the first turn >_> The next kid got me with a really good Donphan & Magnezone combo ^^ Good game, kid XD
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I hadn't played in a long time, nor had I finished the game, so, I picked back up the other day, finishing off the last colosseum.
    The only real reason for me even playing again is that I wanted to try out my new Regigigas. =\

Claimed: Regigigas
    Hail to the chief, baby
    Or else..

I hadnt played in AGES!!! I went on and got up tp Master battle set 5 or something, and tried once, but lost...
    Virtually gone.

I played again today, still trying to beat Sunset Colosseum. Apparently, Quicksaving doesn't work like I had wished T_T

Still can't beat that leader, dangit... I always get flattened with Grovyle, Vigoroth and Combusken D:
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I've been in two wi-fi matches and both were won by forfeit -_-

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

on wifi i battled a OUabuser.
    all were shiny.
    soon as my darkria put them both asleep he ran off.
    LOL WHUT A COWARD!!!
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Uploaded my Platinum team and beat the game again, but this time in five hours.
    Haven't tried them out on wifi though.

All I've been doing is trying to see what Set of Pokémon Mysterial uses when you fight him at Stargazer's Master 8th set with Platinum Pokémon. Just beat Sunnypark, but meh...
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

I maxed all the ranks of the colosseums and have ran out of things to purchase with my coupons so I just mostly get on to wifi battle and to try out all the different moves to see their animations. On a side note: can the little battle (lvl. 5) only go as high as rank 4 or am I missing something there?

Played on wifi for about 2 hours,got some wins and got some loses.
    Had some really fun battles and battled some too annoying Pokemon.
    R A i B L A D E

Post Random Shinies?

A while ago I was playing PBR mainly to show my "friend", as I don't play it much usually. In Set 8 of the Masters Battle (as I wanted to show him the final boss Mysterial), the first opponent (some random pirate-wannabe girl) sent out a shiny Jirachi instead of the normal one I'd seen her use many times before! Has anyone else seen this? Does this mean that random 1 in 8192 chance shinies can appear in this game? If so, that sucks since you can't catch them >_>. But it was cool though.

My 1 in 8192 chance shinies: x2!, , , ... and ... lol >_>

My Poke Radar shinies: Metagross, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Nincada, Bagon, Bronzong, Umbreon.

"Well, well. Duckstealer McStealsducks. Been stealing ducks, have we?"
    "No." *Hides*
    "Curses! I was so sure..."

Went and Battled on Wifi.
    I realized that my Spiritomb is actually strong,Sucker punch is like the best attack for it .
    Why do people shut their Wii before they lose? They are afraid to lose like a cry baby girl.
    Also battled on Set 8 with my Ubers,finished for 6th time so easily.
    R A i B L A D E

Quote Originally Posted by DrDimentio View Post
    A while ago I was playing PBR mainly to show my "friend", as I don't play it much usually. In Set 8 of the Masters Battle (as I wanted to show him the final boss Mysterial), the first opponent (some random pirate-wannabe girl) sent out a shiny Jirachi instead of the normal one I'd seen her use many times before! Has anyone else seen this? Does this mean that random 1 in 8192 chance shinies can appear in this game? If so, that sucks since you can't catch them >_>. But it was cool though.
    Well I know that the opponents ingame can send out shinies because I've seen three different ones in three different colosseums. As far as if it's still a 1 in 8192 chance I have no clue, I would imagine they would keep it the same.

It is pretty neat that they included this in the game but can be frustrating especially when they send out a shiny poke you really want.

For the past week or so, I've been playing the game on and off, slowly making my way through Courtyard Colosseum in the second round. I've just beaten Kruger for the 50th battle, and my team is still in pretty good shape, as I've almost got getting the 'Heal All' sector on the wheel down to an art now.

Do the Robot!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast