Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

I was fighting on WiFi, and this girl named Cyndy kept battling me. And guess what? She was using RENTAL Pokemon. What a n00b!

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by ElegyCity View Post
    Well I know that the opponents ingame can send out shinies because I've seen three different ones in three different colosseums. As far as if it's still a 1 in 8192 chance I have no clue, I would imagine they would keep it the same.

It is pretty neat that they included this in the game but can be frustrating especially when they send out a shiny poke you really want.
    Thanks for noticing my message. At least I know it's happened to other people now. Btw, what shiny Pokemans have randomly appeared for you in PBR?

My 1 in 8192 chance shinies: x2!, , , ... and ... lol >_>

My Poke Radar shinies: Metagross, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Nincada, Bagon, Bronzong, Umbreon.

"Well, well. Duckstealer McStealsducks. Been stealing ducks, have we?"
    "No." *Hides*
    "Curses! I was so sure..."

I hadn't played PBR in a while, so today I decided to play the Masters Battle Again, with the team I transferred from Diamond. I hadn't cleared Set 8 yet so I decided to try it, and this time I beat Mysterial and got the pass with Poké Balls.
    Last edited by Black Diaruga; 9th May 2009 at 1:28 AM.

Default Not Enough...

Finished the game, but was a bit upset as there were no GRAND prize, like Ho-oh or Lugia, Surfing Pikachu and The secret heated and the other (I forgot the name, was it electrocuted lol) secret gift weren't enough. Also, the colosseums were a bit boring, I thought I would have a HUGE advantage and wipe them off with all except 1 100 levels, but it turns out that their pokes' levels are equal to your highest. I just hated it, anyway, The game should have had an RPG mode, with a GRAND prize, not a surfing little pikachu...
    My Favourite Pokemon:

Swampert Latias Typhlosion Meganium

* I HAVE CHORTLES! *Fawfully sound*...

-------Funny Quotes-------

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    ...your parents buy you a kitten, you examine it, declare its IVs to be insufficient and release it in the nearest forest.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDimentio View Post
    Thanks for noticing my message. At least I know it's happened to other people now. Btw, what shiny Pokemans have randomly appeared for you in PBR?
    Well so far I have ran across a shiny at courtyard, a shiny at main street, and a shiny at magma. I'd love to have em all but even one of them would be great to have.
    Last edited by ElegyCity; 10th May 2009 at 8:04 PM.

I actually just saw my first shiny yesterday in the game. The Normal type guy had a shiny Clefable. Not a very noticeable change in it's color pattern like other pokes but it was neat none the less.
    Grandpa: "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions."
    -The Simpsons

Well, I just did a lot of Online matches, and it turns out that a Torterra with Synthesis, EarthQuake, Crunch, and Razor Leaf works very well when paired with a Golduck with high Defense. I can Surf all I want, and I can also use Earthquake if I have to. :P Speaking of those matches, I had some great ones such as this one guy who had a Trick Room team, it turns out that Cacturne is increadably slow, and it Sweeped my team. I also fought the same guy twice in a row, I lost the first match, and I randomly fought him again, and won the second battle. I'm going to upload those battles. He ran a Perish Song team, and his main Pokémon were Jynx, and Snorlax. Thankfully I caught on in the second battle, and walled him with my Tyranitar. XD Even with Self-Destruct Kaoru couldn't be killed. But that Snorlaz was very sturdy. o.O I also gained a new Battle Pass for getting 21 Friend Passes. It turns out that when you run a mostly UU team people exchange with you a lot. Anywho, today was also the debut of my EV Trained Shiny Golduck who I lovingly named Sheena. Her attacks really catch people off guard, and she accomplishes her role as Misty's partner. These two Golduck cover each other's weaknesses very well. The fact that it's practically impossible to tell them apart also helps. XD So yeah, I did a lot today. I had a wonderful time.

Huzzuh for Shiny Golduck looking exactly like a regular Golduck!

I finally made something.
    My Team: Torterra(Twiggy), R.Golduck(Misty), S.Golduck(Sheena), Darkrai(Vincent/Vinny), Tyranitar(Kaoru), Nidoking(Nido), so now you know, and I can use nicknames now. <_<
    As for Bella, she's retired for now, I hardly ever used her anyway. :P
    I'm on YouTube as Kujo1597. I have CvS2, SFIV, SSBB, and PKBR vids up.

Trying to beat set 8 of the masters for a while now. Really annoying. I hate his Palkia. Frustrates me. I suppose I should train something to counter him more. I've been using a scarfed Azelf to explode and kill his Kyogre and ww/e else is out at the time. Then using my own Kyogre to attempt to sweep.. but it isn't going very well. I was thinking of training up a Groudon instead.

Right now I have Kyogre, Jolteon, Mewtwo, Defense Deoxys, Lugia,with Azelf and Garchomp as alternates.

Really hard fight this is.
    Favorites are Forever
    3DS Friend Code- 2595-1082-4370- My Friend Safari is Ghost with Pumpkaboo, Lampent, and Golurk. PM Me to swap codes!

I just started playing yesterday, and I've completed..... four colosseums. The reason I haven't tried the crystel colossuem is I just wanted to get the neon colosuem first. All of them where farily easy but neon. I got good at the dart throwing part to where I could get most of my team, but of course when Rosie's battle started I was uderly horried at dart throwing and got her team pretty much. From other battles I had two perfect points. Lost first time......lost second time.......and won third time.
    (I guess third time's the charm)
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I do calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I somewhat care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar but re:worded by me)

HeartGold (Used this one unless I tell you otherwise)
    IGN: Dallas
    FC: 0775-6429-6921

Platinum
    FC: 4468-9962-3187

Completed the colosseums, trying to get all the battle passes and unlock all the clothes, while testing my team on Wifi.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Ok beat all the coloseums and got my    Spoiler:- Prize for beating the last colosuem:

Now I dunno what to do.....
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I do calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I somewhat care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar but re:worded by me)

HeartGold (Used this one unless I tell you otherwise)
    FC: 0775-6429-6921

Platinum
    FC: 4468-9962-3187

Decided to start a new game with my Platinum team. Only did wifi cause the pass i made has 3 level 100s, one level 45, and two in the 50's. Might wait to trade more Pokemon from my Pearl before earning poke-coupons
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I recently started a new profile and I won my way up to Sunset Colloseum with one of my WiFi teams. I then went onto WiFi and did some battles with the aforementioned team. I won about 5 or 6 battles in a row (all 2 on 2) untill I fought a guy a with a Metagross that destroyed my team. I guess that's what I get for asking to fight someone on WiFi with skill.

Can't read my poker face

Met some dude that i battled... he was named SuGar.

he had only 4 pokemon, and i owned him the first time.

and i looked for aopponent again, and he shows up again.

WITH THE SAME POKEMON. exact same person.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Started a new file. made 2 custom Passes. One with my trained team and one with my mostly untrained legends. Did a battle with me using the Ubers. Certaintly proved that Ubers are NOT the best ideas.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I got the surfing pikachu a few weeks ago. I stupidly turned it into a raichu and now it surfs on its tail. Im so stupid!!!

Well, I'm waiting for someone to finish EV training a Snorlax I asked for, so I boot up PBR and go onto Wi-Fi. I run into a guy with a Luxray, Tyranitar, and four ubers. I figure I may as well use my Swampert, since I plan on replacing him with my Snorlax once it's finished...

And he sweeps through three ubers. Barely got below half health. Wow.

John Locke ruins everything.

I have started a blog out of boredom. Look at it here if you're as bored as I was when I made it.

Brought my team favorite team of Dialga, Palkia, Empoleon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Ninjask to wifi. (I only use both my ubers if my opponent has ubers.) Most interesting battle I had was with a random guy who had a Jolteon FASTER than my Ninjask. Then it used thunderbolt and boom dead bug. That Jolteon must have had a speed boosting nature and 252 speed evs I guess.
    ---------------------
    ----------Ralts-----------
    ----Has been claimed-----
    --------------------------
    My HG team
    PBR FC: 0903-9902-7105
    -------------------------

Traded my sandstorm team from Pearl to use on my saved game with my platinum. Won a couple of battles with them. Also trying to make a level 50 team (might rarely use for wifi) with probably a team that has an interesting mix; Pidgeot, Aggron, Primape, Sharpedo, Arbok, and Seviper
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I was battling an uber team an random Wi-Fi a few days ago.
    I send out Togekiss. He sends out Kyogre.
    Togekiss uses Extreamspeed. Criticle hit, Kyogre fainted.
    He sends out Darkrai. Togekiss uses Extreamspeed. Darkrai fainted.

I can't remember the rest, but that part was hilarious. I wish that I was recording it.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Starting to work on the master ranks on my Diamond's file, and I got owned in the second match of either round 3 or 4. Anyways, I destroyed the first opponent, no problem. I enter the second round, sending out Lucario and Metagross, the CPU sending out a Drifloon and Golem. So I select Aura Sphere for Lucario on Golem due to EQ from Meta would KO him along w/ Golem. Meta uses Meteor Mash on Drifblim (the evolution, can't remeber name). So the round starts, and GOLEM goes first. I'm just sitting there thinking how in the world!?!? Lucario was a Timid w/ max IV's and EV's, so I'm just wounding how that's possible. It must have had a choice Scarf due to that was the only attack it ever used.

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

I was battling with friend passes this weekend. I took a pass with Smogon quality movesets, and kept losing to a Japanese team featuring the Kanto starters, Snorlax, Espeon, and a shiny Muk on doubles. However, I easily beat that team on my first try by stalling it to death with a Japanese trick room team. I also took out an entire team of Togekiss, Metagross, and Porygon-Z with just my own Blissey.
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6478-8554
    Friend Safari
    Fire with Magmar, Slugma, and Braixen. Please PM if you want to add me.

Shinies Obtained
    Crobat, Golem, Magnezone, Butterfree, Spheal, Luvdisc, Charizard, Xatu

Shinies obtained from GTS/Trades
    Parasect, Glameow, Chansey, Deoxys, Lugia, Machamp, Linoone, Spiritomb

been testing out my new attack deoxys and steelix (solid snake)
    just lost a battle with a guy who had two drapion, two scythers, and two granbulls
    he had really good strategy, could've taken him out because of a tormenting steelix but he swords danced before which didn't exactly help plus i superpowered a granbull stupidly because i forgot i was intimidated which allowed him to payback me, taking out my main powerhouse...why oh why must a lv. 50 attack deoxys be cursed with 36 defense?

The other day I was testing 5 of my new WiFi Pokes and I stuck my Porygon-Z in the 6th spot. I went on wifi and had an epic battle:

I use Metagross
    They use Dialga
    Dialga uses Aura Sphere
    Metagross uses stealth rock
    Dialga uses Aura sphere
    Metagross uses T-punch
    Dialga uses Aura Sphere
    Metagross faints, I send out Gyarados
    Dialga uses Roar of Time
    Gyarados faints, I send out Porygon-Z
    Dialga must recharge
    Porygon-Z uses Nasty Plot
    Dialga uses flamethrower and burns Porygon-Z
    Porygon-Z uses Ice Beam
    Dialga faints, they send out Infernape
    Porygon-Z uses Tri Attack
    Infernape faints, they send out Hippowdon
    Porygon-Z uses Ice Beam
    Hippowdon faints; I win!

My Porygon-Z had about 20hp left and woulda been killed by burn+sandstorm, let alone another attack.

Can't read my poker face

Currently I'm attempting to complete Courtyard Colosseum. I won't have to worry about the fog as long as my Rayquaza is on the field. Wish me luck.
    Platinum FC Chris 1977-6048-5193

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast